THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mogen Mon Aug 27 2012, 16:00

ole Nkarei wrote:
Ah! Marka fell early this morning to UGABAB and TFG! Only two significant urban centres now remaining to the AS. Kismayu slowly emptying of AS. Shariff is holding things back with his usual rear-guard BS- now he questions selection of the MPs ( who will vote for a new President) and demands Court intervention!! Other Regions (it is a Federal Constitution under Shariff's attack) are taking up positions for and against Shariff - things could get ugly!

@ON
Congrats Ugabags/AMISOM
Have seen the story here; http://www.mustaqbalradio.com/somalias-government-forces-and-amisom-take-over-no-60-area/ and
here: http://www.mustaqbalradio.com/somalias-al-shabab-fighters-vacated-from-marka-town/

I suspect Jilib will also fall shortly, possibly before the end of the day.

Also, read somewhere that Shariff wants Somalia's High Court to decide if the barred Warlords and others will join Bunge or
not. No doubt he wants them in for their votes. But will he really have his way?

Last edited by mogen on Mon Aug 27 2012, 16:06; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 16:04

I see, But police will be out in heavy force to quell any violent protests....
With one police car burnt and a person dead already, it will be a blood bath before they can restore calm. I have witnessed countless demos but by the look of this, hii itakawia sana. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Aboud_10 n mzee is coming here for the ASK Show, kutakuaje?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Mon Aug 27 2012, 16:31

[quote="jasiri"][quote="cylon"]
jasiri wrote:
cylon wrote:Who is the guy??

I fear that the killing of the cleric may inflame more MRC sentiments across the coast unless the government has a plan for them also??
MRC guys are playgoup kids, this guy was the real deal! u should see the demos across the Island sa hizi, i chose a very bad time to be here.

You guys are reacting as if you didn't see this coming.
The government has a lot of guns and you don't rattle it without expecting to be bitten. The guy and others were already dead men the minute they appeared to beat the government through the courts, they just were walking around not knowing it.
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 16:40

jasiri wrote:
With one police car burnt and a person dead already, it will be a blood bath before they can restore calm. I have witnessed countless demos but by the look of this, hii itakawia sana. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Aboud_10 n mzee is coming here for the ASK Show, kutakuaje?

The media is going to have a fun day with this, Watch how the story will be grotesquely twisted making the situation worse...

@Kimiti many people knew this was going to happen but the time was unknown the guy must have thought he was very safe..
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 17:00

ole Nkarei wrote:
jasiri wrote:Aboud Moh'd Rogo has been killed, by a gunman's bullet. The gov't just loves to proves me right. Neutral

Man crossed the line, and recrossed back and forth again and again. Court Conviction impossible , coz of our weak and ineffectual anti-Terrorism Law . If it is your call to ''protect and secure'' this Nation and under this circumstance, what would you have done? The fullest extent of his perfidy in corrupting the Coastal youth will soon be manifest in the aftermath of his death - wait and learn! Me, I lose no sleep for this brigand!
According to his wife, Haniya Said Saval, their van had been trailed...the car overtook them and...18 bullets sprayed[/i] on Mr Rogo. Mr Rogo's van swerved off the road where died on the spot.
How many Kenyans and AS do you reckon can group 18-nine-millimetre rounds from a fast-moving platform into a moving evasive head-and-torso and not kill the front-seated passenger inches away, nor critically compromise the two rear-seat passanger from ricochets and pass-through rounds.? I know a good number, none outside Gava!!

Ah! Marka fell early this morning to UGABAB and TFG! Only two significant urban centres now remaining to the AS. Kismayu slowly emptying of AS. Shariff is holding things back with his usual rear-guard BS- now he questions selection of the MPs ( who will vote for a new President) and demands Court intervention!! Other Regions (it is a Federal Constitution under Shariff's attack) are taking up positions for and against Shariff - things could get ugly!

Precising-Strafing by the Bullet-Man - the Deltas dancing! And IAF restricted tech-transfers on enhanced capabilities for 3rd & early 4th generation Fighters.

@Spartan - your Ole Man appears to be sharpening his long knife, man! The Hinds have freaked him terribly. Someone's head is surely on the block over there - hope it ain't yours, buddy!! Very Happy I caught your Sunday Church Choir and Homily on tape, powerful stuff, exactly what a brother would expect to frankly hear from a favorite brother too!

KNS-Jasiri coming home is much, a hell of lot more, for Kenya than having a big armed / armored boat in our Boma! Everything changes, and dramatically too. Ngojeni hapo hapo!!

Happy Katiba Day, Kenyans!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Please clarify sir on the bold parts
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 17:13

kimiti wrote:The guy and others were already dead men the minute they appeared to beat the government through the courts, they just were walking around not knowing it.

Damn right, @Kimiti.

No need for idealism here! And I expect @Vitruvian is gonna kick my teeth in for saying this! The greater good is what, in this instance? Is the man more useful dead or alive? Are the cost justified in both extremes? Even Pilate espoused this very dilemna in condeming a man he openly declared innocent 2000 years ago. There is presently no law to handle dangerous treasonous characters like this man in Kenya today!! Which emboldens and grows them daily.

Law enforcement, which admit I know little about, is grounded on clear law - you do this, we kick your behind this way or that way! Now, in the absence of anti-terrorism law that legally criminalises the activities of fellas like this one, beyond the political pronouncements that is all we have presently, and which safeguards even those youthful victims of his indoctrination and brainwashing, isn't it inevitable that fire-meets-fire eventually? Our very National Fabric is at grave risk, and the enemies walk in our midst waving the Kenya Passport and Kenyan Constitution BoR!!

This overt radicalization of our Moslem population by Alshabaab or MRC or whoever has reached a tipping point. The recent Mess in Madera-to-Garissa, Tana River and the seething discontent in the Coast appears akin to a deadly rehearsal of sorts, and could jump like a virus across County boundaries in a matter of weeks. Unless people want to see the Military undertaking policing which they are unsuited and untrained for, it is time for the Mathew Itere's gloves to come off conclusively and decisively.

We will certainly destroy AS, but still lose the War to a much more insidious enemy right here at home!!

@Cylon - a little later, please, and I will'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mbaine Mon Aug 27 2012, 19:55

ole Nkarei wrote:
kimiti wrote:The guy and others were already dead men the minute they appeared to beat the government through the courts, they just were walking around not knowing it.

There is presently no law to handle dangerous treasonous characters like this man in Kenya today!! Which emboldens and grows them daily.

Law enforcement, which admit I know little about, is grounded on clear law - you do this, we kick your behind this way or that way! Now, in the absence of anti-terrorism law that legally criminalises the activities of fellas like this one, beyond the political pronouncements that is all we have presently, and which safeguards even those youthful victims of his indoctrination and brainwashing, isn't it inevitable that fire-meets-fire eventually? Our very National Fabric is at grave risk, and the enemies walk in our midst waving the Kenya Passport and Kenyan Constitution BoR!!

We will certainly destroy AS, but still lose the War to a much more insidious enemy right here at home!!

True indeed... Commissioner Iteere will have to be decisive.... the good book does say it is the little foxes that spoil the vineyard.These flareups unless contained may give the impression that the government is tolerant of "nyoko nyoko". I do not envy him though because it may end up being a band aid on a long festering wound. This haki yangu fever, the SLDF, MRC, and certain aspects of the volatility in our internal security are marked, in part by feelings of marginalisation in the communities involved. Now if only these MPs can expedite the legal framework for the devolution of power to county governments, people would have a sense of ownership and hope for self determination, which may allay these feelings of being disenfranchised and give the country a respite from this nonsense.
Again in my view, the Kenyan politician needs to evolve from his scum bag "Homo thieficus greedius". To have the speaker of the August house ask for a raise for the MP's while teachers, policemen, doctors and very mainstays of normal societal functioning are still waiting for existing CBA's to be signed is not only immoral but will make Kenyans feel more disenfranchised.
We are the most patriotic country in Africa, especally after Prezzo's fine run in BBA, and the Kemboi -Rudisha golds, and it is this spirit that we must build on as we seek to bring harmony to this beautiful land of ours.
Lets not be like the giant that was felled by a thousand tiny wounds, even worse, the self inflicted kind.
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Rogo death

Post  Uzi Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:09

@Kimiti many people knew this was going to happen but the time was unknown the guy must have thought he was very safe..[/quote]

What has the Rogo murder got to do with churches. Why attack christian places of worship? By their own actions they destroy the very religion they say is tolerant. Is everything simply black & white? Nkt.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Resident Collapses and Dies during KDF's Drill in Bungoma

Post  mogen Tue Aug 28 2012, 05:10

Kenya: Resident Collapse and Dies During KDF's Drill in Bungoma
BY REUBEN OLITA, 18 AUGUST 2012

Kenya Defense Forces recruitment exercise in Sirisia, Bungoma West yesterday turned tragic when a recruit collapsed and died. The 22 year-old man collapsed after a 5km jog to Sirisia hills. Senior recruitment officer, Isaiah Kangor said the man died two hours after undergoing treatment at Sirisia sub-district hospital.

The cause of death was not immediately known, but sources said he died from cardiac arrest, adding that he could have been asthmatic. The incident came a few days after another recruit died in Homa Bay, while participating in the recruitment exercise, raising the question of physical fitness among the youth....

At least six people have collapsed in Western Province since the start of the exercise to confirm the ill preparedness of the youths. In Mumias, a woman who finished first in the 3km race was disqualified after
medical tests confirmed she was pregnant.

Read More http://allafrica.com/stories/201208180670.html

Sudden cardiac death is common in otherwise fit-looking individuals (including sportspeople) who have 'silent' heart defects

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Aug 28 2012, 09:18

during my days we had to run at least 20 kilometers before even getting to the basic stuff during recruitment.
large numbers of people fell out at this stage.
and more would fall out at the medical stage... until only the best made it to the final stage/whole thing took a whole day

i remember during my time we had run from a place called ingotse to kakamega bukhungu(distance of 25kilometres) stadium and as we entered the stadium we had to do one lap as a very sharp eyed sergeant majors kept a sharp eye out for those who are not fit.

as we lined up in the center of the stadium..one mean looking soldier picked me out of the line because i had signs of that teenage acne on my face. he took me to a medic straight away who was almost booting me out telling me to go cure my acne then try next year. i was crying as i was leaving the place..when at the doorway another senior looking officer asked me what the problem was...he then asked me stop ..then went back to the military doctor...and somehow my booting out was overruled.
i later learned the guy who had saved my career was none other than the late BRIGADIER SHIGOLI a respected and decorated paratrooper...that was in 1984.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 09:27

cylon wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Precising-Strafing by the Bullet-Man - the Deltas dancing! And IAF restricted tech-transfers on enhanced capabilities for 3rd & early 4th generation Fighters.

KNS-Jasiri coming home is much, a hell of lot more, for Kenya than having a big armed / armored boat in our Boma! Everything changes, and dramatically too. Ngojeni hapo hapo!!

Please clarify sir on the bold parts

Risasi circling high above, a Delta team on location lights up the Target with Laser, Risasi picks it up and locks on, drops his package. Pretty simple hit accurate to a Meter.

What would have been the use of purchasing those F5e from Jordan if all they had was thirty-year technology, eh? Haven't you seen those VW Beetles wearing Subaru engines? Alloy Rims size 17inch from their original 12inch? Laughing Laughing

A Offensive Naval Asset like KNS Jasiri is pretty much useless by itself - and the 4Billion would be an unmitigated waste. The KDF/Navy has restructured in every aspect to a level previously only on paper.

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Aug 28 2012, 09:36

those thinking that an F5 is a sitting duck are not being realistic.
why would this same bird be still in the main stay as a primary aggressor training tool in the mighty US air force to date? why would a country like SWITZERLAND opt to keep at least fifty of these in service even after opting to modernize to grippens from Sweden?
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Assets human and hardware

Post  MOOZALENDO Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:39

countersniper wrote:those thinking that an F5 is a sitting duck are not being realistic.
why would this same bird be still in the main stay as a primary aggressor training tool in the mighty US air force to date? why would a country like SWITZERLAND opt to keep at least fifty of these in service even after opting to modernize to grippens from Sweden?

I imagine the quality of personnel available is one (if not the most) important source of strength for any institution/uniforms. Assets can be acquired in a jiffy with money but personnel take eons to train. My civvy 2 cents anyway.

Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:48

MOOZALENDO wrote:
I imagine the quality of personnel available is one (if not the most) important source of strength for any institution/uniforms. Assets can be acquired in a jiffy with money but personnel take eons to train. My civvy 2 cents anyway.

Mooz

Damn Right, Mooz. If your economy is large enough (Kenya's relative is), and your external military protocols with supplier-nations robust(Kenya relative has), you can get advanced birds in-theatre is a relatively short period of time - in crates and in Units. But you gotta be able to rapidly deploy them for the birds to have desired effect on War Operations - unless you will hire Ukrainian Merecenaries like both Ethiopia and Eritrea did ( how the hell would they have expected the Ukrainians to kill each other for them anyway?).Our Flyboys have build-in Conversion Training for 4th Gen American fighters, PRIMARILY to facilitate a seemless deployment of an enhanced procurement in the event of War.

Back to top Go down

Post  MOOZALENDO Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:25

ole Nkarei wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:

Mooz

Damn Right, Mooz. If your economy is large enough (Kenya's relative is), and your external military protocols with supplier-nations robust(Kenya relative has), you can get advanced birds in-theatre is a relatively short period of time - in crates and in Units. But you gotta be able to rapidly deploy them for the birds to have desired effect on War Operations - unless you will hire Ukrainian Merecenaries like both Ethiopia and Eritrea did ( how the hell would they have expected the Ukrainians to kill each other for them anyway?).Our Flyboys have build-in Conversion Training for 4th Gen American fighters, PRIMARILY to facilitate a seemless deployment of an enhanced procurement in the event of War.

@ON, all successful corporations know this little secret and they value their human resources very highly. Consider the case of Apple for instance or NASA for that matter. People end up staying in the company not as a source of largesse/bread and butter but out of passion. Even if they were not paid a cent, they could probably wake up and head there anyway, au sio?

Mooz.
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:29

sorry to diverge off the meal of the day...The more violence unfolds in Mombasa (round 2 is currently underway) the more i think these guys(security agencies) are managing this demos and waiting for the big one on Friday. It's a well known tradition that after swalat-ul-jumaa (Friday prayers) residents troop to the streets in demos all over this coastal city. I think that someone is patiently waiting for Friday so that all the perceived brigands will be in one spot. It will be one hell of a coup if MRC leadership n Al-Kebab sympathisers are caught in one place. However, if this is the ultimate plan then let them relegate the charges to unlawful demonstrations and disturbing the peace but please please not the stray bullet routine, it will bring one hell of a problem over here..

Radicals are going to have a field day with this one.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Tue Aug 28 2012, 13:29

jasiri wrote:sorry to diverge off the meal of the day...The more violence unfolds in Mombasa (round 2 is currently underway) the more i think these guys(security agencies) are managing this demos and waiting for the big one on Friday. It's a well known tradition that after swalat-ul-jumaa (Friday prayers) residents troop to the streets in demos all over this coastal city. I think that someone is patiently waiting for Friday so that all the perceived brigands will be in one spot. It will be one hell of a coup if MRC leadership n Al-Kebab sympathisers are caught in one place. However, if this is the ultimate plan then let them relegate the charges to unlawful demonstrations and disturbing the peace but please please not the stray bullet routine, it will bring one hell of a problem over here..

Brother Jasiri, you give the Kenyan authorities too much credit! It is evident that the their heads are still reeling thanks to what is going on in Mombasa. Sadly this is just the beginning and it sets the stage for what is to come.

The GOK does not have control of what is happening in the country. Tana River, Garissa, Mombasa and Mandera should make that clear to everyone by now. Yet again the government is grappling in the dark as our cities and towns burn. Our dreams of Kenyanna will remain the stuff of fantasy as long as the homeland is not defended. All the military hardware and maneuvering will yield nothing if we can not deal a devastating blow to this new movement in the homeland.

Rogo; Good riddance!
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:29

mekatilili wrote:
Brother Jasiri, you give the Kenyan authorities too much credit! It is evident that the their heads are still reeling thanks to what is going on in Mombasa. Sadly this is just the beginning and it sets the stage for what is to come.

The GOK does not have control of what is happening in the country. Tana River, Garissa, Mombasa and Mandera should make that clear to everyone by now. Yet again the government is grappling in the dark as our cities and towns burn. Our dreams of Kenyanna will remain the stuff of fantasy as long as the homeland is not defended. All the military hardware and maneuvering will yield nothing if we can not deal a devastating blow to this new movement in the homeland.

Rogo; Good riddance!

Sometimes the best way to deal with unrest is to let it burn itself down. Steam ikipungua , twanga kabisa! The same thing happened when the Jamaican cleric was deported. sasa hii wazimu. As for Rogo and ilk, Al Amin Kimathi saw the light, when the government shines its eye on you!

Chest thumping against the Government just wont work, ask the Mungiki and the SLDF. Coast dissidents (read MRC) and terror groups should now really lie low. the waters of the ocean are yawning and once you go theer with a tock tied to your legs, it can be assumed you went to Saudi for greener pastures. people have got lost in the Ngong Forest if you get my drift.

Last edited by kimiti on Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:44

jasiri wrote:sorry to diverge off the meal of the day...The more violence unfolds in Mombasa (round 2 is currently underway) the more i think these guys(security agencies) are managing this demos and waiting for the big one on Friday. It's a well known tradition that after swalat-ul-jumaa (Friday prayers) residents troop to the streets in demos all over this coastal city. I think that someone is patiently waiting for Friday so that all the perceived brigands will be in one spot. It will be one hell of a coup if MRC leadership n Al-Kebab sympathisers are caught in one place. However, if this is the ultimate plan then let them relegate the charges to unlawful demonstrations and disturbing the peace but please please not the stray bullet routine, it will bring one hell of a problem over here..

@Jasiri, @Kimiti and others

The radicals bent on causing mayhem have already started beating the drums of war against innocents.
Check this twitter updates from someone calling himself 'Mzelles Mujaahid'

@MzellesMujaahid wrote:.
1. Muslims hv BLED ENOUGH its high time we returned the FAVOR! Let us Kill any Pastor in sight! Any Kaafir close by! Lets Aim for their Necks!

2. Kenya will BURN DOWN! Wamewasha MOTO WENYEWE! wacha SASA IWAKE! Kama una KISU, PANGA, BUNDUKI au MAWE, Kill! Kill! Kill! TUANZE NA MAKASISI!

3. Islam is NOT a Religion of turning the other cheek No WAY! Its MORE LYK AN EYE FOR AN EYE n A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH so LETS KILL A PASTOR A DAY!

4. Two of our sheikhs #Aboud Rogo and #Sameer Khan have now been killed. Its time we too sent several pastors to a mass grave! KILL ANY PASTOR!

It is easy to locate and get this guy from his hideout. I'd start looking for him in Kenya
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Aug 28 2012, 16:06

mogen wrote:

@Jasiri, @Kimiti and others

The radicals bent on causing mayhem have already started beating the drums of war against innocents.
Check this twitter updates from someone calling himself 'Mzelles Mujaahid'

@MzellesMujaahid wrote:.
1. Muslims hv BLED ENOUGH its high time we returned the FAVOR! Let us Kill any Pastor in sight! Any Kaafir close by! Lets Aim for their Necks!

2. Kenya will BURN DOWN! Wamewasha MOTO WENYEWE! wacha SASA IWAKE! Kama una KISU, PANGA, BUNDUKI au MAWE, Kill! Kill! Kill! TUANZE NA MAKASISI!

3. Islam is NOT a Religion of turning the other cheek No WAY! Its MORE LYK AN EYE FOR AN EYE n A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH so LETS KILL A PASTOR A DAY!

4. Two of our sheikhs #Aboud Rogo and #Sameer Khan have now been killed. Its time we too sent several pastors to a mass grave! KILL ANY PASTOR!

It is easy to locate and get this guy from his hideout. I'd start looking for him in Kenya

Let the rats come out of their burrows so that they can be squashed, on friday names will have faces and lock or locks on targets will be realised. Hooray to a Kenya without terrorists!!!cheers cheers cheers
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Aug 28 2012, 16:39

officer down in mombasa, killed by a grenade
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Aug 28 2012, 17:08

cylon wrote:officer down in mombasa, killed by a grenade
where is the link?
more information please.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Tue Aug 28 2012, 17:31

countersniper wrote:
cylon wrote:officer down in mombasa, killed by a grenade
where is the link?
more information please.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politics/-/1064/1488860/-/9gm0kt/-/index.html here's the link ...

The current stuff in Tana River, NEP and recently in MSA need to be dealt with in finality…

… on MSA ... I believe that’s why we have security forces, they are there for a reason , they need to act there
and then, overwhelm the “enemy” with show of force and “destroy” him immediately … GOK should learn to stamp authority, it also doesn't feel like the GOK was on this one, looks more like an activation of sleeper cells in MSA, the rhetoric coming from the voices that are galvanizing the youths show clear intent that this was a calculated move to create sectarian conflict, the agenda was to create chaos and thrive in it, an extension of what failed in Garissa…
Rogo was dispensable for this guys and he had done his time, also the surveillance on the guy was becoming a liability … my concern is are the police watching Eastlando esp. Eastleigh and Majengo … coz that’s where it may head next … if it lasts till Friday it will be critical... my two sense
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Two killed, 15 injured in Mombasa grenade attack

Post  countersniper Tue Aug 28 2012, 17:35

This is very bad sign that things are bad in coast region

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000064968&story_title=Two-killed,-15-injured-in-Mombasa-grenade-attack
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Aug 28 2012, 18:20

This is the reason why i have always advocated for intelligence/military officers with deep understanding of communities to be recruited instead just the academically okay. People, the gov't included, have made a mistake of dismissing Mombasa as a polite, relaxed and generally trouble free area. This is where the go wrong. Mombasa is peaceful because the residents are aloof and generally don't attach themselves to Kenya in totality in the wider scheme of things. However, they are one very militant people. Rem Sheikh Balala of the Islamic Party of Kenya fame? The heritage of these people is shared with the Omani, Yemeni, Saudi, Iraqi and Iranian Arabs. They feel no bond towards Kenya other than the obvious one of residence.
When someone made the decision to assasinate this fiery cleric, they made the call based on a wrong assesement of the Msa youths. In their minds maybe, the protests would have gone on for a day after his burial and fizzled out. It wasn't supposed to happen as it is happening right now. This one if not quickly checked may result in a religious war. The Jamaican Sheikh (am not sure what this term means anymore) Abdullah Al-Faisal, tried this but with the wrong approach. His targets were the AIC Cathedral n the Catholic Cathedral in Msa. It was uncovered before he could act. Rogo tried the same, (by the way he was in a Mosque in Changamwe praising the work on Garissa and calling for more) and he didn't succeed. Simply put, the wrong insects were being provoked. Then somebody hit the jackpot, Rogo himself! He not only succeeded in firing up the right insects but at a very critical time too.
Some people assume that this will fizzle out naturally, but once you put a) angry idle muslim youths with b) radical preachers and c) a Jihadist agenda you have a nice recipe for 'martyrdom'. As it is, Rogo is already being hailed as a Shaheed or Martryr. The youths fighting for his supposed innocence are idle, jobless, crooks who now have a divine licence. They have nothing to loose. Let's wait for Friday tuone if it will go on ama it will stop.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 5 Empty Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Uzi Tue Aug 28 2012, 21:47

As Msa burns am reminded of the Trojan war when the Achaeans broke the siege of Troy and burnt the well fortified city. Its ironic that as we fight the Kebabs in Zoomaliya our own hind quarters are burning. Its obvious our achilles heel are the many sympathisers to the Kebabs among us. I thank God for the Christian community that has remained tolerant inspite of provocations. History has proven that a fort can only be destroyed from within. We have allowed tribalism to seperate us lets not allow our religious diversities bring out the worst in us. God bless Kenya
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:20

Uzi wrote:As Msa burns am reminded of the Trojan war when the Achaeans broke the siege of Troy and burnt the well fortified city. Its ironic that as we fight the Kebabs in Zoomaliya our own hind quarters are burning. Its obvious our achilles heel are the many sympathisers to the Kebabs among us. I thank God for the Christian community that has remained tolerant inspite of provocations. History has proven that a fort can only be destroyed from within. We have allowed tribalism to seperate us lets not allow our religious diversities bring out the worst in us. God bless Kenya

I think we would rather stop blowing things out of proportion here, Majengo that big slum in in an old island town does not constitute what is called Kenya. Kenya is big and just because some arabic goons who speak swahili are burning tyres in their mothers backyard should not be seen as if the whole country is going to the dogs. The security organs should infact be congratulated for restraining themselves because if they chose to respond like the way the South Africans did a few days ago, that Majengo slum would be turned into a big graveyard. If they want to taste the full might of our boys in blue let them just say 'come baby come'.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Aug 29 2012, 07:34

jasiri wrote:

There is going to be more trouble but you bet GSU guys are now in town and ready to handle it. Pity we may have some more lives lost.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Aug 29 2012, 07:37

Al Shabaab agents in our midst

This man (Aboud Rogo) was so daring as to incite people against their own. Just check the video clip below:

https://youtu.be/o5S-Dvd63t4
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Aug 29 2012, 08:43

ole Nkarei wrote:unless you will hire Ukrainian Merecenaries like both Ethiopia and Eritrea did ( how the hell would they have expected the Ukrainians to kill each other for them anyway?).
Well drafted buddy and there are kickbacks commission from manufactures for prolonging the war.

@MSA violence … I don’t want to look superstitious but August has never been the best month in the country.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next