THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+64
mwenyeji
kimiti
Admin
gash
mwepesi
paladin
Ned Starks Head
Mbaine
habasweyne
Sisal Makonge
chui
Kamalet
UncleBoni
mekatilili
mbs
PatriotKenyan
obienga
MasterChief
Gallahad
nyukilized
Observer
Muratina
edmuiru
Kepler-Euler
leokweru
SIAT
GreyArea
areba
vince
Nesta
Batian
Interloper
georiise
Sierra Kilo
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
firewall
cylon
Balozi
Analyst
mJESHI mMOJA
SS Jamuhuri
Sayaret matkal
MWAURA
Al Bashir
mogen
tempest
mambotupu
Mkenya
Uzi
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
MOOZALENDO
Flying Crane
livefire
mchoraji
proud kenyan
pacifist
Kobooz
Spartan
Risasi
countersniper
jasiri
timoh
Olekoima
68 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Wed Jun 05 2013, 17:37

Old, but still interesting piece from defenceweb.com

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28756:kenya-to-receive-serbian-armoured-vehicles&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  timoh Thu Jun 06 2013, 10:20

http://www.deneldynamics.co.za/
seems to me, the zulus are well equiped in all fronts(manufacturing defence industry)
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:44

timoh wrote:http://www.deneldynamics.co.za/
seems to me, the zulus are well equiped in all fronts(manufacturing defence industry)

Precisely, they have some of the best weapons that even the major military powers covet.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jun 07 2013, 12:45

@ Risasi you'd be amazed at the number of pics of KDF-AF that find its way to Facebook alone. The picture of the said young eagle has been in FB since at least August last year. There's also one of a guy doing his pre-flights on an F-5, full face pic!
Separately, i am amazed that no one has noticed this (or comented) yet. KDF-AF Tigers have a new camouflage. Yes, an arid type camo. This may be the biggest confirmation of the presence of Eagles, i.e if tigers have changed camo to arid ground, who has the low visibility air camo?
Saw KNS Jasiri at the oil wharf today, surprised it still has no main gun to date! @Mjeshi you are not giving the lady a stick to protect herself?
@ Risasi, hii ni yako. I hear the wizard of "Oz" may be calling 'Downwind 07' soon Wink Wink Wink.Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) 70117
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Jun 07 2013, 12:50

countersniper wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:@Countersniper Bwana, You in close-proximity?

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:@Man-with-the-Golden-Gun, Do you have any information on the possible purchase of some choppers for our "Utumishi-kwa-wote" chaps? Recent activities from 'insyders' shows a well-watered anticipation to get some birds. Some flyboys are undergoing training in RSA, -1 chopper last year- a gap waiting for refilling, ..ecetra.

Please share if any.

i have been invited to an airshow early next month second week of July. am told lots top level big wigs from kenyana... including Kenya itself will be there as per specific invitation.
i will make sure i carry my camera and will post here what will be able to capture.
i have a whole day to see the static displays and later the air activities.
my two young lads are waiting for the day with a great anticipation.
about the utumishi wings.. things are in the middle of the pipeline am told there is a stop gap period of six to 10 months where by some deliveries will be made for them. watch the space.
Sorry to dissapoint man, Air Show was moved to December 14th a few days before you posted. Sponsorship hitch i presume.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Fri Jun 07 2013, 15:27

I KNOW about that but i was referring to this waddington air show
i will attending this one at RAF waddington military base and am not disappointed even though an insider had told me kdf was invited to participate with any historic aircraft they have but they did not take the offer for logistical reasons. i have tried to confirm this but no success

http://www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk/
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Jun 08 2013, 19:35

jasiri wrote:@ Risasi you'd be amazed at the number of pics of KDF-AF that find its way to Facebook alone. The picture of the said young eagle has been in FB since at least August last year. There's also one of a guy doing his pre-flights on an F-5, full face pic!
Separately, i am amazed that no one has noticed this (or comented) yet. KDF-AF Tigers have a new camouflage. Yes, an arid type camo. This may be the biggest confirmation of the presence of Eagles, i.e if tigers have changed camo to arid ground, who has the low visibility air camo?
Saw KNS Jasiri at the oil wharf today, surprised it still has no main gun to date! @Mjeshi you are not giving the lady a stick to protect herself?
@ Risasi, hii ni yako. I hear the wizard of "Oz" may be calling 'Downwind 07' soon Wink Wink Wink.Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) 70117
are taking about this picture?
http://www.kenyanlist.com/kls-listing-show.php?id=102027
its not that one . ile crane posted was a flight check on a T-38

about the above bird its a diamond DA-42 4seated trainer. the air craft has been modified to a 4 seated surveillance aircraft by adding a surveillance camera on it nose diamond DA-42MP. at the moment 4pcs are in the country with for BA training at nanyuki for training http://www.diamond-executive.aero/showkb.php?org_id=514&kb_id=37938
due to it light weight because of its compost structure it has been upgraded to remote control surveillance aircraft. i.e UAV. by an isreali company and designated as a Dominator II
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/21792623.png
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Jun 08 2013, 21:27

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:@ Risasi you'd be amazed at the number of pics of KDF-AF that find its way to Facebook alone. The picture of the said young eagle has been in FB since at least August last year. There's also one of a guy doing his pre-flights on an F-5, full face pic!

about the above bird its a diamond DA-42 4seated trainer. the air craft has been modified to a 4 seated surveillance aircraft by adding a surveillance camera on it nose diamond DA-42MP. at the moment 4pcs are in the country with for BA training at nanyuki for training http://www.diamond-executive.aero/showkb.php?org_id=514&kb_id=37938
due to it light weight because of its compost structure it has been upgraded to remote control surveillance aircraft. i.e UAV. by an isreali company and designated as a Dominator II

Private-looking planes fitted with ground surveillance gear are en-vogue these days. In 1996 there was intel that the Sudan government intended to bomb a certain high value target in mid-to-north Ug, and orders were given that all planes military or civie that intended to overfly that region had to have their written permission on the air defence commander's desk responsible for that sector at least one hour before the plane flew over. Then at 11:00hrs one Sarturday when those orders were still standing, here comes this six-seater plane. Those days we were'nt as sharp as we are today - missiles and AA fire was directed at the plane but coz it had passed about 11 miles away horizontally, everything missed.

Everyone manning the AA batteriesa and artillery was put in 'mabusu' or military detention for the uninitiated, for two weeks. Their charges?

1. Why did they try to shoot a plain civie aircraft moreover flying from K'la to Northern (towards Sudan and not vice versa). This was very easy for them to argue becoz a plane could overfly other areas and turn around to appear like it was coming from Ebbe.
2. Why did they fail to shoot it down despite their training? What if it was a real enemy craft. All the AA defence guys conceded this one (and it's still a popular example of why the law, and military law to be specific, is an ass).

The point of my long-winded example is that using civilian aircraft to do military tasks is uncharted territory, altho it can yield dividends
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty KENYA JUBILEE 2013

Post  Kobooz Sun Jun 09 2013, 22:15

As we turn 50 as a nation, it is an appropriate time for us to begin looking back and see how far we have come. In the good book God commanded special blessings for nations in the year of Jubilee. The peace that prevailed during elections, the new government dispensation, discovery of oil, super highways, defeating a regional monster AS etc to me these are some of the signs that we are living in special times. militarily I can't help but recall the development of our defense forces form the days of wearing kaptula, the bedford trucks, the unimog apcs, the carribous, the dorniers, strike masters, hawks, f5s, the birth of 50ACB, the failed coup, the professionalizing of our forces - a departure from siku za school failures ndio wanakuwa askari etc. May be its time bloggers throw some thoughts about our journey through to 50. Moving forward I pray that we will deal with issues that taint us. I really think that by now we shoudn't still be struggling with e.g. managing garbage? some thoughts pleas? On a slightly diff note. @ON and other boots, what is the wisdom or lack of it of not having at least a Navy FOB/station somewhere on lake Victoria? ama ni mimi niko gizani?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jun 10 2013, 14:34

Risasi wrote:

Now i understand. The pictures i have are from the BA DA-42MP. You know most k\Kenyans forget we have the the Queen's own in Kenya so when they spot a weird plane they automatically think it's Kenyan. Very Happy
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty Kenyan Military Trained to Defend Against Chemical Weapons

Post  Olekoima Tue Jun 11 2013, 18:11

This sounds great:-
http://allafrica.com/stories/201306110063.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty Strange

Post  pacifist Wed Jun 12 2013, 23:38

I have noted with grave concern that a particular Buffalo aircraft has been making frequent flights over my home. everyday they fly closer and closer to my roof. it could be due to the comments i have made in this forum. Anyway if the aforementioned Buffalo decides to make a drop of some dark guys who have eaten bulls, they are welcome for tea and Nyama choma. I love the sound of the Buffalo engines btw. beautiful bird

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 13 2013, 08:19

Hehehe peacenik! That has lifted my spirits buddy. Well then, throw in a case of chilled tucker malts and I will pass on your invitation. Btw it will be a night drop, six men. You won't know till they knock on your window. Hehehe! Good one!

pacifist wrote:I have noted with grave concern that a particular Buffalo aircraft has been making frequent flights over my home. everyday they fly closer and closer to my roof. it could be due to the comments i have made in this forum. Anyway if the aforementioned Buffalo decides to make a drop of some dark guys who have eaten bulls, they are welcome for tea and Nyama choma. I love the sound of the Buffalo engines btw. beautiful bird

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Thu Jun 13 2013, 12:05

pacifist wrote:I have noted with grave concern that a particular Buffalo aircraft has been making frequent flights over my home. everyday they fly closer and closer to my roof. it could be due to the comments i have made in this forum. Anyway if the aforementioned Buffalo decides to make a drop of some dark guys who have eaten bulls, they are welcome for tea and Nyama choma. I love the sound of the Buffalo engines btw. beautiful bird
maybe a training ops,prepping for the airstrip kila mahali thing ON talked about some time back..but if some mean looking fellas drop on..hope you get to tell us the experience afterwards. av also sighted the same, thought they were maybe trying under-the radar flying maneuvers or something, now the mean looking fellas part has also given me a few mambos to think about,maybe draw up a will or something

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Jun 13 2013, 17:37

The instrument panel for this CF-18 Hornet looks quite similar to that of a T38 C talon whose photo was posted the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=KRTw3nLrkM4&feature=endscreen
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:48

I still seriously doubt that there will be/ there is a F-15 in Kenya. The most likely scenario in my view is the J-10 or the F-16. It is easier (if we are buying US made) to get the Falcon than the eagle. Matters are even made worse after we elected a man not preferred by the west as president. I know this is business, but these things matter when it comes to US foreign military sales.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:20

Olekoima wrote:I still seriously doubt that there will be/ there is a F-15 in Kenya. The most likely scenario in my view is the J-10 or the F-16. It is easier (if we are buying US made) to get the Falcon than the eagle. Matters are even made worse after we elected a man not preferred by the west as president. I know this is business, but these things matter when it comes to US foreign military sales.
all we know so far is that some western stores on the part of aircraft are presently on location, purchased before the current regime took over and even presented the former C-in-C a flypast opportunity during his farewell march..the best you can do is swear an oath of secrecy with the bulletman and beg the details out of him on which stores are currently available on the side of air superiority

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:54

One hell of a parade is slated for 12th of December to commemorate 50th anniversary of our independence.If a proud eagle doesn't fly past the C-in-C on that day, I will take it that 254 has just been bluffing about ownership of the bird

Olekoima wrote:I still seriously doubt that there will be/ there is a F-15 in Kenya. The most likely scenario in my view is the J-10 or the F-16. It is easier (if we are buying US made) to get the Falcon than the eagle. Matters are even made worse after we elected a man not preferred by the west as president. I know this is business, but these things matter when it comes to US foreign military sales.
all we know so far is that some western stores on the part of aircraft are presently on location, purchased before the current regime took over and even presented the former C-in-C a flypast opportunity during his farewell march..the best you can do is swear an oath of secrecy with the bulletman and beg the details out of him on which stores are currently available on the side of air superiority
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Fri Jun 14 2013, 12:35

From my bench, i dont think those birds are within Kenyana, kwani they train from which thickets? Risasi and company may however be planning to go it big considering what our neighbors possess, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Uganda....
Talking of Kenya turning 50, an active Somalia theater, Omamo and KDF going strategic, whats does the defence budget for the fiscal year 2013/2014 look like?
A good budget posturing will translate to hardware add ons i believe.

mchoraji wrote:One hell of a parade is slated for 12th of December to commemorate 50th anniversary of our independence.If a proud eagle doesn't fly past the C-in-C on that day, I will take it that 254 has just been bluffing about ownership of the bird

livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:13

proud kenyan wrote:

Okay. let's wait and see then.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:16

mchoraji wrote:One hell of a parade is slated for 12th of December to commemorate 50th anniversary of our independence.If a proud eagle doesn't fly past the C-in-C on that day, I will take it that 254 has just been bluffing about ownership of the bird

Let's hope so, otherwise....

Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:18

livefire wrote:From my bench, i dont think those birds are within Kenyana, kwani they train from which thickets? Risasi and company may however be planning to go it big considering what our neighbors possess, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Uganda....
Talking of Kenya turning 50, an active Somalia theater, Omamo and KDF going strategic, whats does the defence budget for the fiscal year 2013/2014 look like?
A good budget posturing will translate to hardware add ons i believe.

I' am tempted to think like you @ livefire.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:20

@ livefire,
I think i saw something like KES 78b for defence. Earlier estimates had put the figure at around 60.4b.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:31

Kenya is a nation of intelligent sceptics. Not even a photograph will do - instant accusations of photoshop will clog these pages. The da.n thing is expensive to toy with unlike the Tigers. It is not a tactical but strategic air-superiority bird. Doing loops over Uhuru Park for the amusemebt of Nairobians? Conversion under the purchase protocols is the way to build flight hours - that's dobe and is continuous. Dec.12 is a good bet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 14 2013, 16:17

Forgive us the doubting Thomas's bro, we hear you but we can't help being skeptical.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Jun 15 2013, 10:36

I don't see any Multiple Rocket Launchers (MRLs) in KDF's inventory, why is that? All the neighboring countries have the BM 21 and it looks like all the 11 pieces aboard the MV Faina  ended in South Sudan. In the absence of these, what are the alternatives especially when you intend to soften certain hard targets? Over to the uniforms and anybody else with an idea.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sun Jun 16 2013, 07:22

@ON some of the forummers are suffering from chronic inferiority complex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex . even if KE
acquired a nuclear sub, they would find something wrong with that.

p/s don,t bother to much for extreme details
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Jun 16 2013, 09:07

@ Flying Crane,

This is just a debate which has nothing to do with what you are saying. we want to keep TEA alive and interesting. Being very mean with information means that we might then have nothing else to post and this site dies. No one is asking for military top secrets, but at least something that is permissible to post some of which may be in the public domain already or in the internet like this one:-

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/nora_b52.htm
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 09:17

Damn right, Crane. Like you, Iam a 'spit & shine' chap and hate indiscipline of every sort. But this soapy, sniveling, self deprecating, 'house-nigga' syndrome in educated Africans most of all. Dammit man, it is unsurprising that Ngugi wa Thiongo, Okoth Bitok, Francis Imbuga, JeanMarie Seroney and their generatiob of creative African intellectuals has not replicated in our present day African Educated. As a consequence Africa sometimes appears to be "marking time"! That is neither in doubt nor conjecture. The most frustrating manifestation of a tortured prisoner falling in love with the jailor of the millennia is in Africa's educated elite who imagine emancipation to be a snake-like shedding of their African "skin". How else has the white continued his colonization of Africa fifty years after "granting us independence"? Ati "love / hate" syndrome with relationships with Mzungu manifesting African "Envy" of Bazungu? Should Africa just give up striving for a dignified existence for our people and just lay back enjoy the white man's century old rape and pillage of our people? Does it really make sense for an intelligent African to purvey the warped argument that an african child ought not aspire for the same things a British child has (things the British pillage from africa) ati because that manifests the african child's envy / inferiority of / over the British child? Ati wanting equipment for our national defence from the West at the same time proudly pronouncing our independence and dignity is a "envy" of the white man?! I have no gentle words to express my contempt for such notions and the Africans that perpetuate them.

Britain proposal to pay a few of the survivors of British deliberate and official Genocidal Imperial actions in Kenya (all in their Eighties and Nineties) £2800 riding on an insultingly and unintelligent, reluctant, 60years-late, unmistakably insincere unspecific apology - as full closure to this sordid chapter of British History. Libya paid British citizens a whooping $10 million EACH! And this year the same jangling British paid a libyan victim of rendition a muthafeckin' cool £3.6 Million!! WHAT THE FECK?!

Flying Crane wrote:@ON some of the forummers are suffering from chronic inferiority complex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex . even if KE

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Empty ON Thanks for bouncing the ball...

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Jun 16 2013, 11:28

ole Nkarei wrote:Damn right, Crane. Like you, Iam a 'spit & shine' chap and hate indiscipline of every sort. But this soapy, sniveling, self deprecating, 'house-nigga' syndrome in educated Africans most of all. Dammit man, it is unsurprising that Ngugi wa Thiongo, Okoth Bitok, Francis Imbuga, JeanMarie Seroney and their generatiob of creative African intellectuals has not replicated in our present day African Educated. As a consequence Africa sometimes appears to be "marking time"!  That is neither in doubt nor conjecture. The most frustrating manifestation of a tortured prisoner falling in love with the jailor of the millennia is in Africa's educated elite who imagine emancipation to be a snake-like shedding of their African "skin". How else has the white continued his colonization of Africa fifty years after "granting us independence"? Ati "love / hate" syndrome with relationships with Mzungu manifesting African "Envy" of Bazungu? Should Africa just give up striving for a dignified existence for our people and just lay back enjoy the white man's century old rape and pillage of our people? Does it really make sense for an intelligent African to purvey the warped argument that an african child ought not aspire for the same things a British child has (things the British pillage from africa) ati because that manifests the african child's envy / inferiority of / over the British child? Ati wanting equipment for our national defence from the West at the same time proudly pronouncing our independence and dignity is a "envy" of the white man?! I have no gentle words to express my contempt for such notions and the Africans that perpetuate them.

Britain proposal to pay a few of the  survivors of British deliberate and official  Genocidal Imperial actions in Kenya (all in their Eighties and Nineties) £2800 riding on an insultingly and unintelligent, reluctant, 60years-late, unmistakably  insincere unspecific apology - as full closure to this sordid chapter of British History. Libya paid British citizens a whooping $10 million EACH! And this year the same jangling British paid a libyan victim of rendition a muthafeckin' cool £3.6 Million!! WHAT THE FECK?!

Flying Crane wrote:@ON some of the forummers are suffering from chronic inferiority complex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex . even if KE

@ ON,
With great respect,
At the onset, I would like to assume that you are on the offense in respect to a certain post somewhere above. I respectively take your gauntlet with civility...For starters, if I want something from Mr. X, I go get it at market price no favors...and if I cannot get it, I chuck the idea and go to Mr. Y who can offer alternatives. If I were to remain at the same shop and keep whingeing and grovelling about how the shopkeeper is unfair and untrustworthy, I  then become a robot "marking time", guilty of the sour grapes syndrome. Whoever told you that anyone who calls out inconsistency is self-deprecating? It is actually the very opposite of what you aver, because, one who dares to call out inconsistency and keep accountability alive in a rigid establishment like this (TEA) is no house-nigger ndugu yangu! How dare you talk about colonization???? As an officer in an army that has kept the Sandhurst and Westpoint traditions, marches like they do, follows the same nomenclature and insignia, still sends staff for top-notch training, even as we write has whole units and barracks set up during colonial times, how? When those fellows you denigrate here need something, THEY GO MAKE IT whatever it takes, when we need something, we import it, at the leisure of the technology owners!, and this is the great sticking point. Africa (and Ngugi and the other giants you named concur), has one tragic consequence as a legacy from the colonial era...a local neo-colonial elite who became the new bwana kubwas and memsaibs but lacked the vision. We are 50 years old now and still arguing about what? These are the scourge that has turned Africa into a continent of hoardes of starving and  sickly people; who but for their skin, could not be differentiated from the most acerbic colonialist and racists. It is a measure of Africa's tragedy that it takes the same mzungu to come and exploit resources that we have been sitting on for eons. Uncle Woo and Mr. Satwant only made strides when they started producing some of what  they needed. SA made strides when they were embargoed and the residual technological advancement is evident. My challenge to you is...Produce what we need by funding top-notch research, for we have the manpower and the military-industrial complex is as good a place to start as any. If for throwing this challenge to you and others of your level, I deserve to be called all the epithets above, then be my guest!

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next