THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 14 Empty NEW somali president says he is ready to talk to alshabab

Post  countersniper Sun Sep 16 2012, 12:32

is this guy a sell out or what?
here is a link to video interview by aljazeera news

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 14 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri Sun Sep 16 2012, 18:28

#AMISOM Somali National Army and KDF currently engaged in a fierce battle with AL Shabaab fighters for control of Jana Abdallah town. . . .The tweeting major at it again, tungoje habari njema
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 20:14

jasiri wrote:#AMISOM Somali National Army and KDF currently engaged in a fierce battle with AL Shabaab fighters for control of Jana Abdallah town. . . .The tweeting major at it again, tungoje habari njema

All guns silent two hours ago. Both town in our control, no active resistance. Ememie dead at Company size - no, I'm NOT posting graphic photos of them, by gawk!

As forming defensive lines around 15 Klics from Chai Town..

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Sep 17 2012, 03:45

countersniper wrote:is this guy a sell out or what?

@President Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud managed to negotiate an agreement with al Shabaab who allowed SIMAD (the university he headed) to remain, even after they chased other groups out of the areas they controlled. Al-Shabaab have since denounced his election. Perhaps, his experience and training in education & conflict resolution may actually come in handy. Time will tell.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 17 2012, 18:51

@Ole Nkarei, isn't this 'Jana Abdallah' the same town where specops run riot a few days ago? I thought we had bagged this town already.[/quote]countersniper wrote:

@President Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud managed to negotiate an agreement with al Shabaab who allowed SIMAD (the university he headed) to remain, even after they chased other groups out of the areas they controlled. Al-Shabaab have since denounced his election. Perhaps, his experience and training in education & conflict resolution may actually come in handy. Time will tell.[quote]
Personally i think force of arms should be the last option on the table. If Mahmoud can talk the Shabab into leaving the City without a shot fired and peacefully integrate, then no problem. However if this sandal wearing psychos are determined to fight it out then i say unleash the war dogs.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 17 2012, 19:14

jasiri wrote:@Ole Nkarei, isn't this 'Jana Abdallah' the same town where specops run riot a few days ago? I thought we had bagged this town already.
countersniper wrote:

@President Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud managed to negotiate an agreement with al Shabaab who allowed SIMAD (the university he headed) to remain, even after they chased other groups out of the areas they controlled. Al-Shabaab have since denounced his election. Perhaps, his experience and training in education & conflict resolution may actually come in handy. Time will tell.
Personally i think force of arms should be the last option on the table. If Mahmoud can talk the Shabab into leaving the City without a shot fired and peacefully integrate, then no problem. However if this sandal wearing psychos are determined to fight it out then i say unleash the war dogs.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 17 2012, 20:39

Radio Andalus, Al Shabab's satanic mouthpiece fell silent this afteroon. Al-Kebab skipping town with their Jicho Bovu in tow?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17 2012, 21:15

jasiri wrote:@Ole Nkarei, isn't this 'Jana Abdallah' the same town where specops run riot a few days ago? I thought we had bagged this town already.

Indeed they were. As they have regularly been in many other small towns in same sector. You know it ain't their job to hold down real estate - theirs is simply mayhem, sabotage and black drapes ops. They will come and go and come again as long as the dogs of war are loose. Damn!!

Btw the old man wants a political closure clothed in KDF Armor for this OLN. That in principle means the AS might yet find accommodation in the political process. The new guy may be the guy to move things along that direction, which is why GoK shut down Shariff causing him t to shuttle around IGAD seeking support without success. It sticks on my throat but what the hell!

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 18 2012, 02:20

ole Nkarei wrote:

Indeed they were. As they have regularly been in many other small towns in same sector. You know it ain't their job to hold down real estate - theirs is simply mayhem, sabotage and black drapes ops. They will come and go and come again as long as the dogs of war are loose. Damn!!

Btw the old man wants a political closure clothed in KDF Armor for this OLN. That in principle means the AS might yet find accommodation in the political process. The new guy may be the guy to move things along that direction, which is why GoK shut down Shariff causing him t to shuttle around IGAD seeking support without success. It sticks on my throat but what the hell!

@ON
Shaky Shariff will need to be watched going forward. He can cause trouble. But Prof Ongeri was rather too blunt about Shariff's movements in the aftermath the Crazy Town blast.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 18 2012, 02:58

jasiri wrote:Radio Andalus, Al Shabab's satanic mouthpiece fell silent this afteroon. Al-Kebab skipping town with their Jicho Bovu in tow?

@Jas
I hear the al sheytans have literary fled Chai Town.

My Somali source says: All reports and al kebab movements in the last 48hrs confirm clear signs of defeat. Closed most of their key offices in town, all prisoners were set free, their radio out of air. They did several attempts of forceful recruits early in the morning & leadership took off from the town. Latest unanimous voices through the VOA Somali Service confirms their total departure from the city apparently setting base in the jungle outside the city and some heading to safer ground farther away. According to my source, it's a matter of hours before the KDF & the joint forces take full control of the city.

As they run, many of them will be caught at the border trying to sneak back into the country after their failed experiment

Last edited by mogen on Tue Sep 18 2012, 03:50; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 18 2012, 03:49

countersniper wrote:is this guy a sell out or what?

Check this one too: http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestory/2012/02/201222463747971197.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Tue Sep 18 2012, 19:47

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2012/Sept/26008/somali_militants_al_shabab_leaving_kismayo_stronghold.aspx Kebabs leaving in droves is a footprint that can be seen from Mars. An opportunity presented previously when they were surrounded by Ugabag at Bakara mkt but survived coz Amisom didn't have the airpower to pursue them. They withdrew to live n fight another day. We should not accord the same favor. My two cents worth.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleBoni Wed Sep 19 2012, 08:18

Uzi wrote:http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2012/Sept/26008/somali_militants_al_shabab_leaving_kismayo_stronghold.aspx Kebabs leaving in droves is a footprint that can be seen from Mars. An opportunity presented previously when they were surrounded by Ugabag at Bakara mkt but survived coz Amisom didn't have the airpower to pursue them. They withdrew to live n fight another day. We should not accord the same favor. My two cents worth.

I think it was @ON who predicted, some time ago, that Kismayu could fall without a fight and a month or so later it's turning out to be the case. However, methinks that this ain't any news to write home about yet(read tactical withdrawal). These developments might as well be opening up new war fronts: street battles, kamikaze type of attacks and other guerrilla warfare tactics.
Lets take heed and trend carefully, the waters could be deeper than we presume.
UncleBoni
UncleBoni

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Wed Sep 19 2012, 08:54

I good site I bumped into http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/projects/armsglobe/
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19 2012, 09:55

githinjibn wrote: .....however, methinks that this ain't any news to write home about yet(read tactical withdrawal). These developments might as well be opening up new war fronts: street battles, kamikaze type of attacks and other guerrilla warfare tactics.
Lets take heed and trend carefully, the waters could be deeper than we presume.

Correct bro.

OLN overall Strategy can be simply summed up as "Killing the Hyena (AS) by cutting off its limbs and bleeding it to death. And at anytime in between, giving a Coupe de Grace head-chop if the situation and opportunity applies". We employed our superior mobility and agility, superb theatre Intelligence, superior firepower and equipment range, superlative leadership and depth in Corps, etc. The comparative Kill count shows how effective this has been - and how rapidly AS has vanished from whole sections of the Country. AS seeks no longer armed contact with KDF indeed recent engagements have mostly been KDF/SF instigated and so has been unexpected and undesired by AS.

Without Kismaayu and Mogadisho, Alkebaab is just another motley crew of hapless bandits roaming the horn of africa - a Policing problem and not for KDF. The Alkebaab is dangerous when and if they have pretensions of an alternative Civil Order which Kismaayu gives rhem due to the huge influence this Port excercises in Southern and Central Zoomaliya.

Have you caught sight of those deadly looking AP/RDU chaps in the Tana Delta TV clips? Seen their equipment and wear? Between RDU and GSU supported with NIS and MIC Intel, the AS will not trouble anyone AS BANDITS no matter whether waging a political insurgency or a commercial-inspired lawlessness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Wed Sep 19 2012, 10:56

ole Nkarei wrote:

Without Kismaayu and Mogadisho, Alkebaab is just another motley crew of hapless bandits roaming the horn of africa - a Policing problem and not for KDF. .

While i totally agree with u bro wouldn't their Kamikaze attacks wears us down as happened to the Sheba's up north? How do we mitigate that if we give them safe passage? In my opinion that should only happen if they agree to negotiate, change their ideology and down their weapons.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Wed Sep 19 2012, 11:18

Congratulations,
@KDF/MIP Intel for mauling kebab activity... Just as @githinjibn says, AS have now resorted to jungle tactics as KDF/AMISOM have strangled all their COMMS capabilities in the chai area making it ready for a home-grown toast of Ketepa tea. Though correction for githinjibn, that Kisimayu virtually has fallen without a fight. But by denying the AS communication and movement is still part of the warfare strategy. It will be difficult for the militia group to continue operating in Kisimayu anymore without the required intel and material support like cash for their activities from peasant come warlords in Yemen and Afghan mountains. So with this in mind, kebabs have to seek an alternative. Tactical withdrawal needs the resolve and morale (as the tweeting major once said considering that their support from their sympathizers is fast waning) without which will be hard for As to operate with the initial lethargy.

The ousted former Somalia's president's reaction to his loss is giving away crucial tit-bits that may point to a nexus with kebabs. The empcoa of the tired and flailing kebabs would be to now revert back to guerrilla tactics. So the point now that will be needed is to move swiftly i.e KDF to create a clandestine Spec-op just beyond the Kenya Somalia border to consolidate gains made in Kisimayu. News that there are Tana chaps still intent on creating chaos even after reinforcing the delta with police from paramilitary police units is still not good

Last edited by Batian on Wed Sep 19 2012, 11:26; edited 1 time in total
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19 2012, 11:26

Uzi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Without Kismaayu and Mogadisho, Alkebaab is just another motley crew of hapless bandits roaming the horn of africa - a Policing problem and not for KDF. .

While i totally agree with u bro wouldn't their Kamikaze attacks wears us down as happened to the Sheba's up north? How do we mitigate that if we give them safe passage? In my opinion that should only happen if they agree to negotiate, change their ideology and down their weapons.

I hear you.

Remember that the summarized objective of OLN was and is to degrade the Strategic threat from AS.

While physical annihilation is the shortest solution to the AS it ignores the social or demographic dimensions of the AS phenomena - most of its membership is not ideologically connected to AS but is reacting with necessary expediency to the realities of the AS civil control. So there is need to open a window for this large segment to re integrate back in a post-AS zoomaliya without creating martyrs of them. Zoomaliya Government post-AS will clean off the ideologically connected remnants of the AS inside Zoomaliya while we wipe out whatever if these that may blow across. Objective OLN complete.

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:25

the tweeting major says the push to kismayu is on..@ON,info from your side

@risasi,ON
i see that uncle woo has a new attack bird(the Z-10) any chance we get to own a few of these?

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  edmuiru Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:39

With Mi 28 do we really need Z10?

edmuiru

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Sep 19 2012, 13:25

edmuiru wrote:With Mi 28 do we really need Z10?

just check on its specs..number of such birds:maybe 12-16

more machinery in the offing,seems a good replacement of the humvees in the field or even spec ops(my limited assessment) or post AS chismayu transport/patrol vehicle http://worldwide-defence.blogspot.com/2012/08/rg32m-mine-hardened-armoured-patrol.html

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Wed Sep 19 2012, 16:10

Finally confirmed:

AMISOM forces (KDF & TFG) today at 1445hrs captured the town of Jana
Cabdalla!!!, a significant step towards the capture of KISMAYU

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 19 2012, 18:43

Z-10 a promising aircraft but it is still on the prototype stage. And as Edmuiru said The Mi-28 has secured that niche; tank killer and modern day scout . The Mi-28 is a matured Gunship from the short comes and lesson leant from the Mi-24 in the Rus/Afgan war.
@Nesta limb by limb were going to cut them off until we reach the A.S dorsal, kisimayo.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Interloper Wed Sep 19 2012, 18:45

Looks like Alkebab are going to make a last stand in Chismayo..

http://t.co/z3MvHKJi
Interloper
Interloper

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 19 2012, 19:02

proud kenyan wrote:
edmuiru wrote:With Mi 28 do we really need Z10?

just check on its specs..number of such birds:maybe 12-16

more machinery in the offing,seems a good replacement of the humvees in the field or even spec ops(my limited assessment) or post AS chismayu transport/patrol vehicle http://worldwide-defence.blogspot.com/2012/08/rg32m-mine-hardened-armoured-patrol.html

@proud Kenya Humvees are mid size utilities vehicles (transport with secondary role of patrolling) the land rover or Jeeps for the U.S army. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 14 Kenya_10
The RG32 is exclusively MRAP a patrol or liaison vehicle the same class with the M-26 puma , if I am not wrong.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 19 2012, 19:36

the same class with the M-26 puma , if I am not wrong.
you are not wrong about that. it would be like buying a new knife, while u have one, just because your rich neighbour uses it.
@O.N, When AMISOM was being constituted we initially had problems with troop contributing countries. Nigeria still hasn't contributed the needed troops and with S.A it's a case of won't deploy cant deploy. This brings me to the question, What is the use of all the Au Standby Brigades? In the Case of the DRC (as is happening right now) an Somalia as happened, why wasn't this standby brigade deployed? Is it just a feel good political force or a potent military force?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Sep 19 2012, 19:42

jasiri wrote:
you are not wrong about that. it would be like buying a new knife, while u have one, just because your rich neighbour uses it.
@O.N, When AMISOM was being constituted we initially had problems with troop contributing countries. Nigeria still hasn't contributed the needed troops and with S.A it's a case of won't deploy cant deploy. This brings me to the question, What is the use of all the Au Standby Brigades? In the Case of the DRC (as is happening right now) an Somalia as happened, why wasn't this standby brigade deployed? Is it just a feel good political force or a potent military force?

1.buy a knife eeehhh:D Very Happy Very Happy

2.good question lets wait for O.N
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 19 2012, 20:09

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:

1.buy a knife eeehhhVery Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2.good question lets wait for O.N
With all that lethality i can only draw comparisons with a knife. A spoon would be a bit downgrading Very Happy
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 19 2012, 20:48

"Al Shabaab said in the mosques: 'All Muslims should join the jihad as Kenyan troops will rape your wives and sisters and loot your property'," Nur said.
ingenious! When was the last time this happened in KDF? Desperate kicks of a slaughtered goat. http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/20/worldupdates/2012-09-19T163550Z_1_BRE88I12A_RTROPTT_0_UK-SOMALIA-CONFLICT&sec=Worldupdates
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 14 Empty Amnesty for Kenyans fighting for sl kebabs

Post  mogen Thu Sep 20 2012, 02:16

wrote:“The capture of Kismayu is imminent. Kenya Government extends amnesty to Kenyans fighting in Somalia as Al Shabaab. Retreat peacefully now,”

http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000066524&pageNo=2

How will they surrender while their handlers routinely shoot deserters? Poor buggers. why did they go there?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next