THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

+37
mchoraji
proud kenyan
mekatilili
firewall
kimiti
Mbaine
HokumA
SS Jamuhuri
Uzi
Nesta
Observer
Al Bashir
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
georiise
mogen
Fabrizio
MOOZALENDO
cylon
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
mwepesi
countersniper
Sierra Kilo
vince
Kobooz
Batian
one man army
Spartan
tempest
jasiri
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
41 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty UPDF METAMORPHOSIS

Post  mchoraji Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:18

Olekoima wrote:
I suspect UG will be getting more additional Sukhois, tanks and even the Mi-28 from Russia anytime soon.

when M7 tells ugandans he has built a proffessional army in the 27yrs he has been power it is indeed true.compare this photo of the then NRA rebels who had just taken kampala in early 1986.this was the foundation on which he built the behemoth we know today.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Report10

This' a child soldier from back then
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 39799810

Compare this UPDF cadets' passing-out parade photo.Mzee indeed had a vision though maybe a few essential areas were over-looked in his pursuit

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Cadets10
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Olekoima Wed Feb 13 2013, 17:57

mchoraji wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
I suspect UG will be getting more additional Sukhois, tanks and even the Mi-28 from Russia anytime soon.

when M7 tells ugandans he has built a proffessional army in the 27yrs he has been power it is indeed true.compare this photo of the then NRA rebels who had just taken kampala in early 1986.this was the foundation on which he built the behemoth we know today.

Compare this UPDF cadets' passing-out parade photo.Mzee indeed had a vision though maybe a few essential areas were over-looked in his pursuit

Wow! These guys just love their AK 47s.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Spartan Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:22

[quote="Olekoima"]

Olekoima wrote:Wow! These guys just love their AK 47s.

You didn't just mistake the 7.62 x 39mm SKS Rifle also known as the S.A.R (semi automatic rifle), with the AK47, did ya? The only thing they have in common is that they both originate in Russia. In Ug they are strictly for parade and training purposes.

And yes, they look new becoz we make them locally. It's not because the cadets spent hours cleaning them Laughing But that's not to say we don't love our AKs, they are what we have mastered and what have never disappointed.

In the movie Full Metal Jacket 'Sgt Hartman', the best portrayal of a drill sergeant ever, tells his recruits that "You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get." I remember being told something along those lines and swear to God I loved her - my first AK47, that is. I am told the CiC has been in love with and faithful to the very AK47 he had in the bush, the one you saw on his shoulders in the Elgon region. Shh don't whisper it to a soul.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:48

Spartan wrote:

I am told the CiC has been in love with and faithful to the very AK47 he had in the bush, the one you saw on his shoulders in the Elgon region. Shh don't whisper it to a soul.

Sevoh's is called rwitabagomi.....or something close to that meaning 'the one that kills the stubborn ones'

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Museve10
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Feb 14 2013, 11:15

mchoraji wrote:
Spartan wrote:

I am told the CiC has been in love with and faithful to the very AK47 he had in the bush, the one you saw on his shoulders in the Elgon region. Shh don't whisper it to a soul.

Sevoh's is called rwitabagomi.....or something close to that meaning 'the one that kills the stubborn ones'

Is that a Kenyan flag on the front part of that guy's T-Shirt?

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Feb 14 2013, 11:39

mogen wrote:Is that a Kenyan flag on the front part of that guy's T-Shirt?

Yeah, it's a Kenyan flag, and that's why Mzee is looking at the fellow in disbelief Laughing Laughing On a more seriuos note, people around there go about their lives with little regard to the border. They usually have relatives on both sides, and that's what the whole maneno about the EA Common Market Protocol is about.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Feb 14 2013, 18:03

[quote="Spartan"]
Olekoima wrote:

Olekoima wrote:Wow! These guys just love their AK 47s.

You didn't just mistake the 7.62 x 39mm SKS Rifle also known as the S.A.R (semi automatic rifle), with the AK47, did ya? The only thing they have in common is that they both originate in Russia. In Ug they are strictly for parade and training purposes.

And yes, they look new becoz we make them locally. It's not because the cadets spent hours cleaning them Laughing But that's not to say we don't love our AKs, they are what we have mastered and what have never disappointed.

In the movie Full Metal Jacket 'Sgt Hartman', the best portrayal of a drill sergeant ever, tells his recruits that "You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get." I remember being told something along those lines and swear to God I loved her - my first AK47, that is. I am told the CiC has been in love with and faithful to the very AK47 he had in the bush, the one you saw on his shoulders in the Elgon region. Shh don't whisper it to a soul.

You naughty one, you have really busted me on this one. Anyway Laughing
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Kudos AMISOM UPDF contigent

Post  mogen Sun Feb 17 2013, 16:17

This is a game changer.

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Feb 18 2013, 15:42

a nice piecefrom M7.he is quite a good writer i like the pieces he writes in newspapers & of course his book 'sowing the mustard seed' is a great read

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1696598/-/998djaz/-/index.html

Last edited by mchoraji on Tue Feb 19 2013, 08:04; edited 1 time in total
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Feb 18 2013, 18:45

The L-39? Lovely,
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Ds2_3077
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Feb 18 2013, 18:46

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Ds2_3075
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:54

Alternative sea route? I don't think there will be disruptions this time round. Our brothers and sisters across the border need to relax:-

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/uganda/articles/20130219.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Feb 25 2013, 18:16

Brothers is it true "The UPDF might be sending troops up north (Mali) http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23908&catid=78&Itemid=116."
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Tue Feb 26 2013, 18:03

HokumA wrote:Brothers is it true "The UPDF might be sending troops up north (Mali) [url=http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23908&catid=78&Itemid=116."
http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23908&catid=78&Itemid=116."[/quote[/url]]

it may not be easy for Uganda to deploy a big force in Mali, but if they do, this will not be the first time since in the mid 90s, they had a batalion in Liberia. But at the moment, the forces are strectched out in Somalia, South Sudan and CAR. There are three battle groups in somalia, UGABAG 9, 10 and 11 and a near brigade in the Sudan and DRC-with all support elements and equipment. On the other hand, a brigade of veterans is under reorientation ready for deployment. We should not say never, but it is a big task.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Rumble Over Russian Aircraft Reliability

Post  Olekoima Thu Feb 28 2013, 09:15

This is not intended to cast doubt on our neighbor's assets, but what do you guys think about this report. Any substance or this is just another western propaganda. There were issues with the F-22 raptor too:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20130226.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Feb 28 2013, 13:46

Olekoima wrote:This is not intended to cast doubt on our neighbor's assets, but what do you guys think about this report. Any substance or this is just another western propaganda. There were issues with the F-22 raptor too:-

Two things - the crashes being referred to are all in one country, India. Not much of a sample, is it? Secondly, India has produced many of its MKIs (they are Russian-designed but Indian-built), so who's workmanship are we really talking about?

For those who believe in numbers, between 1999 - 2013, 04 SU-30 crashes have been recorded against over 25 for the F-16 in 1999 ALONE . Do the maths and decide for yourself whether its western propaganda or not.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Reply @Spartan

Post  MOOZALENDO Thu Feb 28 2013, 14:41

Oliyotia ssebo!
Mr. Spartan, I like numbers and could not fail to pick your gauntlet Very Happy. Since production started at Lockheed, more than 4500 units of F16 have been produced, they are used in 26 countries and have been tested in combat for many years. On the other hand, the Sukhoi 30 (whichever variant...Su30 MKU??) which is said to be of similar capabilities to the F15 is an excellent bargain. But, it is used in 9 countries, and total product is heading to 1000 or might be just above. So my concern is with probability...It follows that if you have fewer units of a machine in operation, the probability say 1% chance of a mishap every year, 1% of 4500 would be 45, whereas 1% of 1000 would be 10. Does that make the 10 a better record Mussajja?

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:This is not intended to cast doubt on our neighbor's assets, but what do you guys think about this report. Any substance or this is just another western propaganda. There were issues with the F-22 raptor too:-

Two things - the crashes being referred to are all in one country, India. Not much of a sample, is it? Secondly, India has produced many of its MKIs (they are Russian-designed but Indian-built), so who's workmanship are we really talking about?

For those who believe in numbers, between 1999 - 2013, 04 SU-30 crashes have been recorded against over 25 for the F-16 in 1999 ALONE . Do the maths and decide for yourself whether its western propaganda or not.

Very Neutral :DMooz
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Feb 28 2013, 16:21

MOOZALENDO wrote:So my concern is with probability...It follows that if you have fewer units of a machine in operation, the probability say 1% chance of a mishap every year, 1% of 4500 would be 45, whereas 1% of 1000 would be 10. Does that make the 10 a better record Mussajja?

Mooz, I will take you up on the probability part. 4500 against 1000 is a probability of 4:1, but 25 F-16 mishaps in one year cannot compare to 4 SU-30s lost in four years by any stretch of imagination. There are whole websites and careers to be made from F-16 issues. At least the Sukhoi are new to the pilots operating them and it's safe to say that in some respects they may not have the hang of things, the Falcons are crashing with experienced pilots and air forces. But that's not to say I take whatever the Russians say hook, line and sinker. Just look at this whole maneno as two elaborate marketing operations, with one side controlling 95% of the world's media and other sources of info.

SU-30U? Laughing Laughing. Not anytime soon. You have to place orders in the hundreds to get a model just for yourself. For now we're content with the MK2.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  MOOZALENDO Fri Mar 01 2013, 08:56

Spartan wrote:
MOOZALENDO wrote:So my concern is with probability...It follows that if you have fewer units of a machine in operation, the probability say 1% chance of a mishap every year, 1% of 4500 would be 45, whereas 1% of 1000 would be 10. Does that make the 10 a better record Mussajja?

Mooz, I will take you up on the probability part. 4500 against 1000 is a probability of 4:1, but 25 F-16 mishaps in one year cannot compare to 4 SU-30s lost in four years by any stretch of imagination. There are whole websites and careers to be made from F-16 issues. At least the Sukhoi are new to the pilots operating them and it's safe to say that in some respects they may not have the hang of things, the Falcons are crashing with experienced pilots and air forces. But that's not to say I take whatever the Russians say hook, line and sinker. Just look at this whole maneno as two elaborate marketing operations, with one side controlling 95% of the world's media and other sources of info.

@Spartan, there is one hidden factor even as we consider the numbers. I alluded to the same up there, the machine has been in service since 1976 and I expect that the very earliest ones (through the 70's, 80's, 90's must be aged/prone to failure due to stress and strain over time. I'm no expert in airframe worthiness but if I had a 2013 production car ( clown) and its same model sister 1990 production, I wouldn't do justice to it by comparing the performance of the two. Naturally, I expect the recent car to perform much better. Nevertheless, you have a point there regarding the failure rates. I agree the Indian AF perhaps has issues with training regimen or manufacturing processes because most Su-30 accidents are reported from there.
Mooz.
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Mar 01 2013, 09:35

Spanner in the works or little distraction.

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:11

Olekoima wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

Wow! These guys just love their AK 47s.

Talking of UPDF and their AK 47's. They look gud and men do they sting! Had a small contract in crazy town recently and men, God bless Ug normalcy is returning. Hats off to U and the blood of ur sons shed there. It was worth it.
[img]Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Updf10[/img]
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty MBUYA BARRACKS 'ATTACKED??'

Post  mchoraji Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:26

Our UG friends what's this all about?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Mystery-surrounds-night-raid-on-Mbuya/-/688334/1712530/-/133y9hfz/-/index.html

http://www.redpepper.co.ug/tension-as-suspected-rebels-attack-mbuya-barracks/

mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Mar 06 2013, 14:35

mchoraji wrote:Our UG friends what's this all about?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Mystery-surrounds-night-raid-on-Mbuya/-/688334/1712530/-/133y9hfz/-/index.html

@Spartan, any insight?
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Mar 06 2013, 17:54

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

@Spartan, any insight?

True, two guys waylaid a soldier returning to Barracks. They were armed with only an SAR semi-auto and knives, and they were NOT THIRTY. The guy with the gun killed and accomplice arrested. Not rebels! If it was thirty rebels in Kampala the whole city would be in lockdown. Nothing to write home about.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Fri Mar 08 2013, 18:02

Spartan wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

@Spartan, any insight?

True, two guys waylaid a soldier returning to Barracks. They were armed with only an SAR semi-auto and knives, and they were NOT THIRTY. The guy with the gun killed and accomplice arrested. Not rebels! If it was thirty rebels in Kampala the whole city would be in lockdown. Nothing to write home about.

Gotcha. I can see my consciousness didn't play tricks with me. Very Happy And you are right on the Kampala-show-up outcome bro.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:15

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

@Spartan, any insight?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Gunmen-kill-5-soldiers-in-Bombo/-/688334/1715568/-/feq0vv/-/index.html

Spartan?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Mar 11 2013, 08:52

Uzi wrote:
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Gunmen-kill-5-soldiers-in-Bombo/-/688334/1715568/-/feq0vv/-/index.html

Spartan?

Incidents not related. Bombo was a case of indiscipline and revenge.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Fri Mar 22 2013, 10:47

who killed captain Alex

Featuring the renowned flying crane
LaughingVery Happy;)Laughing
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 26 Empty Uganda: Russia Used Entebbe As Security Base - Sources

Post  Olekoima Tue Apr 02 2013, 17:58

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304010584.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun Apr 07 2013, 07:32

Be warned our Ugandan brothers, just Western Media at their thing. You should not be surprised if those US 100 SF troops start having affairs behind the curtains with Kony & co-buddies, a bloody proxy war! @Spartan, dissect the piece below for us Soldier. Hell, we don't want any trouble near EAC ditto EAC-Expanded.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Uganda-could-degenerate-into-violence-next-year/-/688334/1741164/-/12f2lg8/-/index.html
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next