THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Thu May 09 2013, 00:33

where we wold be if they were part of the hammer operated by the tank guys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K2_Black_Panther

has even/is in the process of siring another machine..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_%28tank%29

the black sharks in the sky, any of these monsters on the ground, and its a different ball game altogether, kuonwa kwa umbali

any uniform with updates on sector two and how neutralization operations are ongoing?

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Thu May 09 2013, 09:42

proud kenyan wrote:where we wold be if they were part of the hammer operated by the tank guys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K2_Black_Panther

has even/is in the process of siring another machine..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_%28tank%29

the black sharks in the sky, any of these monsters on the ground, and its a different ball game altogether, kuonwa kwa umbali

any uniform with updates on sector two and how neutralization operations are ongoing?

Saudi Arabia may be buying some of these Turkish Altay tanks. They look good:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htarm/articles/20130508.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Defence nominee Raychelle Omamo defends military spending secrecy

Post  Olekoima Tue May 14 2013, 18:37

This is indeed the right thing to do. You can't open military procurement to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Doing so will compromise the country's security:-
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Raychelle-Omamo-defends-military-spending-secrecy/-/539546/1847522/-/ofu0a7z/-/index.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Wed May 15 2013, 22:40

congrats to all uniforms that made this possible, also appreciating the brave soldiers KIA for this to be a reality

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Ahmed_Madobe_elected_first_president_of_Jubaland_in_landslide_victory.shtml

sidenote: where does this leave the other "soldier" who arrived in chai town some time back?

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Fri May 17 2013, 17:35

proud kenyan wrote:congrats to all uniforms that made this possible, also appreciating the brave soldiers KIA for this to be a reality

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Ahmed_Madobe_elected_first_president_of_Jubaland_in_landslide_victory.shtml

sidenote: where does this leave the other "soldier" who arrived in chai town some time back?

Between Amisom and KDF, it is an uninteresting affair, but in a more interesting high sense of far-sightedness, the presence of KDF in somalia is a key foundation to effectively combating terror within kenya. The operation of boots in those sectors has made they themselves achieve a great sense of pride in securing the long-term savory geopolitical interest for kenyana.
....The truth of the matter it is safer in southern somalia (ask @O.N. this matter) than outskirts of mandera and garissa thanks to the combined effort of deployed boots on the ground....
…. Fighting militants in a nation with an eye for sophistication like kenya is continously proving difficult. In this current digital dispensation Structured formations that was a pride in itself during the analogue..falls short and requires a high level of technical competence and sophisticated equipment. Re-investing the security forces with more modernized equipment in a place themselves have failed to tackle corruption is a challenge which means if there is any goodwill to get the most modern equipment, be substituted for ineffective ones...
..this could have began way back when unforgettable acts of terror took place in kenyana. Just other day Tanzania was hit by a blast, meaning, the beacon of umoja na amani (kenyana) is quickly diminishing. proving those that were previosuly elected did not excersice thought and deserves a lot of thought exercised by the current leadership.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun May 19 2013, 02:03

We could have a homemade Drone in the Future
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22 2013, 02:16

Just a quick "steal" for you chaps.

A critical Strat-dilemma has been how to effectively manifest Aggressor-Force- Projection (Fixed & Rotary Air. & SOCOM) within Kenyana without a massive expansion of Ground-Handing facilities, within the severe Budgetary constraints we face. Our hip-shot suggestion was to go the Swiss-way.

Finally GoK has bought into this and prioritised it - every major highway in Kenya, present and future, is to have designated & Secured Military-grade Aircraft Landing & Handling Zones running adjacent to Vehicular and Rail traffic! Dammmee!

The Uniforms here must be frothing as I am at the possibilities and implications of this.

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed May 22 2013, 06:01

ole Nkarei wrote:Just a quick "steal" for you chaps.

A critical Strat-dilemma has been how to effectively manifest Aggressor-Force- Projection (Fixed & Rotary Air. & SOCOM) within Kenyana without a massive expansion of Ground-Handing facilities, within the severe Budgetary constraints we face. Our hip-shot suggestion was to go the Swiss-way.

Finally GoK has bought into this and prioritised it - every major highway in Kenya, present and future, is to have designated & Secured Military-grade Aircraft Landing & Handling Zones running adjacent to Vehicular and Rail traffic! Dammmee!

The Uniforms here must be frothing as I am at the possibilities and implications of this.

The Gripes will be a good addition to the Flyboys....
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed May 22 2013, 12:10

maneno ndiyo hayo....Very Happy lucrative I can say...... the runway deal is in action "under the radar" as termed by young tucks.
it evolved from existing flying procedures; in every flight nominate an emergency patch just in case. this safety procedure evolved from the Buffalo Crash in Kaloleni ,if you guys can remember. at the Snag the crew wasn,t sure if they should return to MAB or belly Land at Nyayo stadium. thats then fast forward today; its mandatory to have an several designated emergency patch along your flight route (schools, roads, stadiums )just incase. the nominated patches are now evolving from passive to active gazetted areas and roads with procedures to be carried out during war time or in case the existing AB runways are incapacitated.
kwa hayo mafupi mambo ndiyo hayo Very Happy tafsirini

Last edited by Risasi on Wed May 22 2013, 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed May 22 2013, 12:20

kijana I think the wanabe disassembled a toy play mounted it on a fibre platform installed a camera cell phone and watchedd the flight from Skype via safaricom .

WE CANNOT RUN MILLITARY AFFAIRS FROM SKYPE...Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil

seriously its like taking a LCD tv internals and mounting them on a wooded frame and call it indigenous made LCD TV
cylon wrote:

Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Chai town opinion

Post  proud kenyan Wed May 22 2013, 20:35

somehow on the point in some parts
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-/440808/1858968/-/jiq5nqz/-/index.html

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Crazy town interference

Post  proud kenyan Wed May 22 2013, 20:53

http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/world/somalia/2973-jubaland-and-the-future-of-federalism-in-somalia

if this were to happen would kenya be ready to chase back all refugees without blinking an eye or even caring about their security? would the Ugandan contigent also remove itself from theatre and leave the johnny-leaning president to continue leaning on johnny who would have fled the scene?

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun May 26 2013, 01:56

Risasi wrote:kijana I think the wanabe disassembled a toy play mounted it on a fibre platform installed a camera cell phone and watchedd the flight from Skype via safaricom .

WE CANNOT RUN MILLITARY AFFAIRS FROM SKYPE...Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil

seriously its like taking a LCD tv internals and mounting them on a wooded frame and call it indigenous made LCD TV
cylon wrote:

its a prototype with more funds i don't see why he can't make his own light weight composite plastics or even be innovative and he uses Bamboo. Or even make the screens and other electronic devices
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty local drone

Post  Sayaret matkal Sun May 26 2013, 22:23

iv been in the shadows for waay too long, almost gathered some dust infact.

@cylone I take with a pinch of salt your theories and prospects regarding our beloved kdf as they usually seem rather unrealistic, that, i have to admit. However i do agree completely that that drone guy has got something going. couple him up with sm creative folks at jkuat giv them some funding and im sure they will come up with smthng formidable (for the moment a pipe dream by a long shot). @risasi its unlike you to be soo dismissive, especially towards something that looks so promising...its pretty smart wat that kid did.ever heard about the 2007 kibaki and Raila pc viruses that originated from a dormroom at jkuat? very ugly posters i must say but the coding left lots of software engineers at Microsoft...kaspersky a couple of sleepless nights. lesson? dnt be too quick to shoot him down.

and what is this shamefull business?? alshabaab kidnapping policeofficers!! hasnt the force oh sorry the service been through enaff embarrassment for 1 month..sigh. i suggest the 50th to assist in border patrol
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun May 26 2013, 23:13

Damn!! Where have you been man? In the 2nd quarter of last year I was crying-amok all-over TEA to wake you up, only to find you on the run. Welcome back Sayaret, feels good to be joined again by your old folks, have a biased-sniff of that Kenyan tobbacco!! Na hiyo Kirauni si ya 'Shadows' : D Very Happy

Well, the stuff happening in Chai-town is entirely kept off the grid. It's a dangerous game which is being played in there. It's extremely delicate & harmful, one you ain't supposed to lose by any stretch of imagination. And remember it isn't a kids game either. Totally nothing to do with "Senseless-show-of-firepower, Fancy-impersonal-nationalistic-orgasmic-massages". Tis all about the greater good of mankind & the survival of a Human-race that has been neglected and rekindled for centuries, who has just opened his eyes & is about to explode against all odds. Just that.

Just save Risasi some slack as it pertains his stance on the local thing. I remember him saying that "Swaggering ain't one of their favourite".
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty kdf

Post  Sayaret matkal Mon May 27 2013, 00:30

hehe nice to be back cycoh ooh dont you worry about sledgehammer i was singing louder than you i bet!! Chai nlikunywa mtungi cheers if you know what i mean Cool. thank you for the welcome! btw convenient of you to be tha first to acknowledge my landing. whats the spooks perspective on hii western maneno? politics? im alil apprehensive about accepting a political angle, nwy are the blues on top of the situation ama camo could be called in? seems like they need your assets focused more pande iyo..about @risasi, il cut him some slack, probably he was just having a bad day.. bwana risasi no offense meant.

iv bn catching up on a Tom Clancy classic, DEbt Of HonOR, great read so far. a lot on counter intelligence and the inseperable bond between the economy and the military.
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty kdf

Post  Sayaret matkal Mon May 27 2013, 00:41

@cycoh i just want that theatre brought to a close and all boys brought back home. this new developement while our d.o and the immi.officer are still missing is not acceptable. the brass should have sent sm boys over to lock the boarder a bit tighter..a rapid air response team for the northern region wouldnt be a bad idea.what say you about this crossboarder policepost raids?
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon May 27 2013, 02:22

Sahii ni saa ngapi nduguzanguni?? Very Happy Very Happy usigizi kwisha ama muko kwa hadaki?? Haya I do believe they are talents out there lakini based on that clip. The remote control unit suggests that it comes from an organised manufacturing line rather than assembling parts at the backyard garage. Hapao tuu..
If he is making a Childs toy sawa saw I have no beef with him in fact I wish him the best of luck…. lakini weapons grade items he wouldn't meet the standards.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Mon May 27 2013, 09:52

seems like the alshabaab are at it again.....pray they never execute these hostages in public for them to be taken seriously....
i don't like this daring move....
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon May 27 2013, 12:57

You are a one bloody-patriot!! Mtungi? Hehehe!! And don't mistake me for a uniform, just check my Avatar, I'm sort of a cross-breed between Civvies & uniforms. I usually rely mostly on open sources from the wider Kenyana, of which it's a must to have a 'first' before the 'News' are released Online...It can either get a go or be put aside. And then comes the part of pulling peaces on the board to draw logical analysis- Here we call the Shots dang good with such precision. Matters of local Intell is gradually being left to the CID - 60% currently. The mother parastatal is postioning itself "Regionally" despite some problems. We should even as of now be operating our own Air-assets, were it not for politicizing the Agency since 1998, when it was formed. Personally, I'm deeply sorry for those affected in that cross-boarder scenario. It was a fatal failure from the CID chaps (NFD their 'first') & it can be mitigated, And again we are Humans man, not angels, blunders will always come in handy- until they perfect.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon May 27 2013, 13:48

The Military is staying in Somalia until such a time when the Market there will be ready for our Goods & Services, And you mentioned a book about the Economy nexus the Military? Then you got a whole bunch of reasons to have your military in Somalia on your desk!! Enclosing KDF within the borders doesn't erase the script a bit, that would definitely amount to a 'Dead-chamber misfire, a hollowpoint dud'. No other country in Africa has dared to venture into this kind of a "Game"- What does that tell you about Kenya? This is a chap code-named Intelligence for crying out loud! Where can you sent him undercover? In the NSIS's Kilimambogo Hills? Very Happy Happily, beneath the Military's nostalgic veneer & its aural of flimsy misinformation lies a mature ambiguity, uncommon with Peace Keeping / Peace Enforcement Ops.. ..If you know what I mean. And to pre-empt your next question, just remember @Spartan's Signature; "We don't thrive on Military acts, we do them because we have to..."
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayaret matkal Mon May 27 2013, 16:18

i do recognise your avatar cycoh..wuldnt miss it. i did mention a 'spooks perspective' mm? wow u think the blues cn contain internal threats? i have to say, id feel safer with you guys keeping watch..nwy i hope the decision to leave local matters to them was well informed. on the zoomaliya theatre, lots of rumours being pushed around about us being there for a while longer..well the sooner the objectives are archieved the better. i dn like the idea of a detachment held out there whatever the size. no kia's btw so far since chai n thats a good thing.

this Kenyana maneno is coming together quite fast ey? what do you mean regional positioning? do you anticipate a threat from any of the neighbours?
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon May 27 2013, 18:27

Sayaret matkal wrote:... wow u think the blues cn contain internal threats?
Definitely. The chaps are Intel-cally fed by their CID counterparts, a Unit that is definitely coming of age, & we usually engage them in cross-trainings ocassionally.
...on the zoomaliya theatre, lots of rumours being pushed that we are moving out shortly...

It will depend on where the 'rumours' are popping up from. Either from the 'gullible Somali-diaspora, the Al kebabs (unlikely) or from the KDF Propaganda machinery, hope you read my line here;
...Happily, beneath the Military's nolstagic veneer & its aural of flimsy Misinformation lies a mature ambiguity, uncommon with PKO/PEO Ops...
..what do you mean regional positioning? do you anticipate a threat from any of the neighbours?
No threat at all. Just taking responsibity as a "Principal" of a "School". This way; 'Kenyana' is a synonym for 'NATO', 'Role of USA in NATO' is synonym for the 'Role of Kenya in Kenyana'.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Kismayu Maneno

Post  proud kenyan Tue May 28 2013, 02:11

this chai town maneno is too crazy to follow..eventually all i see is madobe being declared leader of the interim administration, after which he would seek to work behind the backs of the SFG to shield his area of administration (jubbaland) from any future insecurities brought about by a possible failure of hassan to nail down his authority on somalia in general, and in particular crazy town. the fact that hassan decided to bring in hirale may come back to bite him on his behind as hirale would not be in a position to 'accept' the decision to take away the job he was going to carry out in jubbaland, hence may form direct opposition to the president, maybe use the political process to overthrow him and have himself on the seat as president. then madobe would be one of the first people to sing his praises, and hassan would only grasp what occurred after he is out of power. was this what @ ON was hinting towards when he claimed that hirale was there only as a check to madobe in chai town, maybe why hirale was released to the kenyans in the early days of OLN? i know i sound abit crazy, but it seems anything can happen in crazy somalia.

in matters NFD and the constant kebaabs cross-border incursions, best bet would be to seal off the area and let loose the red berets as well as the RDU, but under a KDF leader/mentor as well as some MI guys embeded with the CID chaps (for purposes of transfer of intel gathering and analysis techniques and preparing the best possible actionable intel memos), as well as COIN ops on homeland and a given ops radius inside zoomaliya. combining this together with good comms tech for the boots on ground, adequate mobility as well as sound strategies,the end result would be a calmer NFD, would give adequate time for a sound strategy concerning matters NFD security to be drawn up and actualised on the ground, as well as removal of and subsequent replacement of most if not all compromised security personnel on the ground. just my sleep-controlled analysis, welcomed to correct where my dreams kicked in.

all in all, our uniforms have shown they have more patience than i do, i would have pulled out the KDF from kismayu and see how the SFG and others claiming power would have dealt with them for a period of about 1 day or two,then they would have seen the wisdom in advice from KDF in their power battles. hats off to all you uniforms

Last edited by proud kenyan on Tue May 28 2013, 02:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra addition to the previous posting)

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Tue May 28 2013, 21:21

Risasi wrote:Sahii ni saa ngapi nduguzanguni?? Very Happy Very Happy usigizi kwisha ama muko kwa hadaki?? Haya I do believe they are talents out there lakini based on that clip. The remote control unit suggests that it comes from an organised manufacturing line rather than assembling parts at the backyard garage. Hapao tuu..
If he is making a Childs toy sawa saw I have no beef with him in fact I wish him the best of luck…. lakini weapons grade items he wouldn't meet the standards.

Sad to learn of the passing-on of former F5 squadron pilot Lt Col Kibata. A quick question @ Risai, do the external pilots serving in our new uav squadron have to be commissioned officers? If able to answer!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayaret matkal Tue May 28 2013, 22:29

oh i get you @cycoh we are just taking our position as 'baba yao' in kenyana.glad to know kenyana is NOT only theoretical. yea i did get the line, conscious and intentional misinformation..propaganda is an ageold war tactic apparently so well done by those chaps in som that even we, wenye kujua mengi kuhusu vita dhidi ya alkebaab get thrown off at tyms.smoke screened pap.salute to whoever is incharge of counterintelligence. they deployed sm boots to trck down the damned kidnappers..we epect sm results soon atleast before those savages slay our brothers.
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed May 29 2013, 00:37

Kobooz wrote:
Risasi wrote:Sahii ni saa ngapi nduguzanguni?? Very Happy Very Happy usigizi kwisha ama muko kwa hadaki?? Haya I do believe they are talents out there lakini based on that clip. The remote control unit suggests that it comes from an organised manufacturing line rather than assembling parts at the backyard garage. Hapao tuu..

Sad to learn of the passing-on of former F5 squadron pilot Lt Col Kibata. A quick question @ Risai, do the external pilots serving in our new uav squadron have to be commissioned officers? If able to answer!
hehehhehe kwanza tuelezane how you knew about that squadron...because it hasn,t come to the day light...you guys dig a lot hahah anyway its allow. its you country.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 29 2013, 07:02

UAV Squadron - formative and taking shape. Those structures you are sniffing about @Kabooz will clarify as the Command gets defined and established. But as has become our Mantra, focus is in growing local capacity going forth - these are early times. Btw - have you got Kenya's "back" ama wengine magaidi?

The C-in-C told Sheikh Muhmoud and his inner Cabinet two days ago in Addis what should have been said kitambo - that we know of the nexus between his Government and Alkebaab that has unofficially used Alkebaab to propagate Government domestic and foreign policy. And that Kenya will not tolerate anynfurther killing of Kenyan Civilians and Police on the Border by armed brigands from Soomaliya every time coincidentally SFG had a sticky point to make about a domestic issue. And that the C-in-C had a sacred personal duty to protect Kenya unrestricted by method and Time. It is hardly a secret that reformed and current leadership of Alkebaab have influence and power inside the SFG as they did the TFG. And that both Governments have used AlKebaab are personalised hidden unofficial Militia inside and across the border. SGG has not even pretended to have programs to confront and defeat Alkebaab and the fighting has been left to AMISOM and local herdsmen and tribal Militia. Meantime, to get our attentions, an ocassional raid in Garissa and an egress in Mandera and Moyale. And frequent false intwl about suicide bombers headed for Uganda and Burundi. The Dollars and Euro chasing each other to Mogadishu! Damn these buggers. So, Uhuru threw down the gauntlet and in very plain words told Muhmoud the game is up.

The shocked SFG scrambled to effect Damage Control including issuing a misrepresented interpretation of the IGAD directive post the Madobe election that was as clear as noon in Turkana. I tell you there will be Hell to pay if those policemen abducted are killed or anymore attacks take place in Northern Counties.

Regardless, I restate that the line between policing internally and extenally must never get blurred even by the expediency of need. We don't require KDF to work the Northern Counties, but we need to enhance Kenya Police in material, Intelligence and supportive assistance of all GoK Agencies including MiniForeign - like the C-in-C hardtalk with SFG in Addis. Slowly that is happening. We will win this thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Wed May 29 2013, 12:40

ole Nkarei wrote:UAV Squadron - formative and taking shape. Those structures you are sniffing about @Kabooz will clarify as the Command gets defined and established. But as has become our Mantra, focus is in growing local capacity going forth - these are early times. Btw - have you got Kenya's "back" ama wengine magaidi?
what type of UAVs...... news to me
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed May 29 2013, 13:02

Hmm, do i remember someone rubbishing the swiss for exactly this sometimes back? the argument was, if the enemy is that strong then he will definitely bomb those run'hi'ways too.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next