THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC)

+8
mbs
tempest
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
mJESHI mMOJA
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Empty Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC)

Post  Admin Wed Oct 27 2010, 06:41

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 100_1510 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 295edm10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 443_1110 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 443_1111 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 610x12 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 610x310
Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Shipph10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Kinsha10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Mi-35h10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Mi_35v10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Papal210 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Sa-810
Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) 20060410 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Aermac10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Congo212 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Congol10 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Congol11 Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Fardc210

The sleeping giant of the region, in terms resource, manpower and equipments.
The President, Major General Joseph Kabila is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. The majority of FARDC members are land forces, but it also has a small air force and an even smaller navy. Together the three services may number around 65,000 personnel. In addition, there is a presidential force called the Republican Guard, and National Congolese Police which is not part of the Armed Forces.
The land forces of the Republic Democratic of the Congo is around 60.000 soldiers, with some 30 infantry regiment, 1 Presidential Guard, 1 infantry mechanised brigade, 1 commando brigade.

FARDC operated C-130, Mig-23, Mi-26 (largest Helicopter in the word) among other modern equipments. The well equiped FARDC is being constantly held at stalemate with its tiny neighbor Rwanda. FARDC has turn to Belgium to revamp it force.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Empty Re: Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC)

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Oct 27 2010, 22:41

C-130S, PUMAS, MIG-23,Su25,MI24,mi26 HAVOC, and a small navy this guys are well armed baba. if DRC traded arms with Rwanda mmh Rwanda would have the entire central africa under its boots. Risasi what’s that fighter next to the c-130 picture
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Empty Re: Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC)

Post  Balozi Thu Oct 28 2010, 09:14

Which type of MRLS are these Shocked
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Fri Oct 29 2010, 16:42

Eastern Europe tuu. I see T-72 like za Kenya. Arms race jamaa iko kweli. They is something about T-72 that its become a favorite commodity in the region.
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Oct 30 2010, 06:49

Balozi wrote:Which type of MRLS are these Shocked

RM-70, a Czechoslovakian variant of the Grad. 6 vehicles in service.
The jet is a Macchi MB-326 ground attack jet
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 08:17

I hear the parades are conducted in lingala music.

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Sat Oct 30 2010, 10:59

Ahh how would you match by it.
lol!
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Sun Oct 31 2010, 16:36

Young Kabila likes to inspect is troops to such songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr175wk_Ei0&feature=related
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Mon Nov 01 2010, 07:33

these are the guys we expect to fight Rwanda . kuna kazi hapa
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Nov 08 2010, 19:12

@Admin,

I think you need to expand this topic to include all other East African armies such as those of Burundi, Sudan and Ethiopia although the later two are often grouped as Northern. We would also like to see the armies of Eritrea,Somalia,Djibouti,Mozambique,Zambia and Malawi.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:46

Men the DRC has equipments that Kenya doesn’t have. Mi26, Hercules Mig 23 etc. What the cutting story behind there failures? Question
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Mar 02 2011, 17:45

Balozi wrote:Men the DRC has equipments that Kenya doesn’t have. Mi26, Hercules Mig 23 etc. What the cutting story behind there failures? Question

Of course training,discipline and their command structure.
I would not rate the MiG 23 that highly though.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mzalendo Sun Mar 06 2011, 11:12

I think that’s true. DRC larks training. If we compaere Zaires air force to Uganda or Rwanda , Zaire is more equiped. I am not sure if the equipment is in working order, but based on i we have seen DRC should be able to fend off an attack from Rwanda or Uganda.i also think training has pulled the down.

mzalendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Aug 25 2011, 01:33

According to the latest UN report on arms transfers in 2010 ( http://unhq-appspub-01.un.org/UNODA/UN_REGISTER.nsf ), the DR Congo has made the following acquistions from Ukraine.

100 T-72 tanks
10 152mm self propelled artillery
3,000 rifles and carbines
10,000 sub-machine guns
500 Light machine guns
100 Heavy machine gun
1,180 Grenade launchers
600 portable anti-tank guns

4 MI-24B helicopters
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:18

tempest wrote:According to the latest UN report on arms transfers in 2010 ( http://unhq-appspub-01.un.org/UNODA/UN_REGISTER.nsf ), the DR Congo has made the following acquistions from Ukraine.

100 T-72 tanks
10 152mm self propelled artillery
3,000 rifles and carbines
10,000 sub-machine guns
500 Light machine guns
100 Heavy machine gun
1,180 Grenade launchers
600 portable anti-tank guns

4 MI-24B helicopters

And nothing to show for all these purchases. Where do all these things go. Their army is hopeless, they are better off disposing these arms for economic gain before they fall into the hands of the rebels.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Dec 23 2012, 14:47

mzalendo wrote:I think that’s true. DRC larks training. If we compaere Zaires air force to Uganda or Rwanda , Zaire is more equiped. I am not sure if the equipment is in working order, but based on i we have seen DRC should be able to fend off an attack from Rwanda or Uganda.i also think training has pulled the down.

The DRC's military are a disgrace to their uniforms. Period.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mbs Mon Dec 24 2012, 00:09

Olekoima wrote:
mzalendo wrote:I think that’s true. DRC larks training. If we compaere Zaires air force to Uganda or Rwanda , Zaire is more equiped. I am not sure if the equipment is in working order, but based on i we have seen DRC should be able to fend off an attack from Rwanda or Uganda.i also think training has pulled the down.

The DRC's military are a disgrace to their uniforms. Period.
I wholly agree with you on this point. DRC is only a 'country' on paper otherwise it has failed its people. But the question that people are not asking themselves is this, if we kick out the sullen KABILA and we end up with a ' MELES ZEWANI' , the regions power house will shift to Central of Africa and we might end up with a 'USA' next door to us controlling the economy of half of Africa. I am one of the few who believes that if they cant dictate their own journey, then someone else will chart it for them; not always to their benefit!
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Dec 24 2012, 11:44

Congolese are naturally not oriented for serious matters like war. to defeat a battalion of FARDC, you only need the following in your arsenal. 10 crates of beer, a music system & 1 gun, lingala music tapes and probably 3 or so female dancers. believe me as soon as you play the music from neaby the entire brigade will abandon camp with all the weapons to come & dance & drink. you then only fire 1 shot & the soldiers will disapear. u then pack the abandoned weapons & walk away. am not kidding!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Dec 24 2012, 12:14

I was in the not so close vicinity when rdf used the tactic in 2009

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Dec 24 2012, 12:21

Kobooz wrote:Congolese are naturally not oriented for serious matters like war. to defeat a battalion of FARDC, you only need the following in your arsenal. 10 crates of beer, a music system & 1 gun, lingala music tapes and probably 3 or so female dancers. believe me as soon as you play the music from neaby the entire brigade will abandon camp with all the weapons to come & dance & drink. you then only fire 1 shot & the soldiers will disapear. u then pack the abandoned weapons & walk away. am not kidding!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing You are joking!!!!drunkendrunkendrunkendrunken

lol!lol!
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Dec 24 2012, 13:28

@SK this is not a joke or despising! i have interacted with a number of congolese they easily admit war is not an item on their menu. well i think from @ON's earlier post DRC is a country that needs a rebirth the citizens are so disconnected, demorolised they hav lost the sense of belonging. They have actually lost control of their country to foreigners. the soldiers do not have enough reasons to fight. but still every people have their giftings Congolese are not gifted with militance at all

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Tue Dec 25 2012, 11:31

Kobooz wrote:@SK this is not a joke or despising! i have interacted with a number of congolese they easily admit war is not an item on their menu. well i think from @ON's earlier post DRC is a country that needs a rebirth the citizens are so disconnected, demorolised they hav lost the sense of belonging. They have actually lost control of their country to foreigners. the soldiers do not have enough reasons to fight. but still every people have their giftings Congolese are not gifted with militance at all

Actually, the only ethnicity that has got the guts to fight in an organized formation are the banyamulenge who are closely related to the tutsi of rwanda. This is why every regime that comes to power-be it Kabila I and now Kabila II recruits them en masse in the army. But of course they are such dfficult group to satisfy that in a few months, they mutiny and break away.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 25 2012, 12:34

aggressor one wrote:
Kobooz wrote:@SK this is not a joke or despising! i have interacted with a number of congolese they easily admit war is not an item on their menu. well i think from @ON's earlier post DRC is a country that needs a rebirth the citizens are so disconnected, demorolised they hav lost the sense of belonging. They have actually lost control of their country to foreigners. the soldiers do not have enough reasons to fight. but still every people have their giftings Congolese are not gifted with militance at all

Actually, the only ethnicity that has got the guts to fight in an organized formation are the banyamulenge who are closely related to the tutsi of rwanda. This is why every regime that comes to power-be it Kabila I and now Kabila II recruits them en masse in the army. But of course they are such dfficult group to satisfy that in a few months, they mutiny and break away.

Not so,@Aggressor.

The Mulenge is a state less body of later-day Emigrants into Kivu from Rwanda-Urundi who were forced out duebto persistent Ethnic persecution just prior to decolonisation. Certainly not indigenous to the Congo at the Berlin Conference of 1895. They were as much the perpetrators as they also were victims of the horrendous Tutsi-Hutu pogroms, with their numbers growing with each. Officially unrecognized by Congo neither as Citizens nor as refugees, they join every Congo Rebellion in a deadly fight for acceptance and inclusion in Congo - from the first Kitanga Wars of Lumumba and Kasavumbi to the RPF invasion of Rwanda and each subsequent War in the Congo. They have the best reasons to fight any Congo Government - they are no better fighters than the Lendu, just better motivated.

Their largest weakness as Soldiers is their incurable and shocking blood-lust which I have always found impossible to tolerate close-proximity deployment with Tutsi-Hutu elements.

Back to top Go down

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Empty FARDC purchases upgraded T64 MBT

Post  Guest Sat Feb 22 2014, 21:27

RE-post from
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?121693-REQ-African-militaries/page96

http://www.obramba.com/novice/kopno/ukrajina-bo-izvazala-modernizirane-tanke-t-64/
UKRAINE FIRST BUYER OF THIN T- 64BV - 1 FOUND IN CONGO

Ukraine has more than 2,000 old Main battle tank T- 64 they want to sell updating and developing countries , instead of being recycled .

The Ukrainian state-owned company Ukroboronservice the Democratic Republic of Congo signed a contract to supply 50 Main battle tank T- 64BV -1. The Congo is expected to sign a contract in late 2013 , each tank is expected to cost around $ 200,000 . Congo will be the first country outside the former Soviet bloc, which will have in its armament thin T- 64th

It is not surprising that Ukraine offers to Third World countries to date a thin T- 64BV - 1 , as used by Ukrainian army of more than 2,200 , selling tanks but bring more money than recycling. Ukrainians promise you great success mainly to the sale of tanks T- 64BV - 1 in the markets where they are already so far used the weapons systems manufactured in the Soviet Union .

Updates tanks T- 64 will be conducted Ukrainian companies , according to the Ukrainian producer , and a thin T - 64BV1 according to the main technical specifications better than the T- 72M1 tanks . This should have more firepower and had a better tactical and combat attributes.

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) T-64BV1-ukrajinski-glavni-bojni-tank-640x336

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Feb 23 2014, 15:34

big boost for FARDC in terms of firepower and precision but along it, the should invest in the congomani soldier as well. the sheer unprofessionalism in these guys is just sickening!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Forces Armées de la République Démocratique du Congo (FARDC) Empty ZAIRE MISSILE PROGRAM

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24 2014, 01:38

i don't know if the Zaire missile program was meant to produce military ballistic missiles or just a space program. It seems there was a little help from Iran.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down