THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

+31
mambotupu
mchoraji
timoh
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
proud kenyan
Mkenya
The Blue
MOOZALENDO
edmuiru
Uzi
Balozi
gash
aggressor one
Kobooz
Sierra Kilo
Fabrizio
tempest
Interloper
Flying Crane
Batian
Kepler-Euler
mbs
countersniper
HokumA
jasiri
Ole Sidai
Spartan
mogen
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
35 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  cylon Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:05

Vitruvian wrote:
cylon wrote:Risasi, Ole, Jasiri

You know that kenyan guy Gabriel Nderitu who is building his plane, how come the KAF has never called him up to come test his craft at Moi Airbase i mean the guy has serious potential for Kenya's drone field. A few months back he made a microlight radio control craft that almost took off but was considerably heavy since he had a heavy engine on board( didn't give out enough power) The metals he used were too heavy, and his landing gear was very crude. All of these things can be fixed if he had some experienced technicians at the KAF to help him out a bit and let his dream begin. He could be very useful to the KDF-AF you guys take his design improve it with Kevlar carbon fiber body to make the plane light, increase engine power and decrease the noise, muffle the propeller system to make it more stealthy, add in advanced camera's and flight systems, and we have a drone...
Seems to me you've answered your own question.

How? what personal expertise did i give mr. Nedritu??? i highlighted the blog some examples that would be done to improve his design an possibly be contracted by the KDF-AF to make drones, My original question was why doesn't he get called up to test his plane at Moi Airbase in Eastleigh... Then things can move on from there

The first Kenyan to ever fly a homemade plane was Morris Gachamba from Nyeri in the 1970's he took off from a single-seater plane and flew in the air for a 10 minutes before he crashed landed on a neighbors farm( the plane is still in Nyeri rusting away when t should be a museum piece) because the engine over-heated if he had received governmental support kenya would long ahead in the manufacturing/ development of planes in east and central africa. Mr. Gachamba is now a old man living in Nyeri and people long forgotten of his adventurous tale( Media houses that visit this blog do a story on the fellow). Lets not let another young man's ambition go to waste
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Empty Re: Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets

Post  Uzi Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:20

You know that kenyan guy Gabriel Nderitu who is building his plane, how come the KAF has never called him up to come test his craft at Moi Airbase i mean the guy has serious potential for Kenya's drone field. A few months back he made a microlight radio control craft that almost took off but was considerably heavy since he had a heavy engine on board( didn't give out enough power) The metals he used were too heavy, and his landing gear was very crude. All of these things can be fixed if he had some experienced technicians at the KAF to help him out a bit and let his dream begin. He could be very useful to the KDF-AF you guys take his design improve it with Kevlar carbon fiber body to make the plane light, increase engine power and decrease the noise, muffle the propeller system to make it more stealthy, add in advanced camera's and flight systems, and we have a drone

Whereas Nderitu's innovations are impressive, his research is way back. Its logical to reverse engineer the existing ones or put money into improvement research.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Oct 13 2012, 21:40

Uzi wrote:
You know that kenyan guy Gabriel Nderitu who is building his plane, how come the KAF has never called him up to come test his craft at Moi Airbase i mean the guy has serious potential for Kenya's drone field. A few months back he made a microlight radio control craft that almost took off but was considerably heavy since he had a heavy engine on board( didn't give out enough power) The metals he used were too heavy, and his landing gear was very crude. All of these things can be fixed if he had some experienced technicians at the KAF to help him out a bit and let his dream begin. He could be very useful to the KDF-AF you guys take his design improve it with Kevlar carbon fiber body to make the plane light, increase engine power and decrease the noise, muffle the propeller system to make it more stealthy, add in advanced camera's and flight systems, and we have a drone

Whereas Nderitu's innovations are impressive, his research is way back. Its logical to reverse engineer the existing ones or put money into improvement research.

Who will give you a drone to reverse engineer?? I already gave examples on how we can make our own by improving Nderitu's designs and actually giving him a chance to start a company... I mean look at SouthAfrica and Nigeria who are pumping money on local businesses to build homemade drones and satellites. What is holding kenya back???
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Oct 13 2012, 23:36

gash wrote:could someone help me to come up with the difference between j17 and j10 if there is any difference.i would prefer for kaf to go f15 way.this bird have had very good air dominance.affraid

Are you referring to the difference between the FC-1 vs JF-17 or the FC-1 vs J-20?
FC-1 fighter platform/structure. Can be configured to what the clients wants.
JF-17 an enhanced F-16.
J-10 woos improvised F-16
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Oct 14 2012, 00:06

The unstable middle east.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WozbAneBJ0

http://english.sina.com/world/2012/1011/515376.html
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:01

Risasi wrote:The unstable middle east.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WozbAneBJ0

http://english.sina.com/world/2012/1011/515376.html
they theTurks are becoming the west poodle in this mess.
they only found spares parts for radar equipment in the cargo .
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sun Oct 14 2012, 09:32

cylon wrote:
Uzi wrote:

Who will give you a drone to reverse engineer?? I already gave examples on how we can make our own by improving Nderitu's designs and actually giving him a chance to start a company... I mean look at SouthAfrica and Nigeria who are pumping money on local businesses to build homemade drones and satellites. What is holding kenya back???

Respectively, i get ur point but what am saying in a nutshell is that too much money has been spent on research by other countries. Its logical to study their blueprints and improve on them as opposed to putting money on a craft that has wheels up problems let alone acquiring spying, attack, stealth capabilities.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:29

Kobooz wrote:The need to know.
What is the difference between a fighter pilot & a fighter bomber? is one considered superior? which one? some bits on their distinguishing roles would helo enlight.

The question is at which front, on land or where exactly because both Fighter pilot and fighter bombers have their advantages? So superiority here largely depends whether a fighter bomber is trying to reach stationery ground targets or as an anti-dockyard patrol aircrafts offering support to coastline forces. Warfare has evolved with time and so have the roles of these aircrafts which carry bombs and torpedoes. Factoring in considerations of speed and weight renders them not worth to arduously effectively reach ground attacks. Ultimately fighter pilot's role is superior to that of a fighter bomber simple reason; strategic bombers have difficulty trying to accurately reach stationary targets especially when firing back.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Oct 16 2012, 06:55

Dam this guy defied one supposable Nektons law of motion.Question Question Scientists need to re-think and recalculation now.scratch
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Empty F-22 Rival Revised

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 23 2012, 18:46

Interesting, read on:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20121023.aspx

Looks like the F-22 will be facing stiff competition soon, by the way did they manage to fix all the flaws they had? They have until 2019 by which time an export rival will be available in the market, thanks to the Russians.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:55

The F-22 Raptor:

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 300px-Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_JSOH

Vs

The T-50 (PAK-FA )

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 300px-Sukhoi_T-50_in_2011_%284%29

The Americans wont export theirs while the Russians are ready to do so. The Chinese are also weighing in with their J-20( below ). Interesting times a head.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 2Q==
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Nov 02 2012, 13:49

Laikipia air base is now the largest air force base in east and central Africa.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  edmuiru Fri Nov 02 2012, 14:00

Risasi wrote:Laikipia air base is now the largest air force base in east and central Africa.

@Risasi. What are you not saying? (leaving to imagination?)

edmuiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Nov 02 2012, 14:25

Risasi wrote:Laikipia air base is now the largest air force base in east and central Africa.

Risasi throw some tidbit tafadhali
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Fri Nov 02 2012, 14:54

I guess LAB is now the largest airbase in terms of fixed and movable(airborne) assets?! on matters East
http://news.yahoo.com/photos-show-second-china-stealth-fighter-prototype-143758259--finance.html

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:56

They sure took their time. I hope the craftsmanship at the end was worth the time. All in All, Very Very good news. At least 2 Air Bases that are now all-weather night capable airfields.
INO, for the J 20 doubters..i think we need to realise that the engines on the prototype are just for testing and would not make it into the production bird. The Wu Shang WS-10A engine is under powered for a bird of such role. Internet udaku from Chinese military blogs suggest Woo is developing an indegineous WS-15 turbofan engine with a 'rated' thrust of 18 tons (versus the F-22's 15.6 tons! Risasi please clarify). Clearly the Chinese are power hungry and in aerial maneuverability thrust is everything. Let's hope things go well for Woo, who knows in future we may retro fit our Eagles with Chinese engines. However it is interesting to see the American approach the Chinese are taking. The have a developed a lower tier J-31 to play side kick to the J-20. It was rumoured to be a competing design from Shenyang. When it lost out Woo decided to develop it into an F-35 type second fiddle fighter. Lakini if you compare its size to the J-20 you wonder how it was ever put in the same league. To me it looks perfect for the Navy, that size neatly fits into a commanders idea of an ideal aircraft in a carrier where space is at a premium. Interesting times in the East China Sea, i just hope it is a naval variant.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Nov 02 2012, 17:12

Wa Swahili walisema “ kabla ya kujenga misikiti kwanza tueneze imani” in ENG. “before building mosques first educate people on the religion”.
LAB structural expansion is one of the several steps towards KDF AF modernization. The AB can now encompass most activities that would be expected in today,s Military AB's. Plus you don,t want us to bring in new asset and have them stay at JKIA for routine maintenance? Kwa ufupi kiwanya kiko tayari.
We all know the cost of maintain prevailing peace is very expensive..

@jas that maneno ya new j-10 engine I haven,t got hold on it. I will get back to it.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:05

Pilot of F117 Stealth Bomber shot down over Serbia in 1999 has struck up a remarkable friendship with the man who shot him down. Funny how things turn up sometimes.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Empty How credible is this website?

Post  MOOZALENDO Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:50

Website with ejection stats for planes since the 50's. I wonder how reliable it is?

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/PROJECT/year_table.htm

Kweli training people is costly!

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Nov 06 2012, 15:04

Spartan wrote:Pilot of F117 Stealth Bomber shot down over Serbia in 1999 has struck up a remarkable friendship with the man who shot him down. Funny how things turn up sometimes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20209770

Yes, an amazing world we live in. The Serbian ex-SAM operator who retired to run a bakery has previously been invited to the US but keeps declining. The American pilot has been to Serbia multiple times. It appears their meeting is now a yearly affair. The downedF117 stealth fighter's parts were apparently collected by the Russians who used them to improve their SAMs technology. Dani refused to admit in the two men's first encounter.

Last edited by mogen on Thu Nov 08 2012, 09:00; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Empty A NOISY BIRD OVER NAIROBI

Post  The Blue Thu Nov 08 2012, 08:50

There has been a rather noisy bird that has been doing the rounds over Nairobi skies the whole of jana, a white prop-plane with a T-tail and an interesting canard design….very fast and agile for what is built like and executive private jet, maybe faster than Risasi’s Tukano and noisy but I do not know if it was operating out of MAB or Wilson, but it was a lovely bird…anyone taken photos?

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Nov 08 2012, 09:46

On this forum http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/air-force/new-jf-17-fc-1-fighter-aircraft-thread-5634.html a couple of respectable forumites make some interesting points we tend to miss in support of the FC-1

Here is a big shrimp saying why the JF-17 beats you early model F-16,
"As for the F16, well which parallel dimension did you come from where F16s had BVR, precision strike, HMS/off-broadside missiles, glass cockpit, stand-off anti-ship capability, SEAD/DEAD capability with ARMs etc in the 1970s? Only the latest F16 blk 52 and above are meaningfully better than the JF17, and the Thunder is competitive against all earlier F16s, including the vast majority still flown by the USAF and NATO allies."
And another shrimp supports him saying,
"To be fair, JF-17's closest peer was probably the F-20 tigershark (not the F-5 obviously) -- which in turn was a competitor with the F-16. Obviously JF-17 fields current generation avionics and has a more diverse weapons selection than the F-20 did (I believe it could only carry maverick as PGMs?). Other potential peers are Taiwan's Chingkuo fighters and the vanilla gripen. JF-17, chingkuo, gripen and F-20 are in a slightly lower weight class compared to F-16.... In effect, JF-17 will be a slightly smaller F-16 block 52, offering similar A2A and A2G capability, but with less MTOW."
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Nov 08 2012, 09:50

mogen wrote:
Spartan wrote:Pilot of F117 Stealth Bomber shot down over Serbia in 1999 has struck up a remarkable friendship with the man who shot him down. Funny how things turn up sometimes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20209770

Yes, an amazing world we live in. The Serbian ex-SAM operator who retired to run a bakery has previously been invited to the US but keeps declining. The American pilot has been to Serbia multiple times. It appears their meeting is now a yearly affair. The downedF117 stealth fighter's parts were apparently collected by the Russians who used them to improve their SAMs technology. Dani refused to admit in the two men's first encounter.

A few months ago the US formally awarded contracts to companies to develop anti-stealth airborne radar technology. They are looking at the bi-static solution. ... ... So after year of telling everybody stelth tech is unbeatable, now that the Chinese and Russians have developed it, they have decided to stop the mis-information.
tempest
tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Nov 09 2012, 10:45

Looks like Sudan is shopping around for a radar evading option in its airforce to strike back at Israel. Quoting Al Bashir;
DN wrote:To prevent another attack Sudan has two choices, he said. One is to normalise relations with Israel, which he vowed would never happen.

"The second choice is to have a technology that allows us to do an identical attack against Israel. I cannot say this is impossible. We are trying to have this technology."

I think Al Bashir was playing to the gallery. The Israelis most likely knew the strength and type of Sudan's radar system and came with something powerful enough to blind it 10 times over. What does Sudan hope to use to counter Isreal's integrated X-Band, Green Pine and Iron dome systems?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Nov 09 2012, 16:38

Spartan wrote:Looks like Sudan is shopping around for a radar evading option in its airforce to strike back at Israel. Quoting Al Bashir;
DN wrote:To prevent another attack Sudan has two choices, he said. One is to normalise relations with Israel, which he vowed would never happen.

"The second choice is to have a technology that allows us to do an identical attack against Israel. I cannot say this is impossible. We are trying to have this technology."

I think Al Bashir was playing to the gallery. The Israelis most likely knew the strength and type of Sudan's radar system and came with something powerful enough to blind it 10 times over. What does Sudan hope to use to counter Isreal's integrated X-Band, Green Pine and Iron dome systems?

Let alone Jamming Israel's eyes, does he have re-fueling capabilities? or will he rely on friendly states for re-fueling? This guy has enough problems already instead of threatening Israel he should cut ties with the Ayatollahs. Why continue receiving blows on their behalf anyway?.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Nov 09 2012, 19:05

@mogen its ref: F-117 ordeal
all in a days work hahhah….. “I was just doing my job you know” goes the saying. I remember an interesting episode between a USN spy plane vs Chinese intercept pilots. The interceptor pilots would harass the USN plane by flying along its flight path at sonic speeds causing high turbulences and uncomfortable rides for the USN spy asset hence disturbing the espionage mission. The interesting part is the pilots and crew from both sides exchange email address by writing it on large pieces of paper and showing them on the windows. Upon retuning to their respective bases the crews chatted,emailed each and laugh about it. all in a days work. The incident went out of hand leading to a collusion and the crash of the USN spy plane.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident#Cause_of_collision

@tempest ref: fc-1

the big idea was, the Pakistan AF wanted an aircraft that could take care of the F-16 Handicaps. The only way out was to buy the latest block of F-16 which US wasn,t going to sell or buy Russian MiG or Su which India (arch rival ) had elaborate details on. Paki and China forged a deal which involve submitting the performance and the short comes of the F-16 in order for china to build a new jet fighter which Paki would benfit from and china would sell as a formidable fighter. thats how FC-1 got better than the f-16.

@spartan ref: sudan AA radar
waste of tax cash Me say. Israel can jam and bypass what ever radar is available on the market today for “export”

@tempest ref anti-stealth radar
It’s a cat and mouse game like the computer anti virus and virus making geeks.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Nov 09 2012, 20:43

Risasi wrote:@spartan ref: sudan AA radar
waste of tax cash Me say. Israel can jam and bypass what ever radar is available on the market today for “export”

Glad you mentioned "For Export" in quotes. Have always wondered, if what you are exporting is the same as what your forces are using, why the "For Export" caption? I guessed it wasn't for taxation purposes!%!. Get a feeling we are being shafted left, right and center. And until we get the technical expertise, like the Chinese and Indians, to evaluate and know that the product works as advertised, we're getting raw deals (some, if not most, of the time).

That also explains the "E" after many models of military equipment available to Third World countries. Man!!
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Fri Nov 09 2012, 23:42

Risasi wrote: ... ...

the big idea was, the Pakistan AF wanted an aircraft that could take care of the F-16 Handicaps. The only way out was to buy the latest block of F-16 which US wasn,t going to sell or buy Russian MiG or Su which India (arch rival ) had elaborate details on. Paki and China forged a deal which involve submitting the performance and the short comes of the F-16 in order for china to build a new jet fighter which Paki would benfit from and china would sell as a formidable fighter. thats how FC-1 got better than the f-16. ... ...

Thanks Risasi. they seem to have done well and are making great strides putting weapons on it too. Below are Brazilian ARM missiles MAR-1 presented at IDEAS2012 and the CM-400AKG missiles poster at Zhuhai 2012 which PAF publicised last year.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Cn4Bn

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 CP0TZ
tempest
tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Nov 13 2012, 20:40

Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:@spartan ref: sudan AA radar

Glad you mentioned "For Export" in quotes. Have always wondered, if what you are exporting is the same as what your forces are using, why the "For Export" caption? I guessed it wasn't for taxation purposes!%!. Get a feeling we are being shafted left, right and center. And until we get the technical expertise, like the Chinese and Indians, to evaluate and know that the product works as advertised, we're getting raw deals (some, if not most, of the time).

That also explains the "E" after many models of military equipment available to Third World countries. Man!!

@Spartan
Ya the superpowers rip us off man. During the cold war they had dedicate asset for their region allies and spheres of influence the F-5, F-16 and Su-25,Mig-21 which were sold with out compromising state of art avionics meant for frontline defense assets. Now that the cold war is over and the production lines still have to run yet its not economical to manufacture state for art asset for domestic use, similar version and shaped asset are up for sell but at a low specification the “Export version”. The guys are just ripping use off.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Nov 13 2012, 20:41

tempest wrote:
Risasi wrote: ... ...

the big idea was, the Pakistan AF wanted an aircraft that could take care of the F-16 Handicaps. The only way out was to buy the latest block of F-16 which US wasn,t going to sell or buy Russian MiG or Su which India (arch rival ) had elaborate details on. Paki and China forged a deal which involve submitting the performance and the short comes of the F-16 in order for china to build a new jet fighter which Paki would benfit from and china would sell as a formidable fighter. thats how FC-1 got better than the f-16. ... ...

Thanks Risasi. they seem to have done well and are making great strides putting weapons on it too. Below are Brazilian ARM missiles MAR-1 presented at IDEAS2012 and the CM-400AKG missiles poster at Zhuhai 2012 which PAF publicised last year.

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 Cn4Bn

Air Superiority Stealth Fighter Jets - Page 8 CP0TZ

is it a darling?? Very Happy:D
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next