THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+41
timoh
Kepler-Euler
HokumA
mogen
Sayaret matkal
chui
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
Al Bashir
mwepesi
Batian
mambotupu
Balozi
MOOZALENDO
aggressor one
The Blue
tempest
Ned Starks Head
mekatilili
kimiti
one man army
Ole Sidai
Mbaine
areba
livefire
Sierra Kilo
Risasi
countersniper
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Observer
Interloper
Fabrizio
cylon
mbs
MWAURA
jasiri
Spartan
Olekoima
Analyst
45 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  cylon Wed Aug 08 2012, 04:25

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Chest thumping?

http://www.nyasatimes.com/malawi/2012/08/06/lake-malawinyasa-row-time-to-show-strong-leadership/

That border appears to place the lake entirely in Malawi, a poor small country. But if Tz wants to shed its reputation as peaceful non-interfering country, there is no better opportunity than this.

The president of Malawi is an iron lady and she will do what is right to protect what is hers. as the saying goes "never mess with a lioness protecting her cubs" Which joyce banda will do very well, I just don't see Tanzania going to all out war over a lake when there are far more important things on the menu and they don't have to prove anything. But i might be wrong and this can be solved peacefully and diplomatically because we kenyans are facing the same issue with the mignigo express. All of these deliberate plans to destabilize us were ticking timebombs the british left because we fought them but e as africans can solve them...
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 07:46

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Chest thumping?

http://www.nyasatimes.com/malawi/2012/08/06/lake-malawinyasa-row-time-to-show-strong-leadership/

That border appears to place the lake entirely in Malawi, a poor small country. But if Tz wants to shed its reputation as peaceful non-interfering country, there is no better opportunity than this.

Indeed the Maps and History do place the Lake in Malawi. Grumblings in Tanganyika as early as 1963, but none registered bilaterally nor internationally. Even this latest noises are not buttressed by a legally lodged claim - yet!

@Tempest has posted under JWTZ page contemporaneous comparative charts of both Tanzania and Malawi ''Militaries'' - well, Malawi would be stretching definitions to claim to have a military.

@Spartan - those Hinds look deathly awesome, man. And their jockeys every bit wasee wa-kazi, joo! Heshima yako, bro - my palm-to-forehead!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Aug 08 2012, 10:02

ole Nkarei wrote:@Spartan - those Hinds look deathly awesome, man. And their jockeys every bit wasee wa-kazi, joo! Heshima yako, bro - my palm-to-forehead!! Smile

Have you already seen them in AMISOM colours? According to official sources, they just left on Monday. But they wouldn't look very different from this one
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Interloper Wed Aug 08 2012, 11:35

Breaking up the DRC has been an ill-concealed and longstanding Western Strategy since the Kasavubi / Lumumba era, and the main cause and justification for the ceaseless conflict in all parts of the DRC. It has kept the DRC ungovernable and hopelessly fractious.

Questions is - who stands to gain from a fractured DRC, the country with the larges Mineral Wealth in the World? And who has benefited from a fractious weak and ungovernable DRC to-date? Clearly it is not the Congolese indigene, and nor even the wider African Audience.

As Nations in a ''Globalised-Village'' realities inexorably move into relationships grounded on Trade and Economy-linkages (and not ideology and politics of yore), their Geopolitical Definitions move beyond present National boundaries, and hence ''bigger is better''. In this context therefore, a breakup of the DRC might have shortterm (and shortsighted?) results, but would be certainly a retrogressive development.

Now, if the rest of ''Kenyana'' was to effectively gel into a functioning and vibrant Geopolitical Block with Interlinked Economies, Shared Security, World-footprint, etc, (as it is intended and appears to be doing), it would without doubt suck-in the DRC and put paid to all these conflict maneno in quick-time. And ''Kenyana '' needs the DRC as an integral part of it to exploit the mind-boggling potential in Block[/quote]

After yesterdays meeting in UG, are we likely to see some quiet at last in East DRC?
BTW, why did Ole man not attend?
Interloper
Interloper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 12:57

Interloper wrote:

After yesterdays meeting in UG, are we likely to see some quiet at last in East DRC?
BTW, why did Ole man not attend?

The Old Man has deliberately avoided the Tall thin Man ever since Intel started coming through of RDF/M23 preps to renewed Kivu Violence months earlier - recall I shot out a note about this then? Very typical, undramatic, very effective communication of diapproval. Without the Shadow of the Old Man upon him, the Tall One will most certainly flounder or sink.

I am cautiously optimistic.

@Spartan - holding position for your PM comms. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 17:43

The Communiquer from the ICGLR conference in Kampala swells my chest with pride of my Africanese. I just loved this bit from the lengthy 5-page 8-point-plan Document that
the leaders affirmed "home-grown solutions to the problems of the Great Lakes Region through our established Regional Mechanisms"
effectively telling Sammy and Johnny to go-jump-into-the-Nile ;and that the ICGLR Intervention Force would be regionally funded ( he who pays the Piper...) although driving legitimacy of this Force from AU (and then UN) Authorization!!

"vigorous efforts with a view to ensure that there is a complete halt to fighting in Eastern DRC''
''the summit also agreed on the possibility of sanctions against those who obstruct the peace process".

Ahem!! Dammit - Finally, the possibility of a ''hostile'' peace in all the foreign-created Flash-Points in Kenyana!! Sudan, Ethiopia- Eritrea, Somalia, DRC, Kony (CAR,UGANDA,SUDAN). Now, if only the Tanzanians would keep their you-know-what in their trousers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Aug 08 2012, 19:20

ole Nkarei wrote:The Communiquer from the ICGLR conference in Kampala swells my chest with pride of my Africanese. I just loved this bit from the lengthy 5-page 8-point-plan Document that
the leaders affirmed "home-grown solutions to the problems of the Great Lakes Region through our established Regional Mechanisms"
effectively telling Sammy and Johnny to go-jump-into-the-Nile ;and that the ICGLR Intervention Force would be regionally funded ( he who pays the Piper...) although driving legitimacy of this Force from AU (and then UN) Authorization!!

"vigorous efforts with a view to ensure that there is a complete halt to fighting in Eastern DRC''
''the summit also agreed on the possibility of sanctions against those who obstruct the peace process".

Ahem!! Dammit - Finally, the possibility of a ''hostile'' peace in all the foreign-created Flash-Points in Kenyana!! Sudan, Ethiopia- Eritrea, Somalia, DRC, Kony (CAR,UGANDA,SUDAN). Now, if only the Tanzanians would keep their you-know-what in their trousers!!

You beat me to the communique yet I am here in K'la breathing the same air and within shouting distance to where the big men are, bwana! Thanks for summing it up beautifully.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 22:06

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:The Communiquer from the ICGLR conference in Kampala swells my chest with pride of my Africanese. I just loved this bit from the lengthy 5-page 8-point-plan Document that

You beat me to the communique yet I am here in K'la breathing the same air and within shouting distance to where the big men are, bwana! Thanks for summing it up beautifully.

Benefits of a small office, cemetery-like serenity, densely ''over-populated'' by computers kila pahari, ''overgrown'' LSD every wall, banks of color-coded phones, walk-in freezer temperatures, no visitors. Can't wait to see the last of it, soon dammit!!

Your old Man did pretty good in that Meeting. Drove pretty hard into the Tall Thin Man. Our Veep had tough-love message from the Old Man here too for the Tall Man, a hour-long one-on-one to deliver. I hope it finally gels together this time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Aug 09 2012, 12:01

ole Nkarei wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Benefits of a small office, cemetery-like serenity, densely ''over-populated'' by computers kila pahari, ''overgrown'' LSD every wall, banks of color-coded phones, walk-in freezer temperatures, no visitors. Can't wait to see the last of it, soon dammit!!

Your old Man did pretty good in that Meeting. Drove pretty hard into the Tall Thin Man. Our Veep had tough-love message from the Old Man here too for the Tall Man, a hour-long one-on-one to deliver. I hope it finally gels together this time.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208081098.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 12:45

Olekoima wrote:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208081098.html

They agreed on the Basic Principles, spelt out in very unequivocal terms in the Communiquer, which was always threatening to unravel the discussion. This is a milestone in every sense of the word.

Sticky points remain such as the Composition of the Force, Specific Mandate, Leadership, Time-lines and reporting mechanisms. That is what the Defense Ministers are supposed to work out during these next two weeks, and fine-tuned, after a mini-summit reporting, during the next two weeks following which a full Head-of-States Summit will authorize the Deployment of this Force. -

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Aug 10 2012, 14:02

Ex-PM Farmaajo supporters clash with Pres Shariff supporters in Mogadisho[/url]

I hear PM Abdiwelli called a security meeting to deal with the trouble. How well is AMISOM prepared for more of the same?
[url=https://servimg.com/view/17442018/71]REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Pro-fa10

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Ex-pm_10

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Aug 10 2012, 14:34

Once mighty, Somalia’s army struggles to rebuild itself

As hundreds of Somali army recruits march haltingly around a dusty parade ground on the outskirts of Mogadishu, Ugandan officer Assa Mutebi admits that sometimes his job can feel a little strange.

Mutebi, the “patriotism instructor” for the 2,000-odd recruits who have just returned from a year of European Union-funded training in Uganda, is responsible for teaching the fledgling soldiers to love their own homeland.

“I teach them about.....

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Aug-10/184071-once-mighty-somalias-army-struggles-to-rebuild-itself.ashx#ixzz238pcNoaP
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:35

Finally, some ray of hope for Somalia to restart building their once bubbleing Nation to stability. Hope this time their politicians will spare their nation the retroactive politics associated with self destruction like those witnessed after the fall of mogadisho. It will be difficult to rebuild if the current govt will still opt to remain pegged to sammy and johnny; that is how civil war erupted. For Kenyana however the dynamics have changed and there is need especially for Ole mans focal points to enforce firm foundations and SUSTAINABILITY for projects like LAPPSET and RURAL ECONOMIC MODERNIZATION to increase Economic Growth.

Some countries in kenyana have resorted to up tarrifs and levies to increase and create economic spin-offs. That is the main reason there is economic disparities in Europe up to this day. The main reason is to stem economic competition and dwarf growth / competitive enterprise / validity of competition within kenyana......We can go on and on with numerous types of such igaletarian schemes sammys offsprings have begun transcending. They disliked competition, therefore it becomes automatic their offsprings will resort to such.

Indeed large swathes of productive land is a key component in sustaining economic growth before the current findings on oil and gas becomes a reality. Amidst all this storm brewing in a tea-pot, the political maelstrom in kinsasha has never shown any signs of ending. It will be premature to start putting kinsasha onto the economic jigsaw puzzle. We will wait see how the affairs of the tall thin one unfolds.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 11 2012, 08:08

Exactly my thinking @Batian. We stand on the very edge of a precipice, and thank God the Ole Man has got us all taxing for take off now. Hopefully we have generated sufficient speed to soar off the Precipice, and not crush down the Precipice like some of our so-called friends have designed for us these many years.

See these remarks by Clinton when she met her Nairobi Embassy staffer recently; I cannot vouch for the veracity of the story, nor the source, but I know nothing spoken to whomever by Clinton was not recorded by ''someone''. The remarks are made in jest, bien entendu, but terribly worrying that she would even conjure a joke on those lines in our our f*cking country!!

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/08/what-hillary-clinton-said-while-she-was.html

I’m also pleased that Assistant Secretary Johnnie Carson is here with us, a former ambassador to Kenya. I was kidding him today, he is so popular in Kenya he could run for office – (laughter) which may turn out to be a good thing.

And news indicate that the Political Dialogue in Zoomaliya has acquired a Kenyanese about it. Thirteen (13) Presidential Hopefuls (of the sixty-something odd others!!) have formed a Coalition to select and support one of them!! I particularly like their ''Mission Statement''
"We acknowledge that the Somalia people are in a dreadful situation, especially overwhelmed by among others ailments by humanitarian problems, social disintegration, health troubles and mass unemployment," the grouping said in a Thursday statement.
http://www.africareview.com/News/Somali+leaders+strike+single+candidate+deal/-/979180/1476198/-/d9qd9ez/-/index.html.

It does appears that GoK's twenty years ''open-door'' Policy on the Zoomaliya people is finally paying off - the leadership that has evolved is more Kenyan-Somali than Zoomaliya-Somali! And the returnees to Zoomaliya in their Millions have all absorbed during their twenty years of enforced exile varying degrees of Indoctrination (Kenyan mostly) which has irrevocably altered the National Ethos of a resurgent Zoomaliya. In effect, this vindicates GoK Policy vide our NFD-Zoomaliya from Prezzy Moi to Prezzy Kibaki.

Bashir and Kir are finally dancing together, despite with AR15 strapped to their sides (American Newspapers as their usual trumpeted this as a Clinton ''Victory''- Lord ha'mercy!!); Ituri and Kivu are seething but settling (again Washington claims Victory- Clinton specifically through a hastily delivered high-pitched speech from Jo'burg to ''warn enemies of peace in the DRC''. The anticipated Ethiopian Implosion appears unlikely. Kenyana is coming of age? )

Now, if only we can hold, keep our you-know-what in our collective pants and our eyes firmly on the ball!!

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty Kenya Coming of Age Geopolitically

Post  Guest Sat Aug 11 2012, 11:46

Kenya is the largest single external Interface to Rwanda's National Economy - the single biggest external contributor to her GDP. And with the accelerated Infrastructural interventions in Kenya and Uganda, the interface of Kenya & Rwanda Nations appears more certain that even the time-tested and very extensive Kenya & Uganda - not in volumes but in depth of interface.

As early as March 2012, credible validation of earlier Intel points to the Tall Man mobilizing his internal and external forces in the Kivu in response to Kabila determined intentions to decapitate the Rwandaise Egress in his Government through their Iron-clad control of the Kivu Provinces by way of their proxy Nkunda-Ntaganda Forces. Rwanda does not desire Ntaganda on Trial at the ICC, might drag down too many people with him. The Ole Man dispatch appropriate warnings (current IGAD Chair) to Kigali - stop these shenanigans, not healthy for us all.

M23 breaks out in open rebellion; the Ole Man subsequently skips Kigali and spends three days in Burundi's concurrently celebrated Independence Festival. A follow through meeting in Kampala has the Kenya's VEEP attending, who holds a close-door one hour meeting one-on-one with the Tall Man. Delivers the Ole Man's Iron-clad Gauntlet?

Tall Man promptly shuts down his External Ops in Kivu, and but pleads that M23 be heard on their 'Historical injustices'' claims. Tall Man also consents to an 'Neutral Force'' in Ituri and Kivu, which of course will allow the busy-body NGOs to collect data to fry him eventually. If we should let them, that is. - which is the greater imperative in Eastern DRC - a functional Peace or Justice ?

Peace in the DRC in our times appears greatly feasible, I reckon! Shared Security through Regional politico-socio-economic Integration is the Holy Grail!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Aug 11 2012, 16:21

AU wants 600 Ugandan soldiers to leave Somalia

Mogadishu - Uganda has over deployed in Somalia and as a result, the African Union (AU) has directed that 600 of its men return home. UPDF chief of land forces Lt. Gen. Katumba Wamala told MPs on the defence committee Thursday that the directive came after AU noted that Uganda had exceeded its quota by 600 officers...
http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/au_wants_600_ugandan_soldiers_to_leave_somalia/
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sat Aug 11 2012, 19:53

@ON, what is status of RDF Army in terms of transportation, mobilization, communication, and indoctrination that is if perhaps they were to dispatch a fighting unit to full blown war [God forbid!] as opposed to the current perching of M23 rebels / footsoldiers in Kivu and Ituri. What financial impetus can the tall thin man rely on.

On the other side Ole mans gauntlet should reflect further those destabilizing populations in Kenya-ethio border. Are warlords keen to trample on the 64 peace pact ama? The Johnny carson maneno as vouched by mama is on our soil is disrespectful enough. Ex-diplomats, and igaletarian bases can run for office. Our new promulgated constitution has addressed for this. l hope!!!
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 09:34

mogen wrote:
AU wants 600 Ugandan soldiers to leave Somalia

Mogadishu - Uganda has over deployed in Somalia and as a result, the African Union (AU) has directed that 600 of its men return home. UPDF chief of land forces Lt. Gen. Katumba Wamala told MPs on the defence committee Thursday that the directive came after AU noted that Uganda had exceeded its quota by 600 officers...
http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/au_wants_600_ugandan_soldiers_to_leave_somalia/

@Spartan - Error? A fully equipped Battalion? 2000Klicks away? Smart move, but I think ''someone'' caught your Brass out!! Ama?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 09:43

Batian wrote:@ON, what is status of RDF Army in terms of transportation, mobilization, communication, and indoctrination that is if perhaps they were to dispatch a fighting unit to full blown war [God forbid!] as opposed to the current perching of M23 rebels / footsoldiers in Kivu and Ituri. What financial impetus can the tall thin man rely on.

On the other side Ole mans gauntlet should reflect further those destabilizing populations in Kenya-ethio border. Are warlords keen to trample on the 64 peace pact ama? The Johnny carson maneno as vouched by mama is on our soil is disrespectful enough. Ex-diplomats, and igaletarian bases can run for office. Our new promulgated constitution has addressed for this. l hope!!!

RDF is proficiently equipped, commanded and indoctrinated for the Threat they face - mostly irregular, illtrained, ill-equiped, ill-commanded, ill-motivated, diverse and fractious armed elements in the two Kivu provinces. . RDF is different from these because of her Official status and a Government behind them, but has never completed the transition from a guerrilla informal outfit to an Army. This is the reason why the RDF is able to seemlessly transform into the M23, and back again to RDF, without missing a step!!. A Regular Armed Formation (not the Congo Army!!) would have little difficulties handling the RDF - the Angolans and Zimbabwean did just that in the Second African War

An Army requires primarily a Philosophical, and then Material, Definition - this is what determines everything else an Army becomes, and differentiates one Army from another. Consider the very fundamental transformation of the UPDF in recent times?

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Aug 14 2012, 05:25

Syrian rebels acquire anti-aircraft system

Picture below of a Syrian rebel with a surface-to-air missile system [aka complete SA-7 system].
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Comple10 (Source:Facebook page of Obaida Elwani)

And they claim to have brought down a Syrian MiG23 jet near the border with Iraq. CIA SOC apparently aiding the rebels and Russia musing about getting in to support the other side.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Aug 19 2012, 08:42

Rwanda's Role in Eastern DRC fighting

First it was the EAC pointing fingers/warnings to Rwanda, And now the SADC has added its voice and threatens action.

Southern Africa tells Rwanda to stop DR Congo rebel support
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:00

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Sudan+minister+30+officials+killed+in+plane+blast/-/1066/1482808/-/3iie0p/-/index.html

sudan again bad news
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sun Aug 19 2012, 13:06

countersniper wrote:http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Sudan+minister+30+officials+killed+in+plane+blast/-/1066/1482808/-/3iie0p/-/index.html

sudan again bad news

In another news site they reported of an 'explosion' as the airplane was preparing to land. Could it have been shot down by the SPLM-N fighters??
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty AFRICOM heading to Botswana - finally!!

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21 2012, 00:16

Five years after being Officially Activated, 1st oct 2007, AFRICOM is still based in Europe after facing an Africa-wide bycott campaign by South Africa and Kenya. Now, finally Botswana has succumbed to Sammy, although SADC threatens to Air-blockade Botsana in consequence. Why is Africa so fearful of Sammy's AFRICOM? Take a peek at AFRICOM ''Mission Statement''
''..protects and defends the national security interests of the United States by strengthening the defense capabilities of African states and regional organizations and, when directed, conducts military operations, in order to deter and defeat transnational threats and to provide a security environment conducive to good governance and development.''

And the ''Commander's Intent'' or better yet the express Command Imperatives
''Our purpose is twofold: 1) to protect the U.S. homeland, American citizens abroad, and our national interests from transnational threats emanating from Africa; and 2) through sustained engagement, to enable our African partners to create a security environment that promotes stability, improved governance, and continued development. Should preventive or enabling efforts fail, we must always be prepared to prevail against any individual or organization that poses a threat to the United States, our national interests, or our allies and partners.''
Holy spirits of our African ancestors on Mt. Suswa!! Laughing Laughing

The Link to the Policy Paper on Africom is attached. But care is advised to sift the BS from fact in this propaganda piece.
http://www.africom.mil/AboutAFRICOM.asp

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty AFRICOM

Post  MOOZALENDO Tue Aug 21 2012, 03:49

ole Nkarei wrote:Five years after being Officially Activated, 1st oct 2007, AFRICOM is still based in Europe after facing an Africa-wide bycott campaign by South Africa and Kenya. Now, finally Botswana has succumbed to Sammy, although SADC threatens to Air-blockade Botsana in consequence. Why is Africa so fearful of Sammy's AFRICOM? Take a peek at AFRICOM ''Mission Statement''
''..protects and defends the national security interests of the United States by strengthening the defense capabilities of African states and regional organizations and, when directed, conducts military operations, in order to deter and defeat transnational threats and to provide a security environment conducive to good governance and development.''

''Our purpose is twofold: 1) to protect the U.S. homeland, American citizens abroad, and our national interests from transnational threats emanating from Africa; and 2) through sustained engagement, to enable our African partners to create a security environment that promotes stability, improved governance, and continued development. Should preventive or enabling efforts fail, we must always be prepared to prevail against any individual or organization that poses a threat to the United States, our national interests, or our allies and partners.''

The Link to the Policy Paper on Africom is attached. But care is advised to sift the BS from fact in this propaganda piece.

@ON indeed

The Setswana people just got themselves into one big mound of sh_t! Na hawana habari, watagundua pole pole. Start from the Nippons, to Wajerumani, Sammy is not a particularly courteous guest to have milangoni mwako. The most telling case ni ile ya Panama. Saa hii Panama haina capacity or strategic national interests to secure so wame handover that responsibility ya kuchunga its "national interests" (very funny indeed!) to mjomba Sammy. If you got time watch a fairly authoritative doc prepped right in sammy's kitchens here...1. Panama deception and here...2. Panama deception part 2.
Its so gory, it beggars belief. The paradox ni kwamba Setswana are very gentle if not timid people, so quite easy to ride rough shod.

Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Aug 21 2012, 04:14

MOOZALENDO wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Five years after being Officially Activated, 1st oct 2007, AFRICOM is still based in Europe after facing an Africa-wide bycott campaign by South Africa and Kenya. Now, finally Botswana has succumbed to Sammy, although SADC threatens to Air-blockade Botsana in consequence. Why is Africa so fearful of Sammy's AFRICOM? Take a peek at AFRICOM ''Mission Statement''

@ON indeed

The Setswana people just got themselves into one big mound of sh_t! Na hawana habari, watagundua pole pole. Start from the Nippons, to Wajerumani, Sammy is not a particularly courteous guest to have milangoni mwako. The most telling case ni ile ya Panama. Saa hii Panama haina capacity or strategic national interests to secure so wame handover that responsibility ya kuchunga its "national interests" (very funny indeed!) to mjomba Sammy. If you got time watch a fairly authoritative doc prepped right in sammy's kitchens here...1. Panama deception and here...2. Panama deception part 2.
Its so gory, it beggars belief. The paradox ni kwamba Setswana are very gentle if not timid people, so quite easy to ride rough shod.
Mooz

Add that to the disaster that was the former Subic Bay Naval Base in the Philippines. Sammy and his Servicemen (they're mostly men) do not have a good reputation at all. There will be plenty of Sandstorms and the like. AFRICOM should have not been allowed to set up base anywhere in Africa. The Botswana people have no immediate threat from anyone. Why on earth did they wink and allow crafty Sammy to sneek in'?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Thu Aug 23 2012, 13:48

Five years after being Officially Activated, 1st oct 2007, AFRICOM is still based in Europe after facing an Africa-wide bycott campaign by South Africa and Kenya. Now, finally Botswana has succumbed to Sammy, although SADC threatens to Air-blockade Botsana in consequence. Why is Africa so fearful of Sammy's AFRICOM? Take a peek at AFRICOM ''Mission Statement'''..protects and defends the national security interests of the United States by strengthening the defense capabilities of African states and regional organizations and, when directed, conducts military operations, in order to deter and defeat transnational threats and to provide a security environment conducive to good governance and development.''

Johnny has shifted his mutually exclusive primacy from countries with political instability to those that Have none...like Botswana, that will remain dependent on his dollars. Ultimately it leaves dependents struggling more than before where even the latest entrant to this dependency Mama Banda is always falling into and might get roped in anytime to such entire dependency cycle.

Yet again I am left perturbed than before as to why a country would fore-go its systems of economic sustenance for dependence on Sammy’s dollars. The goodness is that Good Old Kenyana remains untapped but once Ole mans LAPPSET is complete and running, it will attract more opponents than proponents. - - this type of effects are already manifesting themselves in the preliminary LAPPSETT undertakings but this can be reversed if there exists political consciousness. It is quite early to make a conclusion about the expected challenges kenyana might face after Meles departure but is a great loss to the country, especially when it comes to visionary leadership and his bulwark against sponsored terrorism that helped transform the instability in Somali .

Stability within the land of the beautiful women Is key for NFD's mode of operation. Key road-maps the successive PM and the Government must consider to continue is to complete all the presided development projects. It will be premature to defend Pretoria's position and ambitious policy from not collaborating with Johhny because, SANDF may be already trying to perch an expeditionary force in Kivu and ituri courtesy of UNSC to preempt hazardous activities sponsored by rebels.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty Bleak House

Post  Olekoima Thu Aug 23 2012, 16:54

Interesting. Read on:-
http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/somalia/articles/20120823.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 31 Empty Chai inaiva Kisimayu

Post  Batian Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:46

All is set for the final takedown of Kisimayu.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Army+chiefs+plot+attack+on+Kismayu/-/1056/1462730/-/fjk40hz/-/index.html
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Aug 26 2012, 10:30

The Tabernacle Choir from St. Stephens Cathedral Kisumu are in Kampala. Never seen anyone sing so well in Kiswahili. And when they sang in Luo, which many Ugandans understand... Wow!. We were privileged to have them.

My apologies for bringing prayer issues here...It was as real an EastAfrican/Kenyana moment as they come. The main celebrant, also Kenyan, touched on aspects of Ugandan politics that no other ugandan preacher can, all in the church where the who is who in Ug politics goes.

He received a prolonged standing ovation when he was finished with us Laughing
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next