THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 30 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  areba Fri Oct 19 2012, 15:48

Been watching in interesting documentary on Israeli Military doctrine, and some references were made to the six day war with her neighbours in the sixties. Much can be learnt from this tiny nation and if that is the kind of Iron we are using to sharpen ours, then Id say im not surprised... For instance,

During the first 24 hours, israeli airforce took a maximum of 8 minutes to refuel, re-arm and take off their mirages destined for Misri, and at any one instance a plane was dumping munitions on the pharaohs, enroute to doing the same, enroute back, taking off, landing and being refuelled / rearmed. Over that period, Egypt had only 4 minutes between breaks..... SMH....
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 19 2012, 16:36

areba wrote:Been watching in interesting documentary on Israeli Military doctrine, and some references were made to the six day war with her neighbours in the sixties. Much can be learnt from this tiny nation and if that is the kind of Iron we are using to sharpen ours, then Id say im not surprised... For instance,

During the first 24 hours, israeli airforce took a maximum of 8 minutes to refuel, re-arm and take off their mirages destined for Misri, and at any one instance a plane was dumping munitions on the pharaohs, enroute to doing the same, enroute back, taking off, landing and being refuelled / rearmed. Over that period, Egypt had only 4 minutes between breaks..... SMH....
To me the real miracle of this war is the Tank battles in the Sinai. Audacious, surprising and at best insane attacks on the Egyptian armour. Their coordination and dedication is enviable!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 30 Empty Mashujaa Day.

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 19 2012, 16:39

Tomorrow is Mashujaa day, crazy security at Nyayo stadium. This year i honour Erastus Chemorei, the selfless GSU man who'd rather die than give up the key to the 6.5B drugs safe. SALUTE!http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000046628&pageNo=1
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Oct 19 2012, 17:39

jasiri wrote:This year i honour Erastus Chemorei, the selfless GSU man who'd rather die than give up the key to the 6.5B drugs safe. SALUTE!http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000046628&pageNo=1
+1 on that..
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Oct 19 2012, 17:51

jasiri wrote:To me the real miracle of this war is the Tank battles in the Sinai. Audacious, surprising and at best insane attacks on the Egyptian armour. Their coordination and dedication is enviable!
Indeed, considering it hadn't been too long from the holocaust, with probably many of the survivors still in their prime, this must have felt much like the chilling de ja vu from years back. Interestingly water was the source of conflict. I wonder if the Nile portends as real a threat for full scale confrontation as the gulan heights are/were....
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 19 2012, 17:57

ole Nkarei wrote:Times like this that I get mad with @Vitruvian @Mekatilili etc - where in heavens ate you? Me, I am just a "point-and-shoot" fella who is way in over my head on the philosophy of this subject.

@Batian - that hardline islamic philosophy was coined nearly 1500 years ago by persons whose worldview was restricted to their warring cousins. Its relevance today would presuppose that the human condition has not evolved one damn bit since - hell even our understanding of God must move in tandem with our understanding of the Nature God created lest God becomes superfluous to humankind.

We cannot engage with these cavemen on their terms because that with be a reversal of whatever evolution that has been. We regress back to time.

Sammy has been in Afghanistan ten years and made no progress for exactly thus reason - his war strategy is no different from that of the savages he fights. And engaging them on their terms, Sammy will certainly loose even if he fights the Taliban to a stalemate.

Torture is just one rang below Cannibalism, my brothers.

@Kabbooz - the UNSC is the executive political arm of the United Nation and their deliberations are driven by the various feet Policy and administrative Agencies formed by the UN. All members of the Council have OnE vote though five of them have weighted VETO votes. Kigali will not have greater influence on matters before the Council because she will have the same rights to canvass the Council line she had before joining the Council. I see no effect at all.
Well, it's just that you've argued against torture so convincingly - both philosophically and practically - and with such authority, that there really isn't much to add.
In fact, HokumA and I don't believe that you're a uniform at all. You must be one of those ultra-liberal, goody-two-shoes NGO types, drifting high above the clouds in your own personal Nirvana with no conception of reality, who watches Woody Allen and Meryl Streep movies only. And you definitely own a cat. The rest of us, thank goodness, are securely anchored in terra firma and understand that it is often necessary to cast off the shackles of humanity and dehumanise the antagonist in a manner most inhumane for the Greater Good of humankind. Or just for the bloody fun of it (pun intended).
Though you may just point-and-shoot, Tom, your aim is accurate and you take out the intended target. No collateral damage, no wasted ammo. Me, I just push the shiny red button (the one with "Do Not Push!" written on it) and kablaaam! Fallout and everything, then we spend the next fortnight mopping up the forum, to everyone's chagrin. Already, Jasiri has taken a leave of absence, twiddling his thumbs very impatiently, waiting for us to stop arguing with the Torquemada Fan Club so that we may move away from medieval nostalgia and discuss matters that have a more 21st century relevance to them.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Fri Oct 19 2012, 18:39

@Jas - the Vickers and AMRV/ APC is great topic. Let's slay this dragon of "Torture" first. Ama?
If we've killed the dragon,let's open the AMRV.APC manenos,please! I don' think I'm the only one waiting.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 19 2012, 18:54

Batian wrote:@ON
How shall we finally slay this "dragon" called torture considering the global brotherhood of mujahedeen sleepers have perpetuated the inclusiveness of jihad as a basis for their religion making death of the "kaffir" an element of righteousness. A religious rite that has evolved from the 1500 is more riveted in killing in the name of god.

Death through any means other than natural ways is inexplicable and there is no justified way of dying and hence there is also no justified reason to kill. The right to live or die remains in the hands of the creator.

Yeah, difficult query this; struggled with it in shule last year. Torture is simply intolerable in KDF Rank and File and Officer Corps. That is an essential cog in KDF Military Doctrine.

Sammy has 60% of Global GDP and spends in excess of $50trillion on Defense yearly. With that kinda of punch, why has primitive villagers in Afghanistan fought him to a standstill over ten years? Sammy sends B-1A bombers after a fella with an AK47 and an RPG wearing pajamas and indiscriminately kills everything that lives on those mountains in Afghanistan - humans, animals, plants, birds. This savagery sickens the world. Despite all that wealth Sammy behaves no better than the Taliban savage he seeks to exterminate. It is Doctrine.

Because Sammy's world is so unequal and full of freewheeling savagery, his Military Doctrine is a reflection of this savagery which has become institutionalized in her Military doctrine that treat enemy combatants no better than animals - slaughter them in their thousands even when the need to is long gone: trash and desecrate their dead, torture and mutilate their PoWs. For the savage Taliban, that is kawaida maneno; for Sammy who seeks to rule the world, that just won't fly - and so the world grows in opposition to Sammy reacting the Sammy's repressed savagery or regressed evolution.

How do we deal with the jihadist? In a civilian environment - through application of the due process and strengthening the laws if due process is ineffectual or inadequate. In a Military environment - drawing a distinction through aggressive Intel between Combattant enemie and non-combattant unfriendly and putting a couple of 5.56mm pallets in the head of every motherf...that raises a hostile head in theater. A clear choice to live or die. No torture.j

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Oct 19 2012, 22:10

jasiri wrote:Tomorrow is Mashujaa day, ........... This year i honour Erastus Chemorei,

I lost you there bro, wasn't he a 'Jambazi Sugu'? or is he a double?
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Oct 20 2012, 01:52

Sierra Kilo wrote:
jasiri wrote:Tomorrow is Mashujaa day, ........... This year i honour Erastus Chemorei,

He was neither, nor. He was executed by rogue members of the Kenya Police because he refused to cooperate. After the 6.5B drugs were transferred to the GSU HQ, he and one senior man in K.P command today were given keys to the safe housing the drugs. The idea was, one man needed the other to open the safe. The chose this man because according to his service record, he was rigid in his belief of fairness and justice.
Days later, the Armenian brothers came to town to facilitate the 'disposal' of those drugs. one problem...Chemorei. So the big guns sent a detachment to his house to 'acquire' the key from him. He refused. Seeing he was not cooperating, they executed him and forced a neighbour who had come to purchase a cow from him to eat his brains! Mad Mad Mad All this was done while his family watched.
To cover up the story, the Kenya Police issued a statement that he was a jambazi sugu n that they had been looking for him for many a day(reminds u of the Wanugu n Wacucu story).
No story epitomises institutionalised criminalism than this one. We have a lot of ghosts in our collective security forces.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Sat Oct 20 2012, 04:07

The crackdown is on! Even as the poster boys and girls of the "Pwani si Kenya" movement are arraigned in court, do not forget that the benefactors of this well oiled machine are still with us. We can therefore settle for crudity in spite of the smarts on display in OLN or stamp the authority of the state and beat them at their other game.

The MRC's clout is greatly exaggerated! The residents of the Coast that respond with "Pwani NI KENYA" far outnumber this radical group. Sadly, the media shines the spotlight on the fringe and the government fails to enable those in the majority.

Freedoms-speech-can be offensive but within the confines of the law, we should all be allowed to express our views.It is ultimately up to the GOK to ensure that those boundaries are set and respected. Reactionaries will forget that the government has the muscle to tame the MRC lest they choose violence and the means to drown them out if they choose propaganda.

Prop up those in the majority: Pwani Ni Kenya Group, The Kenya Muslim National Advisory Council, Association of Muslim Organistions in Kenya-instead of arguing over which testicle to squeeze!

How else do you think we still own Puerto Rico and Guam.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1536536/-/xsnlxpz/-/index.html
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Oct 20 2012, 06:40

@ON your bosses (taxpayer/citizen/forumers) are giving you a run for their money on the Torture subject. aren''t they? Very Happy Very Happy

continue guys am enjoying myself with a glass of Ugandans finest Warage.Cool
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sat Oct 20 2012, 08:17

mekatilili wrote:The crackdown is on! Even as the poster boys and girls of the "Pwani si Kenya" movement are arraigned in court, do not forget that the benefactors of this well oiled machine are still with us. We can therefore settle for crudity in spite of the smarts on display in OLN or stamp the authority of the state and beat them at their other game.

The MRC's clout is greatly exaggerated! The residents of the Coast that respond with "Pwani NI KENYA" far outnumber this radical group. Sadly, the media shines the spotlight on the fringe and the government fails to enable those in the majority.

Freedoms-speech-can be offensive but within the confines of the law, we should all be allowed to express our views.It is ultimately up to the GOK to ensure that those boundaries are set and respected. Reactionaries will forget that the government has the muscle to tame the MRC lest they choose violence and the means to drown them out if they choose propaganda.

Prop up those in the majority: Pwani Ni Kenya Group, The Kenya Muslim National Advisory Council, Association of Muslim Organistions in Kenya-instead of arguing over which testicle to squeeze!

How else do you think we still own Puerto Rico and Guam.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1536536/-/xsnlxpz/-/index.html

With you on this brother Mekts! What people need to understand is that MRC is not as popular as claimed. real issue and how to manage it is when the majority who don't like them and their tag start reacting against them, it creates a chaotic scenario. e.g some pwani c kenya hooligans attempt to disrupt a rally then Pwani-Kenya residents turn against them and lynches them. even though MRC losses, chaos has already happened. MRC and their sponsors just need to look for better things to do. Let us just see how things turn out with the court having 're-outlawed' the group. @crane when the waragi hang-over clears would you help offer slightest hint at whether you guys and tall thin one out of 'necessity' work for/or against relative calm in Eastern DRC? the so called UN seems very firm in their allegation http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20013725

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sat Oct 20 2012, 08:38

jasiri wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:

He was neither, nor. He was executed by rogue members of the Kenya Police because he refused to cooperate. After the 6.5B drugs were transferred to the GSU HQ, he and one senior man in K.P command today were given keys to the safe housing the drugs. The idea was, one man needed the other to open the safe. The chose this man because according to his service record, he was rigid in his belief of fairness and justice.
Days later, the Armenian brothers came to town to facilitate the 'disposal' of those drugs. one problem...Chemorei. So the big guns sent a detachment to his house to 'acquire' the key from him. He refused. Seeing he was not cooperating, they executed him and forced a neighbour who had come to purchase a cow from him to eat his brains! Mad Mad Mad All this was done while his family watched.
To cover up the story, the Kenya Police issued a statement that he was a jambazi sugu n that they had been looking for him for many a day(reminds u of the Wanugu n Wacucu story).
No story epitomises institutionalised criminalism than this one. We have a lot of ghosts in our collective security forces.

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedSurprised⭕o⭕o⭕o:(SadSadSadSadSadSad
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Oct 20 2012, 09:50

Kobooz wrote:

With you on this brother Mekts! What people need to understand is that MRC is not as popular as claimed. real issue and how to manage it is when the majority who don't like them and their tag start reacting against them, it creates a chaotic scenario. e.g some pwani c kenya hooligans attempt to disrupt a rally then Pwani-Kenya residents turn against them and lynches them. even though MRC losses, chaos has already happened. MRC and their sponsors just need to look for better things to do. Let us just see how things turn out with the court having 're-outlawed' the group. @crane when the waragi hang-over clears would you help offer slightest hint at whether you guys and tall thin one out of 'necessity' work for/or against relative calm in Eastern DRC? the so called UN seems very firm in their allegation http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20013725

I have this bad feeling that the NMG has a hidden agenda. Mad Mad

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 20 2012, 19:09

Flying Crane wrote:@ON your bosses (taxpayer/citizen/forumers) are giving you a run for their money on the Torture subject. aren''t they? Very Happy Very Happy

It sure feels that way, @Crane. We got some hot blood on the Forum!

But you curl down on your couch with a bottle of good changaa instead of giving a brother some cover-fire? Haha!

Anyway, back to basics, I reckon. About MBTs AMRVs - @ Jas, what is the size and composition of out Armored Corps?

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Oct 20 2012, 21:56

As far as i know, this is what we have
+76 Vickers Mk3 MBT's
+110 T-72 AV MBT's
+72 Panhard AML's armoured recce vehicles (tank killers)
+7 Vickers ARV's
There are some crazy numbers and types there allegedly owned by the KDF by i choose not to add them hapa.
I also know we operate the swingfire n MILAN anti-armour weapons though i don't have the numbers.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Sun Oct 21 2012, 08:27

tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Oct 21 2012, 08:53

ole Nkarei wrote: About MBTs AMRVs - @ Jas, what is the size and composition of out Armored Corps?

@ON
I had to check again to confirm who asked the young horn this interesting question. Aisee, am i missing something here?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 30 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Sun Oct 21 2012, 23:47

just saw this and had to share it
http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/DN2/The+Battle+for+Hoosingo/-/957860/1538416/-/item/1/-/soffx9z/-/index.html

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 10:56

proud kenyan wrote:just saw this and had to share it
http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/DN2/The+Battle+for+Hoosingo/-/957860/1538416/-/item/1/-/soffx9z/-/index.html

nice staff the kebaabs can plan but that wasn't their day

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Mon Oct 22 2012, 12:20

mchoraji wrote:

Good story, a kind of what goes behind the scenes as a battle rages on. However the accompayning photo is of Somali National Army commandos, not KDF.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Interloper Mon Oct 22 2012, 12:48

aggressor one wrote:
mchoraji wrote:

Good story, a kind of what goes behind the scenes as a battle rages on. However the accompayning photo is of Somali National Army commandos, not KDF.

I wondered too. Those guys are clutching AKs.
Interloper
Interloper

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 22 2012, 14:33

ole Nkarei wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:@ON your bosses (taxpayer/citizen/forumers) are giving you a run for their money on the Torture subject. aren''t they? Very Happy Very Happy

But you curl down on your couch with a bottle of good changaa instead of giving a brother some cover-fire? Haha!

Anyway, back to basics, I reckon. About MBTs AMRVs - @ Jas, what is the size and composition of out Armored Corps?

Sir where is an article on Chronicle posted back in 2009 which has a lot of refrences to a certain Major Nkarie, comments. http://nairobichronicle.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/army-major-defends-t-72-tanks-purchase/.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 22 2012, 14:50

"To nurture an aviation unit founded on discipline, united by an internalized spirit-de corps and focused by a unity of purpose as spelled out by the commanders' intent by carrying out through relevant and realistic training in order to accomplish our role within the Commanders vision of the Army."

Lovely words makes one feel motivated and committed to server this Great Nation cheers
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 22 2012, 17:24

Have you guys finished? We need to move on and discuss military stuff. The topic on the Vicker MBTs sounds interesting. I can hardly wait.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 22 2012, 17:31

ole Nkarei wrote:

Hey bro, it is almost becoming impossible to "locate" you. Your avatar has been changing with an alarming frequency. I like this new one though. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Tue Oct 23 2012, 09:31

Anyone know whats happening down in TZ? Is it a case of social media exxagerations or is there some real threat of religious based extremism cropping up?
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 23 2012, 10:44

areba wrote:Anyone know whats happening down in TZ? Is it a case of social media exxagerations or is there some real threat of religious based extremism cropping up?

They are presently dealing with their equivalent of our MRC menace
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:04

mogen wrote:

They are presently dealing with their equivalent of our MRC menace

Ow, Is that all there is? and is there a corellation between the seccessionist island and the attacks and burning of churches in the wake of dessecration of the bible by a child?
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next