THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+37
Gallahad
nyukilized
kimiti
mJESHI mMOJA
tempest
livefire
Interloper
MWAURA
georiise
Analyst
Flying Crane
The Blue
Fabrizio
Balozi
mchoraji
MasterChief
proud kenyan
edmuiru
Kobooz
mambotupu
countersniper
cylon
Kepler-Euler
aggressor one
mbs
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
MOOZALENDO
Olekoima
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mwepesi
Spartan
Al Bashir
mogen
Risasi
Uzi
jasiri
41 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty Migingo

Post  Kobooz Wed Jul 03 2013, 09:06

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000087369&story_title=top-officers-in-migingo-tour-to-ease-tension&pageNo=2
I think this matter should be laid to rest once and for all. Why should our neighbor clearly have an upper hand on our territory? It is clear that Ugandan security officers roam our territorial waters at will. How come Uganda can never play with Rwanda the way they play with us! I think all other bi-laterla or tri-lateral discussions make no sense as long this bizarre issue is pending, or may be there is something we civilians don't know.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  livefire Wed Jul 03 2013, 15:35

Kobooz wrote:http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000087369&story_title=top-officers-in-migingo-tour-to-ease-tension&pageNo=2
I think this matter should be laid to rest once and for all. Why should our neighbor clearly have an upper hand on our territory? It is clear that Ugandan security officers roam our territorial waters at will. How come Uganda can never play with Rwanda the way they play with us! I think all other bi-laterla or tri-lateral discussions make no sense as long this bizarre issue is pending, or may be there is something we civilians don't know.

Ironically in Kenya, some elements in government feel its totally okay for some foreign force to occupy our territory. #never gets awkward. When i was young, nationalism and patriotism were deeply entrenched in Kenyan norms and beliefs. The notion such as Migingo, would never have been entertained worse off, our forces being clobbered. Sad that this values and spirit of nationalism died with the retired PRESIDENT MOI....the administration is just too passive to act.
Politiking aside, Kobooz i support you, this issue needs prompt resolution, like yesterday in fact.
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty UPDATE 2-Explorer Tullow Oil lifts Kenya resource estimate

Post  Olekoima Wed Jul 03 2013, 15:50

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/07/03/tullow-trading-idUKL5N0F90DV20130703
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty Misri.

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 04 2013, 09:26

Well, gentlemen, it's a writing on the wall in Cairo. Morsi has been 'removed' from power yester-night by Misri's military led by Sisi. It was a turn of events that took place at a speed which left global leaders & activists gobsmacked. Irregardless of our reluctance to bring this issue into limelight, I have been obligned to post it so that we can draw logical conclusions & analysis about it as it's very clear that not only are we affected but our hands are bloodied when you fix "Ethiopia" into this Matrix.

Some scenes:-

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 20130704_EGYPT-slide-NYOJ-slide

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 1226674025634?format=jpg&group=iphone&size=medium

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 1226674205479?format=jpg&group=iphone&size=medium

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 038249-egypt-politics-unrest
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:06

Subsequent turn of events.

*Sammy & Jonny 'worried' by the Egypt's Military 'actions' but abruptly stops short of calling it a "Coup" (Sammy's outburst is understandable - attached Military Aid) Which leaves Jonny with a role-model here. Francis anticipated to follow suit in close proximity, or it has happened already.

*Saudi Arabia hails the Military.

*US Embassy in Cairo shut down.

*Uganda Embassy in Cairo still open! Very Happy Kenya?
*Presidential Guards seen celebrating on the Palace's roofs! Hilarious Very Happy

A Military coup whichever nature, overt or covert comes with it's implications, most notably the Economy is usually the first one to receive the blows then civilians follow suit & many other consequencies.

(a) Ethiopia can build their dam with little worry according to my views as both the Egyptian gov't & military will have their hands fixated for the next 3years. (b) Al Bashir might find Misri irrelevant thus beginning to up his bargaining powers to join Kenyana.
Your views are welcome.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty Railway COnstruction in E.A

Post  proud kenyan Thu Jul 04 2013, 12:43

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/Regional-countries-remove-tax-on-imported-railway-materials/-/1006/1903490/-/w5b0tvz/-/index.html

while it serves to enhance the foward movement of the region, i would have preferred the government to ensure that some of the components be built in kenya e.g. the coaches, rail signs, etc

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty Russia offering Su-30s to Ethiopia

Post  Olekoima Thu Jul 04 2013, 16:24

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31047:russia-offering-su-30s-to-ethiopia&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty New UN 'Group of Experts' Report Absolves Uganda

Post  Spartan Sat Jul 06 2013, 11:05

A newly released report says Uganda doesn't support M23. Last year the GOU protested its innocence, and actually huffed and puffed about the report.

Meanwhile, the ADF rebel group, which I have argued is the best fighting outfit after the M23, on Sunday June 30th 2013 attacked the FDLR and for the first time are now in control of entire villages - Mamundioma and Totolito. The governor of North Kivu is furious that the FDLR is in a 'tactical retreat'. The ADF are said to be advancing and are now 25km from Beni town.

This is a very big statement of intent on the part of the ADF. Are they stocking up on supplies and territory in anticipation of the NIF attack? or simply trying to stretch and distract the FDLR (which is amassing men and troops in Goma). If so, at whose behest? Surely they can't be coordinating with M23 which despises them. Or
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 06 2013, 14:54

It is feckin complicated tapestry being weaved by several players within and outside Kenyana. At the heart of recent events ib Eastern DRC (including this latest UN Report) is the NIF - whose interest ultimately it will serve. Europe sees opportunity in the growing chasm between EAC-expanded and SADC as does Sammy exemplified by Obama's African itinerary. It shapes like a successful NIF Mandate will reorganise our geopolitical realities and kill Kenyana dead. Tanzania runs Ops and Theatre Intel for NIF and has developed a planning-ethos broadly along the recent political pronouncements of JK on the Kivu Mess. NIF therefore is propping up FDLR materially/logistically as a counter-point to the RDF-M23 nexus. That upsets existing dynamics unimaginably - M23 reluctant getting to bed with the ADF and a profusion of other illegular bandit-type negative force all over that Theatre.

Which brings me to an extremely worrisome emerging aspect of the M23, Spartan. You chaps cut off Alkebab's legs in Barkerra Crazy Town, and we took off pretty much what was left of Alkebab in Chai Town. The Merchants that thrived of this chaos fanned out all over Kenyana and with their paid militia. Couple weeks ago an innocuous report buzzed my desk about visual sightings of large groups of 'Cushitic' armed men mingling with manouvering ADF cadres around mamundioma and Totolito. Sent in a couple of "Stick" men-in-Camo to location - ergo, confirmation that Alkebab has deployed alongside ADF is incontrovertible. If they gain ascendancy in this stupedously mineral rich region, we are all collectively "fecked". Gentlemen, the imperative to sort of this Kivu madness by whatever EAC-expanded means has never been greater - Military means is my obvious preference even if that means going head-to-head with JWTZ/SANDF - that was always going to happen some time between today and 2022 anyway.

Spartan wrote:A newly released report says Uganda doesn't support M23. Last year the GOU protested its innocence, and actually huffed and puffed about the report.

Meanwhile, the ADF rebel group, which I have argued is the best fighting outfit after the M23, on Sunday June 30th 2013 attacked the FDLR and for the first time are now in control of entire villages - Mamundioma and Totolito. The governor of North Kivu is furious that the FDLR is in a 'tactical retreat'. The ADF are said to be advancing and are now 25km from Beni town.

This is a very big statement of intent on the part of the ADF. Are they stocking up on supplies and territory in anticipation of the NIF attack? or simply trying to stretch and distract the FDLR (which is amassing men and troops in Goma). If so, at whose behest? Surely they can't be coordinating with M23 which despises them. Or

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 06 2013, 15:15

I agree witcha conditionally. The multiplier value of this will ride on the rapidity of implementation. Honestly we do presently lack local capacity to interface with this project without slowing it down. Let's get it moving fastest possible and build local capacities as a secondary strategy for other such future projects.

proud kenyan wrote:http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/Regional-countries-remove-tax-on-imported-railway-materials/-/1006/1903490/-/w5b0tvz/-/index.html

while it serves to enhance the foward movement of the region, i would have preferred the government to ensure that some of the components be built in kenya e.g. the coaches, rail signs, etc

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty A pinch of salt

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Jul 07 2013, 15:48

Two men were great drink buddies, they learnt how to drink njobi ya muratina together, graduated to hotter things as sophomores; knew each other's girlfriends and generally grew up together. When each was married and facing all the obvious challenges of life, one friend seemed to be making headway quite fast. He had recently obtained a plum job, had built a beautiful house and had a powerful drive. The other friend decided it was time to put him in his place, but it had to be done with stealth. Because the more successful friend had no inkling, he followed everything blindly. So their conversation went like this one day:
Hey Pete?
Yea Vinny?
"You know my woman tried to bring nyenyenye last week and I decided it was time I taught her who the man is in the home, so nilitandika yeye kiasi...she ran away for two days but she is back and all settled down like a good girl". .. his voice trailed off.

Pete asked "You mean now you have become a wife batterer like every other drunk around my man? Do not do that as it also traumatizes the kids", he offered.

Vinny said, "no no my friend. Has your wife ever shouted at you?"
"Of course we do have our arguments", Pete replied.

"Now listen", Vinny said, "you should be giving instructions not engaging in arguments! A woman will soon show you utter disregard and even start straying if you do not discipline her".

Pete slowly shook his head in the affirmative. He remembered how his wife complained bitterly that he was drinking too much. He realized that the woman was infringing on his rights to drink with the boys. He swore to teach her a lesson that night.

As he clobbered his wife that night, the screams drifted across the meadows and as Vinny was settling down for the night cuddling close to his blissful wife, they all heard the screams. He made one comment to his wife, "I do not know what is wrong with this friend of mine, ni kama ameshindwa na kusimamia familia! Why does he beat up his wife so late at night till she goes braying like a donkey this late?"

Pete's family collapsed soon after and that affected his job and children greatly.

Perhaps he should have taken the advice of his friend with a large pinch of salt, including finding out if actually the friend was beating his wife as claimed.
Moral: Assess all advice objectively because not all is meant to help you progress.

On another front, TZ and UG seem to be doing very well in terms of FDI inflows.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Fdi

Link: http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Uganda-and-Tanzania-top-EA-in-attracting-foreign-funds/-/2560/1906688/-/3jf0ocz/-/index.html

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 07 2013, 20:21

MOOZALENDO wrote:Perhaps he should have taken the advice of his friend with a large pinch of salt, including finding out if actually the friend was beating his wife as claimed.
Moral: Assess all advice objectively because not all is meant to help you progress.

Link: http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Uganda-and-Tanzania-top-EA-in-attracting-foreign-funds/-/2560/1906688/-/3jf0ocz/-/index.html

Moozalendo

Mooz,  where do you disappear to for weeks on end man? Don't ya think you do these ages a disservice with that disappearing act? Anyways, I now you keep a feeler on TEA.

On the FDI figures, that Tz and Ug overtook Ke is a good thing for East Africa. I however, don't think it has any correlation with the performance of the said countries in attracting FDI. It has everything to do with investments being made by multinational companies (and China) in Uganda and Tz, whose gas and oil industries are a mile or two ahead of Kenya's big FDI attractions, LAPSSET and oil exploration in the north and in the sea. When they come around, don't be surprised to be leapfrogged by Kenya.

I, however, posit here that we are going to see a consistent increase in FDI into EA (Kenya, Tz, Soth Sudan and Ug) for the next 20 years. When all is done and said, expect a realignment of GDP figures - Kenya and Tanzania will be a toss of the dice or they may largely be equal, while Uganda will not be far behind.

Like I said, that will be good for all of us. Ama?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Sun Jul 07 2013, 23:16

ole Nkarei wrote:I agree witcha conditionally. The multiplier value of this will ride on the rapidity of implementation.  Honestly we do presently lack local capacity to interface with this project without slowing it down. Let's get it moving fastest possible and build local capacities as a secondary strategy for other such future projects.

proud kenyan wrote:http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/Regional-countries-remove-tax-on-imported-railway-materials/-/1006/1903490/-/w5b0tvz/-/index.html

one thing i know is that local capacity is available, only that it is not engaged. the railway line construction is about to start, and will take substantial time to complete. in that duration, we can have a few coach constructors  come in and mentor a few people here and there. the numerical machining complex can be used for the same, can even be expanded to serve most of the region,may even take the lead in creating the value added products we crave so much. the only problem is lack of a head there who would be free of political pressure( a military man would suffice, would be free of these political pressures, can have a few intellectual civvys in charge of the various departments that would be required to achieve that dream)

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty @Spartan

Post  MOOZALENDO Mon Jul 08 2013, 02:14

Spartan wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:Perhaps he should have taken the advice of his friend with a large pinch of salt, including finding out if actually the friend was beating his wife as claimed.

Moozalendo

Mooz,  where do you disappear to for weeks on end man? Don't ya think you do these ages a disservice with that disappearing act? Anyways, I now you keep a feeler on TEA.

On the FDI figures, that Tz and Ug overtook Ke is a good thing for East Africa. I however, don't think it has any correlation with the performance of the said countries in attracting FDI. It has everything to do with investments being made by multinational companies (and China) in Uganda and Tz, whose gas and oil industries are a mile or two ahead of Kenya's big FDI attractions, LAPSSET and oil exploration in the north and in the sea. When they come around, don't be surprised to be leapfrogged by Kenya.

I, however, posit here that we are going to see a consistent increase in FDI into EA (Kenya, Tz, Soth Sudan and Ug) for the next 20 years. When all is done and said, expect a realignment of GDP figures - Kenya and Tanzania will be a toss of the dice or they may largely be equal, while Uganda will not be far behind.

Like I said, that will be good for all of us. Ama?

Spartan,
Precisely...we have lived in the shadows of mankind for far too long! We need to have an integrated EA, one which can boast of true connectivity. We should have a region that has railway, road and air linkages that makes business attractive and feasible. I should be able to buy an item in Dar and have it couriered to my doorstep in Mtito Andei  or you buy something in Mombasa without ever visiting the shop and have it delivered in hours in Kasese. This creates jobs for couriers, phone companies, packaging manufacturers etc. A strong economy in TZ, UG, KE and indeed the wider region implies greater demand and if we can manufacture those items demanded by the market in the region, bingo! we shall have arrived. We need to create more wealth because the more the people with income to spare the better ..as opposed to a few wealthy individuals whose consumption impact on the economy is limited by numbers. The FDI is also good on another front...it means the world is casting its lot with us and for us. So let us use this run wisely for the future of our children and grandchildren. I hope that the technocrats who draft these long-term agreements with oil companies do not sell their birth-right for a pittance due to inducements. Whenever I get my head up from the business of bread and butter, I look at the board every now and again.
Have a blast!

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty KIKWETE - KAGAME RIFT

Post  Spartan Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:35

The tiff between prezzos Kikwete and Kagame, regarding the former's advice to Uganda and Rwanda to talk to rebel groups in DRC continues unabated. The reaction from Rwanda has been over-the-board, most people would agree. This post attempts to go to the genesis of this disagreement because it's threatening to pit brotherly peoples (TZ and rwanda) and putting at peril what we generally refer to as the EAC or Kenyana.

To begin with, let's assume the advice was worth giving and truthful. Coming on the sides of an AU summit that was called to discuss the DRC, among other things, the ambush by brother JK on the Rwanda and Uganda prezzos had deja-vu written allover it. Yes, they must have remembered the likes of Cameron, Obama and other western leaders lecturing them about this or that, from democracy to gay rights. But this was a brother from across our shared ponds, who has had ample time during EAC tête-à-têtes or better still bilaterally through diplomatic channels to share his thoughts. He hadn't tried (and exhausted0 private, bilateral or regional (EAC) channels.

But brother JK waited for the grand occasion when all the in-laws, neighbors, enemies and friends had gathered to point out the holes in Rwanda's and Uganda's trouser.

Now on the subject of the talks themselves. Are the FDLR or ADF, for example, willing to talk? Did they, perhaps, pass on a list of their demands through the Tz government? No? I thought so. The ADF wants to establish sharia in Uganda where 85% of people are christian. The FDLR wants to go back and finish off the remaining Tutsi. Both are listed as terrorist organisations. It would be tricky to begin talks with these chaps, to say the least. Only military pressure can convince them to talk. As a Ugandan, I would support initiating talks with them after the TPDF has beaten them black and blue. Good luck with that.

Granted, the good prezzo acknowledged Uganda and Rwanda's security concerns in the DRC. But rais JK, the ADF is to Uganda what Al Qaeda is to the USA, and the FDLR, Rwandans believe, poses not a security, but existential threat. Most Ugandans didn't even give talking to the ADF a second thought because it can't happen. But for the Rwandans especially, it touches on a raw nerve.

It was diplomatically inept for Tz to drop that bombshell the way it was dropped.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Tue Jul 09 2013, 23:04

@Spartan, Are you personally aware of Kikwete's intentions for the outbursts? Murisho ain't such rude for the time I have known him. EAC Media houses have a clandestine way of inter-weaving these kind of scenarios.

If anyone has the PDF script of Jakaya Kikwete's exact speech can splash it here for farther emotional analysis.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:06

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:@Spartan, Are you personally aware of Kikwete's intentions for the outbursts? Murisho ain't such rude for the time I have known him. EAC Media houses have a clandestine way of inter-weaving these kind of scenarios.

If anyone has the PDF script of Jakaya Kikwete's exact speech can splash it here for farther emotional analysis.

I don't think I get you very well, but I will reply you all the same. No, I aint aware of rais Kikwete's 'intentions for the outbursts', and don't think anyone can really claim to know, unless you're in his head or he has told you. As far as I am concerned, he hasn't cleared the air. All we have to go by is the outcome of his speech, and obviously that's not what the good JK envisaged.

Emotional analysis......hmmmn. It's the Rwandese and Tanzanians who are emotional about this. In Ug we can't even have a conversation about talking to some of these groups, that's why I am probably the only Ugandan you know who has expressed an opinion about this tiff between Rwanda and Tanzania.

Before you lump me together with the Rwandans like those Tanzanians on the Jamii forums calling for war, I abhor the reaction of the Rwandese gov't on this. They have escalated a very minor issue into a diplomatic incident. On the other hand I am totally satisfied with our ole Man's handling of this. Silence is Golden.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty KIKWETE - KAGAME

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:52

@Spartan, You narrowly misunderstood my postulation. I meant analysing Jakaya's emotions during his speech, not yours, if we had a PDF-script here of his speech. Apparently I do reckon that Dar & Kigali are both big time antagonistic chaps who can turn EAC intergration into a pipe-dream if not closely monitored by 'spooky chaps'. I know that you might be more well-versed with the tantrums on-air over the Rwanda/Tz border than I do when you bring on-board Uganda's long relations with this two. But extra ballast is needed to knock-over cool-JK's real posture.

From the Rwandans themselves:- Understanding President Kikwete's "SYMPATHY" for FDLR rebels.
http://www.newsofrwanda.com/featured1/18857/understanding-president-kikwetes-sympathy-for-fdlr-rebels/

Thats a typical Rwandan's understanding of Kikwete's intentions in lieu with his outbursts, egocentrism in full-throttle, reducing it's own credibility. Still anyone with Jakaya's full PDF-speech at that Great-Lakes regions summit in Addis can post it here.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Wed Jul 10 2013, 09:48

http://freebongo.blogspot.com/2013/07/nasubiri-wakati-mwafaka-wa-kumuonyesha.html
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Jul 10 2013, 12:56

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:@Spartan, You narrowly misunderstood my postulation. I meant analysing Jakaya's emotions during his speech, not yours, if we had a PDF-script here of his speech.

My bad, apologies are in order.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:24

Reading through a couple of time, and I still ain’t quite sure what #Mooz was alluding to in that deep soliloquy, which happens to me often when #Mooz gets  his goat up about one thing or another (rare, thank god!). Gotta break it down for this simple fella, #Mooz, buddy, aisseei!!Shocked Very Happy 

My opinion - JK was not expressing a personal view on this matter – no head of state ever does on a matter of the serious regional ramifications as outlined so vividly by #Spartan.  Whatever JK said, and more so what he left unsaid, was the carefully developed position through multi-Agency collaborative efforts of his Government. That is what the collective called Government of Tanzania thinks about the matter.  It informs all facets of Government, including the Military Component of the NIF.  In fact, it defines the ethos of the TPDF component of the NIF.  And that JK spoke as he did (and where HE DID) was simply in tactical preparations for the evolution of the War Strategy & Plans of the TPDF / NIF in the DRC – remember that the TPDF will run Ops, Planning & Intel for this mongrel child of the UNSC. 

Unsurprising, therefore, that RDF is now openly embedded with the M23 (the Tutsi chaps are all but mobilized for war in the DRC) and the Old Lion has strategically / ominously gone silent.  The latest UN Report is unique for only one fact - the heavy musk of their fear that this this cauldron might yet splash us all, aisseeii!

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty KAGAME - KIKWETE

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 11 2013, 10:42

Thanks @Mchoraji for the link. I stumbled on the clip of Kagame when he was responding to JK's "advice" & he was fuming like a teenager high on narcotics. Well, now fully well-versed with Kagame's childish resentments, JK's speech pdf-script wouldn't be needed. Which only leaves us with two wrestling options (a) JK's advice was in good faith & the one which @ON has brought on-board (b) A well-watered Policy with GoTZ/TPDF/NIF fingers stuck in. Then what people? Headsway for EAC-Expanded? It is now in the open that Kagame's mind doesn't only see a single chance, but sees a series of opportunities. Should I slip-over L.Kivu? or L.Tanganyika? or should I spin over L.Victoria? Such is the way Kagame envisions opportunities to the extent of portraying a mental - dull incompetence second only to Morsi's. EAC-Expanded is a mammoth opportunity for Kigali. Kagame will do anything to remain relevant.

Spartan wrote:
My bad, apologies are in order.
Apologies too if I presented my info in an awkward manner.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Jul 11 2013, 14:44

http://www.afroamerica.net/AfricaGL/2013/04/12/how-fdlr-top-commander-general-stanislas-nzeyimana-was-abducted-by-rwandan-dmi/

I think TZ & Rwanda have been having issues for sometime now.the fact that Rwanda in April sent it's agents to arrest this FDLR general on TZ soil when this Hutu rebel leader had been a guest of the TZ military must have been quite embarrassing to ndugu zetu wa jamhuri ya muungano. this must have been part of the reasons TZ may not be feeling very friendly to our rwandan brothers. how will kenyana overcome this?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:10

Very real that Kigali's & Dar's huff-&-puff can put Kenyana/EAC-Expanded in jeorpady, but that can't go unrivaled. It's quiet unfortunate for the two countries that they don't hold the cards for Kenyana's survivability. On paper, Dar & Nairobi can play the same role in Kenyana - Logistical responsibilities in line with their ports, highways & rails connecting to Landlocked countries in Kenyana, this entirely depends on how one is willing to risk the available resources for longterm benefits, and it's well-known that Nairobi here calls the shots pretty well (Read Kenya's debt, excess the budget).

How can Kenyana respond to a warring Tz/Rw? My opinion: As for a rude Kigali towards Dar, it's pretty easy. 1st, Kigali's greed for survival resources is the Archi heel for their taming. We set the standards & if they go off the reservations we wouldn't be coming after them. Sanctions are a top priority here. As for a rude Tz towards Kigali, the necessary is unavoidable, let them free to be babysat by SADC.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:46

JK / Tanzania  only just did what the rest of EAC-Expanded  have wanted to do openly (and do vigorously in the corridors of Government) for the past twenty years – challenge this artificiality prevailing over the Great Lakes that was created by the horrendous Genocide in Rwanda to which has developed a revisionist doctrine now called “Genocide-against-the-Tutsi”  that the Tall Thin One has elevated to a global philosophy with which he has taken the world onto a now-twenty-year unending collectivized guilty odyssey over the horrendous Rwanda Genocide in which his RPF murderous brigands participated in equal measure and greater vigor – unlike the Nazi Genocide of the Jews (which inspired the Rwandan Ruling Elite Revisionism of the Events & Causes of their Genocide) in which the Jews were acknowledged as entirely victims.  I reckon those who do know what did happen in Rwanda (I, between November 1993 to Mid-April 1994) (beyond the loaded renditions that are belted out by Rwandaphiles); sickened by the godlessness and Satanism of the 100-Day April-Bloodfest and the forty-years history leading to it, were quite willing to wallow in this unjustifiably shared guilt (it was a wholly Rwandaise Bloodfest) and work /hope to ensure suppression of these base behaviors of Hutu-Tutsi, - until the Rwanda Genocide became renamed by the Kigali Regime as the Genocide-­against-the-Tutsi  sometimes last year, in the wake of waning global fascination with this incredible Rwandaise penchant for blood-letting. Clearly this has become exposed as a governance control-mechanism.

Like a lot of Nations, Tanzania desires that Rwanda transitions this demonic event, after nearly twenty years of National & individual retrospective reflection,  learning & growing strong from these events, national / cross-border reconciliation & matching into the future as One People - opposed to the Tall Thin One’s expressed determination to entrench the Genocide into the National & International Psyche with a carefully selective rendition of it – a permanent guilt weighing down the Majority Hutu, from which there appears to be no salvation / redemption in sight, over events that were orchestrated by all protagonists to this horrible civil war -  there has obviously been benefits from this policy both for Rwanda and for individuals of the ruling elite in Rwanda.  But a Seven-year old boy-child that fled Rwanda in 1994 riding on the shoulders of his Genocidaire father is today still hiding in the smoky forests of the Congo branded a Genocidaire ,like his father, by the Rwanda Ruling Class, rejected by his host-country, unable to return home and without hope of ever living a normal life. In the intervening period, the Tall Thin Man has, through blatantly discriminating affirmative policies in education, employment and in commerce, created a new ruling class of a core minority that openly lords over the Hutu majority with officially-sanctioned slogans of their collectivized culpability for the Millions dead since 1959. And Rwanda Ruling Class continuously and blithely proposes to the world that this situation is unending and yet desirable, rejecting all alternative offers in solution to it – the surrender option is a laughably misnomer being a life-long deadly stigma in a society that is as dense as any in the world. 

That there has been such little contra-reaction to JK reflections on this matter is indeed heavy pointer that there are many in EAC-Expanded that hold this view, in Africa too – certainly the Old Lion was  severely wounded to be so unjustly lumped in this same box with the Genocidaire in Kigali, hardly an appropriate epitaph to an illustrious revolutionary career.  This is possibly the singular motivation for the frenzied reactions to JK and TPDF/NIF in Kigali - Siege! 

On this matter, the Tall Thin One stands entirely alone – our Ole Man, who blunted all criticisms of the Tall Thin One from EAC-expanded, hide him under his wide shoulders, has with acclaimed contentment retired.  UK will not play along with this open charade, I dare say.

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 17 Empty ADF Now 10km From Uganda Border

Post  Spartan Fri Jul 12 2013, 14:03

The ADF rebels are now less than 10 km from the Uganda-DRC border, having routed the FARDC on Thursday from Kamango Town Council, just 15km from Ug. More than 4,000 refugees have since entered Ug.

FARDC is clearly not up to the task of giving the ADF any resistance, which is their job as long as the rebels are on their side of the border. However, should they cross it, you will hear the rest. But it's unlikely they will, unless their operations are part of a very wide plan by unknown actors in that region.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 23:10

Spartan wrote:The ADF rebels are now less than 10 km from the Uganda-DRC border, having routed the FARDC on Thursday from Kamango Town Council, just 15km from Ug. More than 4,000 refugees have since entered Ug.

FARDC is clearly not up to the task of giving the ADF any resistance, which is their job as long as the rebels are on their side of the border. However, should they cross it, you will hear the rest. But it's unlikely they will, unless their operations are part of a very wide plan by unknown actors in that region.

@Spartan, Aggressor-one, Flying Crane - you chaps are unfairly quiet about this developing manenos on your Western Border, brothers. 

Latest count this evening closer to 50K (I could be misinformed) have surged across into Uganda, with hundreds of thousands milling around like a herd of Wildebeest waiting to bolt for the border.  

Just how did these brigands grow such cohones this fast and no one knew it?  

Some clever Msungu is lighting fires all over Kivu.  

ADF stages from Ituri, mostly, little footprint in North Kivu, so what the feck is this ugali-na-mboga?  Precipitate a immediate reactionary preemptive deployment of SADC/NIF into North Kivu, in tandem with a necessary but limited egress of UPDF into Ituri (to settle the seething fluid masses of possible refugees)? Limited duration aggressor-contacts against both SADC/NIF and the UPDF, to engender eventual contact between them.  

And then maharagwe na mahindi- two blocs at War!

Give up what you can give up, fellas!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:08

ole Nkarei wrote:
@Spartan, Aggressor-one, Flying Crane - you chaps are unfairly quiet about this developing manenos on your Western Border, brothers. 

Latest count this evening closer to 50K (I could be misinformed) have surged across into Uganda, with hundreds of thousands milling around like a herd of Wildebeest waiting to bolt for the border.  

ADF stages from Ituri, mostly, little footprint in North Kivu, so what the feck is this ugali-na-mboga?  Precipitate a immediate reactionary preemptive deployment of SADC/NIF into North Kivu, in tandem with a necessary but limited egress of UPDF into Ituri (to settle the seething fluid masses of possible refugees)? Limited duration aggressor-contacts against both SADC/NIF and the UPDF, to engender eventual contact between them.  

I've been keeping this topic active here, haven't been in touch with Aggressor or Crane for sometime. But I can assure all that the 'tip of the spear' has been ordered to assemble and are on Standby Class One.

We have shouted ourselves hoarse about the ADF but no one wanted to hear. The liberal-controlled world media and UN only act on issues they choose, issues that resonate with their world view. Right now the world believes Uganda is only interested in Congolese mineral wealth. We shared with the UN 'Group of Experts' about the intel we had on the numbers of the ADF only for them to write in the report that they 'couldn't verify' those numbers. Kwani, did they expect to fly to the ADF camps, call a parade and do a headcount?

My own assessment is that the ADF, alone or in concert with other parties, could be trying to get us to cross so that they turn the narrative away from themselves and other targeted negative forces. That's a bait we are not swallowing, and that's why it's the tip of the spear that's been chosen to lead the assault should the current state of affairs continue. Quick surgical strikes as opposed to brigades of men crossing into DRC for months.

On the other hand, I am happy the ADF has reared its ugly head to remind the world the true meaning of 'negative force'. They probably weren't happy with the UN's preoccupation with the M23 alone as a negative force.

Our TPDF brothers meanwhile lost 7 of their colleagues yesterday in Sudan. Sadly, they should expect more body bags should they meet the M23 or ADF. Which brings me to the question - What are 16,000 UNAMID troops doing in Sudan? 'Peacekeeping' needs to be reviewed. They is no peace to keep in Sudan with thousands of murderous arab and other groups doing the rounds there.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 14 2013, 16:18

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

I've been keeping this topic active here, haven't been in touch with Aggressor or Crane for sometime. But I can assure all that the 'tip of the spear' has been ordered to assemble and are on Standby Class One.

We have shouted ourselves hoarse about the ADF but no one wanted to hear. The liberal-controlled world media and UN only act on issues they choose, issues that resonate with their world view. Right now the world believes Uganda is only interested in Congolese mineral wealth. We shared with the UN 'Group of Experts' about the intel we had on the numbers of the ADF only for them to write in the report that they 'couldn't verify' those numbers. Kwani, did they expect to fly to the ADF camps, call a parade and do a headcount?

My own assessment is that the ADF, alone or in concert with other parties, could be trying to get us to cross so that they turn the narrative away from themselves and other targeted negative forces. That's a bait we are not swallowing, and that's why it's the tip of the spear that's been chosen to lead the assault should the current state of affairs continue. Quick surgical strikes as opposed to brigades of men crossing into DRC for months.

On the other hand, I am happy the ADF has reared its ugly head to remind the world the true meaning of 'negative force'. They probably weren't happy with the UN's preoccupation with the M23 alone as a negative force.

Our TPDF brothers meanwhile lost 7 of their colleagues yesterday in Sudan. Sadly, they should expect more body bags should they meet the M23 or ADF. Which brings me to the question - What are 16,000 UNAMID troops doing in Sudan? 'Peacekeeping' needs to be reviewed. They is no peace to keep in Sudan with thousands of murderous arab and other groups doing the rounds there.

Well, there is heavy running talk of a regional approach, heavy-quick response.  The Stand-by HQ chaps are breathless.  We might just see if this Integrated Matrix of Shared Security is ready and works, sooner than we had expected.

Nevertheless, I cannot help by wonder if this is why the Old Lion was so uncharacteristically silent.

Have had quite some traffic over the past couple days from brothers in the Tall Thin man's uniformed hierarchy; same questions and same responses - ""glad this ADF thing is astir and taking the pleasure away from us somewhat', and ''when is the EAC stand-by elements going in?"  See, if that  happens, then RDF could make legal tactical forays into Kivu under this smokescreen to shore up their moto-wa-kambo M23.  And SADC  would be less gangho about 'engaging negative forces' in an area where the players include National Forces who might not be enamored to SADC's presence.  JK blew it good with that uncharacteristically tactless blubber!

Feed us some crumbles when you can bro.

Damn these Jungus!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 14 2013, 18:24

ole Nkarei wrote:Have had quite some traffic over the past couple days from brothers in the Tall Thin man's uniformed hierarchy; same questions and same responses - ""glad this ADF thing is astir and taking the pleasure away from us somewhat', and ''when is the EAC stand-by elements going in?"  See, if that  happens, then RDF could make legal tactical forays into Kivu under this smokescreen to shore up their moto-wa-kambo M23.  And SADC  would be less gangho about 'engaging negative forces' in an area where the players include National Forces who might not be enamored to SADC's presence.  JK blew it good with that uncharacteristically tactless blubber!

Feed us some crumbles when you can bro.

Damn these Jungus!!

Why won't people let this spat die away. Yesterday, Saturday July 13th, rais Kagame stirred the pot again when addressing his party youth.

Someone here, I think it was Mooz, wanted to know the exact words used by Kikwete. Apparently, according to www.chimpreports.com, he said

Rais Kikwete wrote:ADF is attacking Uganda and FDRL is doing the same to Rwanda so efforts should be made to end such attacks. Talks should be held between governments and rebels hiding in the DRC where they launch attacks against their countries of origin. Military operations against the rebels will not yield fruit
- See more at: http://chimpreports.com/index.php/regional-news/rwanda/11420-kagame-not-taking-kikwete-%E2%80%98fdlr-remarks%E2%80%99-for-granted.html#sthash.rn4f1NAv.dpuf

Now that we have the exact words, I don't think the double standards, and therefore insincerity, were lost on the Uganda and Rwanda delegations. "Military operations will not yield fruit" said the man preparing the TPDF for military operations against the same groups. Bana!!!
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next