THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
redqueen
mashaa
mambotupu
Uzi
Nesta
HokumA
mwepesi
countersniper
Analyst
Balozi
cylon
Sisal Makonge
Admin
georiise
Flying Crane
Ole Sidai
timoh
Batian
PatriotKenyan
Sayaret matkal
jasiri
Olekoima
tempest
mekatilili
GreyArea
livefire
Mkenya
Sierra Kilo
mchoraji
Kobooz
MWAURA
MasterChief
Interloper
Simbamundu
mogen
kimiti
proud kenyan
nyukilized
mJESHI mMOJA
africaken
obienga
Gallahad
Risasi
The Blue
SS Jamuhuri
50 posters

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  tempest Fri Jun 06 2014, 19:35

Yes. A good development for Zambia. Waiting for the birds although from the Chinese feed, seems the birds started coming of the production line last year. It has good potential if given appropriate avionics.

My thinking is the L-15 says on another 5 years or maybe 10, the Zambians with get a proper MRCA.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 07 2014, 05:01

proud kenyan wrote:
deconstructor wrote:Future of the Kenyan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
http://www.researchmoz.us/future-of-the-kenyan-defense-industry-market-attractiveness-competitive-landscape-and-forecasts-to-2018-report.html
the kenyan defence industry is bound to change going forward,sometime back there was talk of an upcoming expeditionary force for kenya,and the guidelines,among them ability to operationalise and deploy within a given amount of time would show serious intention towards better hardware,as well as the planned upgrades of the civilian policing force and intel sections of the security apparatus
The article says that close to 2Billion will be spent, I hope they can put some of that money into the economy by focusing on some kind of local production/manufacturing.

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Sat Jun 07 2014, 17:04

proud kenyan wrote:
africaken wrote:
Risasi wrote:
mchoraji wrote:@ Risasi please post as many images as possible of today's event at MAB

Anyone with the clips on the KAF golden jubilee aired on NTV?

niko base didn,t attended but will see what I can get from friends.. but vijana wana lia that the following web ina  iba picture and info. zetu sana.
http://far-maroc.forumpro.fr/f9-afrique
@ risasi look at what i found from the forum from our nemesis the brits  Very Happy 
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 58670110
KENYA’s efforts to protect its borders received a major boost after the United Kingdom provided the Kenya Defence Forces with a high-tech maritime security surveillance system. The equipment, was handed over to the team by British Defence Attaché Brigadier David Potts at the Kenyan Air Force Forward Operating Base in Mombasa, which is located at the airport. There was high security during the handing over, with the press getting limited access to the venue.

The surveillance equipment consists of a special camera fixed to the bottom of an aircraft, and used both day and night to spot suspicious activity at sea. It will be used along Kenya’s coast. Potts said in providing the equipment, the UK’s intention is to provide further support to Kenya’s capability to root out security threats such as piracy, terrorism and smuggling. “This is a demonstration of the strength of UK-Kenyan bi-lateral defence cooperation. We hope that it will help strengthen Kenya’s regional maritime security capabilities and help restore greater security to Kenya’s coast,” he said.

The handover ceremony also marks the end of a period of training for KDF personnel who will be operating the equipment. In a press statement from the press office, they explained that the equipment, called the MX-15, is manufactured by L-3 WESCAM of the US and consists of a stabilised, gimbal-mounted day/night sighting system which is controlled by a sensor operator inside the modified air craft. “The operator sits at a consol which provides him with real-time data recoding facilities, and a suite of communications facilities which allow him to work in coordination with other maritime surveillance assets. In this particular case the Kenya Air Force will be operating the equipment from a modified Y-12 HARBIN,” he added.

The project has been funded and enabled by the UK, and has been delivered by a contractor called CAE Aviation Luxembourg. “Its use in maritime surveillance is to seek out those conducting illegal activity. This can be done at a safe distance from the target, and in most cases the target will not be aware of the aircraft’s presence in the area. Data recording and subsequent analysis by trained experts will be used to assist prosecutors to secure safe convictions of those involved in illegal activity at sea,” Potts said.

He added that Kenyan operators and analysts have received all the necessary training to use, service and maintain the equipment. They will gain further expertise as they use the equipment in its operational role. Part of the programme is for the contractor to provide two years worth of technical support. The UK has recently funded a similar system for use by the Seychelles People’s Defence Force. Their system has been operational for approximately one year, and has been used extensively throughout their Exclusive Economic Zone.
this pic has "eaten dust",I think it was before OLN or just after,and way before choices having consequences..it seems you didnt read through the blog from at least before onset of OLN
it was after OLN started ,this article was written on  12 February 2012 http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-28833/uk-donates-high-tech-surveillance-equipment-help-kdf if only it could do this 

Last edited by africaken on Sat Jun 07 2014, 18:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

africaken

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty ACHLEITNER

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sat Jun 07 2014, 23:32

africaken wrote:
mekatilili wrote:3 years on and you are still beating about the bush! I said this at the start and I will repeat it today, Kenya's woes are as a result of corruption, tribalism, incompetence-poor leadership at all levels-& shortsighted foreign policy. 

The Al-Shabaab, a poorly organized regional terrorist network, is able to run circles around your security agencies and attack at will because your security and intelligence apparatus is a joke. 

This was on full display during the Wesgate attack, when 4 Somalis fought off the largest military in East Africa, and in Baragoi, Turkana and Wajir, where the government has ceded control of those areas to bandits. I will not mention the gangs that are in full control of the urban areas. 

Over 100 terrorist attacks in less than 2 years is reason enough for the whole government to be sent packing. 

Kenya was under the United States' intelligence cover, and what you are witnessing are the consequences of the antagonistic pose taken by Uhuru Kenyatta. One can only imagine what will happen if the US intelligence decides to severe all links! Afghanistan.
lets not underestimate alshabaab even uhuru has come to realize that.

Knight VX pitbull?? really ?? this one eeehhh??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76uGRqFavm0
from the US?canada. we don,t deal with those guys now day esh.
som one tell those Kenya blog site to recheck ama ask?
http://www.mediamaxnetwork.co.ke/thepeople/80816/jubilee-remains-impartial-service-delivery-says-ruto

ACHLEITNER
Survivor I RCV
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Achleitner_Survivor-I.jpg
Austria
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Sun Jun 08 2014, 18:17

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
africaken wrote:
mekatilili wrote:3 years on and you are still beating about the bush! I said this at the start and I will repeat it today, Kenya's woes are as a result of corruption, tribalism, incompetence-poor leadership at all levels-& shortsighted foreign policy. 

The Al-Shabaab, a poorly organized regional terrorist network, is able to run circles around your security agencies and attack at will because your security and intelligence apparatus is a joke. 

This was on full display during the Wesgate attack, when 4 Somalis fought off the largest military in East Africa, and in Baragoi, Turkana and Wajir, where the government has ceded control of those areas to bandits. I will not mention the gangs that are in full control of the urban areas. 

Over 100 terrorist attacks in less than 2 years is reason enough for the whole government to be sent packing. 

Kenya was under the United States' intelligence cover, and what you are witnessing are the consequences of the antagonistic pose taken by Uhuru Kenyatta. One can only imagine what will happen if the US intelligence decides to severe all links! Afghanistan.
lets not underestimate alshabaab even uhuru has come to realize that.

Knight VX pitbull?? really ?? this one eeehhh??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76uGRqFavm0
from the US?canada. we don,t deal with those guys now day esh.
som one tell those Kenya blog site to recheck ama ask?
http://www.mediamaxnetwork.co.ke/thepeople/80816/jubilee-remains-impartial-service-delivery-says-ruto

ACHLEITNER
Survivor I RCV
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Achleitner_Survivor-I.jpg
Austria
it time our security agencies become more PR friendly and informative to both our  media and public as most countries have being doing in the west,east and also some of our African neighbors

africaken

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Kenya Airforce gets intense survival course

Post  africaken Sun Jun 08 2014, 18:58

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Jun 09 2014, 13:41

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 KAFMIRAGE503
Is this a Kenya airforce fighter jet? It looks like a Mirage, when were these acquired?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Jun 09 2014, 15:08

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f74654670a321c734377742d16241839&topic=18821.msg431498#msg431498
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty We’ll protect Kenya’s sovereignty at all costs – Uhuru

Post  Olekoima Mon Jun 09 2014, 15:11

NAIROBI, Kenya, Jun 4 – President Uhuru Kenyatta has affirmed the Government’s commitment to protecting the country’s sovereignty.
He said the ongoing modernisation of the Kenya Air Force and the wider Kenya Defence Forces will boost capacity to deal with all emerging challenges.......

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2014/06/well-protect-kenyas-sovereignty-at-all-costs-uhuru/
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Kenya to acquire new military helicopters and other hardware

Post  Olekoima Mon Jun 09 2014, 18:00

The Kenyan government has unveiled plans to spend US$1 billion acquiring 10 new military helicopters, the refurbishment of three grounded Russian-made Mi-17 helicopters and the installation of closed circuit (CCTV) surveillance cameras in 10 cities in terms of a strategic five-year national security plan to secure the country against a series of terrorist attacks blamed on Somali Islamist militant group Al Shabaab......

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35029:kenya-to-acquire-new-military-helicopters-and-other-hardware&catid=49:National%20Security&Itemid=115
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Jun 09 2014, 18:54

Olekoima wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 KAFMIRAGE503
Is this a Kenya airforce fighter jet? It looks like a Mirage, when were these acquired?

Olekoima wrote:The Kenyan government has unveiled plans to spend US$1 billion acquiring 10 new military helicopters, the refurbishment of three grounded Russian-made Mi-17 helicopters and the installation of closed circuit (CCTV) surveillance cameras in 10 cities in terms of a strategic five-year national security plan to secure the country against a series of terrorist attacks blamed on Somali Islamist militant group Al Shabaab......

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35029:kenya-to-acquire-new-military-helicopters-and-other-hardware&catid=49:National%20Security&Itemid=115

olekoima habari ya masiku ..first posting CGI  for those play station 3.
second posting is stuff for the Kenya police ..the Mi- are a heavy toll in spares for that service.. they need small choppers like the Bell 206 ranger for policing cities
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Jun 10 2014, 08:44

Risasi wrote:

Olekoima wrote:The Kenyan government has unveiled plans to spend US$1 billion acquiring 10 new military helicopters, the refurbishment of three grounded Russian-made Mi-17 helicopters and the installation of closed circuit (CCTV) surveillance cameras in 10 cities in terms of a strategic five-year national security plan to secure the country against a series of terrorist attacks blamed on Somali Islamist militant group Al Shabaab......

second posting is stuff for the Kenya police ..the Mi- are a heavy toll in spares for that service.. they need small choppers like the Bell 206 ranger for policing cities

I' am quite fine @ Risasi, thanks for the info. I wonder why the police would still need the Mi-17s after the bad experience with the earlier ones now grounded.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Jun 10 2014, 09:57

Olekoima wrote:
Risasi wrote:

I' am quite fine @ Risasi, thanks for the info. I wonder why the police would still need the Mi-17s after the bad experience with the earlier ones now grounded.

the story is the Kenya police wants to replace their Mi-17 with smaller Helicopters  and not rebuying other Mi-17.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Jun 10 2014, 10:25

Habari ya wananchi? So after some passive observation i deem it safe to come out of hidding, seems the extreemists have dissapeared.

I opine that KPAW should retain the Mil but transfer them to the GSU/AP specifically tasked with rapid deployement and resupply of remote border posts. I do not see the sense in a convoy of 15 GSU/RDU trucks travelling from Nairobi to reinforce a post in Kanyerus or Ramu. By the time you get there the killings has already finished. In agreement though, i always find it amusing to see a huge Mi-17 patrolling Nairobi hehehe. Did you know it drinks 800 litres of Jet A per hr of flight?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Serious...

Post  GreyArea Tue Jun 10 2014, 15:28

GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10 2014, 16:03

GreyArea wrote:

What does this have to do with KDF? I don't get the connection

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Tue Jun 10 2014, 17:11

deconstructor wrote:
GreyArea wrote:

No real connection, just interesting to note that recovered ammo is not always booty...
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 10 2014, 18:46

GreyArea wrote:
deconstructor wrote:
GreyArea wrote:

No real connection, just interesting to note that recovered ammo is not always booty...

interesting, but maybe it might be a good idea to post KDF related stuff on the KDF thread.  Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:29

GreyArea wrote:
deconstructor wrote:
GreyArea wrote:

Another way to look at it, is in the broader context, arms smuggled to rebels in Syria have a way of finding their way into Yemen and consequently into theatre. I'll venture to add that this might just be sammy's handiwork with a convenient scapegoat to boot as it tries to control "out of control" rebels.
Brigadier General Abdelilah al-Bashir, who defected in 2012 and led rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) forces in the Golan before becoming chief-of-staff of the FSA's Supreme Military Council in February, told Reuters that Washington was bypassing the SMC in sending weapons directly to groups that were hard to control. http://reut.rs/1kKFAqe
American military and Special Operations veterans who had been involved in the distribution of such ammunition in Afghanistan and Iraq described a variety of steps taken to contain the spread of the most dangerous doctored ammunition to civilians. The legality of such tactics is uncertain. The Pentagon declined to comment on its doctored-ammunition programs in Afghanistan and Iraq. “Unfortunately, we won’t be able to provide any information to you about this,” Lt. Col. James Gregory, a Pentagon spokesman, wrote by e-mail. http://nyti.ms/VdTe4o
The latest experts' report said Yemen was the top source of arms in Somalia.
The group wrote that authorities in Puntland - a semi-autonomous region of Somalia which has a fractious relationship with Mogadishu - had said that one reason they had passed a law banning Yemeni petroleum imports with the ease with which arms were smuggled in diesel containers like the ones on the Jihan 1. http://reut.rs/160ndlA

obienga

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 11 2014, 17:07

150 Cadets underwent matriculation at Kenyatta University, the first institution of higher learning to open a Military Academy. The cadets are enrolled in a bachelor of Science in Military Studies degree course. The course would be completed in four academic years. Speaking at the ceremony, Vice Chancellor professor Olive Mugenda told the cadets that they were bound to meet challenges in their studies, challenges they must overcome.

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 11 2014, 17:22

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
Risasi wrote:

the story is the Kenya police wants to replace their Mi-17 with smaller Helicopters  and not rebuying other Mi-17.
from my previous comments if i offend anyone i ask for their forgiveness .on the subject on police buying new helicopters,i dont think the police should replace the existing Mi-17 but should use them in the remote areas e.g northeastern on border aerial patrol ,anti-theft operations and logistics and police movements from post to post when reinforcements are needed.this machines are rugged and can take the rough beating of this territories and range. within the urban areas its wise to used agile choppers like bell for their rapid respond to an incident and chase of perpetrators

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 11 2014, 19:20

if i am not mistaking it was long rumored that kenya wanted to buy C-295's 

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Jun 12 2014, 08:33

africaken wrote:if i am not mistaking it was long rumored that kenya wanted to buy C-295's 

It is also rumored that Kenya operates 16 of these Havocs-------===>

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLTU86pBATcoC7ErAHb-t3QZmaBuI2ZcK2wfKzesH2LGd0rwrZFQ
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Thu Jun 12 2014, 20:09

Sierra Kilo wrote:
africaken wrote:if i am not mistaking it was long rumored that kenya wanted to buy C-295's 

It is also rumored that Kenya operates 16 of these Havocs-------===>

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLTU86pBATcoC7ErAHb-t3QZmaBuI2ZcK2wfKzesH2LGd0rwrZFQ
maybe our pilots could be having a good time like this iraq pilots  Very Happy 

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Fri Jun 13 2014, 03:41

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Article-2645200-1E6389F900000578-505_634x365
Thomas Evans from Buckinghamshire converted to Islam at aged of 19
Changed his name to Abdul Hakim and lost all interest in his hobbies  
Travelled to Somalia in 2011 to fight alongside terror group al-Shabaab 
Mother Sally Evans, 56, fears he could become a suicide bomber
She keeps police informed of his activities when he gets in contact 
Says she'd rather see him behind bars than fighting with terror group
Evans attempted to fly to Kenya in February 2011 but was blocked by anti-terrorism police at Heathrow. A few months later he went to Egypt, saying he was planning to study Arabic.
Police later informed his mother he had been trying to enter Kenya. It wasn’t until January 2012 that he phoned and told her he was in Somalia and was prepared to die for his Islamist beliefs. http://dailym.ai/1nTNjTN

obienga

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Jun 14 2014, 09:10

africaken wrote:150 Cadets underwent matriculation at Kenyatta University, the first institution of higher learning to open a Military Academy. The cadets are enrolled in a bachelor of Science in Military Studies degree course. The course would be completed in four academic years. Speaking at the ceremony, Vice Chancellor professor Olive Mugenda told the cadets that they were bound to meet challenges in their studies, challenges they must overcome.
No, i think Egerton University was the first institution to do this kind of thing.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Mon Jun 16 2014, 04:42

GreyArea wrote:If you wait for CIA to produce a video detailing how they work you will wait forever. Take the signs for what they are. If you are wrong you will soon know. I am not privy to as much info as guys in the military circles but I know what I am seeing.
Not stated formally, but its been said as to who has a hand in recent ongoings: https://youtu.be/iMRcalxmUEo?t=46s

obienga

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Kenyan and EAC borders

Post  Guest Mon Jun 16 2014, 08:25

After what just happened in Lamu I think it might be good for Kenya and EAC to consider building a border wall along its border with Somalia and the whole EAC like this below
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Border-fence
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 ISR-EGY_border_6521a
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Sanysidroborderwall
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Virtual-border-fence-5

Apart from offering security; It might actually be able to pay for itself because if built it will instantly eliminate cross border smuggling and tax evasion and therefore increase revenue from custom duties

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayaret matkal Mon Jun 16 2014, 11:45

Im not one to join the government bashing bandwagon every time 'the shit hits the fan' but after the events of last nyt? Im left with too many questions. Where is Nis? Where was a rapid response unit? An entire freakn town gets attacked fr hours no1 radiod for reinforcements? And supposedly 50 attackers jst vanish into thin air? Conspiracy theories about west-trained commandos aside, we could have done much better. Where is ON n the MI chaps wen you need objective analysis. Salute to Bulletman, Africaken..karibu n as we tell all newbies, strive to be objective, emotion is allowed but dont turn EA into mashada
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Jun 16 2014, 12:13

Sayaret matkal wrote:Im not one to join the government bashing bandwagon every time 'the shit hits the fan' but after the events of last nyt? Im left with too many questions. Where is Nis? Where was a rapid response unit? An entire freakn town gets attacked fr hours no1 radiod for reinforcements? And supposedly 50 attackers jst vanish into thin air? Conspiracy theories about west-trained commandos aside, we could have done much better. Where is ON n the MI chaps wen you need objective analysis. Salute to Bulletman, Africaken..karibu n as we tell all newbies, strive to be objective, emotion is allowed but dont turn EA into mashada

Am so saddened by this shit. Is this the Kenya where some of us have believed our security forces can neutralize any enemy that threatens? Something is very wrong.I don't care who did but the fact that the attackers were in town for over four hours speaks volumes.......Guess it's time to over-haul some of our forces.It's un-acceptable
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next