THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18

5 posters

Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18

Post  Admin Sat May 19 2012, 17:36

.as a civvy, I have come to a very disturbing analysis of our brethens/or us when it comes to Politics. A good example is looking at our local newspapers online; you will only find people commenting rubbish when it comes to the daily circus of our local politics, but to economical matters, nothing, no comments. Why do we keep on electing the same old fat cats who only maintain status qou so that they can reap where they didnt sow. The latest scandal in Kenya is a good example. the 'robbers' are fat cats and the 'police' are fat cats. sometimes i yearn for a political system where we are governed by patriotic technocrats. If we are not governed by people who know what they are doing, then they will keep coming up with policies by the roadside that make no sence in the long run. We all know Permanent Secrataries run the Departments, so why do we need Ministers ? I might be wrong to say this, but we might have to go the China way, where they are governed by a chosen few, but the results show for themselves. If they have had to deal with 'democracy', they would be where Egypt/libya are now. We might be ready for Democracy in 50 yrs when the tribal generation are buried in the cemetary. look at our political landscape (EA community ), none of the Politician has a manifesto that they then clearly talk about to the people. And the citizens all troop to the parks to be addressed by someone insulting another person, who is insulting them from another Park. Why cant we demand of them to come up with policies we identify with (KPLC Blackouts, flooding in Western/Nyanza every year, Crime, jobs .) Its not enough for us to say they steal votes, we give them a percentage of votes. I can confidently say as a region we will not achieve what we want with our political system..

fowarded by ADMIN written by MBS

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 20 2012, 07:27; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty Re: Political System Mashariki on Wed 16 May 2012 - 18:15

Post  Admin Sat May 19 2012, 17:42

.In my opinion, the observation you noted of a 'none comment situation' on a myraid economic issues from a crosssection of neswpapers in East Africa is but a body confession that many people believe 'no amount of comments would ever seek to change anything in this frontier..

fowarded by ADMIN written by Mashariki.

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 20 2012, 07:29; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty Re: Political System Efrommers on Wed 16 May 2012 - 19:00

Post  Admin Sat May 19 2012, 17:46

.I am afraid none of each these current political aspirants and reformists campaigning to statehouse has the ingredients necessary to save this country from the endemic state of corruption and catapult this country to the standards of economic development and democracy required. The political comments on dailies that degenerate into cynicism only play to indicate Kenyans rally against corruption and tribalism for the mere fact they have not fallen in the space of opportunity to be corrupt and tribal. Guys you know and understand the drill bwana! it is difficult to possess a resolution not to elect particular aspirants, since election campaigns entail euphoria. A majority of voters at the grassroots really enjoy this game as opposed to thoroughly putting aspirants under scrutiny. For there to be change there needs to be a completely new generational and political order that has non of the elements we are witnessing within the political class whether pro or anti-democratic. I have also witnessed politicians who claim to be democratic, fall into graft allegations. In the real sense, there is non to trust. Guys, let me give you a simple paradox in this picture. One school of thought advocates for sustainable and economic growth, but its planes, inhabited by politicians who are tribal and intolerable. While the other plane advocates for democracy, human rights/equality for women empowerment, but given the chance graft vices follow. This inherited hangover is akin to colonial legacy..

.In my opinion, the observation you noted of a 'none comment situation' on a myraid economic issues from a crosssection of neswpapers in East Africa is but a body confession that many people believe 'no amount of comments would ever seek to change anything in this frontier..

fowarded by ADMIN written by Efrommers ..

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 20 2012, 07:29; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty Re: Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18

Post  jasiri Sat May 19 2012, 21:59

Admin kumbe una meno?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty Re: Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18

Post  jasiri Sat May 19 2012, 22:05

where did Mashariki's post on CCM go?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 20 2012, 07:31

jasiri wrote:where did Mashariki's post on CCM go?

lost during rearrangement
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu May 24 2012, 08:47

jasiri wrote:where did Mashariki's post on CCM go?

He had complained about his government closure of the Jamii Forum blog, but i see it is up and running. Could have been a temporary hitch.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Political System mbs on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:18  Empty kenya and ICC

Post  countersniper Wed May 30 2012, 13:29

OLEnkarei

dont waste your time posting on nipate there too many idle fools there.... and also just to remind you kenya will never pull out from ICC..for obvious reasons..the western powers will pull all to punish us..we stand to loose more

http://nipate.com/standardmedia-30th-may-cooperation-of-icc-suspects-to-determine-trial-date-t13695.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mbs Mon Jun 04 2012, 23:13

countersniper wrote:OLEnkarei

dont waste your time posting on nipate there too many idle fools there.... and also just to remind you kenya will never pull out from ICC..for obvious reasons..the western powers will pull all to punish us..we stand to loose more

[url=http://nipate.com/standardmedia-30th-may-cooperation-of-icc-suspects-to-determine-trial-date-t13695.html
http://nipate.com/standardmedia-30th-may-cooperation-of-icc-suspects-to-determine-trial-date-t13695.html[/quote[/url]]

why did we ever sign up to ICC ? Kenyan Politics sometimes are either too simple or too complex to comprehend. If the powers that be didnt foresee the ICC coming to bite them, then they have no right to rule. I dream of the days when our political system would be mature. So what happens if UK, or Ruto gets elected next premier, and is then convicted in the Hague, are we gonna be the first country to hand over a Head of State to the Hague ? what does that say about Kenya in the region as a region superpower ?
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum