THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+37
Gallahad
nyukilized
kimiti
mJESHI mMOJA
tempest
livefire
Interloper
MWAURA
georiise
Analyst
Flying Crane
The Blue
Fabrizio
Balozi
mchoraji
MasterChief
proud kenyan
edmuiru
Kobooz
mambotupu
countersniper
cylon
Kepler-Euler
aggressor one
mbs
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
MOOZALENDO
Olekoima
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mwepesi
Spartan
Al Bashir
mogen
Risasi
Uzi
jasiri
41 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Re: Eastern Africa maneno

Post  proud kenyan Mon May 13 2013, 16:18

i feel that in this time and age the UN should be wise enough to look at the assessments of the regions threats as per spartan's and ON's recommendations and how to deal with the same,instead of ramming down the region's throats expensive cover-ups of their failure to do anything and led by the biggest women(no disrespect meant to women and their gender) in the name of some indian and bangladeshi generals who make the worst decisions ever in peace keeping where there is no peace. the longer the dismissal of perfect assessments in favour of expensive and needless experiments the more kenyana continues to suffer over time

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Olekoima Mon May 13 2013, 18:51

aggressor one wrote:
Spartan wrote:The UN Deputy Secretary General has 'updated' former Kenyan Minister Richard Onyonka's figure of 2,700 AMISOM troops killed, by figuring that since one year has passed since that figure was raised, the new figure must now be 3,000. I think it's about time the UPDF publicised the list of dead and injured because in this era of Google,people will define you if you don't define yourself.

Aggressor One, why are we sitting on that figure, which I reckon is around 300 or thereabouts? The UN pays $100,000 for every fallen AMISOM soldier if my memory serves me right. Multiplied by this figure of 3,000 'dead' the total figure would come to $300m for a mission with a budget of $400m. What about allowances for the 17,000 who are alive? Equipment? Food? Medical treatment? Logistics and fuel?

Secondly, for every soldier killed, about three are relegated to casualty (injured). That would mean another 9,000 - 10,000 soldiers without limbs or in hospitals, which figure is unsustainable for any military. I certainly have'nt seen any spike in war injured numbers.

Unsurprisingly, the UN has had to walk back those remarks.

AMISOM, too, belatedly and unconvincingly dismissed the figure.

I ask again, what damage would be caused if we acknowledged each and every single death on such a noble cause instead of leaving it all to whoever has a computer and access to the internet?

This is the most hapless, bungling set of UN officials to ever assume office. Just last week the UN was in a simmilar faux pas when it had to walk back claims by leading UN Investigator Calra Del Ponte after she claimed that sarin was used by rebels in Syria.

That figure translates into 500 KIA per year, 40+ every month and 1.5 KIA everyday. No mission, the size of AMISOM could stand such losses and then move on to chase the Kebabs out of Mogadishu and beyond. Remember that combined deployed figures stayed as around 4,500 until late 2010, so if they were dying in thousands, how then did they manage to keep control of their sector in Mogadishu? Besides, even if one can claim that the dead were replaced immediately, deploying troops to Somalia has not been easy so such scenario cannot arise.

I agree with you Spartan that we must find a way of publishing the names of the dead, may be that will settle this whole madness.

I hear you guys, this 3,000 figure is just too outrageous. It would not have been easy to hide all these from the general public. However, there seems to be a mole within AMISOM who is giving out these figures. Just sample this:-

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/somalia/articles/20130513.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon May 13 2013, 19:22

@Olekoima,

The best assessment I can make on that article is plainly what @ole Nkarei said earlier; Giving up on the propaganda-war with the Whiteys. @Spartan, I don't think whether you have much bargaining powers, lay down your sword. Very Happy
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon May 13 2013, 19:49

Olekoima wrote:I hear you guys, this 3,000 figure is just too outrageous. It would not have been easy to hide all these from the general public. However, there seems to be a mole within AMISOM who is giving out these figures. Just sample this:-

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/somalia/articles/20130513.aspx

There's no mole feeding strategypage.com with anything. These guys just skim stories from the web, arrange the stories in a timeline so they appear like well written reports. On the other hand, if this were true, our economy could use an injection of $300m, assuming all the dead are Ugandan Laughing Laughing.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  georiise Thu May 16 2013, 09:21

Eritrean su 27
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Su-27_10
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Eritre10
Eritrean MiG 29
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Mig-2910
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Eritre11
georiise
georiise

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty CONGO

Post  mchoraji Thu May 16 2013, 17:15

Nice pics @ Georiise

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05/15/303729/32-killed-in-fresh-congo-clashes/

The peace enforcers' mandate is cut out
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty jubbaland

Post  proud kenyan Thu May 16 2013, 18:14

i was abit apprehensive in reading the above story seeing that is from the news agencies mentioned somewhere on TEA, but i still ask,@ON, how does the situation look like on the ground?

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013/05/new-president-of-south-somali-region-faces-rival-leader/

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Thu May 16 2013, 18:16

mchoraji wrote:Nice pics @ Georiise

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05/15/303729/32-killed-in-fresh-congo-clashes/

The peace enforcers' mandate is cut out

seems like the chicken is just about to come home to roost, seeing that the UN was going after the M23 only and not all rebel groups in that region

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Fri May 17 2013, 08:31

proud kenyan wrote:i was abit apprehensive in reading the above story seeing that is from the news agencies mentioned somewhere on TEA, but i still ask,@ON, how does the situation look like on the ground?/

@ Proud Kenyan if its 'Press Tv' you are talking about it was not the best source of information when Operation linda nchi kicked off.they took the line that 'Christians' were going to war with 'muslims' without a deed understanding of the conflict or the players.they hence became an al-shabaab mouth-piece helping spread their propaganda.However on most issues they are quite objective & get it right
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri May 17 2013, 11:50

proud kenyan wrote:i was abit apprehensive in reading the above story seeing that is from the news agencies mentioned somewhere on TEA, but i still ask,@ON, how does the situation look like on the ground?

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013/05/new-president-of-south-somali-region-faces-rival-leader/

Should the two groups face off, what will our Kenyan brothers do? Either way, the Madobe militia should be reigned-in, any shooting, even celebratory like they did deep into the night after Madobe's election is just not okay because the population is war-weary.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Africa’s Biggest Military Spenders

Post  Olekoima Fri May 17 2013, 13:48

Interesting, read on:-

http://african.howzit.msn.com/africa%e2%80%99s-biggest-military-spenders#image=12
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri May 17 2013, 13:51

http://african.howzit.msn.com/africa%e2%80%99s-biggest-military-spenders#image=3
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri May 17 2013, 13:54

Spartan wrote:
proud kenyan wrote:i was abit apprehensive in reading the above story seeing that is from the news agencies mentioned somewhere on TEA, but i still ask,@ON, how does the situation look like on the ground?

Should the two groups face off, what will our Kenyan brothers do? Either way, the Madobe militia should be reigned-in, any shooting, even celebratory like they did deep into the night after Madobe's election is just not okay because the population is war-weary.

Well, this is cause for worry. I think Kenya should not take sides. The government in Mogadishu is quite apprehensive.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Ati Uganda is the most ethnically diverse country

Post  Spartan Sat May 18 2013, 22:35

DRC and Nigeria have 250 ethnicities a piece, so how come we're the 'most diverse' country? Maybe its coz, DRC, for example, most people are Bantu and their languages are mutually intelligible to some extent. But in Uganda a Lugbara can sell a Muganda when the latter is in full view and listening in on the haggling and stil remain nonethewiser! Laughing
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 18 2013, 22:53

There aren't "two groups" per see. There is Ras Kamboni - and a smattering of inconsequential armed brigands bodyguarding Hiraale. The SFG component cannot deploy to substantial effect. And of course the hulking shadow of the KDF - most visible component of it is the Civilian GoK functionaries (Miniforex /NIS-external) with their 40th "minders" providing CQB and Intel relays with MIC/NSIS-external. 30th ranging wide.

Coupla things to clarify.
1. Barre Hiraale was integral to the Azania Project that proceeded the Jubbaland Project.He was intended to be the Military Muscle for Gaandi's grouping. We broke him outta Ethiopian confinement consequently. Azania did not find traction for many reasons, some our fault but more so due to the perrenial discordant clan BS of Soomaliya. Barre feels betrayed by the Ascendancy of the better Organised and integrated Ras Kamboni / Madobe who IGAD has nurtured painstakingly for over a year. He went across to SFG with his grouses and found willing ears of the ruling Meraahan Elite in Crazy Town who Madobe has outmanouvred from Chai Town and environs.

2. Johnny and the Europeans crafted the London Conference 1&2 to ram their stake into the Horn of Africa. A confluence of objectives between them and the increasingly isolated (inside Soomaliya and in IGAD/EAC) SFG, developed. A strategy to selectively implant the Federal Charter ensued to give the Federal Government unconstitutional Authority over the Federated States. There was a deliberate effort by Johnny and SFG to avoid all references to "Federated States" and replacing that Constitutional Definition with " Soomaliya Regions" in the London 2 Conference, for obvoous reasons. There are some Gray areas in the Federal Charter that Johnny and SFG are exploiting but interpretation isn't restricted to their views of it either. Indeed, Soomaliland and Puntlaad have vital interests in the success of present Jubband initiative because their destiny is similar as being diametrically opposed to the intentions of the SFG within a Federated Soomaliya.

3. Because Universal Suffrage is impossible in Soomaliya presently, all elections are imperfect and not universally accepted. The legitimacy of the Elections lies in the Processes of the elections, and in this regard the SFG Presidential and Jubbaland Presidential Processes have equal legitimacy.

4. Barre Hiraale's comic display was carefully chreographed in tandem with loud self-righteous pronouncements from SFG and lackeys inside Juba and Gedo. The expectations was a Johnny weighing in with cautionary warnings which would delegitimize the Kismayu Process and the Election of Madobe. Obviously resulting in SFG entrenching fictitious authority in restarting the Kismayu process in the manner that suits the SFG & the Europeans. It hasn't happened because this once IGAD/EAC have drawn the line on the sand.

There is unlikely to be large-scale Armed Contact over this matter simply because of an absence of Armed Force supporting the belligerents except Madobe's Constellation of Allies. Barre and SFG are at present blowing Hot Air. Nevertheless, if there is, then, dammit, we have come thus far to have to drop this rugby ball, @Spartan. And what gives you the idea that we can be "neutral" on a matter of such grave consequences to our National survival, brother @olekoima?

Spartan wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22 2013, 02:41

Interesting week in Soomaliya. Certainly now the recent posturing by various players including IGAD and the Brits has clarity. London II was intended to project SFG / Hassan Muhmoud as exercising Sovereign Power over ALL of Soomaliya when in truth without AMISOM in Mogadisho he and SFG wouldn't last an hour in power. Johnny made all the right noises in London that emboldened Hassan Muhamoud. However in the face of a resolute & united IGAD, Johnny appears to have abandoned that scheme and has not voiced the support Hassan expected on the " illegitimacy" of the Jubbaland Process. It would appear that we have gone past the "shooting stage" in this post-Kismayo-election Process.

Just in case, Chai Town crawls with mean-looking fully-kitted fellas of the 30th & 40th - and Spooks of every Outfit known on this God's Earth! SFG has barely a half-coy of lightly armed soldiers - as does the brigand Barre Shiire. It just might turn out fine, I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu May 23 2013, 09:33

I stumbled on a properbly interesting & educative read well in-line with the Azania/Jubbaland maneno, though a bit late.

http://www.crisisgroupblogs.org/africanpeacebuilding/2013/05/21/jubaland-in-jeopardy-the-uneasy-path-to-state-building-in-somalia/

The fact that it's an "uninitiated" source, some half-truths will come in handy. I know there are persons here who can tell the good 'bugs' from the bad ones.. ..One can do us the favor.

Then here is the most accurate Map of Jubbaland/Azania I have come across in half-a-decade. Chances are there for one to call it Kenya's 10th "Diaspora-Province" Very Happy

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Jubaland-Map
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty GOMA

Post  mchoraji Thu May 23 2013, 11:00

@ ON, what's up in your favorite E. Congo theater? seems like the M23 wants to re-take Goma. when is the intervention force starting operations? enlighten us kidogo. seems the SADC chaps will get a run for their money the M23 has been threatened & seems to be ready for a serious war
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Fri May 24 2013, 16:24

jasiri wrote:As for mimi i am under no obligation whatsoever to be politically correct. I'm firmly behind M23 in this. Here's why-
1. If this mission is successful it may usher in a new era of American style African intervention by forces seeking to control the economies of target regions. I am particularly uncomfortable about South Africa because they represent an extension of the same colonialist European mindsets that believe Africa is the farm complete with workers.
2. Should this succeed, Tanzania would be under absolutely no obligation to tow the E.A.C line. This makes me very very uncomfortable as having a neighbour the size of Tanzania this close to my country's borders openly going to bed with people who do not represent the best interest of my nation is dangerous. Tanzania (from my experience) is a nation with a very bad case of inferiority complex. They conceal a dangerous phobia of Kenyans behind the 'Mambo vipi blaza'. This country makes me very very uncomfortable.
3. If E.A.C looses eastern D.R.C the collective future of our economies looks bleak. We must have this cake and eat it.

My opinion of these numerous regional conflicts we periodically try to quell is this, GET THE ARMS SMUGGLERS. These are the people giving us a headache and not the rebels themselves. Most of the time, u find one arms smuggler supplying his/her merchandise to 3 or 4 rebel groups with a region. If we bomb the rebel armories then hit the smugglers as they come back to re-supply, than should put enough risk into the business to push up the price of arms so high that only very serious rebels would want to take the risk of arming. It is useless trying disarmament or going to war with them when in some areas the price of a Kalashnikov goes for as much as a goat.
Excellent analysis! If I could I'd give you a rep point.
1. The S Africans are merely the local reps of the Rothschilds who control via local proxy the mineral wealth down south and the DRC. Zuma and co have never impressed me as people who know or care about such realities. Look at the CAR fiasco.
2.The TZians have always known this is an intrinsic part of Kenyana and are being most unwise allowing themselves to be misused in displays of domination they don't fully understand.
3. Only serious policing can end that danger.
IIRC,Nkash mentioned Kenya and the Boers would one day clash in the E DRC-IMO if our regional footprint expands its only a mater of time.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 24 2013, 19:40

My head spins from the speed of geopolitical & nd security happenings in Kenyana, aiseei. Jubbaland under foreign-led assault but looking good and stable. Ethiopia re-thinking afresh their withdrawal from Soomaliya. GoSS and Sudan squabling nearly to open hostilities. The Boers under a tight Kenyana Ugandan-led leash with jump-off date for the NIF progressively uncertain - UN SecGen now talks of July. On top of this, add on the ungainly happenings with Tinyefuza and his cohorts in Kampala. Na mambo bad!

It appears credible that SADC might operatoonalise the NIF into KiVU sooner than the UN determines. As it is, it has inserted more than twice the force (equipment, soldiers, infrastructure) than approved SANDF component of the NIF. And the negative forces,n righteous apprehension, have regrouped, merged, refitted, retrained to unprecedented levels.

Obviously they intend to dictate the Theatre of Engagement and are determined this to be as close to the Borders of Rwanda and Uganda. You can guess what informs this Strategy. So that recent activities around Goma and other strategic Borders towns by the M23 are repositioning Assets and prepping the Theatre for the NIF. FARDC understands this M23 Strategy very well and have been desperately trying to make it as difficult to realise as possible. Regardless, spill-over of combatants and refugees is inevitable - . Kabila understands that there are no assurances the Old Lion will sit on his hands are Eastern DRC populations flood Western Uganda in the background of a bloodbath resultant of a boer-led testosterone rumble in Kivu. Neither will the Tall Thin Man to Millions of his Citizens force-matching back to Rwanda at his failure of strategy to export his excess populations to the DRC under the guise of Historical right to DRC citizenship. There is already credible Intel about massive AWOLs in the RDF, and you can easily guess where these "missing" Soldiers and disproportionate amount of stores are next turning up at - like the Israelis and Western Armies during all Israeli/Arab Wars since 1967!

Tanzania had been under considerable legislative and political pressure from Kenyana about this bird-brained Boer-concepted NIF. And they are taking cover behind the insistence by the new UN /DRC rapportteur that the Mandate of the NIF be subjugated to direct UN political control - her control. She is already openly and vocally in diametric opposition to the NIF concept. Her Boss appears to be having second thoughts too and was ambivalent on the date that NIF expects to Operationalize.

It is a fine time to be an East African and Uniformed, I tell you..

mchoraji wrote:@ ON, what's up in your favorite E. Congo theater? seems like the M23 wants to re-take Goma. when is the intervention force starting operations? enlighten us kidogo. seems the SADC chaps will get a run for their money the M23 has been threatened & seems to be ready for a serious war

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Neutral International Force / Eastern Kivu.

Post  Guest Sat May 25 2013, 17:10

This thing has become still-born. The ground shifting oround conditions shifting rapidly as tp render it ineffectual if and when it deploys or largely irrelevant to the Politico-Military Economy of the crisis. The UNSC appears to have succumbed to the intense anti-NIF pressure waged by the UN Envoy Madame Robinson in the two months since appointment. Of course from the factual leadership provided by the old Lion in counterpoint to South African purely Hegemonistic interpretations of this very complex demographic conundrum of Eastern DRC.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun May 26 2013, 09:59

I am very proud of Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi for the united diplomatic front they put up for the Kenyan principals in Addis. It's about time we took charge of our affairs instead of relying on the west, who bizarely refuse to have any of their citizens tried by the ICC.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon May 27 2013, 11:39

Spartan wrote:I am very proud of Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi for the united diplomatic front they put up for the Kenyan principals in Addis. It's about time we took charge of our affairs instead of relying on the west, who bizarely refuse to have any of their citizens tried by the ICC.

Kenya was top on the agenda at the AU jubilee celebrations with rais M7 having fought for it.Only Botswana has not supported (but we aren't surprised) the draft resolution to ask UNSC that the Kenyan cases be referred back.Am not sure they will succeed but at least this will send a strong statement.The time is up for the West to be the un-elected global cops.Africa seems ready to stand it's ground.This unity is what's been missing & am loving how things are looking up.
An interesting statement was made by Mzee M7 during an IGAD states heads meeting on the sidelines of the AU summit. He claimed that there was intelligence that Uhuru would be locked up in July should he present himself at the Hague for the start of his trial. M7 said the region won't allow Uhuru to go to prevent his detention. I remembered a post ON had on TEA during the run-up to the just concluded Kenyan polls.He wondered if the KDF would let their C-in-C submit himself to another jurisdiction for trial hivo tu. He intimated that the correct formalities through the Senate have to be expedited kabla such a thing is allowed to happen.
Now the region joins the mix and they are sending signals that they are stakeholders & don't want to let our prezzy go. I think Uhuru will go nowhere & Africa will be ready to offer a wall of protection against the big backlash that will ensue.
Then the Somalia president made a statement that was music to my years. Later this year, a conference will be held in Nairobi to discuss how to start orderly repatriation of refugees hasa those in Kenya back to their homeland. That's very good to hear. Over 2 decades been too long & since some of them have attacked us bila blinking an eyelid, let them start preparing their minds for the journey back home. Last week I heard a certain NGO or civil society mzungu ask Kenya to start registration of refugees again ati juu it's not safe yet. Heck when will it ever be safe, let them go back & build their land. Otherwise the blood shed by gallant regional soldiers will be in vain.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon May 27 2013, 13:53

mchoraji wrote:
Spartan wrote:I am very proud of Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi for the united diplomatic front they put up for the Kenyan principals in Addis. It's about time we took charge of our affairs instead of relying on the west, who bizarely refuse to have any of their citizens tried by the ICC.

Kenya was top on the agenda at the AU jubilee celebrations with rais M7 having fought for it.Only Botswana has not supported (but we aren't surprised) the draft resolution to ask UNSC that the Kenyan cases be referred back.Am not sure they will succeed but at least this will send a strong statement.The time is up for the West to be the un-elected global cops.Africa seems ready to stand it's ground.This unity is what's been missing & am loving how things are looking up.
An interesting statement was made by Mzee M7 during an IGAD states heads meeting on the sidelines of the AU summit. He claimed that there was intelligence that Uhuru would be locked up in July should he present himself at the Hague for the start of his trial. M7 said the region won't allow Uhuru to go to prevent his detention. I remembered a post ON had on TEA during the run-up to the just concluded Kenyan polls.He wondered if the KDF would let their C-in-C submit himself to another jurisdiction for trial hivo tu. He intimated that the correct formalities through the Senate have to be expedited kabla such a thing is allowed to happen.
Now the region joins the mix and they are sending signals that they are stakeholders & don't want to let our prezzy go. I think Uhuru will go nowhere & Africa will be ready to offer a wall of protection against the big backlash that will ensue.

Our ole Man must be relishing his rubble-rousing act, leaving the diplomats a heck of a job trying to smooth over the ruffled feathers Laughing. Without African countries you have no ICC, we must step up to the plate and demand the majority shareholders' say.

I posted within these pages that the only thread that maintained Western say-so over our matters was the aid, especially direct budgetary support. With the aid all but removed for a variety of reasons, the unintended consequence is going to be African countries will finally find true independence. It's only fitting that the first order of business in the quest for this 'Uhuru' is to line up behind a one Uhuru.

Now, one piece of advice to Botswana, they can go hang on a tomato tree.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed May 29 2013, 13:34

Now, one piece of advice to Botswana, they can go hang on a tomato tree.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty NIF/Eastern DRC

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 22:34

Questions flooded when Mrs Robinson tele-conferenced from Goma with UNSC and diplomatically called the NIF a Bird-with-Bullocks. Absolute shock in New York - appearing to flip the SecGen right round from his earlier gungho enthusiasm for tgis SADC Plan. Then more questions followed the SecGen comments during hiw subsequent visit to Kinshasa Kigali Goma and Kampala - what had gotten the UNSCnsudden cold feet about this NIF? Thenn days ago, we receive very strong whiff that the Tall Thin Man jad inserted a Brigade through the Gisenyi Sector, and amidst renewed repositioning and flare-up around the entire Kivu Nord by all manner of Combattant Formations - M23 practically inside Goma and without credible opposition (GOMA is designated Ops Control for the NIF). That RDF egress was trigger to these concentrated manoeuvring by kila mtu! So, just had to put my eyeballs on this Brigade before putting my name on any Sitrep. And so it is that this is the Elephant that has gotten the UNSC sheiting bricks about a widening conflagration resultant from a carelessly mandated NIF.

@Spartan - what's your read on this development? Any reciprocal movement from you chaps? What the heck is going on in Kivu -from your overwatch?

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Jun 03 2013, 14:37

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Al-Shabaab-parade-Kenyan-hostages/-/1056/1870896/-/9tke93z/-/index.html

WTH??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad

How could these fools transport our countrymen all the way to Jilib? walipitia wapi? Jilib is a town near Kismayo. Hakuna kitu 30th should have done? It's so sad
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Jun 03 2013, 14:47

ole Nkarei wrote:Questions flooded when Mrs Robinson tele-conferenced from Goma with UNSC and diplomatically called the NIF a Bird-with-Bullocks. Absolute shock in New York - appearing to flip the SecGen right round from his earlier gungho enthusiasm for tgis SADC Plan. Then more questions followed the SecGen comments during hiw subsequent visit to Kinshasa Kigali Goma and Kampala - what had gotten the UNSCnsudden cold feet about this NIF? Thenn days ago, we receive very strong whiff that the Tall Thin Man jad inserted a Brigade through the Gisenyi Sector, and amidst renewed repositioning and flare-up around the entire Kivu Nord by all manner of Combattant Formations - M23 practically inside Goma and without credible opposition (GOMA is designated Ops Control for the NIF). That RDF egress was trigger to these concentrated manoeuvring by kila mtu! So, just had to put my eyeballs on this Brigade before putting my name on any Sitrep. And so it is that this is the Elephant that has gotten the UNSC sheiting bricks about a widening conflagration resultant from a carelessly mandated NIF.

@Spartan - what's your read on this development? Any reciprocal movement from you chaps? What the heck is going on in Kivu -from your overwatch?

We're sitting this out, bro. We don't feel threatened by anyone, we only worried about massive humanitarian situation that is likely to spill over to our side

Any involvement in the DRC by the Tall Thin One or ourselves would only result in a zero sum game - meager pickings on one side and an unknown magnitude of fallout on the other. Haven't had any whif about RDF movements but all I know is that it could be their reservists eager for a piece of the action.And besides, Kabila and the UN have made it clear the problem is the Tutsis so don't be surprised if the Tutsis react with a siege mentality and young Tutsi men begin treking to the M23. If not well managed this unprecedented UN-in-bed-with-Kabila arrangement may result in another genocide against the Congolese Tutsi and suck in Rwanda, putting the UN on the wrong side of the history of genocides - again.

You're right there's a certain nervousness about this whole NIF deployment and pandering to the UN Group of 'Experts' theory that Rwanda or maybe Uganda were babysitting M23 by the SecGen (understandably) and Tanzania (regrettably). That explains Ban's choice of stops.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 13 Empty Oil curse?

Post  Al Bashir Wed Jun 05 2013, 02:18

I'm quite curious as to why we are about to lose our refining capacity just after the recent oil dicovery in the region. Most oil producing "3rd world" countries have limited or no refining capacity at all. This is a recipe for disaster, we are heading the Nigerian way and doing so eyes wide shut. Isn't it also a coincidence that a certain UNSC permanent member that we have been chasing around for "favours" regarding the ICC cases recently announced that by 2015 they will have an over-capacity at their refineries? Are we giving this up in exchange for something in return from the powers that be?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085167&story_title=imminent-closure-of-kenya-s-oil-refinery-to-shock-region&pageNo=1
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Wed Jun 05 2013, 09:00

Al Bashir wrote:I'm quite curious as to why we are about to lose our refining capacity just after the recent oil dicovery in the region. Most oil producing "3rd world" countries have limited or no refining capacity at all. This is a recipe for disaster, we are heading the Nigerian way and doing so eyes wide shut. Isn't it also a coincidence that a certain UNSC permanent member that we have been chasing around for "favours" regarding the ICC cases recently announced that by 2015 they will have an over-capacity at their refineries? Are we giving this up in exchange for something in return from the powers that be?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085167&story_title=imminent-closure-of-kenya-s-oil-refinery-to-shock-region&pageNo=1

I support the shutting down of the Mombasa refinery.This facility opened just before we gained our independence, has served us well.But with advent of technology and move towards use of clean fuel in our vehicles and minimizing wastage, the refinery unfortunately has not moved with the times.It's grossly inefficient and a medium through which we lose billions every year.Considering we are paying about Ksh10 more per litre every time one fuels you can see the money we are loosing as a nation and region.
When it was constructed, we and the region were importers of oil products.But as things stand we shall soon be exporting our oil.Uganda is also planning a refinery in Western Uganda.Kenyan & South Sudan oil wont be exported through Mombasa but through Lamu.With our oil fields in Turkana, among the planned LAPSET projects is a refinery in Isiolo so eventually we shall be exporting refined oil.Kenya hopes to be exporting oil within 5yrs through Lamu but Tullow Oil has indicated that the first barrel could be ready for sale in 3yrs and first transported through trucks to Mombasa to the refinery and then sold hopefully within Kenya.Eventually when the pipeline & refinery are ready, we shall have dealt with all these issues.
It is being suggested that the refinery which has huge storage tanks can be used for storing fuel for domestic and regional consumers so that ships are not delayed in the high seas for lack of off-loading facilities.
But it's high time we re-think how to improve things at the Mombasa port.With Tz constructing a port that will dwarf Mombasa, we have to increase the port's capacity and it's efficiency otherwise, soon we shall be mourning lost business all over.The dock workers have to let the port be modernized and adopt technology.We may not need to privatize it but itapitwa na wakati if we don't salvage it when we still have the chance.
Pres. Uhuru wants a standard gauge rail from Mombasa to Malaba with a branch to Kisumu before 2017, this will improve clearance of cargo at the port and will reduce heavy trucks on our highways.If we pull-off this project, we shall be well on the path of keeping Mombasa relevant.With competition from the proposed Bagamoyo port, our landlocked neighbors will have better service from Kenya and Tz which will be good for everyone. LAPSET can then serve North and North Eastern Kenya, S.S & Ethiopia.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next