THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

+31
mambotupu
mchoraji
timoh
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
proud kenyan
Mkenya
The Blue
MOOZALENDO
edmuiru
Uzi
Balozi
gash
aggressor one
Kobooz
Sierra Kilo
Fabrizio
tempest
Interloper
Flying Crane
Batian
Kepler-Euler
mbs
countersniper
HokumA
jasiri
Ole Sidai
Spartan
mogen
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
35 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  HokumA Wed Apr 24 2013, 09:03

More love for the SU-35 http://www.businessinsider.com/sukhoi-su-35-competes-with-the-f-35-2013-4
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty For that guy called Nderitu the plane maker

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Apr 28 2013, 16:48

He has wasted so much money and his contraption can not lift itself off the ground. This contraption might have cost less and it flies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwpksY1Sj64

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  cylon Mon Apr 29 2013, 02:12

MOOZALENDO wrote:He has wasted so much money and his contraption can not lift itself off the ground. This contraption might have cost less and it flies!

Moozalendo

There was a kenyan guy from Nyeri in the 1970's that built a plane and flew it from his home to a nearby farm a few yards away he flew but his plane crashed and many people have forgotten about his story. The original wreckage of that plane is still in Nyeri..

Nderitu he is truly learning from his mistakes and he hasn't given up which is good if he can build a plane with his own hands that can take off and land won't that be an achievement. Same goes to the young man you built a helicopter in Kiambu...

That russian video you posted is just a Gryocopter where you buy a kit and assemble it they are very popular among people who like building building light helicopters and planes.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty A SUKHOI CRASHES IN YEMEN

Post  mchoraji Mon May 13 2013, 15:12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22508432#TWEET753682

A Su-22 crashed in sanaa earlier today.the yemenis pilots' prowess may come into question considering there was another jet that crashed in February this year
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue May 14 2013, 18:56

cylon wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:He has wasted so much money and his contraption can not lift itself off the ground. This contraption might have cost less and it flies!

Moozalendo

There was a kenyan guy from Nyeri in the 1970's that built a plane and flew it from his home to a nearby farm a few yards away he flew but his plane crashed and many people have forgotten about his story. The original wreckage of that plane is still in Nyeri..

Nderitu he is truly learning from his mistakes and he hasn't given up which is good if he can build a plane with his own hands that can take off and land won't that be an achievement. Same goes to the young man you built a helicopter in Kiambu...

That russian video you posted is just a Gryocopter where you buy a kit and assemble it they are very popular among people who like building building light helicopters and planes.

Actually i think gyrocopters may be the solution to Kenya Police's observation problems. there'r some pretty good, reliable gyrocopters out there that the police can adapt to the operations. One autogyro cost 70 to 80,000 USD in the extreme and has an operation cost per hour of roughly 100 USD! Compare that to a AS 350 or a Bell 407 and it really saves the police tons of cash in operational costs. We can have the the choppers do heavier work like troop transport or long range surveillance lakini for these city patrols (traffic or otherwise) we can employ the Autogyros. http://www.auto-gyro.com/en/Calidus/ the German make some pretty practical autogyros. very good for securing conference sites too.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty AN F-15 CRASHED EARLY TODAY

Post  mchoraji Tue May 28 2013, 09:43

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/f-15-fighter-crashes-near-okinawa-us-officials-say
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty No Sale For MiGs

Post  Olekoima Wed May 29 2013, 18:10

Kwani what is it with the MiG 29? These chaps here have given it near zero marks. Seems demand for this bird is quite low. Have a look at this report:-
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htproc/articles/20130528.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed May 29 2013, 18:12

And finally, production of one of the most widely used birds comes to an end:-
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20130529.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Why Pilots Prefer The F-35

Post  Olekoima Thu Jul 11 2013, 08:42

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20130710.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Jul 11 2013, 10:32

Interesting, they say that the F-35 can out-clash any other fighter except the F-22 Raptor. Does it also mean it can out- clash the T-50 and the J-20?
Several countries among them UK, Italy, Netherlands,Australia, Canada, Norway,Denmark, Turkey, Israel, Singapore and Japan may eventually be operators of this fighter jet. Does this mean their air forces may be superior to those of Russia? Just wondering.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Fri Jul 12 2013, 23:12

Olekoima wrote:Interesting, they say that the F-35 can out-clash any other fighter except the F-22 Raptor. Does it also mean it can out- clash the T-50 and the J-20?
Several countries among them UK, Italy, Netherlands,Australia, Canada, Norway,Denmark, Turkey, Israel, Singapore and Japan may eventually be operators of this fighter jet. Does this mean their air forces may be superior to those of Russia? Just wondering.

Every asset is a cog in a machine. Vera, Kucholga, Tamara, DLW002, etc, upgaraded and digitised cold-war era radars, jammers and other bi-static systems in a co-ordinated netcentric defensive war, ... ... even datalinked Flankers co-ordinating their searching and locating ... IRST ... I believe stealth per se and it has been for the past decade in not invincible.

My understanding of physics and stealth say, now that everybody knows its out there, it will be good to have it but a capable THINKING enemy with resources can deal with it. What is said here http://eurofighter.com/magazin/eurofighter_world_06_13/#/25/zoomed for the EF-2000 applies to the rest of the 4th gen fighters

Eurofighter World 2013/02 wrote:

But there is also another aspect in that the success of stealth or low-observable platforms  since the F-117’s combat debut  has spurred anti-stealth radar and detection technology by both friendly and not-so friendly powers. Bi-static passive detection methods threaten to erode the edge of stealth aircraft and their unique advantage.

Put simply, while any new fighter now will be designed with LO features built-in, the coming proliferation of antistealth
technology will reduce the gap between a stealth aircraft and a non-stealth aircraft with a good jammer and EW systems.

This means Typhoon, with its advanced DASS (Defensive Aid Sub System), towed decoys and supersonic manoeuvrability will remain effective even into the poststealth era.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Jul 13 2013, 15:51

Olekoima wrote:Interesting, they say that the F-35 can out-clash any other fighter except the F-22 Raptor. Does it also mean it can out- clash the T-50 and the J-20?

The statement that the F-35 JSF (Joint Strike Fighter) can out-clash any fighter, taken on a technicality, is true. It assumes that the SU-35A is not yet in service (also technically true because the Russians are getting their first batch of 48 next year). However, it displayed some super maneuverability at the Paris Air Show a month ago that would put the F-22, F-35 and J-20 to shame.

When I want to evaluate a fighter aircraft, I usually visit www.ausairpower.net. The Australians are unbiased, have relied on western weapons for decades and have ordered the F-35.They did a thorough evaluation of the F-22, SU-35, F-35 and J-20. Read for yourselves, but for those not well disposed with technical details, an American F-35 test pilot took the SU-35 for a spin, and the results are here.

However, the Americans have dubbed the F-35 'the last manned fighter aircraft', and those who follow the military aviation industry will have realised that an unmanned drone was successfully landed on an aircraft carrier this week. Secondly, one stealth fighter like the F-22 costs around $300m, which can buy around five SU-35s (which is said to have some limited stealth capabilities of its own).

That leaves it down to economics whoever produces the most will take the day.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 18 2013, 07:54

The Cameroonian Airforce has taken delivery of the CN-235 Transport Aircraft.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 GetAsset

This bird is a good replacement for our DHC-5s or even the more advanced CN-295.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Jul 18 2013, 19:03

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:The Cameroonian Airforce has taken delivery of the CN-235 Transport Aircraft.

This bird is a good replacement for our DHC-5s or even the more advanced CN-295.
i don't know if this is in any way significant but i've b
 seen seeing a 295 doing lazy circuits over Mombasa Int...could be a hint maybe or maybe im just overthinking.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jul 18 2013, 22:39

jasiri wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:The Cameroonian Airforce has taken delivery of the CN-235 Transport Aircraft.

i don't know if this is in any way significant but i've b
 seen seeing a 295 doing lazy circuits over Mombasa Int...could be a hint maybe or maybe im just overthinking.

If you can snatch-off a photo of that alleged CN-295 bird, share with us. This one might be a better Buffalo-successor more than the CN-235, if it happens we are going for it.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty An F-22 Brought Down By A Hot Wire

Post  Olekoima Tue Aug 20 2013, 17:35

August 20, 2013: The U.S. Air Force recently released the accident report for an F-22 that crashed last November during a training flight in Florida. The cause of that accident turned out to be a high power electrical wire that was worn and in contact with a hydraulic line.

Wire? How strange.....

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20130820.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty ATD-X Shin Shin

Post  jasiri Tue Aug 27 2013, 13:35

So the Japs too are going stealth. Curious thing about this craft it shows remarkable influence from the F-15.
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 2007120602
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 800px-ATD-X_model_2
Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 060312_Mitsubishi_ATD_X1_01
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Wed Aug 28 2013, 15:10

Hi Guys

I have followed the posts here with interest. Much Thanks to all contributors.

I am not a uniform but I am interested in tech and intrigue especially regional dynamics.

Came across this video in the course of my studies and thought some of you might enjoy it...

Hopefully spark some discussion...I especially would like to know why one jet just seems to break apart

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 <a href=
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Video embedded

Post  GreyArea Thu Sep 05 2013, 14:32

Nothing like learning how to do something yourself...Very Happy 

I realised most of you must have looked at my previous post and said siwes-click Suspect 

Dont blame you...hoping for some replies now
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Fri Sep 06 2013, 06:27

GreyArea wrote:Nothing like learning how to do something yourself...Very Happy 

I realised most of you must have looked at my previous post and said siwes-click Suspect 

Dont blame you...hoping for some replies now
boyz are back give them a week you will get you reply ...word of advice introduce your self formally before the duty  office Crane pops around....you don,t want to be on his bad side.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Fri Sep 06 2013, 10:58

Ahsante Balozi

I'm not sure how to formally introduce myself other than say I have been reading posts here with interest and with no expertise to add, I have kept in the background.

I came across the video in an engineering study on motion and G-forces and I thought I would post it here and gain some insight from an expert point of view.

I am Kenyan as attested by my avatar and old enough to have seen Jomo with my own eyes Smile

I also have family in uniform so much respect to all.

Thats my 10 cents
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Sep 15 2013, 21:39

@Greyman welcome on-board. most of the aircraft in your clip are experiencing stall simple grammar....when an aircraft is not fast enough to pull itself against gravity , the aircraft becomes uncontrollable and falls like a leaf.
you would think about adding more power??? no no its a natural instinct but aggravates the situation. the only remedy comes when you have height ie plently time to control it. in the clip the aircrafts are flying low and that's  a risk that comes with low flying. the low speed , low altitude was obvious as the pilots were trying to impress spectator "potential" customers
if they had enough altitude they would recover from the fall and  stabilize into position.  that's the first thing a rookie learns. getting his plane out of stall spin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTKFLTWJ28

interesting clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6hkRq4NRns
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16 2013, 04:44

GreyArea wrote:Hi Guys

I have followed the posts here with interest. Much Thanks to all contributors.

I am not a uniform but I am interested in tech and intrigue especially regional dynamics.

Came across this video in the course of my studies and thought some of you might enjoy it...

Hopefully spark some discussion...I especially would like to know why one jet just seems to break apart

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 <a href=
IMHO the break-up of the 117 might be some kind of structural failure/ stress from the loads produced in the turn, and the mig 29 seems to have a compressor stall.

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Mon Sep 16 2013, 14:32

Thanks guys for the response

@Risasi the manouvers from the first video would result with my breakfast in my laps Shocked ...I will leave that to the experts.

The video I posted was more about the ejection mechanisms and was part of a course I took but I was intrigued by the stealth(?) fighter that seemed to come apart and as @Deconstructor suggests seems to suffer some structural failure.

I am assuming that this is what you guys mean when you talk about unservicable air frames? When the frame has been adjudged to not be capable of withstanding the stresses due to flight...and these show organisers thought they could squeeze one more flight out of her.

I am currently (ngumbaru) studying  fracture mechanics and stress driven cracks in metals and alloys. Does the Military have their own engineers who make these assessments or do they rely on external consultants and contractors? I would assume they (Military) would want to keep such info close to their chests
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Russian fighter jets don't last long?

Post  Olekoima Sat Sep 21 2013, 10:45

This is interesting, read on:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20130919.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Sat Sep 21 2013, 14:49

GreyArea wrote:

I am currently (ngumbaru) studying  fracture mechanics and stress driven cracks in metals and alloys. Does the Military have their own engineers who make these assessments or do they rely on external consultants and contractors? I would assume they (Military) would want to keep such info close to their chests
I would think they do these thing internally. After so many hours of flying they would check the plane for cracks/fatigue as part of the schedule. See

I understand NDT is an good area at the moment for aircraft maintenance with high chances of employment.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 13 Empty Empty F-16 jet tested by Boeing and US Air Force (HD)

Post  Olekoima Wed Sep 25 2013, 13:16

Amazing, your take on this guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNNAKGQd8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Wed Sep 25 2013, 13:49

Cheers guys @Tempest and @Olekoima very useful info.

Would have posted earlier but recent events have had us all held hostage.
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Oct 04 2013, 12:39

Very interesting, many countries are becoming increasingly reluctant to buy newer advanced fighter planes opting instead to upgrade existing ones. This is because of increasing procurement and maintenance costs visa viz reduced defense budgets:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htproc/articles/20131003.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Oct 04 2013, 12:40

Read this also:-
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20131004.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next