THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+38
Mbaine
Kepler-Euler
UncleBoni
mekatilili
aggressor one
Fabrizio
mwepesi
mambotupu
tempest
vince
MWAURA
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Ole Sidai
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
livefire
MOOZALENDO
timoh
Balozi
chui
areba
Al Bashir
SS Jamuhuri
Analyst
Batian
jasiri
kimiti
Sierra Kilo
Flying Crane
Spartan
mbs
Observer
countersniper
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
mogen
42 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Analyst Thu Jun 28 2012, 09:02

countersniper wrote:This should not be happening 20 kms from Kenyan border.
what happened here? why risk a small convoy without air cover?
such small resupply missions can be done from the air

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/KDF+convoy+attacked+at+town+near+border+/-/1056/1437736/-/suhq2f/-/index.html

Countersniper....

It happens only when success gets into ones head.....fortunately, Al-Shabaab has no capacity to inflict serious damage and inflict causalities.
However, your advice that aerial cover be provided during such missions is sound.
Though degraded, Al-Shabaab has its head intact to think and identify Kenya and its KDF weaknesses.
Such a SWOT analysis is what brings this ill success to Al-Shabaab.

They were able to launch a similar attack on an Ethiopian convoy as well yesterday....

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Thu Jun 28 2012, 12:37

aggressor one wrote:Meanwhile, tremendous advances by AMISOM in Sector 1 this week. UGABAG IX under Colonel Mugerwa captured Balad on Wednesday and are now advancing on the regional capital Jowhar, 60kms in the north of Mogadishu, meanwhile on the Afgoye-wanwayne-Baidoa stretch, the Ugandan Contingent was within 20kms of wanwayne at at least 60kms from Mogadishu on Wednesday. This is certainly a very rapid expansion of theatre in a very short time.

We have to admit UPDF has its act together and doing pretty well. (capture of Balaad, an agricultural sector/corridor and route to Central Somalia to Johwar....

Thumbs up!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jun 28 2012, 19:32

[quote="Risasi"]a KDF base/detachment in Zom after the AMISOM exit? i think so. An immediate pull out will create a power vacuum.

Thanks for the assurerance Risasi.

Our presence in Somalia,post this Al shabaab menace, gives a good picture of Kenya's regional-Geopolitical superiority.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jun 29 2012, 18:20

@jasiri civy ATC orders are the Holy Grail for the aviation world although military crafts have the way of right you know . What were you doing so close to the Mil bro? Ama ulikuwa na agalia?
I was holding on R14, the guy comes in bound from MAB n hovers right above me Mad
The Shabab strike again i think the U.N should just let us go in, search and locate alafu we hand them back their camp. it's easier and safer for all of us. ama we just close down the whole camp.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Jun 29 2012, 20:42

jasiri wrote:The Shabab strike again i think the U.N should just let us go in, search and locate alafu we hand them back their camp. it's easier and safer for all of us. ama we just close down the whole camp.

Clearly these Zoom skinnies should not be let to expand their reign of terror across the border. Its time to send in the red Berrets and do some general cleaning in the camps.!!!
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 10:39

Too many of you chaps making ''technical appearances''! Not healthy at all. If you put your snout in, tell the rest of us if the spicing is appropriate, people!

The effective strategy to degrade the AS is, simply put, to cut it off from the Civilian population by (i) physical,(ii) ideological and (iii) psychological separation. Physical – drive AS away from Civilian population and localize this Population in defendable and Administratively viable Centres; Ideological – destroy the ideological basis for the attraction to the AS’s Jihad against invading Christian Kaffir (co-opt local Militia in Forward Units and prominently manifest the ‘’Islamic /Kenya- Somali face’’ of KDF forces in Theatre); Psychological – ‘’heart and mind’’ campaign through provision of rudimentary social services, law and order, demonize the AS (!!)etc.

Kenya-somali youth that sought employment in AS since 2006 are flocking back home in their hundreds. Zoomali-somali youth are equally trudging in their hundreds into Refugee camps in Kenya; battling a superior relentless Force with the results being so clearly inevitable holds no attraction to them. Increasingly, Civilian Population has been localized around defendable Administrative Centres within the Theatre, and commercial Centres are wrested from the AS weekly and thereby degrading AS ability to finance and sustain its operation in Theatre. Large-scale desertions inevitably have ensued, and the AS breaking up into small bands employing bandit-type robber tactics for survival – there is no longer an ideology driving these brigands. In Sector II, that is though I am sure UGABAG is similarly engaged.

If Kenya lets lose the GSU into these Kenyan Camps to ‘sweep ‘em’’ as suggested here, guess what will result? At the least, we would lose the Camps and engender a low-grade conflict that the AS would take good advantage of to bring this madness home to us. Best bet is to continue to stabilize these Camps (difficult but doable), while GoK/KDF continues the Military-Political establishing of AZANIA . These Camps will drive the rebuilding of AZANIA facing Westwards, with a People that have assimilated some great level of ‘’Kenyanese’’ into themselves.

While these so-called ‘’humanitarian aid workers’’ have the correct ideological grounding, it is not debatable that none of them wishes these camps abolished nor even translocated into Zoomalia for reasons that are not Zoomalian at all. It is a fact that they have carried little activity in these camps in the past year, probably by design and not by accident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:18

That brings to mind that the Zoomalia People are slowly but inexorably moving back together. New very loose Federal Constitution (with near-autonomous regions such as Azania, Somaliland etc) drafted as agreed and now awaiting accent of the Constituent Assembly in July, Soomaliland and TFG have agreed to merge eventually. I reckon we are all turning the Corner on this thing!

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:47

ole Nkarei wrote:
While these so-called ‘’humanitarian aid workers’’ have the correct ideological grounding, it is not debatable that none of them wishes these camps abolished nor even translocated into Zoomalia for reasons that are not Zoomalian at all. It is a fact that they have carried little activity in these camps in the past year, probably by design and not by accident.

@ON
Careers and BIG money ($$$$$$) have been made over the years and continue to be made out of the misery of Soomaali people in refugee camps. Indeed, many career Humanitarian Workers loathe to countenance the closure of those refugee camps. Best thing is to increase the pull factor and reduce push factors in Soomaaliya. To do so we need to improve security and social services (albeit rudimentary). The people desire a better life than the camps have afforded them in the last 20yrs.

I cannot forget an account of medical services rendered to some refugees as narrated to me by a colleague when returned to Eldoret after a tour of duty in Dadaab in 1994. Disgusting, demeaning, degrading, dehumanising are all understatements.

Last edited by mogen on Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:18; edited 2 times in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sat Jun 30 2012, 14:48

ole Nkarei wrote:Too many of you chaps making ''technical appearances''! Not healthy at all. If you put your snout in, tell the rest of us if the spicing is appropriate, people!

Heard you loud n clear. Point noted. My apologies though to all forummers whom i hav offended with my 'technical appearances'.

I'm screwed most of the time although I always keep 'self updated n post when necessary.

I adore anything to do with KDF...thats why I like this forum. I once missed a chance to join KDF...But contrally I haven't lost my desire to serve this country. I'm eyeing the NSIS 'THINK TANK'currently...no further individual speculation.

Hope I hav calmed down previous 'risen eyebrows'....or is my ambition lifting some eyebrows here?? Neverthless, I'm the one to worry abt that one:) Smile .

Any remaining GREY AREAS?

My pleasure.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:27

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Too many of you chaps making ''technical appearances''! Not healthy at all. If you put your snout in, tell the rest of us if the spicing is appropriate, people!

Heard you loud n clear. Point noted. My apologies though to all forummers whom i hav offended with my 'technical appearances'.

I'm screwed most of the time although I always keep 'self updated n post when necessary.

I adore anything to do with KDF...thats why I like this forum. I once missed a chance to join KDF...But contrally I haven't lost my desire to serve this country. I'm eyeing the NSIS 'THINK TANK'currently...no further individual speculation.

Hope I hav calmed down previous 'risen eyebrows'....or is my ambition lifting some eyebrows here?? Neverthless, I'm the one to worry abt that one:) Smile .

Any remaining GREY AREAS?

My pleasure.

Hehehe! Nothing wrong with those intentions, @Cycoh ''DUDUS''. Perfectly legit and in order. I hope the spooky chaps will have you eventually. We can all serve this Motherland in many ways that are all special.

And technical appearances are not just you - hell, on a normal day there will be about 21 forummers in the drinking trough, with only about 4 or so posts from probably 3 forummers!! Now, that is joyriding, and it just ain't right, I reckon! Everyone needs to ''changia'' to grow this forum,ama?? Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:49

tHANKS. Lets get into business @ON.

ole Nkarei wrote:The effective strategy to degrade the AS is, simply put, to cut it off from the Civilian population by (i) physical,(ii) ideological and (iii) psychological separation. Physical – drive AS away from Civilian population and localize this Population in defendable and Administratively viable Centres; Ideological – destroy the ideological basis for the attraction to the AS’s Jihad against invading Christian Kaffir (co-opt local Militia in Forward Units and prominently manifest the ‘’Islamic /Kenya- Somali face’’ of KDF forces in Theatre); Psychological – ‘’heart and mind’’ campaign through provision of rudimentary social services, law and order, demonize the AS (!!)etc.

Too much catastrophic ON.I beg to differ with you on this.

Honestly if we use this "US-Taliban" methodology to get rid of Al Shabaab, we might find ourselves in a very big mess!!...Just like the US (Victims of suicide bombers).

ISOLATING someone who is critically n illusionally, salivating for some seven virgins, located in....God knows where, isn't the best way to deal with such lunatics. But I know it can be done besides isolation, coz where there is a will there is a way.

FLIPSIDE; If KDF is planning to do it the US-style, can we manage such an expensive venture, keeping in mind that we will be in somalia for not less than five years?
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Counter Intelligence on Al-Shabaab

Post  Analyst Sun Jul 01 2012, 00:12

Thousands of Al-Shabaab fighters have either died, are seriously wounded/maimed, or vanished from their ranks and fold, inflicting serious damage to the militants militia activity capability.

In their tactical and forced retreat, Al-Shabaab is not defeated, rather provided with opportunity to rethink their strategy owing to the fact they still control much of Somalia (Central and Southern).

Al-Shabaab is now split into small units headed by either a foreign fighter with vast guerrilla or terrorist activity knowledge to facilitate success in operations or a militant with skill-set and leadership capacity to achieve desired objectives in a timely manner.

This new policy can be described as ‘Small Unit Leadership’
Strategic Intelligence /?p=2597 Inside Al-Shabaab Plans, Counter Intelligence to Preempt.
June 28 | Posted

In my view looking deeper into what remains as the only way to go for the Al-Shabaab, then laying booby traps for them, would be a great way to incapacitate them, demoralize them, and disorient them with zero success by being ready for the mentioned plans they have.

Imagine failing in every operation they launch besides losing all the unit to a well laid trap?
The desperation and fright would be equally devastating besides demoralizing.
This equals to 'out of options' status hence be in a position of a 'sitting duck'!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Jul 01 2012, 05:34

Analyst wrote:

Thousands of Al-Shabaab fighters have either died, are seriously wounded/maimed, or vanished from their ranks and fold, inflicting serious damage to the militants militia activity capability.

In their tactical and forced retreat, Al-Shabaab is not defeated, rather provided with opportunity to rethink their strategy owing to the fact they still control much of Somalia (Central and Southern).

Al-Shabaab is now split into small units headed by either a foreign fighter with vast guerrilla or terrorist activity knowledge to facilitate success in operations or a militant with skill-set and leadership capacity to achieve desired objectives in a timely manner.

Strategic Intelligence /?p=2597 Inside Al-Shabaab Plans, Counter Intelligence to Preempt.
June 28 | Posted

In my view looking deeper into what remains as the only way to go for the Al-Shabaab, then laying booby traps for them, would be a great way to incapacitate them, demoralize them, and disorient them with zero success by being ready for the mentioned plans they have.

Imagine failing in every operation they launch besides losing all the unit to a well laid trap?

@Analyst
Can't open Intelligence Briefs website. Browers reporting existence of 'Malware' in the site. Has someone sneaked in malicious code or there is a programming problem?

A.S. appear to be slowly metamorphosing into robber/bandit gangs. May present the new problem to be dealt with. They are losing badly.
http://www.muujis.com/2012/06/30/mustaqbal-money-transfer-branch-robbed-in-mogadishu/
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sun Jul 01 2012, 08:03

mogen wrote:
Analyst wrote:

June 28 | Posted

@Analyst
Can't open Intelligence Briefs website. Browers reporting existence of 'Malware' in the site. Has someone sneaked in malicious code or there is a programming problem?

A.S. appear to be slowly metamorphosing into robber/bandit gangs. May present the new problem to be dealt with. They are losing badly.
http://www.muujis.com/2012/06/30/mustaqbal-money-transfer-branch-robbed-in-mogadishu/

i think the sharp fall in pirate earnings due to increased surveillance of the coastline from KDF and other forces will see an increase in local domestic robberies and thefts. to make up for the loss of revenue and survival money for the ex pirates and roaming gangs of EX ALSHABAB FIGHTERS.lack of local police will exasperate the problem
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Jul 01 2012, 10:30

Fleeing A.S. members...
A.S. on the run are now so desperate as to harass Soomaali refugees in Yemen. Terrible!!!!!
http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/somali_refugees_in_yemen_continue_to_feel_scourge_of_al-shabaab/
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty now boko haram type killings/ strikes by alshbab in garissa kenya

Post  countersniper Sun Jul 01 2012, 11:57

mogen wrote:
Fleeing A.S. members...
A.S. on the run are now so desperate as to harass Soomaali refugees in Yemen. Terrible!!!!!
http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/somali_refugees_in_yemen_continue_to_feel_scourge_of_al-shabaab/

alshabab must be hit hard ..very hard...KENYA POLICE IS LETTING US DOWN.....
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/10+dead+50+injured+in+twin+Garissa+church+attacks/-/1056/1441242/-/afw87bz/-/index.html

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2012/07/10-killed-in-twin-garissa-churches-attack/
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Kenya special forces to liberate kismayu

Post  countersniper Sun Jul 01 2012, 13:09

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Kenya+to+use+commandos+to+attack+Kismayu/-/2558/1440552/-/2j6ejdz/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 01 2012, 14:19

countersniper wrote:
mogen wrote:
Fleeing A.S. members...

alshabab must be hit hard ..very hard...KENYA POLICE IS LETTING US DOWN.....
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/10+dead+50+injured+in+twin+Garissa+church+attacks/-/1056/1441242/-/afw87bz/-/index.html

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2012/07/10-killed-in-twin-garissa-churches-attack/

Poleni sana. Very worrying trend
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Sun Jul 01 2012, 17:17

[quote="ole Nkarei"][quote="Cycoh 'DUDUS'"][quote="ole Nkarei"]Too many of you chaps making ''technical appearances''! Not healthy at all. If you put your snout in, tell the rest of us if the spicing is appropriate, people!

Very sad development to lose faithfuls like that. Detachment after detachment I saw NEP grow. Following completion of Mwingi – GSA highway in 1995, whole GSA exploded with commerce and civility. Bangale was no more bandit flash point that was. Civil servants and other Kenyans eager to invest found a home in the hot riverside frontier city. NEP is no longer drag to KE economy but a source of inspiration. It is regrettable to see AS thugs trying to dismantle this promising civilization.

We may point fingers at police laxity but hell NO! It is practically impossible to police that entire porous border especially from Kiunga to Mandera. The society and indeed local herders, chiefs with their clans. It is the Imams, Bishops and everyone’s responsibility to police and report such thugs at the planning stages.

@ Ole Nkerai, tough calendar truly burns my clock out necessitating technical appearances! My “H” hour to permanently damage my head is this Nov and guess what dissertations, practicals, work and family can do to tick tock, tick tock! Not easy……entaugu. Lakini after miezi kumi na tano CTS, I developed to know Cmdr Jeff, George, Eddy, Ond and others in the theatre much more than my brothers huko shugs in the next 14yrs of my life. It is that close bro!!! See you after Nov huko Ostrich farm for a cold tusker malt and mixed grill.
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Sun Jul 01 2012, 17:37

It is baffling that we are still drooling over the 'mighty and effective KDF' when none of our cities are safe! I said this here a few months ago; but it seems everyone is still excited by our show of 'military might' thousands of miles away from home yet we have forgotten the homeland! Very soon these vile cowards and their mystics will be running the show in Kenya and unrest will continue to grow. This new tactic they have employed is sadly effective and I cower at the thought of its exportation to the bigger towns and cities.

Very soon gunmen with grenades and guns will be raiding the malls, churches and streets of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nakuru and the government will be playing catch up, opportunistic politicians making speeches at the scenes before the blood stops flowing and our police force will get to the scene of the crime an hour after the fact.

We have sold our country to the highest bidders, opened our boders to those with money and now our cities are overrun with Somali militants and their sympathizers and other Islamists that are keen on going after your mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and friends blood.

Kismayu falls! SO WHAT! Will that bring back the semblance of stability to our burning nation? Will that kill the spirits of the Islamists that have infiltrated our country?

We sold ourselves to the Americans and we continue to pay the price and even when we insist that Kenyana is the power we serve, no one will see past our prostitution to the Americans. They sit pretty in Washington and innocent Kenyans pay the price!

Close the borders, send the Somalis back to the liberated regions of their country, bring our troops back home to protect the homeland, or We may as well see ourselves from what we are becoming, Kenyanistan.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:55

mekatilili wrote:It is baffling that we are still drooling over the 'mighty and effective KDF' when none of our cities are safe! I said this here a few months ago; but it seems everyone is still excited by our show of 'military might' thousands of miles away from home yet we have forgotten the homeland! Very soon these vile cowards and their mystics will be running the show in Kenya and unrest will continue to grow. This new tactic they have employed is sadly effective and I cower at the thought of its exportation to the bigger towns and cities.

Very soon gunmen with grenades and guns will be raiding the malls, churches and streets of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nakuru and the government will be playing catch up, opportunistic politicians making speeches at the scenes before the blood stops flowing and our police force will get to the scene of the crime an hour after the fact.

We have sold our country to the highest bidders, opened our boders to those with money and now our cities are overrun with Somali militants and their sympathizers and other Islamists that are keen on going after your mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and friends blood.

Kismayu falls! SO WHAT! Will that bring back the semblance of stability to our burning nation? Will that kill the spirits of the Islamists that have infiltrated our country?

We sold ourselves to the Americans and we continue to pay the price and even when we insist that Kenyana is the power we serve, no one will see past our prostitution to the Americans. They sit pretty in Washington and innocent Kenyans pay the price!

Close the borders, send the Somalis back to the liberated regions of their country, bring our troops back home to protect the homeland, or We may as well see ourselves from what we are becoming, Kenyanistan.

Bro, you are playing right into the trap of the terrorists! Terrorist acts are intended to sow disunity, doubt, fear, criticism of one's gov't etc. What would you rather the gov't or KDF do? Even if there were a million KDF deployed to protect the cities, attacks like these are extremely difficult to stop.

The best response to terrorism is to show them you are not cowed, at least Kenyans owe it to the memory of the late Saitoti.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Kenyans, brace yourself for the future

Post  Guest Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:57

A.S. is weakened yes but still is inflicting pain to Kenyans. Just like the Mungiki locally we need to think long-term. Even after the fall of Kismayu we may still suffer attacks locally.

So the big question is, how do we tackle that? The police seem ill-prepared for the task-currently. I however think the biggest question lies with our intelligence agencies!

What are these guys really doing? Could they have averted this incidence of broad daylight terrorism? If no, then what do we need to do so that events don't recur.

I know the border is porous and long but it is our country. We have to find lasting solutions.

• How viable is the use of satellites in such a region? Can we afford or not?

• Can drones help security agencies to monitor the hot spots/suspicious movements?
  • Are police reservists still active in NEP? Do we need more?
  • In the short-term, do we need to send a couple of GSUs to every church in NEP?
  • I think the police will also need to have 'plain clothes' officers in those church services. Uniformed regular police will be like sitting ducks. They are easy picks. It is saddening that one of the reasons we crossed the border into Som is still haunting us to this day.
  • Do we need to overhaul our HUMINT systems in NEP? Do heads need to roll?
  • => Human life is sacred and it is unacceptable that Kenyans are being killed like chickens in their own country.

• + A.S/ A.S sympathizers on this forum; your days are numbered. You can not and will not defeat the will of the Kenyan People.
  • = GOD HELP KENYA!

Last edited by rwigi on Sun Jul 01 2012, 21:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:58

Gentlemen, what does this "new" partnering with Iran mean at a time when the UNSC is pushing hard for sanctions and a ban on Iranian oil on the market? The agreement does not guarantee below market or fixed prices therefore the move seems more political than economical. The BS about guaranteed supplies is for the bees and birds, nobody is buying that, it does not seem like reason enough to risk what's at stake.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Kenya+turns+to+Iran+for+oil+despite+embargo+/-/539546/1441364/-/peg5eo/-/index.html
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Sun Jul 01 2012, 21:54

mekatilili wrote:It is baffling that we are still drooling over the 'mighty and effective KDF' when none of our cities are safe! I said this here a few months ago; but it seems everyone is still excited by our show of 'military might' thousands of miles away from home yet we have forgotten the homeland! Very soon these vile cowards and their mystics will be running the show in Kenya and unrest will continue to grow. This new tactic they have employed is sadly effective and I cower at the thought of its exportation to the bigger towns and cities.

I support the deployment of the troops in somalia to the hilt. Infact, they should be upped if necessary, and stay there till the job gets jobbed. There are currently less than 5,000 troops so that leaves over 40,000 of them free. The police as we see them are fucking incompetent and something needs to be done pronto. the only time I see police is when they are collecting bribes on our roads and guarding banks. who are these guys serving coz its not the ordinary Mwananchi!
If these attacks continue, the outcome will be very dire for a section of people in this country. Its just the wrong timing being the election period when we all look for excuses to release the animal in us, and it does not auger well for the Somalis in our communities. We just don't need this.
Internal Security needs to up their ante and style up or just sod off!!
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Sun Jul 01 2012, 23:19

The emphasis is put on our blitz and success in Somalia but everyone should now know we are the most vulnerable in East Africa! @Spartan, unlike Uganda, we have the largest refugee camps in the world and in our cities are hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants who spent less than $100 to acquire a Kenyan birth certificate and identity card. Remember the greatest portion of the money from piracy ends up in Kenya and that means there are hundreds of thousands of people with connections to Al Shabaab and other terrorist groups in Kenya.

It is easy to say that the people should not be cowed because the terrorist will win and I would agree with that if only our government and intelligence agencies were up to task. If only they would take a break from their lofty homes and saw the price that the average Kenyan is paying. Our police force is compromised and by extension our intelligence system is also compromised!

For decades we have done the bidding for the West and have been the foot soldiers in their adventures in Africa but now we are at a crossroads and the West will do anything to further their agenda; even if it means destabilizing Kenya. In this respect we are groping in the dark, we are put on lists of shame, our economy continues to shrink and the war is now in our back yard. The moment we will attempt to deal with these goons decisively, American funded "human rights" groups will cite us for human rights abuses never mind the fact corpses of innocent Kenyans pile up thanks to the goons! The rights of the terrorists and thugs take precedence over that of the innocent Kenyan that was attacked to begin with.

I submit to you all that the terrorists will win if we continue to allow ourselves to be used as pawns. I agree we need to take the fight to Kismayu and deal with Al Shabaab wherever they run but we can not ignore the homeland! We need to deal with the rot in the system and put our interests at home first!

• Do we have enough resources to sustain a battle from two fronts?

• Are we capable of sustaining a full scale operation in our North Eastern counties and in Somalia?

• Can we secure the border and ensure that the international community steps in to assist with the refugee problem?

• What about the rot in our immigration and police force?

I believe the refugees should go back to the liberated parts of Somalia and the international community should step in to secure their future in Somalia. (This is the official GOK position too) That is the only way this burden will be lifted from our shoulders. Our immigration system needs to be overhauled and the police force (the impediment) should be reformed! In all, the homeland should come first even if it means our resources can only be brought to bear within our boundaries.

mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sun Jul 01 2012, 23:37

SIN Hacked

It is official the website Strategic Intelligence News has been hacked.
The website might have made enemies ...all the best as they restore the site.
Can't explain for what reasons owing its a free content blog, though quite a significant contributor to national security issues analysis.

About Al-Shabaab, they have been degraded interms of operational, strategic assets/economic capability, and military-policing capacity they had over swathes of land they held.

This does not mean these militants are finished, rather, their level of influence in Somali socioeconomic's has slashed significantly.

In this mode, Al-Shabaab cannot operate with authority rather with fear and discretion.
What we will see in the coming days is desperate counter moves by the militants.
And having plans to counter these attacks and plans is the best option

Two,.....Strategic Intelligence had issued terror alerts on June 27th and detailed very comprehensive leads on what the cowardly terrorists would do or plan to do in the event of these terror acts.

Here is the alert issued on the Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strategic-Intelligence-News/160015394039083?ref=tn_tnmn)

Strategic Intelligence News
June 27
Terror Attack Alerts on Civilian

Targets:- civilians
Targets:- Mogadishu, Afgoye Nairobi, Mombasa
Targets:- Roadside targets, hotels, public terminals

Source Matrix:-2-day old threats and statements made my Al-Shabaab, terror actions by the terrorists, pattern of actions/terror events.
Like · · Share

Chris Christopher likes this.
Write a comment...

19 people reached · 4%
Strategic Intelligence News
June 27
Terror Attack Alert to Civilian and Military Personnel in Action in Somalia

Possible attacks from Al-Shabaab militia active in Somalia will occur. KDF/SNA will be targets.

Source matrix:-2-day old Al-Shabaab statements and militia/terror actions consummate culmination of the intent to accomplish such missions.

Targets
Juba region of Somalia:-KDF/SNA bases, moving troop convoys,

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Jul 02 2012, 09:50

mekatilili wrote:
We sold ourselves to the Americans and we continue to pay the price and ...they sit pretty in Washington and innocent Kenyans pay the price!

@mekatilili
Before our forces went to Soomaaliya Al-Shabaab were hitting us - no provocation at all and even if we continued to turn a blind eye at their incursions we would still be hit harder and harder. Forget about the A.S. propaganda.

Truth be told:Our people suffer not because of the West/Americans or KDF's entry into Soomaaliya. Nada!!. Our people suffer because A.S. 1) teaches and propagates misguided beliefs paraded as Islam and 2) they have no regard to the rights of others, including good neighbours who feed the relatives of A.S. fighters. that is why I encourage you to find an answer to the following question posed by one Muslim: What morality is there in killing worshippers in a church?

To sympathize or not to sympathize with A.S. is a personal choice. As for me, they are thankless and dangerous fellows who must be hit even harder while we strengthen our homeland security. What you propose in your 2 posts exposes your 'yellow belly' [aka Yala bala] which, thankfully, makes it easier to see what informs your writings. I'm a Christian and have family members and close friends who are either christians or muslims. I'm upset murderers can main and kill pretending to do it for religion. I also ask you: What morality is there in killing worshippers in a church?

Instead of saying 'Kenyanistan' you should have just hit the nail on the head and said 'Nigeria' in your thinly veiled ....

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/What+morality+is+there+to+kill+worshippers+in+church/-/1056/1441610/-/mes5lqz/-/index.html

The create a refugee crisis, we host hundreds of thousands of their people in refugee camps for 20+yrs and they have the audacity to attack and kidnap aid workers in the refugee camps and you have the cheek to tell us 'all that is be of the West/USA!!!!!!, haiya! Bure kabisa wewe, ...

A.S. must decide at what time they must make a 'tactical' surrender and join the peace-loving people of Soomaaliya.
Phew!!!! Washindwe.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Jul 02 2012, 10:32

Four kidnapped aid workers rescued in Somalia
A joint force of Somalia and Kenyan soldiers has rescued four aid workers kidnapped from the Dadaab refugee camp three days ago. One Al-Shabaab militant was killed and another one arrested in the Sunday night rescue in Alibule, 70km from Afmadow.

The four, who work with the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), come from Canada, Norway, Pakistan and the Philippines. "They are safe in our hands, they have been freed," said Kenyan army spokesman Cyrus Oguna. Somali commanders also confirmed the hostages, seized on Friday in the Dadaab refugee camp, had been released.

Military helicopters and police had chased the gunmen on Friday, who drove off with the hostages in their vehicle. It was later found abandoned, with fears the gang were heading towards Somalia, some 100 kilometres (60 miles) from Dadaab....Click to read more of the story
or go to: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kidnapped+aid+workers+rescued+in+Somalia/-/1056/1441862/-/k5d0j8z/-/index.html

Glad to know that those brigands were chased and caught. The buffer zone may happen sooner that some people think.
Washindwe!!!
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Mon Jul 02 2012, 13:16

mogen wrote:Four kidnapped aid workers rescued in Somalia
A joint force of Somalia and Kenyan soldiers has rescued four aid workers kidnapped from the Dadaab refugee camp three days ago. One Al-Shabaab militant was killed and another one arrested in the Sunday night rescue in Alibule, 70km from Afmadow.

The four, who work with the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), come from Canada, Norway, Pakistan and the Philippines. "They are safe in our hands, they have been freed," said Kenyan army spokesman Cyrus Oguna. Somali commanders also confirmed the hostages, seized on Friday in the Dadaab refugee camp, had been released.

Military helicopters and police had chased the gunmen on Friday, who drove off with the hostages in their vehicle. It was later found abandoned, with fears the gang were heading towards Somalia, some 100 kilometres (60 miles) from Dadaab....Click to read more of the story
or go to: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kidnapped+aid+workers+rescued+in+Somalia/-/1056/1441862/-/k5d0j8z/-/index.html

Glad to know that those brigands were chased and caught. The buffer zone may happen sooner that some people think.
Washindwe!!!

these latest developments in internal security are worrying, but overacting will play into their scheme, we can all figure why they target the churches, the intention is to birth an internal "religious conflict" that will take its own life and by extension allow them to thrive within. These kind of strikes cannot be prevented entirely esp. as long as Daadab exist and the AS are ranging in Somalia... what is required is escalation of intelligence gathering and an increased presence in these frontier towns, lets have more plain clothes embedded within the locals, including having plain clothes Somali KDF embedded with the locals and refugees as was the case during the shifta years and any other COIN methods to ensure these goons have little room to maneuver... Daadab has the danger of becoming an internal "AS central" as their bases in Somali are routed, the internal security security apparatus must develop a strategy for Daadab and the NGO's should be required to play ball, they hold a lot of intel as they receive and register refugees. Meanwhile as things get some semblance in Somali it'll allow the locals to find some reason to belong and this might empty Daadab. ...

great news on the rescue! lifts the spirits after the Sunday attack.. kudos KDF ...@ON it hard to keep up with @mogen Very Happy...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Jul 02 2012, 13:53

Observer wrote:
mogen wrote:Four kidnapped aid workers rescued in Somalia
AClick to read more of the story

what is required is escalation of intelligence gathering and an increased presence in these frontier towns, lets have more plain clothes embedded within the locals, including having plain clothes Somali KDF embedded with the locals and refugees as was the ... Daadab has the danger of becoming an internal "AS central" as their bases in Somali are routed, .. Meanwhile as things get some semblance in Somali it'll allow the locals to find some reason to belong and this might empty Daadab. ...

great news on the rescue! lifts the spirits after the Sunday attack.. kudos KDF ...@ON it hard to keep up with @mogen Very Happy...

@Observer
Yes, it is great news. can't wait to hear news about the others still being held by A.S.
All Churches in the area are assigned 2 uniformed police officers and on the material day two officers were seated and pre-occuppied with reading some material when the thugs walked in and shot those sitting officers. Now that's not guarding premises.

Two things will emerge out of this kind of incidences:
1. a re-awakening of security services from slumber and
2. police reforms will become easier, more focused and successful.

I have no doubt that a combination of strategies including installation of surveillance cameras, embedding of plain clothes security officers, infiltration of Dadaab by KDF + other security agents etc will see those brigands reasonably controlled. But we must start relocation people to liberated areas and empty Dadaab gradually. Thousands of those refugees are sick of being there and want to restart their lives.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next