THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+20
Kobooz
one man army
countersniper
Mbaine
vince
Sierra Kilo
areba
georiise
MWAURA
Spartan
Technician
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Flying Crane
Balozi
Sisal Makonge
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Admin
24 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Sisal Makonge Wed Mar 02 2011, 07:13

Risasi wrote:
mzalendo wrote:@risasi r u risasi lead or risasi bullet. Very Happy
anyway I think that that type of Technology is still advance and it will be out of reach for third world countries. ARAAM is the missile

advance sidewinder used by the KAF. It can engage from all directions. this picture is more then 5 yre old, Contemplate that.
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Untitl10

Nice picture where is this Moi AB? is this the F-5EM
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Mar 07 2011, 10:25

What is this again?
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/InsidePage.php?id=2000030623&cid=4
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Fri Mar 11 2011, 18:47

Olekoima wrote:What is this again?
any more news on the issue Olekoima ?
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Mar 14 2011, 12:45

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
Olekoima wrote:What is this again?
any more news on the issue Olekoima ?

Nothing much. May be this:-

http://standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000031115&cid=4&
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Mar 14 2011, 19:04

Some interesting development:-

http://www.raxanreeb.com/?p=87167
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Empty deployment at border

Post  ole Nkar Mon Mar 14 2011, 19:37

Nothing to it, Olekoima. The usual SF insertions / extractions stuff, though now heightened to path-find the new ex-mayani TGF brigade movement into the Centre. The boots, HELOs and Tracked vehicles simply deployed at border to close the door to possible spill-over - Meles has been trying to suck us into this thing, his Insertion of his recently trained TGF brigade through Mandera / Bulla Hawo case in point. Al-shabaab is done, just a matter of time.

ole Nkar

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Mar 15 2011, 09:48

ole Nkar wrote:Nothing to it, Olekoima. The usual SF insertions / extractions stuff, though now heightened to path-find the new ex-mayani TGF brigade movement into the Centre. The boots, HELOs and Tracked vehicles simply deployed at border to close the door to possible spill-over - Meles has been trying to suck us into this thing, his Insertion of his recently trained TGF brigade through Mandera / Bulla Hawo case in point. Al-shabaab is done, just a matter of time.

Thanks for the info buddy.
I saw your rallying call at the Chronicles. However anything i post in that site keeps bouncing back. I don't know what the problem is.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Mar 16 2011, 15:43

ooh Tom !!!!!!
welcome feel at home this is your forum too. Feel free to post and express your insights.
@blog
to add on what has been said above the situation on the ground is also dire and disturbing to our AU brothers. AU needs logistic and intel from kDOD. we are doing what we can best do.

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Ceelas10
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Id10
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 610
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Baar710
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Mar 16 2011, 16:48

Black Hawk Down all over again. Seriously the KDoD needs to help these guys with intell and possibly CAS. This buggers are hapless! Separatelly @Mjeshi mmoja, what happened to Kilo November pics u were supoosed to post?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Empty deployment at border

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 01:36

Hey Jasiri, seen your tracks all over the Net, you busy man! Thanks for the welcome. Those pics you post fill me with a murderous craving to go back in with an open license. But that is just what Meles is playing for. God, man! Bloody animals, these Alshabaab! War is hell, for sure, but kids making sport of a dead soldier? And their mothers and fathers looking on? Three colleagues of the dead soldier in the picture got three years each in prison just day before jana - for shooting into this very clowd !! BTW, you read of the American damage control on that Maersk Ship in Angola?

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Thu Mar 17 2011, 09:45

ole Nkarei wrote:Hey Jasiri, seen your tracks all over the Net, you busy man! Thanks for the welcome. Those pics you post fill me with a murderous craving to go back in with an open license. But that is just what Meles is playing for. God, man! Bloody animals, these Alshabaab! War is hell, for sure, but kids making sport of a dead soldier? And their mothers and fathers looking on? Three colleagues of the dead soldier in the picture got three years each in prison just day before jana - for shooting into this very clowd !! BTW, you read of the American damage control on that Maersk Ship in Angola?

@ ole Nkarei welcome its an open forum free to all. A blog is not a blog without contributors. so Whats the American damage control on that Maersk Ship in Angola?

Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Thu Mar 17 2011, 12:14

@jasiri my HDisk crashed and lost most pictures. i am in the process of recovering back the Data. Some pics of Kilo November in training modes.

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 210
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 110
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Web-pi10

P/S
I will post you a clip on youtube soonest but no question please. Kula na macho
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Mar 17 2011, 21:31

Navy SBS (Special Boat Services) in trainning. Don't ask how i know.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Mar 18 2011, 07:23

@blog Admin. I feel this pictures need to be removed for the decency of the bereaved families and Nationalities.

@Risasi on the lazy boys on the missile. It looks very normal to me. i.e not an advance type.I mean it’s your word against ours that the missile is an advance type. It looks just like any normal sidewinder. You can call it any model you want to. Its more the 5yre old as you state.

Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Mar 18 2011, 12:36

@ Crane, this is a blog for people who can take the grim and gore. Most people here are soldiers or people with background in security. If we debate war and the possible implications then we must face the realities of war, it helps to keep us sober.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Mar 19 2011, 07:58

Flying Crane wrote:@blog Admin. I feel this pictures need to be removed for the decency of the bereaved families and Nationalities.

@Risasi on the lazy boys on the missile. It looks very normal to me. i.e not an advance type.I mean it’s your word against ours that the missile is an advance type. It looks just like any normal sidewinder. You can call it any model you want to. Its more the 5yre old as you state.

@ crane
The so called lazy boys have now reached a good bench mark. They can bring down any aggressor neighbors in 75 seconds in an engagement. In the last Red flag details and info on the F-5 against modern fighters like the F-15 in ratio of 2:2 ,2:1, 4:4 and the kill results were impressive and unpredictable.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Mar 19 2011, 08:48

Risasi wrote:
mzalendo wrote:@risasi r u risasi lead or risasi bullet. Very Happy
anyway I think that that type of Technology is still advance and it will be out of reach for third world countries. ARAAM is the missile

Advance sidewinder used by the KAF. It can engage from all directions. this picture is more then 5 yre old, Contemplate that.
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Untitl10

@crane
There two types of sidewinders. Rear aspect types (engages from behind) and an all around types (engagements from any direction).

the missile in the picture is a AIM-9 “P series 5”. AIM-9P5 all around missile. the 9P is Variant missile of the F-15,s

http://www.dcswiki.com/index.php?title=AIM-9#AIM-9P

.the 9P versions are recognized by “square like front fins” while the others have a triangle like front fins.
Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Aim-9-10

Last edited by Risasi on Sat Mar 19 2011, 09:36; edited 2 times in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Mar 19 2011, 09:16

an AIM-9P from a F-15 making All round Head On /frontal kill on a target performing a High G maneuver.

Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Mar 21 2011, 11:51

Some propaganda from Al Shabaab?
http://www.raxanreeb.com/?p=87800
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:49

Olekoima wrote:Some propaganda from Al Shabaab?
http://www.raxanreereb.com/?p=87800
Nothing to this, bra. No hard hats in Dhobley. But a whole lot of SF chaps went in, point and vanguard, not directly involved in the contact between Al-shabaab and the TFG. Recce/Intel, and kukurukakara-ing on specific Command/Control targets. Don't forget these TFG chaps are raw recruits, wholly untested in leadership and in ranks. But certainly more disciplined, cohesive and motivated than these brigands. End is neigh!! Hard tops shut the door precautionary to the usual antics of these when the kitchen gets too hot for them in Somalia. It looks like Puntland and Somaliland might join this action against Alshabaab pretty soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Mar 23 2011, 08:17

Flying Crane wrote:@blog Admin. I feel this pictures need to be removed for the decency of the bereaved families and Nationalities.

Hey mister, where have you vanished to? I thought you are through with elections.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 7 Empty we need to modernise our armoury

Post  wycliff Sat Mar 26 2011, 16:48

i must be honest as a kenyan i think now we should be having at least 120 fighter jets approximately 500tanks 100 attack helicopter and a strong personnel force of around 500000 for christ sake our population as a country is almost 40million if americans will not give us lets approach the chinese we must be stronger than all our neighbours combined

wycliff

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Apr 06 2011, 10:51

Hey, where are Risasi and mJESHI mMoja?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Wed Apr 06 2011, 21:35

Olekoima wrote:Hey, where are Risasi and mJESHI mMoja?

@Olekoima Niko busy kidogo. Mimi ni mwalimu wa kichaka bwana. I have students all the time

mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Sun Apr 17 2011, 14:59

@Mzalendo and Flying crane this guy is enough to deal with your MiGs and special forces.

Laughing

Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Apr 18 2011, 09:48

Risasi what missile is this bird carrying? F.O.B Mombasa
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18 2011, 15:28

Sisal Makonge wrote:@Mzalendo and Flying crane this guy is enough to deal with your MiGs and special forces.

Laughing

kama ni hawa hamutoshi hapa Tz. huyu ni student tuu
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Mon Apr 18 2011, 19:57

@sisal and what is this guy suppose to do ? head bUtt our Sukoi fighter or Apc? What a Face
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 01:06

Flying Crane wrote:@sisal and what is this guy suppose to do ? head bUtt our Sukoi fighter or Apc? What a Face
Fantastic riposte, Flying Crane! But on a serious note, these food riots are worrisome not least because beyond the political statement there is little they will achieve. I suspect that besigye is being egged on by some Western Capitals judging from the publicity he is attracting on International Media organisations, which is not surprising considering the USD1.2Billion purchase of those birds, that escaped their greedy arms industry. Won't be surprised if M7 makes no further payments but takes delivery of the first batch anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Tue Apr 19 2011, 09:05

ole Nkarei wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:@sisal and what is this guy suppose to do ? head bUtt our Sukoi fighter or Apc? What a Face
Fantastic riposte, Flying Crane! But on a serious note, these food riots are worrisome not least because beyond the political statement there is little they will achieve. I suspect that besigye is being egged on by some Western Capitals judging from the publicity he is attracting on International Media organisations, which is not surprising considering the USD1.2Billion purchase of those birds, that escaped their greedy arms industry. Won't be surprised if M7 makes no further payments but takes delivery of the first batch anyway.

Ya…They goes the old colonial schemes again. “if you don’t play with my toys then your not my friend” our defense force is trying to see how it can appease both the East and West on regards to the oils to arms issue. My opinion was we should have just stuck with the west on military. We were gaining a lot of ground and footing pertaining military technology. May be they would have given us A couple of used F-16 or Apaches but all in all they would have modified the force to high standards in terms of equipment.
If you look at what Kenya got when they fully pledge their loyalty to the west during the cold war.

KAF
F-5 usa
KA
Vicker tanks uk
MD500 usa
KN
Missiles boats

they were not lethal equipments but were substantial to wave off any attackers. The west gave Kenya a cocktail of relatively cheap military equipments that 30 years down the road, these equipments still consist of 60% – 70% Kenya military power. My opinion is this is the road we should have followed. But lets wit and see. We will try to press the East for a good long term deal.

The issue with Besigye, I feel that the west are keeping him as their pawn, and might use him if the country starts leaning towards the East. So if M7 changes his route Besigye will end up in the thrush bin.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next