THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
MOOZALENDO
mambotupu
mJESHI mMOJA
Nesta
mashaa
Fabrizio
mwepesi
Batian
mekatilili
Analyst
Ned Starks Head
Al Bashir
UncleBoni
one man army
tempest
Kobooz
mbs
Interloper
timoh
Flying Crane
Risasi
MWAURA
vince
Olekoima
livefire
Ole Sidai
Sierra Kilo
jasiri
kimiti
Spartan
cylon
countersniper
Mbaine
areba
38 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  mwepesi Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:38

mbs wrote:guys you cant maliza them like that. let them pop up back in Yemen where they can be someone elses Headache. The conference in London is not gonna amount to much since most of the stakeholders of Somalia dont buy it. If we 'cant' negotiate with alshabab then i really dont see our next step. This might have been the reason why we didnt push all the way to Kismayu. if we let up on Alshabab then they will go back to Mogadishu and then we will be back to square one. the two morons are not about to land their soldiers in Somalia any soon, they are broke and US are having an election anyway. Same Logic, why kill Osama today when you can you can take him out tomorrow in your own terms. The issue as far as i see it is that KDF managed a feat that the other guys thought was impossible to do. If we cant realize the upcoming projects in Lamu and the region, then the Far East ( the new Economic Giants ) will deal with whoever is in charge. dont forget that all what they want is to ship out resources and not to dabble much in the area. guys please someone tell me why Tanzania aint pulling their weight ? they starting to look like South Africa who hasnt figured out its role in Africa. its like they are shell shocked by events

@mbs are you doing a double speak??????? enlighten me more plz on your position....
mwepesi
mwepesi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:53

Flying Crane wrote:
Kobooz wrote:africanspotlight.com/2012/02/nigerian-navy-to-acquire-kenyas-rejected-vessel-for-n10-billion-upgrade-it-with-25-million
I want to believe this is a rumour. We have waited for this gal long enough

I knew something was a miss when risasi started mud slinging the Nigerians and S.africans. they stole your play toy eeehhh? I am so sorry……dudes...Laughing

Must be a formidable machine. Why should the Nigerians covet it this much? Before it was the Malaysians. What is the actual position anyway. This piece by the Star is quite contradictory.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/64197-nigeria-targets-kenyan-naval-ship
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:59

mwepesi wrote:@mbs are you doing a double speak??????? enlighten me more plz on your position....

Since the fall of the siad barre regime decades ago, the Somali people have considered .KE as their second home and have been welcomed here with open hands, currently .KE has the worlds largest refugee camp (which is primarily been inhabited by the Somali people). They have also been given the leeway to conduct businesses as their skills here are unmatched thus the development that is seen in Eastleigh and many border towns. In reciprocation there is alot of Kenyan Aid workers and consultants working in Somalia today than any other time before and there has never been any form of xenophobia against them whatsoever from the somali quarters. This form of brotherliness and good neighbourhoodness is the one that is being capitalised on Negatively by the AS. They want to make us beleive that all the proceeds of legit businesses in Eastleigh go to finance their ops and that Kismayu, Afmadow, Afgoye...etc. are AS strongholds. The fact of the matter is that they are no more than local thugs terrorising their own people for 'Zakhat' than they do to foreigners when they support the pirates in the high seas. It is known that they force the somali citizenry to rallies and demonstrations in their support and their salafist doctrines when the Somalis are suffis. As a country that borders Somalia and will continue like so for many generations to come, KE should never be seen to or even think of talking to this terror group either overtly or covertly. If for instance we were to take the relationship that the Pakistanis have with the Taliban and Haqqanis, they have ended doing more harm in the PAK soil than wherever they were drooled to do. As a country that is angling to be the leader in 'Kenyana', the reputation would be dangerously at stake.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:38

An interesting article by the Washington Times. Looks like the F-15 debate is not gonna end soon.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/27/kenyan-troops-make-inroads-in-somalia/
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:18

Olekoima wrote:An interesting article by the Washington Times. Looks like the F-15 debate is not gonna end soon.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/27/kenyan-troops-make-inroads-in-somalia/

The key phrase is :- ''They are reportedly negotiating with Washington to obtain F-15s and other military hardware used in Iraq.''

Google ''kenya F15'' and you will understand why they used the word ''reportedly''

All this F15 chit chat is simply a result of wishfull thinking.
Believe it only when you see one in KDF livery

//EOF

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHNvppQ_Hs

This animal looks bad.
From around 2:00 and thereabouts you understand what kind of havoc can be done by Havoc.
No wonder the foreign 'fighters' had to hurriedly go back to their mamas.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty PEACE...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:04

No offence but I think why this forum is s joy to read, (especially for us "Non-armed forces" guys) is the educative content.No point in following a story for 9 months & then realizing it was all tripe. Either they Back-it-up or they Back-up! No Offence intended Sirs.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:13

fusebox wrote:
Risasi wrote:Welcome Hellcat, come on man settle down and get comfi before starting pillow fights and knocking down the décor. You are our visit man keep it on the two way , first impression ……….

Back to us…Let me hit the nail on the head…do you have info on OUR F-15 or are you here to connect dots in order to build a picture? tell me your side of the story .

FYI the bird in question is the F-15C and FOX ONE as a standard. Both are attached to a stingy end user agreement and a full reem of Bureaucratic Red tape.

The answer between your line : the F-22 is so far the only true stealth fighter. All said Generation 4 & 5 aircrafts arrived late in the modern battle field and are most likely to be the last Man piloted fighter craft in future wars. It’s UAV thereafter….

The best way to track any f15's shipments is just to track israeli/saudi stocks and did any of them get sold in the last five years and the answer will be revealed to you.But no such shipments occurred even if we finished OLN the usa would not give us any of that hardware unless we sign our souls to them by letting them build a usa base on african soil..

Twist it the other way ……..As the F-16 was to the RJAF F-5 so is the F-22 to the F-15. Track the delivery and draw time lines….other countries on list for the Eagles per my knowledge is Oman and Jordan.

Finally my two bit trainer the Y-130 Euro the M-346 will also fly isreali roundel.

@Crane we redesigned a policing vessel (with the help of our partners) and got an instant market: sri lanka and finally (may be) Nigeria. The ideal was good had it not been stained by corrption………..if you fall out of a riding horse, jump back on to it..watch this space for more KN’s indigenous designed craft
I bought a new top of the range.... german/jappanese/Deutsch/日本の ....BS Meter.

This is the TRUE result of the f&*%?^ EF-one five stori measurement
Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Bullsh10
P.S. I am running out of BS meters with all these SINers and cyclones [and F-15 rift vally (but really mach-loop) wishing Risasis]. Tafadhali......start telling the truth!

How old are you Fusebox? Have you ever contributed something of substance here or is it u with your regular bullshit meters? I think you are reaching a 'do not exceed' limit.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:46

HellCat wrote:No offence but I think why this forum is s joy to read, (especially for us "Non-armed forces" guys) is the educative content.No point in following a story for 9 months & then realizing it was all tripe. Either they Back-it-up or they Back-up! No Offence intended Sirs.

All doubting Thomases need to wait a little longer for details to reveal. When that happens....well..
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mbs Tue Feb 28 2012, 17:04

@mwepesi@sierra Kilo. pakistan dealing with the Taliban and their cousins got them Billions of Dollars and top military equipments from the US. Egypt got the same treatment because they prevented arms being smuggled by Hamas and Hizbolla. besides, we would be negotiating from a position of strength. That is a strategy,not cowardice. Guys dont sweat about Tanzania not playing Ball, with the Lamu project their Port becomes a dud as much as South Africa. especially South Africa
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty Britain leads dash to explore for oil in war-torn Somalia

Post  Al Bashir Tue Feb 28 2012, 19:40

"Johnny too good" makes his intentions in Somalia clear

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/25/britain-oil-dash-somalia?fb=native
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:22

@fusebox

when did the Washington times get downgraded to a third world rumor tabloid???

The east African forum is forum opened to all who wishes to precipitate in healthy discussion on military matter both domestic and foreign. You also ought to know that the men in uniform are under no obligations to divulge info. to you, and are doing it out of Good will. I respect you sentiment and frustrations if any, and if you feel that you are getting a raw deal from the site or that the contributors are liars, I think is good if you seek info and conversations else where…..

Ex-iraq hummer deal approved ….M1114 .the US army intends to replace them with the Oshkosh M-ATV family. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsP-wf3-5tQ

@risasi has the KDF-AF adapted the desert flight suits ???
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:27

[quote="Al Bashir"]"Johnny too good" makes his intentions in Somalia clear

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/25/britain-oil-dash-somalia?fb=native[/quote]

Ever since Chevron drilled its first oil well in somalia 30 or 20 years ago the british have been trying to get and claim that oil they got several barrels of high yield oil from past the Jurassic period and also NOCK helped chevron explore these oil wells and they signed a secret deal that they help each other get these resources. Im surprised that NOCK hasnt bought any land in Somalia to beginning drilling the oil so they can bring that currency home.

Last edited by cylon on Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:39; edited 1 time in total
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:38

Olekoima wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:
Kobooz wrote:africanspotlight.com/2012/02/nigerian-navy-to-acquire-kenyas-rejected-vessel-for-n10-billion-upgrade-it-with-25-million

I knew something was a miss when risasi started mud slinging the Nigerians and S.africans. they stole your play toy eeehhh? I am so sorry……dudes...Laughing

Must be a formidable machine. Why should the Nigerians covet it this much? Before it was the Malaysians. What is the actual position anyway. This piece by the Star is quite contradictory.

[url=http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/64197-nigeria-targets-kenyan-naval-ship
http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/64197-nigeria-targets-kenyan-naval-ship[/quote[/url]]

But im pretty sure that WE ARE NEVER GONNA SEE THE KNS JASIRI port at home because it just gonna cost more money to refix it after its been sitting in water for almost 7 years. I think we should ask our own mombasa shipyards to build the same ship but with more features and armaments.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:43

Olekoima wrote:An interesting article by the Washington Times. Looks like the F-15 debate is not gonna end soon.

[url=http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/27/kenyan-troops-make-inroads-in-somalia/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/27/kenyan-troops-make-inroads-in-somalia/[/quote[/url]]

Well obama is on our side but very racist congress men think that africa is a god foresaken continent that cannot be trusted with advanced weaponary.But we proved them wrong during the PEV delta airlines was gonna make its first filght to kenya but the usa told them its not safe to enter our country 4 years later the same message has remained saying that kenya is not safe for american tourist.But it is safe high number of european toursit proved them wrong
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:49

Al Bashir wrote:Good stuff:

http://the-star.co.ke/national/national/63878-uk-donates-high-tech-surveillance-equipment-to-help-kdf

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bla9s6JlXVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bla9s6JlXVo[/quote[/url]]

Very good one step forward in the right way
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:55

fusebox wrote:

The key phrase is :- ''They are reportedly negotiating with Washington to obtain F-15s and other military hardware used in Iraq.''

Google ''kenya F15'' and you will understand why they used the word ''reportedly''

All this F15 chit chat is simply a result of wishfull thinking.
Believe it only when you see one in KDF livery

//EOF

That is not a good way of coolecting the info because no such source will trun up. or like risasi and i said just track orders of f15's to both israel and saudi and you will find the same info as i found just a little research.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:02

mwepesi wrote:
mekatilili wrote:
cylon wrote:
fusebox wrote:phhhhhhhhhhf........
now u blew my last hi quality BS messer....

But anyway, here is me last attempt at saving you (dear cyclon child of God) from the fire of the sinners.....
YOU ARE IN A LIE DETECTOR TEST AND YOU ARE ASKED WHETHER THOU BELIEVETH THAT THOU SHALT PREDICTETH THE PATERN OF METALIC FOWL IN THE SKY BY SMELLING THEIR EXHAUST FUMES...
...DON'T ANSWER....CLICK HERE TO WATCH YOUR PRE-EXAMINATION VIDEO

Stay ignorant! there nothing else to say its like your the new flying crane but you criticize your kenyan brother oh my.

Hey cyclon, I am with you on this one. I have no idea why some individuals have made it a point to denigrate others on this blog. Thanks for keeping it civil.

@ mbs did you say something to the effect that we should negotiate with AS or was it my mind playing tricks on me considering I had one too many jana en was reading the feed via a mobile device???????

sunny @Cyclon don't strain your mental energy feeding on the -ves, as far as i can tell you are among the few guys here who actually think outside the box en you bring in new interesting ideas and discussions. As for the Co2 radar my take is it's a tall order considering that the variables are complex, but in any project redesigning and re-engineering is always done. so you work on it you my come up with a totally different en superb thing all together bro. en keep focus on achieving it.
Thanks for the support mwepesi
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:21

Im I getting old or is the general demeanor on the site taking a nosedive?
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:28

[quote="cylon"]
Al Bashir wrote:"Johnny too good" makes his intentions in Somalia clear

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/25/britain-oil-dash-somalia?fb=native[/quote]

Ever since Chevron drilled its first oil well in somalia 30 or 20 years ago the british have been trying to get and claim that oil they got several barrels of high yield oil from past the Jurassic period and also NOCK helped chevron explore these oil wells and they signed a secret deal that they help each other get these resources. Im surprised that NOCK hasnt bought any land in Somalia to beginning drilling the oil so they can bring that currency home.

It will be quite heart breaking if we sit on the sidelines while the cake is being divided, our sacrifice over the last 20 years and KDF's courageous showing needs to be repaid one hundred fold! If Johnny is in Sammy is not too far behind the French are already on the ground.
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 01:27

Took the words right out of my mouth. Amazing what a difference, say, a month and unbridled spamming can make.

areba wrote:Im I getting old or is the general demeanor on the site taking a nosedive?

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Feb 29 2012, 01:35

[quote="Al Bashir"]
cylon wrote:
Al Bashir wrote:"Johnny too good" makes his intentions in Somalia clear

It will be quite heart breaking if we sit on the sidelines while the cake is being divided, our sacrifice over the last 20 years and KDF's courageous showing needs to be repaid one hundred fold! If Johnny is in Sammy is not too far behind the French are already on the ground.

Well all those contracts sammy/johnny sign will be nullified once the TFG ends in august i think but i think once KDF is finished securing somalia National Oil will be there exploring and our mine companies will also mine lithium and other natural resources in somalia if our leaders wake up.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 03:36

jasiri wrote:How old are you Fusebox? Have you ever contributed something of substance here or is it u with your regular bullshit meters? I think you are reaching a 'do not exceed' limit.

Woooah! You mean all i had to do was discredit some wishful thinking to have "KDF's virtual croshairs" on my forehead?...lol,compose yourself. I would'av explained my post but the misleading flick that seeded the post seems to have been taken down.

But anyway...love it or get pissed off by it, BS is BS until proven otherwise, and if i smell any of it....well, you know the rest.

@mJESHI mMOJA & @Cyclon
If you revisit my post on the kdf Washington times, you will find this line -> "Google ''kenya F15'' and you will understand why they used the word ''reportedly''".
If you actually did that, the results will suggest that "we are REPORTEDLY in the process of getting" hence WT's use of the word. See me point?
Now how did the "third world rumor tabloid" extrapolation come about??

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Feb 29 2012, 09:01

areba wrote:Im I getting old or is the general demeanor on the site taking a nosedive?

Well some posts here are not even worth reading anymore. Some fellows like to dwell on trivial issues and this is affecting quality of dabate.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty JASIRI saga

Post  mambotupu Wed Feb 29 2012, 09:56

Olekoima wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/64197-nigeria-targets-kenyan-naval-ship

At last managed to dig up some apparently bona fide info on the workings of Euromarine industries (at least from post 8/2011) - info divorced from keyword "scandal"

http://www.seaforce.vg/index.html

Site has info on armament options for the OPV
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty CEASE FIRE!!!

Post  Mbaine Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:05

Gentlemen- and I am using this term rather loosely; Let's get some order back into our trains of thought. Of late they haven't adding more information or providing new insights. From puerile remarks to irrelevant posts.... we seem to be scuttling this ship with every new post.
My personal request, Cyclon(e) slow it down. Some of your posts would be better expressed as a private message. If you have someone to thank PM them, we don't need to know, FOCUS ON THE ISSUE and distill your thoughts into fewer posts. Fusebox..... BS meters work both ways. With the amount of turd you are dishing out.....
AzKahia Out!
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 16 Empty East African's Discussion Forum - East African Militaries

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:31

Olekoima wrote:

Well some posts here are not even worth reading anymore. Some fellows like to dwell on trivial issues and this is affecting quality of dabate.

Indeed my views exactly, Jasiri, Mjeshi, Areba, Olekoima, Vitruvian, AzKahia, etc. And to my own personal anguish and some degree of anger. Heck, this was started as a forum for interchange between Uniforms and Civilians on Military & Intelligence thinking - factual, speculative or even intelligence conjecture, but definitely not as a chit-chat site for senseless social gossip and the ‘’my-thing-is-longer-than-yours’’ stupidity that define Mashada, Nipate, Kibowen, jaluo.com, mwigithiania, etc. Doggonnit - check the Categorization on the Userboard!!

On the average, the older members have posted between 0.3 and 0.5 posts per day over a period lasting over a year; very well-rounded very considered and weighty opinions that have clear value and substance - I for one am greatly indebted to many here in many ways. In contrast, one of the hot-rods recently joined has a record-breaking 3.9 posts per day in a record two months!! Little of which add to anybody’s education upon reading them! I have nothing against vision and thinking big, mind you! But the denigration of contrary opinions that is the hall-mark of those other gossipy sites is taking root here as some pronounce themselves ‘’gospel-shooters’’. Some not-so-clever others employ crudity to wrench information that is yet classified without regard to the consequences that might ensue, and in their failure resort to dismissive insults. Other posting have little relevance and certainly no substance, apparently slang out from boredom / ennui . Is it any wonder in last week that up to 33 members actually log in daily but only at most 5 members end up posting anything during the same day? Eeeiish!!

We need to get back our groove, and to stay there. Newer members add very good colour, strong flavor to knowledge-pool of the blog, the more the better, but dammit, guys, we will kill this blog if it becomes an avenue for the expression of boredom, a contest for the superiority of intelligence, a reflection of our political slants, etc. Let us keep it simple and real – an avenue for interchange between the Uniforms and Civilians on Military and Intelligence thinking.

Ama, brothers?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 12:17

I agree with you ON and every other person who wants this forum to be what it should be. A place of great debates regarding EA 'militaries',intelligence,etc.

Personally I have gained a lot from the discussions here but of late the forum has been quickly going to the dogs. Some of the things that have been written hear by people hiding behind their computers makes the stomach turn.

I learnt one truth about engaging with people online;

NEVER WRITE/SAY SOMETHING TO A PERSON OR A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT YOU CAN NOT SAY WHEN LOOKING AT THEM IN THE EYE. If you do then you are a coward and are just hiding behind a computer and saying stuff you know helps no one.

To those who really want classified info I think you are at the wrong place. If those people in the know don't feel very comfortable sharing it then that's it. This is the Web. No one knows who you are or why you really want to know what has been bought and what has not. At one point I was actually worried that we may have been sharing a lot here...that may help the enemy.

It is not easy to write a lot of posts here that are worth their salt unless you are/was in the mil/intelligence/law enforcement and are good at what you do or you have researched on mil stuff for a long while. Some posts are so deep and thorough such that the only thing I can do is just watch and learn.

So I am with Nkarei, we need to take time and think deeply before posting. What ever you write should help other users. Give us a new link we may not have seen or show us a video that you think captures the kind discussions found here.

That is the only way of adding value to the EAUB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 13:23

Alright then, popular opinion rules.
I shall filter my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 13:48

fusebox wrote:Alright then, popular opinion rules.
I shall filter my posts.

Tis not a popularity joust, little bro Fusebox.

Notice there are no moderators here? The assumption, I presume, is disciplined self-regulation. At least this expectation is a given for the Uniforms. You would be surprised just how much reading from you chaps has influenced my strategic geopolitical thinking - school just comes alive!! When i get to break from a ''hard day'', or am riding my desk needing a break to refresh my perspective, or just a little worn of the austerity of Military Regimen, I pant with eagerness to read your posts. And those of others here too.

So, lets educate and increase each other, eh bro?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next