THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+64
mwenyeji
kimiti
Admin
gash
mwepesi
paladin
Ned Starks Head
Mbaine
habasweyne
Sisal Makonge
chui
Kamalet
UncleBoni
mekatilili
mbs
PatriotKenyan
obienga
MasterChief
Gallahad
nyukilized
Observer
Muratina
edmuiru
Kepler-Euler
leokweru
SIAT
GreyArea
areba
vince
Nesta
Batian
Interloper
georiise
Sierra Kilo
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
firewall
cylon
Balozi
Analyst
mJESHI mMOJA
SS Jamuhuri
Sayaret matkal
MWAURA
Al Bashir
mogen
tempest
mambotupu
Mkenya
Uzi
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
MOOZALENDO
Flying Crane
livefire
mchoraji
proud kenyan
pacifist
Kobooz
Spartan
Risasi
countersniper
jasiri
timoh
Olekoima
68 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 18:01

Spartan / Jasiri wrote:"Jasiri, you've made my day with that satirical piece. It certainly would leave Joachim Buwembo of The East Africa satire column chasing dust"
Jasiri has a way with words, and no doubt an even bigger way with the gentle ladies!! Best stay away from my lil Sis, aisseeii!
Spartan. wrote:But if in passing he asks for some advice on Russian weapons, the ole Man is reknown for giving unsolicited advice, so why not.
It is delicate but essential posturing to counter arm-twisting Sammy of GoK ever since our Ole Man was preparing to close his tenure.  Several essential (to the evolution of Kenyana) Military Protocols inked earlier, not one of them is in completion.  Notice also that Sammy and Johnny and cousins have practically iced the Infrastructural intentions of Kenyana in the last two years, and private industry is only just grudgingly pulling away and making probes into investing in these projects - even the Petro-chemical Industry has cooled substantially for reasons any one can guess.  So, Sammy hedges and fudges, and giving just enough to keep us drooling - Carrot/Stick!  Conversion of Air-and-ground Crew at Group-size (obviously necessary to greater depth than the Units immediately delivered / deliverable) is humming along and continuous, all the while Sammy fudges about their tail-end of it desperate to use Kenya as bulwark against the Chinese and BRICS egress in the Centre of Africa! The C-in-C swoop through the East therefore (as a time that Obama is practically next door in the kitchen!) is not an indication of a realignment of GoK's procurement posture (at least not on the 'done-deal' aspects) , but it certainly is for other Military Stores, particularly in the Technology-Transfers, that we in Kenyana must create.  The field is immense: Air-anti-Armour, Tactical Air Defense (Misri has revealed itself with this matter of the Ethiopian Dam), Field-Air-Defense, Armored Corps Stores both Light & Heavy, Field & Tactical Arty, various Ordnance, Troop Carriers, AMREPs, Special-Forces Delivery Platforms, Comms, Infantry Kiting, hell - on and on....

All of Kenyana riding a SUKHOI over the Renaissance Dam against Misri Falcons?  And dunking the G3-variants for the AK-Variants? I think this is not only unlikely but also effectiveness is not contingent to the similarity of the Airframes / Equipment   - Risasi will aver that tactical liaison between Crew riding American, Russian, Chinese, Swedes, British, French Airframes is imminently possible, and has been proven so in the successive NATO air-exercises with their distinctly National disparity of Airframes.  Our C-in-C is going EAST to tell whomever as loudly as can still be polite that Choices have consequences too damn well! If the West want a piece of this wholesome cake that is Kenyana, they bloody well too must play ball - with all of us. Even the South Africans recognise this, and hence their AMREPS assembly plant in Mombasa - just the beginning of their Defense-Industry invasion of this part of Africa. 

Countersniper wrote:''... trouble ahead, from Uhuru Kenyatta swooping through the East while Obama is visiting next door" .. or something to that effect, you wrote.

Whatever the consequences  Africans cannot continue reliance on the old Colonial-designed Matrixes which have so spectacularly failed Africa in the past six hundred years.  Time to stop crawling, and to start walking even if in a limp!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Tue Jun 25 2013, 08:37

@Jasiri, Do a Cc for TEA members. Nice one, man.

I'm impressed by the going-ons in Southern Somalia. They are doing at a professional level which some Africans cannot bet their money on. @ole Nkarei, Did anything happen to Fartaag?

@What is the range of our C-i-C's aerial-ride?

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Kenyas10
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Jun 25 2013, 14:41

jasiri wrote:Dear Mr. President,
Allow me to first take a minute to wonder at how strong your body must be. In the 3 months you have been in power, you have traveled almost as much as Kibaki did in his entire 10 years! That said sir let me now go to the business at hand.

A little bird tell me you are travelling yet again. This time, the little bird says, you will be going to Uganda, Russia, China, Japan, Malaysia and Sri Lanka in one big round trip! You must be really intent on giving Ruto a crash course in running the country coz for two weeks he will effectively be the most powerful man in Kenya.
When you land in Entebe, please have someone take a picture of those Ugandan Su-30's. I only get to see them on the internet and i would love to have a personal picture of them with a date stamp at the bottom right corner. As you are driven through the streets please make sure your roof is firmly closed and bolted. I saw a Ugandan mayor's car full of more smoke than Ole Nkarei and Olekoima's manyatta! I hear he tried to make noise in the streets of Kampala and Ugandan security smoked him out. 

Speaking of Ugandan security you must convey my personal greetings to the only Ugandan top shots i know, Spartan, Flying Crane and Aggressor One. As you sit down with Museveni, tell him of theese three UPDF soldiers who have held their own against a constant barrage of attacks from us Kenyans on TEA. Tell him i personally recommend the following medals for them 
1. Fying Crane: Elder of The Burning Pen. I have witnessed his hard work as he improves his English from some once incoherent assembly of words to the smooth flowing English he now has.
2. Spartan: Medal of Calmness. This man was just impossible. It was impossible to address even a comma to him without him jumping at your jugular, nowadays it hardly seems like we converse with the same person. in fact, it has sucked out all the fun from quoting or addressing him directly.
3. Aggressor One: Medal of the Crouching Leopard. Seriously, where does this guy hide? He's never around when expected and pops out when least expected.
Be sure to pass my regards to Besigye, tell him Kenya has more than enough space for more rabble rousers.

As you head out to Moscow, i cant help but imagine the confusion the Russians would be having. Here you are, in the Rodina, intent on penning armament and investment deals while your father flatly rejected 'gifts' from the Soviet Union! That is water under the bridge now right? While you are there, convince them to set up an armoured assembly plant for us. Tell them also that we will probably be in the market for new fighters since we now evidently cant trust the Americans. sir, stay away from any clear liquid in Russia. Those people have a neat trick of substituting water for vodka! Imagine how the streets of Nairobi will be once the activists get a picture of that!

I wish i was with you as you crossed over to the red dragons lair, Beijing. I would bring out my African drum and drum a song of thanks for the Chinese. Let's be honest, would we even be thinking of Vision 2030 if the Woo family hadn't passed by our neighbourhood? Carry some yams for them as a show of thanks and tell Xi Jinping we really didn't notice he bypassed us on his Africa visit, we were busy unloading equipment for the Lamu Port. Remind them again of the enormous potential we have as a nation for investment. In fact, pull the boss of Huang Pu or Hudong shipyard aside and tell him of this wonderful little venture you have thinking of. This venture involves them making a partnership with either Africa Marine or Southern Marine and expanding their capacity to enable them dry dock much larger ships and build modern ones too. Get the boss of SAIC and tell him how impressive his MG6 Turbo chase cars look in Kenya Police colours. Tell him of your manifesto plan to motorise the Police and tell him he will get the contract if he sets up a manufacturing plant here in Kenya (he has to be convinced you are not bluffing)

Im not sure if you will get to see the Kuala Lumpur skyline as you land in Malaysia. I hear the Indonesians have done one better than the Ugandans and smoked an entire nation! Please make sure you carry a mask with you, if you come back coughing Robert Alai and Kahawa Tungu are going to have a field day spreading rumours about your health. While you are there, show them that picture of you in Sagana state lodge. Yes, the one you looked so relaxed amidst the pristine greenery of Nyeri. Tell them this is how the whole of Kenya is and that they are free to move to Kenya on tourist visas to enjoy clean air for some time until the Indonesians get bored of their 'smoke them out' game.

When you get to Colombo, pass my condolences to the Sri Lankans. I really dont understand how a Calvin Klein boxer is more valuable than an average Sri Lankan's life. At the summit, make sure the Queen understands that we are no longer a colony and that we have a right to self rule and determination. Consequenty, they should stop behaving like they have the title deed to this country. Pass my greetings to Mugabe if he makes his way there.

Have a safe and productive trip sir.

Yours ever patriotic,
Jasiri.

Jasiri bwana!LaughingLaughingLaughingVery Happy:D
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Tue Jun 25 2013, 18:37

jasiri wrote:Dear Mr. President,
Allow me to first take a minute to wonder at how strong your body must be. In the 3 months you have been in power, you have traveled almost as much as Kibaki did in his entire 10 years! That said sir let me now go to the business at hand.

A little bird tell me you are travelling yet again. This time, the little bird says, you will be going to Uganda, Russia, China, Japan, Malaysia and Sri Lanka in one big round trip! You must be really intent on giving Ruto a crash course in running the country coz for two weeks he will effectively be the most powerful man in Kenya.
When you land in Entebe, please have someone take a picture of those Ugandan Su-30's. I only get to see them on the internet and i would love to have a personal picture of them with a date stamp at the bottom right corner. As you are driven through the streets please make sure your roof is firmly closed and bolted. I saw a Ugandan mayor's car full of more smoke than Ole Nkarei and Olekoima's manyatta! I hear he tried to make noise in the streets of Kampala and Ugandan security smoked him out. 

Speaking of Ugandan security you must convey my personal greetings to the only Ugandan top shots i know, Spartan, Flying Crane and Aggressor One. As you sit down with Museveni, tell him of theese three UPDF soldiers who have held their own against a constant barrage of attacks from us Kenyans on TEA. Tell him i personally recommend the following medals for them 
1. Fying Crane: Elder of The Burning Pen. I have witnessed his hard work as he improves his English from some once incoherent assembly of words to the smooth flowing English he now has.
2. Spartan: Medal of Calmness. This man was just impossible. It was impossible to address even a comma to him without him jumping at your jugular, nowadays it hardly seems like we converse with the same person. in fact, it has sucked out all the fun from quoting or addressing him directly.
3. Aggressor One: Medal of the Crouching Leopard. Seriously, where does this guy hide? He's never around when expected and pops out when least expected.
Be sure to pass my regards to Besigye, tell him Kenya has more than enough space for more rabble rousers.

As you head out to Moscow, i cant help but imagine the confusion the Russians would be having. Here you are, in the Rodina, intent on penning armament and investment deals while your father flatly rejected 'gifts' from the Soviet Union! That is water under the bridge now right? While you are there, convince them to set up an armoured assembly plant for us. Tell them also that we will probably be in the market for new fighters since we now evidently cant trust the Americans. sir, stay away from any clear liquid in Russia. Those people have a neat trick of substituting water for vodka! Imagine how the streets of Nairobi will be once the activists get a picture of that!

I wish i was with you as you crossed over to the red dragons lair, Beijing. I would bring out my African drum and drum a song of thanks for the Chinese. Let's be honest, would we even be thinking of Vision 2030 if the Woo family hadn't passed by our neighbourhood? Carry some yams for them as a show of thanks and tell Xi Jinping we really didn't notice he bypassed us on his Africa visit, we were busy unloading equipment for the Lamu Port. Remind them again of the enormous potential we have as a nation for investment. In fact, pull the boss of Huang Pu or Hudong shipyard aside and tell him of this wonderful little venture you have thinking of. This venture involves them making a partnership with either Africa Marine or Southern Marine and expanding their capacity to enable them dry dock much larger ships and build modern ones too. Get the boss of SAIC and tell him how impressive his MG6 Turbo chase cars look in Kenya Police colours. Tell him of your manifesto plan to motorise the Police and tell him he will get the contract if he sets up a manufacturing plant here in Kenya (he has to be convinced you are not bluffing)

Im not sure if you will get to see the Kuala Lumpur skyline as you land in Malaysia. I hear the Indonesians have done one better than the Ugandans and smoked an entire nation! Please make sure you carry a mask with you, if you come back coughing Robert Alai and Kahawa Tungu are going to have a field day spreading rumours about your health. While you are there, show them that picture of you in Sagana state lodge. Yes, the one you looked so relaxed amidst the pristine greenery of Nyeri. Tell them this is how the whole of Kenya is and that they are free to move to Kenya on tourist visas to enjoy clean air for some time until the Indonesians get bored of their 'smoke them out' game.

When you get to Colombo, pass my condolences to the Sri Lankans. I really dont understand how a Calvin Klein boxer is more valuable than an average Sri Lankan's life. At the summit, make sure the Queen understands that we are no longer a colony and that we have a right to self rule and determination. Consequenty, they should stop behaving like they have the title deed to this country. Pass my greetings to Mugabe if he makes his way there.

Have a safe and productive trip sir.

Yours ever patriotic,
Jasiri.

Laughing thumbs up jnr eagle Very Happy
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 19:53

Damn it, guys!  We have shoolley come a long ways, since those Chronicle days.  And shot our way to where we are.  I suspect everyone senses some sort of esprit de Corps right here on TEA!  Feels dang good too.

A propos, I was extremely happy to see the expression of genuine affinity and protectiveness that the old lion displays very openly towards UK in the Kampala meeting.  Like a proud father over an accomplishing son!  Have a look see

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Jun 26 2013, 08:49

ole Nkarei wrote:Damn it, guys!  We have shoolley come a long ways, since those Chronicle days.  And shot our way to where we are.  I suspect everyone senses some sort of esprit de Corps right here on TEA!  Feels dang good too.

A propos, I was extremely happy to see the expression of genuine affinity and protectiveness that the old lion displays very openly towards UK in the Kampala meeting.  Like a proud father over an accomplishing son!  Have a look see

I think the ole Man likes UK (very much, if I must add) and it shows. He simply comes alive and all witty when in the presence of people he likes. It can only make things better between +256 and +254. I particularly like UK's take on the port of Mombasa, and how it can be improved. We are all beginning to reap from the election of a 'young' president in Kenya.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Wed Jun 26 2013, 11:28

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Damn it, guys!  We have shoolley come a long ways, since those Chronicle days.  And shot our way to where we are.  I suspect everyone senses some sort of esprit de Corps right here on TEA!  Feels dang good too.

I think the ole Man likes UK (very much, if I must add) and it shows. He simply comes alive and all witty when in the presence of people he likes. It can only make things better between +256 and +254. I particularly like UK's take on the port of Mombasa, and how it can be improved. We are all beginning to reap from the election of a 'young' president in Kenya.

It was good to come up with that tripartite meeting.our infrastructure hasa the rail-line has needed a revamping since the 80s & can't wait for the gleaming new lines in the very near future.About TZ, I understand their exclusion.Heard that when rais Kikwete was minister for foreign affairs, whenever during EAC negotiations he felt the tide was too strong against a particular TZ stand, he used to stage 'disappearance' acts ili kufuruga consensus.The fact that he rose to be prezzy means he could only concede so much on this integration maneno. 
I however feel for Burundi sometimes.They appear like the son from a step mum who is never really accepted by the rest of the family.Coupled by the fact that they are the only main French-speaking nation in the region worsens the whole thing.Our leaders must come up with ways of including them much more.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Military aircraft crash-lands at Mwea airstrip

Post  countersniper Thu Jun 27 2013, 16:59

do we know which type of aircraft is this?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1896580/-/w2q69cz/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:12

countersniper wrote:do we know which type of aircraft is this?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1896580/-/w2q69cz/-/index.html
Its clearly Yankee One Two!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Thu Jun 27 2013, 23:03

YEAH its a Harbin y12... at the time of my posting ..the daily nation was having no pictures in the breaking news story that's why i posted the link with the question.
they are saying they were pilots on a training mission....but having four men training in one aircraft at the same time is a little two risky and reckless.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Hotel Yankee One Two

Post  Kobooz Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:51

Turboprops are less hazardous in the event of engine related problems right?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Jun 28 2013, 15:18

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/It-s-all-about-resources-and-geopolitics--Shivji/-/1840392/1897038/-/h0blhkz/-/index.html
 "Kenya is already overstretched with its intervention in Somalia at the behest of US and with the subtle aid of Israel"

Where do guys like this get their research from? Overstretched ? Financially, Hardware, troop levels? They just cant accept how gud our uniforms are they have to give credit to Mzungu.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 28 2013, 17:01

Forget about them @ Uzi, these fellows never miss an opportunity to discredit.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Jun 28 2013, 17:04

UAVs for KDF and paramilitary?

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/ethiopi/articles/20130628.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun Jun 30 2013, 00:47

Is the writer of this article engaging in his National pass-time, fiction-writing? Or is he being patriotic to the point of folly? Just the average uninformed dimwit. What superlatial authority necessitates his assumptive charade of half-truths & myths? No links, no photos, no facts, No nothing. And the most stunning thing is, He has some self-built access to a National Newspaper? Where is a Tanzanian when you need one?

Uzi wrote:http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/It-s-all-about-resources-and-geopolitics--Shivji/-/1840392/1897038/-/h0blhkz/-/index.html
 "Kenya is already overstretched with its intervention in Somalia at the behest of US and with the subtle aid of Israel"

Where do guys like this get their research from? Overstretched ? Financially, Hardware, troop levels? They just cant accept how gud our uniforms are they have to give credit to Mzungu.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sun Jun 30 2013, 09:44

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:Is the writer of this article engaging in his National pass-time, fiction-writing? Or is he being patriotic to the point of folly? Just the average uninformed dimwit. What superlatial authority necessitates his assumptive charade of half-truths & myths? No links, no photos, no facts, No nothing. And the most stunning thing is, He has some self-built access to a National Newspaper? Where is a Tanzanian when you need one?

Uzi wrote:http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/It-s-all-about-resources-and-geopolitics--Shivji/-/1840392/1897038/-/h0blhkz/-/index.html

Agree with u bro the article is not worth the paper it was printed on it wouldnt pass even for a village paper. There is tonnes of chest thumping in their dailies against us even questioning our "perceived" leadership in the region. What they forget is that Kenya is the second leading investor in Tz. What did we ever do to this guys?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun Jun 30 2013, 23:20

"WHAT /when/where/how.. ...did we do to Tz" I have seen & heard this question everyday, everybody clinching in - methodology not withstanding. One day I happened to be off-the-grid. 50 Metres to the customs reception on your way to Tz, in Namanga, to your right about 200 metres near a mosque up-hill, I happened to attend a service in a RGC Church led by a one Rev. T_u_. After the service, there stood a Tanzanian who confessed that he was in Kenya illegally, sort of a Mineral-trade, & robbed. He requested to be assisted with only enough fare to Arusha. And just like always with God's children Very Happy , he got some cash, But before he left for the stage, I managed to get to him through my own ways just in the Church compound. I asked him 3 straight questions with some extra 5 in-waiting. Unintended, We had some few disagreements which forced him to say... "Nyinyi Wakenya ni wabishi sana!!" Precisely his own words!! Motive & Opportunity?

@Uzi, Check out O.N's last post in the 'Regional-page' for a likely answer.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty somali wants KDF out!?

Post  timoh Mon Jul 01 2013, 12:07

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-wants-KDF-out-of-Kismayo/-/1066/1900436/-/1vm56xz/-/index.html
this is not nice gentlemen....its probably time we thought of an exit strategy or be nice to them in terms of humanitarian support and rebuilding their nation.it take a single fly to spoil the stew
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Jul 03 2013, 12:58

timoh wrote:http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-wants-KDF-out-of-Kismayo/-/1066/1900436/-/1vm56xz/-/index.html
this is not nice gentlemen....its probably time we thought of an exit strategy or be nice to them in terms of humanitarian support and rebuilding their nation.it take a single fly to spoil the stew

what kenyans can do is maintain security in the liberated areas by fully utilising its HUMINT resources all over jubbaland, maybe even extend the same to lower and middle shabelle regions. some developments here and there can also be carried out to show the citizenry there that the kenyans really want to raise the standards of their lives, a few boreholes here and there, grading their roads to all-weather standards.,etc. was going past NYS HQ the other day and couldnt help but notice the machinery parked in their compound, they could have been used in some trouble hotspots,where security is first restored and construction works on some infrastructure carried out to maintain that security. i got to the point of thinking that since now the jubbaland admin is in position, some NYS teams would descend on the statelet working their socks off, just as a sign of what to expect in that region once serious reconstruction kicks in.

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Kenya Navy blamed for delay in offshore oil exploration

Post  Olekoima Wed Jul 03 2013, 17:54

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000087396&story_title=kenya-navy-blamed-for-delay-in-offshore-oil-exploration&pageNo=1
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty KDF SNIPPERS

Post  mchoraji Fri Jul 05 2013, 09:07

ON could these be elements of the 30th? Just wondering if they really should have given the media that interview

http://k24tv.co.ke/?p=7011http://bit.ly/17PVdEw
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Sharp-eyed people

Post  proud kenyan Fri Jul 05 2013, 09:56

mchoraji wrote:ON could these be elements of the 30th? Just wondering if they really should have given the media that interview

all i know is that the authority to conduct an interview would come from way above. besides, these may be the same guys we read about in the sports pages of the dailies taking part in the shooting range competitions, and are mostly disciplined forces guys (GSU,KDF etc)

side note..seems AMISOM has a new licence to hunt down hirale and company. so why was it that his release was facilitated by kenya? i dont quite get the plot, but i have the patience to wait and see for myself.
Also seems like madobe will be the president of Jubbaland, going by the pronunciations of one Imam Abdirashid Abdi
http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Jubaland_reconciliation_committee_appointed_warlord_vows_to_attack_Kismayo.shtml

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:09

Well, a bit of a flap about that interview but no harm done. Probably with such Units, indiscretion usually has shared unpleasent consequences. Danged reporters!

As concerns Hiraale. That is egg-on-a-lot-of-faces. A strategy that was turned - the dog got kissed by the rabbit and both turned to hunt the dog-handler. Happens to the best allatime, mi bro. Legeza kamba - chai ni ketepa joo!

Tena hamna kabsa kabsa venye tutatoka jubba ati saabu Johnny is waxing mambo yake so transparently in CrazyTown. Somaliya is one complex book. And IGAD/EAC hold the Cards on this.

proud kenyan wrote:
mchoraji wrote:ON could these be elements of the 30th? Just wondering if they really should have given the media that interview

all i know is that the authority to conduct an interview would come from way above. besides, these may be the same guys we read about in the sports pages of the dailies taking part in the shooting range competitions, and are mostly disciplined forces guys (GSU,KDF etc)

side note..seems AMISOM has a new licence to hunt down hirale and company. so why was it that his release was facilitated by kenya? i dont quite get the plot, but i have the patience to wait and see for myself.
Also seems like madobe will be the president of Jubbaland, going by the pronunciations of one Imam Abdirashid Abdi
http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Jubaland_reconciliation_committee_appointed_warlord_vows_to_attack_Kismayo.shtml

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Kenyan 9/11 detterent

Post  Mkenya Mon Jul 08 2013, 09:29

How gud prepped r we to avoid a 9/11 style attack,reason during Moi's reign we had an interceptor squadron stationed @ MAB, cant say the same abt Ubako & U.K. regimes.
Nyc to c UK flying aboard the new Vvip Hip choppa.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Jul 08 2013, 14:20

Mkenya wrote:Nyc to c UK flying aboard the new Vvip Hip choppa.

Is UK no longer using the two Pumas ubako alikuwa atumia? what model is the new chopper? haven't seen it yet
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Re: sledgehammer op

Post  proud kenyan Mon Jul 15 2013, 04:11

had just gone back in time to the chronicals,and i couldnt help but wonder,  did jasiri come up with the plan to capture chai town? what do you think? what is it exactly that jasiri does?
 http://nairobichronicle.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/kenya-armed-forces-pix/

...anyway back to the debate, i believe Tana and Galana cannot launch any significant amphib opperation because of their relatively small cargo hold. how many tanks can this two vehicles cary anyway, 4 combined? now does that make any difference when you are trying to establish a beachhead? at least two newer more capable vessels ought to do the trick. Though the said operations won’t be in jeopardy without the assistance of the Marines, it would certainly minimise casualties by distributing the threat evenly. Also think of the tactical advantage it affords us. We mass at the border, Al-shabab thinks that we will launch a land invasion and we support that by using recce aircraft to galvanise their misconception. Under cover of darkness, our amphib force slips out of Manda bay and launches a surprise invasion at Kismayo. They realise they are duped and a sizeable no of fighters are orderd from the borders to come defend their HQ in Kismayo. That’s when the Army strikes, when they are turning back to defend Kismayo. Result, total surprise=total annihilation of al-shabab. now tell me the amphibs are not neccesary.

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Jul 18 2013, 19:20

@ Ole Nkarei, you didn't say you have a lil sis. Hutaki ushemeji bwana?Very Happy 
@Proud Kenyan, i'm just a student man. I made an informed hypothesis n it turned out to be KDF's master stroke (i hope u saw vile Risasi alininyeshea hapo). I haave always been a proponent of a robust amphib arm.
@ blog, i think Risasi should drop us a juicy hint or two. I recently discovered K.D.F-A.F is replacing its Tucanos (or augmenting) with German Grob G 120. Pic below. The bigger picture, K.D.F is undergoing massive re-armament!
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQemuTFLSOsAi02W4Bu8H2XHGH0H52K2V3j0UtFH2KO1wJNY2fU
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw4YJHwv3OFCD5VS-EDUY6SpfRjdxNH1NERwAsKUJWugLS-UTHtg
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Grob G120A - 6 for our KDF

Post  mambotupu Sat Jul 20 2013, 07:10

It is official we have 6 of these.See excerpt from Grob webiste

http://www.grob-aircraft.com/index.php/customers-worldwide.html
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 3 Empty Re: MD500 replacement in near future?

Post  proud kenyan Thu Jul 25 2013, 01:04

http://www.eurocopter.com/site/docs_wsw/medias/MP-EC645T2.pdf
http://strategypage.com/htmw/htsf/articles/20130724.aspx

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jul 25 2013, 08:44

sledgehammer
Aaahh bwana Jasiri  I didn,t nyesheya you. Very Happy   My bone was spending cash to own and managing a fleet that will be underused while the cash could better get spent elsewhere. I have nothing against amphibious and beachhead ops. The two land crafts tana and galana are adequate to keep the wheels on amphibious training and drills running. If we need to mount large ops we can always hire a Mother ship as we did during Sledgehammer that option has always been open. 

On sledgehammer, if you go back to my chronicles uta ona hata mimi was dupe  Mad  during the ops everyone was kept in a need to know bais. Only the well decorated at Lenana Road had the greater picture.

G120
Eeehh bwana ulisikia wapi basic trainer ika replace advance trainer…. You guys at TEA should be wiser than that Laughing  . When the Gulf one-two-oH http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/grob-g120a/  gets the red white colors from FTS “mbwa”  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Aviation_Bulldog will be shelved. most user of the obedient bulldog trainer are replacing them with either the Grob G 115 (fixed landing gear) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grob_Tutor   e.g RAF or Grob G-120 (newer retractable landing gear) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grob_G-120  e.g IDF, KDF Cool  Evil or Very Mad 

Lastly TEA gets frequented by military men with precious shoulder and neck decoration all over East Africa …. So who knows your bizarre Twisted Evil  ideas could turn out to be a National ops but this should warrant over stretched ideas eeehh Shocked 
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next