THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

+37
mchoraji
proud kenyan
mekatilili
firewall
kimiti
Mbaine
HokumA
SS Jamuhuri
Uzi
Nesta
Observer
Al Bashir
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
georiise
mogen
Fabrizio
MOOZALENDO
cylon
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
mwepesi
countersniper
Sierra Kilo
vince
Kobooz
Batian
one man army
Spartan
tempest
jasiri
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
41 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 19 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 19 2012, 18:33

Hahaha we have had our shares of identical twins, SINer and Analysts, among many. initially I thought Cylone and Jas was one and the same.

Usipote sana Vitruvian nyumbani ni nyumbani ata kama ndugu zako na majirani wako na tabia wewe pitia tuu usalimeye wazee.

O.N CAS is always available late entry to counter you understand wakati huu tumeshikika P.C has alot of assignments. in shenge they say Kuwa mpole...meaning wait..Very Happy Very Happy i wonder where swahili is heading to when we start alterating common useful words.

Hey Spartan come out I see you peeping from the perimeters. I hear you got new toys? tells more
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 19 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Fabrizio Wed Sep 19 2012, 20:17

ole Nkarei wrote:

Meantime there is an closed dance in Chai Town - you'all invited. Hyena meat is not
on the barbecue. No booze no girls though.

Beach-head established a while ago. All assets (air, land and sea) moving to target.
I am trying to reconcile this story with this one here Al Kebab Pour Back Into Kismayo. Is the dance still ongoing? Was the widely reported exit a ruse or tactic by Al-Shabab that the uniforms are familiar with?

Fabrizio

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 19 2012, 20:46

Now Crane is one funny fellow. One moment he is posting in english like a class 2 dropout the next moment he is all suave and polished. . .very much in diction and style to O.N Mzee hebu toboa siri hapa, is Crane KDF or UPDF? pirat
Risasi, SERIOUSLY!!!!
I thought Cylone and Jas was one and the same.
Ouch! Shocked
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 19 2012, 20:48

Fabrizio wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Meantime there is an closed dance in Chai Town - you'all invited. Hyena meat is not

Beach-head established a while ago. All assets (air, land and sea) moving to target.
I am trying to reconcile this story with this one here Al Kebab Pour Back Into Kismayo. Is the dance still ongoing? Was the widely reported exit a ruse or tactic by Al-Shabab that the uniforms are familiar with?
IT BEGINS This where you wish you were a combat pilot instead of a ground hog.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  MOOZALENDO Thu Sep 20 2012, 05:03

jasiri wrote:
Fabrizio wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

The bombings were to be coordinated in Kampala, Nairobi and Mombasa. In Mombasa they were to explode their bombs at Pirates Club. Investigators said yesterday the bombs had been put together by an expert. One of the two suspects had previously been hit by a mortar while in Somalia.

He was later treated at three top Nairobi hospitals including KNH. His right hand is partially paralyzed and he has scars from his shoulder to the elbow. After recovering he went back to Somalia. Detectives want to interview the doctors who treated him in Nairobi. The Kenyan youth was convinced that the United States was determined to destroy Muslims and that he needed to join a special group to defend the faith.

Treated in Kenyan hospitals!! Whazzup?

Unbelievable.

Mooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Sep 20 2012, 08:28

MOOZALENDO wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Fabrizio wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

The bombings were to be coordinated in Kampala, Nairobi and Mombasa. In Mombasa they were to explode their bombs at Pirates Club. Investigators said yesterday the bombs had been put together by an expert. One of the two suspects had previously been hit by a mortar while in Somalia.

He was later treated at three top Nairobi hospitals including KNH. His right hand is partially paralyzed and he has scars from his shoulder to the elbow. After recovering he went back to Somalia. Detectives want to interview the doctors who treated him in Nairobi. The Kenyan youth was convinced that the United States was determined to destroy Muslims and that he needed to join a special group to defend the faith.

Treated in Kenyan hospitals!! Whazzup?
Unbelievable.
Mooz

Aghhhhh, those thankless brigands!!!!!!. Biting the hand that feeds them. The shame/eyesore, aka Dadaab, should be closed as soon as possible.
BTW: the story is at http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/94864-car-breakdown-saved-nairobi-from-suicide-bombers
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Sep 20 2012, 08:57

Risasi wrote:Hey Spartan come out I see you peeping from the perimeters. I hear you got new toys? tells more

There are no new toys, to the best of my knowledge. If you got wind of four jets overflying K'la yesterday (it doesn't happen everyday coz the city is a no-fly zone), they were the usual Sukhois either on routine training/engine warm-ups or rehearsing for the Jubilee celebrations. Maybe Aggressor can throw more light.

On the 'peeping', yes, I check the site everyday. If I don't post, I have nothing to say.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Thu Sep 20 2012, 14:10

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:How far the forum's intellect has veered from that original noble quest when the few (the happy few, tyhe band of brothers Very Happy ) drifted here from the Chronicle after giving the breath of life to Nipate. Kudos to ole Nkarei, Jasiri, Risasi, Olekoima, Spartan for sticking through thick and thin. The likes of SPIDERman, Mwaura, "D," Mugwiira, yours truly, even Areba seem to have lost the stomach for it.
Please guys, don't do a Nipate on this one.

Hey Vitruvian! Long time no hear, mate. All alright witcha and little angels?

Btw - your twin Mekatilili followed your exit but preceded your return. Curious?

Don't give up, do you? Allow me to reiterate, for the record:
Vitruvian and Mekatilili are 2 DISTINCT entities, regardless of any similarities vis-à-vis philosophy, writing style, whatnot. There are 6.something billion humans and 40-something million Kenyans. Surely, it is not that difficult to find 2 like-minded individuals, on the same forum, no less.
In any case, what would be the point? We have not been complementing each other's posts.
And with THAT desk job, Tom, I'm sure you have the means to verify.

mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:24

Risasi wrote:I can see crane had a field day at the blog Hahahhah!!!! Don’t worry guys crane is a territorial beast he means no harm just wants to secure the environment. we are one big EAC family equal to none.
@gunships I would always prefer the MD500 over kismayo than most. The front windscreen offers wide visibility for the pilots. it has a crew of 4 i.e extra eye from the bird, A true scout chopper.

Its thumbs up to the “little bird” in chai town also due to maneuverability & versatility. A great concern has to do with minimizing collateral damage hence the concern about the KNS shelling. Does the little bird have “smart munition” capability?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Sep 21 2012, 16:15

Museveni is a God-guided leader, says Angina
By Moses Mulondo
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 19 Mj_gen10
Army MP and chief of staff for Land Forces, Maj. Gen. Charles Angina has said Uganda is blessed to have President Yoweri Museveni because he is a God-guided leader....
rest of the story at: http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/635469-museveni-is-a-god-guided-leader--says-angina.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Sep 21 2012, 18:51

mogen wrote:Museveni is a God-guided leader, says Angina
By Moses Mulondo
Army MP and chief of staff for Land Forces, Maj. Gen. Charles Angina has said Uganda is blessed to have President Yoweri Museveni because he is a God-guided leader....
rest of the story at: http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/635469-museveni-is-a-god-guided-leader--says-angina.html

You can't begrudge the man, he had just returned from Fort Lavenworth before being promoted, appointed COS and going to parliament. I definately would think so myself Laughing .

That said, this story made news because a General used God to explain what he thought. In Uganda there is no shortage of soldier-believers. I am one. And so is the greatest living Ugandan battlefield legend. One thing the CiC has bemoaned time again is the premature death of very good commanders due to what he calls 'indiscipline' in their personal lives.

For that reason, 90% of the generals who have benefited from advanced training in the US, Israel, China etc like the Fort Lavenworth alumni (Col. Lokech, Col. Ondoga, Gen. Nyakairima, Brig. Lakara, Lt. Gens Kayihura and Guti, Col. Gwanga, Col. Musanyufu) are either teetotalers, born-again or both.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sat Sep 22 2012, 08:40

Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:Hey Spartan come out I see you peeping from the perimeters. I hear you got new toys? tells more

There are no new toys, to the best of my knowledge. If you got wind of four jets overflying K'la yesterday (it doesn't happen everyday coz the city is a no-fly zone), they were the usual Sukhois either on routine training/engine warm-ups or rehearsing for the Jubilee celebrations. Maybe Aggressor can throw more light.

On the 'peeping', yes, I check the site everyday. If I don't post, I have nothing to say.

Apparently, there is information that negotiations are on for six more SU-30s on top of what we already have. And, this information comes from the manufacturers themselves. You can see it on very many links, by simply goggling 'Uganda to acquire more fighter jets,'

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 22 2012, 09:58

aggressor one wrote:Apparently, there is information that negotiations are on for six more SU-30s on top of what we already have. And, this information comes from the manufacturers themselves. You can see it on very many links, by simply goggling 'Uganda to acquire more fighter jets,'

I've been caught flatfooted on this one, bro. But am I surprised? No. Any airforce worth its salt has to be able to summon at least a single squadron, and you can't do that with six jets. One thing's for sure - the technocrats, and the CiC himself, have a fight on their hands in parliament.

Now, I used to find it odd that Rosoboronexport would let the cat out of the bag even before the ink has dried on the contract papers. No longer. These guys are arms salesmen. Uganda is now their excellent selling reference. It's like saying 'If Uganda can have these, you can definately afford them also. And by the way, they are your neighbours'
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sat Sep 22 2012, 11:02

Spartan wrote:
aggressor one wrote:Apparently, there is information that negotiations are on for six more SU-30s on top of what we already have. And, this information comes from the manufacturers themselves. You can see it on very many links, by simply goggling 'Uganda to acquire more fighter jets,'

I've been caught flatfooted on this one, bro. But am I surprised? No. Any airforce worth its salt has to be able to summon at least a single squadron, and you can't do that with six jets. One thing's for sure - the technocrats, and the CiC himself, have a fight on their hands in parliament.

Now, I used to find it odd that Rosoboronexport would let the cat out of the bag even before the ink has dried on the contract papers. No longer. These guys are arms salesmen. Uganda is now their excellent selling reference. It's like saying 'If Uganda can have these, you can definately afford them also. And by the way, they are your neighbours'

The new Mils-both 17 and 28 are being chased 'ASAP' and once they land, we shall have a complete air-force. Meanwhile, on Thursday i caught a glimpse of the L-39s overflying the city, perhaps in preparation for Jubilee celebrations.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 22 2012, 11:35

aggressor one wrote:The new Mils-both 17 and 28 are being chased 'ASAP' and once they land, we shall have a complete air-force. Meanwhile, on Thursday i caught a glimpse of the L-39s overflying the city, perhaps in preparation for Jubilee celebrations.

I didn't glimpse out yesterday, but from Tuesday it's been the SU-30s. I sit on a hill and could clearly see their camouflage and markings when they are low. Never heard of L-39s in our inventory.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sat Sep 22 2012, 11:59

Spartan wrote:
aggressor one wrote:The new Mils-both 17 and 28 are being chased 'ASAP' and once they land, we shall have a complete air-force. Meanwhile, on Thursday i caught a glimpse of the L-39s overflying the city, perhaps in preparation for Jubilee celebrations.

I didn't glimpse out yesterday, but from Tuesday it's been the SU-30s. I sit on a hill and could clearly see their camouflage and markings when they are low. Never heard of L-39s in our inventory.

L-39s have been here for some time. Actually, they were used during the Presidential swearing in last year, then on Independence day last year in Lira.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Sep 22 2012, 12:13

aggressor one wrote:L-39s have been here for some time. Actually, they were used during the Presidential swearing in last year, then on Independence day last year in Lira.

You should know. Two nil to you. Damn..
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Sep 22 2012, 13:53

Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:Museveni is a God-guided leader, says Angina
By Moses Mulondo

You can't begrudge the man, he had just returned from Fort Lavenworth before being promoted, appointed COS and going to parliament. I definately would think so myself Laughing .

That said, this story made news because a General used God to explain what he thought. In Uganda there is no shortage of soldier-believers. I am one. And so is the greatest living Ugandan battlefield legend. One thing the CiC has bemoaned time again is the premature death of very good commanders due to what he calls 'indiscipline' in their personal lives.

For that reason, 90% of the generals who have benefited from advanced training in the US, Israel, China etc like the Fort Lavenworth alumni (Col. Lokech, Col. Ondoga, Gen. Nyakairima, Brig. Lakara, Lt. Gens Kayihura and Guti, Col. Gwanga, Col. Musanyufu) are either teetotalers, born-again or both.

@Sparta man
Salute you soldier. You are spot on. We are what we eat and drink.
Just like leaders, soldiers need to be physically fit and live in a way that enhances their fitness. Check this pic of typical kenya policeman - circulating on the Internet: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 19 Kenya_11 This security man can drop dead trying to chase or prevent someone from snatching his pistol.

A bit of history: Way back in the late 1800s doctors routinely prescribed cigarette smoking to 'treat' asthma and a range of chest infections. At that time a poorly-educated American woman encouraged exercise, fresh air, sunshine, water, fibre intake (i.e. from wholesome/fresh foods), adequate sleep and abstinence from tobacco + alcohol. She was right. 'Science' was wrong. In the early 1900s cycling competitors were advised to take several buffs of cigarette smoke before tackling an ascent. Logic: smoking accelerates the heart beat - widely believed to enhance performance. It is now proven the science was wrong.

In 1954 Dr Graham Burkitt, a British missionary surgeon, arrived in Gulu, Uganda. Five years later he attended a Surgeons' conference in London where he presented his startling findings from a remote hospital in Uganda. For 5yrs Dr Burkitt actively investigated his patients in order to identify any cancers early. He had a specific interest in bowel cancer none of which he saw at Gulu which was a sharp contrast from his experience in London where a new case was diagnosed every 1 or 2 weeks. He told his colleagues: "I have investigated patients thoroughly and found no bowel cancer in Ugandans yet many Britons suffer the scourge. I see only one difference between Ugandans and Britons. Ugandans eat more wholesome/fibre-rich foods while Britons consume lots of refined foods. Perhaps, dietary fibre may be the key to prevention of bowel cancers", he said. They scoffed at his supposition. Years later, everyone now agrees with Dr Burkitt.

A man such as Pres Obama who is an avid exercise enthusiast cancels the benefit of exercising by his continued smoking. Alcohol, smoking, drugs, a sedentary lifestyle, high-fat high-sugar, low-fibre diet are a huge setback to any fitness efforts. Moderation doesn't count here because a little poison will still kill you, eventually. That is if you care about health and fitness.

Last edited by mogen on Sat Sep 22 2012, 17:28; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 22 2012, 17:02

Ain't no fly-boy but I reckon that czech trainer jet was integral to the Sukhoi procurement. The sensible way to effect conversion of older aviators and train new ones. A half-squadron of these, no?

Replacement the Hinds was definitely expected. I would be pleasantly surprised if it happens this year. But the Old Man across Busia moves with amazing alacrity, I dare say.

@Spartan - I Spent some days this week around Rubavu, Rutshuru, Goma, and parts in Kivu. Those fellas have all but secede from Kinshasa; the Tall Man has effectively expanded his Country by Five times as we all danced kwasakwasa with him! It will take more than the Neutral Force to repair this mess, aiseee!

Those queries I posed to you the answers world have served me very , man
Next time I transit through your town, I will halt a while to collect. PM you.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:28

Such are the stories that MAKE ME SEETH WITH RAGE! How this was possible in God's name i fail to understand! Reminds me of the Israeli Embassy in Upper Hill.
What happened is that Maj Gen Pecos Kutesa’s official car was hit from behind by an American embassy car, whereupon two guys jumped out of the offending vehicle and, instead of apologising for their recklessness, pulled the general’s driver out and beat him up.

They then pulled out their diplomatic bayonets and slashed the tyres of the general’s car
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:01

jasiri wrote:Such are the stories that MAKE ME SEETH WITH RAGE! How this was possible in God's name i fail to understand! Reminds me of the Israeli Embassy in Upper Hill.
What happened is that Maj Gen Pecos Kutesa’s official car was hit from behind by an American embassy car, whereupon two guys jumped out of the offending vehicle and, instead of apologising for their recklessness, pulled the general’s driver out and beat him up.

They then pulled out their diplomatic bayonets and slashed the tyres of the general’s car

@Jas
The story here: http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/OpEd/comment/I+would+protest+this+new+Rambo+diplomacy/-/434750/1514998/-/ful5ncz/-/index.html is truly mind boggling.

Indeed, it is so true, official America should be wary of infiltration by terrorists who pose as US Diplomats overseas. Their conduct and actions being anything but diplomatic. The cool-headed UPDF officers' response to the primitive uncalled-for provocation was exemplary and commendable. Shame on the American diplomats-cum-terrorists.

BTW: The ugly/annoying sign 'Welcome to Nairobi's Safest Street' is long gone from that Upper Hill street. A relief to Nairobians.

The video clip, US Officials assault UPDF Officer, is here https://youtu.be/oWcA_AZ1AWM
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 19 Empty Uganda in Talks for More Su-30 Fighter Jets

Post  tempest Sun Sep 23 2012, 18:29

Uganda in Talks for More Su-30 Fighter Jets

PRETORIA, September 21 (RIA Novosti)

Uganda is in talks with Russian state arms export company Rosoboronexport over an option purchase of six more Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighter jets, the company's Deputy Director Alexander Mikheyev said on Friday at an arms exhibition in South Africa.

Uganda signed its first contract to buy six Su-30MK2 fighters this year, he said. "Now, we are talking about an option, the Ugandans expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of this type," he said.

Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.

"We have signed a contract this year to sell six Mi-17s to Ghana," he said. The first two aircraft will be delivered to Ghana in a year, he said, adding talks are also underway about setting up a helicopter service center in the region.

Russia ‘Ready’ to Export Su-30 Fighters to Africa
Russia is ready to sell Su-30s and other modern fighter jets to African countries, state-controlled arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Saturday. Delivery contracts with countries such as Uganda, Angola, Ethiopia and others should include personnel training programs and after-sales servicing, Rosoboronexport’s deputy chief Alexander Mikheyev said.

This year Russia has delivered six Su-30MK2 multirole fighters to Uganda and is currently in talks to diversify cooperation, he added. Mikheyev said on Friday Uganda expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of that type. Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Sep 24 2012, 08:59

More:-

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Russia+says+Uganda++to+buy+six+more+jets/-/688334/1514634/-/fsvt6h/-/index.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Sep 25 2012, 11:43

Related:-

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/We+will+not+cut+Defence+budget++says+Museveni/-/688334/1516316/-/feg7sw/-/index.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 25 2012, 12:07

tempest wrote:Uganda in Talks for More Su-30 Fighter Jets

Uganda is in talks with Russian state arms export company Rosoboronexport over an option purchase of six more Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighter jets, the company's Deputy Director Alexander Mikheyev said on Friday at an arms exhibition in South Africa.

Uganda signed its first contract to buy six Su-30MK2 fighters this year, he said. "Now, we are talking about an option, the Ugandans expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of this type," he said.

Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.

"We have signed a contract this year to sell six Mi-17s to Ghana," he said. The first two aircraft will be delivered to Ghana in a year, he said, adding talks are also underway about setting up a helicopter service center in the region.

Russia ‘Ready’ to Export Su-30 Fighters to Africa
Russia is ready to sell Su-30s and other modern fighter jets to African countries, state-controlled arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Saturday. Delivery contracts with countries such as Uganda, Angola, Ethiopia and others should include personnel training programs and after-sales servicing, Rosoboronexport’s deputy chief Alexander Mikheyev said.

This year Russia has delivered six Su-30MK2 multirole fighters to Uganda and is currently in talks to diversify cooperation, he added. Mikheyev said on Friday Uganda expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of that type. Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.

Any done deals in your side tempest? russies or orients ?
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Sep 25 2012, 12:34

[quote="Risasi"]

None of this has been confirmed, it must be noted. Yesterday, the CiC was asked about these by journalists. On the jets;
The Daily Monitor wrote:We have not signed any contracts for new jets but if we get new funds
in the future, we will continue building our airforce,” he said. “This,
however, doesn’t rule out in the future that we may be buying new jets.
Building our army is a continuous process

On replacing the crashed choppers;
The Daily Monitor wrote:..the government will replace the three Mi-24
attack helicopters which crashed on Mt Kenya on August 12. He said money
for use in replacing the aircraft has been saved through “some
economies”.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:25

@spartan I was asking Tempest on any done deals for his airfocre. They were to get new birds any time…….now that you mentioned it new toys are coming you way ehhh..Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and I asked you earlier you denied.Laughing Anyway that’s a good positive move new apc mambas,Gunships and extra Su30.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Tue Sep 25 2012, 16:43

Uzi wrote:
Risasi wrote:I can see crane had a field day at the blog Hahahhah!!!! Don’t worry guys crane is a territorial beast he means no harm just wants to secure the environment. we are one big EAC family equal to none.
@gunships I would always prefer the MD500 over kismayo than most. The front windscreen offers wide visibility for the pilots. it has a crew of 4 i.e extra eye from the bird, A true scout chopper.

Its thumbs up to the “little bird” (MD500) in chai town also due to maneuverability & versatility. A great concern has to do with minimizing collateral damage hence the concern about the KNS shelling. Does the little bird have “smart munition” capability?

Bullet man gud ur back this has been on ur in-tray
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Sep 25 2012, 18:02

[quote="Spartan"]
Risasi wrote:

None of this has been confirmed, it must be noted. Yesterday, the CiC was asked about these by journalists. On the jets;
The Daily Monitor wrote:We have not signed any contracts for new jets but if we get new funds

economies”.

In my view, the deal is as good as done. Many governments will initially deny such things which eventually come to the open. Even in the previous purchase of the 6 Sukhois there was denial. It was always going to be a matter of time before UG added another batch to make a full squadron. This is sensible.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Sep 26 2012, 04:35

[quote="Olekoima"]
Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:

economies”.

In my view, the deal is as good as done. Many governments will initially deny such things which eventually come to the open. Even in the previous purchase of the 6 Sukhois there was denial. It was always going to be a matter of time before UG added another batch to make a full squadron. This is sensible.

@Olekoima

I hope we do not end up with a little arms race in our region. It won't be so good for us. In fact, it will hurt our people.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next