THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

+37
mchoraji
proud kenyan
mekatilili
firewall
kimiti
Mbaine
HokumA
SS Jamuhuri
Uzi
Nesta
Observer
Al Bashir
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
georiise
mogen
Fabrizio
MOOZALENDO
cylon
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
mwepesi
countersniper
Sierra Kilo
vince
Kobooz
Batian
one man army
Spartan
tempest
jasiri
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
41 posters

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 26 2012, 11:16

Uzi wrote:
Uzi wrote:
Risasi wrote:I can see crane had a field day at the blog Hahahhah!!!! Don’t worry guys crane is a territorial beast he means no harm just wants to secure the environment. we are one big EAC family equal to none.
@gunships I would always prefer the MD500 over kismayo than most. The front windscreen offers wide visibility for the pilots. it has a crew of 4 i.e extra eye from the bird, A true scout chopper.

Its thumbs up to the “little bird” (MD500) in chai town also due to maneuverability & versatility. A great concern has to do with minimizing collateral damage hence the concern about the KNS shelling. Does the little bird have “smart munition” capability?

Bullet man gud ur back this has been on ur in-tray

@uzi steerable munitions a.k.a smart weapons. the MD500 operates an Optically-tracked, Wire guided missile system (earlier class of smart munitions). The MD500 are in two versions. A scout version also anti-soft targets/infantry supports operates a Gun and rocket pod (not smart) and an anti-tank, moving and/or hard targets e.g fortified defense set-ups using a steerable missile system (smart). The ZW-9 operates a more advance smart system, a laser guided missile system.
lets send our K.E debate to the K.E side of the forum..Very Happy
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 26 2012, 11:18

[quote="Olekoima"]
Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:
tempest wrote:Uganda in Talks for More Su-30 Fighter Jets

PRETORIA, September 21 (RIA Novosti)

Uganda is in talks with Russian state arms export company Rosoboronexport over an option purchase of six more Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighter jets, the company's Deputy Director Alexander Mikheyev said on Friday at an arms exhibition in South Africa.

Uganda signed its first contract to buy six Su-30MK2 fighters this year, he said. "Now, we are talking about an option, the Ugandans expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of this type," he said.

Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.

"We have signed a contract this year to sell six Mi-17s to Ghana," he said. The first two aircraft will be delivered to Ghana in a year, he said, adding talks are also underway about setting up a helicopter service center in the region.

Any done deals in your side tempest? russies or orients ?

None of this has been confirmed, it must be noted. Yesterday, the CiC was asked about these by journalists. On the jets;
The Daily Monitor wrote:We have not signed any contracts for new jets but if we get new funds
in the future, we will continue building our airforce,” he said. “This,
however, doesn’t rule out in the future that we may be buying new jets.
Building our army is a continuous process

On replacing the crashed choppers;
The Daily Monitor wrote:..the government will replace the three Mi-24
attack helicopters which crashed on Mt Kenya on August 12. He said money
for use in replacing the aircraft has been saved through “some
economies”.

In my view, the deal is as good as done. Many governments will initially deny such things which eventually come to the open. Even in the previous purchase of the 6 Sukhois there was denial. It was always going to be a matter of time before UG added another batch to make a full squadron. This is sensible.

@Olekoima I was prompting Tempest on his air force (Zimbabwe) for any latest procurement. They were for MiG-29 or Fc-1 the last time I checked. Smile
# Maneno ya Ug what I understood was a Manufactures request. “we sold you six Su’s. Would you like some more? we can spice them up with extras” Laughing

@Spartan I was inquiring about your new mambas, first revealed by a one Mr. F.Crane.Question
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Sep 26 2012, 12:17

Risasi wrote:[

@Olekoima I was prompting Tempest on his air force (Zimbabwe) for any latest procurement. They were for MiG-29 or Fc-1 the last time I checked. Smile
# Maneno ya Ug what I understood was a Manufactures request. “we sold you six Su’s. Would you like some more? we can spice them up with extras” Laughing

@Spartan I was inquiring about your new mambas, first revealed by a one Mr. F.Crane.Question

Point taken buddy.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Sep 26 2012, 12:20

mogen wrote:

@Olekoima

I hope we do not end up with a little arms race in our region. It won't be so good for us. In fact, it will hurt our people.

I' am afraid an arms race of some sort is already underway. Pray that it doesn't get worse.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Wed Sep 26 2012, 22:19

Risasi wrote: @Olekoima I was prompting Tempest on his air force (Zimbabwe) for any latest procurement. They were for MiG-29 or Fc-1 the last time I checked.

I missed you first posting ... ... was not ignoring

latest rumours are Russian choppers ... ... not even sure if gunships or transports. On the fighter side, nothing is leaking.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Sep 28 2012, 10:30

With the fall of Kismayo 'commando' style I might add, we need to reflect on other great victories by our Brothers and Sisters in Mogadishu. Its not fair to claim the whole cake to ourselves is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=j1kkT__WA9k&NR=1
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:56

This is what the manufacturer is saying about those extra SU 30's http://www.en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20120922/176164942.html
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Fri Sep 28 2012, 22:04

HokumA wrote:With the fall of Kismayo 'commando' style I might add, we need to reflect on other great victories by our Brothers and Sisters in Mogadishu. Its not fair to claim the whole cake to ourselves is it?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=j1kkT__WA9k&NR=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=j1kkT__WA9k&NR=1[/quote[/url]]

@Hokuma, that is the kind of reasoning every sober east african wants. cyclops some forumers behave as if Kismayu is the largest city in Somalia to be captured by AMISOM. Mogadishu is the capital city of Somali and it as liberated by Ugandans an Brundian after many bloody battles, in August 2011 befoe Kenya entered the Somalia theatre. I agree it i a bg victory for Kenya, but under no circumstances is it bigger than what the Uganans an Burundians have done in Somalia.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty UPDF Engineering Brigade Upgrades Kololo Independence Grounds

Post  Spartan Sat Oct 06 2012, 11:33

The days of the Wananchi being drenched in rain and baked by the sun (which had kept away most of the elite) at national functions are behind us now, thanks to the UPDF Engineering Brigade. In four short months they have erected a VIP sitting area and 5500-seat arena for ordinary people that shall be filled on a first come first sit serve basis.

The picture below was taken from the empty hillside where the pavilion was constructed. The grounds are now fully paved, thankfully (I hated the dust during the Goose Match)
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Independence-day

The New pavillion
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Kololo003

The public sitting area
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 2012_10$largeimg204_Oct_2012_171641037

Catch me there on the 9th October. Haven't seen a good parade for sometime.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 12:09

Cannot go under without a dig into you, brothers @Aggressor-one, Flying Crane, Spartan!! Sector I has been relatively inactive these past week or so!! Cause for disquiet??
Kololo looks great! Palm to forehead to your Engineers Corps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Oct 06 2012, 13:39

Spartan wrote:
The picture below was taken from the empty hillside where the pavilion was constructed. The grounds are now fully paved, thankfully (I hated the dust during the Goose Match)
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Independence-day

Beautiful shot is that Nakasero hill behind? Tell me Spartan which heroes are buried at Kololo airstrip?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty Some skills and assets injection

Post  MOOZALENDO Sat Oct 06 2012, 13:48

I see 2012 and crazy town have worked in tandem to build capacity in UPDF. This is cool!

http://www.armyrecognition.com/armies_in_the_world_analysis_focus/u.s._marine_corps_forces_train_soldiers_ugandan_army_counter-terrorism_combat_engineering_2203124.html

Brothers, such capacity helps.

...."Colonel James Ruhesi, a UPDF Officer involved in the
training, shares this view, describing the training as a great opportunity
for the UPDF to build its forces' engineering core functions.

"Normally we have been sending one or two officers
to the U.S. for this training, but now we have a chance to train a big
number of our forces and build the engineering capacity of our troops
to use the equipment the U.S. government has donated to us," he
says..."

Mooz.
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Oct 06 2012, 14:10

Kampalans having the air show of a lifetime. L-39s and SUs putting on quite a show. Don't know what they have in store for us come Tuesday coz they've done aerial somersaults and formations (SUs) while the L-39s are doing colour smoke (Black, Yellow, Red) already. Nothing beats low flying SUs in formation though. In the pic below, three SU-30s are captured flying over the construction site of the Kampala Hilton Hotel on top of Nakasero Hill.
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Wbp9614-edit

@ ole Nkarei, the enemy just won't show up to fight in Sector 1. Whatever is happening there can be handled by the Somali Police.

Uzi, the heroes buried at Kololo are Ignatius Kangave Musaazi who founded the first political party that fought for Uganda's independence and Prof. Yusuf Lule, a former president and pre-independence hero. The part where they are buried wasn't touched by the upgrades. All those buildings are on Nakasero Hill, as does most of Kampala's CBD.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sat Oct 06 2012, 16:23

Spartan wrote:Kampalans having the air show of a lifetime. L-39s and SUs putting on quite a show. Don't know what they have in store for us come Tuesday coz they've done aerial somersaults and formations (SUs) while the L-39s are doing colour smoke (Black, Yellow, Red) already. Nothing beats low flying SUs in formation though. In the pic below, three SU-30s are captured flying over the construction site of the Kampala Hilton Hotel on top of Nakasero Hill.

@ ole Nkarei, the enemy just won't show up to fight in Sector 1. Whatever is happening there can be handled by the Somali Police.

Uzi, the heroes buried at Kololo are Ignatius Kangave Musaazi who founded the first political party that fought for Uganda's independence and Prof. Yusuf Lule, a former president and pre-independence hero. The part where they are buried wasn't touched by the upgrades. All those buildings are on Nakasero Hill, as does most of Kampala's CBD.

Among most Kampala residents however, every fighter plane is a 'MIG', so the word MIG is very common in Kampala at the moment. Only the more enthusiasts can differentiate the SUs, the L-39s and the MIG-21s from each other.

I think on Thursday this week, the three birds flew so low near the airstrip that every vehicle with an alarm swung into action!

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty Mt. Kenya Chopper Crashes - Airforce Heads Roll

Post  Spartan Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:03

The Airforce Commander and his Chief of Staff were over the weekend relieved of their duties over the crashed choppers. This indicates the preliminary report's findings have ruled out pilot error and sabotage, pointing more to the command and the instructions that were given.

The Defence Ministry Spokesperson issued this statement;

Col. Felix Kulayigye wrote:Following
the completion of the probe into the tragedy crash of our Helicopters
in the Kenya Air space, His Excellency the President of the Republic of
Uganda and Commander in Chief of the UPDF, has transferred Commander Air
Force Lt Gen Jim Owoyesigire back to General Headquarters for
redeployment and relieved the Chief of Staff Air Force Brig Moses
Rwakitarate of his duties.
“He
subsequently appointed Brig Sam Turyagenda and Lt Col Charles Lutayawho
is promoted to the Rank of Col, Acting Commander Air Force and Chief of
Staff Air Force respectively. We wish the new appointed Leaders of Air
Force the best in their new appointments"
Col. Lutaaya's appointment is especially welcome, being a veteran pilot who has flown fighter aircraft as well as Gulftreams. Wish them the best.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:24

Spartan wrote:The Airforce Commander and his Chief of Staff were over the weekend relieved of their duties over the crashed choppers. This indicates the preliminary report's findings have ruled out pilot error and sabotage, pointing more to the command and the instructions that were given.

The Defence Ministry Spokesperson issued this statement;

Col. Felix Kulayigye wrote:Following
the completion of the probe into the tragedy crash of our Helicopters
in the Kenya Air space, His Excellency the President of the Republic of
Uganda and Commander in Chief of the UPDF, has transferred Commander Air
Force Lt Gen Jim Owoyesigire back to General Headquarters for
redeployment and relieved the Chief of Staff Air Force Brig Moses
Rwakitarate of his duties.
“He
subsequently appointed Brig Sam Turyagenda and Lt Col Charles Lutayawho
is promoted to the Rank of Col, Acting Commander Air Force and Chief of
Staff Air Force respectively. We wish the new appointed Leaders of Air
Force the best in their new appointments"
Col. Lutaaya's appointment is especially welcome, being a veteran pilot who has flown fighter aircraft as well as Gulftreams. Wish them the best.

@Spartan
The heads finally rolled as someone had predicted here. Pity that lives were lost apparently due to Command/Control failures.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 09:22

Spartan wrote:Kampalans having the air show of a lifetime. L-39s and SUs putting on quite a show. Don't know what they have in store for us come Tuesday coz they've done aerial somersaults and formations (SUs) while the L-39s are doing colour smoke (Black, Yellow, Red) already. Nothing beats low flying SUs in formation though. In the pic below, three SU-30s are captured flying over the construction site of the Kampala Hilton Hotel on top of Nakasero Hill.

Congratulations to our UG brothers as you celebrate the golden jubilee. Tz's was last year n there was not as much festivities ours will be next year december. hope the military parade and the air show turn out simply amazing.
Am surprised the Hilton Kampala is not finished yet.I was living in UG in '09 & '10 & they were still constructing.The only thing i found curious about that site is it's right next to state hse kampla towering over it.in these days of int' terrorists one can't take a chance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:05

Happy Independence day, Freedom is here!!!

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Samba_10

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Calyps10

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Nyama_10
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:24

Sierra Kilo wrote:Happy Independence day, Freedom is here!!!

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Samba_10

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Calyps10

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Nyama_10

Wow! nice pictures. Congratulations on your great day Ugandans. Enjoy.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Empty Congratulations on UG's 50th

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:39

Congratulations folks. A moment to remember how far you have travelled.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:31

The Mamba
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 0023ae9885da11b12dbe0c-jpeg
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:59

What a spectacular air show. Kudos:-

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 2012_10$largeimg209_Oct_2012_144032220
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 09 2012, 15:04

More:-
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Planes-by-ssejoba

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Display-of-air-force-pix-by-andrew-masinde

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Kololo-marching

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Speaker-EA-2

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Kololo-today

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 2012_10$largeimg209_Oct_2012_104417757
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Oct 09 2012, 16:23

Nice independence celebrations, just returned from Kololo. Aggressor One, why did the three Mi-24 Gunships appear only so briefly during the airforce display? Hope they are fine.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Tue Oct 09 2012, 17:44

Happy independence day and congratulations on your Golden Jubilee to our Ugandan brothers & sisters...
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:10

HokumA wrote:The Mamba
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 0023ae9885da11b12dbe0c-jpeg

gilas apc not mambas
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:14

Spartan wrote:Nice independence celebrations, just returned from Kololo. Aggressor One, why did the three Mi-24 Gunships appear only so briefly during the airforce display? Hope they are fine.

Every thing is fine. Pilots are under instruction now that they are sole responsible for their aircrafts once airborne until landing back , what so ever the mission is . so if they felt that something wasn,t right during the flight pass they might have turn to base.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:21

Olekoima wrote:More:-

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 Display-of-air-force-pix-by-andrew-masinde

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 20 2012_10$largeimg209_Oct_2012_104417757

@tempest ref: pic 4 above the first son and lady enjoying the red carpet while the president is tarmacing Very Happy Very Happy just a light side no offense intended.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:26

Spartan wrote:Nice independence celebrations, just returned from Kololo. Aggressor One, why did the three Mi-24 Gunships appear only so briefly during the airforce display? Hope they are fine.

I also at first wondered why they made a circular turn way off the crowd, probably around Industrial area, before they turned west over Industrial area then back to Entebbe.

A airforce officer told me that they were not part of the main show, that is why they only did a 'passing fly past'

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:31

Flying Crane wrote:
Olekoima wrote:More:-

@tempest ref: pic 4 above the first son and lady enjoying the red carpet while the president is tarmacing Very Happy Very Happy just a light side no offense intended.

Wonder how the 'sonic boom' would have been like if the Mig-21s had appeared!

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next