THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

+37
mchoraji
proud kenyan
mekatilili
firewall
kimiti
Mbaine
HokumA
SS Jamuhuri
Uzi
Nesta
Observer
Al Bashir
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
georiise
mogen
Fabrizio
MOOZALENDO
cylon
aggressor one
Ole Sidai
mwepesi
countersniper
Sierra Kilo
vince
Kobooz
Batian
one man army
Spartan
tempest
jasiri
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Olekoima
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
41 posters

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi Sat Oct 13 2012, 23:44

@spartan most of your elite Kids were on Brit DPM during the jubilee. Adapted those for SF/Elite crew?
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 Empty Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  countersniper Sun Oct 14 2012, 07:55

Uzi wrote:
http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/636361-independence-terror-attack-foiled-kayihura.html

"Kayihura said 27 have been charged in court and four released on bond pending further investigation. He also revealed that there are some young people who are being trained in Kenya, DRC and Tanzania to return here and destabilize Uganda".

Those are serious allegations, I sure hope you are wrong Police Chief, Gen. Kale Kayihura.

i sincerely hope this is a case of misreporting by an overzealous press
i don't think anyone sensible has time to train anyone to destabilize people in Uganda from Kenya..
we Are too grown up for that kind of shit.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:58

countersniper wrote:i sincerely hope this is a case of misreporting by an overzealous press i don't think anyone sensible has time to train anyone to destabilize people in Uganda from Kenya..we Are too grown up for that kind of shit.

Kayihura wasn't implying that "Kenyans'' of "Kenya'' was trying to destabilise Uganda. Probably Al Shabaab or a radical Madrasa or even ADF, all of whom are active in Kenya.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Oct 14 2012, 14:19

HokumA wrote:When we were in school truckloads of PGB would be poured to frisk each student entering the compound all day long, the Man would show up in the evening have tea with the VC and off he went. I remember a time we went on strike and Men/Women of Bombo in full combat gear including a tank came to say hi, M7 does love a secure environment if you ask me.

We can't argue with, or corroborate your version of events. You really survived those PGB boys, didn't you? Nice to hear you went to school here though.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:38

Risasi wrote:@spartan most of your elite Kids were on Brit DPM during the jubilee. Adapted those for SF/Elite crew?

Brigadier Muhoozi has been using it, now it has been fully adopted by the Special Forces Command/group.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:48

Spartan wrote:
HokumA wrote:When we were in school truckloads of PGB would be poured to frisk each student entering the compound all day long, the Man would show up in the evening have tea with the VC and off he went. I remember a time we went on strike and Men/Women of Bombo in full combat gear including a tank came to say hi, M7 does love a secure environment if you ask me.

We can't argue with, or corroborate your version of events. You really survived those PGB boys, didn't you? Nice to hear you went to school here though.

@Spartan that's is the gospel truth. I was there for more than 5 years loved the food and of course the Westerna Women. Smile
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Oct 15 2012, 15:10

HokumA wrote:@Spartan that's is the gospel truth. I was there for more than 5 years loved the food and of course the Westerna Women. Smile

My mother comes from the west, and yeah, they are beautiful women. But that's as far as I will agree with you here.
Tanks are armored vehicles designed to take on other armored vehicles or fortifications, not schoobies. Either the one who gave the order for the tanks to go to a school, along with the tank crew were mad or the story never happened.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:00

Spartan wrote:
HokumA wrote:@Spartan that's is the gospel truth. I was there for more than 5 years loved the food and of course the Westerna Women. Smile

My mother comes from the west, and yeah, they are beautiful women. But that's as far as I will agree with you here.
Tanks are armored vehicles designed to take on other armored vehicles or fortifications, not schoobies. Either the one who gave the order for the tanks to go to a school, along with the tank crew were mad or the story never happened.

@Spartan when this happened Kisanja (third term) was the hottest topic after federal and it so happened that people from my school had nothing but love for the FDC Man so deterrence was a matter of priority.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Oct 15 2012, 17:22

HokumA wrote:@Spartan when this happened Kisanja (third term) was the hottest topic after federal and it so happened that people from my school had nothing but love for the FDC Man so deterrence was a matter of priority.

Bro, the whole of Kampala and other urban centres are FDC, and tanks can't change that fact. Can we drop this?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:47

RIP Comrades!!

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/4+UPDF+soldiers+killed+in+Somalia/-/688334/1539584/-/2cs12y/-/index.html
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:37

Sierra Kilo wrote:RIP Comrades!!

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/4+UPDF+soldiers+killed+in+Somalia/-/688334/1539584/-/2cs12y/-/index.html

Skeptical UG readers think the toll is higher than reported. Whatever the case might be: RIP the fallen UPDF heroes. The captured Bardugle Airbase [runway bigger than Mogadishu Airport's runway]must never revert to the alkebaabs' hands.

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Tue Oct 23 2012, 13:26

mogen wrote:

Skeptical UG readers think the toll is higher than reported. Whatever the case might be: RIP the fallen UPDF heroes. The captured Bardugle Airbase [runway bigger than Mogadishu Airport's runway]must never revert to the alkebaabs' hands.

Which skeptical Ugandans think that the toll was higher? Or it is you who is pretending to be a 'skeptical Ugandan?

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 14:02

aggressor one wrote:
mogen wrote:

Which skeptical Ugandans think that the toll was higher? Or it is you who is pretending to be a 'skeptical Ugandan?

I read in the 'East African' John Onyango Obbo having written it's believed the toll is higher. He is ugandan......on my part I have no reason not to believe the toll released by updf

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 23 2012, 15:00

aggressor one wrote:
mogen wrote:

Ma broda. I'm Kenyan and not skeptical. I accept the number given by the UPDF because I have no reason to doubt. I believe what you tell me until I confirm you have told me untruths then I start to doubt. Here are the negative reader comments i was referring to:

READER COMMENTS
@Tommy • 14 hours ago
If Kulaygye reports 4, those are 14 dead soldiers.

@You idiots! • 7 hours ago
The Ugandan gov't is reaping big from this war in terms of dollars. However, some ugandans will always pay in blood. I will bet thlse killed are more than four.

You can see them and more in the Readers' Comments section here http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/4+UPDF+soldiers+killed+in+Somalia/-/688334/1539584/-/2cs12y/-/index.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Tue Oct 23 2012, 15:40

aggressor one wrote:Which skeptical Ugandans think that the toll was higher? Or it is you who is pretending to be a 'skeptical Ugandan?

It’s advisable to first gather all facts then rush out into offence else you end up mobilizing to counter friendly forces, not cool No. Some of the readers of the article felt that the UPDF was giving a scaled down count of the KIA occasioned by the ambush on a UPDF unit en route to Baidoa.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 23 2012, 17:46

HokumA wrote:
aggressor one wrote:Which skeptical Ugandans think that the toll was higher? Or it is you who is pretending to be a 'skeptical Ugandan?

It’s advisable to first gather all facts then rush out into offence else you end up mobilizing to counter friendly forces, not cool No. Some of the readers of the article felt that the UPDF was giving a scaled down count of the KIA occasioned by the ambush on a UPDF unit en route to Baidoa.

In any case, these are people's opinions. Nothing to worry about. I don't see why you guys should fight about these. There cannot be shortage of varied opinions in the net. Just read them and move on.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Wed Oct 24 2012, 15:13

Olekoima wrote:
HokumA wrote:

In any case, these are people's opinions. Nothing to worry about. I don't see why you guys should fight about these. There cannot be shortage of varied opinions in the net. Just read them and move on.

The count of UPDF KIA can not be hidden during an international assignment like AMISOM, simply because every death and injury is processed and payments done, and accountability filed with the UNSC and other funders. The AMISOM page on wikipedia is updated regularly on all casualties, including those who die in hospitals in Nairobi and elsewhere. My own count (GOU put it at 75 two or three months ago, and they were right then) is that all the UGABAG groups have lost 81, plus or minus three. 81 KIA in six years in an active theatre like Somalia is pretty impressive, although I would have preferred if there were none. If you multiplied KDF KIA in the past one year, it would come to around the same figure. Our Burundian brothers have not been so lucky, with 140 or so killed so far.

But there are those who thrive on rumours and conspiracy theories, who will believe anything, including enemy propaganda.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Oct 24 2012, 15:48

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
HokumA wrote:

The count of UPDF KIA can not be hidden during an international assignment like AMISOM, simply because every death and injury is processed and payments done, and accountability filed with the UNSC and other funders. The AMISOM page on wikipedia is updated regularly on all casualties, including those who die in hospitals in Nairobi and elsewhere. My own count (GOU put it at 75 two or three months ago, and they were right then) is that all the UGABAG groups have lost 81, plus or minus three. 81 KIA in six years in an active theatre like Somalia is pretty impressive, although I would have preferred if there were none. If you multiplied KDF KIA in the past one year, it would come to around the same figure. Our Burundian brothers have not been so lucky, with 140 or so killed so far.

But there are those who thrive on rumours and conspiracy theories, who will believe anything, including enemy propaganda.

Look, what UPDF and burundian forces have accomplished in Crazy Town and elsewhere in Somalia cannot be hidden
http://horseedmedia.net/2012/10/24/signs-of-hope-surface-in-somalia/
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:55

We have this Ugandan page yet some people still post Uganda stuff on the Kenyan page. I wonder why.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 Empty Uganda fury at Congo claims: Somalia operation reviewed

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:31

Uganda feeling frustrated here. I can understand their position:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20081847
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 Empty Uganda: UPDF Overruns Al-Shabaab Hideout

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:35

Who said that sector 1 was quiet?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210251444.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Oct 26 2012, 15:50

More pictures from that Hind mess.
Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 EB7EA2ED-63CA-4176-BD40-9131204CEC27_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy10_cw0
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Nov 02 2012, 20:52

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Uganda+pulling+out+of+Somalia++says+Amama/-/688334/1609936/-/d778ygz/-/index.html

It apparent M7 wasn't bluffing. Something ought to be done to prevent this action or else the gains achieved at crazy town will be reversed. Am not sure Burundi contingent can hold on its own or whether Crazy town fits in KDF's OLN plan. Where is AU's voice in all this?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Nov 03 2012, 10:51

Uzi wrote:http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Uganda+pulling+out+of+Somalia++says+Amama/-/688334/1609936/-/d778ygz/-/index.html

It apparent M7 wasn't bluffing. Something ought to be done to prevent this action or else the gains achieved at crazy town will be reversed. Am not sure Burundi contingent can hold on its own or whether Crazy town fits in KDF's OLN plan. Where is AU's voice in all this?

It's about time. For a long time so-called UN experts had it easy on hapless African governments. If the UN doesn't make a total and public walk-back of these accusations, I too support the withdrawal. The tone, mood and content of statements from the ministers all point to an air of finality on this issue.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Nov 03 2012, 15:15

Spartan wrote:
Uzi wrote:http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Uganda+pulling+out+of+Somalia++says+Amama/-/688334/1609936/-/d778ygz/-/index.html

It's about time. For a long time so-called UN experts had it easy on hapless African governments. If the UN doesn't make a total and public walk-back of these accusations, I too support the withdrawal. The tone, mood and content of statements from the ministers all point to an air of finality on this issue.

@Sparta man
As I have said elsewhere, in this war with the reckless UNSC agents M7 is presently winning and will have the last laugh. The offending report may never be debated, that is if the trajectory of this manenos remains the same. But if, indeed, the report authors happen to table hard/incontrovertible evidence of a corrupt GoU official caught with his hand in the till in DRC then things will be elephant. Certainly, I do not countenance the possibility of M7 eating humble pie vis a vis this matter. in the meantime, the alkebabs high command must be praying, without ceasing, for the worst case scenario.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:42

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html

I hope this settles it. sorry Kebabs you should have prayed harder Very Happy Laughing bounce
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF), - Page 22 Empty UNSC UGABAG maneno

Post  MOOZALENDO Sun Nov 04 2012, 03:32

Uzi wrote:http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html

I hope this settles it. sorry Kebabs you should have prayed harder Very Happy Laughing bounce

Obviously withdrawal of UPDF would not only set a bad precedent for African initiatives such as AMISOM but more critically embolden stragglers within the al kabab which is on its deathbed to hang in and wait for a better day. The UNSC cannot have their cake and eat it too...MONUC is one gigantic waste of resources because when m23 established in their zone of operation, where were they?

I also have troubling feelings about the m23 ...there is a Bishop Jean-Marie Runiga. Who is he and what is his life history? Who is Colonel Sultani Makenga and what is his story? Where were these guys say 3 four years ago? Where is Gen Nkunda? How close is Bunagana from the Ug border?

Suppose that it is actually true these fellas are getting some kind of support?

Ei maswali tele kweli!

Moozalendo.
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sun Nov 04 2012, 07:00

THE UNSC has blinked; GOU my fellows, are a force to recon with and a strong contender in the Som theater.

Kodos
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sun Nov 04 2012, 11:23

Flying Crane wrote:THE UNSC has blinked; GOU my fellows, are a force to recon with and a strong contender in the Som theater.

Kodos

I think these comments by fabrizio on the Kenyan forum capture the reality here.

Fabrizio wrote:I would not go as far as saying they blinked. I am not sure how familiar the monitor's reporters are with the workings of an international body like the UN. The report has neither been adopted nor rejected. Mr. Singh, the Indian representative, states the obvious in diplo-speak. When he says the views expressed by the experts “do not necessarily reflect those of the United Nations.” he leaves open the possibility that they may eventually reflect those of the UN.

Here is the report http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html. Needless to say, the headline UN distances self from Congo report is misleading.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:19

Sierra Kilo wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:THE UNSC has blinked; GOU my fellows, are a force to recon with and a strong contender in the Som theater.

Kodos

I think these comments by fabrizio on the Kenyan forum capture the reality here.

Fabrizio wrote:I would not go as far as saying they blinked. I am not sure how familiar the monitor's reporters are with the workings of an international body like the UN. The report has neither been adopted nor rejected. Mr. Singh, the Indian representative, states the obvious in diplo-speak. When he says the views expressed by the experts “do not necessarily reflect those of the United Nations.” he leaves open the possibility that they may eventually reflect those of the UN.

Here is the report http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html. Needless to say, the headline UN distances self from Congo report is misleading.

Remember the authors of the report leaked it one media house. Not officially thro' the UNSC. A statement has nevertheless been made even if the UNSC full council ends up denouncing it in toto. The Indian ambassador wasn't speaking for himself. He's the UNSC President for the month of Nov 2012 and was therefore mandated to receive Uganda's protest letter. His word on this matter is official. You will soon see the UNSC forcefully denouncing the report and cutting adrift its agents who wrote it. The stakes are rather too high for them to take any other step.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next