THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LINDA NCHI : Which way forward..???

2 posters

Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty LINDA NCHI : Which way forward..???

Post  Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 00:21

Very Happy

Im new in here .. and hoping to touch base and exchange a few ideas.

Gathering mainly from the News media and assorted "reliable" sources , seems the first Phase has gotten off to a good start ( despite the vagaries of weather ).

Kismayo seems to be next in line but I suspect this might be entirely a different ball-game in terms of Tactics and Intensity of engagement as it is more or less make-or-break time for Al Shabaab ..

My view is we should continue to dictate at all costs the style of engagements and avoid being suckered into situations where Al Shabaab would enjoy any Tactical advantages ... expressly in mind the prospect of getting involved in bloody street fire-fights in circumstances where we cannot fully utilize our superior equipment and fire-power.

Has anyone a contrary view ..???

REXX.

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty Re: LINDA NCHI : Which way forward..???

Post  Batian Tue Dec 06 2011, 11:36

Operation Linda Nchi has been successful, but my fear is that the TFG is still very weak, therefore if you are looking for Kenya to get out, it will never be soon, already there were injured TFG soldiers along Somali border town of Elwak seeking medication in garissa town from injuries inflicted by Alshabaab . just read todays star news paper. The kenya police it seems is muzzling the press not to take any photographs while @ duty in the area of injured TFG and allied forces to the KDF.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty ... Phase One ...

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 21:21

@ EFFROMMERS:

Phase One .. The incursion was the easy part ..

Phase Two .. The total elimination of Al Shabaab will be a far more difficult task ..

But I tend to agree with you , ...the progress has been good so far with far less

casualties than anyone imagined ..

The Battle tactics employed will ultimately determine how soon this phase ends ..

The aggressive search and apprehension of Al Shabaab Leadership must now be

our top priority ..

Cut of the head of the beast , so to speak ...

REXX

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty Now there is a new twist to the operations in somalia

Post  Batian Mon Jan 23 2012, 19:24

Hi guys I have been away for sometime, I wish there potential intellectuals who can moderately expose the small hitches of the armed forces and their operation in Somalia. I have one question which is not aimed at demoralizing the internal security forces capabilities. What happened the other day when over 100 alleged militia men from ORLF and alshabaab? Could someone tell me if the forces dispatched at the border points are well equipped to counter future raids of such magnitude. But i would like to commend what the KDFes are doing they seem to be making progress. according to the landscape of Somalia slow is better.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty EAC, The Tanzanian Pullback!!

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:00

Ever since the formation of the EAC, the Tanzanians have always been unease at doing business with their northern Neighbours especially Kenya. Even though they burnt their fingers in previous community arrangement, i think that the current arrangement has done alot to elevate all the countries to the same level ground. The Tanzanians as such were given a moratorium of exporting to Kenya almost anything duty free while the Kenyans were smacked with a 45% duty for five years just to protect the nascent manufacturing industry in TZ. Even with the ending of this period the Tanzanians have continued to place both Tarrif and non tarrif barriers to Kenyan entrepreneurs, Xenophobic tendencies are also on the rise against the kenyans from Lake Victoria through the maasai savvanah to the maritime border at the coast. I think that its time the Tanzanians realised that it takes two tango and the benefits of integration are acrued across the board. The kind of complaints that made Kenyan Truck drivers barricade the border crossing at Taveta recently need to be addressed sooner rather than later as such are the epitome of a relationship going sour.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Rules+and+levies+nightmare+at+Kenya+Tanzania+border+/-/1056/1355270/-/tshpaj/-/index.html
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty Re: LINDA NCHI : Which way forward..???

Post  Batian Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:42

Sierra Kilo wrote:Ever since the formation of the EAC, the Tanzanians have always been unease at doing business with their northern Neighbours especially Kenya. Even though they burnt their fingers in previous community arrangement, i think that the current arrangement has done alot to elevate all the countries to the same level ground. The Tanzanians as such were given a moratorium of exporting to Kenya almost anything duty free while the Kenyans were smacked with a 45% duty for five years just to protect the nascent manufacturing industry in TZ. Even with the ending of this period the Tanzanians have continued to place both Tarrif and non tarrif barriers to Kenyan entrepreneurs, Xenophobic tendencies are also on the rise against the kenyans from Lake Victoria through the maasai savvanah to the maritime border at the coast. I think that its time the Tanzanians realised that it takes two tango and the benefits of integration are acrued across the board. The kind of complaints that made Kenyan Truck drivers barricade the border crossing at Taveta recently need to be addressed sooner rather than later as such are the epitome of a relationship going sour.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Rules+and+levies+nightmare+at+Kenya+Tanzania+border+/-/1056/1355270/-/tshpaj/-/index.html

Good Sierra Kilo,

Thanks for extending this forum of this EAC story, I fully agree with you, but think the deepest problem is that people are less informed on the benefits of intergration. there minds are always set on the former EAC debacle. I wish you could read the link below and see how most of this people in Tanzania express their views.

HERE about Levy imposed
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

LINDA  NCHI : Which way forward..??? Empty EAC, The Tanzanian Pullback!!

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Feb 28 2012, 16:09

efrommers wrote:
Thanks for extending this forum of this EAC story, I fully agree with you, but think the deepest problem is that people are less informed on the benefits of intergration. there minds are always set on the former EAC debacle. I wish you could read the link below and see how most of this people in Tanzania express their views.

HERE about Levy imposed

@efrommers, i think that the Tanzanians suffer from self inflicted severe inferiority complex to their northern Neighbours. As such they like to compare themselves with the Vuvuzela Nation just to show off. I think its all about business and when compared to SA, it is Kenya or Uganda that will provide the most immediate market for Tanzanian industries and should therefore, work towards that goal. Some Tanzanians complain of being asked for IDs in Kenya, but honestly where can anyone conduct international transactions without identification documents. If they cannot see the potential in themselves they should not blame others that drive to exploit it. Tanzania is the largest country in the EAC by population and demographics but they have refused to extend that largesse to their economic and development policies.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Tue Feb 28 2012, 17:39

Sierra Kilo wrote:
efrommers wrote:

HERE about Levy imposed

@efrommers, i think that the Tanzanians suffer from self inflicted severe inferiority complex to their northern Neighbours. As such they like to compare themselves with the Vuvuzela Nation just to show off. I think its all about business and when compared to SA, it is Kenya or Uganda that will provide the most immediate market for Tanzanian industries and should therefore, work towards that goal. Some Tanzanians complain of being asked for IDs in Kenya, but honestly where can anyone conduct international transactions without identification documents. If they cannot see the potential in themselves they should not blame others that drive to exploit it. Tanzania is the largest country in the EAC by population and demographics but they have refused to extend that largesse to their economic and development policies.

Most of them I came to find out have a severe deficiency in trying to argue very normal societal issues openly. They are dreaming about economic prosperity while taking the longest route.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Mar 16 2012, 22:30

After the long lull in the OLN, seems like some movement in the Central sector.
http://www.somaliareport.com/index.php/post/3083/TFG_and_KDF_Poised_to_Take_Bardhere
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum