THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

+20
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
HokumA
gash
mogen
Uzi
Batian
Fabrizio
Spartan
Sierra Kilo
countersniper
cylon
tempest
Flying Crane
jasiri
Olekoima
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Empty Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

Post  Admin Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:57

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Timone16 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Shenya10 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Shaanx10 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Picha_11 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Timone10
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Dsc01610 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Untitl14 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Shenya11 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) F620ta10 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) 410 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) _0110
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) W51010 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Grad_l11 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Untitl10 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Brdm-210 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Picha_10

According to reliable information, its strength lies between 25,000 and 30,000. The JWTZ is divided into various formations. These include the Land Forces, the Navy, the Air Force and the Military Intelligence.

Between 1971 and 1983, Tanzanian forces played a key role in the politics and military of Uganda. Because of the conflict between Idi Amin and Julius Nyerere, the two countries were for many years in a state of war. Tanzanian officers trained Ugandan exiles and equipped them fight to Amin.

The JWTZ's military hardware is mainly from Russian and eastern Europe.
JWTZ has the largest surfaces to air missile system (SAM) and artillery in the region. SAM-3, SAM-6, supported by 350 Anti-Aircraft Guns and several Multi Rocket launch Systems (BM-21 the famed Saba Saba) backed by 300 artillery pieces. The air force operates F-7s and F-5s as lead role fighters. wait a minutes F-5? Don’t confuse them with the F-5 tigers; these are Chinese version of the WWII mig-17. Old relics thanks to the superior Air defense system.

JWTZ operates only 4 helicopter gunship for the bulk of a country. more ought to be done. Mig29’s and new naval ships deals are on the way. Old time favorite’s arsenals include the Chinook Choppers.

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 02 2011, 19:47; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Empty Re: Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

Post  Balozi Tue Oct 19 2010, 09:52

I had under estimated the Tz force actually its a silence force nobody actually knows what goes on in it. People think there are Mafala flani. But it looks like the force has a strategy. Having a good Anti-aircraft system insures your air cover and if your are a Defensive army then you really don’t need fighter jets as there mainly offense equipments. To sum up I think jwtz saved a lot in aircraft spare and training as it doesn’t have a sophisticated one.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Empty Re: Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

Post  Sisal Makonge Tue Oct 19 2010, 12:24

I also agree Tz is really not a push over as its seems. it’s a brilliant Idea to have the air secured with SAM missile rather then Fighters. And Have a bulk army to neutralize ground invasion. Fly boy’s munaona hiyo. Jwtz with its SAM I don’t see any Kenyan F-5 what ever the series operating over the sky of tz
affraid
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:22

Sisal Makonge wrote:

I also agree Tz is really not a push over as its seems. it’s a brilliant Idea to have the air secured with SAM missile rather then Fighters. And Have a bulk army to neutralize ground invasion. Fly boy’s munaona hiyo. Jwtz with its SAM I don’t see any Kenyan F-5 what ever the series operating over the sky of tz
affraid

Says who ? ndugu yangu tuna ruka bila shida
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Thu Oct 21 2010, 18:26

Lets give credit where it is due bwana Tz has a good strategy. Servicing SAM systems vise vie aircrafts the latter is expensive and if your pilots fall behind in flying hour due to aircraft maintenance then your air force is useless.
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 19:22

Come to think about it which versions are the SAMs? Are the SAMs as old as the Tz North Koreas' Mig17. SAM-3 watu wako masaa with new SAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Tue Oct 26 2010, 09:54

Ok kweli lakini aren,t they effective against Ug Mig21/23. and Kenya F-5. there all were all born in the same time so unless its main contenders that’s is ug and Kenya gets a 4th generation fighter Tz is fully secured, hakuna air force that can fly over.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Oct 27 2010, 00:17

Who told you that SAM of the time are directly proportional to the aircrafts of the time watu mafala kweli.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Oct 27 2010, 08:14

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:Who told you that SAM of the time are directly proportional to the aircrafts of the time watu mafala kweli.
Hapa guys lets disagree lakini don’t character asasinate each other kama ako na point wacha aji tetea
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 04 2010, 12:28

Rumor has it that these are Tanzania’s MiG29

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) Wzl28j10
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Thu Nov 04 2010, 19:17

mmh where are they any latest news?
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Nov 07 2010, 14:38

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:mmh where are they any latest news?

Are they somewhere in Russia undergoing assembly? They look more than the six they are expecting or have they ordered more?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Nov 08 2010, 20:31

I had a hunch that the Migs would be second hand. Or is this a refurbishing plant
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Nov 10 2010, 09:31

What I have leant is that the Mig-17 are used as trainers and light attack roles. Tz,s lead role fighter is the F-7, Chinese copy of the Mig-21.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Wed Nov 10 2010, 12:14

The F-7 looks to be quiet aggressive how many in operation any idea?
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) 300px-10
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Nov 10 2010, 14:03

Sisal Makonge wrote:
The F-7 looks to be quiet aggressive how many in operation any idea?
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) 300px-10

A file pic shows 10 jets

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) 2s8h4511
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:43

I think the Tz are not be underestimated with or without the Mig29 or the prehistorically Mig17 for that matter . the air is fully secured with the 2K12 Kub. I don,t see how we can fly F-5 in and out of Tz. Even if we manage to get in going out once the sirens have been raised will be impossible. Any anti-dote for such occasions.
???
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Nov 11 2010, 13:11

Sisal Makonge wrote:I think the Tz are not be underestimated with or without the Mig29 or the prehistorically Mig17 for that matter . the air is fully secured with the 2K12 Kub. I don,t see how we can fly F-5 in and out of Tz. Even if we manage to get in going out once the sirens have been raised will be impossible. Any anti-dote for such occasions.
???

Whilst agreeing with you and not in any way doubting TZ's impressive air defense capability,it is good to not that a huge slice of Tanzania's military inventory is not serviceable(i.e rusty) hence a good military planner would know what to do. That doesn't mean Kenyan F-5 pilots would have it easy,but i reckon they are more than capable of hitting targets deep in TZ.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Mzalendo Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:19

kaka I didn’t want to get into this argument but muna kosea Mig that Tz has are very up to date and standards. And one thing good about the Chinese version of MiG21 called F-7 is that they have BVR abilities. Check the internet. If the F-5 escapes to areas that are not covered by the ground air defense unit the F-7 will shoot them down at far distance. We have 16 working MIGS with spreaded anti-aircraft units its impossible.

Look at the cockpit here

Mzalendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mzalendo Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:22

Mzalendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:53

Mzalendo wrote:

@Mzalendo,

I' am afraid i don't see anything in this last post of yours. You have missed something. Kindly re-post.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Nov 11 2010, 18:36

Hapa Mzalendo you are wrong on BvR . There several types of Mig 21

Mig 21 fishbed (original mig21)
Mig 21 lanceR (fishbed upgrade)
Mig 21 Bis (lance upgrade) ug operating these
Mig 21-93 (Russian upgrade fishbed )
MiG 21 2000 (isreali upgrade fishbed/ Bis)
Mig 21 Bison (India modified fishbed)
Mig 21 china or the Chengdu Jian-7 or F-7
Mig21 airguard or F-7M (Pakistan upgrade western avionic)
Mig 21 skybolt or F-7MP ( Pakistan upgrade airguard with more west avionic Italian Griffo radar )
Guizhou JL-9 or FTC-2000 (Chinas latest upgrade of the F-7 side air intakes)

The picture posted by Sisal is an F-7M. the visual difference are the wing structure. The Bison is an India upgraded Mig but it is not as lethal as the Pakistani ones
Out of all these the F-7 ,“M” series are the most competent Mig21 . it has been upgraded with western avionic. One thing I like about China is that they allow you to upgrade their aircrafts as you want it to be. From these China clones cames the skybolt and the airguard..

In short the TZ migs are F-7A. the “A” series is the most basic of the Chinese cloned mig-21. They can never Match a F-5 even with a trainee pilot in it. There very manual to operate which consumes the pilots time during dog fighters.

If Tz upgrades its F-7A to the F-7BG/ Then we can talk. The F-7BG is the only F-7 with BVR capabilities.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Nov 12 2010, 08:06

Risasi# wrote:Hapa Mzalendo you are wrong on BvR . There several types of Mig 21

Mig 21 fishbed (original mig21)
Mig 21 lanceR (fishbed upgrade)
Mig 21 Bis (lance upgrade) ug operating these
Mig 21-93 (Russian upgrade fishbed )
MiG 21 2000 (isreali upgrade fishbed/ Bis)
Mig 21 Bison (India modified fishbed)
Mig 21 china or the Chengdu Jian-7 or F-7
Mig21 airguard or F-7M (Pakistan upgrade western avionic)
Mig 21 skybolt or F-7MP ( Pakistan upgrade airguard with more west avionic Italian Griffo radar )
Guizhou JL-9 or FTC-2000 (Chinas latest upgrade of the F-7 side air intakes)

The picture posted by Sisal is an F-7M. the visual difference are the wing structure. The Bison is an India upgraded Mig but it is not as lethal as the Pakistani ones
Out of all these the F-7 ,“M” series are the most competent Mig21 . it has been upgraded with western avionic. One thing I like about China is that they allow you to upgrade their aircrafts as you want it to be. From these China clones cames the skybolt and the airguard..

In short the TZ migs are F-7A. the “A” series is the most basic of the Chinese cloned mig-21. They can never Match a F-5 even with a trainee pilot in it. There very manual to operate which consumes the pilots time during dog fighters.

If Tz upgrades its F-7A to the F-7BG/ Then we can talk. The F-7BG is the only F-7 with BVR capabilities.

And talking about BVR capabilities, aren't Kenyan F-5EMs BVR capable?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Mon Nov 15 2010, 06:57

See kwa ubaya but if the SA6 are working …My reason are the SA-6 shot down a F-16 and the stealth F-117 in Bosnia whats the chances of the F-5 going through. Tz air will be still secured even with acquisition of Su30 by UG.
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Nov 15 2010, 13:52

Ok its true TZ type SAM brought down f-16 lakini more then what meet the eye was used to bring down the F-16.and that’s the same tactics that KAF will use incase of aggression By Su30.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15 2010, 15:24

KAF we don’t stand a chance against Su30. lets agree si kwa ubaya it’s my country lakini F-5 vs. Su30 no chance KAF Capt. Bila uwango no chance

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Nov 16 2010, 08:50

Why do you think so are you seeking info or you know thw naked truth?
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Wed Nov 17 2010, 06:25

mJESHI mMOJA these are 4th generation fighter if hazini kazi then why would Russia build them. Kumbuka they is a lot before a fighter flies story za research test pilots blab la blab then they should just have modified the Mig21.
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Nov 17 2010, 09:12

Sisal Makonge wrote:mJESHI mMOJA these are 4th generation fighter if hazini kazi then why would Russia build them. Kumbuka they is a lot before a fighter flies story za research test pilots blab la blab then they should just have modified the Mig21.

Kijana what Russia needs for its defense is not equivalent to what a third world country needs sawa bwana kila kidonda na dawa yake.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Nov 18 2010, 09:33

Wewe kazi na dawa sio . story za boot camp i had a nasty sergeant major. Kazi na dawa. Ati kunywa dawa na u wende kazi thinking about it really made most of my personality
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next