THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  aggressor one Fri Sep 28 2012, 22:34

Analyst wrote:I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theater.

Gentlemen;

The whole AMISOM thing hardly makes sense to most intelligence and military officers since each traces the current AMISOM success in Somalia to months after Kenya launched Operation Linda Inchi.

The fact that AMISOM was in Somalia for more than half a decade only decays their name and capability whereby, their clout manifested after a specific player made entry to their theater, hence, if this player did not make the entry, their current success would not have manifested.

KDF was the catalyst that orchestrated events that shaped the success of AMISOM and most importantly, the current hope for a future for the Somali people.

Kenya has been instrumental in the diplomatic front lobbying for political leadership besides setting timelines to ensure peace and stability is possible.

As such, these three issues such as Migingo, Ilemi Triangle, Oromo militia, and any neighborly aggression becomes issues worth a look but hitherto will fizzle as those who bankroll them feel intimidated by such success as witnessed in Kismayu.

Intimidation is a war strategy where capacity exhibited by a defense force signifies strength and deterrent capability.

Kenya, as projected by intelligence analysts has used diplomacy, economics, and now military capability to acquire deterrent capability.

Unlike most powers and third world countries, who acquire/procure smart warfare arsenal including modern fighter jets in hordes, purchase of naval ships, and missile defense shields to acquire deterrent capability, Kenya's uses strategy and results to exhibit capacity to deter threats.

As such, the success in Somalia is indicative of this deterrent capability which will go a long way to warn and ward off foreign aggression.

As a person who has been visiting Somalia since UPDF first ventured there, i have appreciated the progress through the last five years. it is therefore wrong for somebody to claim that the notable success started after KDF joined the fray. the truth is that the battle strategy that previously observed 'self defence' an no 'offensive', that had been observed by AMISOM was changed in August 2010, after the militants attacked Kampala and bragged about it. After the attack, the entire country realized how dangerous these goons were and started comparatively supporting AMISOM.

For the soldiers on the ground, the war becam 'our war' and not 'Somaia's war' as the case was before the July 2010 attacks. By then, AMISOM numbered just 3,500 troops but by end of October 2010, the numbers had been raised to around 5,500. And between July an october, AMSOM had increased their control of the city from just 4 districts to 8 and that was achieved through heavy battles.

By January 2011, AMSOM was in control of at last 11 districts and by May, they were on the gates of Bakara market. By august last year, 90% of Mogadishu was under AMISOM and this was before the Kenyans went to Somalia. In October when KDF entered Somali, 95% of the capital was under AMISOM. I once again say that Mogadishu as captured without any force multipliers (planes and ships) and this as a ugandan makes me very proud of the tenacity of our forces.

To the contrary, Kenya has had so many advanages going for them. For starters, Mogadishu lost thousands of soldiers in Mogadishu that their numbers were long depleted before KDF entered the fray. When they lost Bakara market in August 2011, they lost billions of dollars worthy of taxes, so by the time KDF entered Kenya, the militants sources of revenue were depleted. thirdly, Kenya has the advantage of having their 'rear base' at home just accross the border. this explains why they were able to deploy the gun boats an ships even when these assets are not part of the AMISOM mandate. It is also very easy for Kenya to understandably deploy troop numbers beyond those allowed by AMISOM because it requires fewer logistics than Uganda.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Sep 28 2012, 22:39

aggressor one wrote:

As a person who has been visiting Somalia since UPDF first ventured there, i have appreciated the progress through the last five years. it is therefore wrong for somebody to claim that the notable success started after KDF joined the fray. the truth is that the battle strategy that previously observed 'self defence' an no 'offensive', that had been observed by AMISOM was changed in August 2010, after the militants attacked Kampala and bragged about it. After the attack, the entire country realized how dangerous these goons were and started comparatively supporting AMISOM.

For the soldiers on the ground, the war becam 'our war' and not 'Somaia's war' as the case was before the July 2010 attacks. By then, AMISOM numbered just 3,500 troops but by end of October 2010, the numbers had been raised to around 5,500. And between July an october, AMSOM had increased their control of the city from just 4 districts to 8 and that was achieved through heavy battles.

By January 2011, AMSOM was in control of at last 11 districts and by May, they were on the gates of Bakara market. By august last year, 90% of Mogadishu was under AMISOM and this was before the Kenyans went to Somalia. In October when KDF entered Somali, 95% of the capital was under AMISOM. I once again say that Mogadishu as captured without any force multipliers (planes and ships) and this as a ugandan makes me very proud of the tenacity of our forces.

To the contrary, Kenya has had so many advanages going for them. For starters, Mogadishu lost thousands of soldiers in Mogadishu that their numbers were long depleted before KDF entered the fray. When they lost Bakara market in August 2011, they lost billions of dollars worthy of taxes, so by the time KDF entered Kenya, the militants sources of revenue were depleted. thirdly, Kenya has the advantage of having their 'rear base' at home just accross the border. this explains why they were able to deploy the gun boats an ships even when these assets are not part of the AMISOM mandate. It is also very easy for Kenya to understandably deploy troop numbers beyond those allowed by AMISOM because it requires fewer logistics than Uganda.

100% with you on this bro. plus somalia is still a long way from being the haven of peace, or "liberated" for that matter...
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ned Starks Head Fri Sep 28 2012, 23:12

Guys can we tone down the KE UG rhetoric we are missing discussing the big show here. Where the heck is cranky old Flying Crane when you need him, he needs to swoop in here and put an end to all the rabble rousing comments. The UPDF has done a gallant job in crazy town and I for one agree that both operations leveraged off each other to achieve success in both their sectors. There is a time and place for the whose is longer than whose discussions Cool

Now back to the main course - the op we have just witnessed man the scope of it is breathtaking. Keep in mind no African navy has performed an amphibious assault since WW2 supposedly. I suspect that there are only a handful of countries (yes by that I mean you can count them on your fingers) who have managed to coordinate the logistics and then successfully execute a combined arms amphibious assault.

Just yesterday I was questioning the dangers of using a parachute insertion of personnel and what!!!! they go top that with an amphibious assault on a contested shore. Dude my hats off the KDF - they have demonstrated a quantum leap in capabilities.

Now with respect to Ktown whether it is 95% or 99% or 100% or whatever percent in control of the KDF is a little bit irrelevant at this early stage of the operation. We can save that discussion for a little later.

For those militarily inclined I would like to hear your views on the operation. First day para drop next day bham amphibious assault. Was it a diversion followed by the main assault or was it as the bullet man puts it training in a live environment, or was it cut off the retreating forces using the paras as an anvil and then hammer them with the sea borne troops. Soo many possibilities. Lets discuss

@ Bullet man we never really crossed words in anger on the forum. We only had some fairly technical discussions that bored some forum members to tears Smile. To refresh your memory that animal you see is a real Yak that I took a picture of. Hope that jogs your memory.
Ned Starks Head
Ned Starks Head

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Sep 29 2012, 00:11

Congrats to the KDF i knew the amphibious warfare approach was going to be used since i predicted it a while back, Commendable Job i can't wait to read the official battle stats and compare them with other world powers, A soldiers KDF kill ratio was probably 20 alshabab to 1. I haven't seen the story break out on CNN yet or even Fox news praising kenya...

Anyway, The real fight is about to begin Alshabab has melted themselves into the shadows and are now going to carry suicide bomber attacks, but these guys are are fleeing in a large group Risasi should be able to hunt them down and strafe 'em out....

P.S. somebody said we should turn this experience into a movie which i say is just wonderful idea make our own version of "BlackHawk Down" but we are successful unlike sammy. Plot one and two would be of UPDF/Burundi forces taking of mogadishu, and plots three, and four will be of KDF entrance in the theater leading to the invasion of Kismayo and swearing of the somalia president. These type of visual references would show Amisom success further
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Sep 29 2012, 00:38

cylon wrote:Congrats to the KDF i knew the amphibious warfare approach was going to be used since i predicted it a while back, Commendable Job i can't wait to read the official battle stats and compare them with other world powers, A soldiers KDF kill ratio was probably 20 alshabab to 1. I haven't seen the story break out on CNN yet or even Fox news praising kenya...

Anyway, The real fight is about to begin Alshabab has melted themselves into the shadows and are now going to carry suicide bomber attacks, but these guys are are fleeing in a large group Risasi should be able to hunt them down and strafe 'em out....

P.S. somebody said we should turn this experience into a movie which i say is just wonderful idea make our own version of "BlackHawk Down" but we are successful unlike sammy. Plot one and two would be of UPDF/Burundi forces taking of mogadishu, and plots three, and four will be of KDF entrance in the theater leading to the invasion of Kismayo and swearing of the somalia president. These type of visual references would show Amisom success further

@Cylon
The attack on Chai Town had stamp of authority, was spectacular and exemplary. Good enough to go down to the annals of military conquests. Unbelievable, the CDF himself was there to launch and oversee the mammoth operation!!! Kudos KDF

Standard Online wrote:
...A small team at the head of a snake-like formation inserted at the beach rapidly entered the city and took up positions before any militants could react to the surprise attack. The amphibious assault was supported by aerial bombardment of suspected Al Shabaab targets. Within hours, having met little resistance, KDF officials were claiming control of most of the port city...
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000067202&story_title=How-KDF-took-Kismayu

pic below shows Gen Karangi in driver's seat prepares for entry into Kismayu
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Gen_ka10

Pic below shows KDF General Karangi among soldiers preparing for Kismayu assault
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Gen_ka11

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sat Sep 29 2012, 08:29

Observer wrote:
Fabrizio wrote:
Uzi wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19754639
"Checkpoints were set up, with one eyewitness reporting that the AU forces appeared to include American or European troops. There have been numerous reports of US special forces operating against the Islamist militants in Somalia."

Does it hurt so much that Amisom is succeeding against all odds that they have to manufacture stories of their involvement? nway looking forward to the debriefs once all is said and done. Pix of chai town tafadhali
When it comes to bombardment of Kismayo and "loss of civilian" lives, the mzungu is more than happy to let KDF take the full credit. But when something like this happens, they cannot resist the urge to slip in a mzungu or two and take all the credit. I am usually reluctant to buy into the anti-African bias. But this one is hard to miss.

Here's more evidence that this was an African Job, the CGS was at the center of the planning it appears... note the Buggy/light strike vehicles (some of this equipment appears on the field during "D-Day" anyone with info of the purchases)

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Slide280912_1

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Slide280912_2

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Slide280912_3

the West will have to eventually agree that AMISOM outdid them in Somalia; pacifying Mogadishu and eventually taking on Kismayu not mentioning working out modalities of ensuring Somali has it's feet on the road to recovery... they need to swallow their pride and take confidence that their training was put to efficient use by African forces, perhaps a case of a student taking the teachers formula and using it to suit his environment... isn't that at the "core" of any professional force "adaptation"... i guess we can now begin to get rid of the term "untested" ... BTW will the use of Kenya Navy equipment be denied like they did with the initial bombardment of the port area?

that crawler = joyner trooper1100cc, T2 2ppl and T4 4ppl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npPRZ3hl1GU&feature=related

brown boots training B4 dday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7QqYIwOzE
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 29 2012, 09:09

mogen wrote:pic below shows Gen Karangi in driver's seat prepares for entry into Kismayu

Bro, I know you guys here are a very patriotic lot and all, but, was Gen. Karangi anywhere near Kismayu?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Sep 29 2012, 09:23

Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:pic below shows Gen Karangi in driver's seat prepares for entry into Kismayu

Bro, I know you guys here are a very patriotic lot and all, but, was Gen. Karangi anywhere near Kismayu?

Nope; i think it was just the send off; at least that's what the papers say. As You can see, it was getting dark

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sat Sep 29 2012, 11:00

aggressor one wrote:
Analyst wrote:I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theater.

Gentlemen;

The whole AMISOM thing hardly makes sense to most intelligence and military officers since each traces the current AMISOM success in Somalia to months after Kenya launched Operation Linda Inchi.

The fact that AMISOM was in Somalia for more than half a decade only decays their name and capability whereby, their clout manifested after a specific player made entry to their theater, hence, if this player did not make the entry, their current success would not have manifested.

KDF was the catalyst that orchestrated events that shaped the success of AMISOM and most importantly, the current hope for a future for the Somali people.

Kenya has been instrumental in the diplomatic front lobbying for political leadership besides setting timelines to ensure peace and stability is possible.

As such, these three issues such as Migingo, Ilemi Triangle, Oromo militia, and any neighborly aggression becomes issues worth a look but hitherto will fizzle as those who bankroll them feel intimidated by such success as witnessed in Kismayu.

Intimidation is a war strategy where capacity exhibited by a defense force signifies strength and deterrent capability.

Kenya, as projected by intelligence analysts has used diplomacy, economics, and now military capability to acquire deterrent capability.

Unlike most powers and third world countries, who acquire/procure smart warfare arsenal including modern fighter jets in hordes, purchase of naval ships, and missile defense shields to acquire deterrent capability, Kenya's uses strategy and results to exhibit capacity to deter threats.

As such, the success in Somalia is indicative of this deterrent capability which will go a long way to warn and ward off foreign aggression.

War is war! There is really no need to contest who has fought the harder or the easier part. Every move that has been made to liberate somalia is worthy to be appreciated. Sammy still failed with all the aircraft carriers, drones, advanced fighter jets, dollars, super power status etc Everybody knows how important kismayu is to AS. Just think of it for a moment! it takes exceptional & great courage for our green berets to jump off into the middle of chai town that the enemy had vowed to defend to the last drop. There is still a lot of hard work to be done but what we all know is that KDF is no longer that ceremonial 'untested' force that has always been depicted. Our soldiers have pulled an operation in a way that has not been seen in africa. it is as surprising as when a descendant of Kenya became US president!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Sep 29 2012, 11:27

Kobooz wrote:
aggressor one wrote:

Gentlemen;

War is war! There is really no need to contest who has fought the harder or the easier part. Every move that has been made to liberate somalia is worthy to be appreciated. Sammy still failed with all the aircraft carriers, drones, advanced fighter jets, dollars, super power status etc Everybody knows how important kismayu is to AS. Just think of it for a moment! it takes exceptional & great courage for our green berets to jump off into the middle of chai town that the enemy had vowed to defend to the last drop. There is still a lot of hard work to be done but what we all know is that KDF is no longer that ceremonial 'untested' force that has always been depicted. Our soldiers have pulled an operation in a way that has not been seen in africa. it is as surprising as when a descendant of Kenya became US president!

All that aggressor one is saying is that we should learn to appreciate efforts by all the AMISOM forces and give credit where due. This i agree. Let's not behave as if Uganda and Burundi have been in Mogadishu for catwalk.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Sat Sep 29 2012, 11:56

Olekoima wrote:
All that aggressor one is saying is that we should learn to appreciate efforts by all the AMISOM forces and give credit where due. This i agree. Let's not behave as if Uganda and Burundi have been in Mogadishu for catwalk.

This is sounding more and more like a nursery school rhyme song but it is because it's very important to bear in mind that eve if KDF have pulled a game changing move the UPDF and NDF of Burundi have done a fine job in Somalia. Just think about it without a secure relatively stable capital taking Kismayo would have been irrelevant. I am KE damu and proud of our troops to the last fiber but I think all this exceptionalism and chest thumping is doing more harm than good.

HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Empty Great work KDF: Now can the adulation be tempered for the time being please?

Post  MOOZALENDO Sat Sep 29 2012, 13:26

People, please temper the celebrations. A number of things are not in place yet and therefore require some restraint. There is clearly a case for acknowledging KDF, SNA and AMISOM input for current developments in Kismayo. Where we go overboard is when we rubbish every other achievement prior to this! I doubt that this is proper. I recognise that some (particularly the British press!!) seem to be disappointed (almost incensed!) by recent developments, so much so that these articles amazed, nay, amused me!

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/28/somalia-overcoming-al-shabaab-threat?INTCMP=SRCH

"...

However, cries of mission accomplished would be absurdly premature. First, the Kenyan "liberators" will not necessarily be greeted with sweets and flowers. Their naval bombardment of the port city has reportedly killed civilians, including two teenage boys and a pregnant woman, and caused thousands to flee. This week a Kenyan soldier allegedly went renegade and shot dead six civilians.

Al-Shabaab has reportedly been distributing weapons and may count on local sympathy if it clings on, seeking to test Kenyan soldiers' stomach for battle in prolonged urban warfare. As in Mogadishu, expect more roadside and suicide bombings as the group seeks to score propaganda coups.

It could also melt into hideouts in mountains, towns and villages in the southern countryside, while some members may seek to push across the border into Kenya..." the Africa Correspondent who corresponds from London!

That Al Shabaab has given up must gall this guy greatly...

2. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/islamist-group-may-lose-its-final-somalian-stronghold-8190457.html?origin=internalSearch

The "Independent" finds it too hard to report that Al Shitbab have high-tailed. Here is their spin:

"...Unconfirmed reports claimed US or European troops were in the vanguard that entered the city, but the US military command for Africa, Africom, said it was "not participating in Kenya's military activities."

Western diplomats in Nairobi said they had not been informed of the decision to enter the port city..."

Pray why could any sane commander call a meeting of western ambassadors to inform them that a military operation was to be launched at XXhrs?

THESE are the misrepresentations which need to be urgently and unequivocally countered by factual information.

Finally, Johny and Sammy may be allies but they have their own unending grouses with each other as attested to by this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/03/us-army-battles-british-afghanistan

...The meeting degenerated. So did the relationship. When the marines pushed into Now Zad that December, Powell's successor, Lindy Cameron, refused to provide the same sort of reconstruction resources accorded to other districts in the province because she didn't think it made sense to try to rebuild a city that by that point had been completely abandoned by its population. "They stiffed us," Nicholson seethed to me at the time. "So much for all of us being on the same team..."

I suspect they will NOT acknowledge the effectiveness of African Armies, the same way they could not treat the Afghans as mates!

KDF, UPDF, Burundi, Djibouti, Sierra Leone are all working towards a peaceful Somalia. If and when this is achieved, it will be a great big Horray for All, with newly minted reputations and proofs.

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  MOOZALENDO Sat Sep 29 2012, 13:33

Spartan wrote:

Perhaps not, but Spartan, suppose it turns out he was actually near there?
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Sep 29 2012, 14:24

MOOZALENDO wrote:
Spartan wrote:

@Spartaman & Moozalendo

The onslaught had a stamp of authority. We will confirm from the uniforms but there are reports [plus the pics] point to Gen Karangi launching the massive operation and leading his troops in Kismayu.

In the pic below he is on the 11M rigid inflatable with a team of SF. Can you spot him?
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Gen_ka12

And in the pic below he was there to launch the nighttime raid.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Gen_ka13

In the meantime I hear today, the al shaytans lost 2 key regional commanders: Sheikhs Hassan Yakub and Abdikarim Adow killed in late morning raids by KDF airstrikes. Southern Kismayu and its airport now under control of KDF.

How the forces entered Kismayu
https://youtu.be/cfSsxQuWDB8

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 29 2012, 15:30

mogen wrote:@Spartaman & Moozalendo
The onslaught had a stamp of authority. We will confirm from the uniforms but there are reports [plus the pics] point to Gen Karangi launching the massive operation and leading his troops in Kismayu.
Your claim doesn't even pass the protocol test, bro. This is an AMISOM say-so, no longer OLN. Gen. Karangi, like Gen. Aronda from UPDF, can only go to the mission hq (Mogadishu) to confer with the troops of the KDF contingent and make sure everything's fine. As the topmost commander of stakeholder country, they most likely share their plans with him and may request certain assistance and that's all. He can't order them or direct operations - such is the nature of peacekeeping/enforcement operations.

Boy, you guys are having a blast. Very Happy Very Happy
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Sat Sep 29 2012, 15:41

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6d.474Rj1ZtU7DnKDkgHng--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9ODU7dz0xNjAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/0604ea1c5d536f1b1c0f6a706700c9d5.jpg

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Sat Sep 29 2012, 15:45

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XltQ943IUwYl.ZBvUNJsJA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9ODU7dz0xNDg1/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/39dfd9c95d546f1b1c0f6a7067001414.jpg

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Sat Sep 29 2012, 15:46

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kFNQzZW49YpMvIDvIGUNDg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9ODU7dz0xNjYw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/9bab8f625d536f1b1c0f6a706700fec6.jpg

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Sat Sep 29 2012, 15:46

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/PrBbmzOEIghufj3tZUhi.Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9ODU7dz0xNjA0/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/9b8676545d546f1b1c0f6a70670003c9.jpg

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Sep 29 2012, 16:23

Spartan wrote:
Your claim doesn't even pass the protocol test, bro. This is an AMISOM say-so, no longer OLN. Gen. Karangi, like Gen. Aronda from UPDF, can only go to the mission hq (Mogadishu) to confer with the troops of the KDF contingent and make sure everything's fine. As the topmost commander of stakeholder country, they most likely share their plans with him and may request certain assistance and that's all. He can't order them or direct operations - such is the nature of peacekeeping/enforcement operations.

@Spartan
Agreed. Protocol prevents... Where do you suppose the pics were taken?. During the drills in Kenya/Kenya waters? Do you belief that Col Oguna (and maybe even the tweeting Major) has/are been giving updates from Kismayu? In the picture I see the top brass incl. Army Commander, Navy guy and a guy who looks like the AF Chief. A top special forces guy also appears to be there.

I hear the Airport, Jetty and many key areas are under KDF/AMISOM control. An inclusive admin to be announced very shortly.

It is a major achievement and a blast, siyo mbaya bwana. hey Smile Smile

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabrizio Sat Sep 29 2012, 17:21

Spartan wrote:

Spartan,

There are critical aspects of this operation that are strictly OLN. The amphibious operation for example. That could only succeed with heavy suppression fire from Kenya Navy ships. Only last week AMISOM distanced itself from any incident arising from the use of air and naval power. They effectively washed their hands off such operations and poured the dirty water on Kenya. They cannot suddenly turn around and try to take all the credit now that favorable details are emerging from that operation.

The operations in the KDF sector, are an interesting wrinkle in this whole AMISOM saga. While legally under AMISOM, they are a little more nuanced than those by the Burundians and Ugandans for obvious reasons. The Kenyans rely on air support. But AMISOM wont clear that, so you cannot claim that is an AMISOM op. But you are right, if you believe its better that the goals of KDF in that theater should be shared by AMISOM.

Fabrizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:13

mogen wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:
Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:

@Spartaman & Moozalendo

In the pic below he is on the 11M rigid inflatable with a team of SF. Can you spot him?

Hey bro i think u r stretching ur imagination here can u honestly spot the General on the inflatable? Laughing
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:27

wow,daggers drawn out,everyone on the ready.am sure when ON,Jas and Risasi return with the tea..we the askaris will feel the wrath of the officers,so dont kill each other please.
my two cents worth is that the kenyan planners foresaw a need for all the equipment in use in zoomaliya,and refused to back down on their use as it guarranteed troop safety as well as ease in consolidating gains..for that,hats off to the planners.and this,i believe, is what is causing mixed reactions and daggers being drawn.lets first await the recap of the ops for fair discussion,but all the same, one should never play according to the rules when it means that troop safety is guarranteed as well as complete neutralisation of the enemy combatants.traditional folklore told the story of a warrior who sent his troops to war with a blessing and telling them that they would be bulletproof.i believe most of us know how the story ended.now relate to present day zoomaliya theatre

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:01

mogen wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:
Spartan wrote:

@Spartaman & Moozalendo

And in the pic below he was there to launch the nighttime raid.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Gen_ka13

In the meantime I hear today, the al shaytans lost 2 key regional commanders: Sheikhs Hassan Yakub and Abdikarim Adow killed in late morning raids by KDF airstrikes. Southern Kismayu and its airport now under control of KDF.

How the forces entered Kismayu
https://youtu.be/cfSsxQuWDB8

@Uzi I believe the CDF is the guy right behind the driver in blue fatigues.
@Mogen @mzalendo

The report below indicates that the pictures were taken in Kenya. The beach landing pictures are from an earlier simulation exercise. The CDF was at hand to meet the troops before they left for chai town. Also note that the beach assault commenced at 0200hrs, the picture of the CDF in RIB was take in during daylight. Another giveaway, look at the infrastructure in the background and posture of the troops. I don't think soldiers who have just landed behind enemy lines would sit down by the road side and pose under street lights to take pictures.

Anyhow, kudos to KDF/AMISOM! A much maligned african effort is on the verge of succeeding where the mighty failed miserably. The western media is not taking this pleasantly, notice the subtle injections that white soldiers were seen manning checkpoints? Radio Andulus is reported to have used this as a call to arms against the "invaders". Someone somewhere wants to see us fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSsxQuWDB8&list=UUekTpzKodObpOcmvVCFUvTw&index=9&feature=plpp_video
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:19

Alshabab is fleeing the city and they are going to hit hard the advancing troops by road and this is where the battle will begin, This will be where alshabab will be slaughtered like sheep KDF is already waiting for them so R.I.P. Alshabab....

A round of applause to Amisom and the AU, the SNA, Somalia President, everybody has shed blood for this battlefield of Somalia we have done it as neighbors, as brothers and as friends we have final brought peace to the Horn. Now we will leave the battlefield as brothers, the somali people will forever remember us

Next we can probably go liberate Mali since ECOWAS is getting coldfeet and can't reach a consensus, AU should allows us to jump in....
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:14

Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. I've heard of KDF jets in Bardhare; does this belong to the Sector 2?

2. Where are Sierra leone troops? I thot they were supposed to be in sector 2, yet ON once said they were in Mog "policing"

3. Have the UPDF/BDF reached their 12,000 limit? Apart from the 9500 troops in sector 1, where are the other 2500 troops?

Thanks

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Empty Hi guys

Post  Guest Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:53

Iv been a lurker in this forum for years (i think) and i think if there was ever a good time to post anything its now. Just wanted to congratulate my brothers in the KDF for a job well done and this is regardless of any eventual outcome in somalia. I have never doubted the abilities of the KDF one reason being that two of the smartest people i know are serving in the army and air force. so Kudos guys and know that the wananchi have your backs always!! i hope im welcome here in the forum Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 19 Empty Pongezi

Post  firewall Sat Sep 29 2012, 22:54

I too, a lurker like Kaboom, will join in congratulating KDF, UPDF, SNA and all other parties involved in steering the Somali cause to more peaceful waters. Good job for you in boots who are in this forum, we await your safe return and a insightful debrief of the operations. You guys have made the greater EAC proud.

Cheers.
firewall
firewall

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Sep 30 2012, 01:28

Uzi wrote:
mogen wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:
Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:

@Spartaman & Moozalendo

Hey bro i think u r stretching ur imagination here can u honestly spot the General on the inflatable? Laughing

@Uzi
Yes, I also think the CDF is in the stand-out camo and seated behind the captain of that vessel.
And yes these appear to be training exercises. Nevertheless, I believe he was there to see them off (together with his Chiefs) seen in the other pic listening to him.

The inflatable craft carrie upto 10 and to land hundreds of soldiers on Kismayu beaches using 10 inflatables they'd require several short trips from a ship stationed in the sea nearby. Of course the soldiers had to be transported to some place then get on a craft to take them closer to Kismayu beaches. The operation may have started at dusk and by 1.30am the landing on Kismayu beaches would have been completed.

The chief may have flagged them off then gone to follow status reports. Those guys could feed their boss [holed up at Manda Bay or somewhere] with live clips from the battle zone without problem

In the meantime:
“KDF has captured the following:
-old town (now moving towards the new town),
-Al-Shabaab command centre north of the city [where 2 regional commanders were killed]
-the airport, Kismayu university and
-a major road block that was being used by Al-Shabaab

and moving

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sun Sep 30 2012, 08:14

• 25th jana abdalla taken north of Chai town. Civilian injured in the assault. Puma apc ,infantry and AML60/90 prepare to take kismayo from the north and north west.A.S secures the area with road side IED anti tank trenches and poison water wells. The mother of all battles imminent at the north/west of kismayo.
• 26th night air raids Kismayo air port
• 26th mornings “the bait”. A day light spectacular Para drop.. A.S expecting engagement from Jana abdalla area. With draw most fighter from the city head towards the para zone leaving the city lightly defended, while still securing the north/west chai town. Intel reports a mass A.S exodus towards the new front line the para zone. media house accidentally report it as A.S withdraw from the city. Weapons truck , personnel diverted to the would be the new“front line”
• 28th night the operation sledge hammer. The right side Jab.A.S caught on they backs going towards the west while an amphibious attack hits them from the east. Intel report Chai town is a ping pong of activities A.S moving all over the city uncoordinated.
• Air assets brought in to neutralize.
• 28th day signal intel zero in at A.S commanders radioing directive from a list of safe houses. SF sent to neutralize them. two gundown others flee.
• 29th North and west side troops start moving forward in mop ops. As caught between a rock and a hard place.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next