THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+37
Gallahad
nyukilized
kimiti
mJESHI mMOJA
tempest
livefire
Interloper
MWAURA
georiise
Analyst
Flying Crane
The Blue
Fabrizio
Balozi
mchoraji
MasterChief
proud kenyan
edmuiru
Kobooz
mambotupu
countersniper
cylon
Kepler-Euler
aggressor one
mbs
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
MOOZALENDO
Olekoima
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mwepesi
Spartan
Al Bashir
mogen
Risasi
Uzi
jasiri
41 posters

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mchoraji Wed Mar 13 2013, 17:20

Spartan wrote:When Botswana threatened to arrest Al Bashir, I thought they 'd take leave of their pan-African senses. Apparently, these guys have got drunk on the West's praise and are ready to be the West's backing dog in our backyard. I feel insulted. And I am not even Kenyan. what game are these guys playing?

@ Spartan they've just retracted that statement but guess the damage has already been done

STATEMENT FROM BOTSWANA FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER:

This is to retract my statement made earlier about the President elect of Kenya. The President elect of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta is more that welcome to visit Botswana.

Botswana respects the rule of law and it’s cognizant of a section of the law that maintains “One is innocent until Proven guilty”. Uhuru Kenyatta has been compliant with the ICC ever since the beginning.

I apologize to the Kenyan people for misunderstanding of my earlier statement. I wish to maintain that Kenya and Botswana have always worked together and nothing will distract that.

I would also wish the newly elected president of Kenya and his government all the best in the new responsibility of governing Kenya.

Thank you,

Phandu Skelemani, M.P,
Minister for foreign affairs,
Gaborone, Botswana.

ION
Kabila really is acting just as ON & others discussed in these pages.he's been in Angola today in a meeting that Pres. Zuma also attended.SADC now wants to 'enforce' the aggreement agreed the other day in Addis

http://www.africareview.com/News/Zuma-Kabila-and-Dos-Santos-meet-in-Luanda-over-DRC-crisis/-/979180/1718064/-/jagprm/-/index.html

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Marais10

mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Mogadishu nightlife

Post  mogen Thu Mar 14 2013, 02:53

Kudos AMISOM uniforms for the good work

http://vimeo.com/61718073
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 14 2013, 11:18

It is confusing the noises coming from SAADC on this Eastern DRC maneno. Obviously, Zuma has encouraged Kabila to grow some nuts and make threatening noises to the M23. Unfortunately, but for South Africa and Tanzania, there seems little indication that any of the SAADC will be contributing to a Force with the sort of Mandate that Zuma and Kabila are angling for. Already, Angola has categorically ruled out participation in any Expeditionary Military Force into the DRC, and Zimbabwe are in the thick of an expensive Political Process which seems to be struggling to get financing. Zambia has never been robust in Martial terms, and her political system is yet divided as to disallow an expensive Military Experiment; and little Malawi has little to contribute. The other bigger player is Namibia whose Military is of uncertain value. Mozambique has a civil disaster situation that has overwhelmed her Civilian and Military Agencies.

Which brings me to the obvious divisions that are playing out in the M23. One faction created by the Tall Man in the face of Ntaganda and Runiga, obviously to secure Rwandan Tutsi Interests in both Kivus, and the other of Sultan Mukenga that clearly enjoys the patronage of Spartan's Old Man and which is driving to divorce Peace in DRC from the Tutsi-in-the-Kivu Agenda of Ntaganda/Kagame and pushing for a negotiated settlement with-honor into the DRC government ( that has been the platform of discussion of the ICGLR and EAC driven by M7, from the start).

I think that if SAADC moves into the Eastern DRC without Angola and Zimbabwe, they will be humiliated in consequence. I envisage a sole solution as to allow the Kampala Initiative to take full root along the path that M7 has articulated all along.

Spartan? Aggressor-one? Flying Crane? Come on, fellas, feed me some crumbs!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 13:20

Without doubt now the March 15th Peace Pact between the Kabila and Mukenga/Nkunda fanction of M23 is now expected. And with that, the death of the Ntaganda/Rwanda Tutsi Experiments in the Kivu. I must congratulate our Old Man M7 for a very astute and deft handling of this result.

A SAADC movement into Eastern DRC will not be necessary as clearly Kabila will have the means and will to disperse with the Ntaganda Brigade without too much difficulties - already there are movements of the FARDC Army supported by Army Elements of an external Country towards two crucial Military Garrisons occupied by Runiga's faction of the M23 in the North Kivu, which I doubt will have the capacity to withstand a determined onslaught despite that Runiga seems to enjoy the support of about 7 of the nine formed battalions of the M23 Military Wing and the bulk of the Political Wing presently engaged in the Kampala Talks.

Interesting developments, which might have benefit for Kenyana eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:45

As Below.

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Sat Mar 16 2013, 23:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16 2013, 22:58

That is it, Soldiers. Eastern DRC finally pacified. Two-and-half battalions of Ntaganda soldiers routed right back to several points inside Rwanda. Five other of his Battalions scattered all over and surrendering to anyone waving a flag - UN, UPDF, Catholic Church, RDF, FARDC, anyone! What a rout! Runiga arrested in Rubavu by Rwandaise Authorities. Sultan Mukenga now fully and unquestionably in-charge of the M23 - delayed Peace Treaty with Kabila to be signed anytime now with full integration of the M23 back into Government..

Peace in Eastern DRC no longer a Mirage. By Gawd!

SAADC now has no plausible cause to insert into the DRC in-force. War between EAC and SAADC recedes to the distance - a bit of professional regret, I confess.

The Tall thin Man and his Tutsi Hegemony in South and North Kivu debunked and destroyed. He starred into the Eyes of the Old Lion, and hastily retracted his Troops - Ntaganda and his ill-trained ruffians (unemployed Rwandaise youth gang-pressed into Ntaganda's ranks from Villages and towns by the RDF) avidly tell apart in the face of the smaller-numbered fighter of Sultani. Just a matter of time before Bensourda takes a bite at Ntaganda.

Congrats to the Old Lion - M7. Great scheming. Great results too. It would appear Aggressor-one, Flying Crane have been lurking around Campfires in these parts lately!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sat Mar 16 2013, 23:40

ole Nkarei wrote:That is it, Soldiers. Eastern DRC finally pacified. Two-and-half battalions of Ntaganda soldiers routed right back to several points inside Rwanda. Five other of his Battalions scattered all over and surrendering to anyone waving a flag - UN, UPDF, Catholic Church, RDF, FARDC, anyone! What a rout! Runiga arrested in Rubavu by Rwandaise Authorities.
Very Happy , Hehe, You got me in stinchies about the 'mode-of-surrendering. Actually, very applausible development, much awaited by Kenyana. Thanks ole Nkarei for the live feeds.

...SAADC now has no plausible cause to insert into the DRC in-force. War between EAC and SAADC recedes to the distance - a bit of professional regret, I confess.
I strongly belief in that assertion, to hell with the Boers. Thanks to those who volunteered the sacrifice.

@Tempest, wish you guys all the best in your current activities. No violence, as some blood-salivating western journalist are fancying for.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Mar 17 2013, 10:53

ole Nkarei wrote:Without doubt now the March 15th Peace Pact between the Kabila and Mukenga/Nkunda fanction of M23 is now expected. And with that, the death of the Ntaganda/Rwanda Tutsi Experiments in the Kivu. I must congratulate our Old Man M7 for a very astute and deft handling of this result.

A SAADC movement into Eastern DRC will not be necessary as clearly Kabila will have the means and will to disperse with the Ntaganda Brigade without too much difficulties - already there are movements of the FARDC Army supported by Army Elements of an external Country towards two crucial Military Garrisons occupied by Runiga's faction of the M23 in the North Kivu, which I doubt will have the capacity to withstand a determined onslaught despite that Runiga seems to enjoy the support of about 7 of the nine formed battalions of the M23 Military Wing and the bulk of the Political Wing presently engaged in the Kampala Talks.

For now, the most positive outcome of the 'UN Group of Experts on the DRC' and the attendant, mostly negative, press Uganda and Rwanda got was to wake the Ole Man to the machinations of The Tall Thin one in the DRC. We've always maintained our innocence in the face of the allegations by the UN, and the country that the defeated M23 rebels chose to go speaks volumes.

If Ntaganda's 'arrest' is anything to go by, I don't think Runiga will be seeing the inside of a Rwandese cell anytime soon. The defeated M23 faction considered their crossing to Rwanda a 'tactical retreat'. In the past it meant that they would re-org, regroup and maybe metamorphose into a new group whose strings were being pulled by, who else. Not this time, the Ole Man took a lot of flack on behalf of the tall thin one and he's going to be more keen on knowing what his understudy is up to.

But I agree with ya, we have a once-in-a-generation chance for peace in the East of the DRC. Peace at any cost, I dare say.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty DRC maneno

Post  proud kenyan Sun Mar 17 2013, 13:10

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Without doubt now the March 15th Peace Pact between the Kabila and Mukenga/Nkunda fanction of M23 is now expected. And with that, the death of the Ntaganda/Rwanda Tutsi Experiments in the Kivu. I must congratulate our Old Man M7 for a very astute and deft handling of this result.

For now, the most positive outcome of the 'UN Group of Experts on the DRC' and the attendant, mostly negative, press Uganda and Rwanda got was to wake the Ole Man to the machinations of The Tall Thin one in the DRC. We've always maintained our innocence in the face of the allegations by the UN, and the country that the defeated M23 rebels chose to go speaks volumes.

If Ntaganda's 'arrest' is anything to go by, I don't think Runiga will be seeing the inside of a Rwandese cell anytime soon. The defeated M23 faction considered their crossing to Rwanda a 'tactical retreat'. In the past it meant that they would re-org, regroup and maybe metamorphose into a new group whose strings were being pulled by, who else. Not this time, the Ole Man took a lot of flack on behalf of the tall thin one and he's going to be more keen on knowing what his understudy is up to.

But I agree with ya, we have a once-in-a-generation chance for peace in the East of the DRC. Peace at any cost, I dare say.

@ON i pray those who drafted the peace accord had the minds to ensure governance structures come up from the grassroots to deal with the problems of the populace from the grassroots, and also help nip such 'rebel uprisings' at the root

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun Mar 17 2013, 19:41

Any details @Spartan, pertaining the stealing of weapons from the Somalia's presidential residence at Villa Somalia yersternight? Par-takers/Lucky scoops? Word is that it has been an ongoing covert trend until lately, when the shit hit the fan. Disgustingly embarassing.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Mar 18 2013, 10:13

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:Any details @Spartan, pertaining the stealing of weapons from the Somalia's presidential residence at Villa Somalia yersternight? Par-takers/Lucky scoops? Word is that it has been an ongoing covert trend until lately, when the shit hit the fan. Disgustingly embarassing.

Read somewhere that it has always been an inside job. Where are they going? Are they used to supply government-sponsored militias, such as the ones harassing Jubbaland conference attendees?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Mar 18 2013, 10:43

mogen wrote:
Read somewhere that it has always been an inside job. Where are they going? Are they used to supply government-sponsored militias, such as the ones harassing Jubbaland conference attendees?

now that the UN has relaxed partially the decades old arms embargo wont the guys at mogadishu continue stealing the weapons for al-shabaabs & who knows which other burgers in that nation? what's with our somali brothers don't they see the bigger picture or what?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Tutsi DRC-Hegemony Unravels

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 10:53

What a bloody mess this whole Tutsi Experiment is turning out to be. The sheer panic and amusing reactions from officialdom in Kigali is shocking! Now the MiniForex of Rwanda is busy waging a rear-guard campaign on twitter, facebook, anything, laughingly dismissing the obvious presence of Ntaganda in Rwanda, pointedly noting that Rwanda is not signatory to the Rome Statute and will not extradite Ntaganda ''hata kama ako Rwanda'', repeating the long discredit protestations that the Tall Thin Man is not the puppeteer of the mutating Tutsi Rebel Groups in the Eastern DRC over the past ten years, etc.. No one is buying these balderdash stories anymore. At least not in Kenya-of-these -Kenyana-States!!

A planned quick visit to Goma areas, and flying drop into our Kigali Mil-Attache office,in a couple days, sniff out the gist of the developing backlash /fallout of this cluster-failure of The Tall Thin Man's DRC-Tutsi Program. Last time they said they had arrested Nkunda, a group of us actually met the brigand in Rimera Centrre just outside Kinombe Barracks and we all had a laugh over a couple of chilled Tusker Malts in one of the many road-side grill-and-bear seedy joints!! Will not be surprised to spot Ntaganda briefing his boss Nkunda and in the presence of the usual retinue of RDF Uniforms in tow.

I admit not being ashamed Very Happy :Dof my optimism about the state of affairs in the DRC-Eastern. What must be accepted by Kenyana, of course, is it that @Spartan's Ole Man must now forcefully establish hegemony and martially stabilize ALL of Ituri and parts of North Kivu (without hindrance from any player in Kenyana - on behalf of Kenyana) long enough and hard enough to ensure Kabila finally entrenches DRC Government Authority - the alternative free-for-all chaos where no one is in virtual nor real control of this important region is just not acceptable at all. Twisted Evil

Kagame must now pray that DRC does not eventually swallow Rwanda without chewing, in retribution for all the genocidal chaos Rwanda has visited on the DRC over the past fifteen years!! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Mar 19 2013, 04:57

So, the bugger [Ntaganda] was in Rwanda, after all! But why did he hand himself to the US Embassy?
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Bosco-11

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/warlord-bosco-ntaganda-surrenders-to-us-embassy-in-rwanda/article9938733/
ole Nkarei wrote:What a bloody mess this whole Tutsi Experiment is turning out to be. The sheer panic and amusing reactions from officialdom in Kigali is shocking! Now the MiniForex of Rwanda is busy waging a rear-guard campaign on twitter, facebook, anything, laughingly dismissing the obvious presence of Ntaganda in Rwanda, pointedly noting that Rwanda is not signatory to the Rome Statute and will not extradite Ntaganda ''hata kama ako Rwanda'', repeating the long discredit protestations that the Tall Thin Man is not the puppeteer of the mutating Tutsi Rebel Groups in the Eastern DRC over the past ten years, etc.. No one is buying these balderdash stories anymore. At least not in Kenya-of-these -Kenyana-States!!

A planned quick visit to Goma areas, and flying drop into our Kigali Mil-Attache office,in a couple days, sniff out the gist of the developing backlash /fallout of this cluster-failure of The Tall Thin Man's DRC-Tutsi Program. Last time they said they had arrested Nkunda, a group of us actually met the brigand in Rimera Centrre just outside Kinombe Barracks and we all had a laugh over a couple of chilled Tusker Malts in one of the many road-side grill-and-bear seedy joints!! Will not be surprised to spot Ntaganda briefing his boss Nkunda and in the presence of the usual retinue of RDF Uniforms in tow.

I admit not being ashamed Very Happy :Dof my optimism about the state of affairs in the DRC-Eastern. What must be accepted by Kenyana, of course, is it that @Spartan's Ole Man must now forcefully establish hegemony and martially stabilize ALL of Ituri and parts of North Kivu (without hindrance from any player in Kenyana - on behalf of Kenyana) long enough and hard enough to ensure Kabila finally entrenches DRC Government Authority - the alternative free-for-all chaos where no one is in virtual nor real control of this important region is just not acceptable at all. Twisted Evil

Kagame must now pray that DRC does not eventually swallow Rwanda without chewing, in retribution for all the genocidal chaos Rwanda has visited on the DRC over the past fifteen years!! Very Happy Very Happy
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Tue Mar 19 2013, 17:39

mogen wrote:So, the bugger [Ntaganda] was in Rwanda, after all! But why did he hand himself to the US Embassy?
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Bosco-11

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/warlord-bosco-ntaganda-surrenders-to-us-embassy-in-rwanda/article9938733/

Now that Rwanda is indicating that it wants no role in Ntaganda's extradition to the hague, will it be another saga similar to what has been happening to the wikileaks founder in london who can't leave the Ecuadorian Embassy since the brits will arrest him? how will the americans move the terminator to the hague without rwanda stepping in & saving the back-side of their long-term ally?

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013/03/rwanda-wants-no-role-in-dr-congo-rebels-transfer-to-icc/
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Kenyatta - Kabalega Rumour

Post  Spartan Wed Mar 20 2013, 19:31

The Kenya elections were very closely followed here in Uganda. There's no prizes for guessing who the Uganda Luo were rooting for. In fact, many were heartbroken by Odinga's near-miss. However, a cheeky Luo friend of mine decided that all is not lost, declaring that Kenyatta is himself Luo, after all. This is because many people here believe Jomo Kenyatta, Uhuru's father was the son of King Kabalega of Bunyoro. Laughing The lineages of the royal houses of the largest kingdoms in Uganda, including Bunyoro where Kabalega was king, can all be traced to a common Luo ancestry.

Of course it's a wild supposition at best since even the age of Mzee Jomo Kenyatta when he died is disputed. But it hasn't stopped Uganda's leading conspiracy theorists from having a blast.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty AFRICANS & POWER

Post  mchoraji Thu Mar 21 2013, 09:29

Read this report in the African Report.Our people can really scheme to get power

http://www.africareview.com/Special-Reports/How-Malawi-flew-dead-body-to-South-Africa/-/979182/1720882/-/mu60h8z/-/index.html#commentsAnchor
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty DRC Soldiers in the outskirts Goma

Post  mogen Thu Mar 21 2013, 10:12

I heard that the DRC forces are now in the outskirts of Goma. That'd be in contravention of the December Accord. @Spartan, ON... any truth in this?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Mar 21 2013, 13:05

mogen wrote:I heard that the DRC forces are now in the outskirts of Goma. That'd be in contravention of the December Accord. @Spartan, ON... any truth in this?

If by outskirts you mean Minova, that's where they've been all along. Don't have any new info on their movements, what's your source?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 14:18

"Outskirts" is kinda expansive, #Mogen. Recent Eyes-On indicate there is necessary readjustments of Forces in this whole Sector following the shameful rout of Ntaganda / RDF. Like a rock-wall moving to find balance when some rocks are removed. But there doesn't appear to be preps to retake Goma - doubtful anyone will complain or resist Kabila taking back Goma since the dominant faction of M23 of Mukenga are anxious to reach settlement with Kabila back into Government. Certainly the Old Lion seating just over the border will not permit it. Game shot, Soldiers.

mogen wrote:I heard that the DRC forces are now in the outskirts of Goma. That'd be in contravention of the December Accord. @Spartan, ON... any truth in this?

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:27

Thanks wazee.
Source of info: Al Jazeera reporters on the road who were detained after photographing the soldiers. I suppose snooping around to catch Kabila/DRC forces.

@Spartan, will ask them for exact location of the Soldiers.

ole Nkarei wrote:"Outskirts" is kinda expansive, #Mogen. Recent Eyes-On indicate there is necessary readjustments of Forces in this whole Sector following the shameful rout of Ntaganda / RDF. Like a rock-wall moving to find balance when some rocks are removed. But there doesn't appear to be preps to retake Goma - doubtful anyone will complain or resist Kabila taking back Goma since the dominant faction of M23 of Mukenga are anxious to reach settlement with Kabila back into Government. Certainly the Old Lion seating just over the border will not permit it. Game shot, Soldiers.

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty EU to give AMISOM 33million Euros.

Post  mogen Thu Mar 21 2013, 16:45

ON

Glad to hear AMISOM is getting a boost from the EU.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Bosco Ntaganda has just left Kigali Airport

Post  mogen Fri Mar 22 2013, 15:03

ON, Spartan
I have just seen ‏@LMushikiwabo tweeting:

wrote:Bosco Ntaganda has just taken off from Kigali in custody of ICC officials following cooperation btwn Rwanda, US & Dutch governments

Turns out it is true, after all.

http://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/press%20and%20media/press%20releases/Pages/pr888.aspx
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 23 2013, 17:06

Damn. My Wall Threat-Board is blinking like the Mayoral Christmas Tree! Seems like these Kenyana Hydrocarbons have the attraction of a dead Wildebeast Carcass on the African Savannah - the Clouds are thick with cycling Vultures. See-

Soomaliya seesawimg between National Accord for Peace and Sectarian Extremism of the past two Decades - growing swell to make aCcomodation with AlKeebab inside Soomaliyan Government and Intelligentsia. If only to keep Kenya "at bay" and express retro-Soomaliya Nationalism! Buggers!

Despite their Peace Accord of last week, the Sudan Middle Regions are seething with renewed internecine conflicts. SPLA-supported irregulars in the North fighting under fresh Sudan onslaught while Khartoum-supported irregulars in GoSS cutting a swathe of destruction inbthe South to remain "relevant".

The Ethiopian Ogaden rumbles awake with renewed Soomaliya-centric Islamic extremism under ruthless suppression by the Ethiopian Government. The situation so grave as to demand the ENDF unilateral withdrawal from Bikool, Bay, and Hiiraan in Soomalya to shorten ENDG's defensive lines and redeploy in-force in the Ogaden. Spill over into Kenya inevitable. And AMISOM under increased constraints in Sector ONE and THREE. Without increased Troop levels Hiiiraan, Bat and Bikool will remain unstable.

Eastern DRC remains flux after the Jousts of the M23 factions. Attentions returning rightly at the silent manouvres by several external powers in Ituri and Kivu. MONUSCO bleating about the Bushes increasingly goat-like. Current Troop Contributors to MONUSCO have rejected the Kampala-sanctioned "Neutral Force" and are waging war in the UNSC and UNGeneralAssembly against it. WTF?

Kabila accelerates his brinkmanship in the DRC. Two chaps arrested on charges of manufacturing a Coup d'etat with an integrated objective to liquidate Kabila. An attack on Kabila's Kinshasa Palace coupla weeks ago is now trumpeted to have been a Coup d'etat. Belgium loudly mention. Whether by coincidence or conspiracy, the SENEKA rebels in the CAR next door break out of ceasefire holding lines and sprint for Bangui - only 450 South African Soldiers Straddling their Path of Egress. French President travels to Pretoria to implore ZUMA to deploy in CAR in-force. France is overstretched in Mali and Belgians unable to move enough to stop the fall of Bangui. Is the large-scale SAADC insertion into DRC imminent with the CAR sideshow occupying the World's attention?

The Mosaic is expansive, endless. I can platter endlessly about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Mar 24 2013, 10:50

mogen wrote:ON

Glad to hear AMISOM is getting a boost from the EU.

Hahah Mr Mogen not so soon. We got to read the attached clause and in between biddings. Very Happy it’s a refund aid rather than liquid cash. It’s a payment for previously used or advance cash set for AMISOM forces that used or intend use weaponry originating from EU in their campaigns.

"Use our weaponry if you have any or come and “take” for our companies and pay pole pole." Twisted Evil

we together? Sly guys this Europeans. Laughing No made in; Russia, china, Israeli, South African, US plus minus maybe weaponry for this cash, simply because it’s their cash. Makes sense during this resection times they are circulating or pumping cash back into the EU economy via baddy hit defence companies. Disposing of extras that lay idle on shelf’s and warehouses, No free lunches bro. Laughing

@ON we badly need a scarecrow to chase away scavenging birds from our hydrocarbon fields.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 24 2013, 22:29

What the hell is with these South Africans? A small band of the ill-armed, ill-trained, poorly-led SELEKA just swept right past a full half-battalion of RSA Troops and simply strolled into Bangui - a city that these South Africans were deployed to keep safe from SELEKA. Not a shot fire. Not even the feebliest effort to halt these Brigands.

And South Africa expects to handle the M2r3 how?

@BulletMan - plenty of scarecrows keeping Whitey away presently - Mail, CAR, Tunisia, Syria, Egypt, Libya. When these dissipate, we will need some quick local smoke for certain. Btw, I saw last week a poor-grainy footage by some camera buff chap in Beledweyne of a Flight of Eagles dancing in and out of the Clouds on an extended Traininlg CAP. With distinctive and clear "ilMoraani" markings! Better tell those Jockeys the skies over Jubbaland have magnetic eyes as do those in the Homeland!

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Mar 25 2013, 09:33

ole Nkarei wrote:What the hell is with these South Africans? A small band of the ill-armed, ill-trained, poorly-led SELEKA just swept right past a full half-battalion of RSA Troops and simply strolled into Bangui - a city that these South Africans were deployed to keep safe from SELEKA. Not a shot fire. Not even the feebliest effort to halt these Brigands.

Bw ON apparently zuma's troops tried to halt the rebel advance but were overwhelmed.at least 9 SA troops are rumored to have been killed.that's a big loss for a disciplined army inflicted by rebels by any standards.now the SAs want to leave immediately.pole to them but am just wondering; is the south african military over-rated?it may be the biggest african economy with a well equipped & trained military but something doesn't add up from this latest adventure.the figures though have to be confirmed juu there must be some critical injuries kama they lost 9.

http://www.salabournews.co.za/index.php/component/content/article/70-labour-news/9940-sa-soldiers-in-central-african-republic-retreat-to-barracks-want-out.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/us-centralafrica-rebels-idUSBRE92M0AU20130325
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Mar 25 2013, 10:33

mchoraji wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:What the hell is with these South Africans? A small band of the ill-armed, ill-trained, poorly-led SELEKA just swept right past a full half-battalion of RSA Troops and simply strolled into Bangui - a city that these South Africans were deployed to keep safe from SELEKA. Not a shot fire. Not even the feebliest effort to halt these Brigands.

Bw ON apparently zuma's troops tried to halt the rebel advance but were overwhelmed.at least 9 SA troops are rumored to have been killed.that's a big loss for a disciplined army inflicted by rebels by any standards.now the SAs want to leave immediately.pole to them but am just wondering; is the south african military over-rated?it may be the biggest african econom

I hope this tempers their gang-ho feeling. It was very ill-advised of them to think a battalion or so of foreigners can do what the national army has failed to do. There are plenty of examples; 200 Libyans dead in Uganda in 1979 trying to prop up Amin, Belgians in Rwanda slaughtered trying to stop the RPF etc. I hear Bozize was reluctant to build and arm a professional army just in case they overthrew him, forgetting that this would cut both ways.

But one thing's for sure - coups like this make all of Africa look bad because in the eyes of the west, Africa is a country.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 Empty Re: Regional Discussions

Post  proud kenyan Mon Mar 25 2013, 10:36

mchoraji wrote:

Bw ON apparently zuma's troops tried to halt the rebel advance but were overwhelmed.at least 9 SA troops are rumored to have been killed.that's a big loss for a disciplined army inflicted by rebels by any standards.now the SAs want to leave immediately.pole to them but am just wondering; is the south african military over-rated?it may be the biggest african economy with a well equipped & trained military but something doesn't add up from this latest adventure.the figures though have to be confirmed juu there must be some critical injuries kama they lost 9.

http://www.salabournews.co.za/index.php/component/content/article/70-labour-news/9940-sa-soldiers-in-central-african-republic-retreat-to-barracks-want-out.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/us-centralafrica-rebels-idUSBRE92M0AU20130325

more importantly,where does this leave kenyana,more specifically kenya
post-SCOK ruling and swearing in of new C-in-C, i see new opportunity
for sphere of influence to grow exponentially

Last edited by proud kenyan on Mon Mar 25 2013, 10:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slight correction)

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 25 2013, 12:45

Hebu jisomee mwenyewe this comical story and tell me what the hell it is all about!! What sort of Army is this, by gawd!!

I said that the SELEKA swept past the South Africans without the feebliest resistance, and taking Nine KIA in such a situation is martially and absolutely unacceptable and unexplainable. How is it that a ragtag group on motorcycles and old "Technicals" with rusted old AAK AAK guns to do this to the Preeminent Military Power in the Southern African Hemisphere, smacks of something awfully smelly, aisseeeeiii!!

The M23 is nothing like these bangi-smoked-out renegades in the CAR, I tell you!!! Very Happy Very Happy I cannot wait for SAADC to deploy into the Ituri, Kivu!!

SA soldiers in Central African Republic retreat to barracks, want out

Monday, 25 March 2013 06:38
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 9 SandfReuters
reports that South African soldiers in the Central African Republic
(CAR) are seeking safe passage to the airport after taking heavy losses
during fighting with Seleka rebels. The agency said at least nin
e SA
soldiers had been killed. Around 400 South African troops are deployed
in the country as military trainers. Regional peacekeeping sources said
the South Africans had fought alongside the CAR’s army on Saturday in
vain to prevent rebels entering the capital
. Amy Martin of the UN's