THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

+37
mchoraji
proud kenyan
mekatilili
firewall
kimiti
Mbaine
HokumA
SS Jamuhuri
Uzi
Nesta
Observer
Al Bashir
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
georiise
mogen
Fabrizio
MOOZALENDO
cylon
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
mwepesi
countersniper
Sierra Kilo
vince
Kobooz
Batian
one man army
Spartan
tempest
jasiri
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
41 posters

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty Gumboot army

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22 2011, 19:52

hey guys, there is a trend here, everytime topics get technical, Ugandans start slinging mud, notice their loud silence during the last few discussions? dumb bastrds, have seen Ugandans over here wearin Altama desert boots, guess what? 1) can't shoot straight. 2) fire n maneuver is still rocket science to them, gettin blown up everyday P.S these are UPDF officers:lol: creme de la creme, so Jas stand down, lets not turn this into a gumboot forum.

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  one man army Tue Oct 25 2011, 07:07

The idea that Mu7 and his fellow dictator in Ethiopia (Zenawi) have the audacity to make negative assessment about K.d.f is laughable.Zenawi last real war against eritrea saw Ethiopia in a stale mate with a country 10 times smaller both in resources,manpower and equipment.Ethiopian army is a giant glass wall that will come crumbling if a precise fire is directed on it.Their operation in Somalia saw them act like the pre-historic dinosaurs that trampled everything in their path.You cant fight rag tag militia this way.No wonder their army men have been defecting en mass to Kenya.
Mu7 on the other hand is a former Bush fighter who understands unparalleled level of violence.To this day he has used his former rag tag militia to entrench himself down the throats of poor Ugandans.To this old man who wont even admit his age an army is "bad" if it metes unknown violence against unarmed civilians the way u.p.d.f does.That's his valuation and because K.d.f has not done that they are a career army according to him.Lets face it.The only decent equipment in Uganda inventory is the new jets and 6 jets wont threaten anybody.Any country is Eastern Africa has the capacity to make sure they don't leave the ground incase of confrontation.The T55s Uganda has in its inventory are museum lyrics and would be of better use in a history class for exhibits.The few helicopters cant even fly.Does Uganda have a helicopter gunship flying?For your information Kenya has 40 declared and some are in the war front against al shabab who happen to be the unlucky target because these gunships were obtained to lay to waste the inflow of soviet scrap metals like t55 and t62 both in ug and ethiopia.The fact that kenya has executed this operation so precisely and decisively,some in U.p.d.f are saying that Americans are the ones doing it.I have a word for them:In mog Ugandans and Burundians with their U.N provided gear are being slaughtered left to right.Its them who need help.No wonder Americans just shipped i to help fight a fight that Ug has failed to finish 20 plus years.Hai watch this space.Sit back and see how quickly Kenya army will be served Kenyan tea in Kismayo.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane Tue Oct 25 2011, 08:25

@1man_army

Right apparel for the right season and the right operation. for counter banditry activates against child rebels etc , we don,t need those body armors so you wount see the UPDF in armor. Those body kits are from UPDF and not amisom. Soft boot as we like to call them are Knee height boots meant for marshy region. In normal circumstances the UPDF use normal military boots.

The MD500 armed with a machine gun and a pod on one side is what you will use to knock down T-55??? Think twice my friend that “gunship” is under armed.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 25 2011, 08:44

Flying Crane wrote:@1man_army

Right apparel for the right season and the right operation. for counter banditry activates against child rebels etc , we don,t need those body armors so you wount see the UPDF in armor. Those body kits are from UPDF and not amisom. Soft boot as we like to call them are Knee height boots meant for marshy region. In normal circumstances the UPDF use normal military boots.

The MD500 armed with a machine gun and a pod on one side is what you will use to knock down T-55??? Think twice my friend that “gunship” is under armed.

What do you mean? Tell us you don't know anything then we leave you alone. The MD500 is armed with tank killing AGM 65 Marveck TOW missiles. Besides we also have other attack helicopters like the WZ-9s. Anyway, we all know that Alshabaab don't have tanks, only technicals which are easy to deal with. Mr Crane, what is really your beef with the KDF? We are not in Somalia to fight the UPDF. I thought our presence there only serves to reiforce the fact that this is a regional problem which is hurting all of us. For this reason we should all support the cause and rid this region of such menaces. Don't you think so? Is taking a swipe at KDF and deriding it helping your cause in Somalia?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Tue Oct 25 2011, 15:07

Flying crane
well,am not gonna be selfish with knowledge here.Md 500 gunship was manufactured with the same tank killing ability as any other gunship.What they had in mind was a light less expensive machine for average countries that would find it extravagant and outrageous to spend millions of dollars on monstrous ineffective Gun ships like Mig 24s.(ug had 5 of those where are they?reliable info say none of them cranks.)Anyway to make a long story short we are not arming these Gunships with Maverick missiles for killing tanks coz al shabab has none.Information is floating free out there check what our wz-9s are doing and the havoc and disarray they have caused.This strategy K.d.f has used attacking from several fronts including the sea ensures al shabab are spread out thus difficult for them to regroup.thats why they melting like ice in hot water.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty "REGIONAL SOLUTIONS TO REGIONAL PROBLEMS"

Post  Batian Tue Oct 25 2011, 20:46

I have been following the debate very closely and would like to just contribute something small and thank you for this opportunity:

First,!!!!!!! to get facts straight, =>Flying crane, quoting UG rankings @ the C*A list is out of scope for this discussion because it has a checkered profile across Europe, ultimately due to its tactics it uses. Just ask former C*A prisoners. At a full-scale war reminiscent of (KDF $ STFG $...) vs. (AS &....) you need a strategy. Sorry to my Bros for what happened last year across east Africa during a world-cup match. Given the circumstances therefore and the nature of the AL-Sh*b**b of hiding in burrows like rabbits, (forgive me for the expression) it would mean now you do not storm in that zone like you may walk in your bathroom or lavatory, a mistake which Ethiopia's first-hand experience and has made them learn the hard way. This fete has their counterparts UPDF likewise experienced. You have seen the recent video released by AS about AMISOM, we truly hope that it is not true just as the AMISOM spokesman claims.

The mission here is not to try to exhibit the weapons of choice neither those weapons flying crane is talking about on CIA rankings simply because you can never underestimate your enemy and if to say the least I think we will not talk much about are in Kenyans possession. Not to discredit the Ethiopian and UG incursion that has at least tried to contain AS but has painfully remained a hard nut to crack to their resistance but has only resulted to giving the AL-Sh*b**b precision and target practice, hardening them in the event and making them mutate into a stubborn hardline militia. This war should be calculated even further. Why am I saying so? Given that two EA nations were struck in 1998, it remains that no man should claim they are residing in safety. Yes I do not deny that UPDF have state of the art artillery as => flying crane says; but remember war is about tactical operations, psychological preparations, and lastly but not necessarily important, numbers as opposed to unplanned and forceful intrusions. What is the use of a child driving the merc benz of his father yet does not have the skills to maintain or even drive the vehicle.

My point the US incursion is insignificant because they have openly denied it on **C and New york Times. Remember, there are so many blogs on the Blogospere that are currently giving unconfirmed reports and news, which means there is a Blosgospere warfare as well. However when you listen to the **C, there is erroneous reporting mainly from **C journalist on the ground. They cannot spot the difference between Kenyan soldiers KDF and STFG fighters even while their uniforms are distinctively different.All this erroneous reporting is giving the world from different parts news that is not well reported. Thanks to **N that they have kept a low profile in reporting this war. All in all let us back up the Government of Kenya because this issue has been a pain in the region for long while the inter-global efforts have struggled to bring a lasting solution and has not bore any fruits.

As with Flying crane, you should be the last person to comment about war equipments, because if they were so significant you could have used them to totally end 12 year old child militia that has caused sleepless nights to Ugandan citizens that have been responsible for kidnappings and raping of women for two decades now. I think I will stop there. This war will end with AL-SHABAAB being totally obliterated from the face of this planet. As for the news agencies specifically **C and AL-Arabia, they should try about the positive and long term effect of the war. You haven't been caught pants down!!!! "REGIONAL SOLUTIONS TO REGIONAL PROBLEMS"
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Wed Oct 26 2011, 07:19

U.p.d.f is a political army constituted to safeguard the welfare of the political elite.An army is not just guns and boots (in Ugandan case gumboots.)They happen to be the only army in the great east African region that suppress,beat up and go ballistic in their A.P.Cs when students riot.Don't Uganda have anti riot police?They happen to be the only "army" that engages in cattle rustling around Karamoja and buganda territories.Don't get me wrong i know there are decent guys in the ranks but they do not constitute the whole picture.As long as it took this army to suppress rebellions in the North,two decades to be exact,it has taken equally longer for them to evolve to a modern army.What is Ug military doctrine if any?Nobody really cares,not Kenyans, not Tanzanians,not Sudanese and evidently not Ugandans so long as men in gumboots don't interfere with them.The bottom line is that U.p.d.f will continue to be used as a political tool to keep Mu7 and his cronies in power and to strangulate the political will of the people.They are the N.R.M,a movement as their leader mu7 likes to call them and like i said before,if they are lucky to manage oil revenue without igniting another war,it will take another two decades to be where Kenya is today.That's a tall order for Africans we have seen what oil producing countries in Africa have done to themselves.Apparently even oil can't save them from themselves.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 26 2011, 08:15

That,s the problem of debating with folks that have the better part of the day dwelling with issue under the belt line. we are facing militia be it child or senior citzen they are still militias. But Kenya, OMG banditry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banditry out laws?? out laws groups are commanding the entire half of Kenya.

For you infor one man solider Kenya ends after isiolo there after that area under small banditry groups which your government can,t contain. this makes Almost half of Kenya ranked as insecure to visit. Your north and eastern border ….. ???? Due even have a secured border by the way apart you’re your south…………..
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Wed Oct 26 2011, 12:02

Well bro Crane i really would like you to elaborate on "hitting below the line." My comments about U.p.d.f and their friends Ethiopian army are true and i'll take a bullet for these statements.Your misrepresentation about bandit situation in Kenya is not a surprise coming from you.At least our army is not going lunatic and inviting Americans to hunt Bandits down if you know what i mean.Ugandan soldiers are dying in Mogadishu and kenyans just invaded to fight a common enermy so we should potray each other in a positive light and not make this blog a gumboot one.I must say i was compelled to respond negatively but TRUTHFULLY about your army by your negative review about our forces.you went as far as wishing for Kenyan blood to paint the streets of Kismayu.The ugandan blood is already painting in Mogadishu are you celebrating? Just yesterday there were demonstrations in all the places liberated by Kenyan forces(against Somali president) for saying he wanted only logistical support from kenya.Those demonstrators waved Kenyan and somali flags and asked Kenya not to listen to their mad president hence continue the offensive.This is unprecedented because even armies that tried to liberate somalia before people demonstrated against them.We are happy for the support and the opportunity to bring some sanity to this part of somalia.My point is lets not tear each other down (a cease fire of sorts) we know too damn well the 3 prong attack from land and the 4th from the sea by Kenyan forces not forgetting the air assault might be rain that washes away the Amison blood from the streets,the thunder that when its over silences the voices of lunatics and religious fanatics who kill in the name of God-the al shabab.Hence kenya and uganda will be safe.

Last edited by one man army on Mon Oct 31 2011, 10:02; edited 1 time in total

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Thu Oct 27 2011, 10:59

Actually my beef with crane is his attitude suggesting he would celebrate at the blood of kenyans painting the streets of kismayu. I thought we are coming together as a region to tackle common problems. Well, it matters more to me that within one week of operation Linda nchi, liberated somalis have resoundingly appreciated Kenyas intervention. Apart from yesterdays `propaganda` we haven`t heard of civilian casualties as has happened B4 with other peace keepers otherwise the residents would have said so

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Oct 27 2011, 16:14

@kibonz'oo i was merely suggesting.....wear proper attire or face the consequences

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 09:48

You're right, Crane. With all that mud and rain, it's time KDF brought out its gumboots. Good cue from you guys.

Flying Crane wrote:@kibonz'oo i was merely suggesting.....wear proper attire or face the consequences

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty U.P.D.F

Post  vince Fri Oct 28 2011, 11:02

@flying crane,

Could you just explain to me why a police somebody travels in an A.P.C sandwitched between two heavily armed police patrol. Everyday to and fro Ggaba to CP?

I rightly understand that UPDF is an army with a country who have mastered the art of driving keeping to the right always. One wonders if there's a permanent state of emergency in UG. The day NRM/UPDF will start serving Ugandans and not Lord on them is when we will see professionalism appear to take shape in the gumboot army.
vince
vince

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Nov 01 2011, 22:48

Congratulation F.Crane you got you T-55 upgraded.
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Mediam10
the upgrade includes of:

The U.P.D.F T-55’s are now officially upgraded to the T-55AM M.B.T.

a totally new fire control system called "Klavido" (Hammer).Kladivo consisted of a Czech-designed laser range finder, new ballistic computer, and wind drift sensor combined with the new Soviet 1K13 fire control sight. The 1K13 also permitted the tank to use the new 9K116 Bastion (AT-10) through-the-barrel guided missile system. The tank got an upgraded V-55AM2 engine, Lastly, it also received new radio sets, skirts and a laser warning receiver and Type 906B "Tucha" smoke grenade protection system with eight 76mm tubes
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Dec 05 2011, 11:08

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Updf_s13

Gallantry in the field

I am not a Ugandan but if i were i would be very proud of what your boys are doing in the DRC and CAR. Keep up the good work UPDF.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Updf_s12

Lone Ranger
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Mon Dec 05 2011, 14:01

Seriously?Men in gumboots! I look at these photos and i can only compare them to Rwandese Gumboot army.I see nothing to be proud off in these photos.To be honest u can mistake them for the militia they supposed to hunt.Cant their Government in Kampala afford them all weather army boots? Pitiful stuff.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Dec 05 2011, 15:36

@One Man Army, i dont think you go to the battle field to look beautiful for the enemy. If a job needs to be done it has to be done attire not withstanding
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Dec 05 2011, 16:52

Sierra Kilo wrote:Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Updf_s13

Gallantry in the field

I am not a Ugandan but if i were i would be very proud of what your boys are doing in the DRC and CAR. Keep up the good work UPDF.

Lone Ranger

Wow, the chopper looks quite potent. Good stuff.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Mon Dec 05 2011, 17:52

Well kilo's,with all due respect,How can u say that an army fighting in gumboots is not queer by any standard? Which other army on earth except u.p.d.f and rwandese fight in gumboots.There are all weather boots that they can wear and look like an army.I know the fight in a man is not on what he wears but it says a lot about you based on what u wear.
To be honest,when i look at these photos i cant help but wonder whats so impressive about it.Just men in gum boots running helter skelter near a helicopter.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05 2011, 18:44

Sierra Kilo wrote:@One Man Army, i dont think you go to the battle field to look beautiful for the enemy. If a job needs to be done it has to be done attire not withstanding

@Sierra Kilo - you are wrong about this. In today's mostly specialized warfare, looks are absolutely vital - not ''beauty'' in the standard format, but from a soldier's perspective. Tis why African warriors painted their faces with horrid colors and shapes, and wore tall Animals Manes, Ostrich feather heads, Cow-tails on their arms and thighs, and bells on their ankles. Wearing gumboots may be functional for bushbashing, but it certainly is not the way to go to war.

Moreover, your feet are your best weapon when you tabbing with a 30KG bergen on you back, a full load of weapon and ammo. Gumboots are hot humid and bloody uncomfortable, kills you feet too from the roughness of the plastic. And how in heaven's name would you creep up on a dude when you wearing noisy sloshing gumboots? I can hear your column from five miles out!! UPDF wears gumboots not coz they are functional for war, any war, but for purely budgetary reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Dec 05 2011, 20:50

ole Nkarei wrote:

UPDF wears gumboots not coz they are functional for war, any war, but for purely budgetary reasons.

@ Ole Nkarei that line is probably the only reason as to why they wear the gumboots. We however have to consider the history behind. Old habits die hard and being an army that is still proffessionalising from its Guerrilla Years, they might know something we don't about the gumboots:scratch:
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Empty desperate men

Post  countersniper Mon Dec 05 2011, 20:57

Sierra Kilo wrote:Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Updf_s13

Gallantry in the field

Lone Ranger

i dont think armed men wearing gumbootas carrying what looks like 20 litre plastic jerrycans of water on their backs while running towards a chopper is an AWE inspiring sight. it looks like desperate men eager to get home after months hardship in the jungles while poorly supplied with rations..
a man like that is more worried about his next meal and how to safeguard his water jerrycan than hunting for one Joseph konyi.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Dec 07 2011, 12:53

Here we go again with the armchair 'experts' analysis. Seriously, why should anyone listen to experts from an army that cannot enter a small rural Somali town like Afmadow for two months, citing heavy rain, of all reasons? What happens if an aggressor attacks Kenya during the rain season?

We are getting really bored with the excuses. Just get in there and get the job done before the general populace begins believing the Al Shabaab propaganda that you are occupiers, you don't have all year. Maybe you think you do.

Faced with a choice between having a division with glittering boots only to have them wait for the rain season to end before attacking the enemy, and another with gumboots who attack on a moment's notice, I mean don't even get me started.

UPDF get brand new boots every six months, whether in operational areas or not. But nearly everyone I know has gumboots, including myself. Oh, wait a minute, let me check whether mine still fit. Lol......
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Wed Dec 07 2011, 13:15

These U.p.d.f pictures are like German jokes.You know they say a German joke is no laughing matter.Like Tom said above,the sounds from marching gumboots betrays you while you still miles away and the element of surprise is therefore eliminated.this is the most inconvenient way to go on any operation.
As for Afmadow,Like Colonel Oguna said,there is no point in racing towards afmadow and Kismayo being cheereed by people who are hungry and sick.If you are following this closely,u must have realized how effective K.D.f has been both in flushing out A.s and pacifying captured territory.The fall of Afmadow and certainly Kismayo even those A.S idiots know is not in doubt facing the firepower that K.D.f brings to bear.
we are proud of the professionalism (Ugandans choke when they hear this word) shown by K.D.f and for the first time in History A.S has been faced with the real dander of being wiped off the South of Somalia.They are melting like ice on a sunny day.We are proud that K.D.f chose to help the Somali people rather than blowing their way to Kismayo.Dont get me wrong its coming.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Wed Dec 07 2011, 18:13

Guys please stop bashing UPDF for their gumboots, i am sure they are only used for operations in wet conditions esp in the equatorial forest like in Congo. Also, most of UG is more or less like the Afmadow or Billis Qooqani mud fields, good for them they dont have to blame the rains!!.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 6 Updf10

They do look smart with the shiny boots!!
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 18:30

Kenyans are euphoric that the KDF has finally bared its teeth. Neighbours are alarmed that it's bite is in fact worse than its bark. The perennial debate of Professional Army vs. Career Soldier has been settled once and for all and it's 1:0 to KDF.
With the exception of the uniforms among us, we are all armchair analysts. I suspect that you are too, brother Spartan. For though you seem knowledgable in military affairs and often enlighten us with insight beyond our armchair scope, you abdicate, with equal frequency, impartial analyses in favour of patriotic passion (a common feature in this forum) and flagrantly deny credit where it is due. I do not have the impression that you are one whose profession is soldiering.
Incidentally, Spartan, I mean no offense. You will appreciate that I have toned down my characteristically abrasive stance, brother (or tried damn hard to).
I will not pretend to be privy to the inner thoughts of our military/political strategists but, for example, it is perfectly clear to this civilian that the lull in the KDF advance, after 2 weeks of annihilating shock-and-awe, cannot be attributed to some Al Shabaab entrenchment or counter-offensive or KDF generals unsure of what to do next. If for no other reason then because the AS propaganda machine would have plastered such news on every billboard on the planet. They have not. Possibly because of massive redundancies suffered by their HR pool, courtesy of KDF. I have no doubt that you will have been following OLN closely and are aware of the state of affairs.
You will appreciate, I think, the length to which Kenya has gone to provide for the welfare and safety of the Somali civilian population, if not from the kindness and generosity of our hearts then because it is a sound military strategy in a land where a hostile local population has consistently thwarted foreign "invading" armies. AMISOM being a case in point. And Ethiopia too.
Ultimately, the primary objectives of Kenya's offensive against the AS have been achieved. The advance on secondary targets is very much a political affair and, as a matter of urgency, must take into consideration the implications of such action on our relations with neighbours and interested parties.

Spartan wrote:Here we go again with the armchair 'experts' analysis. Seriously, why should anyone listen to experts from an army that cannot enter a small rural Somali town like Afmadow for two months, citing heavy rain, of all reasons? What happens if an aggressor attacks Kenya during the rain season?

We are getting really bored with the excuses. Just get in there and get the job done before the general populace begins believing the Al Shabaab propaganda that you are occupiers, you don't have all year. Maybe you think you do.

Faced with a choice between having a division with glittering boots only to have them wait for the rain season to end before attacking the enemy, and another with gumboots who attack on a moment's notice, I mean don't even get me started.

UPDF get brand new boots every six months, whether in operational areas or not. But nearly everyone I know has gumboots, including myself. Oh, wait a minute, let me check whether mine still fit. Lol......

Last edited by Vitruvian on Wed Dec 07 2011, 20:52; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Dec 07 2011, 19:29

REF: GUMBOOTS

@onemanarmy , countersniper and Ole Nkarei… lack of a proper armor or unigear happens also to the so called supper powers. I will answer you with a saying from the former US defense secetary, answer he posed for a soilder at war
soilder wrote: "Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to up-armor our vehicles?"
Rumsfeld wrote: "You go to war with the army you have." Besides, he added, "You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can be blown up."
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/12/rumsfeld_vs_the_american_soldier.html

that shiny boot soilder can get killed in action to before he disembarks... get it. What matters most is the strategy, stamina and planning which our commaders have.

2ndly @Ole Nkarei seriously like armed buddies lets sort it out….. whats the excuses for not going into a rural shopping center like Afmadow??? The only rainy season that lasted that long was during the time of Noah.unless the second coming Kpf the messiah has arrived I think that KDF has Chickened out at the share demonstrations of AS tactics.

Kudos Sierra Kilo Spartan and olekoima IOU 1
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 20:51

@Spartan (also @Crane):
I believe the derogatory gumboot remarks at the expense of UPDF to be behind your brisque comments regarding the OLN offensive. They will be as offensive to you as they would be to me had they been directed at KDF. I fully understand this. But I also fully understand where the gumboot remarks come from.
For years, Kenya has played the regional Diplomat whilst everyone else has played the General (or, more precisely, the Lance Corporal). The Diplomats brought about tangible and enduring if mixed results: the Nairobi Conference notwithstanding, lasting peace in Somalia is still evasive (something KDF might very well set straight now), but the Naivasha Agreement brought peace to a suffering people and midwifed a new nation in southern Sudan. On the other hand, the Lance Corporals brought nothing but suffering to the invaded and most of their own; and, of course, tons of loot to the Lance Corporals.
Quite unfairly, Kenya's "career soldiers" have been the laughing stock of our more belligerent neighbours, whose "battle-hardened" troops march from one military blunder to the next. But increasingly, "career soldier" seems to denote true military professionalism, whilst "battle-hardened soldier" - with gumboots to boot (excuse the pun, could not resist) - seems to be the excuse for not being a career soldier. Because the striking thing is that all these expeditions have been dismal failures (unless pillaging = success): Ethiopia's military adventures against a minute Eritrea & non-existent Somalia, UPDF's expeditions in a tiny corner of Congo, a little bit of Mogadishu and against that permanently-stoned Kony group whose subjugation, it seems, cannot be effected without 100 US soldiers. KDF, on the other hand, is setting new standards in Somalia.
So, I reckon, after all the defamation hurled against Kenya and her sissy armed forces by our martially experienced neighbours, this gumboots thing is simply a way of pointing out that anything you can do, we can do better; and most of what we can do, you can't do at all.

@Crane:
Flying Crane wrote:...@Ole Nkarei seriously like armed buddies…
Seriously? Serously?!! You don't think these gumboots are waaaay too big for you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Dec 08 2011, 09:02

@ Vitruvian, you are not so naive to think that Sudan was brought to the table only by diplomatic means, are you? Very many lives (including Ugandan ones) were lost before Gen. Al Bashir saw the writing on the wall. And we didn't join the fray because we just wanted an adventure. Sudan was bombing Northern Uganda towns, on top of supporting the LRA. It was not until Ug neutralised the Sudanese Airforce dominance (around January 1997, to be exact) that the war went into a stalemate and forced Bashir to the negotiating table.

You don't sign away three quarters of your oil wealth and almost half of your land mass because a 'diplomatic' neighbour has convinced you.

These references to lance corporals and generals, I will let them pass. Typical of people who've never put on a uniform, apart from a school uniform, of course. There are so many lance corporals sacrificing for all of us, including in the KDF.

Now if you will let me remind you, we've been overtaken by events. Kenya voted to join AMISOM. Now we will see the 'standards' that you set at very close quarters. I can't help but laugh here, KDF had nearly three months and all they did was to bring to my attention towns in South Somalia I would have died without hearing about. And 'surrounding' the ones that mattered for months 'due to heavy rains'. Very new standards indeed, agreed.

You had all the leeway to do as you pleased now you will have Chapter 7 to contend with.
Wakenya! Mnanishangaza kabisa.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 09:26

good day guyz! can't resist the urge to contribute to this forum anymore! so i hope you good people will welcome me........................!

now to the main issue, KDF joining Amisom with this kind of stuff really????

INVESTIGATION: 2 UPDF Colonels Arrested Over UPDF Somalia Massacre

Last Thursday, President Yoweri Museveni
excused himself from the stormy retreat of NRM MPs at Kyankwanzi to
attend a highly confidential crisis meeting at State House, Entebbe.

He
had just gotten an ultra-secret brief from the commander of the
UPDF-led AMISOM contingent in Somalia Maj. Gen. Mugisha that over 100
peace-keeping troops had been killed in one day!

A
panicking Museveni, who sources say was inexpressibly enraged, directed
his secretary to summon all chiefs for an immediate meeting.

However,
all these developments were shrouded by the drama surrounding the
killing of Col. Muammar Gaddafi and funeral ceremonies of fallen Ankole
Prince John Barigye.

Museveni ordered to be linked via a secure video cable to AMISOM headquarters in Somalia.

As soon as Mugisha’s face appeared on the screen, Museveni angrily quizzed him.

“How
on earth could our fighters be ambushed and killed at once? There must
be a traitor within your forces. I want you to find out immediately who
is behind this and have him court marshalled.”

At
that time, Museveni was expecting a national outcry to immediately pull
out troops in Somalia. The Ppresident had failed to calm nerves at
Kyankwanzi as legislators insisted on censuring Premier Amama Mbabazi
for reportedly taking bribes from Tullow Oil. Back in Kampala,
opposition was planning demonstrations! Therefore, the President was
facing three weighty dilemmas at the same time.

During
the meeting at Entebbe, all the three issues were discussed. Museveni
said he suspected money exchanged hands before Somali massacre.

The
security chiefs planned on how to respond to a scenario where bodies of
slain UPDF troops were splashed on covers of newspapers around the
world. The situation would be reminiscent of the 1994 US troops’
massacre in Somalia where their bodies were dragged on the tarmac in
Mogadishu streets. US immediately pulled out.

“This
is why we rotate our troops now and again because these terrorists use
money to achieve their sinful ends. I want Col. Isoke to get to the
bottom of this matter,” Museveni fumed.

Col.
Isoke, a former head of Counter Intelligence at Chieftaincy of Military
Intelligence in Kampala, was sent to Somalia early this year to boost
intelligence gathering in the war-torn country.

He
was replaced by Maj. Muwonge, a senior military spy who ran
intelligence operations in DRC and Central African Republic in Congo
against LRA rebel leader Joseph Kony.

HOW IT HAPPENED

After
a thorough investigation, it has now emerged that three senior army
officers of UPDF, including two Colonels, betrayed our country by taking
bribes from a Somali terrorist responsible for the massacre.

We
can authoritatively reveal that the trio is now under arrest awaiting
Court Marshall trial. The army is still treating the matter with top
secrecy to avoid jeopardising national security and operations in
Somalia. This is why officers we called to confirm the matter said had
no authority “at this stage.”

Colonel
Kenneth Muhairwe, Lt Colonel Akandonda and Major Kakuriza, all from
western Uganda reportedly took a hefty USD80,000 bribe from an Al
Shabaab terrorist at Mogadishu Airport.

The airport, Somali President’s State House and other government buildings are under the guard of AMISOM.

The
officers, through their vigilance, had arrested the terrorist with
explosives he intended to use to blow up a camp of AMISOM.

In
what now appears as national betrayal and scandal of the year, the
three officers released the terrorist, who, four days later, killed
hundreds of AMISOM soldiers. Over 70 Burundi soldiers were killed in the
massacre that shocked the world. The army says only 15 died.

SMOKED OUT

As
they shared their blood-stained loot, the officers were spied on by a
low ranking officer Major Stuart Agaba. This officer was once a member
of the elite Presidential Guard Brigade now Special Forces. He was as
well President Museveni’s chief bodyguard. Those were days when army
spokesperson Col. Felix Kulayigye was still a member of PGB. Agaba was
fired in early 2000s as Museveni’s guard for indiscipline.

In Somali, however, Museveni entrusted Agaba with the sensitive logistics department.

Agaba
swiftly alerted the head of UPDF operations in Somalia Brigadier Paul
L’Oketch. Shocked to the marrow, Oketch summoned the three corrupt
officers and grilled them for four hours.

A source described the meeting as “hugely stormy and bullets were feared.”

“The
corrupt officers at first denied the saga, then admitted and tried to
compromise Oketch who turned down the bribe. They arrogantly said they
hailed from western Uganda and had the trust of the President,” a source
adds.

L’Oketch
immediately alerted his escorts to detain the corrupt officers pending
investigations into the matter. The officers were handcuffed and driven
under tight security to an officers’ safe house in Mogadishu. L’Oketch
later reshuffled operations commanders and talked to the president about
the matter.

A source says the terrorist they released was one of the chief operations strategist for Al Shabaab.

“It
would have been a great victory for us in the war against Al-Qaeda
funded Al Shabaab had they detained that terrorist. The love for money
cost us hundreds of well-trained lives,” a source adds.

“After
bombing the soldiers’ camp, the bodies were bayoneted and displayed in
the sand. It was a huge setback for UPDF in restoring peace in Somalia,”
the source adds.

The
development underlines the growing corruption tendencies in the army. A
few months ago, a batch of Special Forces raided Museveni’s treasury at
Okello House in Nakasero, robbing millions of shillings.

As we write this, Museveni has summoned Brigadier L’Oketch to Uganda to give a brief to the Security Council over the matter.

Once convicted, the corrupt officers will face a death penalty for the grave offence.

The
war against Kony in Northern Uganda took long simply because senior
officers had ghost soldiers on the payroll which over estimated UPDF
strength during the conflict.

The officers such as Brig. Henry Tumukunde, Gen. James Kazini (RIP) among others were charged over the scandal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next