THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  MWAURA Thu Oct 25 2012, 14:49

Analyst wrote:Gentlemen

I admire the zeal to keep UPDF gains in Sector II celebrated if not treasured.
Unfortunately, Ole Nkarei and anyone who has access to real military intel or has been to Mogadishu is very well aware of the challenges and in-capacities of the UPDF.

Documentation of dead UPDF will not be known until UN guys lift the lid. In Mogadishu which is still very insecure since when we landed from the sea, two weeks ago the chattered plane was fired at. On landing UPDF soldiers milled around us with quite a number of Americans and South Africans in the ranks. (BANCROFT).

The challenges of UPDF as a military tasked with operations to out militants draw out a picture of a 'not very capable military'....

To mention a few we recently witnessed the loss of their 3-coveted attack helicopters in Kenya due to what we could call carelessness and a kind of incompetence in both strategic planning,military aviation safety -strategy, besides pilot capacity.

Another scenario that clearly puts UPDF in test is their failure to capture Kony even after the deployment of drones and American commandos to facilitate his capture. More interestingly, the Americans (am so sorry about this one) came equipped with top-notch experts who could even map the LRA routes with the aim of using of this technology to track Kony. They have satellites, and drones to facilitate this.....but its almost an year down the line and Kony is so loose and has been helping M23 quite well.

The two scenario i have briefed you gentlemen replicate the scenario in Somalia.
After the deployment of UPDF, CIA we principal in providing UPDF with vital intelligence on positions, types of arms, and the organization structure of Al-Shabaab. When deploying their soldiers, UPDF failed to achieve the principal objective an indicator of lackluster in their fold and rank.

This is where strategy and skillset-capacity overwhelms the need for smart weapons, wherein, UPDF was well armed and still is, but their leadership, style, and strategy cannot suffice to procure the desired results. Hence a declaration that 'incapable' has manifested is approved regardless of overall achievement, like in any exam when a pass is not got, a fail is awarded.

To counter losses and failures in their strategy through a special arrangement UPDF contracted BANCROFT, a private security firm tied at the hip with BLACKWATER. This time, BANCROFT with CIA, American military, and British military started training BANCROFT COMMADOS at Uganda and Mogadishu.

To make it brief......BANCROFT COMMANDOS HAVE SINCE 2011 THROUGHOUT 2012 been deployed in Sector II wearing UPDF uniforms and ranks to lead UPDF in their ops. So who does the fighting? BANCROFT or UPDF?

To enjoin the scenarios of Kony and Mogadishu quantifies the theory of lackluster and procures the bias of rationale that UPDF is not up to the task hence their slow gains.

I request officers Ole-Nkarei and Areba to go the HQ of both security depts and verify or trash this one.

Possibly, a Somali intel officer will soon publish a picture of cooler full of these fallen brothers somewhere u
nderground in southern part of Mogadishu airport.

Wacha niseme hivi! The internet is the internet;people looking for meaningless beef will always find it online. There are such individuals whose lives are so empty they're spiritually dead without some cyber excitement. For a forum like this,ideally truth,however unpalatable to some should be the sole determinant in posts.
If Analyst,whose posts are often uncannily accurate can be proven to have lied in this posts then action should be taken. Btw,we didn't finish the MBT manenos.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Thu Oct 25 2012, 15:34

I suggest to the floor then that in view of contributions by members we put to rest the comments and await for proof from @analyst. you make a claim, you back it up... and may as many as are of this opinion say ayeeee?
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:11

areba wrote:I suggest to the floor then that in view of contributions by members we put to rest the comments and await for proof from @analyst. you make a claim, you back it up... and may as many as are of this opinion say ayeeee?

@Areba
Methinks we shouldn't pursue this and similar matters any further than this. Point is - we achieve no meaningful goal.
i.e. it does not enrich the forum/forummers. Only puts down a member of Kenyana. No need. Please level it there. Tafadhali. How I wish @analyst never brought it up in the first place.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Analyst

Post  mbs Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:14

areba wrote:I suggest to the floor then that in view of contributions by members we put to rest the comments and await for proof from @analyst. you make a claim, you back it up... and may as many as are of this opinion say ayeeee?
without hard facts and figures to support ones contributions, then they should be treated as 'mashada' input. One should remember that that is called an opinion and not facts! If you are going to call me a cow, at least have the decency to point out my horns,tail,udder etc.
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:20

Hey fellows’ analyst has his own issue and the sort lakini I also got the same information am sory to say so to UPDF. I contacted a guy in theater and OLN or Risasi to back up my info.
“Security in Chai town a notch up 43UPDF KIA, 3MIA and ++injured in an ambush”.. the same info that Analyst is t
alking about. Its not about sibling rivalry to our sis country but thats what happened in the UG sector.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:33

C
'cat')]cat[/url]
And a Tiger doesn't have to show its Tigritude.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:43

Balozi wrote:Hey fellows’ analyst has his own issue and the sort lakini I also got the same information am sory to say so to UPDF. I contacted a guy in theater and OLN or Risasi to back up my info.
“Security in Chai town a notch up 43UPDF KIA, 3MIA and ++injured in an ambush”.. the same info that Analyst is t
alking about. Its not about sibling rivalry to our sis country but thats what happened in the UG sector.

The KIA figures are absolutely false. That information always comes through whenever the Shebabs gets contact with any AMISOM uint including the Kenyans, but should we take it as gospel truth? In the KDF battles for Hosingo, Tabda and Miido they claimed to have killed tens of KDF soldiers and captured four of them etc, but did you see any of us take that as gospel truth, hence a sign that KDF is a very incompetent army? I beg that we stop supporting insensitivity on this forum because every human being has mad traits and very soon, we shall also start behaving like mad-men.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:01

aggressor one wrote:
Balozi wrote:Hey fellows’ analyst has his own issue and the sort lakini I also got the same information am sory to say so to UPDF. I contacted a guy in theater and OLN or Risasi to back up my info.

The KIA figures are absolutely false. That information always comes through whenever the Shebabs gets contact with any AMISOM uint including the Kenyans, but should we take it as gospel truth? In the KDF battles for Hosingo, Tabda and Miido they claimed to have killed tens of KDF soldiers and captured four of them etc, but did you see any of us take that as gospel truth, hence a sign that KDF is a very incompetent army? I beg that we stop supporting insensitivity on this forum because every human being has mad traits and very soon, we shall also start behaving like mad-men.

@aggressor1. Am not trying to discredit you Defense forces, the ambush happened, and those are the figures. I am not quoting from an AS website but from an KDF enlist up front. The block tell me a lot of incidences go unreported for the sake of troop morale in the UG sector but its not their work (KDF) to announce it. For instant the UPDF col that took a bribe and lead his men into an AS ambush last year. Sounds familiar? i am a civilian ON and risasi shed light on the discusion
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:32

Wtf is this morbid fascination with the numbers of Soldiers dead? Why is this a topical issue on this forum - what is the value we gain from this flippant and tasteless back-and-forthing about it? Have we become no better than a Roman mob in the Arena cheering mindlessly as animals and fellow human beings tear each other to pieces? This is distasteful - one soldier dead is already one too much sacrifice - it matters not the result or circumstances of death. Someone blithely says death is a soldier's Occupational Hazard - it largely is. But any dead soldier is more than a war statistic. I find this arrogant posturing here that seeks to equate the success of strategy to the volume of war dead a shallow and stupid argument. There is no collation of these two, at all.

Those War dead are representative of each of our personal sacrifices to the War - all of us bled and died with each of those soldiers. If we dishonor our War Dead, we dishonor ourselves. And I personally haven't the stomach for such ridiculous self-flagging. .

Aiseei let our War Dead be. This is a military-dedicated forum, hey!

As concerns allegations of Mercenaries fighting alongside the UPDF - that is Bulldroopings. And I goddamn well would know if this was happening. That the Americans have contracted an civilian outfit to undertake primary training of the UGABAG detachment in FBU prior to deployment is not a secret. That some of these have accompanied the deploying Soldiers into theater as MILOS in the initial stages isn't a secret nor unexpected - some very limited numbers of US Ranger MILOS inserted with the 40th in the first week of OLN. Note that duration and purpose of these MILOS is truncated to the deployment in the primary phases. There is no combat role at all - it is a bit different with the 30th. Theater Ops in Sector I and II has been wholly UPDF and KDF respectively. The Integrity of Command in a Hot Zone does not allow for these mongrel corruptions being suggested above.

The effort and sacrifice of the FAB and UPDF are undeniable and documented. The achievement spectacular and internationally acclaimed by Military Analysts. If and when we will analyze AMISOM, as I think we ought to, we must not dishonor the gallant soldiers who fought and some died in AMISOM with such denigrating and flippant statements in efforts to score points with each other.

Manda is a high security military establishment. You undertake espionage inside Manda if you have a death wish. Likely if I was the Ranking Officer in Manda at the time the fella tried yo take photos, I tell you unequivocally that standing shoot-to-kill protocols would have been enforced with an unmarked grave resultant. We are at War, doggonit!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:31; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty UPDF DEATHS

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:37

from a civilian perspective, I don't think that Balozi and Analyst are doing the forum posting about the casualty numbers....its like gloating in someone's death (unafrican from where I come), I am a Kenyan and I don't feel happy about that, exhibit brotherliness, because if any sector fails, the repercussions will be detrimental to every progress made...there more robust issues that needs to handled...saw posts on Vickers MBT just fade away...and the forum is now concentrating on mundane " my spoon's bigger rhetorics"....

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Mercenaries and Mzungua in Zoomaliya

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:19

Mimini SAW

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate)

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty Mercenaries and Mzungua in Zoomaliya

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:30

I have no doubts the Ugandan Brigade on this Forum have greater awareness of this matter. Civilian American, South African and UAE "Contractors have been in Puntland and Somaliland for nearly a Decade. They had also been contracted by the European Union in training TFG soldiers in Uganda and by the Americans in inducing primary skills in FBU with each new UGABAG Group for the past two years or so - the UPDF has fully assimilated this function and they Contractors no longer needed.

In Sector I the presence of Mzungu .mercenaries is an absolute propaganda coup for the AS whuchvwoyld have completely unraveled the entire premises upon which external intervention into Zoomaliya was founded - which is a necessary and friendly military/political incursion for the Zoomaliya People against a predatory internal enemy of the Zoomaliya people. Any slightest whiff of Mzungu connected to active combat in Sector I and II would have had immediate consequences of tinting the AMISOM deployment with ideology and religion and turned the Zoomaliya Population against AMISOM - Alshabaab have struggled to find factual evidence of any such nexus without success - and we know these demons that drag the dead behind their vehicles along dusty city streets - such a discovery of white soldiers alongside AMISOM would have been made known very loudly in planet Pluto itself!

We have witnessed all manner of European and American and even Israeli Agencies and Media lodging outrageous claims to the success of AMISOM with suggestions that the Africans were all but led by the hand blindfolded into Combat by white soldiers and their white mercenaries. Does anyone find this later allegation against UPDF in Sector I surprising? Eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:49

I have really been wondering where all this debate about soldiers killed in action is leading us to. Granted, it does not make any sense at all other than discredit a noble course for which sacrifices have been made. Some fatalities have occurred as a result of ambushes which could happen even to the most elite fighting force. Besides, in history numbers lost has never been used as a measure of success or defeat. In the 1998-2000 Ethiopia -Eritrea border war for instance, Ethiopia actually lost a lot more personnel to Eritrea yet the result seems to indicate an Ethiopian victory. Some Kenya soldiers too perished in a helicopter mi-sharp at the start of OLN. These have been classified as lost in war yet it is not the enemy who fell them. Let's remain sober and debate maturely without attempting to ridicule others.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:03

Indeed we can not be seen to dishonour the sacrifice of our UG brothers, more over we are still in theatre anything happens in theatre, we wouldn't receive such imature reaction gladly if it was our loss! @ ON if permitted i would divert debate abit. is the EA standby brigade able to bark, does it actually have teeth to bite? what are the likely scenarios where it would be of use here (EA) and now? i consider that significant amounts of resources have been put down in this venture

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:01

The Analyst is free to opine his thoughts for that is what this forum is all about. The barrage of insults and denigrative comments on his personal character have no place here. I have not seen anywhere in this blog that he has had any disrespect for the war dead whether UPDF or any other uniformed force. It was that article in the Daily monitor that captured the feelings of the Uganda populace based on their experience with the UPDF, the Analyst only sought to amplify that. We should not therefore do a mob justice to the messenger but rather should deal with the message.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Thu Oct 25 2012, 21:28

Siera Kilo, Balozi, Mogen, Neutral Ground, Mwaura, ...Thanks for you cover from the friendly Flak..

To Clear the mist and confusion as Siera Kilo explained, let me shed light on Strategic Military Planning.

Strategic Value of Military Operations and Their Gains

Military strategy is the set of ideas deployed by an army to procure desired strategic goals such as ground and destruction of operational capability of the enemy. As such Military strategy deals with the planning and conduct of campaigns, the movement and disposition of forces, and the deception of the enemy to procure the above mentioned.

As such, from an analytical perspective, the complex of strategy and deployment of the strategy connotes the art of effectively (as per the strategy) backed by military means that include armed forces and supplies.

As such the strategy deployed by the forces such as UPDF has fatal flaws due to its less effectiveness in procuring the desired policy. Here the policy is to acquire detterent capability wherein 'deterrent capability' is military action to compel an adversary to do something, or to prevent them from doing something where incapacitation and complete deployment which involves the disposition and maneuver of units on a particular sea or battlefield.

Death of Soldiers in Action is Blamed on Military Strategy Execution

Loss of troops is often a debilitating/traumatizing event that can change the course of the war.
As such death of military personnel at war can be witnessed in scenarios where a strong army losing a major battle against a clearly inferior force. Such a loss could be due to bad planning, bad execution, bad weather, general lack of skill or ability, the failure of a new piece of military technology, a major blunder, a brilliant move on the part of the enemy, or simply the unexpected presence of an overwhelming enemy force.
The context of strategy exemplify and amplify the cause of undocumented and sad deaths of UPDF soldiers and Burudi soldiers, whereby the deaths are regretted but blamed on a poor deployment strategy, poor intelligence from resources deployed, and effectiveness of resources used by the military.

Strategic Military Gains

The strategic value of areas captured by a military force are classified to different types of values with 'Strategic Value of ground' being principal in deciding the short and long-term outcome of the military operation.
The execution of a military strategy aiming at procuring an effective deterrent capability is based on how maneuvering of forces in battle, and logistics, the maintenance of the army is planned and deployment done besides the intelligence used to coin the strategy.
As one of you asked...what is the strategic value of ground gained by KDF or EDF?. The myopism in this perception underscores the need to expound on value of ground.

Two principal and obvious factors confirm strategic value KDF ground where the strategic value connotes preemption/destruction of the capacity and availability of Militant training grounds, militant supply and logistical routes and corridors, and militant economic activities and resources capacity to generate and reinvigorate militant capacity.

The strategic value of the AMISOM campaign is based on the above principals with the overall policy being a stable Somalia within a specific timeline. In intelligence we define the goals to achieve such a military campaign as time-based, while tactics defines the methods to achieve these goals. Strategic goals could be "We want to conquer area X", or "We want to stop country Y's expansion in world trade in commodity Z"; while tactical decisions range from a general statement, e.g. "We're going to do this by a naval invasion of the North of country X", "We're going to blockade the ports of country Y", to a more specific "C Platoon will attack while D platoon provides fire cover".

Mogadishu's strategic value is valued from the political and administrative policy where the nationalistic interests of Somali both political and social are viewed nationalistically. The South of Somalia has been the breeding ground of the militants with more than 8 effective training/recruiting camps where Al-Shabaab got reinforcements.
As such South Somalia has been home, breeding ground, kitchen, and bank of Al-Shabaab. Trade routes, training camps, supply routes, assembly and manufacture of bombs, import of arms and troops, export of charcoal and other commodities that brought revenue to the militants, and political significance of the South Somalia is the strategic value.

In summary, UPDF strategy before AMISOM 2012-2012 plan did not succor "to derive from the current policy that aims at series of military objectives to be achieved in specific timelines (end of October 2012): to assess these objectives as to the military requirements they create, and the per-conditions which the achievement of each is likely to necessitate: to measure available and potential resources against the requirements and to chart from this process a coherent pattern of priorities and a rational course of action."

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty KDF Soldier killed in Kismayu

Post  mogen Fri Oct 26 2012, 02:29

tweeting by @KDFinfo:
@KDFinfo wrote:Yesterday, AMISOM forces neutralized 5 alshabaab militants who had attempted to set up an observation post along the Kismayu-Bulahaji Rd. Regrettably, during the KIsmayu - Bulahaji engagement leading to neutralizing of 5 militants, KDF lost a soldier.

Story is also here http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000069242&story_title=Kenya-Kenyan-soldier-killed-in-Kismayu

RIP our hero.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Fri Oct 26 2012, 08:58

Sierra Kilo wrote:The Analyst is free to opine his thoughts for that is what this forum is all about. The barrage of insults and denigrative comments on his personal character have no place here. I have not seen anywhere in this blog that he has had any disrespect for the war dead whether UPDF or any other uniformed force. It was that article in the Daily monitor that captured the feelings of the Uganda populace based on their experience with the UPDF, the Analyst only sought to amplify that. We should not therefore do a mob justice to the messenger but rather should deal with the message.

Siera Kilo people can debate issues without demeaning others and in most cases-using wrong 'facts'. This character in Analyist is fond of using words like 'incompetent', 'not up to the task' and constantly portrays UPDF as a failure compared to KDF, yet even to the blind we are not failures. Such statements are very insensitive especially since we are not at war with Kenya. There is this talk about 'KDF getting intel' from Sector I' but, we also get intel from Sector II, some of which may not be so pleasing, but have you ever seen any of us trumpeting those things here? Afande Ole has spoken like the CDF of this forum and since we are supposed to respect our commanders, we need to listen to him. Otherwise, all of us will start firing from the hip, which is not good for this forum and AMISOM.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Oct 26 2012, 12:43

aggressor one wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:The Analyst is free to opine his thoughts for that is what this forum is all about. The barrage of insults and denigrative comments on his personal character have no place here. I have not seen anywhere in this blog that he has had any disrespect for the war dead whether UPDF or any other uniformed force. It was that article in the Daily monitor that captured the feelings of the Uganda populace based on their experience with the UPDF, the Analyst only sought to amplify that. We should not therefore do a mob justice to the messenger but rather should deal with the message.

Siera Kilo people can debate issues without demeaning others and in most cases-using wrong 'facts'. This character in Analyist is fond of using words like 'incompetent', 'not up to the task' and constantly portrays UPDF as a failure compared to KDF, yet even to the blind we are not failures. Such statements are very insensitive especially since we are not at war with Kenya. There is this talk about 'KDF getting intel' from Sector I' but, we also get intel from Sector II, some of which may not be so pleasing, but have you ever seen any of us trumpeting those things here? Afande Ole has spoken like the CDF of this forum and since we are supposed to respect our commanders, we need to listen to him. Otherwise, all of us will start firing from the hip, which is not good for this forum and AMISOM.

Thing is, we can decide to take the high road, or the low road. It's up to every forumer to decide on his own. One of my personal rules is that I don't post what I can't repeat to your face. As a member of the disciplined forces, discipline here meaning I am not allowed to speak on behalf of the forces, I only post what is already in the public sphere. Coming up with rumuours and saying that someone in KDF/UPDF told me, or intel says this or that, it reveals more about you than what you reveal. And when it's an outright lie like 40 UPDF KIA Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad, your reputation is toast, bro. As someone who's been in a trench before, 40 soldiers dead in a single battle is not something that happens everyday. It's 14 years since more than 20 UPDF died in a single battle, and heads rolled then - they would even this time around.

That said, Wednesday night was bad for Al Shabaab. They were set back planning-wise and equipment-wise at Albao 20km from Mogadishu and at the new airport at Kismayo. Way to go.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 26 2012, 13:12

since we are supposed to respect our commanders, we need to listen to him.
When did we all join the army? I must have slept through the training and passing out parade. Dude, the colour and vibrancy of this blog is because we are a joint civy-military blog. This is what makes us ask hard questions, silly questions, post allegations (some which turn out to be true anyway) and generally be dissentful the civilian way. All this makes nothing but the truth, or a cleverly researched and backed up lie, stand out. Sasa if we start going the 'Yes afande SIR!' way, then we may as well be assigned rank. When did you start taking orders from a Kenyan anyway, or is it an EASBRIG thing?
I think UPDF personell here take the wrong approach. Basically you are doing what Areba here describes as chasing after the madman'. Post your factual side of the story and kill the conspiracy theorist or throw a Red Herring, the Commander's way, at the hunting pack. It doesn't help when in a fit of nationalist hysteria you literary crucify someone who had the guts to post anything about your armed forces in the first place. You should own the info pertaining to your army not lurking about waiting for a post then pouncing on the poster. In any case we are civilians,we are not bound by the same rules as you guys. We can package a rumour into a post and those in theater/in the know now either contradict it or approve it. Think about it, if we had the facts we wouldn't be asking questions. Don't make soldiers out of keyboard warriors. Spartan at one time used to feed us small doses of UPDF info and we were quite happy with that.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Oct 26 2012, 13:58

jasiri wrote:
since we are supposed to respect our commanders, we need to listen to him.
When did we all join the army? I must have slept through the training and passing out parade. Dude, the colour and vibrancy of this blog is because we are a joint civy-military blog. This is what makes us ask hard questions, silly questions, post allegations (some which turn out to be true anyway) and generally be dissentful the civilian way. All this makes nothing but the truth, or a cleverly researched and backed up lie, stand out. Sasa if we start going the 'Yes afande SIR!' way, then we may as well be assigned rank. When did you start taking orders from a Kenyan anyway, or is it an EASBRIG thing?
I think UPDF personell here take the wrong approach. Basically you are doing what Areba here describes as chasing after the madman'. Post your factual side of the story and kill the conspiracy theorist or throw a Red Herring, the Commander's way, at the hunting pack. It doesn't help when in a fit of nationalist hysteria you literary crucify someone who had the guts to post anything about your armed forces in the first place. You should own the info pertaining to your army not lurking about waiting for a post then pouncing on the poster. In any case we are civilians,we are not bound by the same rules as you guys. We can package a rumour into a post and those in theater/in the know now either contradict it or approve it. Think about it, if we had the facts we wouldn't be asking questions. Don't make soldiers out of keyboard warriors. Spartan at one time used to feed us small doses of UPDF info and we were quite happy with that.

Bro, you need to calm down and appreciate the context of his post. to begin with, the military has a culture, which is the same everywhere, of respecting those above you no matter the uniform. Just because someone called another 'Afande' it doesn't mean he's waiting for orders. Just respect, because you have an idea what he went thru to get where he is.

One of the things that military training rarely imparts in a soldier is knowing how to react to hostility from civilians, and the civies on this forum are begining to pack such punches that I am considering to do what I did when I encountered in a real operation, hostile civilians - withdraw. That is what our Tanzanian colleagues did when seemingly well-meaning posts that they considered lies were posted here. Many forumers are relatively new and may not be in a position to recall those events. And it would be very unfortunate if this became a Kenyans-only 'East African' userboard.

So to all fellow fellow forumers, temper down the rhetoric. We are on the same side, in Somalia at least.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Oct 26 2012, 14:11

We all need to chill out, lets for once pause, for those not in the action go to your local and sit with friends, reflect on the gains we have made as a region, and just chill at least and thank God for the gift of Life, Love, passion, friendship and toast to the alive and fallen brothers... and sip the malt. and help a brother figure out what happened to christina...

areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Oct 26 2012, 15:35

areba wrote:We all need to chill out, lets for once pause, for those not in the action go to your local and sit with friends, reflect on the gains we have made as a region, and just chill at least and thank God for the gift of Life, Love, passion, friendship and toast to the alive and fallen brothers... and sip the malt. and help a brother figure out what happened to christina...

I think Freshly figured out what happened, she is doing Mjapani this days sorry Bro. Enjoy the malt lakini Very Happy
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:14

The next time we are going shopping I'll ask the boss if we can get this, the CAH-24 Super Hind currently in service with the Canadian SF and a privileged few.

* Crew: 2-3: pilot, weapons system officer and technician (optional)
* Capacity: 8 troops or 4 stretchers
* Empty weight: 8,500 kg (18,740 lb)
* Max takeoff weight: 12,000 kg (26,500 lb)
* Powerplant: 2× Isotov TV3-117 turbines, 1,600 kW (2,200 hp) each
* Maximum speed: 335 km/h (208 mph)
* Range: 450 km (280 miles) on internal fuel
* Service ceiling: 4,500 m (14,750 ft)
* flexible 25mm dual feed auto-cannon with 1200 (600/600) rounds of ammunition
* 2 x 7.62mm machine guns mounted on passenger compartment doors.
* Bombs within weight range up to 500 kg.
* MBD multiple ejector racks (presumably MBD-4 with 4xFAB-100)
* KGMU2V submunition/mine dispenser pods
* MU90 Impact homing torpedoes
* CFGUV-8700 gunpod (with a 12.7 mm + 2x7.62 mm combination or one 40 mm Striker AGL)
* UB-32 CRV7 rocket launchers (CRV-7 unguided rockets, and CRV-7PG Laser guided rockets)
* Quad pack: 9K121 Vikhr ATGW
* Quad pack: Brimstone ATGW
* Quad pack: Hellfire
* Multi pack: 8 x CRV-7PG, 2 x Brimstone/Hellfire/9K121 Vikhr
* Quad pack: 9K338 Igla-S AAMs
* Quad pack: FIM-92A Stinger Blk II AAMs
* Dual pack: Python-5 AAMs
* Kh-25MP (AS-12 'Kegler')-all variants

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 3513703_orig
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:17

What about the Sea Knight? is it that its costly? or is it limited to a priviledged few? Dont know why but i find the twin rotor design of the same , or its elder brother a rather good engineering decision...
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:41

I assume its over. Very unfortunate.

We must 'disconnect' our "patriotism artillery batteries" to pre-empt unnecessary discriminative shelling on some 'harmless' 'new targets'- basically adornated around their necks, with quantitative-substantial info, nutritionally fit for the growth of the forum. "Technical Exodus"-the heck with it.

@Hokuma, thats the spirit, bro.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Empty AMISOM KDF UPDF ALL FORCES IN SOMALIA

Post  countersniper Fri Oct 26 2012, 21:02

i don't like the tone in the recent postings
least we forget, we WENT in Somalia as brothers out to help Somalis back to their feet.

my humble request is to all AMISOM forces,,is this

YOU MUST FIND THE ALSHABAB TOP COMMANDERS AND DESTROY THEM.PLUS THEIR COMMAND STRUCTURE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
YOU MUST MAKE THIS A PRIORITY ..OR ELSE THIS MISSION WILL BIGIIN TO DRAG ON AND ON. COSTING US LIVES
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Oct 26 2012, 21:16

areba wrote:We all need to chill out, lets for once pause, for those not in the action go to your local and sit with friends, reflect on the gains we have made as a region, and just chill at least and thank God for the gift of Life, Love, passion, friendship and toast to the alive and fallen brothers... and sip the malt. and help a brother figure out what happened to christina...

Those type of song za Maroon commandos,those nostalgic African song take me way back when we had no more than 2 diamonds at fly sch. They was a Charlie Oscar TECH, and boy didn,t that mzee Lt.Col love those song at the Mess .eeehh bwana. The mzee had a favorite one by tshala mwana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxdRG2oLxo

in our drinking lot we had a mischievous guy called PK a Capt. Transport wings two intakes ahead, who knew how to squeeze beer rounds from the afande. He knew the afande love that song and would request it when afande had taken one too many.

PK had instructed us, being his Jnrs to whistle,tap the table sway our heads and nod in affirmation to the beats of the song at the chorus. And boy beer rounds would flow from the Charlie Oscar who thought we were fellow fans of tshala mwana. Those were the good all days MAB.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Oct 26 2012, 21:19

Rafiki that thing is still a Crocodile well underneath it skin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-24 in a difffent armed configurations. It can,t hover in mid air for scouting when loaded and therefore has to make a figure of “8” pass in order to eliminate its target by that time the duty SAM operator will be ready waiting for your second pass.

it also has a tendency of chopping of its tail boom (due to large rotor blades ) when doing strained maneuvers turns.
HokumA wrote:The next time we are going shopping I'll ask the boss if we can get this, the CAH-24 Super Hind currently in service with the Canadian SF and a privileged few.

* Crew: 2-3: pilot, weapons system officer and technician (optional)
* Capacity: 8 troops or 4 stretchers
* Empty weight: 8,500 kg (18,740 lb)
* Max takeoff weight: 12,000 kg (26,500 lb)
* Powerplant: 2× Isotov TV3-117 turbines, 1,600 kW (2,200 hp) each
* Maximum speed: 335 km/h (208 mph)
* Range: 450 km (280 miles) on internal fuel
* Service ceiling: 4,500 m (14,750 ft)
* flexible 25mm dual feed auto-cannon with 1200 (600/600) rounds of ammunition
* 2 x 7.62mm machine guns mounted on passenger compartment doors.
* Bombs within weight range up to 500 kg.
* MBD multiple ejector racks (presumably MBD-4 with 4xFAB-100)
* KGMU2V submunition/mine dispenser pods
* MU90 Impact homing torpedoes
* CFGUV-8700 gunpod (with a 12.7 mm + 2x7.62 mm combination or one 40 mm Striker AGL)
* UB-32 CRV7 rocket launchers (CRV-7 unguided rockets, and CRV-7PG Laser guided rockets)
* Quad pack: 9K121 Vikhr ATGW
* Quad pack: Brimstone ATGW
* Quad pack: Hellfire
* Multi pack: 8 x CRV-7PG, 2 x Brimstone/Hellfire/9K121 Vikhr
* Quad pack: 9K338 Igla-S AAMs
* Quad pack: FIM-92A Stinger Blk II AAMs
* Dual pack: Python-5 AAMs
* Kh-25MP (AS-12 'Kegler')-all variants

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 3513703_orig
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleBoni Fri Oct 26 2012, 22:18

Looks like the stage is all set for Sammy's and cohorts invasion of Iran and it's pretty complicated with the UK denying the Americas their military bases to launch their attacks. Read more here - http://read.bi/RQLbdU

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 32 Iran
UncleBoni
UncleBoni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next