THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somali National Army (SNA)

+16
countersniper
mchoraji
aggressor one
Spartan
tempest
mogen
Kobooz
Batian
jasiri
Olekoima
Flying Crane
Risasi
Balozi
Sisal Makonge
mJESHI mMOJA
Admin
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Somali National Army (SNA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Somali National Army (SNA)

Post  jasiri Fri Jul 01 2011, 12:54

Agreed col, the shooting isn't exactly RSF material but neither is it somali army checkpoint crew stuff either. they would have shattered the wind shield with bullets. all in all, good riddance to bad rubish.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:07

jasiri wrote:Agreed col, the shooting isn't exactly RSF material but neither is it somali army checkpoint crew stuff either. they would have shattered the wind shield with bullets. all in all, good riddance to bad rubish.

You wanna try this sometime? Reckon we could take you out on one of our ''walk-abouts'' in the bush, mate! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:13

you may be surprised what some untested hands can do. Very Happy
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:42

jasiri wrote:you may be surprised what some untested hands can do. Very Happy

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

You in good condition, able to get away a full 60Hours in a stretch away from your Computer, phone and TV? Own life and medical cover? tot a 35Kg shoulder-pack (plus some other equipment) and do a quick 45km day tab? qualms eating ''what-you-catch'' stuff not restricted to normal cuisine? Read a grid-map, run a compass, find your way around without the modern-day witchcraft?

Will get someone to send you a secure link and we take it from there. Don't wanna break cover just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:47

compass and grid map are my mid name, gold standard in the P.A(Presidents Award) all others check. i have no illusions 45Kg is tough but i believe i can make it...i understan the operational cover. link it, i'll be there
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:58

Okay, buddy. stand-by. Will get someone working on it now - gotta push this a little bit higher up, procedural. Cover-my-backside, kinda.
Provisionally in a fortnight, so go create that space, and toggle up some in the gym.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Fri Jul 01 2011, 19:17

jasiri wrote:Well Col, that sight was too glaring for one not to notice. look at the pics. This guys were proffesionals. Concentration of fire on the driver and passenger side of the SUV with the "between" area untouched. They then managed center mass shots which killed him. To achieve that on a moving target! that's so un-checkpoint soldier like. to make matters worse, a young somali soldier interviewed by the AP said he loosed 30rounds into the SUV(full mag) after F.A.M went for his pistol. now i'm no expert but i know some things. the somalis most probably use TYPE 56 chinese a.k's. The said somali soldier interviewed by AP(saw his pic) is just a local militia kitted with TFG uniform. seriously that guy couldn't have been trained in Manyani or Bihanga. Now for that guy to achieve that level of accuracy he has to have tom berrenger sniper genes flowing in his D.N[img]Somali National Army (SNA) - Page 2 F_a_m10[img]Somali National Army (SNA) - Page 2 F_a_m_11

The Somalia Theater keeps mesmerizing me. What the hell happened here?? wooooo these are experts or old dogs to say
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:06

sisal everyone has his hands stuck in the Somalia cookie jar but no one wants to admit it. it very interesting. I rem once when i was still in Msa during the Ethio-ICU war, the K.A.F had a heavy prescence in F.O.B Msa. one morning an unusual number of fighter took off, at around three, in mid morning CNN is reporting "unidentified warplanes" have bombed targets in Somalia. Later at noon, ex FM Ralph Tuju takes to the screens and condemns the bombing of a "sovereign" nation. hehehe your guess is as good as mine.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:18

Sisal Makonge wrote:]

The Somalia Theater keeps mesmerizing me. What the hell happened here?? wooooo these are experts or old dogs to say

Sisal. we (Kenya) are married to Somalia - for better or worse. Hell, man, you've forgotten the seething demographics past Isiolo? Over half of the Somali Nation lives in Kenya, and 80% of its economy a sub-set of Kenya. Despite the corruption of our National Ethos, Somalia is slowly becoming Kenyan as the months go. Like it or not, there is no sitting out of this rain as if it will pass by when it is done in Somalia.

You looking for the Villain of this Piece, just stretch your hand and touch the first man you get to. The other chaps that are in are periphery players.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Mon Jul 04 2011, 18:18

I think that’s true. I hear in the last censor the Somali community appeared to be the largest in the country.
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 11:49

Sisal Makonge wrote:I think that’s true. I hear in the last censor the Somali community appeared to be the largest in the country.

Not quite that yet Sisal. But substantially so, and there we cannot reverse this migration - we must make the best use of it, and there are several good uses too. But this quite simply means we cannot do this Somalia thing covert as we have always done. Heard the Ole Man in Addis jana? Smart-war 'Covert' has become Smart-war 'Overt'!! And just about time, by gawd!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 12:49

ole Nkarei wrote:
Sisal Makonge wrote:I think that’s true. I hear in the last censor the Somali community appeared to be the largest in the country.

Not quite that yet Sisal. But substantially so, and there we cannot reverse this migration - we must make the best use of it, and there are several good uses too. But this quite simply means we cannot do this Somalia thing covert as we have always done. Heard the Ole Man in Addis jana? Smart-war 'Covert' has become Smart-war 'Overt'!! And just about time, by gawd!!

Hmm, and there I was thinking that he's just being Zenawi's lapdog.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Jul 06 2011, 11:56

So the C-in-C has succesfully opened the third military theater. hmm! here's where we stand, MiG 29, Su-27's Vs F-5's and Su-27's. pale
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Jul 06 2011, 12:14

jasiri wrote:So the C-in-C has succesfully opened the third military theater. hmm! here's where we stand, MiG 29, Su-27's Vs F-5's and Su-27's. pale
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 13:00

jasiri wrote:So the C-in-C has succesfully opened the third military theater. hmm! here's where we stand, MiG 29, Su-27's Vs F-5's and Su-27's. pale

SoB! But how much is plane and how much is pilot? And systems?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 13:55

jasiri wrote:

Basic assumptions is that one Military Unit (such as one MBT or one Fighter-bomber) increases its effective battle capacity when operationalised grouped with another such Unit, by a factor of at least 100% et exponentially - depending on several factors. A Company of MBT is one monstrous thing in tandem and synchronized deployment than when each of the Units of this Company deploy individually. Eritrea would require to greatly improve it's Air-force beyond those 6 Units of SU30MK2 it currently operates to make anyone loose any sleep - hell, one afternoon with a few inexpensive but very effective shoulder-fired Stingers with the Deltas could easily sort these aged air-frames for good.

There is a whole lot of considerations to these issues than individual stores of hardware, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Wed Jul 06 2011, 16:43

This bird send shiver down my spine. How do you tackle it
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Jul 07 2011, 09:12

Balozi wrote:This bird send shiver down my spine. How do you tackle it

it will send move shiver when you see it in the official crane colors. LoL
Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz Smile Very Happy Razz Smile Razz Laughing Basketball
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jul 08 2011, 09:55

we are still waiting for them crane. Last i heard they had been delivered, lol! what happened did they go the way of the 90's tanks from ukraine? Very Happy
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jul 25 2011, 19:14

It's all about numbers right? i thought that the UPDF had enough boots on the ground already, or is it lack of effective tactics? hehehehe crane you may just be posted to Mog soon Laughing
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Tue Jul 26 2011, 07:22

Its on the contrary Jas. Very Happy Very Happy A good part of that clip shows how wasajahs have been doing a good Job. Al shabab is at its weakest thanks to UPDF cheers alien . Thanks for the clip Jas.

P/S the Gilas modern APC in action.
bounce lol!
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Jul 26 2011, 12:27

No problem bro Crane
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 01 2011, 13:58

http://www.thedailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-08-01-eritrea-africas-north-korea-complete-with-unhinged-president A look at the Kim Jong Il of Africa, the nemesis in chief of East Africa at large.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sun Aug 07 2011, 10:22

Flying Crane wrote:Its on the contrary Jas. Very Happy Very Happy A good part of that clip shows how wasajahs have been doing a good Job. Al shabab is at its weakest thanks to UPDF cheers alien . Thanks for the clip Jas.

bounce lol!

finally the well trained wasajahs from UPDF has managed to push back the Al Shabab out of the Somalia capital Mogadishu. This was a well planned military operation and more of similar results and operations shall be seen in the future.
http://www.euronews.net/2011/08/06/islamic-militants-withdraw/

Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:14

FlyingCrane- cease with your disinformation, buddy.

The Al-shabaab have not quit Mogadishu because of the AMISOM prowess against it. This is not to denigrate the sacrifice of those brave men in that theatre. Even at this time, it is extremely doubtful that AMISOM and the TFG have capacity to take the ground ceded by Al-shabaab – I personally know they haven’t. I have observed AMISOM from the ‘Trenches’ and Planning /Command Sites on several occasions.

Indeed Al-shabaab’s withdrawal is worrisome for many reasons, least of which is that a full-blown truly asymmetric conflict re-ignites. If your boys don’t improve their leadership, tactics/execution and planning, the Blackhawk Incident of 1993 will pale in comparison with what will be visited on these hapless chaps. Of course there is a possibility of ‘funnelling’ this withdrawal to generalised areas which will allow for swift Decapitation Strikes by Rotary /Fixed wing Air and Airborne SF Assets– which AMISOM and TFG haven’t at present.

From where I am seated, it is particularly worrisome that the International faction of Al-shabaab has now definitely taken pre-eminence of the Anti-TFG forces with this withdrawal, because it’s ideology is for a borderless, faceless, maximum collateral casualties, bleed-from-within, absolute chaos type of conflict driven by an external outlook. – they don’t give one hoot for Somalia and Somalians.

Al-shabaab was not in Mogadishu and generally in Somalia because of their strength of firepower, organisation or appeal; heck it is simply because of the shameless weakness of the TFG and the AMISOM leadership that Al-shabaab supplanted Government in Mogadishu this long, and will continue to plague Somalia for the near future. Back to the drawing board, guys - all 'under-wraps' efforts previously expended to 'strengthen' the indigenous factions have come a cropper, by gawd!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 07 2011, 19:30

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/How+Eritrea+strongman+uses+Kenya+as+a+terror+finance+hub/-/2558/1214848/-/item/1/-/1002v9o/-/index.html No wonder Father Abraham was pissed.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 19:56

jasiri wrote:http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/How+Eritrea+strongman+uses+Kenya+as+a+terror+finance+hub/-/2558/1214848/-/item/1/-/1002v9o/-/index.html No wonder Father Abraham was pissed.

1. Ethiopia is twice Kenya's population, a very muscular standing army and a very short power-structure ( Meles is unchallenged internally). 2. The sibling squabbling with Eritrea keeps this shuffling giant face Northwards and not generally South. 3. It wouldn't be a magical feat to stop cold all Eritrea covert activities staging from Kenya.
Well??

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 08 2011, 10:09

I thought of that too. It is much easier for Kenya to cut diplomatic ties with Eritrea(and am sure Melles has suggested the same) after all there's no economic value to our relationship, so why isn't the GoK doing it? Now i understand.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Aug 08 2011, 12:38

Flying Crane wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:Its on the contrary Jas. Very Happy Very Happy A good part of that clip shows how wasajahs have been doing a good Job. Al shabab is at its weakest thanks to UPDF cheers alien . Thanks for the clip Jas.

bounce lol!

finally the well trained wasajahs from UPDF has managed to push back the Al Shabab out of the Somalia capital Mogadishu. This was a well planned military operation and more of similar results and operations shall be seen in the future.
http://www.euronews.net/2011/08/06/islamic-militants-withdraw/

I also personally think Al shabab shot them self in the foot after denying western NGO to distribute food in the greater Mogadishu area. It lost favor with the civilian who were thier largest advocates. when it took that’s stance. “I think” (not official) the retreat is a face saving tactic in order to swallow back its stance and allow the NGO to serve the dying population.

I also think the retreat is therfore strategically as the spokesman claim to be and not an over run by the AU army. I stand to be white inked.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Tue Nov 22 2011, 19:34

Flying Crane wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:
mJESHI mMOJA wrote:i once said that our GSU operates the M16A1 rife. here is the pic

Somali National Army (SNA) - Page 2 29438_10

Kenya doesn’t feature in countries that operate the M-16. they might have be brought in or leased for that special event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle#Users

do I see a Uganda in this list
Very Happy

Not all that is listed in Wikipedia is necessarily exhaustive.For instance Uganda is known to posses some BM21 MRLs yet none is shown in Wikipedia's list. Similarly Kenya's sidewinder air to air missiles are not captured there either. You need to look at other authoritative sources ( such as Janes defense weekly) as well. If you need links on these then i' am more than willing to provide.
Sometimes the information that is posted in Wikipedia is not exactly reliable especially given that anybody can edit that site.

You Mjeshi mmoja, leave @flying crane alone he wants to derive pleasure and amuse himself even when there is evidence provided. He wants to play with your mind like a child. And then remember that the Wikipedia site, anybody can edit it from across the world so avoid such arguments, they have no meaning. Give us facts from sites like CIA factbooks and

But This pic is great of a paramalitary officer with an MI6. What was cutting then to invoke such an armed display.

Mister do you have a personal vendetta against me? I have noticed that when i post a comment you counter it. What’s your problem? Uganda has M-16;s its list in many websites. I have pic,s that I can post. Substantiate yourself show me an article from Jane that says so about kenya.

pig Embarassed
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next