THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+38
Mbaine
Kepler-Euler
UncleBoni
mekatilili
aggressor one
Fabrizio
mwepesi
mambotupu
tempest
vince
MWAURA
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Ole Sidai
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
livefire
MOOZALENDO
timoh
Balozi
chui
areba
Al Bashir
SS Jamuhuri
Analyst
Batian
jasiri
kimiti
Sierra Kilo
Flying Crane
Spartan
mbs
Observer
countersniper
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
mogen
42 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Batian Thu May 24 2012, 16:26

To Ole Nkarei, CounterSniper, and............Crew...................... this is what I was talking about previously after incidentally stumbling upon something lovely for analysis and to chill on. Maybe you have it somewhere. Media-detractors needs to be asked if something rings a bell, and need to be reminded, whether there was much drum-beating, ululations, and champaign-popping during the fall of Afmadhow. I disagree with its aspect that KDF is co-ordinating joint ops With Ethiopia. or Am >I missing something?
Source:
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 24 2012, 17:06

Efrommers wrote:To Ole Nkarei, CounterSniper, and............Crew...................... this is what I was talking about previously after incidentally stumbling upon something lovely for analysis and to chill on. Maybe you have it somewhere. Media-detractors needs to be asked if something rings a bell, and need to be reminded, whether there was much drum-beating, ululations, and champaign-popping during the fall of Afmadhow. I disagree with its aspect that KDF is co-ordinating joint ops With Ethiopia. or Am >I missing something?
Source:

@Efrommers - I said earlier above that KDF Media Briefs were ordered discontinued on the orders from KDF Political Oversight (Ole Man) on the recommendations of the AMISOM Theatre Commander (Ugandan) though his oversight (M7) for reasons that cannot be discounted although we in KDF didnt agree they outweighed all other considerations - specifically, modern Military interface with Civilian population during War. Unlike with you, the Military Command Structure is not idealist nor is it relative to circumstance - a Court Martial looms threateningly over your shoulder when Orders-come-down. The little morsels Risasi, myself and other Uniforms dole out here are not sanctioned - not official. Could get into some bit of bother, you know. But, we can be circumspect about it, and the rest of you make intelligent conclusions or suppositions from them - and we have done pretty well thus far, I reckon. Which includes an ability to sift through the Media Bul..hit by the sort of ''journalists'' you make reference to. Hiyo tuu!!

@Jas - well done, young eagle. Very Happy My pulse rate went up as I waited your answer to the bullet-man's trick query. Hehehe,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 24 2012, 18:25

Efrommers wrote:@Ole Nkarei........I was simply pondering on the question on how the destiny of Somalia is being shaped militarily and also through pen and paper. Since there is very little information in the grasp of the media on KDF operations, one would wonder why journalists of Rasna's caliber would trade their basic nitty-gritty ethics of professional journalism for the one of connecting the dots. The one dignified by Vitruvian and co. This makes it easy to know who bought their way up the profession or if they merited their position. EA is not left behind from this "media-madness" that employs conjecturism and journalistic-flairs as a direct result of independent/part-time journalists flogging the scene. The type of reporting that can quickly be identified and connected to CHARLES-Onyango-Obbo's type that makes a whole head-of-state uncomfortable. It's not worth forgetting as the curtain nearly falls on the player's events in Somalia, it's a matter of individual survival for military planners, observers, and reporters alike. History is in the making, but also, history is writing itself. I assure you none of this media-madness will feature anywhere in the future when talking about Somalia. Shall we be wrong ourselves to quickly connect the dots on AMISOM's effectiveness? The pay-masters are purposely making AMISOM's effectiveness blunt. This is not new. We have seen this all over the continent. The Paymasters have resulted to throw a little discord here, a little antagonism in the way, as a desperate means to obscure KDF's forward movement. With the current budgetary allocations and approval for KDF operations, its media engagement must be recommissioned to avoid effects of such anarchic reporting.

@Efrommers, it is in the natural order of things that when a vacuum exists, something will come in and fill it. You cannot go against that grain or whine that the vacuum was filled with something you don't like when you could have filled it in yourself.
This "you're either with us or against us" philosophy is a dangerous thing. It inevitably leads to polarisation where otherwise there would have been none.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 24 2012, 20:35

Vitruvian wrote:.... it is in the natural order of things that when a vacuum exists, something will come in and fill it. You cannot go against that grain or whine that the vacuum was filled with something you don't like when you could have filled it in yourself.
This "you're either with us or against us" philosophy is a dangerous thing. It inevitably leads to polarisation where otherwise there would have been none.

So, ‘’natural order of things”, eh? That justifies the ‘’means’’, no? that simplistic? And subtly convenient? Any dissimilar to - as ‘’Good’’ is absent, so logically ‘’Evil’’ must freely reign? Vitruvian, that is abstract, putting it politely. I reckon that ‘’style’’ is more probably needful of some styling!!

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu May 24 2012, 22:01

[quote="Olekoima"]
cylon wrote:And it looks like the Jasiri will port at home finally only "IF" Parliament approves the funds to pay off the vessel completely.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000058689&pageNo=1

Jasiri? There were rumors that it was headed to Nigeria.

I guess there just that rumors if parliament approves the funds the ship could finally come home.

@jas are u training to be a pilot??

Last edited by cylon on Fri May 25 2012, 00:09; edited 1 time in total
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu May 24 2012, 22:31

@ON it really is the most basic of pre-flight checks. Without that you are screwed for elevation. Too bad the bullet man asks questions then disappears, rem the Tanzanian Defence Force S.A.M question? Cool
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25 2012, 08:43

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:.... it is in the natural order of things that when a vacuum exists, something will come in and fill it. You cannot go against that grain or whine that the vacuum was filled with something you don't like when you could have filled it in yourself.

So, ‘’natural order of things”, eh? That justifies the ‘’means’’, no? that simplistic? And subtly convenient? Any dissimilar to - as ‘’Good’’ is absent, so logically ‘’Evil’’ must freely reign? Vitruvian, that is abstract, putting it politely. I reckon that ‘’style’’ is more probably needful of some styling!!

Natural order is not necessarily just. It is neither natural nor divine law. It follows a practical and predictable course. It is not a human invention and therefore devoid of moral restrictions. Thus, a vacuum will be filled by fresh air, if it is present, or by a poisonous gas. Or, indeed, nothing at all if there is nothing to fill it.
Likewise, when Good is absent, logically, Evil WILL reign. We need not look beyond our political establishment to understand that but we can if we want to and realise the same.
Natural order is simplistic and my post was certainly an exercise in abstraction. As to its convenience, well, that would be suggesting that ... Hmm, I don't really know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri May 25 2012, 09:38

@observer. ON is one of the key contributors on the forum. His like a rain cloud once he passes all the frogs start croaking and emerging from their holes.
Also note that KDF has other types of military strikes other than surgical strike.
@jasiri CC to: ON I will know if someone is assisting the young eagle from his answers. hahah Laughing
Kazi kazi pia hapa…..what about Tanzanian Defence Force S.A.M what question do you have jas?

@forum from my personal two cents and not an official stand is. I feel the MoU is a “give the dog a bone” maneno. The media and the public want a reason for the delay well here is one. go fetch and chew it boy while we sort out some internal wrangles. It’s a legitimate one but not the crucial issue.

The critical issue still lay in balancing the regional players after the incursion and post OLN. The triangle lies between Ras Kamboni rivalry with the TFG and the two, rivalry with Ex-AS jump ships whom KDF wants to include in the future of the region as a motivating token.
Ethiopia’s concern on the separate state (jubaland), which might encourage internal uprising in the ogaden region. Based on that, Ethiopia wants to be part and parcel of the tide changing force in order to insert a representative person in the future jubaland governing body.

As OLN we need to juggle and appease
1.TGF the official landlord.
2.the Ras Kamboni ally the closest militia next to LAPSSET aka The Lamu corridor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamu_Port_and_Lamu-Southern_Sudan-Ethiopia_Transport_Corridor
in order to manage arms proliferation with in the area.
3 . A.S Defectors (command level) for creating green zone to avoid unnecessary collateral and blood shade during the final incursion in order to attain a peaceful stay with the community thereafter. This are current burning issue.
We need time to fix the puzzle.

My personal otonglo.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri May 25 2012, 10:29

Vitruvian wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Natural order is not necessarily just. It is neither natural nor divine law. It follows a practical and predictable course. It is not a human invention and therefore devoid of moral restrictions. Thus, a vacuum will be filled by fresh air, if it is present, or by a poisonous gas. Or, indeed, nothing at all if there is nothing to fill it.
Likewise, when Good is absent, logically, Evil WILL reign.

Quite a bit of philosophical back and forth there. I think what Vitruvian meant, especially when it comes to information, is that there can never be a vacuum. And in the case of the last three or four months, KDF is letting everybody else frame the narrative, so to speak. So, will the real KDF please stand up?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25 2012, 11:01

oopps!!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Fri May 25 2012, 11:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25 2012, 11:01

Right on the nose, Bullet Man, and thanks for the CAS. Some high-up instructed a disengagement, and then some other higher-up softly suggested an occasional visit was appropriate anyway. Plus I love it here.

Lemme add abit more to your weighty ''Otonglo'' in response to @Observer – the MOU is also the political acronym for the convoluted discussions to harmonise Regional Strategic Objectives of AMISOM into the Medium-term with individual Nation’s Strategic Interests. And a practical interpretation of Theatre Command Structure in relations to this MOU. It makes sense from a Geopolitical and Practical point for M7 (and LtGen. GUTI) to run Point in AMISOM as a counterweight to ENDF and KDF vide TFG. But the converse is the perennial UG and KE rivalry inevitably also weighs in. AU is determined that the AMISOM MOU be a template of Regional Blocks’ Military Intervention efforts going into future, and is painstakingly deliberate going about this MOU. But AS is not growing new limbs; hell, the implosion has reached a tipping point now – just yesterday, Godane was shamelessly and in public denouncing all connection past and present with AS!! AS is done.

@Spartan - hehehe. Damn right you are. But I just cannot get a clear shot at Vitruvian!! Anyhow, we are back here, ain't we? And when Sector Ops resume, the Media Briefs will be in full-flight - see how agreeable the Legislature has become about OLN/KDF - all mostly due to Col Oguna? Just this week, USD240Million granted without a whimper!! Hehehe!!

@Cylon - Jas is in Civilian Flight School, with a few of us ''riding shotgun'' on him for eventual National Duty. Smile

@Jas - that SF Pic is old school, man. Kiting is now different and appropriate. But, damn, see how tight that stick of 6! Oh, and the Camo Paint breaks up your silhouette making definition from a distance hazy - see the BDU patterns?. Without Camo paint, being Black as we are does not make it any better than being a ''Whitey''. Hehehe!! :lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri May 25 2012, 11:48

ole Nkarei wrote:It makes sense from a Geopolitical and Practical point for M7 (and Lt. Gen. GUTI) to run Point in AMISOM as a counterweight to ENDF and KDF vide TFG. But the converse is the perennial UG and KE rivalry inevitably also weighs in.

Noticed that there's an OLN hangover here. When KDF was under the banner of OLN in Som, KDF was free to support the likes of Ras Kamboni, non state armed groups - that kind of thing is not allowed when in UN-backed dispensation. Kenya has to work with the TFG, one way or another.

Granted, the current TFG has 'a little' allegiance to Uganda, which is not surprising since without us they would not be in power. But come 20 August 2012, Kenya can throw its wait behind any of the candidates. Geopolitics or not, we have to beat the Al Shabaab first
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25 2012, 12:23

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:It makes sense from a Geopolitical and Practical point for M7 (and Lt. Gen. GUTI) to run Point in AMISOM as a counterweight to ENDF and KDF vide TFG. But the converse is the perennial UG and KE rivalry inevitably also weighs in.

Noticed that there's an OLN hangover here. When KDF was under the banner of OLN in Som, KDF was free to support the likes of Ras Kamboni, non state armed groups - that kind of thing is not allowed when in UN-backed dispensation. Kenya has to work with the TFG, one way or another.

Granted, the current TFG has 'a little' allegiance to Uganda, which is not surprising since without us they would not be in power. But come 20 August 2012, Kenya can throw its wait behind any of the candidates. Geopolitics or not, we have to beat the Al Shabaab first

@Spartan – easy, bro. It is not an OLN hangover at all. You misread. What I meant by M7 riding ‘’Point’’ in AMISOM as a vital counterweight between ENDF and KDF is that because Somalia is too close to clear socio-economic realities in both Countries, the likelihood of AMISOM unraveling into Geopolitical Military and Political conflict without M7 and UPDF in it are real and present. Though Uganda too has evident strategic reasons for her engagement in AMISOM, M7 and UPDF give critical balance which keeps the focus on the general Regional Objectives of AMISOM. But make no mistake about it, finding a formula that addresses these Ethiopia / Kenya unique national interests post-AS is the devil of the piece. Ours are as clear and poignant today / tomorrow as pre-Shifta War, will not change regardless – whether the ‘pawns’ Madobe or Gaadi or whoever is running Jubaland / Azania or Somalia So do those of Ethiopia from pre-Ogaden War.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Fri May 25 2012, 12:52

Vitruvian wrote:
Efrommers wrote:@Ole Nkarei........I was simply pondering on the question on how the destiny of Somalia is being shaped militarily and also through pen and paper. Since there is very little information in the grasp of the media on KDF operations, one would wonder why journalists of Rasna's caliber would trade their basic nitty-gritty ethics of professional journalism for the one of connecting the dots. The one dignified by Vitruvian and co. This makes it easy to know who bought their way up the profession or if they merited their position. EA is not left behind from this "media-madness" that employs conjecturism and journalistic-flairs as a direct result of independent/part-time journalists flogging the scene. The type of reporting that can quickly be identified and connected to CHARLES-Onyango-Obbo's type that makes a whole head-of-state uncomfortable. It's not worth forgetting as the curtain nearly falls on the player's events in Somalia, it's a matter of individual survival for military planners, observers, and reporters alike. History is in the making, but also, history is writing itself. I assure you none of this media-madness will feature anywhere in the future when talking about Somalia. Shall we be wrong ourselves to quickly connect the dots on AMISOM's effectiveness? The pay-masters are purposely making AMISOM's effectiveness blunt. This is not new. We have seen this all over the continent. The Paymasters have resulted to throw a little discord here, a little antagonism in the way, as a desperate means to obscure KDF's forward movement. With the current budgetary allocations and approval for KDF operations, its media engagement must be recommissioned to avoid effects of such anarchic reporting.

@Efrommers, it is in the natural order of things that when a vacuum exists, something will come in and fill it. You cannot go against that grain or whine that the vacuum was filled with something you don't like when you could have filled it in yourself.

@Vitruvian, and gentlemen/forum, allow me to demystify my-sense-of-view as one not harboring any elements of obstinate animosity or bigotry towards a particular ideology or groups that have differing views. Our differences can be ideological and/or in principle as a matter of fact. Like you might be aware, the human mind has to find a benchmark of comparison to make judgments. But not to the extent where it leads to polarization. I am open to critique and upholds respect for independent perspective in light of media-standards contravention. @ON point noted. We have done well. Can't agree with you less. After KDF's political-oversight ceased from setting straight the record on Kisimayu regional politics to the world, the move has worked against them. Information dearth via withholding reports from the war-zone to the curious and genuinely interested public domain may slowly become an epicenter for the escalation of such media-bias, though the conclusive innocuous consequences may not have developed in its infancy.

Last edited by Efrommers on Tue May 29 2012, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat May 26 2012, 01:12

@Rissasi, are you trying to suggest i ma not know something as basic as setting an altimeter? Embarassed
here's the question u asked at tanzania page
@ jasiri Wewe wajifanya bingwa mwanahewa point it out the Achilles' heel in the system
my reply back then was this
Id say the system gives a lot of space for lLow Alt run. The South Africans flew sorties at 15 metres so 100 metres should give a lot of space to any smart pilot. Armed with an AGM-65 Mav (17 miles) id say one has a very good chance of beating the SA-6
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat May 26 2012, 01:26

What happened to Evans Mutoro and Jonathan Kangogo? This two soldiers were abducted so long ago i wouldn't be surprised if they are now commanders in the al-shabab. we seem to conveniently forget our own, like the D.O and his registry colleague abducted from Mandera.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat May 26 2012, 09:01

spartan wrote:
Noticed that there's an OLN hangover here. When KDF was under the banner of OLN in Som, KDF was free to support the likes of Ras Kamboni, non state armed groups - that kind of thing is not allowed when in UN-backed dispensation. Kenya has to work with the TFG, one way or another
Rafiki the UN also doesn’t allow bordering states to partake in PEACE ENFORCING MISSIONS. Rules can also be bent ama sio?
I can see now AMISOM-UDPF borrows KDF tactic.Fight A.S out side major towns. Chai for UPDF ni Afgoye. It’s a good strategy, it will build up troop morale once small small towns fall to the UPDF. if my hearing judges me right the spokesman sounds or recites his lines like one famous Lt.Col Oguna.

God bless the sibling rivalry

The of Afgoye battle

P/S I read that you finally got a full functioning battery of S-125 Neva/Pechora (SA-3). congrats

@jas take it easy……I have also answered the SAM question at Tz. Page.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat May 26 2012, 16:07

jasiri wrote:@Rissasi, are you trying to suggest i ma not know something as basic as setting an altimeter? Embarassed
here's the question u asked at tanzania page
@ jasiri Wewe wajifanya bingwa mwanahewa point it out the Achilles' heel in the system
my reply back then was this
Id say the system gives a lot of space for lLow Alt run. The South Africans flew sorties at 15 metres so 100 metres should give a lot of space to any smart pilot. Armed with an AGM-65 Mav (17 miles) id say one has a very good chance of beating the SA-6

@Jasiri - Our Bulletman is being too hard bila uchochezi. See what he posted on youtube: https://youtu.be/v8efl4b4kZc

@Risasi, nataka utoe umri wako kamili harafu nikuambie story moja poa sana. Na useme ukweli, Afande.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat May 26 2012, 16:35

A.S. say they will defend Kismayu

"...today 70-80% of al-Shabaab's army remains in and around Kismayo. ... AMISOM forces are cleaning up the Afgoye corridor removing a large number of population from al Shabaab control and predation. There have been no mass surrenders but when AMISOM and the TFG moves towards Kismayo, a political move must be made to prevent a bloodbath. The relatively untrained and uncoordinated fighters of al Shabaab are adept at hit and run attacks but cannot hold fixed positions.."
http://www.somaliareport.com/index.php/post/3384/Al-Shabaab_Says_They_Will_Defend_Kismayo_

With the concentration of AS in southern Somalia and prize that is Chismaio...major challenges await KDF and allies in that theatre.

Last edited by mogen on Sun May 27 2012, 12:55; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Sat May 26 2012, 18:21

mogen wrote:A.S. say they will defend Kismayu

"...today 70-80% of al-Shabaab's army remains in and around Kismayo. ... AMISOM forces are cleaning up the Afgoye corridor removing a large number of population from al Shabaab control and predation. There have been no mass surrenders but when AMISOM and the TFG moves towards Kismayo, a political move must be made to prevent a bloodbath. The relatively untrained and uncoordinated fighters of al Shabaab are adept at hit and run attacks but cannot hold fixed positions.."
http://www.somaliareport.com/index.php/post/3384/Al-Shabaab_Says_They_Will_Defend_Kismayo_

With the concentration of AS in southern Somalia and price that is Chismaio...major challenges await KDF and allies in that theatre.

When did Afgoye actually fall? There seems to be some seriously conflicting stories. In early December 2011, Major Chirchir tweeted that Afgoye had fallen and AS had fled. Subsequent media coverage indicated that TFG and KDF were in control of Afgoye. Now this week AMISOM is reporting that they are ready to take the town and indications are that AS has fled. So which is which?

http://the-star.co.ke/opinions/leader/55155-chirchir-right-on-shabaab-tweets
http://allafrica.com/stories/201201302130.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18206856
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali+Islamists+flee+as+troops+advance/-/1066/1412518/-/ttd169z/-/index.html
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sat May 26 2012, 18:56

AS at Afgoye had earlier ran helter skelter during initial KDF offensive at the corridor. So Information is that the town was clean of hardline islamists and if there are any remnants, they could be numbered. If remaining AS were to stage any threat, it would be pocket resistance relatively containable without hassle. By AMISOM quoting "has launched a major offensive" means there has been minimal fighting. Just audible gunshots at the edge of Afgoye town that has displaced local population with some heading to IDP camps and some migrating to towns in close proximity. The advantage is that AMISOM is currently engaging in mastering the new conflict terrain. With regards to Afgoye and Kisimayu, middle ground must be struck hehehe.........gentlemen time has reached to divide the goodies

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Afgoye

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 0,,15956816_401,00
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat May 26 2012, 20:51

mogen, if u think Risasi is hard try a certain Major Amin. That guy is a pest! don't worry tutapelekana man to man, like that Lang'ata barracks truck..always makes me smile.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26 2012, 22:33

jasiri wrote:..... a certain Major Amin. ..Lang'ata barracks truck..always makes me smile.

Eh? Something you have not told me, young eagle? Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun May 27 2012, 00:20

@Nkarei, the said mjamaa is the driver of Harambee one. A winged fellow with very 'interesting' antics. Man to Man hujaiona? I will take a photo of it n post, n Isuzu FRR.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27 2012, 01:18

jasiri wrote:@Nkarei, the said mjamaa is the driver of Harambee one. A winged fellow with very 'interesting' antics. Man to Man hujaiona? I will take a photo of it n post, n Isuzu FRR.

Hehehe! Ait. And don't go posting photo. But, damn - I thought you had come in, Eagle!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun May 27 2012, 06:43

mogen wrote: @Risasi, nataka utoe umri wako kamili harafu nikuambie story moja poa sana. Na useme ukweli, Afande.

Aahh wewe wacha bwana …..your suggestion willl pin me down to the last digits of my service number. The fast jet pilot crops consist of few persons, minor detail like that paints a big picture. lete story hivyo hivyo tuu
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27 2012, 09:43

mogen wrote:

@Risasi, nataka utoe umri wako kamili harafu nikuambie story moja poa sana. Na useme ukweli, Afande.

Alaa!! Mbona tena hivi, @Mogen? Faceless-ness is best on these blogs. Ama?? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun May 27 2012, 10:40

Risasi wrote:
mogen wrote: @Risasi, nataka utoe umri wako kamili harafu nikuambie story moja poa sana. Na useme ukweli, Afande.

Aahh wewe wacha bwana …..your suggestion willl pin me down to the last digits of my service number. The fast jet pilot crops consist of few persons, minor detail like that paints a big picture. lete story hivyo hivyo tuu

Pole. Usitoboe basi mzee. Story nitakuambia tu lakini usikasirike nami. I wanted to know if it was in order for me to reprimand you for putting too much of a blow-torch to a potential young eagle instead of nurturing him as is expected of you, a senior. It is possible, very possible, that were it not for one KAF recruitment officer [an exacting Major] I'd be your colleague in national duty. That was in 1983! The man sent me away from the queue with very 'colourful' words that punched harder than a blow to the tummy. You see, I loved and admired those who flew jets in airshows. Near my home, students were treated to aerial drops of goodies from a pilot who hailed from the area. Usually, a gunny bag full of things for his family and something for students. Anyway, not to be deterred, I toyed with the idea of a second attempt after completing my professional training but a lot of other things stood in my way. Sasa sijui nikuite kijana ama ni wewe unastahili kuniita kijaana! In the meantime, I'd urge you to treat the young eagle nicely and do everything you can to support ON and others who are trying to get him accept the call to national duty when it comes. Like the mean-looking major did to me. I can freely talk because am not in uniform. I can even blow my own cover.Glad to note the young eagle is holding his ground.
[quote="ole Nkarei"]
mogen wrote:
Alaa!! Mbona tena hivi, @Mogen? Faceless-ness is best on these blogs. Ama?? Suspect

@ON. Agreed absolutely. Cover is important, in fact, essential. Mwambie @Risasi akae kama Mzee. Wazee hutunza vijana. Wazees toughen vijana but with 'love'. Mimi Meja mmoja alinishitua.

Last edited by mogen on Wed May 30 2012, 05:14; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27 2012, 11:05

mogen wrote:

Pole. Usitoboe basi mzee. Story nitakuambia tu lakini usikasirike. I wanted to know if it was in order for me reprimand you for putting too much of a blow-torch to a potential young eagle instead of nurturing him as is expected of you, a senior. It is possible, very possible, that were it not for one KAF recruitment officer [an exacting Major] I'd be your colleague in national duty. That was in 1983! The man sent me away from the queue with very 'colourful' words. Not to be deterred, I toyed with the idea of a second attempt after completing my professional training but a lot of other things stood in my way. Sasa sijui nikuite kijana ama ni wewe unastahili kuniita kijaana! In the meantime, I'd urge you to treat the young eagle nicely so you do not anything that will put him off from accepting the call to national duty. Like the mean-looking major did to me.

@ON. Agreed absolutely. Cover is important, in fact, essential. Mwambie @Risasi akae kama Mzee. Wazee hutunza vijana. Wazees toughen vijana but with 'love'.

Sawa, @Mogen, Pole kwa maneno ya huyo Mike-Alfa-Juliet but we can all serve this beautiful country in many other ways just as good. Usife muoyo, brao. Endeleaa kama unavyo-serve tuu. Wink

Sasa hebu nikushow venye hawa wawili Risasi na young-Eagle ni mafriends tangu kitambo kwa Chronicles. Tuko pamoja sote now going on two years, and Jas is kinda Little Bra for alot of us Uniforms. Relax, the Bulletman was ribbing him, has taken him as his ''wingman'' kinda, and Jas knows this. Very Happy Very Happy Nothing but that! At the rate Kenyana is coming on-stream, National Duty for the young eagle will be an imperative.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun May 27 2012, 12:36

[quote="ole Nkarei"]
mogen wrote:
Sawa, @Mogen, Pole kwa maneno ya huyo Mike-Alfa-Juliet but we can all serve this beautiful country in many other ways just as good. Usife moyo, brao. Endeleaa kama unavyo-serve tuu. Wink

@ON thanx for the reassurance that Bulletman is looking after his wingman. Mike-Alpha-Juliet alinisaidia. He alerted me to something I needed to fix. Of course I didn't quite understand maneno ya 'usisimame/usitembee/usikae/usiongee kiraia'. But my then Form6 classmate was accepted on that day and still serving. I won't say more. Thereafter, been involved in medical flying missions hapa na pale. Not as a pilot, though.

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next