THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+20
Kobooz
one man army
countersniper
Mbaine
vince
Sierra Kilo
areba
georiise
MWAURA
Spartan
Technician
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Flying Crane
Balozi
Sisal Makonge
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Admin
24 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 25 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08 2011, 17:49

Vitruvian wrote:
Incidentally, I get the message (but am uncowed). Or is it just the first crack in the facade of this surreptitious forum?

I am certain the intellectual content of this ''site'' manifest rigidity to make contrasting opinions without a fall-out. It is just that siasa za Kenya is intimidating to the Uniformed - would need a satnav gps, that is. Pls remember the Military is not amorphously one-faced - tis a living complex organism probably more so than the constantly mutating Political class.

The following has nothing to do with this post. My young son, sitting on my lap, insists on sending all you folks some smilies. How can I say no?

Soldier in the making, that young fella, Vitruvian! I am drumming him at exactly 18Years!! My greetings to him too.
lol! farao affraid afro bounce jocolor Basketball Sleep cyclops Arrow Cool Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Oct 08 2011, 21:07

Risasi wrote:
Those are brilliant ideas, but the current administration ya wizara ambayo ina husika na ulinzi . Minister of State for Defence ina ogozwa na watu wenye credentials gani? The former was a daktari wa mifugo Murungaru. he eventially lead the force into the anglo leasing saga because hata kama wataka kula, he was not Passionate about what the force was to be equiped with. Na jee aliyoko sasa stakabadi zake kulingana na secta ya ulinzi nini? They could be good personalities but if they are not versatile in that field then we will not realize the best out of the armed forces. appointment za office hii ni za umuhimu na wako personalities wenye ujuzi zaidi that can be nominated to assist the gov,t in formulating defense policies . that was what I meant to say.

Very bold statements from you Risasi!Shocked However i think that underlines the disquiet and discomfort amongst our forces. Haina maana kabisa kufadhili maafunzo kwa wanajeshi wetu, kuwa ongeza ujuzi alfau kuwanyima nafasi ya kutekeleza jukumu lao kama walivyo funzwa. Kupitia sisa zetu za sifa tuna hujumu ulinzi wa chi yetu!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Oct 08 2011, 21:10

Vituvian patia the new Kenyan jambo zangu pia
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Oct 11 2011, 03:25

Ok men let's get bulky. Kwanza i think i finally figured the truth behind the Faina 72's When Kenya awarded the TCV contract to sinotruck steyr it emerged that the best in the competition was actually Renault so to compensate in a make-me-feel-god kinda way, Renault was awarded a contract to supply Heavy vehicles to transport tanks. Still vaugue? here's where i thik i finally got it, the Macks are still operational and haven't been decomissioned from service. we have aprox 78 Vickers give an attrition of around 15 that gives us 63 transportable tanks. For reanult to come all the way from France and to actually be satisfied with the side deal it means they had to supply a big number of tractor traillers. This to me proves that the T-72's are ours coz Renault was awarded this contract before the Faina Saga broke out. hehehe colonel i take back what i said in Kenya imagine (rem 2007? case against military draft?)

With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Oct 11 2011, 09:15

I doesn’t Vituvian talk Swahili . or do you Vituvian?

@jasiri the TYPE99 are due??? haven,t come across that info.

seperate note; Intel has it that stolen Libya MANPADS are heading for Al Shaabab. Keep ears on the ground guys.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 10:01

@Mjeshi mmoja - nami nimeishi ng'ambo (Ulaya) muda mrefu sana (tangu 1980s). Nchini huu sina nafasi ya kuzungumuza ama kutumiya Kiswahili. Tena kazi yangu ni kutafsiri maandiko na vitabu katika lugha ya Kiingereza. Ndio sababu nastahabu kutumia Kiingereza. Samahani please.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 12:05

Vitruvian wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja - nami nimeishi ng'ambo (Ulaya) muda mrefu sana (tangu 1980s). Nchini huu sina nafasi ya kuzungumuza ama kutumiya Kiswahili. Tena kazi yangu ni kutafsiri maandiko na vitabu katika lugha ya Kiingereza. Ndio sababu nastahabu kutumia Kiingereza. Samahani please.

Now. that is a mouthful, Vitruvian! Jaws must be in acute pains Laughing ! Hehehe!!
But Mjeshi will forgive you, I am certain Very Happy !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 13:40

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja - nami nimeishi ng'ambo (Ulaya) muda mrefu sana (tangu 1980s). Nchini huu sina nafasi ya kuzungumuza ama kutumiya Kiswahili. Tena kazi yangu ni kutafsiri maandiko na vitabu katika lugha ya Kiingereza. Ndio sababu nastahabu kutumia Kiingereza. Samahani please.

Now. that is a mouthful, Vitruvian! Jaws must be in acute pains Laughing ! Hehehe!!
But Mjeshi will forgive you, I am certain Very Happy !!

No longer up-to-date with contemporary Swa, Tom, fluency has been going down the drain for 2 decades plus. 2 other Kenyans in this place, none from Tz as far as I know and the only Ugandan is struggling with English already. There was a Congolese, but that's another matter altogether. Not 100 Africans in total. This place is tiny. Smaller than Nairobi.
So yeah, I'm having my jaw repositioned this afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 11 2011, 14:46

jasiri wrote:Ok men let's get bulky. Kwanza i think i finally figured the truth behind the Faina 72's When Kenya awarded the TCV contract to sinotruck steyr it emerged that the best in the competition was actually Renault so to compensate in a make-me-feel-god kinda way, Renault was awarded a contract to supply Heavy vehicles to transport tanks. Still vaugue? here's where i thik i finally got it, the Macks are still operational and haven't been decomissioned from service. we have aprox 78 Vickers give an attrition of around 15 that gives us 63 transportable tanks. For reanult to come all the way from France and to actually be satisfied with the side deal it means they had to supply a big number of tractor traillers. This to me proves that the T-72's are ours coz Renault was awarded this contract before the Faina Saga broke out. hehehe colonel i take back what i said in Kenya imagine (rem 2007? case against military draft?)

With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?

Hey clarify. The Vickers are approx. 45 tons each while the T-72s are slightly lighter at 40 tons each.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 18:49

With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?[/quote]

Hey clarify. The Vickers are approx. 45 tons each while the T-72s are slightly lighter at 40 tons each.[/quote]

@ Jas - you, little bra, need to quick-change professions and dang soon too, and I know just where....

@Olekoima - any MBT over 45 tons will pretty soon be unmarketable. I haven't had any whiff of the Type 99 that is credible! Moreover, the physical infrastructure for fighting an large-scale Armored engagement in this part of the world cannot support these monsters at all - hell, even the aggressive deployment of those Sudanese T-72 MBTs anywhere near the Illemi Triangle is virtually impossible presently.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 18:50

With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?[/quote]

Hey clarify. The Vickers are approx. 45 tons each while the T-72s are slightly lighter at 40 tons each.

@ Jas - you, little bra, need to quick-change professions and dang soon too, and I know just where....

@Olekoima - any MBT over 45 tons will pretty soon be unmarketable. I haven't had any whiff of the Type 99 that is credible! Moreover, the physical infrastructure for fighting an large-scale Armored engagement in this part of the world cannot support these monsters at all - hell, even the aggressive deployment of those Sudanese T-72 MBTs anywhere near the Illemi Triangle is virtually impossible presently.
[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 18:53

ole Nkarei wrote:With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?

@Olekoima - MBTs over 45 tons will pretty soon be unmarketable. I haven't had any whiff of the Type 99 that is credible! Moreover, the physical infrastructure for fighting an large-scale Armored engagement in this part of the world cannot support these monsters at all - hell, even the aggressive deployment of those Sudanese T-72 MBTs anywhere near the Illemi Triangle is virtually impossible presently.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:12

jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Now on a different note. I have been wondering loudly why the naval officers who were tasked to pursue the pirates after abducting a tourist recently had to do so in a fishing boat which incidentally they had to borrow. Where were the naval boats including the 6 speedboats received from the US in 2006? Wasn't it risking the lives of officers to use a fishing boat which cannot manhouver? Indeed 2 officers are still missing and feared to have drowned. I believe it is time some equipments were moved from Mtongwe to Lamu especially in view of what is currently happening.

Picture this, our navy has 5 OPV's(Offshore patrol vessels). 3 of them are toothless, the other two that can bite are stationed outside Mombasa. Haya, then kuna these speed boats, shockingly apart from those Archangel death traps donated by the USG most of the others are either derelict or not in good shape to conduct their patrol duties. This is exactly here i have a problem with the navy. Seriously, close to half a decade of existence n they still can't live up to their commander's vision "To maintain a lean but highly professional Navy with the ability to operate at par with other world Navies". This will bring me back to the line we have argued over so many times of Kenya having an at least miniscule capacity for weapons manufacture.

When you look at the Kns Shujaa (P3130?) and it's sister you wonder why the hell can't we make a copy of it? More times than once, Navy boats have crossed the chanel for dry docking service at the African Marine and Engineering www.africanmarine.com. This indegineous kenyan company has excellent facilites so much so that one of our decomissioned ferries the MV Mvita was constructed here. Which begs the question, why can't the government take a leap of faith and give this guys a chance to prove their worth? the way i see it it's a win win. The gov't saves on hard currency, the MRC members get jobs and they forget their seccecionist ideas, the company get's more profit, KRA more tax and the country an indespensable propaganda tool. Why they don't do it is honestly beyond me.
I said as much on nipate,jasiri! We must start somewhere and IMO,the sooner the gov't licence builds corvettes and IPVs the better. Africanmarine already have a functional 180 m dry dock. Ideally the gov't would enter into a joint equity arrangement with them and hire the consultants of the companies' boats they want to build.
Like you,I find this situation embarrassing! Relying on unstable cast off US made motor boats,the pain of poverty.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:59

MWAURA wrote:I said as much on nipate,jasiri! We must start somewhere and IMO,the sooner the gov't licence builds corvettes and IPVs the better. Africanmarine already have a functional 180 m dry dock. Ideally the gov't would enter into a joint equity arrangement with them and hire the consultants of the companies' boats they want to build.
Like you,I find this situation embarrassing! Relying on unstable cast off US made motor boats,the pain of poverty.

True, true, Mwaura. The Chinese walked this path a short while ago, and now they fly on cutting edge war-technology that flabbergast their erstwhile detractors. Remember those horrid 1980's Brit-generated jokes about the Japanese Nissan 120Y!

The Critical difference is that those were Chinese and Japanese firms - indigent and raw. African-marine is not indigent. In Kenya, the line between externally based
neo-colonialism and that which is internally founded has ever been very very hazy. I doubt you propose we take from Peter-1 to give to Peter-2, and not to Otieno altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Tue Oct 11 2011, 23:09

ole Nkarei wrote:
MWAURA wrote:I said as much on nipate,jasiri! We must start somewhere and IMO,the sooner the gov't licence builds corvettes and IPVs the better. Africanmarine already have a functional 180 m dry dock. Ideally the gov't would enter into a joint equity arrangement with them and hire the consultants of the companies' boats they want to build.

True, true, Mwaura. The Chinese walked this path a short while ago, and now they fly on cutting edge war-technology that flabbergast their erstwhile detractors. Remember those horrid 1980's Brit-generated jokes about the Japanese Nissan 120Y!

The Critical difference is that those were Chinese and Japanese firms - indigent and raw. African-marine is not indigent. In Kenya, the line between externally based
neo-colonialism and that which is internally founded has ever been very very hazy. I doubt you propose we take from Peter-1 to give to Peter-2, and not to Otieno altogether.
True,that's why I suggested at least 50% gov't stake,giving the entire venture an unmistakable local flavour. If there's a more efficient way of doing it,I'm open to suggestions. The point is this total lack of indigenous equipment manufacture capability is making itself felt at the Coast.
Ati,following terrorists on a fishing boat-a fcuking canoe!! Wacha tu,I'll only say I HOPE SOMEONE AT THE POLICY FORMULATION LEVEL CHECKS IN HERE OCCASIONALLY.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 06:53

MWAURA wrote:
.. If there's a more efficient way of doing it,I'm open to suggestions. ..

okay, that is positive, so here it is..do you know why the Numerical Machining Complex, the most modern and expansive in Africa including South Africa remains unfunded to this day? Or why the Brits and their Cousins have been jumping around like color-monkeys the past seven years? Certainly your world-view is expanded enough to join these dots, Mwaura!

The point is this total lack of indigenous equipment manufacture capability is making itself felt at the Coast.
Ati,following terrorists on a fishing boat-a fcuking canoe!!

...I sense you have served, bro. That statement is dis-ingenious - what are SpecOps then, in your military view? See my post refKenya Defence Force - Page 25 Empty ''ole Nkarei on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm''

Wacha tu,I'll only say I HOPE SOMEONE AT THE POLICY FORMULATION LEVEL CHECKS IN HERE OCCASIONALLY.

Cut us some slack, guys! Ease up with these Biblical censure-statements unless the ''revelations are godly'', if you forgive the pun!! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Oct 12 2011, 08:45

@Vitruvian; same aka Spider???? Welcome man. Your swa reminds me of Man Giddy’s statement into politics when he was inaugurated by his dad M “O” 1. he said “nita gombea umbunge wa Baringo ya “keti” (sitting) while he meant baringo ya kati.(central Baringo).Very Happy

@MWAURA the fish boat was an improvise situation. It went sour but had it not; we would have been talking of decorated chaps. sad story Crying or Very sad
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Wed Oct 12 2011, 09:09

Attention all stations! this is a Radio test from a new friendly, how do you read? Over!!
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Oct 12 2011, 09:37

Question
Sierra Kilo wrote:Attention all stations! this is a Radio test from a new friendly, how do you read? Over!!

Question Question Question
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Oct 12 2011, 09:45

ole Nkarei wrote:With the expected entry of the Type 99 wont this neccesitate a total overhaul of the armoured corp infrastructure? Bridges, recovery vehicles, road transports, workshops e.t.c these beasts are 55+ Ton monsters Vickers n T72 ni how heavy?

@Olekoima - any MBT over 45 tons will pretty soon be unmarketable. I haven't had any whiff of the Type 99 that is credible! Moreover, the physical infrastructure for fighting an large-scale Armored engagement in this part of the world cannot support these monsters at all -
hell, even the aggressive deployment of those Sudanese T-72 MBTs anywhere near the Illemi Triangle is virtually impossible presently.[/quote][/quote]

I don't get it bro. Which Sudanese T-72 MBTs? Northern or Southern? And by the way the new born country seems to be staking a claim on Illemi triangle. Might this translate to confict in future?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:17

ole Nkarei wrote:
MWAURA wrote:
.. If there's a more efficient way of doing it,I'm open to suggestions. ..

okay, that is positive, so here it is..do you know why the Numerical Machining Complex, the most modern and expansive in Africa including South Africa remains unfunded to this day? Or why the Brits and their Cousins have been jumping around like color-monkeys the past seven years? Certainly your world-view is expanded enough to join these dots, Mwaura!

The point is this total lack of indigenous equipment manufacture capability is making itself felt at the Coast.
Ati,following terrorists on a fishing boat-a fcuking canoe!!

...I sense you have served, bro. That statement is dis-ingenious - what are SpecOps then, in your military view? See my post refKenya Defence Force - Page 25 Empty ''ole Nkarei on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm''

Wacha tu,I'll only say I HOPE SOMEONE AT THE POLICY FORMULATION LEVEL CHECKS IN HERE OCCASIONALLY.

Cut us some slack, guys! Ease up with these Biblical censure-statements unless the ''revelations are godly'', if you forgive the pun!! Sad
I'm not a reflex anti establishment dude by any measure but any responsible gov't would have prioritised the NMC to its full potential as a matter of course-though they are now manufacturing ,I think gears,its a far cry from their capacity considering even Anyang Nyongo said it can make jet engines.
No,I haven't served, you asked me the same earlier! The answer is still no, I just find these issues more interesting then "how RAO will win," or how " Ruto will carry the Rift," on Mashada. Granted,no operation goes according to plan in the real world;only in film and novels but reading about this entire episode it seems a lack of equipment,namely fast IPVs let us down.
This is what I had in mind for the KN;A Sri lanka style IPV building scheme-quite reasonably priced. I know we can afford 2 mn $!!
he Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) has constructed and delivered an inshore
patrol craft (IPC) to the Sri Lankan Coastguard at the Port of Colombo,
Sri Lanka.
The 14.5m-long IPC was constructed at SLNS Mahasen under the mavy's Rs20m ($1.8m) IPC construction project.

The craft has a displacement of 9t and is fitted with two engines of
350hp each, a modern radar system, a GPS system and an electronic
compass.

The new IPC increases the operational capability and fleet
requirements at a low cost, saving a substantial amount for the
coastguard.
http://www.naval-technology.com/news/news111937.html
Am trying to post links-later, 'net is too slow today.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 14:59

Olekoima wrote:

I don't get it bro. Which Sudanese T-72 MBTs? Northern or Southern?

@ Olekoima, Kir has some of these monsters, very basic stuff, not particularly portent. And no way to move them in aggressive deployment anywhere. Very much like the wooden bicycle we used to push around when we were kids!

And by the way the new born country seems to be staking a claim on Illemi triangle. Might this translate to conflict in future?

Look, GoSS inherits the cartographic history of the Entire Sudan, with deliberately heavy emphasis on ''possible territorial loses'' to Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda. Very intentionally done to break the feel-good state of relationship South enjoys with neighbors. GoSS has no way to ascertain her territory at present, so these faulty maps must form GoSS administrative knowledge pool for planning purposes. Conflict with GoSS is just simply not in the cards anytime soon

@ Mwaura - the little innocent-looking skiff was a deliberate choice of the SpecOps team that had point, with the usual command approvals. Made very bit of sense, perfectly fitted into SpecOps M.O. It is all so very easy to second-guess a complex operation. Please don't - those two boys deserve better consideration from you, brother.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Wed Oct 12 2011, 19:40

ole Nkarei wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

I don't get it bro. Which Sudanese T-72 MBTs? Northern or Southern?

@ Olekoima, Kir has some of these monsters, very basic stuff, not particularly portent. And no way to move them in aggressive deployment anywhere. Very much like the wooden bicycle we used to push around when we were kids!

And by the way the new born country seems to be staking a claim on Illemi triangle. Might this translate to conflict in future?

Look, GoSS inherits the cartographic history of the Entire Sudan, with deliberately heavy emphasis on ''possible territorial loses'' to Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda. Very intentionally done to break the feel-good state of relationship South enjoys with neighbors. GoSS has no way to ascertain her territory at present, so these faulty maps must form GoSS administrative knowledge pool for planning purposes. Conflict with GoSS is just simply not in the cards anytime soon.

@ Mwaura - the little innocent-looking skiff was a deliberate choice of the SpecOps team that had point, with the usual command approvals. Made very bit of sense, perfectly fitted into SpecOps M.O. It is all so very easy to second-guess a complex operation. Please don't - those two boys deserve better consideration from you, brother.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to second guess but rather use this unfortunate episode too expound upon my (admittedly)favourite topic-local equipment manufacture,in this case IPVs. The Sri lankans entered a partnership with Mitsui in the 70s. Look where they are now;after 25+ years of brutal civil war.
Kenya Defence Force - Page 25 Colombo1
Up to 53 knots-wolololaye thats FAST!!
http://www.naval-technology.com/contractors/patrol/colombo/colombo1.html
Fyi,last year,some Sri lankans,maybe the same,IDK were in the country looking for a joint venture in building the same-IDK what happened;in fact even S.Koreans were here nosing around for such deals.
If there were at least 8 such super fast IPVs instead of patrolling Archangels along the Kenya Coast,would pirates dare? Probably,but she has the speed to put her bow mounted 23 mm to good use.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 20:50

[quote="MWAURA"]

Valid and good point, Mwaura. Well taken too. Agree witcha maxi on this.
It seems to me that the only way to get a country to get independence of technology and innovation is the often used embargoes by the Noe-colonialist. If it doesn't break you, because the Nation has a resilient people like we are, then it only makes you. South Africa, Israel, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Croatia, Serbia, etc.
But now, they know the sting in their often used embargo trick. Remember Chris Murungaru and the Land-rover factory that he closed down in England in 2005?

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Wed Oct 12 2011, 22:44

[quote="ole Nkarei"]
MWAURA wrote:

Valid and good point, Mwaura. Well taken too. Agree witcha maxi on this.
It seems to me that the only way to get a country to get independence of technology and innovation is the often used embargoes by the Noe-colonialist. If it doesn't break you, because the Nation has a resilient people like we are, then it only makes you. South Africa, Israel, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Croatia, Serbia, etc.
But now, they know the sting in their often used embargo trick. Remember Chris Murungaru and the Land-rover factory that he closed down in England in 2005?
Of course I remember;who doesn't? To me its black and white-licence build by all means. The gov't should establish joint ventures with other 3rd worlders as a matter of urgency and start such projects ASAP! The NMC can form the nucleus for the skilled machinery required,in fact they're already making fairly high tech machine tools, I saw a high speed lathe made from scratch. As long as we stick to the old paradigms of waiting for white approval we'll never get anywhere:that's why I find it a national embarrassment that want of simple high speed IPVs is having such a disproportionate effect on our security and sovereignty.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Thu Oct 13 2011, 08:53

I beg to differ with you on this one MWAURA and friends. you are feeding the blog with half baked news.

I respect the respect you gave this blog over others, but come with facts and lets debt it out as professionals. This is our field of duty and we earn our daily bread and butter from such issues.

For a yard to manufacture a war craft it has to have an international authorized maritime warfare license or if its reputable enough in mercahant vessel handling ,it can build so only under license; in order for its crafts to be accepted by international maritime insurers. I challenge you to search for an Africa giant or power house that is building its own i.e from scratch, warcraft.

Reputable dockyards like the Alexandria Shipyards, Egypt that build large vessels, larger than what the Egyptian navy sails on, are restricted to small war boats and they have to be under linsenced from.

Sri lanka to has a similar yard the Colombo Dockyard Limited and its first realized ambition was mounting guns on a merchant vessel, the Jayasagara class patrol craft post #208 in this web page http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?128802-Photos-and-News-of-Small-Navy-of-the-World!/page14 I didn,t think you boys would like to see a similar vessel with the KN ensigns.

further on a contract was allocated to locally assemble the Israeli Shaldag Mk II fast boats, again under license from. Dubbed the Colombo Class attack boat. its not a indigenous Sri Lankan ambition as you are gunning for .
http://ranjanwijeratnefoundation.org.lk/sri-lanka-navy/sri-lanka-navy-fleet.html .

this one and only craft type, assembly was realized after a continuous succession of Israeli war craft into the Sri Lankan navy.

the two examples speak a lot about the maritime world . it’s a closely held cartel esp. by the Brits
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Thu Oct 13 2011, 09:59

Its only a month ago that Littoral warfare { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_warfare }was brought up as an issue to the KN. Nobody suspected it or even talked about it a month ago , guys lets be frank about it. jasiri and friends, you have always comfortably championed for amphibious capabilities for the KN ,had we gone by your words where would our cash be today? A spectator for a good player scenerio. not so?

The Archangel class IPV and 5 Defender class IPVs (Inshore Patrol Vessels) were procured and donated by the US for monitoring ,counter terrorism ,gun running, drugs enforcement and smuggling (its all over the web), a department of the Kenya police now ran by the kenya navy.

KN doesn’t have a littorial warfare flotilla/squadrons/boats. It wasn,t anticipated in our threats and boats to sustain that warfare have not been procured. Therefore the Archangel and the Defender boats are presently doubling for that duty until that squadron is attained. their not substandard or silly procurements for Littoral combat as you guys are trying to put it .

few navy’s regional or super powered operate such flotillas. Isreal , Sri lanka , mexico are some due to similar incursions. If its not in your threat you don’t need it even though it is cheap or abundantly available in the market
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 25 Empty Al-Shabaab strikes again? (!)

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 17:10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15293502

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 25 Empty Al-Shabaab strikes again? (!)

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 19:19

Well it wasnt going to be long before this happened again!! Seems Shabaab are gonna stick with us like white on rice. It also seems like we are the most vulnerable target. Lets just wait and see what happens..... No study No study

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 14 2011, 11:07

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:Its only a month ago that Littoral warfare { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_warfare }was brought up as an issue to the KN. Nobody suspected it or even talked about it a month ago , guys lets be frank about it. jasiri and friends, you have always comfortably championed for amphibious capabilities for the KN ,had we gone by your words where would our cash be today? A spectator for a good player scenerio. not so?
I remember we were very close to name calling with Risasi infact this is what he said back then
wewe bwana hivyo viva vyako havina mahali kwenye jesi letu at the moment
Isn't it uncanny how i always predicted the fight will be for Kismayo?
Amphibious operations are invasion, correct. Only last year you were
massing at th borders to invade Somalia. With efficient landing ships,
couldn’t you have achieved the starategic advantage of hitting al-shabab
at Kismayo through a marine force landing
(Najua tuko na marines) while
bulldozing them on land with the army?
and that was in march 8th 2010. VERY UNSETTLING that our planners could not foresee this. Very very unsettling.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next