THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 3 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Kobooz Thu Nov 24 2011, 13:27

I thought Jram brought it out well @ risasi, where do you disagree with him? Well those of us who have a glimpse (though am civilian) of what a soldier goes thru know that in an operation, speculation and the reality on the ground will never converge. Let the operation be handled militarily and not according to what civilians feel or want to hear. @ the end of it, they will appreciate. The situation we face as a country today is quite delicate and unique as outlined by one moran. as I fall out, let it be known that I don't care about western opinion or analysis. They will always, i say always - see things as suites their interests period

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 15:28

jasiri wrote: Today morning i spotted a convoy from 7th infantry in battle dress, M-4'S(quite surprised that almost all of them had M-4's), vests minus helmets though. I estimate about a company sized detachment.
My prayers are with these brave Kenyan men. We stand strong as a nation. Kenya forever!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Thu Nov 24 2011, 15:40

To all critics of KDF, remember that of all the sons of Jesse, David looked the most feeble and unlikely suited for eliminating Goliath. We all know how it ended. God is watching over our soldiers on the frontline

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 15:48

Kobooz wrote: let it be known that I don't care about western opinion or analysis. They will always, i say always - see things as suites their interests period

Have you guys ever wondered why we jumped-off into Somalia without prior notice to the Brits and Americans? And why they were so utterly miffed off with us in the first couple of weeks? Precisely to avoid being tagged as their ‘’ hired mercenary’’ fighting a proxy war at their behest. Even so, there has been fervent effort to explain KDF Mission as a western paid-synchronized-commanded-instructed proxy war.

After years of trying to get Western Powers to show necessary Interest in Somalia, the only option left to us was a ''near-zero-sum game'' option to weigh in the huge Western Economic Interests in Kenya and EAC into the bargain – Western Powers failure to engage now must be equated with risking the security of their vital interests in Kenya + EAC. Western Powers expected the goose to continue to lay the golden eggs, but would not feed it - they screamed hoarse about our responsibility to Refugees and the security of their Interest, but were reluctant to supply us the means to effect both mandates, even going as far as thumbing their noses at our predicament on the divergence between both mandates!! But for China in recent times, Kenya would never have been able to mount the Somali Expedition.

Now, they are sitting up and paying attention. And some clapping their hands to own the KDF process in Somalia. No doubt soon we shall see their tame NGO trooping into Jubaland and Shabelle exactly what we have been asking them to do for a decade. And those long-delayed eff-fifteen-ees landing in LAB before too long. And others too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 18:32

comrades! allow me to jump in like a 'twentie para sir'
Well, the news that we are getting bigger feathers and thunder power is much much welcome. Our status as the undisputed regional economic and military power gets even more enhanced. I knew something was cooking when the issue of LAB upgrading 'querry' proped up. Now if we can get our beloved kilo november sierra JASIRI docked, we are set and ready for serious business. son of Nkarei, why does thin tall man seem to be so much favoured by the afore mentioned western powers? Is it because of the treasures next door? does that mean he easily gets intel about the rest of us in the region?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 19:49

gustav wrote:comrades! allow me to jump in like a 'twentie para sir'
son of Nkarei, why does thin tall man seem to be so much favoured by the afore mentioned western powers? Is it because of the treasures next door? does that mean he easily gets intel about the rest of us in the region?

Welcome, Glider. The Tall Thin One is not favored. Sure - darling of western media who fantasize about a lost African Super-race with Caucasian roots. The Treasures next door is all that attracts, plus the guilt-trip he takes the world on every time he opens his mouth. But even that is wearing thin sixteen years after a slaughter which very much was his game-changer plan. You can discount him completely, in Intel and Martial abilities. His Darfur Deployment is really a down-graded GSU-type policing thing which adds no value to his Martial capabilities - Government is still the largest employer in his Country, you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 24 2011, 19:49

@ Kobooz and Jram forget about that Risasi he wants a part in the back in order to feel good. Any thing counter that is an act of treason.
@ those who wish a quick demise of our Su-30 program. well here it goes “a crashed Su30 is still a fighter indeed”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiArXOodo4&feature=related
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Thu Nov 24 2011, 19:55

@ Gustav, is it a new one that is docking ama?
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 05:30

I am new here and I was just wondering, especially to those currently serving. Shouldn't Kenya try to aquire a few gunships like the ac130? or at least anti tank/ anti personell a10-warthog amoured jets? especially with the tank dependent Ethiopians with their expansion ambitions. And from what I've seen on NTVs youtube clips, why aren't some ome of our guys wearing any body amour?

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Nov 25 2011, 10:09

Thanks ice man for the offer. Are you suggesting that we don’t know that those ordinances exist or our we inept to comprehend such a purchase.

1. whats the cost of C-130 cargo version let alone the Gunship model?
2. whats the frequency of using it vise vie it being a Hanger drag Queen?
3. A-10 is an outdated bird. It works well in an intensively supported squadrons.
4. most of the Tanks/amour around are cheap local assembled or Russian China copies which cost a fraction of the ordnance that the above aircraft would normally carry.
5. bull craps of US Congress Before and after you receiving those equipments

Explained in details what we would fight against.
The east African community consist of cheap fighting APCs/tanks.
the 'Al Bashier,' a licensed version of the chinese Type 85M-II tank
http://mic.sd/images/products/wepons/ar/endb/dbalbshir.htm,
the fahad apc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahd_(armored_personnel_carrier),
T-55/62, Buffel APC in short most our neighboring Pieces cost about 0.5- 1million Usd per unit and the most expensive of them all is the T-72 which cost around $2 million http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-72. which is still rare equipment in the field and is fielded by our KDF forces.

Vs
in our arsenal we have the following;
KAF
The AGM-65 Maverick an air-to-ground tactical missile (AGM) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick cost US$160,000 per unit, (F-5 operated),
ARMY AIRBORNE
The BGM-71 TOW http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGM-71_TOW
(MD500 operated) cost USD$50,000,
ARMY land
Swingfire missile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swingfire cost £7000= 10,822.77 USD
Milan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmRfe09g9JM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MILAN cost £12000 = 18,552.33 USD

if a confrontation happens between the above arsenal vs the mention neighboring piece, whose Treasury boxes will be depleted at the end of that confrontation? You can convert then in KsH and get the feel of it thttp://www.xe.com/ucc/. whose the financial losser?

the ideal way is to
improve/upgrade what we have plus buy relatively cheaper china equipment to neutralize the Local assemble and cheaper neighboring ordnance.

example 1.The china ZW-9 armed with China's Red Arrow -8 anti-tank missile (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/254890/chinese_red_arrow_anti_tank_missile/ )

combined with the above high end western arsenal and thats one of the best answer to deal with the prevailing situation.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 19:13

USMC Ice Soldier wrote:I am new here and I was just wondering, especially to those currently serving. Shouldn't Kenya try to aquire a few gunships like the ac130? or at least anti tank/ anti personell a10-warthog amoured jets? especially with the tank dependent Ethiopians with their expansion ambitions. And from what I've seen on NTVs youtube clips, why aren't some ome of our guys wearing any body amour?

@ ICEman, the A10-Warthog is one potent mother that I really don’t want in any hot sector I am deployed in!! It would also be an extreme overkill in anti-tank warfare in this part of the world. Those Ethiopian 400MBT not a matter of grave concern for Kenya Military Strategists – on the contrary we struggle to establish the precise numbers still able to field to battle. Now, if you should ever suffer to witness the AC-130 in full-blown action, from a very safe distance, ‘’ploughing’’ a full-grown treed forest into a ready-to-plant farmland with its 20mm and 30mm cannons, you will never speak of it to any sane man ever again, ICEman!! Sight and sounds from Hell itself.

Kenya has the best Anti-tank Capabilities in the Region. Way beyond present Threat levels.

Body Armour is standard-kit in KDF-deployed. Not sure whose guys you saw on youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 19:30

Risasi....u really must be honoured to be an insider.........i wish i was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 21:52

@ole Nkarei

I can be able to rest easy knowing the guys doing the fighting are wearing body armor because I was worried seeing only men I presumed to be officers actually wearing them. I did have the chance to witness both the warthog and the ac-130 in action during the early days of 'operation Iraqi freedom', both times they were used against personell and I thanked God I was not fighting for the other side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Nov 25 2011, 22:47

With the upsurge of the Arab spring again lots of Arab and islamic countries are concentrating on their own internal issues and cannot have time for Jihadi bulcrap from A.S. This should be a good chance for KDF & Co to plough these goons to smithereens.Idea
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Nov 25 2011, 22:53

and BTW Ali dhere and Dahir Aweys, the propaganda mouthpieces of the A.S have gone quiet in recent times. Could this be a confirmation that they were killed during the missile strike in a Mog suburb recently by KDF?
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Nov 25 2011, 23:23

Ok @Jas and @tom, enough with the gerrymandering on project azania, It is what i am not seen thats making me wet myself; a 2 X Pratt & Whitney F-100s bellied bird burning the tarmac at LAB.... when is this happening?
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26 2011, 14:28

SS Jamuhuri wrote:@ Gustav, is it a new one that is docking ama?
unless you confirm that it's already tethered either @ mtngwe or manda!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26 2011, 14:45

ole Nkarei wrote:
gustav wrote:comrades! allow me to jump in like a 'twentie para sir'
son of Nkarei, why does thin tall man seem to be so much favoured by the afore mentioned western powers? Is it because of the treasures next door? does that mean he easily gets intel about the rest of us in the region?

Welcome, Glider. The Tall Thin One is not favored. Sure - darling of western media who fantasize about a lost African Super-race with Caucasian roots. The Treasures next door is all that attracts, plus the guilt-trip he takes the world on every time he opens his mouth. But even that is wearing thin sixteen years after a slaughter which very much was his game-changer plan. You can discount him completely, in Intel and Martial abilities. His Darfur Deployment is really a down-graded GSU-type policing thing which adds no value to his Martial capabilities - Government is still the largest employer in his Country, you know.

Moran! I cant imagine how you can put a man's deployment where it belongs! equating them with our golf sierra uniform. Anyways no one can underestimate our red berrets. I have kind of lost the little admiration I had of him in terms of bravery. He seems to fear the A.S thing. alot, do you see that he has only if @ all by any measure diplomatically adressed the regional matter @ hand i.e OP linda nchi. Very feeble open support from him if any. I some kind of admiration for his republican guards. Now I see that they are just for regime sustenance. All real men ought to come out openly against the monster we are trying to slay @ the moment. What I meant earlier is, wont his friends form the west feed him with regional intel? Remember how our retired C in C enjoyed this priviledge 'those' days.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 3 Empty Polls to create a separate page for Operation Linda Inchi

Post  Admin Sat Nov 26 2011, 15:09

Hello to all this is the admin
The hot debate on the current on going operation by the KDF, operation Linda Inchi has consumed space at the page meant for the KDF issues.
It has catapulted the current KDF pages to 36 vs 4 pages to other east African forces.
As a the forum moderator and admin I am seeking opinion if I should create a separate dedicate page exclusively for the operation or should I not.
a forum isn,t one without its members , I will therefore conduct a poll/vote to find out if that is the right way forward. Polls will start on Monday at

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com/t24-to-create-a-separate-page-for-operation-linda-inchi#1558

a 70% members cast on the Poll will be a clear and representative oppion from the members. Feel free to campaign for and
against the issue. It is open to both new and old members.

Finally any member who wish to conduct a poll/vote on any subject should feel free to contact me through the admins Email and we shall discus the way forward.

Thank you admin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:09

If Operation Linda Inchi successfully crashes the Al Shabaab insurgency both inside and outside of Kenya, and successfully creates a buffer zone to greater Somalia, what would be the short term and long term effects of this venture?

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:09

@ admin, i think the page would be best created after the operation so as to ensure mission secrecy.. a page dedicated to the op would be best then coz we could all analyze the mission extensively..
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:27

SS Jamuhuri wrote:@ admin, i think the page would be best created after the operation so as to ensure mission secrecy.. a page dedicated to the op would be best then coz we could all analyze the mission extensively..

I absolutely agree with SS Jamuhuri. Presently this level of discussion is alright. THIS IS NOT THE freewheeling Kenyan MEDIA, after all. It is a Martial Blog, no? There will be plenty of time to put some meat to this thing when the Linda Inchi closes. Safest for all of us to stay on generalities and intelligent suppositions as is presently the case. Ama?

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 27 2011, 12:07

Thanks for the reply SS Jamuhuri and Ole Nkarei, I always want to be impartial, as admin, on matters pertaining sensitive discussion by members. But Allow me to explain some of the advantages of a separate title for the operation. if a title was created what you throw in would be purely from you ,the members as it is now. Therefore the matter of secrecy will lay on the members posting. There advantages of havening a title on it.

1. the operation will attain a natural time line of events and at the end of the mission you can reflect back at it and debate more on what should or shouldn’t have been done in the operation.
2. when operation Linda Inchi has a dedicated title it will increase the numbers of newbie’s to the site., newbie’s searching for information about the ops will get directed here as it is listed as a website title. new members = new ideas

take time to contemplate and think about it , but finally please do vote whichever way you choose to. Voting ends on Friday this week an what ever the out come lets stick to it as it is.
Admin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Sun Nov 27 2011, 15:06

Hey guys is this video true?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XhtOyjFCGm0

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Sun Nov 27 2011, 17:48

one man army wrote:Hey guys is this video true?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XhtOyjFCGm0

Not sure whether to respond to the naïveté or the video in question. Al shabaab's currency is fear and as the noose tightens around their necks there has been a flurry of videos to shore up their failing regime. The stranglehold they had on Somalia has been threatened for the first time with the entry of Kenya into their territory because their bedfellows are in Kenya and their business interests in Kenya are now under threat too.

AMISOM has struggled to contain the Al shabaab and I am certain they suffered casualties at the battle in question but I am sure they did not loose 101 soldiers as the Al Shabaab claim nor did they loose less than 10 soldiers as the Burundians claim. Neither one of the two sides will tell us the truth and as this is war, they are not expected to.

There are very many Somali refugees & people of Somali origin living in foreign countries that support the bloodbath in the same country they ran away from and alarmingly many are deluded to the extent they will go back to Somalia to aid the extremists.

Sharing a border with Somalia is the greatest misfortune for Kenya. The international community has done very little to ressolve this issue and this is perhaps one of the appropriate times to call for a wall; a wall of truth to counter Islam and it's propaganda, a wall of soldiers to secure our border and an actual wall to keep the refugees and all militants out.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Nov 28 2011, 08:30

@admin polling in progress……..
@ Kim Thanks. all that 2 bit cents is day at the office for us. The force has to weight out decisions before committing tax payer’s cash. The A-10 thunderbolt is a good tank killer but it only so when total air supremacy is attained. To be a good ground attack aircraft, the aircraft has to be relatively slow and that isn’t a good trait when we flip the coin and it’s being chased or chasing another aircraft. The A-10 also got to that standard after it under went modernizations and upgrading, but it’s still a very much pre Vietnam era aircraft which flies on the “stick and rudder” principle. but all in all as Nkarei & USMC Ice Solider said you don,t want to be at the receiving end of its GAU08 gun barrel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp49fZbrHVM&feature=related .

At KAF we always strive to maximize a lot from past expiries, compatibility of new equipments with old ones (during purchase) and the running cost of the unit at peace and war times.
For instance our Cats can be configured to air to ground attack role and back to air to air role in minutes. When its air to ground it will carry a load worth of 2ton in both fuel and ground attack munitions plus 2 heat seeking missiles for self defense. The same aircraft upon landing is config back to a fighter mode and handed over to another set of pilots as a scrambler, escort or intercept aircraft with six missile for air to air combat. that for the E series.
The F series can have it both ways at a go. It can be mounted with mixed arsenal for ground and air missions all at the same time, one pilot manning the air to air station and the other the air to ground station. It can also be used for deep mission penetration, where the two pilots can relive each in that long hour flight and provide moral and intellect support at critical times away from base.
During Peace time the F series takes the role as trainer for new pilots ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeP6b7PnRZU
), for the Cat squadrons. it is also used to assess pilots by more experienced pilots than them in aircraft handling for required standards. Training in the cockpit is continuous and periodically until the last day when you hang those wings.

During ceremonial time both aircrafts are used as aerobatics display at a pocket friendly fuel consumption units.

all the conversion are done with basic tools, same manpower at standing heights in ordinary hangers. The Cats have seen better day and replacements are coming, but we will squeeze out as much as possible from them until the last cent from the taxpayer that bought them is utilized.
@blog there has been IED explosions on troops going to the front, its regrettably sad to loss friend and colleges but that all about the modern warfare and modern guerrilla fights. That will not deter then mission to wipe out the AS forces
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Mon Nov 28 2011, 12:37

@ one man army and Mekatilil they is a lot of propaganda info. Streaming in from AS supported and sympathizing sites. We just have to live with it and separate factious writings from facts. Recently they wanted to air alive be heading of the KDF soldiers , Senior Sergeant Kangogo and Corporal Mutoro. Relevant authorities are dealing with the matter diplomatically and we hope to secure a peaceful realize of the duo.
Sepratly @ Nkarei, Risasi which side are you voting for?
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Nov 28 2011, 13:14

Actually Mjeshi I am in for what ever way the blog goes . cause its up to the civilians as they are on the receiving end.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28 2011, 20:25

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:Senior Sergeant Kangogo and Corporal Mutoro.

I expect this might come out sounding a bit callous, but these are the realities of Combat against irregulars such as AS. But one can never be adequately prepared to lose any men no matter. However, for these two KDF NCOs, there are hundreds of their Politico Brass and families right here in Kenya, in the open, exposed, vulnerable, easy picking for already formed Black Drapes teams. And just as big a number in all of Juba, both Gedo, both Mudug. Al-Shabaab knows this just too well, it is Al-shabaab's call how this plays out. They harm those two boys.....
Sepratly @ Nkarei, Risasi which side are you voting for?

I will ride with Risasi on this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 28 2011, 22:55

@ole Nkarei & risasi The polls have a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it soliders the two of you are the brain child of this website
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next