THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Spartan Thu Nov 01 2012, 11:09

ole Nkarei wrote:Jas politely asked that everybody drives the conversation, instead!

And I don't think character assassination drives the conversation. I stand by what I said, Onyonka was totally uncordinated and the figures he threw around were disputed were hard to swallow even to the western media like AP. It doesn't matter what his position is, he is a GoK official. And it's not the first time we are seeing uncordinated verbal artillery from over there. Sorry folks, that's the way it looks like from over here.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Thu Nov 01 2012, 11:20

MOVING ON SWIFTLY!

is there any news of the soldiers abducted before OLN plus the public administrators? Or are they assumed KIA?
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01 2012, 12:09

Spartan wrote: It doesn't matter what his position is, he is a GoK official. And it's not the first time we are seeing uncordinated verbal artillery from over there..

So what if he is a GoK official? You ain't just another Joe in the streets - you are a GoU official, hey! You know how gava works - I tried hapo juu to put an appropriate perspective to it also.

You know damn well there are plenty of these negative vibes flying across back-and-forth daily ostensibly with "official faces". Not loosing any sleep over these.

@Kimiti - until there is substantial proof of death, these Kenyans remain classified MIA.
Meantime we go on looking and hoping, carefully and delicately.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Nov 01 2012, 14:55

ole Nkarei wrote:
Spartan wrote: It doesn't matter what his position is, he is a GoK official. And it's not the first time we are seeing uncordinated verbal artillery from over there..

You know damn well there are plenty of these negative vibes flying across back-and-forth daily ostensibly with "official faces". Not loosing any sleep over these..

e.g. when M7 disparagingly said 'KDF is a career army' . Was it official, private, or said in jest? Running a mouth before
engaging the brain is a human weakness that is no respecter of persons.

Look what UPDF Chief, Lt-Gen Wamala, tweeted:
@lt_wamala wrote:
Im sorry but some pple need their heads examined! Which mission would still be afloat with such a loss of troops?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Thu Nov 01 2012, 17:58

@Mogen Sir,

e.g. when M7 disparagingly said 'KDF is a career army' . Was it official, private, or said in jest?

Or was it simply uncordination of GoU.Now people say all sort of things including that there is a guerrira group active in Nairobi out to oust Ug gov.Nobody froths at the mouth for that.like I said :

A tiger doesnt have to show its tigritude.Ever heard the phrase "Nothing you say is capable of annoying me"

Truth be told verbal artillerry was started by UG brigade way before OLN,but then KE doesnt have to answer unless they are hitting target,which they have not ,so far.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty KDF Fighters in LAB

Post  edmuiru Thu Nov 01 2012, 18:17

There was discussion a while ago of suposed KDF fighters in LAB.Any chance of unveiling soon?

edmuiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Thu Nov 01 2012, 18:19

Came across this face ,anybody tells me why I should recognise it in the streets?

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529424_434764633230823_2039127083_n.jpg
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:03

mogen wrote:Look what UPDF Chief, Lt-Gen Wamala, tweeted:
@lt_wamala wrote:
Im sorry but some pple need their heads examined! Which mission would still be afloat with such a loss of troops?

Lt. Gen. Wamala was spot on. Time to move on.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Thu Nov 01 2012, 21:43

Ole Nkarei

With you refuting the statistics using a typical GOK style ( Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) i take you back to the books which you have widely read...that..

Death of Soldiers in Action is Blamed on Military Strategy Execution

Loss of troops is often a debilitating/traumatizing event that can change the course of the war.
As such death of military personnel at war can be witnessed in scenarios where a strong army losing a major battle against a clearly inferior force. Such a loss could be due to bad planning, bad execution, bad weather, general lack of skill or ability, the failure of a new piece of military technology, a major blunder, a brilliant move on the part of the enemy, or simply the unexpected presence of an overwhelming enemy force.
The context of strategy exemplify and amplify the cause of undocumented and sad deaths of UPDF soldiers and Burudi soldiers, whereby the deaths are regretted but blamed on a poor deployment strategy, poor intelligence from resources deployed, and effectiveness of resources used by the military.

The US army statistics based on the number of troops deployed and their level of expertise, capacity, equipment, against enemy capacity were only lucky.
Whereas our brothers in Mogadishu are less capable than the US troops, since they are not well equipped compared to the US army, and their capacity in relation to the enemy capacity/capability is less effective.
UPDF statistics compared to 'Black Hawk Down' statistics and the Ethiopian defense forces statistics are indicative of a stronger, capable, and a strategically threatening enemy in Somalia who can effectively inflict....

I rest this case officially.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:19

edmuiru wrote:There was discussion a while ago of suposed KDF fighters in LAB.Any chance of unveiling soon?
@edmuiru
Are you the old man in Jerusalem who hasn't noticed Mr Bulletman's conspicuous absence? Real question is: might
it have something to do with that new birds maneno? BTW: do you remember a post that alluded to camels up north being
scared so much that their fertility was probably going to be affected? Mimi naamini wana nyuni mpya kule LAB or
some other secure location and all indications point to F-15s.

When they unveil them is their secret. No doubt, the KDF brass have proven to everyone how purposeful they are in their
moves. This matter is no exception. never mind that others have disparagingly called them 'a career army...'.

Haya. Tungojee tuone.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Nyani haoni kundule

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:43

Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:Look what UPDF Chief, Lt-Gen Wamala, tweeted:
@lt_wamala wrote:Im sorry
but some pple need their heads examined! Which mission would still be afloat with such a loss of troops?

Lt. Gen. Wamala was spot on. Time to move on.

No bro. Two wrongs don't make a right. Onyonka's opposite should have responded. Of course, the General isn't the
GoU political spokesman. Nevertheless, you hit the GoK hard forgetting to note that the GoK too has received plenty
of verbal artillery from UG. Such situations are captured nicely by the Swahili saying 'Nyani haoni kundule, huona
la mwenzake
' [i.e. a monkey can't see its own reddened hindsides, it only sees another monkey's].

Also you forgot to comment about the otherpart of my post:
mogen wrote: e.g. when M7 disparagingly said 'KDF is a career army' . Was it official, private, or said in jest?
and@Neutral ground's comment below:
Neutral Ground wrote: Or was it simply uncordination of GoU.Now people say all sort of things including that there is a guerrira group active in Nairobi out to oust Ug gov.Nobody froths at the mouth for that...
When you point a finger at another person remember the other 4 other fingers are pointing to yourself. That's the way I see it.

What sayest thou, my brother?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:59

edmuiru wrote:There was discussion a while ago of suposed KDF fighters in LAB.Any chance of unveiling soon?
@edmuiru
Are you 'the only man in Jerusalem' who hasn't noticed Mr Bulletman's conspicuous absence? Real question is:
might it have something to do with the new birds manenos? BTW: you might remember a post that alluded to camels
up north being scared so much that their fertility was probably going to be affected. I'm convinced there are tens of
new birds in a secure location (doesn't have to be LAB) and all indications point to F-15s.

No doubt, the KDF brass have proven to everyone how purposeful they are in their moves. When and how to unveil the
birds is their call. Such info is as hard to find as hens' teeth. Never mind that others have disparagingly called them 'a
career army...'. Of course a tiger does not announce its tigritude. It pounces.

Haya. Tungojee tuone.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Kismayu-300 al kebabs arrested; weapons and explosives impounded

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 06:39

Hundreds of alkebabs detained and weapons+explosives impounded in security sweep of Kismayu. Reportedly KDF & SNA switched of telecommunications services during the sweep.http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_300_Al_Shabaab_suspects_detained_in_security_sweep.shtml
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  gash Fri Nov 02 2012, 08:20

i think this exchange about KIA should come to a stop cos i can't see it making sense.I think analsyt is to patriotic but let that not discriminate others in this forum.
I was just wondering how far is KDF integrated to ICT.I was just reading an article that for almost all chinese millitary men undergo computer training. Razz Mad

gash

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Nov 02 2012, 09:16

mogen wrote:No bro. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah, two wrongs don't make a right. I had avoided, intentionally, commenting on the remarks attributed to our CiC because they are just that, attributed. He has never said anything in public anywhere that resembles what's in those remarks. The remarks were also said to be 'private' and were wide-ranging. Many people are touchy on this subject and I would advise at this point that we drop it. What's more, I don't think anyone now doubts the KDF as a fighting outfit.

@ Neutral ground, It's true there are insurgent elements hiding in Kenya, from the Shabaab-friendly Allied Democratic Forces to sympathisers of the LRA. However, we know the GoK is not in cahoots with them, and where they have solid intel, they have helped. Kenya is a sovereign country with its own laws and other problems, we don't expect the GoK to be chasing Ugandan insurgents on our behalf all the time. We take care of our own problems without blaming others, the ADF have bases in DRC but we don't blame Kabila.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:56

Spartan wrote:... this subject and I would advise at this point that we drop it. What's more, I don't think anyone now doubts the KDF as a fighting outfit...
Well said and I agree we should drop the subject.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Nov 02 2012, 12:19

@Spartan bro, message understood,we move on,That was a nice storm in
a tea cup quite refreshing.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Nov 02 2012, 14:35

gash wrote:
I was just wondering how far is KDF integrated to ICT.I was just reading an article that for almost all chinese millitary men undergo computer training. Razz Mad
i believe they are well integrated ICT-wise,seeing as how ON,bulletman et al post and do their thing here and on other sites Smile. hope this diffuses the exchanges being witnessed on the page,
@ON,bulletman et al wherever you are,that was with a light touch..hope i dont feel the wrath of the birds up north being tested for accuracy on me

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 14:55

proud kenyan wrote:
gash wrote:
i believe they are well integrated ICT-wise,seeing as how ON,bulletman et al post and do their thing here and on other sites Smile. hope this diffuses the exchanges being witnessed on the page,
@ON,bulletman et al wherever you are,that was with a light touch..hope i dont feel the wrath of the birds up north being tested for accuracy on me

MKenya keep it simple. Stay away from Bulletman while he rides his new toys and sends camels scampering helter skelter. ON can get you punished only while terra firma if curiousity gets the better of you. However, ON seems to have enough manenos in his hands so you might just safely go under his radar and feast your eyes. Just remember to watch the Bulletman and his toys. Hey I hear him coming, let me take cover. Can't tell you where i'm right now. Smile Smile Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 2 Empty Risasi's toys

Post  The Blue Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:31

Bullet man is enjoying himself, baiting this forum with info but still divulging nothing….he sees us as a novel, keeps us in suspense…he has got me refreshing this page every two minutes..and if his skills of keeping us guessing on this page are anything to go by, I wouldn’t love to be on the run with him on my tail fired by afterburners…Where is the analyst? Let him sneak in his KYM and take a photo of Bulleti burning Jet A1…this suspense is too much already!

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:51

The Blue wrote:Bullet man is enjoying himself, baiting this forum with info but still divulging nothing….he sees us as a novel, keeps us in suspense…he has got me refreshing this page every two minutes..and if his skills of keeping us guessing on this page are anything to go by, I wouldn’t love to be on the run with him on my tail fired by afterburners…Where is the analyst? Let him sneak in his KYM and take a photo of Bulleti burning Jet A1…this suspense is too much already!

I think there are tight lids and he probably is placed in a straight jacket on this matter with explicit orders. Can't expect a leak thro' him. But he did give He some more snippets here. https://eastafrican.forumotion.com/t3p180-jeshi-la-wananchi-wa-tanzania-jwtz
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 16:07

Neutral Ground wrote:Came across this face ,anybody tells me why I should recognise it in the streets?

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529424_434764633230823_2039127083_n.jpg

that is the british she terrorist lethawhite or such other crazy name

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 16:17

someone also insinuated there may be a surprise up KDF's sleeve on jamuhuri day.....can't wait.since OLN started the jet fly past on national days has been conspicuously absent with the explanation being they are bogged down on the frontline.12th dec is just a month away hope we wont be disappointed

Back to top Go down

Post  edmuiru Fri Nov 02 2012, 17:05

mchoraji wrote:

someone also insinuated there may be a surprise up KDF's sleeve on jamuhuri day.....can't wait.since OLN started the jet fly past on national days has been conspicuously absent with the explanation being they are bogged down on the frontline.12th dec is just a month away hope we wont be disappointed

@mchoraji fingers crossed , cant wait too

edmuiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:00

@edmuiru, I will let u in on a secret,( uncross your fingers) , KDF has never admitted owning G-3 rifles ,let alone G-3 A ,you get the drift, anybody shot with Aks it's not us, and of course we do no own G3s..It's someonelse.Ever heard of a hamlet called Israel.

@Sierra Kilo,My mentor,why the cold shoulder?
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:26

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration. Because Martial law essentially cannibalizes other less brute-force driven jurisdictions. The more intrusive and enduring the Martial law, the more does Civilian judicial processes get disembodied.

MRC is not anyway near a Threat to the integrity of State. It reached where it has due some lethargy on policing resultant from Gen. Ali's appearance at the Hague and driven by events in Zoomaliya. We need to constitutionalize our handling of it to separate the criminal component of it from the political expression of it. Which is now robustly under way. The "Luzira" way may create Martyrs of the brigands and a hydra-headed snake in the entire Country. Our Objective? MRC must metaphose into a Political Party and operate as such - then it will be buried under the weight of its mediocre agenda.

@Neutral Ground - fall in. Let's go hunt Alkebaab, man! Karibu.

Honoured,.............Sir
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:36

Neutral Ground wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration. Because Martial law essentially cannibalizes other less brute-force driven jurisdictions. The more intrusive and enduring the Martial law, the more does Civilian judicial processes get disembodied.

MRC is not anyway near a Threat to the integrity of State. It reached where it has due some lethargy on policing resultant from Gen. Ali's appearance at the Hague and driven by events in Zoomaliya. We need to constitutionalize our handling of it to separate the criminal component of it from the political expression of it. Which is now robustly under way. The "Luzira" way may create Martyrs of the brigands and a hydra-headed snake in the entire Country. Our Objective? MRC must metaphose into a Political Party and operate as such - then it will be buried under

@Neutral Ground - fall in. Let's go hunt Alkebaab, man! Karibu.

@ON much oblidged.Enjoying front

Honoured....Sir

@ ON Sir ,What's the situation analysis now .

Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:56

@ ON "'Buried under', good subject for ' political science classes, cause and effect.
Is your projection coming to fruition.?
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Nov 03 2012, 08:38

Gentlemen we need to shift our weight around and continue throwing in some post on this “UG pull out” maneno.......is not very good.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Nov 03 2012, 08:56

Risasi wrote:Gentlemen we need to shift our weight around and continue throwing in some post on this “UG pull out” maneno.......is not very good.

I wanted to post the same thing too. The forumers have retreated to other maters and seems things aren't going well.

Uganda has said it will withdraw its forces from military operations in regional hotspots including Somalia in response to UN allegations that it is supporting Congolese rebels.
The
security minister, Wilson Mukasa, described the decision as
"irreversible" and said another cabinet minister was travelling to New
York to explain Uganda's position.

"What
we've said and what we are proposing to the UN … is that we are going
to withdraw from our engagements in Somalia, Central African Republic
and Democratic Republic of Congo to concentrate on our own security here
in Uganda," Mukasa said in Kampala.

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next