THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+20
Kobooz
one man army
countersniper
Mbaine
vince
Sierra Kilo
areba
georiise
MWAURA
Spartan
Technician
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Flying Crane
Balozi
Sisal Makonge
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Admin
24 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 22 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 09:43

@ Nkarei

Lets jus say i arrange meetings btwn insurgents n God:twisted:. Yeah i got one of those for ur eyes only type of doc n an oath to secrecy, if i rem there was a clause on reserves bt u knw how we are, we never did take it seriously, nway if Mr. Flyn crane n co. try anythn funny, i wld be glad to arrange meetings for them 2. Thanks n a little bird tells me good things abt the Rangers n SBS, we used to lack equipmnt bt now its comin in from all manner of directions n its top notch stuff 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 13:38

bravotwozero wrote:@ Nkarei

Lets jus say i arrange meetings btwn insurgents n God:twisted:.
I hate these types of guys, B2O and I know you must find it just as hard dealing with this scum as I do. Courage, bra!

Yeah i got one of those for ur eyes only type of doc n an oath to secrecy, if i rem there was a clause on reserves bt u knw how we are, we never did take it seriously, nway if Mr. Flyn crane n co. try anythn funny, i wld be glad to arrange meetings for them 2
only meeting with Flying Crane in the event of hostilities will be at the very business end of your extended arm, no?!!

Thanks n a little bird tells me good things abt the Rangers n SBS, we used to lack equipmnt bt now its comin in from all manner of directions n its top notch stuff 2.
As they crow about their two foreign-manned fighters, a revolutions of sorts is taking place right here right under their noses - the diversion seems to be working just fine. the Rangers are blooded and so are the SBS, while the CDU and the Deltas explode in TOR,equipment, and profile! You should find it exciting if you are recalled for the intended reserve-force appraisals, bra. stay close to your stated station.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Sep 23 2011, 16:24

[/quote]If open hostitlities were declared towards our primary western neighbour, there is overwhelming capacity to deal decisively and with finality to that without general mobilisation / call up of reserves[/quote]

Reading all these stories about potential hostilities between Ug and Ke, one word comes to mind - Boogeyman. Every country needs one, especially the military to justify its expenditure. That said, I don't know many armies in this region which can deal with the UPDF ''decisively and with finality".

My personal view is that the chance for hostilities between us is very very low(thank God). ole Nkarei, don't be drawn into these kinds of arguments by some johnny-come-lately who thinks that doing guard duties in Afghanistan turns one into a super soldier. 23,000 Ugandans have done that already.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 17:19

Spartan wrote:
Reading all these stories about potential hostilities between Ug and Ke,
Serious War Games go on daily in our Military Schools, at every level of command, and a favourite thread is how to beat you chaps down, Spartan!! It doesnt mean there are consideration to War with our brothers, but that's a very legimate practice of Peace-time Armies, as I am certain you well know so.

one word comes to mind - Boogeyman. Every country needs one, especially the military to justify its expenditure.
I concur absolutely with you on this, but I reckon it happens globally, no? I have this to thank for my fat payslip amongst others not personal-specific benefits, bra! But you are right spot on.

That said, I don't know many armies in this region which can deal with the UPDF ''decisively and with finality"
It is getting increasingly difficult to ''deal with the UPDF decisively and with finality'' but every simulation I have studied or been part of thus far VALIDATE this to be very true, my bro Spartan, like it or not..

My personal view is that the chance for hostilities between us is very very low(thank God). Absolutely concur, but this practice does keep sharpened our cutting edge in the event there shall ever be one with you chaps or the others possibles matrixes. At least with Uganda there is a good natured air about these exercises despite the deadly force being projected in these simulations.

ole Nkarei, don't be drawn into these kinds of arguments .....
Point taken, loud and clear, Brother.
[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 18:03

@ Spartan

No one wants to fight UG, secondly 23,000 Ugandans includin some updf officers pullin guard duties is a bloody shame, do u knw why that is? Ugandans were found to be rigid both mentally n physically i guess from playin with Kony all those years, they cld not be moulded r shaped to fit any other role even convoy security was a tall order.

'pullin guardin duties makes u a super soldier' how naive, as compared to what? Ugandans wearin boots thinkin they are universal soldiers? this blog is for sharin n exchangin opinions from people who share the same interests, i guess it wld make it better if we started a different blog, '' who's better kenya r Uganda?'' contribute, ask questions r shut the hell up. Hey brother Spartan thats just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 19:56

bravotwozero wrote: Stand down, B2O. Spartan is friendly, despite his menacing looks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 24 2011, 08:36

That said, I don't know many armies in this region which can deal with the UPDF ''decisively and with finality"
It is getting increasingly difficult to ''deal with the UPDF decisively and with finality'' but every simulation I have studied or been part of thus far VALIDATE this to be very true, my bro Spartan, like it or not..

I guess you would only need hours, or at most one day, right? Tell me about the simulations for your southern and northern neighbours. Is it the same, or even better? On a serious note, I don't think simulations are very indicative of what would actually happen, because they happen in a controlled environment, from the resistance of the 'enemy' down to the weather of the day of exercises.

Afande ole Nkarei, shouldn't you be attending Natural Fire II in Zanzibar?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24 2011, 11:10

]quote="Spartan"]

I guess you would only need hours, or at most one day, right?
Sarcasm is not a hall mark of a man-of-arms, Spartan! You can easily make your point without it, I am sure. And yes, in 72-hours from Jump-off, it would be a mop-up ops in Kampala.

Tell me about the simulations for your southern and northern neighbours.
War Games are a training tool in any self-respecting Armed formation, and yes, there are scenarios of varying degrees with first-line and second-line neighbors, with and without bilateral involvement. It is not parades and lazing around the barracks as civilians are wont to believe - helas!! It is not an insult to you and your UPDF that we constantly train using Uganda as a likely foe! Tis just a training module, dude!!

Is it the same, or even better? On a serious note, I don't think simulations are very indicative of what would actually happen, because they happen in a controlled environment, from the resistance of the 'enemy' down to the weather of the day of exercises. You are dead wrong there, and such expressions cannot be credited to a man in uniform, for very obvious reasons.

Afande ole Nkarei, shouldn't you be attending Natural Fire II in Zanzibar?
Went past that stage a while ago!! Don't be jealous, bra!! Not sure you understand what takes place at these Exercises, Spartan, but the KDF Officer Corps is large and varied.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 24 2011, 16:24

Sarcasm is not a hall mark of a man-of-arms, Spartan! You can easily make your
point without it, I am sure. And yes, in 72-hours from Jump-off, it
would be a mop-up ops in Kampala.
Mmm... Don't you think you've had one war game too many, bro? We don't fight foreign enemies on Uganda soil anymore. In three days,
let's just say, we would be tussling it out in Nyanza province or thereabouts.

It is not an insult to you and your UPDF that we
constantly train using
Uganda as a likely foe! Tis just a training module, dude!!
I wouldn't call it an insult. You need to compare yourselves with the Big Boys in the region. I was only wondering whether you guys are not over-concentrating on one likely adversary at the expense of others. War games are war games, you always win (in 72 hours, did you say?) Do you then eat matoke? what else do the vaunted KDF do?

You are dead wrong there, and such expressions cannot be credited to a man in uniform, for very obvious reasons.
Something about this whole post tells me you are trying to throw jabs at my uniform, or lack thereof. First you say soldiers are averse to using sarcasm. Second, anyone who doubts the efficacy of war games is not worth his uniform. Next you are
"Not sure you
understand what takes place at these Exercises"
Don't know what to think, but will grudgingly let it pass.

...the KDF Officer Corps is large and varied.
Very fancy name. You guys must really look nice in uniform, what with all the time you have for personal admin with any semblance of rigor coming in a war game about taking Kampala in 72 hours. Do you even believe yourselves? Just keep to what you do best.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24 2011, 16:55

Spartan wrote:

Something about this whole post tells me you are trying to throw jabs at my uniform, or lack thereof. First you say soldiers are averse to using sarcasm. Second, anyone who doubts the efficacy of war games is not worth his uniform. Next you are
"Not sure you
understand what takes place at these Exercises"
Don't know what to think, but will grudgingly let it pass.

Spartan, I would love to match you across a field, I reckon you would make a very worthy adversary. No insults intended on the Uniform, bra, just some of the usual healthy Martial bantering. Apologies if you've discerned any slight to your Uniform in my responses, bro.

... semblance of rigor coming in a war game about taking Kampala in 72 hours. Do you even believe yourselves? Just keep to what you do best.

Couple of ambitious but credible simulations take Kampala in less time, I recall one ably
defended still contentious Plan (with multilateral Oversight, by the way) showing 68Hours to end of effective organized resistance - persistent sporadic FBU is not factored in this time-frame.

Take is easy, Spartan. Friendly fire kills just as good, and you, Spartan, are friendly fire.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Sep 24 2011, 17:33

...and the Stars Vs Cranes match starts weeks earlier....

Seems the C-in-C is going all out against the Shabab in UN. what's with the sense of urgency? i have a feeling we will be having our hands in the cookie jar very soon.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Sep 24 2011, 18:12

We know what goes on in those war games. And most of it is pretty obvious and predictable. So don’t be surprise when you jump over and start jumping all over.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24 2011, 19:12

Flying Crane wrote:We know what goes on in those war games. And most of it is pretty obvious and predictable. So don’t be surprise when you jump over and start jumping all over.

War Games are quite integral to Military Preparedness. Deadly serious exercises that replicate to the closest degree actual events as would be orchestrated in War. No self-delusional trips, nor baseless suppositions of capacities of opposing forces - you die before you jump off if you do this most elementary error. You know this just as well as the next Uniform, Spartan!!

Even accepting as grudgingly as you do, Spartan, the unsurpassed professionalism of KDF (ignoring your good-humored pun), surely this degree of professionalism must also manifest itself to in our training - War Games included?

It cannot be credibly assumed that our War Games are nursery-school tag-games, surely!! Smile

Come on, Soldier, give a brother some credit, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24 2011, 19:25

jasiri wrote:...and the Stars Vs Cranes match starts weeks earlier....

Seems the C-in-C is going all out against the Shabab in UN. what's with the sense of urgency? i have a feeling we will be having our hands in the cookie jar very soon.

The bandits were preferable to us when they were contained in Crazy town, now they are on the loose in the countryside, and deploying for a purely asymmetric engagement, Jas. Changes the ball game no ends. Only Uniforms now laughing are in Crazy town - you saw the pics posted by Spartan of the rotating UGABAG6?

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Sep 25 2011, 16:44

http://allafrica.com/stories/201109250095.html Veyintersting "IGAD has the fighter jets flying over the Jubba regions where Al shabaab tightly controls"
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 16:49

jasiri wrote:..

Cat's outta the bag. Heavy action over and inside Jubba and Gedo any moment soon. Forward elements of Air, Amour and Spec-ops already engaged. Al-Shabbab scattering into upper Juba, Raskamboni thugs aggressively about. That Jubbaland Buffer takes shape.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Sep 25 2011, 16:56

figured that the angers an cdu would be first on the scene, to provide co-ordinates fo arty and air attacks. does this mean an escalation of dod alert levels or is locolised to 6th brig only?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 17:21

jasiri wrote:figured that the angers an cdu would be first on the scene, to provide co-ordinates fo arty and air attacks. does this mean an escalation of dod alert levels or is locolised to 6th brig only?

Tis not all out war, Jas, but surgical by air and special group assets. More in line with the asymmetrical tactics the bandits are likely to prefer - just doing their thing better, dirtier and harder. You wont see that Crazy town tit-for-tatting by all manner of crazy ordnance Spartan has been using on anything moving.

Back to top Go down

Post  Technician Mon Sep 26 2011, 13:20

ole Nkarei wrote:

Cat's outta the bag. Heavy action over and inside Jubba and Gedo any moment soon. Forward elements of Air, Amour and Spec-ops already engaged. Al-Shabbab scattering into upper Juba, Raskamboni thugs aggressively about. That Jubbaland Buffer takes shape.
Recall the Ifo II camp fiasco? Evidently the PM was not briefed on the Jubaland Initiative. Orwa Ojode should have pulled him aside and said something like "Jaduong', we are on top of it. But INSIDE... Twisted Evil ." Interesting why he was not in the loop. And again, why the sudden boldness? Could the M7/Aferworki meeting be indicative of even bigger things, and what are the consequences given, as they said, 'Kenya lives in tall glass houses'?
Technician
Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Mon Sep 26 2011, 18:56

Risasi wrote:Re: Kenya Armed Forces

Kenya Defence Force - Page 22 EmptyRisasi on Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

For the prevailing situations , an air sorties option is now open will keep
posting.
@mzalendo thats JW 9242.

@spade that’s an aviation industries protocol

jasiri wrote:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201109250095.html Veyintersting "IGAD has the fighter jets flying over the Jubba regions where Al shabaab tightly controls"
@jasiri are these Kenya air force jets? are the two quotes connected.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 20:44

[quote="Technician"][quote="ole Nkarei"]

Recall the Ifo II camp fiasco? Evidently the PM was not briefed on the Jubaland Initiative. Orwa Ojode should have pulled him aside and said something like "Jaduong', we are on top of it. But INSIDE... Twisted Evil ." Interesting why he was not in the loop. And again, why the sudden boldness? Could the M7/Aferworki meeting be indicative of even bigger things, and what are the consequences given, as they said, 'Kenya lives in tall glass houses'?

Far from it, Balozi. That was a check-mate move demanded by IGAD on Aferworki. To starve off the bandits in crazy town. Part of the many-prong strategy.

I reckon it is hard for people to see the Ole Man's Genius in these complicated moves, due to his easy laid-back public mien! Trust me, his is the puppeteer.

Who in IGAD has Force-projection Capacity to consistently have 'thunder-birds' and Rotary-heavies all over lower Jubba? Meles? M7? the Ole Man?? Easy answer, dude!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 21:56

As it is the sworn duty of all uniforms here to defend and preserve the peace, let us not forget another formidable warrior who has ever fought for the same.
Rest in peace, Wangari Maathai.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 06:41

Vitruvian wrote:As it is the sworn duty of all uniforms here to defend and preserve the peace, let us not forget another formidable warrior who has ever fought for the same.
Rest in peace, Wangari Maathai.

Thaaai, thathaiai Enkai thaaai.
Ole-saarai, ene-Maathai Wangar
i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge Tue Sep 27 2011, 07:25

RIP Maathai Wangari . kuishi ni bahati kufa ni lazima. R.I.P

@New guys

we appreciate your contributions but I would prefer you to write in plain common and simpler English so that we to can understand what you are talking about or what you are refering to. For example what are th meanings of: kenyana, Gawd, the Toad, ole man, crazy town, who is the beast,. Let’s keep it some where that we can all understand and therefore can contribute. Thanks
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 22:33

Huge restructuring of the TFG forces in Jubba by KDF this week; a complete amalgamation of two weak, poorly led ''Brigades'' into one Brigade with a changed TOA and leadership. Necessary to hold whatever ground behind path-finding Units. Jump off for the Jubbaland dance very shortly.

Wish I was riding along too, by gawd!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Sep 27 2011, 23:26

Col u are making me regret my decision to be winged. This new aproach is just a yard away from open hostilities, learning from the American M.O huh? Don't forget to cheap in some KDF sleepers in ther for good meausure, double redundancy mate
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 14:51

Not to worry, Jas. There will be plenty of room for you winged when you are done!

Al-shabaab deserting Central Somalia in droves, just melting away, pulling-out-and going-home thing. Villagers in are bewildered by this phenomena. Accelerated implosion is eminent, infighting grows within it as emphasis shifts to stemming desertions by force of arms..... And the Jubbaland Dance has yet not started!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 28 2011, 20:50

heard about that one. In fighting in Mog environs and Jowhar, others in Puntland just melting into the populus. Somaliland capturing a second in command of some all important Shabab brigade. Soon, the UNHCR will have no choice but to resettle the 'fugees in Juba hence giving it all the legitimacy it needs. This round goes to the policy and planning guys at GoK.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 22:46

jasiri wrote:This round goes to the policy and planning guys at GoK.

Right on that, Jas. And it does increasingly appear there are extremely high possibility now of success of long-running talks on the re-integration of the somaliland into Somalia in some loose confederacy, which is how the Jubbaland thing is structured within Somalia. But the entire Central and South (which is been previously in Al-shabaab stranglehold), are seething with revolt. It does appear like the dragon is soon to be laid to rest.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Sep 30 2011, 20:08

things heating up in Somalia! fire fights and aerial sorties, Col and co pleas divulge the safe details of what is happening
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next