THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+64
mwenyeji
kimiti
Admin
gash
mwepesi
paladin
Ned Starks Head
Mbaine
habasweyne
Sisal Makonge
chui
Kamalet
UncleBoni
mekatilili
mbs
PatriotKenyan
obienga
MasterChief
Gallahad
nyukilized
Observer
Muratina
edmuiru
Kepler-Euler
leokweru
SIAT
GreyArea
areba
vince
Nesta
Batian
Interloper
georiise
Sierra Kilo
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
firewall
cylon
Balozi
Analyst
mJESHI mMOJA
SS Jamuhuri
Sayaret matkal
MWAURA
Al Bashir
mogen
tempest
mambotupu
Mkenya
Uzi
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
MOOZALENDO
Flying Crane
livefire
mchoraji
proud kenyan
pacifist
Kobooz
Spartan
Risasi
countersniper
jasiri
timoh
Olekoima
68 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 07 2013, 16:33

Uzi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Kobooz wrote:@ON what should we make of this mans expose? does it truly paint the true picture of how the global empire that seeks to control the world economy started?
http://library.uniteddiversity.coop/Money_and_Economics/confessions_of_an_economic_hitman.pdf
@Kabooz -  fantastic reading, although there is a commercial element that "muscles" the narration kidogo, but by and large, it IS topically factual to the dot.

But of course, our Kumbaya-my-lord singing uncle Tommish Africans since  Slavery would rather cut their fecking throats than imagine their white "massa" is culpable of such naked satanic plotting.  Jesus the Arab / African has for centuries been propagated to having been a 'White-of-white'' Anglo-saxon who somehow find Himself plunked into the midst of hordes of savage Arab / Africans in Palestine to bring them salvation.  What the feck is with Africans anyway?  Eiish!!

@Mooz - to add a little bit to what #Risasi posts here below, the truth about Westgate Mall, as i said several times here above, will probably never ALL be known by EVERYBODY. But some truth will eventually be public.  What the Truth is definitely NOT is the Western-media-spewed "truths' dong the rounds in Social Media and Formal Media.
@ON all due respect man I think religious issues should be kept out of this page for we all have different persuasions which ought to be respected. The subject at hand is whether KDF bungled the rescue operation. Evidence seems to be suggesting so and blaming the "Bazungu" doesn't take it away. A Rtd. KDF General is also of the opinion that the operation was handled clumsily. In Chai town the operation was well done and all Kenyans congratulated the KDF. Criticism of the Westgate handling should be taken positively and we learn from the blunders. Lets not turn the forum to be  one for sycophancy.
Precisely.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 07 2013, 16:34

habasweyne wrote:jambo wazee, naomba kukaribishwa kwenye kikao kitukufu

enyewe this westgate maneno has hit us where it hurt most.. we were caught napping and we paid dearly and painfully for it.. what we need to do now is learn from this. and while appreciating that info might never be fully revealed by the officials, sisi kama wananchi wa kawaida cannot be blamed for trying to infer from whatever sources are available. i tend to agree with uzi above that we should call a spade a spade. if somebody messed, heads should roll. im especially pissed that there might have been some sort of rivalry between our forces, that resulted in the death of a recce man.. honestly i believe recce were more than capable enough of handling this offcourse with help from the rest of the infantry. its really not a question of whether we are capable or not, all our forces are capable, i mean even civies and reserves proved their mettle when the st hit the fan.. however the method is what is  pulling us back..  i felt kdf concent alsorated too much on the intimidation aspect of this operation yet it was more of surgical precision operation.. that recce had managed to corner the bastards i should have thought that sf would have built on that to finish the job. if anything he insertion of the sf should have been top secret catching the manyokos by suprise... the heavy military y presence while reassuring to the public  was also bound  to raise queries as the situation dragged longer..
this was a first for all of us but certainly people must take responsibility for blunders and heads must roll..
Good observation, i totally agree with you.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 07 2013, 16:38

mekatilili wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Ati "we have him"! You and who? Who does this "we" have?  As I wrote earlier,   the Baraare mission failed coz of weakness in Planning & Execution - not mounted by formal structured Force. The Chap nabbed by the Seals in LIBYA is one brigand called  Anas al-Libi or by his real names Nazin Abdul Hamed al Ruqai, a Libyan national - NOT Somaali. Associated with the Nairobi Embassy blast of 1998!  
You have turned into a jaded 15 year old girl, always railing and wailing against the West. If it is Abu Anas Al-Libi, we have him. Pause, and accept that fact! In the preemptive attack on Al Shabaab, 6 Navy seals took on the head of the organization that has turned Kenya into their punching back. I understand you are busy selling charcoal and ogling at emaciated women in Somalia, so you ought to be thankful that someone is looking out for the people of Kenya.

For 4 days, the republic of Kenya and the entire military was held hostage by 4 men who later on escaped unscathed! For 4 long days, your military's incompetence was streamed on hundreds of TV stations the world over. It is this fact that has enraged you. The realization that you are just another rag tag army and the weight of the oxymoron that is "Kenyan intelligence". 

I will allow you to go back to your job: dreaming up the super state, "Kenyanna", the kool aid that you have sold on this forum for over a year now.
Give us constructive criticisms, not these crap that is so common among Tanzanians especially those like who you who often post in Jamii forums.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty language unbecoming

Post  mbs Mon Oct 07 2013, 17:07

mekatilili wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Ati "we have him"! You and who? Who does this "we" have?  As I wrote earlier,   the Baraare mission failed coz of weakness in Planning & Execution - not mounted by formal structured Force. The Chap nabbed by the Seals in LIBYA is one brigand called  Anas al-Libi or by his real names Nazin Abdul Hamed al Ruqai, a Libyan national - NOT Somaali. Associated with the Nairobi Embassy blast of 1998!  
You have turned into a jaded 15 year old girl, always railing and wailing against the West. If it is Abu Anas Al-Libi, we have him. Pause, and accept that fact! In the preemptive attack on Al Shabaab, 6 Navy seals took on the head of the organization that has turned Kenya into their punching back. I understand you are busy selling charcoal and ogling at emaciated women in Somalia, so you ought to be thankful that someone is looking out for the people of Kenya.

For 4 days, the republic of Kenya and the entire military was held hostage by 4 men who later on escaped unscathed! For 4 long days, your military's incompetence was streamed on hundreds of TV stations the world over. It is this fact that has enraged you. The realization that you are just another rag tag army and the weight of the oxymoron that is "Kenyan intelligence". 

I will allow you to go back to your job: dreaming up the super state, "Kenyanna", the kool aid that you have sold on this forum for over a year now.

@mekatilili you have stooped so low that it is shocking. you do not have to agree with other peoples opinion but respect their right to articulate what they want to say. no one should stifle you from saying what you want to say, but respect other peoples opinion even if they are wrong in your eyes. besides what is so wrong with the Kenyanna project? what would you recommend in its place? As to the Westgate issue, how would you have it been done? its not enough to complain, once in a while try and come up with a solution.
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Mon Oct 07 2013, 20:44

mekatilili wrote:

The Beslan school hostage crisis in Sept 2004 held Ivan for 3 days with deaths of over 380 people. Mistakes could have been made here but that doesn't warrant your foul expressions. You should take a cue from late Nyerere's famous quote  “Argue, Don’t Shout”.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Oct 07 2013, 21:59

The seal mission failed because the entire town is an alshabab garrison everyone  there is armed and they have been set to arm up and shoot at anyone   who appears to be approaching the  area they cant identify
 They  pretend to be civilians but they have hidden gun placements  in huts shacks and  tunnels.

Further more  it is said that the Americans  informed the Somali president about this plan to attack  more than one and a half weeks ago...so it is very much likely that someone   .. an alshabab mole leaked the information to the warlords ..who laid ambushes for the seals.
that  mission was doomed to fail.. in fact the town was set to repeat the black hawk down  incident  where they were hoping to drug dead white bodies of foreign soldiers  in the town.
Now BTW.. KDF and amisom forces
need to take this town by all means.
it is said that the westgate mission was planed and directed from here. we cannot let this go unanswered .
ALSHABAB need to be taught a lesson they will never forget.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Logistics

Post  Analyst Mon Oct 07 2013, 22:51

countersniper wrote:The seal mission failed because the entire town is an alshabab garrison everyone  there is armed and they have been set to arm up and shoot at anyone   who appears to be approaching the  area they cant identify
 They  pretend to be civilians but they have hidden gun placements  in huts shacks and  tunnels.

Further more  it is said that the Americans  informed the Somali president about this plan to attack  more than one and a half weeks ago...so it is very much likely that someone   .. an alshabab mole leaked the information to the warlords ..who laid ambushes for the seals.
that  mission was doomed to fail.. in fact the town was set to repeat the black hawk down  incident  where they were hoping to drug dead white bodies of foreign soldiers  in the town.
need to take this town by all means.
it is said that the westgate mission was planed and directed from here. we cannot let this go unanswered .

If AMISOM can move a mechanized crack battalion 180-kilometers North of Magadishu successfully, then Baraawe can be hit.

Baraawe has to be hit from both sea and land besides air.

The problem is, AMISOM is not willing to spend on a Kenyan naval warship and the Kenya airforce.

The naval assets of Kenya can sail north and hit Baraawe, the airforce can conduct successful sorties on Baraawe training facilities, bases, and storage dumps, and a mechanized battalion can, after such successive hits, destroy all Baraawe defenses.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Tue Oct 08 2013, 00:05

It's not the language that you have a problem with but the  facts. If you indeed had a problem with language, Ole Nkaeri would have been sanctioned about 4 days ago. What I offered up are facts and opinion and I urge you you to do the honorable thing and respect mine just as you urge me to respect other people's. 

On Westgate, what happened is beyond shameful and sadly this will be the new norm as long as the same corrupt, inept and greedy tribal cabal at the helm of the Kenyanmilitary is in place. 

mbs wrote:
mekatilili wrote:

@mekatilili you have stooped so low that it is shocking. you do not have to agree with other peoples opinion but respect their right to articulate what they want to say. no one should stifle you from saying what you want to say, but respect other peoples opinion even if they are wrong in your eyes. besides what is so wrong with the Kenyanna project? what would you recommend in its place? As to the Westgate issue, how would you have it been done? its not enough to complain, once in a while try and come up with a solution.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Tue Oct 08 2013, 08:58

mekatilili wrote:It's not the language that you have a problem with but the  facts. If you indeed had a problem with language, Ole Nkaeri would have been sanctioned about 4 days ago. What I offered up are facts and opinion and I urge you you to do the honorable thing and respect mine just as you urge me to respect other people's. 

On Westgate, what happened is beyond shameful and sadly this will be the new norm as long as the same corrupt, inept and greedy tribal cabal at the helm of the Kenyanmilitary is in place. 

mbs wrote:
mekatilili wrote:

A general attack on the KDF is an affront to us all uniforms and civies. If you were objective you would give credit where its due. There has previously been no major terror attack in .ke not because the Kebabs didn't want to but major attacks have been thwarted thanks to the oxymoron that is "Kenyan intelligence".  There is no evidence of KDF human rights atrocities in Somalia we cant say the same for your adopted country wherever they go! If u have beef with @ON please PM him we don't need this!
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Tue Oct 08 2013, 09:29

countersniper wrote:Further more  it is said that the Americans  informed the Somali president about this plan to attack  more than one and a half weeks ago...so it is very much likely that someone   .. an alshabab mole leaked the information to the warlords ..who laid ambushes for the seals.
need to take this town by all means
The fact that Al shabaab is still in charge of Baraawe is a big problem.This is a coastal town through which they can replenish their supplies, sell stuff or welcome foreign fighters.There is need for AMISOM to come up with a plan to take this town which (correct me if wrong) is in Sector 1.The Ugandan contingent is in Merca 130km north East of Baraawe while the Kenya & Sierra leonean contingents are in Kismayo 287km S.W of the same town. A plan has to be formulated of how this coastal base will be taken.Gen. Katumba Wamala the UPDF CDF recently said AMISOM is over-stretched.They need at least 25,000 men on the ground to deal the Nyang'aus a mortal blow.But the current over 17,000 men may not be able to take any more territory.It's the high time this issue is addressed.I however feel the Kenyan contingent especially should push the brigands back.Areas such as Jamaame & Jilib should be taken.That will continue making it harder for these guys to operate.

mekatilili wrote:On Westgate, what happened is beyond shameful and sadly this will be the new norm as long as the same corrupt, inept and greedy tribal cabal at the helm of the Kenyanmilitary is in place
Mekatilili, you appear to be very well informed on KDF command's composition.It is as follows;

Gen. Julius Waweru Karangi  (CDF)
Lt. Gen. Samson Jefwa Mwathethe (VCDF)
Lt. Gen. Joseph Kasaon (K.A Commander)
Maj. Gen. Joff Otieno (K.A.F Commander)
Maj. Gen. Ngewa Mukala (K.N Commander)

Which is this one community they all come from? Come on man stop taking us to that direction.

Analyst wrote:
If AMISOM can move a mechanized crack battalion 180-kilometers North of Magadishu successfully, then Baraawe can be hit.

Baraawe has to be hit from both sea and land besides air.

The problem is, AMISOM is not willing to spend on a Kenyan naval warship and the Kenya airforce.

The naval assets of Kenya can sail north and hit Baraawe, the airforce can conduct successful sorties on Baraawe training facilities, bases, and storage dumps, and a mechanized battalion can, after such successive hits, destroy all Baraawe defenses.
I agree may be this could be a joint effort between the Kenyan & Ugandan contingents, where Kenyans would avail air & naval assets while Ugandans provide the army component.Would be lovely to pull one such.Problem may not be AMISOM but it's funders. They would rather hamstrung such an effort by starving it of funds than see it pulled successfully.These guys have been complaining of the use of Kenyan air & naval assets in all their reports.

Last edited by mchoraji on Tue Oct 08 2013, 09:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Tue Oct 08 2013, 13:13

Uzi wrote:
mekatilili wrote:........oxymoron that is "Kenyan intelligence".
 Kenyan Intelligence has done an excellent Job over the last couple of years. Numerous plots have been uncovered and foiled.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/KenyaShabaabFile.pdf
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Tue Oct 08 2013, 20:26

I agree may be this could be a joint effort between the Kenyan & Ugandan contingents, where Kenyans would avail air & naval assets while Ugandans provide the army component.Would be lovely to pull one such.Problem may not be AMISOM but it's funders. They would rather hamstrung such an effort by starving it of funds than see it pulled successfully.These guys have been complaining of the use of Kenyan air & naval assets in all their reports.
what petrifies me is the fact that the UN observers are decrying the lack of rotary and fixed wing force multipliers in their arsenal, as well as the lack of naval assets. what is it that the KDF use in somalia? hell, spartan, vitruvian et al's air assets may just get to see some combat over sector 1 if they stopped being short sighted. fact is that with adequate force multipliers,the number of soldiers may need to be upped by the smallest of numbers,without the loss of territory, while handing over to the locals. but this can only be achieved if surgical lobbying at unsc can be done,targeting countries that would benefit (russian arms,chinese arms,french arms) etc. the AU may also be used to lobby for their AMISOM mission for purposes of offering advise to the UN

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty intelligence in kenya

Post  proud kenyan Tue Oct 08 2013, 20:45

Al Bashir wrote:
Uzi wrote:
 Kenyan Intelligence has done an excellent Job over the last couple of years. Numerous plots have been uncovered and foiled.

then it seems that they knew what the NIS was saying when they wanted some powers over investigating some terror-related intel that came their way. seriously if i got the same intel briefs from the NIS then most or all of the items passed across would have been effectively dealt with

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Wed Oct 09 2013, 08:48

The very things we've been discussing here.These analysts and the West believe;

1. Kenya is after establishing a strong influence in Southern Somalia to their exclusion

2. Kenya is after the wealth

The point where the US govt. is urged to reign in Kenya & Ethiopia is quite interesting. More road blocks should be expected.The uongo about charcoal sales & other such crap still being peddled.

Daily Nation
A US government official and two think-tank analysts raised questions on Tuesday about Kenya's role in Somalia in comments to the US Senate.
"Increasing security efforts by the Kenya Defence Forces may have [aid] access implications in Kismayo and re-ignite tensions in the community," said Nancy Lindborg, assistant administrator of the US Agency for International Development.

Somalis express "great scepticism" in regard to Kenya's claim that it wants to remove its troops from Kismayo, added EJ Hogendoorn, an analyst with the International Crisis Group.
He pointed to a UN allegation that Kenyan military officers earn "large amounts of money from trade, including illegal charcoal, passing through Kismayo."

Most Somalis "believe Kenya wants to control southern Somalia because it has large oil and natural gas deposits," Mr Hogendoorn told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Abdi Aynte, director of the Mogadishu-based Heritage Institute for Policy Studies, said the US has "a moral obligation to exert pressure" on Kenya and Ethiopia to cease interfering in Somalia's internal politics.
"Their unchecked interference risks further destabilising of the country and a reversal of recent fragile gains," Mr Aynte warned. "Interference galvanises militant groups and further divides Somali communities."
Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the State Department's top Africa official, and Amanda Dory, an African affairs officer at the Pentagon, also addressed the senators, offering a positive appraisal of US policy regarding Somalia.
The US-financed African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) has managed to "eviscerate al-Shabaab," Ms Thomas-Greenfield said.
"Nonetheless, this Somalia-based al-Qa’ida affiliate remains a dangerous presence" in East Africa, she added, citing the Westgate attack.
"Al-Shabaab must be stopped," the assistant secretary of state for African affairs declared.
Under sharp questioning from Senator John McCain, Ms Dory declined to discuss the recent US raid on a Shabaab stronghold in Barawe, a town south of Mogadishu. She told the Republican former presidential candidate it would be inappropriate to discuss military operations in an open forum.
"The fact is, it was a failure," Senator McCain said in response, noting that US Navy SEALs had not captured the Kenyan Somali leader of Shabaab whom they had targeted in Barawe.

Andre Le Sage, a research fellow at the US National Defence University, added in his remarks to the panel that the United States should continue support for Kenya and other East African allies vulnerable to attacks by "Shabaab and its regional affiliates, including al-Hijra."
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Oct 09 2013, 10:21

mchoraji wrote:The very things we've been discussing here.These analysts and the West believe;

1. Kenya is after establishing a strong influence in Southern Somalia to their exclusion

2. Kenya is after the wealth

The point where the US govt. is urged to reign in Kenya & Ethiopia is quite interesting. More road blocks should be expected.The uongo about charcoal sales & other such crap still being peddled.

Daily Nation
A US government official and two think-tank analysts raised questions on Tuesday about Kenya's role in Somalia in comments to the US Senate.
"Increasing security efforts by the Kenya Defence Forces may have [aid] access implications in Kismayo and re-ignite tensions in the community," said Nancy Lindborg, assistant administrator of the US Agency for International Development.

Somalis express "great scepticism" in regard to Kenya's claim that it wants to remove its troops from Kismayo, added EJ Hogendoorn, an analyst with the International Crisis Group.
He pointed to a UN allegation that Kenyan military officers earn "large amounts of money from trade, including illegal charcoal, passing through Kismayo."

Most Somalis "believe Kenya wants to control southern Somalia because it has large oil and natural gas deposits," Mr Hogendoorn told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Abdi Aynte, director of the Mogadishu-based Heritage Institute for Policy Studies, said the US has "a moral obligation to exert pressure" on Kenya and Ethiopia to cease interfering in Somalia's internal politics.
"Their unchecked interference risks further destabilising of the country and a reversal of recent fragile gains," Mr Aynte warned. "Interference galvanises militant groups and further divides Somali communities."
Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the State Department's top Africa official, and Amanda Dory, an African affairs officer at the Pentagon, also addressed the senators, offering a positive appraisal of US policy regarding Somalia.
The US-financed African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) has managed to "eviscerate al-Shabaab," Ms Thomas-Greenfield said.
"Nonetheless, this Somalia-based al-Qa’ida affiliate remains a dangerous presence" in East Africa, she added, citing the Westgate attack.
"Al-Shabaab must be stopped," the assistant secretary of state for African affairs declared.
Under sharp questioning from Senator John McCain, Ms Dory declined to discuss the recent US raid on a Shabaab stronghold in Barawe, a town south of Mogadishu. She told the Republican former presidential candidate it would be inappropriate to discuss military operations in an open forum.
"The fact is, it was a failure," Senator McCain said in response, noting that US Navy SEALs had not captured the Kenyan Somali leader of Shabaab whom they had targeted in Barawe.

Andre Le Sage, a research fellow at the US National Defence University, added in his remarks to the panel that the United States should continue support for Kenya and other East African allies vulnerable to attacks by "Shabaab and its regional affiliates, including al-Hijra."
what they are doing right now is confirming what we thought all along: they want everything to themselves.
what i would have liked to see was amb. mohammed and defence sec.  omamo make an impromptu appearance at that senate hearing,would there have been a shift in operations guidelines for amisom? as someone somewhere said,let me go back to dreaming. safe day civvies and uniforms

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 09 2013, 10:56

mekatilili wrote:

A special operations force cut short its mission to capture a terror suspect in Somalia Friday in part because a group of children unexpectedly showed up, NBC reports.
The Pentagon acknowledged Monday that the U.S. attempted and failed to capture Ikrima, a Kenyan of Somali origin linked to the Somali terror organization al-Shabab.
Citing military sources, NBC says sailors from the elite Seal Team 6 snuck onto the beach, arrived at the compound and identified Ikrima before being spotted by an al-Shabab fighter. That fighter called in others and began firing, putting the special operations team under siege. The Seal Team withdrew back to the beach in part because it believed a sustained firefight would endanger a group of nearby children, according to NBC.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/10/07/report-navy-seals-aborted-somalian-raid-because-children-were-present/#ixzz2hD2kXHbm
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleBoni Wed Oct 09 2013, 12:25

jasiri wrote:
mekatilili wrote:

A special operations force cut short its mission to capture a terror suspect in Somalia Friday in part because a group of children unexpectedly showed up, NBC reports.
The Pentagon acknowledged Monday that the U.S. attempted and failed to capture Ikrima, a Kenyan of Somali origin linked to the Somali terror organization al-Shabab.
Citing military sources, NBC says sailors from the elite Seal Team 6 snuck onto the beach, arrived at the compound and identified Ikrima before being spotted by an al-Shabab fighter. That fighter called in others and began firing, putting the special operations team under siege. The Seal Team withdrew back to the beach in part because it believed a sustained firefight would endanger a group of nearby children, according to NBC.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/10/07/report-navy-seals-aborted-somalian-raid-because-children-were-present/#ixzz2hD2kXHbm
Oh please, give me a break. Ati, the Seals withdrew because of the imminent collateral damage the Ops would have caused. Like they care?? Remember the infamous Apache heli attack in 2005 that killed two Reuters reporters and dozens of civilians in Iraq - http://vimeo.com/63389575

What makes you think they give a s*** about some Somali kids? As some have said before, it was a case of poorly planned, poorly executed operation. Period.
UncleBoni
UncleBoni

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Terror in Westgate Mall: The full story

Post  mogen Wed Oct 09 2013, 15:12

This is not good at all.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/oct/04/westgate-mall-attacks-kenya-terror#undefined
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriotKenyan Wed Oct 09 2013, 17:42

proud kenyan wrote:
Al Bashir wrote:
Uzi wrote:

then it seems that they knew what the NIS was saying when they wanted some powers over investigating some terror-related intel that came their way. seriously if i got the same intel briefs from the NIS then most or all of the items passed across would have been effectively dealt with
Was this the supposed Intelligence brief that was leaked by NIS? If so, having read that, the lack of OPSEC is shocking, full names and aliases of targets, even an NIS Officer has been named. Why not redact information that does not need to be in the public domain? This is another good example of the rot that has set in within Government where a culture of petty politicking and passing the buck has taken precedence over what really matters, in this case Internal Security.

mogen wrote: This is not good at all.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/oct/04/westgate-mall-attacks-kenya-terror#undefined ]
I agree Mogen, this is not good, however I wont take that article at face value, although there may be some truths in there. Having read some of the comments in here, somehow this whole Westgate issue is being blamed on the West; we need to first concentrate on our own failings.

I blame the West for flaming Extremism, however, they are not to blame for matters pertaining to OUR Internal Security. They are not to blame for the clear failings in either actioning or sharing of Intelligence that could have thwarted this attack, neither are they to blame for the failings of a Multi Agency Operation that we are to believe is the product of intensive preparation and simulation, these same Multi Agency Operation failings were exposed during the JKIA fire.

Finally, they are not to blame for the lack of Professionalism and Discipline among some within the Security Forces involved in looting and drinking Alcohol during the siege. What makes this laughable is how the Ministry of Defence is urging the Public to come up with evidence, that is an insult on the intelligence of Kenyans and should not be the basis of any investigation.

No Commission of Enquiries are needed, we do not need to know HOW the failings happened, all we need to know is WHY they happened and hold the relevant Parties to account. I think the Government needs to really focus on establishing or refining an Operational Command Structure for Multi-Agency Operations to respond to national disasters whether it be CT or any other national disaster.

Think the reputation of our Security Agencies and Country as a whole has taken a hit, a non devisive and thorough investigation holding people to account and reforming our Security Agencies will go a long way to assuring Kenyans that they are safe within their own borders.
PatriotKenyan
PatriotKenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Oct 09 2013, 18:47

jasiri wrote:
mekatilili wrote:

that's a good one by NBC.. kids playing at wee hours and on seeing that Seal team six retreats .ok sina lakusema Very Happy
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:54

My dossier, open to critics and debates.

I sent emails to counterparts, asking them if, just if the west could have had a hand on the Westgate mall how it would be or look like. In confidence without prejudice he gave me the following hypotheses. Keep in mind the silver bullet and truth lies with the perpetuators.
In most terror organizations (A.S , Alkeada)the CIA has informers that brief them on the day to day affairs, the who’s who, who is on the helm or  calls the shorts, number of terror cells etc.  Using this info the agency narrows in for dates and time for raids or hit  high profile persons , things like that.  I think we all agree on that.  

point 1: back to our matter in hand, using  those  informers the agency could  direct outcomes, magnitudes  or points for  “ relevant  attack”  for  terror, places that would also suit (CIA) interest in this case ,  esp. if  the  informer is high ranking official. Sawa mpaka hapo.

point 2: duguzanguni our SpOps boys, as good as there in the region, are trained and tailor fitted by the west and so do other modes of ops , the navy to the air force. The SpOps unit is still at its infant stage  Johnny and Sam know that and at what depth or understanding our boys are at, ill respect of our regional standing, based on what they have so far taught them. They know our reaction response time and from where it would likely come from.  That’s the west like or leave they have the info.

A good example is when seal team six raided Bin laden in Pakistan, they knew how long (30min) it would take  the PAF to scramble a F-16 just in case  and who were the pilots on watch, all thanks to the Central Intelligence Agency.
So when I talk about the west’s hand in the ordeal, I don’t mean hired mercenary or boots but more of document in invisible ink to spice and magnitude an attack that was on its way.

Iko Swali before I continue.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Looting at Westgate

Post  Gallahad Thu Oct 10 2013, 08:30

The allegations of looting at westgate by kdf have me worried.  If these allegations are factual, they point to a serious problem within kdf.

1. The failure of or complicity of  leadership at all levels, from junior nco to overall command.
2.  The failure of training and doctrine.
3. The loss of confidence in kdf both locally and internationally.

IMHO the fitrst two points are internal matters that kdf must deal with urgently and ruthlessly. How these are deat with will determine how soon and wholly confidence is restored and mitigate against negative effects on international partnerships.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:34

Gallahad wrote:The allegations of looting at westgate by kdf have me worried.  If these allegations are factual, they point to a serious problem within kdf.

1. The failure of or complicity of  leadership at all levels, from junior nco to overall command.

IMHO the fitrst two points are internal matters that kdf must deal with urgently and ruthlessly. How these are deat with will determine how soon and wholly confidence is restored and mitigate against negative effects on international partnerships.
The whole Westgate manenos are turning out to be quite perplexing with reports of conflicts of command protocols among the various forces and now this looting by the KDF which if true can seriously erode the respect the force has largely enjoyed among the citizens.
Having looked at the whole thing in greater detail, it would appear the dreaded GSU recce squad were more than capable to handle the whole terrorist attack on their own. Thus there was no need to bring in the KDF since there was bound to be conflict in command, it looks like precious time was lost arguing about this command issue. Obviously  we don't expect the KDF to take commands from the police.
In my view, we should deploy the KDF to thoroughly man our borders especially the troubled ones such as with Somalia and to tackle any other form of external aggression. Bringing them in to fight terrorism in places such as malls would amount to a misuse of the force in my opinion except perhaps the use of the special forces who have the training to handle this kind of thing.
One thing though is that this being the first attack of its kind in Kenyan soils, valuable lessons have been learn t which must be useful in future.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Military ties bind Israel and Kenya

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:38

A little off topic, but useful information. Read on:-
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MID-03-091013.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Oct 10 2013, 10:52

Olekoima wrote:
Gallahad wrote:The allegations of looting at westgate by kdf have me worried.  If these allegations are factual, they point to a serious problem within kdf.

The whole Westgate manenos are turning out to be quite perplexing with reports of conflicts of command protocols among the various forces and now this looting by the KDF which if true can seriously erode the respect the force has largely enjoyed among the citizens.
Having looked at the whole thing in greater detail, it would appear the dreaded GSU recce squad were more than capable to handle the whole terrorist attack on their own. Thus there was no need to bring in the KDF since there was bound to be conflict in command, it looks like precious time was lost arguing about this command issue. Obviously  we don't expect the KDF to take commands from the police.
In my view, we should deploy the KDF to thoroughly man our borders especially the troubled ones such as with Somalia and to tackle any other form of external aggression. Bringing them in to fight terrorism in places such as malls would amount to a misuse of the force in my opinion except perhaps the use of the special forces who have the training to handle this kind of thing.
One thing though is that this being the first attack of its kind in Kenyan soils, valuable lessons have been learn t which must be useful in future.
@Olekoima i actually agree with you. Recce is specifically trained with this kind of missions in mind. They came in, secured the building and actually looked more organised than elements from Kahawa who came in later. It beats logic to have a normal infantry unit relieve the elite squad while waiting for the S.O.R boys. I mean, what will a normal infantry unit not trained in breachings, CQBs and advanced hand-hand combat hope to achieve above and beyond what Recce did? I think we should stop this mentality of blindly believing the military is better than the police on all fronts. Its a fallacy. We can't even compare the two because of the nature of environments they are trained to operate in. Recce has, and its a fact, more experience in such manenos than defence. What happened in Westgate was nothing short of an ego, mine is bigger than yours situation. The military is only supposed to step in ONLY when civilian authorities are overwhelmed and unable. There was no immediate threat to anything other than Westgate that day and i still don't understand why the Army was deployed. I only kept mum because at that point priority was on ending the crisis, we would have had much more time to discuss it later...as we are doing it now. That said, who gave the order to deploy the army? Was it legal? what are the procedueres involved in deploying the armed forces in such situations? Moving to the olice, what is the pecking order in relation to various security situations? When Flying quad realised this was a terror attack who did they call in, the R.D.U or Recce? What is R.D.U's role in the security of Kenya? Does their mandate involve them being deployed within cities? In what situations does Recce presence get necessary? Westgate was a perfect case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. Too much overlapping and usurping of roles.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Westgate

Post  Gallahad Thu Oct 10 2013, 11:19

I found the information here http://www.thinkersroom.com/blog/2013/09/the-kenyan-armed-forces-you/ helpful in understanding kdf's role vis a vis civil authority in dealing with problems like westgate.

IMO a public inquiry could also accord us the opportunity to scrutinise current practice in security matters and design a more effective way of dealing with challenges in the future. Understandably Kenyans are sceptical about public inquiries but untill when will we be captives of our past? We should use lessons learnt in the past to chart a way forward, not to paralyse ourselves.

Internationally, in the wake of such attacks as we sufferred, governments have held inquiries to better understand the anatomy of the events, failures and successes and areas to review and enforce. It also serves as an official historical record of events. The Pradhan Inquiry commission after the Mumbai attacks in 2008 could serve as an example of the kind we may want to establish.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10 2013, 12:31

Intelligence f**k-up followed by a security f**k-up followed by an operational f**k-up followed by alleged (=legal caveat) pillage and plunder by those who allegedly (=another legal caveat) f**ked-up in the first place.
1. Non-professional journalism?
2. al-Shabaab propaganda?
3. ICC?
4. Global conspiracy by the CIA, MI6, Mossad and a host of 254-based NGOs?
5. ... (fill in this space) ...?

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Guys,this was a false flag!

Post  MWAURA Thu Oct 10 2013, 15:45

You guys still believe the official story which is why you're following leads of the known narratives-that leads to a dead end. I know I'm in a minority of one, but I reiterate this was a false flag! This is defined as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

The pity is looking at all the actors,the WTC involved mall owner Frank Lowy,al Shabab,(which ,though indigenous is assisted by outside forces) the sequence of events ranging from the abnormal ammo package of the attackers and the mysterious collapse of the mall this was obviously not an operation of simple dudes whose greatest accomplishment a few months ago was bombing churches.

describes covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities, groups or nations than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension be called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  MOOZALENDO Thu Oct 10 2013, 16:34

MWAURA wrote:You guys still believe the official story which is why you're following leads of the known narratives-that leads to a dead end. I know I'm in a minority of one, but I reiterate this was a false flag! This is defined as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

The pity is looking at all the actors,the WTC involved mall owner Frank Lowy,al Shabab,(which ,though indigenous is assisted by outside forces) the sequence of events ranging from the abnormal ammo package of the attackers and the mysterious collapse of the mall this was obviously not an operation of simple dudes whose greatest accomplishment a few months ago was bombing churches.

describes covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities, groups or nations than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension be called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation.
Please, let us drop all this subterfuge people. We were told that the investigations are ongoing and we shall get answers according to our entitlement. I find it a bit callous to start insinuating that two foes who cannot see mouth to ear can jointly conspire to kill so many people in a third country. Some of these theories are too far fetched to hold any water. I will tell you one more competing theory to yours that is currently gaining traction and filling the information vacuum. "That the GoK knew well in advance about these dastardly attacks; yet deliberately decided to allow the murderers to attack; decided to bring in the Army not to stop the terrorists but the Recce guys who were effectively dealing with the shitheads. Command was taken over un-procedurally by force leaving our whole security set-up in total disarray and allowing the shit-bags to escape." I remember ON intimated that..."it was expedient:(  to bump off a fellow uniform from a sister agency". The reason why it was left to occur, so they say, was to create a crisis so the CiC could have a good reason for not going to Den Hague to attend to his small personal challenge.
I will be here asking the same questions in due time to clarify some of this confusion.

Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 17 Empty Westgate

Post  Gallahad Thu Oct 10 2013, 18:52

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-138924/westgate-operation-was-bungled-uhuru

Did the recce squad leave the site of an on-going operation?

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next