THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

+31
mambotupu
mchoraji
timoh
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
proud kenyan
Mkenya
The Blue
MOOZALENDO
edmuiru
Uzi
Balozi
gash
aggressor one
Kobooz
Sierra Kilo
Fabrizio
tempest
Interloper
Flying Crane
Batian
Kepler-Euler
mbs
countersniper
HokumA
jasiri
Ole Sidai
Spartan
mogen
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
35 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 Empty F-22 Raptor crashes in Florida, pilot ejects

Post  mogen Fri Nov 16 2012, 08:07

Reuters wrote:A U.S. Air Force F-22 fighter crashed on Thursday at Florida's Tyndall Air Force Base, but the pilot ejected safely and was unhurt

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/16/us-usa-f22-crash-idUSBRE8AF04R20121116

This $190million bird has had a very troubled life indeed.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  Spartan Mon Dec 03 2012, 17:14

The man responsible for China's nascent fighter aircraft industry died last week. Luo Yang dedicated his life to understanding the Sukhoi family of fighters before domesticating copying them for local production. He was to Chinese fighter industry what AQ Khan is to the Pakistani A-Bomb.
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 J-15_test2
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  Risasi Mon Dec 03 2012, 19:13

Spartan wrote:The man responsible for China's nascent fighter aircraft industry died last week. Luo Yang dedicated his life to understanding the Sukhoi family of fighters before domesticating copying them for local production. He was to Chinese fighter industry what AQ Khan is to the Pakistani A-Bomb.
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 J-15_test2

the seed grows on bro Spartan... what china has achieve, major powers took century to get there... of course they is also maneno ya copy pasting here and there ..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

p.s i hear you are the bureaucrat of the region Laughing…. fill us with mambo from kivu-goma regions
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:35

the pic on the J-11 post above prompted me to read more on its original version the Su30 and believe me i find it very impressing. the bird has a radar that can track 15 and engage 4 at once. With 6 of such birds on the air you can virtually wipe out any air force in sub-Sahara Africa and get per with North African AF’s that operates earlier model of US/Russian based fighters which only engage one target at a time.

the bird is a true superiority fighter
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Thu Dec 06 2012, 15:25

An SA-AF Douglas C-47TP Dakota crashed on Wednesday killing 11, this bird is from way back (WWII) but SA-AF have kept these birds in the air for a really long time. I can see why SA-AF really wanted the Airbus A-400M it was a great leap forward to bad the Europeans disappointed them but I hear they are looking to acquire the C-295 guess we have to wait and see.

Douglas C-47TP DakotaAir Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 12586%20SAAF%206859%20Jens%20Frischmuth%20IMG_1191

A-400MAir Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 A400-5
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:19

HokumA wrote:An SA-AF Douglas C-47TP Dakota crashed on Wednesday killing 11, this bird is from way back (WWII) but SA-AF have kept these birds in the air for a really long time. I can see why SA-AF really wanted the Airbus A-400M it was a great leap forward to bad the Europeans disappointed them but I hear they are looking to acquire the C-295 guess we have to wait and see.

Douglas C-47TP DakotaAir Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 12586%20SAAF%206859%20Jens%20Frischmuth%20IMG_1191

A-400MAir Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 A400-5

Too bad that the South Africans have continued to use this museum relic. The DC-3 or C-47 is way too old to be used for personnel transport. Maybe for Air surveilance or cargo lift.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:03

Balozi wrote:the pic on the J-11 post above prompted me to read more on its original version the Su30 and believe me i find it very impressing. the bird has a radar that can track 15 and engage 4 at once. With 6 of such birds on the air you can virtually wipe out any air force in sub-Sahara Africa and get per with North African AF’s that operates earlier model of US/Russian based fighters which only engage one target at a time.

the bird is a true superiority fighter

that the main aim of the subject…... to deal with those that believe in defence in masses.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:00

Flying Crane wrote:that the main aim of the subject…... to deal with those that believe in defence in masses.

You need a squadron and better yet a group before you can start to make such comments.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:22

Sierra Kilo wrote:Too bad that the South Africans have continued to use this museum relic. The DC-3 or C-47 is way too old to be used for personnel transport. Maybe for Air surveilance or cargo lift.

SA-AF has had serious issues ranging from funding to unclear strategic objectives a common issue facing SA defense forces as a whole even after huge military spending in the 90's.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28319:saaf-flying-hours-not-achieved&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 Empty Our air squadrons deserve a upgrade

Post  Mkenya Fri Dec 07 2012, 13:29

Hi guys,our fighters are "relics" by today's air war standards bt in top notch shape.We have bn able to nurture F-5 programme frm late 70s and still impressive in the 21st century use for our national/regional defence like OLN where they hv continued to fast air support with remarkable success.Its time our four stars nurture another program like the Su-30MK1 Flanker-H multirole (unit cost US$29.3 million) with advanced avionics,BVR capabilities,laser guided capabilities for precision drops.For starters 6-8 units spread over LAB,Wajir,Eldoret & Mombasa FOB to reinforce our Tigers squadrons plus superb training to our air cowboys KDF style i guarantee we could rule this Eastern Africa airspace to mid this century.I gather we evaluating sme soviet birds in LAB we can only wait to see which bird will replace or supplement our Fighting 5 units.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 15:33

Mkenya wrote:Hi guys,our fighters are "relics" by today's air war standards bt in top notch shape.We have bn able to nurture F-5 programme frm late 70s and still impressive in the 21st century use for our national/regional defence like OLN where they hv continued to fast air support with remarkable success.Its time our four stars nurture another program like the Su-30MK1 Flanker-H multirole (unit cost US$29.3 million) with advanced avionics,BVR capabilities,laser guided capabilities for precision drops.For starters 6-8 units spread over LAB,Wajir,Eldoret & Mombasa FOB to reinforce our Tigers squadrons plus superb training to our air cowboys KDF style i guarantee we could rule this Eastern Africa airspace to mid this century.I gather we evaluating sme soviet birds in LAB we can only wait to see which bird will replace or supplement our Fighting 5 units.

Eeeish, Ndungu #Kenya! There are no Russian Fighter Craft in LAB Wajir Mombasa Manda Eldoret or anywhere in Kenya neither expected!

Those facilities have ALL undergone expensive and extensive reconfiguration by Sammy and Johnny - certainly not to facilitate usage by competing social-cultural systems ( Ruskies and Uncle Woo). Not only is there near diametrically different Ethos and working systems between them (though conversion isn't that difficult for an established formation such as KDF/AF to move back and forth between these two opposing Military philisophies) but also Sammy and Johnny are driven by Weapons Sales and Inter-operability of Weapons System Faculties to allow them (Sammy and Johnny) to force- project themselves around this neighborhood.

Blame the lack of detail about the successors-in-country of the Tigers on the CDF!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Dec 07 2012, 16:13

ole Nkarei wrote:
Those facilities have ALL undergone expensive and extensive reconfiguration by Sammy and Johnny - certainly not to facilitate usage by competing social-cultural systems ( Ruskies and Uncle Woo). Not only is there near diametrically different Ethos and working systems between them (though conversion isn't that difficult for an established formation such as KDF/AF to move back and forth between these two opposing Military philisophies) but also Sammy and Johnny are driven by Weapons Sales and Inter-operability of Weapons System Faculties to allow them (Sammy and Johnny) to force- project themselves around this neighborhood.

Are you saying that this is the new Africom HQ??.....Brethren we have a bahrain scenario in .ke Shocked
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 9 Empty AfRICOM H/Q in Kenya?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 17:13

Not at all my inference, #SK.

They would just love to have it here - already Sammy's largest Consular and Intelligence presence in all of Africa, near the largest Strategic Offensive Naval and Strategic Offensive Air Base in the region (Diego Garcia), a jump away from the fragile Middle East, preponderant Christian Population over all the Central Theater, equi-distance of location in africa, etc. But the Domestic Political and Military leadership must be amenable to the idea of AFRICOM in Kenya - presently it is NOT!

Present AFRICOM has found temporary home in Botswana - not even South Africa is particularly happy about that presence.

Sammy and Johnny envisage small specialized deployments in the four Regions / Theaters of Africa with the means to reach and project rapidly around africa. Commanded from a center -AFRICOM.

Hiyo tuu!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Fri Dec 07 2012, 19:09

some times at the height of OLN a precission strike was conducted in the environs of moqdishu that struck a meeting venue for AS. one of AS commanders was neutralised, now if eye witnesses categorically reported that the fighter jet was twin tailed & fired a high explosive missile & was not a ugandan bird, what hint does it give to all of us 'speculators'?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Dec 07 2012, 19:12

ole Nkarei wrote:
Blame the lack of detail about the successors-in-country of the Tigers on the CDF!

The issue of new KDF birds has been discussed on so many forums that one is left wondering whether .Ke is pursuing a policy of ambiguity. How long can we keep them on drapes? As a Geomatics engineer/ GIS analyst i use topographical maps and upto now a 1970's regulation demands that one has to seek authority from DoD b4 purchasing them at Survey of Kenya. On the geo-referenced free google earth one can clearly see the Vickers neatly packed at 78 Isiolo. On a recent visit to Israel i was allowed to take pix and video at Ben Gurion airport whereas in JKIA it would constitute a serious security breach. I think the world is moving very fast technologically and we need to move with it otherwise some of the regulations are ridiculous.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 07 2012, 19:51

Kobooz wrote:some times at the height of OLN a precission strike was conducted in the environs of moqdishu that struck a meeting venue for AS. one of AS commanders was neutralised, now if eye witnesses categorically reported that the fighter jet was twin tailed & fired a high explosive missile & was not a ugandan bird, what hint does it give to all of us 'speculators'?

@Kabooz
American Eagles off Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti. There have six of these Birds attached to an obscure Black Drapes CIA outfit.

@UZI - your 'need to know' is not Absolute, man. No matter how romanticized it has become, out our rights' awareness. Each country faces unique security challenges from the threats it is combating and the capacity it has to combat those threats with. Israel cannot be a benchmark (yet) for our comparison but a ideal for our aspirations, on matters of security. And that is process that runs a timed course.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Dec 07 2012, 23:28

HokumA wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:that the main aim of the subject…... to deal with those that believe in defence in masses.

You need a squadron and better yet a group before you can start to make such comments.

Hey hey what’s going on , why a sudden germination of doubting Thomas’. I think cranes statement was general one ama vipi crane?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I can see they is Mambo ya queue-why http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_Weapons_Instructor discussion for the Su30…. Laughing Laughing Laughing

“Tracking 15 and engaging 4” is a performance specification and shouldn’t be ruled as the battle actuality with all due respect to the Su30 performances. I wouldn’t like to go more on the Su30 studies you all know why.

But for the sake of blog morale;
first you need to know how those “4” are being targeted. Its all in Bvr where a radar guides a set of launched missiles in this case up to 4 missiles to different targets. To do so it needs dedicated frequency for each missile in these case 4 different frequencies or data links.

Now here where the interesting part comes in.

All radars used on su30 are identical and hence use similar “x 4 guiding/directing data links”. Therefore it’s impossible for more than 4 missiles to be launched even if from different aircraft without risking guidance confusion to the missile because all those Su’s use similar guiding frequencies for the four data links avaible on each aircraft.

It would be logical to think 2x Su30 equals to 8 ready to fire missile, 4@ and therefore 8 annihilation but thats wrong because they is only 4 same frequencies of the data links for the Su’s squadron at any given time. And those 4 frequency can be use as one aircraft engaging 4 targets , 2 vs 4, 3 vs 4 or 4 vs 4 targets i,e the engage targets can never be more than 4. once a frequency is dedicated guide a missile to a target any missile fire under that data link frequency will follow the same guidance of the already in use data link to the same target.

Even if there 2 or more aircrafts the Achilles heel is all birds use the same frequencies and launching more than 4 missiles at one time will lead to the missiles getting guidance confusion for accuracy.

Simple look at it this way; you give two identically remote controlled toy cars to your Jnrs and expect both kids to operate them simultaneously without experiencing sluggish performances. It’s not practical. I hope I have pass may point vividly?

Last edited by Risasi on Sat Dec 08 2012, 07:46; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Dec 08 2012, 07:42

ole Nkarei wrote:

@UZI - your 'need to know' is not Absolute, man. No matter how romanticized it has become, out our rights' awareness. Each country faces unique security challenges from the threats it is combating and the capacity it has to combat those threats with. Israel cannot be a benchmark (yet) for our comparison but a ideal for our aspirations, on matters of security. And that is process that runs a timed course.

Agreed with u bro i would be crazy to use Israel as our benchmark am just saying that some of the security procedures we employ in Kenya need to be redefined. You seem to have conveniently captured the Israel comparison and not the Google earth images or the high resolution Ikonos images available for purchase vis a vis the restricted Kenyan toposheets showing statehouse and military installations as forests and swamps. Don't u sometimes wonder whether the guys using the scanners in supermarkets really know what they are looking for? Check ur pm for a message.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sat Dec 08 2012, 08:32

@ON Thanks for the clarification. let the CDF keep his lid tight until such a time. its in a way intelligence superiority of a country! & this birds might eventually not even emerge from underneath the soils of nanyuki as most speculators expect or they might! @ risasi spot on. & also the unlikely successful engaging the 4 targets depends on the type of birds and crop of boys sitting in the cockpits

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Dec 08 2012, 16:20

Kobooz wrote:@ON Thanks for the clarification. let the CDF keep his lid tight until such a time. its in a way intelligence superiority of a country! & this birds might eventually not even emerge from underneath the soils of nanyuki as most speculators expect or they might! @ risasi spot on. & also the unlikely successful engaging the 4 targets depends on the type of birds and crop of boys sitting in the cockpits

Forgive me for the pessimism but in today's world its almost impossible to purchase such an item and the deal doesn't appear anywhere. I think the reason there is no info on the new birds is simply coz they are not there. Am not saying there is no procurement plans but 4 now the tigers might be our only aggressors. my 2 cents
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Dec 08 2012, 16:33

when did the last time the tigers were seen in public flight formation?
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Dec 08 2012, 22:02

countersniper wrote:when did the last time the tigers were seen in public flight formation?

i believe it was last year 12 Dec .......???

@risasi i didn’t know it hurts that bad when a neighbour has a 4th gen fighter..... all what you posted above is mud sling erring
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sun Dec 09 2012, 08:19

@crane! you mean this UG SU's were the last 4th gen ever to be manufactured & sold? ok then also why don't you rebut @risasis theory technologically? its like a teenager who joins martial arts training & in the 1st week goes provoking everyone around assuming no one else around is trained. its only until he faces a fight that he realises that karate movies and reality are 2 different things!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Dec 09 2012, 09:56

Kobooz wrote:@ON Thanks for the clarification. let the CDF keep his lid tight until such a time. its in a way intelligence superiority of a country! & this birds might eventually not even emerge from underneath the soils of nanyuki as most speculators expect or they might! @ risasi spot on. & also the unlikely successful engaging the 4 targets depends on the type of birds and crop of boys sitting in the cockpits

You guys will have your toys soon enough. It would be treasonous for your planners to sit on their laurels while you have MiG-29s and SU-27s to the north (and Btw, Ethiopia is more likely to go to war with Ke than Uganda) and SU-30s to the west. But until dad unwraps the toys, I for one would find it prudent to remain silent.

All this maneno about how it's not possible for an SU-30 to track and engage whatever is uncalled for and at the very least smacks of sour-graping. We all know Ke is by far the richest country in EA and it's only a matter of when, not if, it will modernise its airforce.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:51

Spartan wrote:

You guys will have your toys soon enough. It would be treasonous for your planners to sit on their laurels while you have MiG-29s and SU-27s to the north (and Btw, Ethiopia is more likely to go to war with Ke than Uganda) and SU-30s to the west. But until dad unwraps the toys, I for one would find it prudent to remain silent.

All this maneno about how it's not possible for an SU-30 to track and engage whatever is uncalled for and at the very least smacks of sour-graping. We all know Ke is by far the richest country in EA and it's only a matter of when, not if, it will modernise its airforce.

@Sparta man
Bro, you have spoken like three wise elders put together.
I hear TZ is upgrading. UG broke new ground with acquisition of the SU-30s, ET has them or variants of the deadly birds. Logical that .Ke will have to upgrade. The timing of such a move or choices is for the KDF top brass to decide. Of course, it's ok for anyone can speculate because it has entertainment value.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 13:24

So - lemme see if I get what is said. If you can't see it, it don't exist? And logically then the thirty-some Tigers vanished sometimes in December last year?

Running the two minute dash from LAB to Nyayo stadium cost a hell of lost of money for a squadron of Tigers and more even for a squadron of Eagles. Far as I can tell the UNSC has not reimbursed a cent for OLN apart from Allowances of the first BG. These Public displays also serve various levels of training which is not in short supply with our activities on Soomaliya.

If every Military Hardware had to be publicly put on display to " exist" then our Armouries would be little different from Butchery Display counters. And even then, still have to settle questions whether it shoots at all.

The reason Militaries are constantly war-gaming is also to review and update every Threat and develop a Response Matrix to each. These Assessments are not static conclusions and you dang well know so. Ethiopia was our greatest Military Concern in Kenyana during Mengistu reign due to the unstable adventurous of the regime. And as M7 mellows with his longevity, our Threat Assessment from Uganda decreases to insignificance. GoSS has top-spot now - probably also the case with Uganda.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Dec 09 2012, 16:41

Flying Crane wrote:
countersniper wrote:when did the last time the tigers were seen in public flight formation?

@risasi i didn’t know it hurts that bad when a neighbour has a 4th gen fighter..... all what you posted above is mud sling erring

its not personal all missile guidance system operate in that way when in close proximity. once a channel has been engage you just have to wait until the missile strike home before using it for another target.however it is possible for two missiles ride toward the same target usingcoordinates that are being broadcasted on that frequency.

Last edited by Risasi on Mon Dec 10 2012, 07:26; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:02

ole Nkarei wrote:GoSS has top-spot now - probably also the case with Uganda.

True that. It's unfortunate but true that new nations have a high propensity to pick fights, many times with the very hand that fed them in the past.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mkenya Tue Dec 11 2012, 13:24

ole Nkarei wrote:
Mkenya wrote:Hi guys,our fighters are "relics" by today's air war standards bt in top notch shape.We have bn able to nurture F-5 programme frm late 70s and still impressive in the 21st century use for our national/regional defence like OLN where they hv continued to fast air support with remarkable success.Its time our four stars nurture another program like the Su-30MK1 Flanker-H multirole (unit cost US$29.3 million) with advanced avionics,BVR capabilities,laser guided capabilities for precision drops.For starters 6-8 units spread over LAB,Wajir,Eldoret & Mombasa FOB to reinforce our Tigers squadrons plus superb training to our air cowboys KDF style i guarantee we could rule this Eastern Africa airspace to mid this century.I gather we evaluating sme soviet birds in LAB we can only wait to see which bird will replace or supplement our Fighting 5 units.

Eeeish, Ndungu #Kenya! There are no Russian Fighter Craft in LAB Wajir Mombasa Manda Eldoret or anywhere in Kenya neither expected!

We got "bird" under evaluation,conversion likely once the decision is made to go Ruskie(my 2sense).Tigers spotted overhead last week....tomorrow wait for the rumble of the 5s! Tucanos/Buffs/Dash8/Pumas & Hips inbound for flypast too.

Talking of Buffs since we got several unserviceable units in MAB,maybe we shld look into the proposed DHC-5NG series upgrade by Viking Air in Calgary,UK:glass cockpit/night vision/six blade propeller PW 150 turboprop engine with lower maintenance cost(upgrade straight off the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400) if the cost will not cost us an arm & a tooth.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:29

Risasi wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:

its not personal all missile guidance system operate in that way when in close proximity. once a channel has been engage you just have to wait until the missile strike home before using it for another target.however it is possible for two missiles ride toward the same target usingcoordinates that are being broadcasted on that frequency.

we should maybe even go the israeli way, or should we?
http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000072643&story_title=Kenya-Israeli-%27Mossad-Spy%27-captured-in-Sudan
this just made my day

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next