THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
MOOZALENDO
mambotupu
mJESHI mMOJA
Nesta
mashaa
Fabrizio
mwepesi
Batian
mekatilili
Analyst
Ned Starks Head
Al Bashir
UncleBoni
one man army
tempest
Kobooz
mbs
Interloper
timoh
Flying Crane
Risasi
MWAURA
vince
Olekoima
livefire
Ole Sidai
Sierra Kilo
jasiri
kimiti
Spartan
cylon
countersniper
Mbaine
areba
38 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Ole Sidai Sun Mar 18 2012, 06:19

KiB'z wrote:I can more than assure you cyclon .. that "camp simba is a fully-fledged american kitty, nothing to get jittery about but obviously something to watch for .. so is wajir, mind you at a much bigger scale .. believe me or not that ain't a Kenyana thing .. I must be naive to believe sammy will do such a project without cashing in. Am blogging outta ma local pub in kibich .. kibera .. so I will blog more later when i get home .. gotta drive back to base .. 5TH outta gilgil

I echo the words of Ole Nkerai in that the presence of "seebees" does not in anyway lead to political, military or economical patronage either now or kenyana. Historically, we had their type before at various stages and places. "Mutunyi"...obstacle trg, water holes and other stuff were done and handed over.

Guys at Manda (camp lion) have been there on and off since 1989. The water de-salination plants and many other stuff are to their credit. Like ON said, the intellect and focus by kdf officers is a class! If you research the conception and birth of Manda base especially by Rauf Rauf, he expanded space/land with a view for bigger Tri-service base to serve the region in all aspects. Though fellow Bayunis complained of land grabbing and more, we leap the benefits now. These planners had Lamu set for what is going on now and quite correctly future sammy influence was discussed at all levels…..I remember that as kanda ya mkono! It don’t gonna happen! KE de-yorked itself from these guys since Moi and baba jimmy accelerated it. I doubt future leaders will be interested in pandering. KDF and NSIS will not go that route. Build and transfer, equipment purchase and transfer, Joint training and information sharing is the way forward. Permanent base {AFRICON)will NOT. Yes sammy and jonny are worried of kdf capabilities but they got no choice. We can build our own thingira now! Attempts to sabotage progress have been there at various levels especially before troops closed the bounder with NO SUCCESS. Actually sammy is more on our side right now whereas jonny is worried! Kdf is doing what sammy would have wished to do but is incapable.

Obama deployed “training team” in UG to avoid congress scrutiny. Whatever they do on the ground is “whatever”…..clever chap!

@Cylon, Wajir FOB could still handle C-130s even before ongoing expansion.....2 runways of 4.8 miles......thousands of C-130 have been landing there dropping relieve food supplies and stuff. Reason for expansion is to handle new Risasi ride and night capabilities/tactical. Aslo with LAPSET,Wajir is major transit point and such airport is necessary.
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Mar 18 2012, 09:32

@adama…fix wing combat not rotary.Very Happy
@KiBz….are you from the 5th ? spell it out in few words; what part of KEnyan manda wajir triangle is unclear to you and I believe ON will divulge on it.
Separate Note
Its now mandatory for all aircraft flying in from Somalia to land at wajir for “inspection” before proceeding further on…..to echo Ole Sidai ; wajir went 3800 meters in the early 90’s when it was incorporated as a strategic KDF-AF FoB . the expansions back in the 90’s include accommodating widebodies takeoff and landing requirements, at that time the KQ Airbus A310-304.
Gunship
Mi-28 is a direct rival in competence and ability to the AH-64. it address all the short falls of the Mi-24/35. 16 of the most advance Gunship today, expresses a desire to engulf and man a large battlefield than the current perceived threat .

gunship will move from the close support role to replace MBT in the further battlefield according to some Global Military analyst survey.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Lockheed Martin subsidiary PAE Government Services Manda Bay-Camp Simba Contracts end in March

Post  Analyst Sun Mar 18 2012, 09:41

cylon wrote:
KiB'z wrote:I can more than assure you cyclon .. that "camp simba is a fully-fledged american kitty, nothing to get jittery about but obviously something to watch for .. so is wajir, mind you at a much bigger scale .. believe me or not that ain't a Kenyana thing .. I must be naive to believe sammy will do such a project without cashing in. Am blogging outta ma local pub in kibich .. kibera .. so I will blog more later when i get home .. gotta drive back to base .. 5TH outta gilgil

Wajir is fully for kenyana in the future but they are expanding it so it can accommodate ac-130 gunships and the globemasters to hunt out rebels in the Ogden region in Ethiopia second wajir is gonna become even more important once lamu. But nakeri clarify what is the tru purpose of wajir expansion?

Cyclon....

Great oversight on that critical issue...but the guys you saw at Manda Bay and Camp Simba, besides Wajir Airbase (SeaBees) are Lockheed Martin subsidiary PAE Government Services.

In Wajir, SeeBees are doing an expansion following a design provided by Lockheed Martin subsidiary PAE Government Services (NB: Lockheed Martin repute is in design and manufacture of the F-series fighter aircrafts...as such we can argue the purpose of PAE Government Services is related to something like flying...etc)

Here are the contracts awarded to Lockheed Martin subsidiary PAE Government Services

Contracts & Key Events

Lockheed Martin subsidiary PAE Government Services is based in Los Angeles, CA.

March 30/11: PAE Government Services, Inc. in Arlington, VA receives an $87.6 million cost-plus-award fee, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity contract modification, exercising option year 4. The total base operations contract amount after exercise of this option will be $379.2 million.

It covers base operating support services at Camp Lemonnier and forwarding operating locations, incl. Camp Simba in Manda Bay, Kenya. PAE will handle general management and administration services; public safety (harbor security, security operations and emergency management program); ordnance; air operations (airfield facilities and passenger terminal and cargo handling); supply; morale, welfare and recreation; galley; housing (bachelor quarters and laundry); facility support (facilities investment, janitorial, pest control services and refuse services); utilities (water, waste water and electrical); base support vehicle and equipment; and environmental.

Work will be performed in Djibouti, Manda Bay, and elsewhere in Kenya (of course Wajir), and is expected to be complete by March 2012. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year, on Sept 30/11. US NAVFAC Europe Africa Southwest Asia in Naples, Italy manages the contract (N33191-07-D-0207).

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty US Politik and Economy

Post  Analyst Sun Mar 18 2012, 10:25

[quote="efrommers"]
@ analyst I think you have made a very crucial point in your analysis. Question, How were the US able to create a gulf between their politics and its effects on their giant economy? I know it may be out of scope for us to understand but we need such a practical scenario working in Kenya by making politics less lucrative!! but how? Such volatile politics may be dangerous and unhealthy for a still growing and vibrant economy. Such "perfect politics" would be the reason that has cost our southern neighbor to move @ snails pace economically and with themselves being militant immediately when the Kenyan monetary integration comes to view and are always on the defensive. I can also tell you since Jomo's Death we had been slowly settling into such type of "perfect" politics and party manifestos" during chama ndio baba na mama era.

My Opening note will be an apology for breaking my vow not to provide political insight in defense issues, 'MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES BUDDIES!"

In regard to Efrommers question above, i will mention Kibaki and what he has been trying to do leading to instances of subversive activity by Johnny and Sammy. When Kibaki lauded Vision 2030, he was sincere and objective about doing what the US did in 1800....engage the interaction between economics (regional economic integration & strategy besides relate military conflicts to economic progress. However, there has been resistant to such efforts besides subversion to ensure the intended growth and development is stalled or at-least remain un-achievable. Intelligence machinery has since then created conditions rife with effects that have the region towing the line. Kenya has achieved deterrent capability.

The United States used the above doctrine. Kibaki has rallied the economy besides amassing a great army (KDF is not just an army...the level of expertise, discipline, capability to resolve conflict, and great battle planning is not available in many armies...check how Russia was clobbered by Chechen's, and how US Army is being embarrassed in Afghan).

How the policy worked and What Kibaki wants
The US has always ensured wealth creation 'rate' is parrallel' to military capability development rate. As such wealth is usually needed to underpin military power and military power is usually needed to acquire and protect wealth. But if too much money is diverted towards military expenditures or if the state over extends itself by too many conquests, the results will not be satisfactory. There is a very significant correlation over the longer term between productive and revenue-raising capacities and military strength all which are achieved if policy and administration is effectively administered.

Result's of this strategy
Kibaki regime economic scores are superb and now that neighbors and far away friends feel that Nairobi has created a zone of peace and stability hence an environment robust with opportunity. With a good army and economy, Kenya is a choice of many investors and we will see an economic bubble that will remain just a bubble if the next political leadership is 'STUPID' per-se.....hence the bubble won't burst.

If the next Kenyan leadership is equal and more unified unlike Kibaki's (lack of unity and too many politik), the bubble will burst and earning 100,000.00 as a Lance corporal will be a reality.
The infrastructure, good internal/homeland security, and an army no one can conquer will court investors 'en-masse' and those with relevant qualifications will be poached by investors who will invest in production, manufacturing, consulting...etc in Kenya...'The lifestyle of the Kenyan's will significantly change and we will have a large and quite lavish middle class.....and that way.....ethno-political threats will be wiped out..N.B. The middle class has great influence on ethno politics since they directly relate with the poor who are more vulnerable to violence...a large middle class means minimal political influence on the population.

The economic bubble burst in the US came through since US and even some European countries entered into a symbiotic relationship with the market economy, providing domestic order and a non-arbitrary legal system. In return, they received taxes. To safe gaurd these new economic pillars and relationships (in Kibaki's scenario....Ethiopia, Southern Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda...) the development of long-range armed sailing ships heralded a fundamental advance in Europe’s place in the world hence more people ventured into business and all manner of trade and a spiral bubble of wealth and prosperity became a reality. These vessels enabled the west to control the important sea trade routes in what today they call defense shields. There was also an upward spiral in knowledge in science and technology, based on observation and experimentation and in Kibaki's scenario....if all people go to school and acquire great skills, then Kenya will be abundant with knowledge....that's why we have free primary education and hopefully high school).

The US in the 1800-1900 gradually sought full financial and geopolitical muscle. Their military establishments became more sophisticated, hence the need to create financial institutions which could raise and manage the nations capital. The capacity to maintain credit worthiness and mobilize supplies became very important......

So can you fill in the gap and see how many years we are away from the US?.....2 GODDAMN CENTURIES.....but the old man has shaped the strategy and narrowed it to mere 30-years....

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Countersniper

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Mar 18 2012, 11:27

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1368542/-/item/3/-/9mciwqz/-/index.html Now this is a bit depressing! Just the other day, sukari worth millions in Garissa, from from where? Kismayu of course.

Hi mambo ya polisi needs to be sorted out...some internal failings are riskier than the actual enemy we are working against!

Evil or Very Mad

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Ethiopian Strike into Eritrea - is it really believable that no one had advance notifications?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 13:57

First of all, we have a decades-old defense pact of sort with Ethiopia – ‘’if my house is burning, come help without being called’’. How did Ethiopia so successfully Mobilize for War with Eritrea despite being cut off from the Port of Asmara? Ati eh!! It would be inconceivable that one partner launches without prior discussions with the other partner a military adventure that may suck in their partner in protracted Armed Conflict – Objective, Parameters, Duration, etc. That the Old Man, and M7 I suspect, was in the know about this strike should not be in any doubts!!

Second, it is equally inconceivable that any of the players with strategic interest in the success of AMISOM would jeopardise AMISOM as currently projected. Therefore, to avoid a convergence of AS resistance to AMISOM with possible Eritrean military indignations, Meles must not make the Ethiopian Strike in Eritrea while still engaged in Somalia with AMISOM. So – disengagement from Somalia announcement before the Strike. Absolutely nothing to do with ‘’ Ethiopian fear of waging a two-front war’’ as some ignorant ‘’investigative’ journalists are posing in their hallowed columns.

Thirdly, for the same justification that Terrorism and Destabilization from rebel group across borders, endangering the Economic stability of Kenya, launched OLN, so was Ethiopian Strike into Eritrea. There was really no alternative.

Fourthly, for critical purpose of damage limitation and canvassing for acceptance, Meles needed to have someone else on this too. See how little fall-out has resulted? Sends a clear message that IGAD is not a talking shop any longer - heard Bashir openly gripping juzi tuu about being sidelined in IGAD?

These and other such considerations are what informs Eritrean decision ‘’not to react to Ethiopian invasion..’’. It does help when States form an unbroken line in dealing with security issues arising from rogue states like Eritrea.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Monsters of War!!

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 14:19

Attended live action full battlefield simulations of these monsters juzi up north, and I tell you these things should be outlawed from modern warfare! Simply put there as just Airborne MBT's without the wheeled trucks and long-gun. Two squadrons of mix of Mi28/Ka-50s pack-hunting / free-ranging along a virtual line across the GoSS (of course with Risasi riding herd above them) can effectively shut down all southward aggressor-movements below Juba - uniformed, wheeled, camouflaged!! Only safe place for you buddy, if you should hear their approach 'whoop-whoop-whoop'' thunder, is out in the open ground, dressed in a very white shirt, standing straight up with your hands on your side!! Even then it might be too late for you, by gawd!! Eeeeish bana!!

Tis not war on AS that we envisage, gentlemen!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Mar 18 2012, 15:13

ole Nkarei wrote:These and other such considerations are what informs Eritrean decision ‘’not to react to Ethiopian invasion..’’. It does help when States form an unbroken line in dealing with security issues arising from rogue states like Eritrea.

Totally in agreement. Right now it sucks to be Isaias Aferwerki, with their proxy baby Al Shabaab on the back-foot as a result of the shellacking from all directions and their every plot being unearthed by Ethiopia. But don't expect Eritrea to stop using their proxies.

Just wish the Ethiopians had finished the job in 1998.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 15:39

@Spartan - you didn't answer me juzi - you don't have to if you cannot due to Protocols.

There is a strong whiff of determined Movement-in-force towards your Northern Border. Too strong to be reactive to the recent boundary maneno with GoSS. What gives, man? Another a' la Meles?

A monosyllable would do fine too!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Sun Mar 18 2012, 15:50

Totally in agreement. Right now it sucks to be Isaias Aferwerki, with their proxy baby Al Shabaab on the back-foot as a result of the shellacking from all directions and their every plot being unearthed by Ethiopia. But don't expect Eritrea to stop using their proxies.

Just wish the Ethiopians had finished the job in 1998.[/quote]

That is ONE MISTAKE Meles regrets day and night! It is the nightmare that will chase him into the next world. He fell into the trap of peace in May 2000 and halted troops advance to Asmara. At that point,Meles troops were at Mendefera(41km from Asmara.),Karen(main army base was gone...65km to Asmara),Senafe,Adikey,Assab and Massawa were scrap metals and Asmara itself was nothing from air raids! BTW,Zambian aircraft was hit on the runway delivering arms....think of it. With all that supriority in all aspects,Meles fell into the trap of peace(probably to save his cousin). All unmee milobs believed stopping the way at that point was reminscent of Bush senior and Saddam. Isaias knows what he went through and how he slipped off the hook! He knows any start of hostilities will not only be punitive but can tilt internal power struggle thereby ending his police state mentality. My 2 cents.
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sun Mar 18 2012, 16:04

@ON some of your officemates are tripling canny…why did they have to wait till a neighbor has a 10year $740 million (USH1.8 trillion) bill for hanger queens that pitch 30% of his perceived treats to unleash those Nightmares? its like going for a date dressed in smart tuxedo and dirty under garment . what happens when the date says lets go to the room try to make babies asp…… What a Face What a Face What a Face

@Risasi what have you guys decide chuma will belong to AF or ArmyCALV.. plus all along you kept us spoofed that it was the Mi35 that was comming what happened changed of plans?
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 16:29

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@ON some of your officemates are tripling canny…why did they have to wait till a neighbor has a 10year $740 million (USH1.8 trillion) bill for hanger queens that pitch 30% of his perceived treats to unleash those Nightmares? its like going for a date dressed in smart tuxedo and dirty under garment . what happens when the date says lets go to the room try to make babies asp…… What a Face What a Face :face:

@Risasi what have you guys decide chuma will belong to AF or ArmyCALV.. plus all along you kept us spoofed that it was the Mi35 that was comming what happened changed of plans?

@Mjeshi - I tell you buddy, the only thing I understood was ''go to the room try to make babies asap''. Break this down kidogo for me, and I will try to give response.

As concerns the Airborne Tanks - one, this is Aircalv-designated. Might change as KDF continues to redefine functions and abilities within it. Various permutations being considered quite seriously.

As to why it was indicated earlier to be Mi35 and now is M-28, hell, you are a soldier - have you forgotten how hostile the Military Procurement environment KDF has been forced to operate under in the past 10 years? MV Faina now a distant memory? Cut us some slack, mate!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sun Mar 18 2012, 16:44

[quote="Analyst"]
efrommers wrote:
@ analyst I think you have made a very crucial point in your analysis. Question, How were the US able to create a gulf between their politics and its effects on their giant economy? I know it may be out of scope for us to understand but we need such a practical scenario working in Kenya by making politics less lucrative!! but how? Such volatile politics may be dangerous and unhealthy for a still growing and vibrant economy. Such "perfect politics" would be the reason that has cost our southern neighbor to move @ snails pace economically and with themselves being militant immediately when the Kenyan monetary integration comes to view and are always on the defensive. I can also tell you since Jomo's Death we had been slowly settling into such type of "perfect" politics and party manifestos" during chama ndio baba na mama era.

My Opening note will be an apology for breaking my vow not to provide political insight in defense issues, 'MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES BUDDIES!"

In regard to Efrommers question above, i will mention Kibaki and what he has been trying to do leading to instances of subversive activity by Johnny and Sammy. When Kibaki lauded Vision 2030, he was sincere and objective about doing what the US did in 1800....engage the interaction between economics (regional economic integration & strategy besides relate military conflicts to economic progress. However, there has been resistant to such efforts besides subversion to ensure the intended growth and development is stalled or at-least remain un-achievable. Intelligence machinery has since then created conditions rife with effects that have the region towing the line. Kenya has achieved deterrent capability.

The United States used the above doctrine. Kibaki has rallied the economy besides amassing a great army (KDF is not just an army...the level of expertise, discipline, capability to resolve conflict, and great battle planning is not available in many armies...check how Russia was clobbered by Chechen's, and how US Army is being embarrassed in Afghan).

How the policy worked and What Kibaki wants
The US has always ensured wealth creation 'rate' is parrallel' to military capability development rate. As such wealth is usually needed to underpin military power and military power is usually needed to acquire and protect wealth. But if too much money is diverted towards military expenditures or if the state over extends itself by too many conquests, the results will not be satisfactory. There is a very significant correlation over the longer term between productive and revenue-raising capacities and military strength all which are achieved if policy and administration is effectively administered.

Result's of this strategy
Kibaki regime economic scores are superb and now that neighbors and far away friends feel that Nairobi has created a zone of peace and stability hence an environment robust with opportunity. With a good army and economy, Kenya is a choice of many investors and we will see an economic bubble that will remain just a bubble if the next political leadership is 'STUPID' per-se.....hence the bubble won't burst.

If the next Kenyan leadership is equal and more unified unlike Kibaki's (lack of unity and too many politik), the bubble will burst and earning 100,000.00 as a Lance corporal will be a reality.
The infrastructure, good internal/homeland security, and an army no one can conquer will court investors 'en-masse' and those with relevant qualifications will be poached by investors who will invest in production, manufacturing, consulting...etc in Kenya...'The lifestyle of the Kenyan's will significantly change and we will have a large and quite lavish middle class.....and that way.....ethno-political threats will be wiped out..N.B. The middle class has great influence on ethno politics since they directly relate with the poor who are more vulnerable to violence...a large middle class means minimal political influence on the population.

The economic bubble burst in the US came through since US and even some European countries entered into a symbiotic relationship with the market economy, providing domestic order and a non-arbitrary legal system. In return, they received taxes. To safe gaurd these new economic pillars and relationships (in Kibaki's scenario....Ethiopia, Southern Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda...) the development of long-range armed sailing ships heralded a fundamental advance in Europe’s place in the world hence more people ventured into business and all manner of trade and a spiral bubble of wealth and prosperity became a reality. These vessels enabled the west to control the important sea trade routes in what today they call defense shields. There was also an upward spiral in knowledge in science and technology, based on observation and experimentation and in Kibaki's scenario....if all people go to school and acquire great skills, then Kenya will be abundant with knowledge....that's why we have free primary education and hopefully high school).

The US in the 1800-1900 gradually sought full financial and geopolitical muscle. Their military establishments became more sophisticated, hence the need to create financial institutions which could raise and manage the nations capital. The capacity to maintain credit worthiness and mobilize supplies became very important......

So can you fill in the gap and see how many years we are away from the US?.....2 GODDAMN CENTURIES.....but the old man has shaped the strategy and narrowed it to mere 30-years....

@analyst, this a great commentary you have coined and your co-relation between Defence and politics is good, @least we have a mirror we can adapt to. With regards to politics, we do not want it to have a trump card against the stability of this nation economically or otherwise. In our neighboring countries, the politics are skewed and there is too much interference from johnny and Sammy all in the name of looking for 'political solutions". We hope Kenya can enjoy what it is enjoying currently till the end
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Ned Starks Head Sun Mar 18 2012, 16:49

Here is an old but interesting article on the lion camp.
Some of the authors views are a little naive or just plain diversionary- i.e. Sammy not interested African natural resources - but never the less an interesting read. It shows how far back Sammy has been in country.

http://www.esquire.com/features/africacommand0707

@OLN I wonder if there will be a switcheroo with regards to the eagles Wink ala the Mi-35.

@Adama - I was just gently poking to see if you were still around
Ned Starks Head
Ned Starks Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sun Mar 18 2012, 17:25

ole Nkarei wrote:
mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@ON some of your officemates are tripling canny…why did they have to wait till a neighbor has a 10year $740 million (USH1.8 trillion) bill for hanger queens that pitch 30% of his perceived treats to unleash those Nightmares? its like going for a date dressed in smart tuxedo and dirty under garment . what happens when the date says lets go to the room try to make babies asp…… What a Face What a Face :face:

@Mjeshi - I tell you buddy, the only thing I understood was ''go to the room try to make babies asap''. Break this down kidogo for me, and I will try to give response.

As concerns the Airborne Tanks - one, this is Aircalv-designated. Might change as KDF continues to redefine functions and abilities within it. Various permutations being considered quite seriously.

As to why it was indicated earlier to be Mi35 and now is M-28, hell, you are a soldier - have you forgotten how hostile the Military Procurement environment KDF has been forced to operate under in the past 10 years? MV Faina now a distant memory? Cut us some slack, mate!!

With these killer birds, need I any boeing apaches? 50acb will be a coveted place by makoboo

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 19:47

Ned Starks Head wrote:Here is an old but interesting article on the lion camp.
Some of the authors views are a little naive or just plain diversionary- i.e. Sammy not interested African natural resources - but never the less an interesting read. It shows how far back Sammy has been in country.
ransport

@OLN I wonder if there will be a switcheroo with regards to the eagles Wink ala the Mi-35.

Interesting fiction that I reckon would appeal greatly to his captive audience in America - it hasn't changed much since they first came to give religion and save the heathen ungodly Africans savages from themselves seven hundred years ago. Those of us who know well that Manda Base vouch that this is building fiction on a pinch of fact.

Mi-35 is one of the export versions of the Mi-24, which is really a definitive Gunship with integrated secondary transport capability - insertions of about 8-10 Combat Troopers and Battlefield Medivac. Armed and Armoured to its teeth. But tactical deployment of Helicopters has evolved philosophy requiring some degree of tactical specialization - transport, attack or gunship. Then usage / deployment is optimized for maximum effect. In KDF AirCalv going forth, the MD500 gradually cedes Gunship role and configuration and reverts to Recon, Command & Control configuration . Small SpecOps insertions/ extractions and their tactical support too. Therefore the need for an advanced tactical attack Helio the Mi-28 and ka-50.

So, about them Eagles? Hakuna a' la whatever. Thing is done!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Mar 18 2012, 20:17

ole Nkarei wrote:

Mjeshi almost lost me there too, bro. But couldn't miss the hostile intent with that rather explicit example. Like it or not, those birds will be in the air soon with Black East Africans in the cockpits. The SU-30 is a modification of the SU-27, which both the Ethiopians and Eritreans have had for decades. If Eritrea, as backward and poor as it is can operate them, what about us? Training of fresh boys begun in 2007, they've since been to Israel and Russia. They will 'grow' in them. But you can continue with your denial, it works for us. All older pilots like Risasi will soon be out of a job this side of the border.

@ole Nkarei, the only movement in that area is routine, and I think I answered this two days ago. I said then that we are the adults here and we owe it to the region and the world to behave as such, much like Kenya exercised restraint at Busia in 1990.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:22

ole Nkarei wrote:
Attended live action full battlefield simulations of these monsters juzi up north, and I tell you these things should be outlawed from modern warfare! Simply put there as just Airborne MBT's without the wheeled trucks and long-gun. Two squadrons of mix of Mi28/Ka-50s pack-hunting / free-ranging along a virtual line across the GoSS (of course with Risasi riding herd above them) can effectively shut down all southward aggressor-movements below Juba - uniformed, wheeled, camouflaged!! Only safe place for you buddy, if you should hear their approach 'whoop-whoop-whoop'' thunder, is out in the open ground, dressed in a very white shirt, standing straight up with your hands on your side!! Even then it might be too late for you, by gawd!! Eeeeish bana!!

Sound like Fun sir i would love to watch those things in action. After that performance the field must been ablaze with fire. lol
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Kony 2012 video man goes baserk,strips naked in street.

Post  countersniper Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:36

The guy behind kony 2012 video goes crazy and strips naked in the streets.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4201340/Kony-mans-naked-meltdown-in-street.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:38

ole Nkarei wrote:
Ned Starks Head wrote:Here is an old but interesting article on the lion camp.
ransport

Interesting fiction that I reckon would appeal greatly to his captive audience in America - it hasn't changed much since they first came to give religion and save the heathen ungodly Africans savages from themselves seven hundred years ago. Those of us who know well that Manda Base vouch that this is building fiction on a pinch of fact.

Mi-35 is one of the export versions of the Mi-24, which is really a definitive Gunship with integrated secondary transport capability - insertions of about 8-10 Combat Troopers and Battlefield Medivac. Armed and Armoured to its teeth. But tactical deployment of Helicopters has evolved philosophy requiring some degree of tactical specialization - transport, attack or gunship. Then usage / deployment is optimized for maximum effect. In KDF AirCalv going forth, the MD500 gradually cedes Gunship role and configuration and reverts to Recon, Command & Control configuration . Small SpecOps insertions/ extractions and their tactical support too. Therefore the need for an advanced tactical attack Helio the Mi-28 and ka-50.

So, about them Eagles? Hakuna a' la whatever. Thing is done!

What do you mean sir you mean they are not landing in kenya, Or the Subject on the eagles is done. Well if the eagles are not landing in kenya i have some a few replacement that would work wonderfully in our airspace.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 22:36

cylon wrote:

What do you mean sir you mean they are not landing in kenya, Or the Subject on the eagles is done. Well if the eagles are not landing in kenya i have some a few replacement that would work wonderfully in our airspace.

Take it easy Cylon. Kenyans are one skeptic lot - even Jesus will have to produce his ID Card in Kenya to raise a following!! Eiiish!! You see, unlike with the Sukhois, an entirely different statement to make with them Eagles.

Hey, no more 'sir' stuff, just use my call-sign. Tafadhali.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty This machine looks deadly

Post  countersniper Sun Mar 18 2012, 22:56

http://www.china-daily.org/Mil-News/Russian-first-team-m-28N-attack-helicopter-squadron-already-have-operational-capability/
Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Russian-first-team-m-28N-attack-helicopter-squadron-already-have-operational-capability
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Mar 19 2012, 01:28

ole Nkarei wrote:
cylon wrote:

Take it easy Cylon. Kenyans are one skeptic lot - even Jesus will have to produce his ID Card in Kenya to raise a following!! Eiiish!! You see, unlike with the Sukhois, an entirely different statement to make with them Eagles.

Hey, no more 'sir' stuff, just use my call-sign. Tafadhali

Hahaha you couldnt have said it better, Just trying to respect the rank,but i will use the call sign from now on.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty kenyan Navy

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19 2012, 05:24

What is the status of the Kenyan Navy? I have always asked myself that question we rarely get to see photos of them unless its the two ships Umoja and Nyayo so i found these pics online of the other fantastic vessels.
The shupavu class ships in italy old photos images where taken in 1997. What do they do now in KDF-Navy
Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Shupavu

KNS SHUPAVU

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Shujaa

KNS SHUJAA

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Umoja

KNS UMOJA

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 24d4z210

KNS NYAYO

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 246510
KNS HARAMBEE II ( status of the ship anybody)

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 5fa68f38d5d127189898f8a037ebf1aa

KNS MAMBA( Condition of the ships)

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty NEW MBTs??

Post  MWAURA Mon Mar 19 2012, 10:43

ole Nkarei wrote:

I'm sure you've heard some experts say the MBT is now as dead as the battleship thanks to improved gunships;IMHO that day is still far. The Russians who learned the hard way are developing an iteration of the T-95:
There
are no alternatives to tanks at the present time, experts say,
debunking the assertion by the skeptics about the imminent replacement
of tanks by more sophisticated and advanced weapons. The latest
conflicts, including the coalition operation in Iraq have confirmed the
indispensability of tanks in modern-day war. Tanks played a major role
during the conflict in the Caucasus, especially in South Ossetia.
Experts say that tanks have been and will remain the main striking
force in any large scale land warfare.

http://www.asian-defence.net/2011/05/russian-army-to-get-new-generation.html
Given the speed and urgency of KDF upgrades is there any replacement of the T 72 within the next 5 years?IDK this is a premature question.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Mar 19 2012, 11:41

ole Nkarei wrote:
cylon wrote:

Hey, no more 'sir' stuff, just use my call-sign. Tafadhali.

@ Cyclon has really maintained a vicious anti ffifteens campaign eh, i don't know what he has against then or what he has towards his choice sell the fsixteens! Talk of skeptics I agree kenyan's are top on the chart. Can you imagine how the Lamu thing, the successful OLN etc should have excited us?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Kenya Air-force Jets 'a must'..

Post  Analyst Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:21

Either we go West or East, the current upgrades within the major wings of KDF point out a major turning point in our defense capability.

One of the easiest way to defile our current assets by an aggressor would be through air whereby our main threats would come from

Uganda which has latest Sukhoi Su-30MK2 (6pcs- 5 in operation...).

Ethiopia a heap of Suhoi's and a good fleet of Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21's......

Sudan a heap of Suhoi's and a good fleet of Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21's........

The region is not at war and we are not anticipating our sovereignty to be defiled by either of these neighbors, rather putting measures to fend off such an eventuality effectively.

Looking at current defense expenditure, latest military acquisitions, besides the economic value of Kenya to East and Central Africa, Nairobi needs very advanced air defenses and a very capable air defense force. The considerations made by military intelligence are based on this strategic significance of Kenya besides her resources and economic largese against these neighbors and other possible aggressors.

What we have to do is patiently wait for the right time since these jets will eventually turn up in our skies and most likely do a flypast by June 1st 2012.....Kibaki won't exit without showing off what he has done to ensure we are well defended....

Who thought we could have Kamov-50, Mil-Mi-28s? and those MRAP's?......you dont see every other African army sporting these equipment. F-16's or F-15 are on the offing....Ole-Nkarei is sure of what choice they made between the two...unless we are going East like Ethiopia did after Sammy refused to service her F-5's.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:49

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Mjeshi almost lost me there too, bro. But couldn't miss the hostile intent with that rather explicit example. Like it or not, those birds will be in the air soon with Black East Africans in the cockpits. The SU-30 is a modification of the SU-27, which both the Ethiopians and Eritreans have had for decades. If Eritrea, as backward and poor as it is can operate them, what about us? Training of fresh boys begun in 2007, they've since been to Israel and Russia. They will 'grow' in them. But you can continue with your denial, it works for us. All older pilots like Risasi will soon be out of a job this side of the border.

@ole Nkarei, the only movement in that area is routine, and I think I answered this two days ago. I said then that we are the adults here and we owe it to the region and the world to behave as such, much like Kenya exercised restraint at Busia in 1990.

Just out of curiosity, what really went down at "Busia in 1990" i know there were hostilities with the NRA and the GSU and AP caught in the action before KDF intervened ... was young lad back then growing up in 5th KR MQ in Gilgil and saw a lot of mobilization ...again the incident is not well documented and i scraped the net sometime back trying to get info but there wasn't much esp. militarily apart from general information on suspicion btwn Moi and M7 ...@ON n @spartan any luck you could provide a more detailed version ... or some links ...

Last edited by Observer on Mon Mar 19 2012, 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Mar 19 2012, 15:22

Observer wrote:Just out of curiosity, what really went down at "Busia in 1990" i know there were hostilities with the NRA and the GSU and AP caught in the action before KDF intervened ... was young lad back then growing up in Gilo 5th MQ and saw a lot of mobilization ...again the incident is not well documented and i scraped the net sometime back trying to get info but there wasn't much esp. militarily apart from general information on suspicion btwn Moi and M7 ...@ON n @spartan any luck you could provide a more detailed version ... or some links ...

Man, am not sure whether I could tell my left leg from my right arm then, but what I gather is that the whole affair begun in 1987 when Ugandan rebels crossed to Kenya and at one point NRA pursued them across. This culminated with the expulsion of two Ugandan diplomats and the closure of the Libyan embassy in December 1987.

A more detailed version of the events can be found here but what's for sure is that if we didn't go to war then, we will never. This is the American take on those events.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19 2012, 16:05

came across this today.. very interesting..

Relations between Kenya and Uganda have been strained
since
Museveni seized power, although for much of 1988 and early
Uganda and Kenya vacillated between cooperation and
confrontation. In 1987 Kenya's president Daniel arap Moi
had
accused Museveni of allowing Libya to launch destabilizing
attacks on Kenya from bases in Uganda, a charge Museveni
steadfastly denied. Kenya nonetheless expelled the Ugandan
high
commissioner and closed the Libyan People's Bureau in
Nairobi,
and Uganda retaliated by arresting six Kenyan diplomats,
including the acting high commissioner. A flurry of
high-level
communications succeeded in ending this incident, but each
nation's fears of cross-border insurgency were heightened.

The year 1988 had begun on a positive note when the two
governments agreed to establish a buffer zone along their
common
border near Busia. At about the same time, however, the
NRM
government alarmed Kenyan officials by announcing it was

considering shipping imports and exports through Dar es
Salaam,
Tanzania, rather than Mombasa, Kenya. This would have cost
Kenya
transit fees and several hundred jobs in its transport
industry,
and suspicions of economic sabotage began to sour
relations
between the two countries.

A more serious problem occurred in July 1988, when
several
Ugandan soldiers attacked fishers at Sumba Island in
Kenyan
territory on Lake Victoria. Kenyan security forces
responded and
inflicted several casualties. Charges and countercharges
were
aired through the rest of 1988. There were also outbreaks
of
sporadic violence along the border and accusations that
Ugandan
vehicles were being detained or delayed at the Kenyan
border
points near Nakuru and Eldoret.
Despite some progress toward peaceful negotiations, the
hopeful atmosphere was disturbed on March 2, 1989, when
some 300
armed forces, believed to be Ugandans intent on stealing
cattle,
killed a Kenyan army officer in Kenya's West Pokot
District.
Kenyan security forces responded, killing seventy-two of
the

alleged cattle rustlers, by their count. Five days later,
the
Kenyan government claimed that a military aircraft from
Uganda
had dropped two bombs near a police post near Oropoi.
According
to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC),
the bombs
killed five people and injured seven others. The Ugandan
government denied complicity in the attack and suggested
that the
aircraft had originated in Sudan, a report that appeared
to be
confirmed by independent observers. Ugandan minister of
foreign
affairs Tarsis Kabwegyere sought mediation.

In 1990 the acrimony between Uganda and Kenya
continued,
especially after Ugandan police officials accused
President Moi
of helping Ugandan dissidents plan to overthrow Museveni.
Relations improved after the two leaders met in August and
agreed
to restore full diplomatic ties and to strengthen border
security. However, by year's end, the two countries again
were at
loggerheads, in part because of Kenyan press allegations
that
Uganda intended "to establish a Pax Uganda over central
and
eastern Africa."

[size=12][size=9]http://www.mongabay.com/history/uganda/uganda-kenya.html

[/size][/size]