THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+64
mwenyeji
kimiti
Admin
gash
mwepesi
paladin
Ned Starks Head
Mbaine
habasweyne
Sisal Makonge
chui
Kamalet
UncleBoni
mekatilili
mbs
PatriotKenyan
obienga
MasterChief
Gallahad
nyukilized
Observer
Muratina
edmuiru
Kepler-Euler
leokweru
SIAT
GreyArea
areba
vince
Nesta
Batian
Interloper
georiise
Sierra Kilo
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
firewall
cylon
Balozi
Analyst
mJESHI mMOJA
SS Jamuhuri
Sayaret matkal
MWAURA
Al Bashir
mogen
tempest
mambotupu
Mkenya
Uzi
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
MOOZALENDO
Flying Crane
livefire
mchoraji
proud kenyan
pacifist
Kobooz
Spartan
Risasi
countersniper
jasiri
timoh
Olekoima
68 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:05

@Mooz.

In your last post above, there is substantively nothing (except your 'how dare you' - I DARE daily coz I must DARE, btw) that I find to disagree nor inconsistent with my view on the gist of it, views that I have persistently expressed in the past both at work and in society. Furthermore, except for your vectoring on a few choice (probably unwise) epithet that I spiced my earlier post with, I struggle to discover the connection between my post and your riposte - I don't consider yours a reply to mine, simply put. But that can't detract the depth of relevance and value in your post, views which I concur with like earlier said.

That said, so as to avoid apptearing to be heckling, and I will lead off by saying I respect all views on TEA whether I find them disagreeable or not. Forgive me if you found my earlier post disagreeable - those are my views, only my views.

@olekoima - indeed you are correct that this is an exchange forum for topical military/intelligence information and the possible political implications of such. But also due to this, TEA is a turbulent deep sea with sharks cycling from the scent of blood. Even Equipment Producers of Military-grade hardware, Consular Operatives, and a profusion of Uniformed and Civilian Intel & Defence types regular drink your Highlands TEA, aiseeei! That is the cause of the reticence with certain information from Uniforms here. It is not a deliberate effort NOT to inform - more likely TO disinform, if truth be told. Pole sana Kaka. Ina bidi.

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Haya basi, yaishe

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:17

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mooz.

In your last post above, there is substantively nothing that I find to disagree nor inconsistent  with my view on the gist of it, views that I have persistently expressed in the past  both at work and in society. Furthermore, except for your vectoring on a few choice (probably unwise) epithet that I spiced my earlier post with, I struggle to discover the  connection between my post and your riposte - I don't consider yours a reply to mine, simply put. But that can't detract the depth of relevance and value in your post, views which I concur with like earlier said.

That said, so as to avoid appearing to be heckling, and I will lead off by saying I respect all views on TEA whether I find them disagreeable or not. Forgive me if you found my earlier post disagreeable - those are my views, only my views.

@olekoima - indeed you are correct that this is an exchange forum for topical military/intelligence information and the possible political implications of such. But also due to this, TEA is a turbulent deep sea with sharks cycling from the scent of blood. Even Equipment Producers of Military-grade hardware, Consular Operatives, and a profusion of Uniformed and Civilian Intel & Defence types regular drink your Highlands TEA, aiseeei! That is the cause of the reticence with certain information from Uniforms here. It is not a deliberate effort NOT to inform - more likely TO disinform, if truth be told. Pole sana Kaka. Ina bidi.

@ON,

Basi, sina mengine ya kuongezea. I fall out!

Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Jun 16 2013, 13:21

ON,
Totally in agreement, whenever it is not possible to divulge details, we do understand and won't push for the same. For the sake of the forum, you will find us engaging as much as possible just to keep this site lively and as vibrant as possible. Nothing more and nobody should feel offended that we are doing this for this is the only site where we interact.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Sun Jun 16 2013, 14:07

At ON and Flying crane, whatever scrapes that are within this forums are indeed meant for public consumption, nothing to do with inferiority complex and neither is a sincere rebuttal nor doubt an act of indiscipline within the ranks. The blog thrives on a symbiotic relationship, with the uniforms getting most aspects of HUMINT from "us" besides maintaining the war games, ON and FC are always at this psychologically when it suits them....that aside. What will this blog be if its commandeered by utter testosterone? Comeon fellas, the commissioned soldiers in this blog are less than five, total respect to a myriad of proxxies too; if its classified intel we understand. we are just holding onto doubts, not in any way a right to information...
@Olekoima, the generals can be very mean with scrapes at times.
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 14:48

@ Livefire

The comments #Crane alluded to and which directed my rejoinder were posted in the "Regional " Chapter, not the "KDF" Chapter. Not your fault that both the two were placed in the wrong house. However were you to employ greater diligence prior to making contribution, which is sadly not a hallmark in the JAMII Forums, it is just possible you would have corrected and criticised this our specific error, and hence avoided the incongruous advice you gave.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am unrepentant and unwavering in those comments I made. As, indeed, I have no doubts is #Crane.

A supremacy contest between TEA Uniforms / Civilians has never been alluded to by anyone else prior to you doing so. And neither the intemperate disparaging of Uniforms as being testosterone-hyped, presumably then therefore unintelligent fellows that hide this inadequacy by any means including physiological blackmail. Eeiish, bana!

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Sun Jun 16 2013, 16:04

ole Nkarei wrote:@ Livefire

The comments #Crane alluded to and which directed my rejoinder were posted in the "Regional " Chapter, not the "KDF" Chapter. Not your fault that both the two were placed in the wrong house. However were you to employ greater diligence prior to making contribution, which is sadly not a hallmark in the JAMII Forums, it is just possible you would have corrected and criticised this our specific error, and hence avoided the incongruous advice you gave.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am unrepentant and unwavering in those comments I made. As, indeed, I have no doubts is #Crane.

A supremacy contest between TEA Uniforms / Civilians has never been alluded to by anyone else prior to you doing so. And neither the intemperate disparaging of Uniforms as being testosterone-hyped, presumably then therefore unintelligent fellows that hide this inadequacy by any means including physiological blackmail. Eeiish, bana!

You outwit me in literature and poetry; plus an apology from u indeed will be indeed pushing my luck too far.
Case of a wrong call from me maybe; but neither am i apologetic, friendly misfire, hehe. I was under the impression FC's commentary on subs were neatly tied to the eff fiteens, which if not i withdraw..
thanks for guidance.
Secondly, i am in no position to discredit the Uniforms when i say they are testosterone guided...i simply implied the robustness in replies put on the web when a variance in school of thoughts suffice. most civvies find it uncomfortable to put up and stand down to save face, not at all pitting one against the other.
Maybe you took it too hard, no offence jo....

livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 16 2013, 20:04

@livefire.

My bad, my bro. Sorry. And you are right I reached in deeper than was called for. My hand-to-forehead for you.

It is this Bashir / Kir dance that has got me nearly eating my Beret, man Now Kirr sends his chaps into two States across the border thinking he is clever pretending those are unsupported irregulars. Guess who has been egging him on, hey? They kick Bashir's backside so badly and get careless in their arrogance - and whole charade gets blown wide open. Bashir lashes out at Kir the only effective way and shuts down the pipelines with nearly a Billion Dollars worth of transiting Crude oil and half as much in holding tanks at the Port awaiting export. Kir issues a "threat" to Bashir that he will continue pumping from his oilfields into Bashir's closed Pipelines! WTF! Can you believe these two oxymorons, in Mt. Kenya's Name? And what with the new C-in-C a completely different driver from our former! I have had a not so good ten days, and barely human at this moment. Pole sana Kaka.

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Mon Jun 17 2013, 01:29

Much respect bro and apologies too.
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty EAGLES

Post  pacifist Mon Jun 17 2013, 12:07

Why would a buffalo make near daily flights from point A to point B in full daylight? They must be transporting something. Point A is  a logistics hub. So what is it they could be transporting? Well seeing as the same bird leaves in the morning and is back in the evening, it suggests limited scope of the operation. Probably only a few pilots and brass are in the loop. So why during the day? Could it be that during the night the “something” that is being transported has to moved along more visible routes and therefore the need for the cover of darkness? Rail? Road? From MSA to MAB? Then a hop to LAB? Could be. JUST IDLE CONJECTURE. Anyway the Eagles issue interests many members here for good reason. Thing is, Kenya is more in the market for fire extinguishers and not flamethrowers. It is highly unlikely we will be invaded any time soon. The air force has pilots trained in a variety of aircraft, should hostilities escalate with any of our neighbors, these pilots would simply board a plane and fly back some F15s or F16s or J10s or some SU27s. Good management demands we have excellent strategic air assets and so we plan for that over a long period. Besides any nation attacking Kenya should also be aware that the British have an entire army here and they should factor the meddlesomeness of the British in affairs of others (only applies if we are attacked by a vastly superior force eg if Uganda suddenly develops nukes). However we have fires in Congo, in Sudan in Somalia and all along our northern borders. These fires are our primary responsibility. They are issues that require deft maneuvering as only the 30th and MIC can deliver with the support of these strategic air assets. The Eagles are necessary but they are just a part of the puzzle. There is simply no need to obsess over them.

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 13:23

pacifist wrote:. Besides any nation attacking Kenya should also be aware that the British have an entire army here and they should factor the meddlesomeness of the British in affairs of others (only applies if we are .

Now, that sort of thinking is what gets my goat up no ends. Boss, the Brits scampered out of Kenya fifty years ago!!
That Strategic Thought - factoring the Brits in limited scope/duration Military engagement went OUT with LtGen. Miulinge - Gen. Tonje would have had you shot without Court Martial for just thinking silently in that vain, Kijana.

Without massive build-up of "stores" and Force-numbers well in advanc, BATUK has no capacity in terms of resource and mandate to influence any Military situation Kenya is likely to face - for crying loud, these chaps are not Superman! BATUK is more like Eldoret Basic School in TERM III and the chaps rotating through as as half-cooked as those KDF chaps in Isiolo Combat School during Second-Session! Except for the SpecOps chaps who are re-taking Desert and Mountain to keep their skills horned - and these chaps are few and isolated from the other "House-hold" type grunts.

Each Training Circle has about 3,000 Soldiers. Unsupported with equipment and ordnance for anything more than running around the landscape practising responses at Squad/Platoon, Unit and Corps level. Francois has a fully Mechanized Brigade in Mail making heavy weather of that situation, and full support of Rotary & Fixed Wing Combat and the might of Sammy's Hummint & Electronic Spinal.

Bro. That sort of thinking is why Francois will never lack relevance with the Francophone Nations, whose Social Structures crumble at the sound of an AK101 on full cyclic fire! Months after the UNSC asked them, ECOWAS has yet to deploy to their mandate in MALI because the cannot raise their aggressor-force to an effective level - after fifty years of planning National Defence around their almighty Colonizers. Eeiish, bans.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty general mulinge

Post  countersniper Mon Jun 17 2013, 13:41

i thought this is not correct? the underlined quote i mean... the rest is largely ok shall we say..

Now, that sort of thinking is what gets my goat up no ends. Boss, the Brits scampered out of Kenya fifty years ago!!
That Strategic Thought - factoring the Brits in limited scope/duration Military engagement went OUT with LtGen. Miulinge - Gen. Tonje would have had you shot without Court Martial for just thinking silently in that vain, Kijana.

mulinge was a full general  and Kenyas first full four star  General and not three stars(Lt general).

http://www.kenyahistory.co.ke/personalities.php?pg=personalities&id=45

http://www.ijaranews.com/maqaallo.php?subaction=showfull&id=1301366687&archive&start_from&ucat=2&
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:52

@C.sniper
That is dead-centre correct. An inadvertent error. The fabled old lion was way before my cub-days and most of what legends abound about him even today are his exploits as ElTee.Gen. My class was weaned on "Tonje-Tusker"!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Tue Jun 18 2013, 10:53

@Moozalendo, In reference to your postulation at the top of this page.

The sheer mention of this "3rd-World-Africa" and Co, pushes one's mind to the fragmented limits of abstraction - that rattles, jolts and explodes like an intricately designed drum-solo. This objective "Banner-headline" within some Elite-African-psychologists, lends an air of unconscious integrity to the part, a quality of reflective introspection that acts as an amazingly effective ballast against the incomplete implausibility of it's continued survival. Sticking our figures into this kind of a conundrum is frenetic to the point of crazy, while achieving a mark that barely exceeds mediocre.

@Mzaalendo, You might have failed to notice that, irregardless of your divergent point-to-point execution of this 'African-scenario' with other forummers here, plus your crystal-clear resentment which engulfed the 'Regional-page' as it concerns this our "Hate-love" r/ship with the West, you induced so much amped-up energy that might drive a topic off-road - in relevance to the notion set, though a bit infamous.

For one to get an iota of understanding as to where/how Africa came to find itself where it is right now, one needs to have a look at the basics which might have peddled such multi-paralleled Societal-encampment on the same Global-stage! (a) Which supernatural creature is to blame for all this? (The Bible/Quran/Buddha-book etc)... Your pick. (b) And if one totally fails to notice any trail of proof of some meddling by Super-naturalism, then one has to find out what exactly was going on in Africa in the First & Second Millenniums to the extend of being 'left behind' by other human races. Were there any people living in Africa? or Was Evolution at its best here? [Consider the fact that the "Cradle of Mankind" is located in Kenyana/Africa. A coincidence?]. And remember that any boy out there who knows a few English words & how to hold a pen can be a partaker in writing "HISTORY". If you try to dissect those two questions, then you will definitely be in a position to understand what I was putting across in the 1st paragraph. It's sad, But it's how every 'story' ends. Even @ole Nkarei is a victim of the mystery behind these phenomenons for Christs sake! There might even be no sane-Kenyan who knows why we assimilate their Defence structures or Military formations & everything in general. And many other chaps too who might not be knowing why we are not making our own stuff. Then add to that the naked dis-parity entrenching around Individuals-psychological setting & Competence around the world which might have entirely caused what you were talking about here:
Mzaalendo wrote: ...These are the scourge that has turned Africa into a continent of hoardes of starving & sickly people; who but for their own skin, could not be differentiated  from the most acerbic colonialist and racists. It is a measure of Africa's [u]tragedy[u/] ...

I'm sure that this African-story is dispassionate, But I'm totally convinced that it's quite within spitting distance of greatness.

Bottom-line; We can never out-run who we are and what we made ourselves into, it's gradual. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. Nevertheless, We are now waking up to smell the coffee & there is a reward, for that matter. And get it right from me; Nobody gives a flying f*ck about how 'they' are going to reciprocate towards this development, 'they' must swim along in close-proximity lest 'they' become irrelevant. They have extremely looted a lot from us, And you know; When what you love has been taken from you, you wanna know the truth. It changes things. That "knowledge". Doesn't it?
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  pacifist Tue Jun 18 2013, 23:34

ole Nkarei wrote:
That Strategic Thought - factoring the Brits in limited scope/duration Military engagement  

I purposely mentioned nukes in the same argument so as to avoid being accused of boot-licking the Brits. However i understand your discomfort all too well. That said, i have comprehensively dealt with such issues as to fully and personally be under no illusions. Whether inferior or superior to reality. Have a productive week guys.

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 19 2013, 16:13

These names -Chai Town, Crazy Town, Sammy, Uncle Woo, Johnny, Boers, Francois, Pharaohs, Ruskies, etc, are really just but recognisable nomeclatures that is intended for blended usage, very spontaneous and without intents to give offence. A growth of forum lexicon, so to speak. Non is irreplaceable, at any one time. So, let's blow up any which anyone considers giving offence mara moja.

But still, now that it is in the public dormaine the Nairobi is the British Government Centre for unrequited and illicit espionage in All of Subsahara, not just on African Governments but on Corporates and all manner of Civilians, has the British denied this blatantly hostile acts against friendly States and Peoples? Cameron officially reacted by stating that HMG does "not comment on Intelligence Matters"! "Love-Hate" relationship? More like a "Master" locked in misplaced illusions of his Past, if truth be told.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Jun 19 2013, 22:08

I don't think whether there is anything wrong with the synonyms. Very important to many other chaps out there. My own opinion.

Unless I read about a "Bandit-King" in TEA. Very Happy Very Happy
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Jun 20 2013, 08:32

If we are going to restrict ourselves to only the formal identities of those we refer to, this will end up being the most boring blog as yet.To me these are small issues that shouldn't be really derailing us, our blog is about military stuff & I hope we let it remain as such.What I refer the subject of my discussion as, so long as mnaelewa, isn't really here or there.my take

ole Nkarei wrote:These names -Chai Town, Crazy Town, Sammy, Uncle Woo, Johnny, Boers, Francois, Pharaohs, Ruskies, etc, are really just but recognisable nomeclatures that is intended for blended usage, very spontaneous and without intents to give offence. A growth of forum lexicon, so to speak.  Non is irreplaceable, at any one time. So, let's blow up any which anyone considers giving offence mara moja.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty USARMY Destroying Usd7Billion of War Stores in Afghanistan prior to drawback-ing in 2014!! Dammmn!!

Post  Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 16:58

Aisseeiii!!  No words! A MRAPs costs upwards of Usd1Million!  And 2245 of them will be sent to the scrap-yards in China!!  Amongst other stuff we would trade an arm and a leg for just some of!! Eiiish!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/scrapping-equipment-key-to-afghan-drawdown/2013/06/19/9d435258-d83f-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html?hpid=z1

@Mchoraji - there was expressed some bridled sensibilities about those names by@Mooz.   I have no problem with them either.  But that option is exercised by every free man on these TEA Pages, I reckon!  Ama?

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Jun 20 2013, 17:16

Hope in my post I don't appear to be disparaging another forumer's view.But I hold a contrary opinion to his.That's the point I was putting across

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mchoraji - there was expressed some bridled sensibilities about those names by@Mooz.   I have no problem with them either.  But that option is exercised by every free man on these TEA Pages, I reckon!  Ama?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty WHATS THIS? SOMALIA ORDERS KDF OUT OF SOMALIA WITHIN 48 HOURS?

Post  countersniper Fri Jun 21 2013, 08:55

I hope this is a joke .but the price of helping these guys is sting in the back., if this is true   then Kenya should support sheikh madobe and the other self declared Somali states to the fullest extent and let the chips fall where they be.
i hope its only an  internet rumor
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Fri Jun 21 2013, 10:10

Do they have the capacity to throw them out? If Amisom was to leave the sheikh to his devices, his 'government' wouldn't last a day more.Unfortunately they may start targeting our men with explosive devices & stuff but all in all I also hope it's a rumour.I think the Jubaland wananchi love KDF-Amisom

countersniper wrote:I hope this is a joke .but the price of helping these guys is sting in the back., if this is true   then Kenya should support sheikh madobe and the other self declared Somali states to the fullest extent and let the chips fall where they be.
i hope its only an  internet rumor

Meanwhile a nice photo of officers from the Kenyan & Ugandan contingents in Mogadishu yesterday

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 113
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:26

SOMALIA ORDERS KDF OUT OF SOMALIA WITHIN 48 HOURS?

Which Government speaks in Somalia and from where?  It is a musical symphony in that land, except there are no conductors and the music is discordant loud noises.  

Is anyone under any illusion that Alkeebab are not in the SFG and in all other Regional Government, and trying to force accommodation into the Jubbaland Government of Madobe, too? Alkeebab are those same Somali leaders in all their spheres and different groupings. Violence has become enculturalized and a legitimate facet of political discussion in Somalia.  

Or that Somali leaders have not been trying to use AMISOM as their own clan-centric Mercenaries, and will love and hate you depending on which clan or the other you are perceived to be playing fiddler music for?

Wakisema(na wakiweza Kusema:D) turudi nyumbana, basi, tuko na nyumbana kwetu, jamani.  

Alafu?

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Mchoraji, not to worry!

Post  MOOZALENDO Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:40

mchoraji wrote:Hope in my post I don't appear to be disparaging another forumer's view.But I hold a contrary opinion to his.That's the point I was putting across

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mchoraji - there was expressed some bridled sensibilities about those names by@Mooz.   I have no problem with them either.  But that option is exercised by every free man on these TEA Pages, I reckon!  Ama?

@Mchoraji,

Feel at liberty to use the names (call names) but my worry was when it seemed like the names were channels of perhaps -ve energy/feeling (no offense intended). I have no problem using nicknames in jest though!
Mooz

Last edited by MOOZALENDO on Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inclusion of new entry in quote..)
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty @ON, Ati nini?

Post  MOOZALENDO Fri Jun 21 2013, 11:50

ole Nkarei wrote:
SOMALIA ORDERS KDF OUT OF SOMALIA WITHIN 48 HOURS?

Which Government speaks in Somalia and from where?  It is a musical symphony in that land, except there are no conductors and the music is discordant loud noises.  

Is anyone under any illusion that Alkeebab are not in the SFG and in all other Regional Government, and trying to force accommodation into the Jubbaland Government of Madobe, too? Alkeebab are those same Somali leaders in all their spheres and different groupings. Violence has become enculturalized and a legitimate facet of political discussion in Somalia.  

Or that Somali leaders have not been trying to use AMISOM as their own clan-centric Mercenaries, and will love and hate you depending on which clan or the other you are perceived to be playing fiddler music for?

Wakisema(na wakiweza Kusema:D) turudi nyumbana, basi, tuko na nyumbana kwetu, jamani.  

Alafu?

@ON,
Although I know that sometimes our brothers speak out of emotion, the elephant in the room has not as much as been sized up! Is there capacity to actually administer Chai and hinterland when the challenges of administering the immediate crazy town area are so numerous? Is mkubwa saying that he is ready to pick up that slack on behalf of EA? If not, then responsibility "comes with the territory", so shall he accept to be held responsible for any outcomes including negatives on neighbours? It seems to me that there is a tragic miscalculation somewhere in crazy town!
Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21 2013, 13:22

Moozalendo wrote:... but my worry was when it seemed like the names were channels of perhaps -ve energy/feeling (no offense intended)...
 And that is well understood, bro, and good to bring it up - negative energy makes no progress in intellectual discourse, I reckon.  You know, Mooz, most of what I am is founded by the Brits, and horned by the Americans.  I have studied their history as well as possible within my circumstances in service to better understand their thinly-veiled pretentions to neocolonialism despite their repeated platter of one-man platitudes in most global social gatherings.  Not to prepare for a time of possible war with them, but to better fight for my space in any pool that I must swim with them.  I do not detest them, but I cannot say the same about most of their global geopolitically-inspired initiatives, brother.  I distrust them completely, unequivocally.
 It seems to me that there is a tragic miscalculation somewhere in crazy town! 
You recall during the earlier days of the Nairobi Chronicles when #Spartan and his brothers went into Crazy Town, and i opined, a bit insensitively, that we would have to get in there to pull them out of that mire?  I am not picking a fight with our Ugandan brothers, Hell, it is doubtful that any other east African Armed Grouping would have slogged it out with Alkeebab and posted the results managed by the UPDF in such a space of time and at that expense and sacrifice;  but they know as well as any uniform that the game-changer in AMISOM's involvement in Somalia (which generated a scattering /smashing of the tactical and strategic back of AlKeebab - allowed vital breakouts in whole Theatres)) was the jump-off of KDF into OLN.  However the devil in this Crazy Town mess has been the repeatedly illusions in the Ruling Class in that town that AMISOM (and therefore UPDF) are mercenaries at the beck and call of their narrow sectarian nonsense, and not at the imperative of the Somali Nation.  It is absolutely admirable the job that Gen Guti has done thus far in keeping a lid on this explosive maneno with his careful political manoeuvres of his difficult mandate in AMISOM.  Now, because kDoD has determined to continue domesticating the Operational Oversight of KDF/AMISOM to Kenya's peculiar National interests, and not into an integrated mode within AMISOM in Crazy Town, the Political cabal in Crazy Town feel justifiably uncomfortable with this large Armed Grouping in Chai Town, in which they appear not to have any threat-influence over - not to mean that Gen Guti is dancing to them at all , hell no, not in the least.  But an integrate Command has greater abilities to react without divergence, and might be persuaded to do so to the interests of the narrow cabal in crazy Town.
"  Is there capacity to actually administer Chai and hinterland when the challenges of administering the immediate crazy town area are so numerous? Is mkubwa saying that he is ready to pick up that slack on behalf of EA? If not, then responsibility "comes with the territory", so shall he accept to be held responsible for any outcomes including negatives on neighbours?

Clearly there is a new urgent impetus in Nairobi for a accelerated actualization of the pacification of Somalia, at the least into a depth extending into Shabelle, Bay and Bikool.  The Refugees will not leave unless that happens, or is seem to be happening - as a benchmark confidence-expressing measure.  And with this large mass of poorly policed, poorly organized, refugees straddling LAPSSET, the Northern oilfields of DRC/Uganda/GoSS/Turkana will remain a concept on paper.  Lamu will not attract private capital which it must to get off and run.  The New C-in-C is the complete opposite of the venerated Old C-in-C, and I tell you, everyone with any command-control has a fire lit under his backside, more so the chaps in kD0D (the 'little office'' too!). The fortunate thing is that EAC-Expanded Vital Interests in Somalia are mirrored now in their Individual National interests of members states including Somalia itself - by gawd!! And the means political and military, to sort this matter is overwhelmingly present, despite the interference of Johnny and his European Cousins - Sammy is seated out of this.  Without doubts, the new C-in-C desires a pacified Jubbaland with or without Crazy Town's blessings, and an empowered, politically & militarily-supported Jubbaland government will be in place before long, whether Sheikh Mahmoud desires it or not. That will effectively administer Chai Town and near-hinterlands, with the lurking hulking presence of KDF just seating and waiting!  A for the Risk-Benefits of this new aggressively posturing by the "Mkubwas" - hell, Imagine Jubbaland integrated into the EAC-Expanded?  Imagine the multiplier effects in Somalia (at this time in its national life) and to the EAC-expanded?  That is the vision, which has seen a rapprochement of the Cabal in Crazy Town with Alkeebab to counter developments in Jubbaland. 

AMISOM must / WILL now break out Southwards, and Northwards, pivoting Weswards into Bay and Bikool, and pushing into Hiiraan with the Ethiopians. Anything else is playing this senseless waiting game of the Cabal in Crazy Town and their western handlers. So, AMISOM in Crazy Town keeps these crazy town mandarins' heads down, AMISOM in Chai Town ensures a balance of power in Lower Somali that preponderantly supports the formation of Jubbaland.  Soon, our brothers will come home, I hope!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Jun 21 2013, 17:20

@ ole Nkarei, I remember you writing about how KDF would have to jump in before our asses got beat by the Shabaab. Have you researched you lineage for traces of sorcerers? LaughingLaughing.

KDF's problems with the Mogadishu government are akin to the ones the US got with the Karzai government in Afghanistan. Having reasoned that the Kabul government was weak and not committed to talks with the Taliban, the US went ahead to negotiate with the Taliban. When the Taliban turned up in Qatar with all the trappings of a state entity, complete with flags and other paraphernalia, Karzai felt blindsided and withdrew from the talks.

Like the US in Afghanistan, KDF moved into Somalia hot on the heels of an enemy that had attacked Kenya, and the dealings with the subsequent weak governments in the host country were an arrangement of convenience. While both the Mogadishu and Kabul governments are weak and probably would collapse without the help of outsiders, they are very sensitive to being perceived as being either puppets or not fully in control (which they aren't, really). That is my small analysis of the problem.

Kenya needs to assuage the ego of the Somali government from time to time, however insufferable that may be. The stakes are too high for us to fail
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Jun 21 2013, 17:56

Spartan wrote:@ ole Nkarei, I remember you writing about how KDF would have to jump in before our asses got beat by the Shabaab. Have you researched you lineage for traces of sorcerers? LaughingLaughing.

KDF's problems with the Mogadishu government are akin to the ones the US got with the Karzai government in Afghanistan. Having reasoned that the Kabul government was weak and not committed to talks with the Taliban, the US went ahead to negotiate with the Taliban. When the Taliban turned up in Qatar with all the trappings of a state entity, complete with flags and other paraphernalia, Karzai felt blindsided and withdrew from the talks.

Like the US in Afghanistan, KDF moved into Somalia hot on the heels of an enemy that had attacked Kenya, and the dealings with the subsequent weak governments in the host country were an arrangement of convenience. While both the Mogadishu and Kabul governments are weak and probably would collapse without the help of outsiders, they are very sensitive to being perceived as being either puppets or not fully in control (which they aren't, really). That is my small analysis of the problem.

Kenya needs to assuage the ego of the Somali government from time to time, however insufferable that may be. The stakes are too high for us to fail

i couldn,t have jotted it in any other better way.............spot on.
p/s my opinion
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty uhuru heads to russia top visit armaments factories as obama comes next door.

Post  countersniper Sun Jun 23 2013, 21:57

so it seems those F15 Are going to be a pipe dream ? if uhuru is now dealing openly with the RUSSIANS? Kenya has never been this openly hostile to western interests by courting Russians in such brazen ways.

i foresee a  backlash in the not so distant future.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000086616&story_title=uhuru-heads-east-as-obama-jets-in-africa
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jun 24 2013, 13:29

Dear Mr. President,
Allow me to first take a minute to wonder at how strong your body must be. In the 3 months you have been in power, you have traveled almost as much as Kibaki did in his entire 10 years! That said sir let me now go to the business at hand.

A little bird tell me you are travelling yet again. This time, the little bird says, you will be going to Uganda, Russia, China, Japan, Malaysia and Sri Lanka in one big round trip! You must be really intent on giving Ruto a crash course in running the country coz for two weeks he will effectively be the most powerful man in Kenya.
When you land in Entebe, please have someone take a picture of those Ugandan Su-30's. I only get to see them on the internet and i would love to have a personal picture of them with a date stamp at the bottom right corner. As you are driven through the streets please make sure your roof is firmly closed and bolted. I saw a Ugandan mayor's car full of more smoke than Ole Nkarei and Olekoima's manyatta! I hear he tried to make noise in the streets of Kampala and Ugandan security smoked him out. 

Speaking of Ugandan security you must convey my personal greetings to the only Ugandan top shots i know, Spartan, Flying Crane and Aggressor One. As you sit down with Museveni, tell him of theese three UPDF soldiers who have held their own against a constant barrage of attacks from us Kenyans on TEA. Tell him i personally recommend the following medals for them 
1. Fying Crane: Elder of The Burning Pen. I have witnessed his hard work as he improves his English from some once incoherent assembly of words to the smooth flowing English he now has.
2. Spartan: Medal of Calmness. This man was just impossible. It was impossible to address even a comma to him without him jumping at your jugular, nowadays it hardly seems like we converse with the same person. in fact, it has sucked out all the fun from quoting or addressing him directly.
3. Aggressor One: Medal of the Crouching Leopard. Seriously, where does this guy hide? He's never around when expected and pops out when least expected.
Be sure to pass my regards to Besigye, tell him Kenya has more than enough space for more rabble rousers.

As you head out to Moscow, i cant help but imagine the confusion the Russians would be having. Here you are, in the Rodina, intent on penning armament and investment deals while your father flatly rejected 'gifts' from the Soviet Union! That is water under the bridge now right? While you are there, convince them to set up an armoured assembly plant for us. Tell them also that we will probably be in the market for new fighters since we now evidently cant trust the Americans. sir, stay away from any clear liquid in Russia. Those people have a neat trick of substituting water for vodka! Imagine how the streets of Nairobi will be once the activists get a picture of that!

I wish i was with you as you crossed over to the red dragons lair, Beijing. I would bring out my African drum and drum a song of thanks for the Chinese. Let's be honest, would we even be thinking of Vision 2030 if the Woo family hadn't passed by our neighbourhood? Carry some yams for them as a show of thanks and tell Xi Jinping we really didn't notice he bypassed us on his Africa visit, we were busy unloading equipment for the Lamu Port. Remind them again of the enormous potential we have as a nation for investment. In fact, pull the boss of Huang Pu or Hudong shipyard aside and tell him of this wonderful little venture you have thinking of. This venture involves them making a partnership with either Africa Marine or Southern Marine and expanding their capacity to enable them dry dock much larger ships and build modern ones too. Get the boss of SAIC and tell him how impressive his MG6 Turbo chase cars look in Kenya Police colours. Tell him of your manifesto plan to motorise the Police and tell him he will get the contract if he sets up a manufacturing plant here in Kenya (he has to be convinced you are not bluffing)

Im not sure if you will get to see the Kuala Lumpur skyline as you land in Malaysia. I hear the Indonesians have done one better than the Ugandans and smoked an entire nation! Please make sure you carry a mask with you, if you come back coughing Robert Alai and Kahawa Tungu are going to have a field day spreading rumours about your health. While you are there, show them that picture of you in Sagana state lodge. Yes, the one you looked so relaxed amidst the pristine greenery of Nyeri. Tell them this is how the whole of Kenya is and that they are free to move to Kenya on tourist visas to enjoy clean air for some time until the Indonesians get bored of their 'smoke them out' game.

When you get to Colombo, pass my condolences to the Sri Lankans. I really dont understand how a Calvin Klein boxer is more valuable than an average Sri Lankan's life. At the summit, make sure the Queen understands that we are no longer a colony and that we have a right to self rule and determination. Consequenty, they should stop behaving like they have the title deed to this country. Pass my greetings to Mugabe if he makes his way there.

Have a safe and productive trip sir.

Yours ever patriotic,
Jasiri.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Uhuru Going East

Post  Spartan Mon Jun 24 2013, 13:47

Jasiri, you've made my day with that satirical piece. It certainly would leave Joachim Buwembo of The East Africa satire column chasing dust.

I am sure H.E Uhuru has more pressing business to discuss with the ole Man (and Kagame, who I hear is jetting in specifically). But if in passing he asks for some advice on Russian weapons, the ole Man is reknown for giving unsolicited advice, so why not. And btw, the pilots of the SU-30s completed their training early this month, so the one below is the latest pic of those birds, just not date-stamped:lol:Laughing
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 1010925_662563230424398_1077118645_n

I've always had this feeling that Kenya's marriage with western weaponry is at it's tails end. Not because the love has died, but because of geopolitical and financial considerations of our western allies, as well as the rapid advancement, and pocket friendly prices, of Eastern weaponry.

This year's Paris Air Show for instance, featured NO SINGLE WESTERN FIGHTER PLANE(American or British) . This was a symbolic surrendering of the skies to the Russians and their marquee piece, the SU-35, and it didn't go unnoticed.

We train together in military exercises, we are aiming for a monetary and political union in the not-so-many decades to come, and have the East African Standby Brigade. How long is it going to be made of infantry battalions? If and when it gets an air wing, pilots and technicians should be able to come from any contributing country and with a minimum conversion course, get the hang of things. That can only happen if we're on similar technology.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next