THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+64
mwenyeji
kimiti
Admin
gash
mwepesi
paladin
Ned Starks Head
Mbaine
habasweyne
Sisal Makonge
chui
Kamalet
UncleBoni
mekatilili
mbs
PatriotKenyan
obienga
MasterChief
Gallahad
nyukilized
Observer
Muratina
edmuiru
Kepler-Euler
leokweru
SIAT
GreyArea
areba
vince
Nesta
Batian
Interloper
georiise
Sierra Kilo
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
firewall
cylon
Balozi
Analyst
mJESHI mMOJA
SS Jamuhuri
Sayaret matkal
MWAURA
Al Bashir
mogen
tempest
mambotupu
Mkenya
Uzi
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
MOOZALENDO
Flying Crane
livefire
mchoraji
proud kenyan
pacifist
Kobooz
Spartan
Risasi
countersniper
jasiri
timoh
Olekoima
68 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Muratina Wed Dec 11 2013, 16:05

I have a suggestion which can help avoid conflict on the forum btwn noobs and the veterans. Is there a way the moderator can add a setting that allows someone to only start posting after a certain period of time after the creation of an account. This would ensure that every new member gets a mandatory period to lurk in the forum and learn decorum. I also feel this would ensure that the vets show a little more trust to the noobs. It will also ensure that people dont start posting here as a knee jerk reaction to events. Im suggesting this because i have been following the forum for years without posting and its still difficult for me to ask questions here due to the mistrust i sense coming from some regular posters here. Im sure there are many others who lurk in the shadows from back in the day but dont post due to fear being lumped in together with people who came here just to troll about westgate
Muratina
Muratina

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriotKenyan Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:25

firewall wrote:No one got chased away, debate is healthy, its not about burying your head in the sand my friend, we should discuss both the good and the bad.

Really? I've been a member of the forum for a while and a spectator for even longer. Saying the debate is healthy is far from the truth; and you sir, are the one with your head in the sand.

I'm a civy and was of the thought that the mud slinging that was directed to the men in boots was not civil at all. Had I been the one in the cross fire I'd have had no reason to lurk in the forum too. All you need is some time and the ability to click on the back button on your browser and see the contributions ON and others that have fallen silent had on this forum. Personally if I knew where they went I'd jump there without hesitation.

A border lies between criticism and belittlement, judging on how you respond to this will reveal the tendency to cross it. This forum, is grounded on accommodating conflicting views and in search for answers we ought to have it in ourselves to lend ear to someone Else's view, no matter how we think their angle of approach is warped.

That's my 2cents.

Dont really want to dwell on a topic that is causing angst amongst forumers, however, speaking for myself, I dont believe my contribution can be described as 'mud slinging'; think its clear to any logical thinker that something went wrong, however, I objected (and will continue to object) to insinuations that Kenyans are not capable of being rational thinkers without it being labelled as the by product of Western propaganda.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for the men and women in the KDF, however, I will not blindly support those who tarnish the reputation of our disciplined forces and bring shame to the Country which a few did on that day and hope will be held accountable.

Like you, I have been a long time follower of this forum and do hope that ON and other uniforms engage with us again, my head is definately not in the sand my friend, I can only speak for myself.

That is all on that topic; moderators, apologies but I had to put that across.

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:You shouldn't be uncomfortable a bit with the Military doing some amateuristic rounds in Nairobi & it's environs, bro P.kenyan. These actions by the Military we are envisioning are a part of a much-awaited "Expansive-manouver" to hit a target of 100 000 personnel - Nothing like chasing some Nairobi thugs/terrorists/car-jackers ecetra. The Nairobi Command is the 3rd one after the 'Eastern' & the 'Western' Commands. Two more Military commands are in the cooking which should be induced into the Defence forces before any other Military decision in it's Strategic-projectile can take root.
The Nairobi facility's 80% of operations will fall under Risasi and Co. - More of an 'Air Arm'.
Thats the little I know.

@Mjeshi/@Risasi, fall-in Soldiers to add more pointers

@blog, let's let this issue of 'chasing-comrades' slip away. Some of them are proud plain-nilotes :DAnd we pretty know their day to day life. They'll be back unless they cross over to the Karamojong villages right infront of Museveni's Artillery battalion at their disposal.

Thanks for the input, I do believe this may curb crime by the mere inclusion of the KDF as criminals now have an unknown factor to deal with. It would be interesting to understand how co-ordination between the KDF and other units has been factored in to this new structure.
PatriotKenyan
PatriotKenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Nairobi Metropolitan Command

Post  Gallahad Wed Dec 11 2013, 18:15

The Nairobi command, like other such commands abroad and at home I think is mainly a headquarters type of set up, with operations, intelligence, supply, logistics and training staff permanntly attatched for purposes of planning and units assigned on a needs basis. 

I believe it has been set up as a result of lessons learned during westgate. Someone needs to have contigency action plans as well astechnical plans for all major urban buildings for rapid response. Continuous training of units to be attatched also needs to be carried out under a single command.

The 40th may be presented with their colours but probably not the 30th due to opsec................I can just imagine everyone with a camera having a field day.

Oh how I miss our military types on this forum..........they might just find it worth their while to return if we keep it civil.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kdf media offensive

Post  Gallahad Wed Dec 11 2013, 18:51

It is certainly very pleasing to see kdf on a media blitz. We have some  very clever people at Ulinzi house. So far we have seen reports on the Kaf fighter pilots, the sf, women in the kdf, the canine unit and the kdf band spread over different media and houses. We look forward to more......armour, infantry, supply, a special of meet the commanders, inside ulinzi house maybe.

Kenyans shall certainly know more about these brave guardians of ours if a full series of stories is aired and written and with that knowledge shall come confidence. Part of this war against alkebabs entails retaing the confidence of the citizenry.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Dec 11 2013, 20:15

Nairobi command

@PatriotKenyan, @Gallahad, there are some truths in this yesterday's article about the Nairobi Command, just in line with what I said earlier. The functions outlined in their are also cover-ups, but they will always be considered.

This ain't supposed to imply something like seeing some soldiers running amok allover the streets when a civilian has been robbed. Chances of even seeing a soldier in Nairobi will be bloody-limited. Wana kazi yao.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Raychelle-Omamo-Nairobi-Metropolitan-Command-Police-Security/-/1056/2106796/-/155l9qy/-/index.html
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kenya @50:The Kenyans Behind Air Force Jets

Post  mashaa Thu Dec 12 2013, 08:27

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kenya at 50 Series: Women in the Military (Airforce)

Post  mashaa Thu Dec 12 2013, 19:51

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kenya At 50: Military jumbo flag preparations

Post  mashaa Thu Dec 12 2013, 19:55

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty f-15's

Post  mwenyeji Thu Dec 12 2013, 20:05

question to bullet man and the KDF people who prolly know more about such things better than the bloggersphere 

does kenya have the f-15's or was that just a rumour from http://www.intelligencebriefs.com/kenya-army-upgrading-its-strengths/

mwenyeji

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Dec 13 2013, 13:48

mwenyeji wrote:question to bullet man and the KDF people who prolly know more about such things better than the bloggersphere 

does kenya have the f-15's or was that just a rumour from http://www.intelligencebriefs.com/kenya-army-upgrading-its-strengths/
F-15 issue is to high for me aka risasi
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty KenyaAt50: Jane Wairimu, a soldier and a preacher with KDF

Post  mashaa Sat Dec 14 2013, 09:10

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Women serving as naval ship technicians

Post  mashaa Sun Dec 15 2013, 05:32

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15 2013, 20:43

mwenyeji wrote:question to bullet man and the KDF people who prolly know more about such things better than the bloggersphere 

IMHO as a civi, Kenya does not have any F15's because its service life costs are too expensive. A more probable future replace of the F5 might be a few F16s, they can use some of the F5s munitions, but as others on this forum had previously stated, the political situation means that the next fighter will come from the east

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty South Sudan

Post  jasiri Mon Dec 16 2013, 21:22

South Sudan is on fire. Very significant that this happened after Kiir visited Kenya. Are we going to see an East African intervention?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Tue Dec 17 2013, 23:01

@Jasiri, I think the EAC will most likely intervine diplomatically. Some of these S.Sudanese peolpe don't understand that there was Kenyan blood shed in their quest for Independence - 'till the shiet fills the fan, somehow. And that joke of an ex-Vice president. Lemmie keep my fellows busy as we keep eye on S. Sudan.

The UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) is giving some above-average updates. Follow the PDF articles from it's website ( http://unmiss.unmissions.org )

Happy Birthday Olekoima. We were expecting some cold-tuskers over here man Very Happy Very Happy ama are the dates here decoys? Or you had some businesses running in Juba? Very Happy
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18 2013, 03:24

jasiri wrote:South Sudan is on fire. Very significant that this happened after Kiir visited Kenya. Are we going to see an East African intervention?

Wasn't the East African Standby Force (EASF) supposed to deal with this kind of situations? Is it currently operational?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Dec 18 2013, 07:07

deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:South Sudan is on fire. Very significant that this happened after Kiir visited Kenya. Are we going to see an East African intervention?

Wasn't the East African Standby Force (EASF) supposed to deal with this kind of situations? Is it currently operational?

It is not yet operational
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Wed Dec 18 2013, 10:15

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
deconstructor wrote:

It is not yet operational
apparently KDF has decided to deploy to South Sudan, preliminary mission being:
• create a safe corridor
• evacuate Kenyans
• insertion and extraction maneuvers for complex scenarios.
Seems Kenya is flexing up finally.... (i wonder the size of the infantry needed, air Calvary size, Spec Ops elements needed etc.

May the deployment gain a secondary meaning of stabilizing S.Sudan?
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:10

@Livefire any link? If it is a stabilisation mission it will be betrayed by the force composition. Do you know the force make up? IMHO, I always knew Kenya would go in. Kiir is just too important economically for Kenya to be left to fend for himself. Machar on the other hand is one unpredictable fellow. It would be unwise to throw our weight behind him.
ION i hear the situation is very bad in SS. Never ending gunfire and widespread killings. My source says “siku za kawaida enyewe wakenya wanauliwa, mara hii sasa ndio mbaya zaidi!“
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:13

@Livefire any link? If it is a stabilisation mission it will be betrayed by the force composition. Do you know the force make up? IMHO, I always knew Kenya would go in. Kiir is just too important economically for Kenya to be left to fend for himself. Machar on the other hand is one unpredictable fellow. It would be unwise to throw our weight behind him.
ION i hear the situation is very bad in SS. Never ending gunfire and widespread killings. My source says “siku za kawaida enyewe wakenya wanauliwa, mara hii sasa ndio mbaya zaidi!“
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Wed Dec 18 2013, 11:57

jasiri wrote:@Livefire any link? If it is a stabilisation mission it will be betrayed by the force composition. Do you know the force make up? IMHO, I always knew Kenya would go in. Kiir is just too important economically for Kenya to be left to fend for himself. Machar on the other hand is one unpredictable fellow. It would be unwise to throw our weight behind him.

no official link as we speak, but getting info from here n there, some social sites that usually gets this thing right.

i have no clue of composition make up but a recon team must have advised for such a posture. The nitty gritties of deployment can never be known in details.
The kidogo stew is that the Kenyan administration is worried about its citizens in SS. the situation is dire so to speak. primary mission of force is;
• to create a safe corridor for the Kenyans,
• Expected jump in according to the mill is expected to be Saturday or sooner if the situation doesn't improve to prevent further loss of Kenyan lives.
• soldiers to be deployed are being readied for mission at hand as we speak

Maybe One Man Army, Risasi et al can throw a bone to the developing events..maybe add flesh to this or discredit it all together for a sense of direction.

livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Dec 18 2013, 19:18

livefire wrote:
jasiri wrote:@Livefire any link? If it is a stabilisation mission it will be betrayed by the force composition. Do you know the force make up? IMHO, I always knew Kenya would go in. Kiir is just too important economically for Kenya to be left to fend for himself. Machar on the other hand is one unpredictable fellow. It would be unwise to throw our weight behind him.

no official link as we speak, but getting info from here n there, some social sites that usually gets this thing right.

i have no clue of composition make up but a recon team must have advised for such a posture.  The nitty gritties of deployment can never be known in details.
The kidogo stew is that the Kenyan administration is worried about its citizens in SS. the situation is dire so to speak. primary mission of force is;
• Expected jump in according to the mill is expected to be Saturday or sooner if the situation doesn't improve to prevent further loss of Kenyan lives.

Maybe One Man Army, Risasi et al can throw a bone to the developing events..maybe add flesh to this or discredit it all together for a sense of direction.

we still up in the Som theatre + Westgate counter maneno.  SS I hvn,t had (due to my area of Ops nothing more) but may be support ops ,intel and most likely "external pilot affairs yavne "  to do some real time case study .
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Dec 19 2013, 23:23

Some EAC-Expanded/IGAD/Kenyana diplomats flew in earlier on today.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Kenya-minister--IGAD-teams-fly-to-South-Sudan/-/1066/2118244/-/11vj2ox/-/index.html
They are doing their best there although it seems the rebels have other ambitions ( http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/South-Sudan-civil-war-fears-grow-as-rebels-reject-talks--/-/1066/2119132/-/nelctq/-/index.html ) making the situation more murkier. Some military formations are in the tilt of being weighed in if on-ground situation remains constant.

We have had some civilian spooks in Juba & there abouts even before the country descended to independence.

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:@Jasiri, I think the EAC will most likely intervine diplomatically. Some of these S.Sudanese peolpe don't understand that there was Kenyan blood shed in their quest for Independence - 'till the shiet fills the fan, somehow. And that joke of an ex-Vice president. Lemmie keep my fellows busy as we keep eye on S. Sudan.

The UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) is giving some above-average updates. Follow the PDF articles from it's website ( http://unmiss.unmissions.org )

Happy Birthday Olekoima. We were expecting some cold-tuskers over here man Very Happy Very Happy ama are the dates here decoys? Or you had some businesses running in Juba? Very Happy
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Sat Dec 21 2013, 16:27

Risasi wrote:
livefire wrote:

i have no clue of composition make up but a recon team must have advised for such a posture.  The nitty gritties of deployment can never be known in details.

we still up in the Som theatre + Westgate counter maneno.  SS I hvn,t had (due to my area of Ops nothing more) but may be support ops ,intel and most likely "external pilot affairs yavne "  to do some real time case study .

Thanx for reply Risasi & keep the rudder stick busy over the somali plains.

As earlier stated, it seems KDF has finally been deployed to SS, (Bor, Jonglei state), consistent with "Saturday jump in timelines & with a primary mission of evacuation of Kenyans pending a secondary mandate if need be".

chimpreports.com/mobile/http://chimpreports.com/index.php/mobile/regional-news/s-sudan/15169-kenyatta-orders-armed-deployment-in-juba.html

www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/?articleID=2000100573&story_title=president-uhuru-orders-kdf-to-rescue-1-600-kenyans-stranded-in-south-sudan
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  georiise Sat Dec 21 2013, 17:16

Risasi and co at the Tusker air show
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Air_110
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Air_210
georiise
georiise

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty TUSKER AIR SHOW

Post  mchoraji Mon Dec 23 2013, 12:36

Let me add on what @ Georise already posted on the Tusker Air show

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1410

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 510

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 710

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1510

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1910

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1610

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1710

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 2710

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 1810

Last edited by mchoraji on Mon Dec 23 2013, 15:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Tusker airshow

Post  Kobooz Mon Dec 23 2013, 15:10

You can't believe how the fans were thrilled by the the sound of the J85-GE-21B f5 tiger engines, or surprisingly a huge population still doesn't know that we have in store equipment can move that fast. We need to make this event annual as was before. @risasi, we used to have on airforce day more thorough displays, simulations etc, kwani kulienda aje?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Dec 23 2013, 18:42

Risasi does the KAF have any unused aerail transporters lying in storage???

Because i was thinking it would be a convenient if we had once aerial fire plane to combat huge bush fires around the country?
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Dec 24 2013, 10:06

So, as we relieve the memories of the Tusker Air Show (a boring affair if not for the Air Force) and attempt to procure water bombers (we rarely have forest fires) id like to bring the blogs attention to something we've discussed here before. Airlift capacity
The South Sudan evac has once again showed the KAF's Achilles heel, Air transport capacity. almost 24000 Kenyans in South Sudan, with 1200 Kenyans targeted for air evac less than 500 have been evacuated thus far! Is it time for the Air Force to get bigger n more capable transports?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Dec 24 2013, 19:49

jasiri wrote:So, as we relieve the memories of the Tusker Air Show (a boring affair if not for the Air Force) and attempt to procure water bombers (we rarely have forest fires) id like to bring the blogs attention to something we've discussed here before. Airlift capacity
The South Sudan evac has once again showed the KAF's Achilles heel, Air transport capacity. almost 24000 Kenyans in South Sudan, with 1200 Kenyans targeted for air evac less than 500 have been evacuated thus far! Is it time for the Air Force to get bigger n more capable transports?

Didnt we have a forest fire last year and it took people with twigs and branches to put it out when a simple air tanker would have would solved the problem real quick. And 2 months ago Laikipia county just had the biggest bush fire and the British army came to the rescue by dumping water on some of the hot spots.

On the topic of air transport a phase shift to bigger planes would mean some buffalo's could be used as aerial water tankers. They already supposed to be retired birds.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next