THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 12:45

Spartan wrote:

ole Nkarei, when you finally enter 'just' Afmadow, you will know what I am talking about.

When you are in a dancing competition, you wont win when half of the time you are looking at how well your competitor is dancing. You may trip yourself, you know. KDF has nothing to prove to anyone (may be to themselves, maybe), just do your job and take care of your interests.

Spartan – you think Kenyans overstate our assessments of KDF in Somalia – that is fair comment. But just make fair military commentary in agreement or disagreement – is all. What is this running negativity you perpetuate against KDF based on anyway? Will you respect us more only when you should see Kenya Blood running in the streets of Mogadishu, Afmadow? And the brave UPDF young men killed in Mogadishu any more valuable as a consequence?.

For a start, give us a basic analysis of the Force-Capability the UPDF has ranged in Mogadishu that would be used in a ''break-out'' from Crazy Town? How do you propose to achieve that feat? Indeed how can any military man explain your ''progress'' in Mogadishu in real terms? There is close to a UPDF Infantry Division in Mogadishu, aint there?

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Tue Nov 22 2011, 14:00

Now Americans are surprised by K.d.f advance in Somalia.Give ma a break!What did they expect?

one man army

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Empty alshabab set to release video of beheading of captured KDF men very soon.

Post  countersniper Tue Nov 22 2011, 17:44

according to major chirchir
these thugs are set to release this graphic video any time.
why cant the KDF target these radio and tv stations linked to alshabab?..this is war...and now the gloves are off
why is the kismayo and afmadow advance now very slow?will the ethiopians get there before KDF?

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23operationlindanchi
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Empty CPT. Oguna of the KDF is the information officer of the KDF

Post  Batian Tue Nov 22 2011, 18:40

He says planning a war is not like going for a picnic in Mombasa. I think this lull and inactivity from KDF is unbelievable. they should take this war down and complete the mission because Alshabaab is reconvening with weapons and tactics. Remember Alshaabab are on the Indian ocean and not on land. This is because some have been recently arrested by Yemen authorities. Now This is the time to take Afmadow otherwise the Ethopian encursion has ruined the mathematics of somalia. There is an explosion that has rocked Mogadishu very recently. Too many soldiers and too many miscalculations will bring numerous fatalities
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Nov 22 2011, 18:55

efrommers wrote:He says planning a war is not like going for a picnic in Mombasa. I think this lull and inactivity from KDF is unbelievable. they should take this war down and complete the mission because Alshabaab is reconvening with weapons and tactics. Remember Alshaabab are on the Indian ocean and not on land. This is because some have been recently arrested by Yemen authorities. Now This is the time to take Afmadow otherwise the Ethopian encursion has ruined the mathematics of somalia. There is an explosion that has rocked Mogadishu very recently. Too many soldiers and too many miscalculations will bring numerous fatalities

First,Oguna is s full colonel-and not a captain of the KDF.
and for me it was a a grave error these kdf bosses to deploy wheeled troop carriers to the front line only for them to be bogged down in mud.they should have anticipated the rain and instead used tracked troop carriers..and blitzed to Afmadow and Kismayo before the Alshabab knew what is happening.
AT this rate the public is getting increasingly frustrated at this permanent statement.saying we will take afmadow anytime now and kismayo is next is becoming fodder for jokes and ridicule on blogs..
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:08

countersniper wrote:
efrommers wrote:He says planning a war is not like going for a picnic in Mombasa. I think this lull and inactivity from KDF is unbelievable. they should take this war down and complete the mission because Alshabaab is reconvening with weapons and tactics. Remember Alshaabab are on the Indian ocean and not on land. This is because some have been recently arrested by Yemen authorities. Now This is the time to take Afmadow otherwise the Ethopian encursion has ruined the mathematics of somalia. There is an explosion that has rocked Mogadishu very recently. Too many soldiers and too many miscalculations will bring numerous fatalities

First,Oguna is s full colonel-and not a captain of the KDF.
and for me it was a a grave error these kdf bosses to deploy wheeled troop carriers to the front line only for them to be bogged down in mud.they should have anticipated the rain and instead used tracked troop carriers..and blitzed to Afmadow and Kismayo before the Alshabab knew what is happening.
AT this rate the public is getting increasingly frustrated at this permanent statement.saying we will take afmadow anytime now and kismayo is next is becoming fodder for jokes and ridicule on blogs..

My apologies thanks you for the correction but this is what the west thinks about the Kenyan incursion visit this link below

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/20/us-somalia-islamists-idUSTRE7AJ0IN20111120

You have helicopter gunfire, you have Mil F5-EMs . this rain issue is just delay tactics and I think it is now or never. Just as i said in my earlier post They alshabaab is reconvening and jihadists from afganistan and yemen do not need to land at baidoa as they can come via the north by ship and slowly come down is a I think kenya is waiting for support. It seems the KDF underestimated alshabaab. Rain cannot prevent the army from completely killing militants. Kenya wants a clean war it has never happened people have to sacrifice. if it does not have intelligence they need to attack from the battleground.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:13

countersniper wrote:

Hey, slow down, Counter-sniper. The frustration builds up even in the ranks, brother – we wanna have and done with this jig as soon as.. . Storming into Kismayo is precisely what the Ethiopians did the first time – jumping feet first. Good military planners learn from war history, and winning this ‘’clean’’ is what will keep the peace finally. And this Somalia thing is as much about winning ‘’clean’’ as it is about winning ‘’war’’ – we pile up the Somali-KIA combatant or noncombatant (and it is already into the several thousands), we shall surely ‘’win dirty’’. We gotta play this clever, let the ‘’irregulars’’ take visibility and grind this to a close - difficult to blame the raising KIA on KDF. Snuff out the bastards surely and cleanly.

As concerns being ‘’rained-off’’ – I seem to recall the Bullet-man advising that this is just an euphemism for strategic or tactic slow-downs – history is full of such clever oneliners. We can take Kismayo any time during the past month – rain or no rain. Relax, bruda. In good time. But, damn!!

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:19

"I captured this image of KDF at the Dobley area from a Somali TV video.
You can see clearly that there is a white Soldier talking with a KDF soldier.

The question is who? I am tempted to say America or UK, but the gun he is holding is a AK 47.

Has Kenya hired mercenaries to do some of the dirty work?

Has it hired Blackwater private military??

Either way, someone must account for this white soldier and possibly many more in the KDF battlefront.

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Captur10

Here is the full video where i grabbed the image

"

i find it wierd for one to suggest that the white guy holding the AK is a kenyan soldier..as Nkarei said, it could be mercinaries hired by the other side.. and again. i doubt if there are kenyan forces using AKs in somalia.. though i am open for correction
[/quote]
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:24

My patriotic duty requires that i support our forces and be ready to defend the republic whenever required to, that i would do without asking, however i not being in the forces enables me to question or analyse orders or strategies being employed to realise mission objectives.

When the OLI started, the mission was to enter into SOM territory and push the unfriendlies like 100km away from the common border. It now however seems that was an understatement as the objectives seems to have changed midstream, it is now a total wipe out of the 'Terror Networks'. The AS seems to have heard this and retreated deeper into SOM so probably that is why small towns fell without a shot being fired. This review of the mission seems to have outstretched the capacity of equipment and personnel advanced forward and as the military planners go back to the drawing board it would be good to blame the weather for the slow down. From prominent bloggists here there were recon teams inside SOM before the official OLI started, why did they not advice on when, where and how to implement objectives based on the initial plans? did they anticipate that terrorists would congregate in Kismayu or afmadow which are built up areas, what about the weather and terrain? I may not be strategist in this field but i do smell some amateurishness that i would not expect from our KDF.

Though painfully sacarstic it would be good to read in between the lines of what the Spartans and Cranes of this world comment on here, sometimes they make an awful lot of sense.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Tue Nov 22 2011, 22:09

Sierra Kilo wrote:My patriotic duty requires that i support our forces and be ready to defend the republic whenever required to, that i would do without asking, however i not being in the forces enables me to question or analyse orders or strategies being employed to realise mission objectives.

When the OLI started, the mission was to enter into SOM territory and push the unfriendlies like 100km away from the common border. It now however seems that was an understatement as the objectives seems to have changed midstream, it is now a total wipe out of the 'Terror Networks'. The AS seems to have heard this and retreated deeper into SOM so probably that is why small towns fell without a shot being fired. This review of the mission seems to have outstretched the capacity of equipment and personnel advanced forward and as the military planners go back to the drawing board it would be good to blame the weather for the slow down. From prominent bloggists here there were recon teams inside SOM before the official OLI started, why did they not advice on when, where and how to implement objectives based on the initial plans? did they anticipate that terrorists would congregate in Kismayu or afmadow which are built up areas, what about the weather and terrain? I may not be strategist in this field but i do smell some amateurishness that i would not expect from our KDF.

Though painfully sacarstic it would be good to read in between the lines of what the Spartans and Cranes of this world comment on here, sometimes they make an awful lot of sense.

I somewhat agree with your view. Over the last one week we seem to have committed several amateurish blunders.
( 1). Why was the PM's travel to Israel publicized? Everyone and their grandmother knows that they easiest way to unify muslim extremists, is to publicly side with Israel on any issue. If Israel says the sky is blue and you agree, to the islamic radicals you are part of the zionist axis. To make the matters worse the defense minister, a muslim, went public with his objection to the PM's move. Its amateur hour in Nairobi...
(2). KDF has a poor reputation of indiscipline proceeding them. Remember the Mt Elgon torture allegations, Wagalla massacre, post election violence rape allegations in Kericho, kabarnet? Now for some unknow reason KDF officers decided to beat the hell out of Red cross volunteers at kakuma, accusing them of being part of A.S, right in the full view of international aid workers.. What gives??

Its one thing to encounter military/operational difficulties in theater.. this is war and the situation is fluid but its a totally different animal when you portray yourselves as confused and undisciplined that your own citizenry starts questioning your competence.
Ole and others have quoted the importance of military history. Following suite, I'd like to remind you that America lost 2 wars when their general citizenry and public lost appetite for their military blunders.. 1st in Vietnam and second right next door, Somalia 1993!
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Tue Nov 22 2011, 23:14

ole Nkarei wrote:
countersniper wrote:

Hey, slow down, Counter-sniper. The frustration builds up even in the ranks, brother – we wanna have and done with this jig as soon as.. . Storming into Kismayo is precisely what the Ethiopians did the first time – jumping feet first. Good military planners learn from war history, and winning this ‘’clean’’ is what will keep the peace finally. And this Somalia thing is as much about winning ‘’clean’’ as it is about winning ‘’war’’ – we pile up the Somali-KIA combatant or noncombatant (and it is already into the several thousands), we shall surely ‘’win dirty’’. We gotta play this clever, let the ‘’irregulars’’ take visibility and grind this to a close - difficult to blame the raising KIA on KDF. Snuff out the bastards surely and cleanly.

As concerns being ‘’rained-off’’ – I seem to recall the Bullet-man advising that this is just an euphemism for strategic or tactic slow-downs – history is full of such clever oneliners. We can take Kismayo any time during the past month – rain or no rain. Relax, bruda. In good time. But, damn!!

My friend Ole Nkurei your patriotism is admirable, but you might want to atleast open up and free your intellectual capacity to know the dynamics of the somali war. You claim that winning a war cleanly is the key to peace. Remember in this case of OLI, no dictator is being ousted here, and the last Ugandan incursion into Zaire and the Tanzanian incursion into Comoros Islands should not place a yardstick for KDF incursion. This is a bloody terrorist outfit that will use any tool to win a war. They will try to gain sympathy from the international "pressure-groups" allied to the arab-league.The Ethopian incursion should concentrate its efforts in central and upper puntland as Alshabaab are happy that the Ethopians have set feet in Somali again.

This works well for Alshabaab becuase of the love-hate relationship between Somali and Ethopia and they will fuel hateful propaganda campaigns for them, which will make the greater somali gang up against the Ethopians. Now on the point that we have to agree that KDF must take this war down as fast as they can. otherwise they will give the enemy too much space to marnouvre and reorganize and some have even escaped to the sea.

Another point is that by slamping into inactivity you make yourself very predictable to the Enemy. NB The issue here is winning a war not casualties on either side. Remember KDF risks losing popularity in the international community especiall press sections. KDF air strikes blunders going horribly wrong and killling animals and innocent civillians are being clearly discussed on the BBC podcasts on the net. This is the second accusation as clearly reported by BBC

Last edited by efrommers on Tue Nov 22 2011, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Tue Nov 22 2011, 23:27

I always choke and try so hard not to throw up when people suggest that America lost Somali war in 1993.Really?Before you make such a pedestrial allegation,its important you know what was the objective of the Americans in the first place.Certainly it was not to wage war.The fact that things went wrong in their bid to capture a warlord and that several Americans got killed and stripped and dragged on the streets by immoral goons doesnt imply that America lost.Hundreds of somalis died that day.
K.d.f has to defend the country rain or no rain.Are you guys trying to suggest that after various abductions that happened prior we ought to have waited for the rainy season to subside so me dont get stuck in the mud? So we be an army that functions only when it doesnt rain.How ridiculous!
The fact of the matter is that if K.d.f wanted to storm afmadow and Kismayu on day one,they had the capacity o do it.If they wanted to obliterate the two urban centers,they have the capacity to it.However,goons like al shabab have to be fought every inch (they are ground hogs) and pacification has to be carried out.Look at whats happening in Mogadishu and learn.You storm a city and A.S remnants entrenched cause havoc every day.This war is not about storming anywhere afmadow or whichever other crazy town out there.It has to fought inch per inch and every hole has to be smoked out.As for Ethiopians driving to Kismayu, i doubt but should they,that doesn't imply that they worn the war and we didnt.
At the end of the day and i bet my money on this,the killer blow will come from K.d.f and the most clean and secure areas will be those liberated by k.d.f.Last time Ethiopians stormed the way some suggest here the situation got even worse.Figure it out guys.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Empty Is Ethiopia here to steal the thunder??

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:30

I dont realy understand Ethiopias role in Somalia. Did kenya request help? Why did they come at this time?? Were they afraid of the stature Kenya was going to get after wiping out Al shabaab.

A chance for get military glory is rarely comes by. Once Somalia is at peace, Kenyan soldiers may never fire a bullet for hundreds of years.

As such, others should keep off this war. this is our war.

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:45

one man army wrote:I always choke and try so hard not to throw up when people suggest that America lost Somali war in 1993.Really?Before you make such a pedestrial allegation,its important you know what was the objective of the Americans in the first place.Certainly it was not to wage war.The fact that things went wrong in their bid to capture a warlord and that several Americans got killed and stripped and dragged on the streets by immoral goons doesnt imply that America lost.

This seems to be an issue of semantics. It all depends on your definition of lose/lost or fail. First and foremost, the US was in Somalia under 2 different mandates, UNISOM I and UNISOM II. The first mission was to pacify the country and facilitate distribution of humanitarian aid. UNISOM II had several mandates which included enforcement of peace(read.. rules of engagement), the capture of Aideed and most IMPORTANTLY the promotion of US interests. UNISOM II included US army elements that were not under the UN but reported directly to the generals in Washington. The objectives of these detachments were parallel to those of the UN combined forces. This WAS NOT a narrowly focused mission as you try to claim. By the US army's own account UNISOM I was successful but UNISOM II was a total FAILURE. After the battle of Mogadishu, decision makers in Washington DC and the American public in general withdrew their support of UNISOM II hence the US forces had to be withdrawn. By the US army's own accord, it was a failed mission. How you choose to interpret this is, is up to you. Below is the official account by the US Army's own chief military historian.

http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/Somalia/Somalia.htm

Now, don't get me wrong. I totally, 100% support the KDF. I wish them safety and success as they fight for and represent our interests as Kenyans. A.S is a menace that needs to be dealt with. That said, we should be open to constructive criticism. We should call a spade a spade when we see it. In here, we are mere spectators with absolutely zero experience in military planning but if we have an army fighting on our behalf we should be able to freely express our views. After all its our collective interests as Kenyans that are at stake. I have read through the blogs and and I see a lot of knowledgeable comments and quotes from various guys here, many quotes from Sun Tzu. But we seem to have missed one important that we should be paying attention to right now "Thus, though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays." ! We all have a stake in this!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
"War is too important to be left to the generals" - Georges Clemenceau(1946)
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Wed Nov 23 2011, 05:13

SS Jamuhuri wrote:"I captured this image of KDF at the Dobley area from a Somali TV video.
You can see clearly that there is a white Soldier talking with a KDF soldier.

The question is who? I am tempted to say America or UK, but the gun he is holding is a AK 47.

Has Kenya hired mercenaries to do some of the dirty work?

Has it hired Blackwater private military??

Either way, someone must account for this white soldier and possibly many more in the KDF battlefront.

Kenya Defence Force - Page 2 Captur10

Here is the full video where i grabbed the image

"

i find it wierd for one to suggest that the white guy holding the AK is a kenyan soldier..as Nkarei said, it could be mercinaries hired by the other side.. and again. i doubt if there are kenyan forces using AKs in somalia.. though i am open for correction
[/quote]

That definitely seems to be a mzungu in there. I don't know who the guy giving a speech is but I guess he's an important figure in the TFG. The mzungu guy may be part of his security detail. Below is evidence that mercenaries paid for by the US government have been backing the TFG.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/world/africa/11somalia.html?pagewanted=all
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 07:40

Al Bashir wrote: That said, we should be open to constructive criticism. We should call a spade a spade when we see it. In here, we are mere spectators with absolutely zero experience in military planning ....
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Al-Bashir. Slow down with your generalised assumption. You know no one here but yourself, so how about speaking just for yourself? Take your time, buddy. Your commentaries make for good reading and are weighty and sensible. But I have some objections to the assumptive grounding of your arguments if such is what it is highlighted in red above.

The citation from Clemencau is quite correct if it was aptly contextualized and specific.

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:11

ole Nkarei wrote:
Al Bashir wrote: That said, we should be open to constructive criticism. We should call a spade a spade when we see it. In here, we are mere spectators with absolutely zero experience in military planning ....

Al-Bashir. Slow down with your generalised assumption. You know no one here but yourself, so how about speaking just for yourself? Take your time, buddy. Your commentaries make for good reading and are weighty and sensible. But I have some objections to the assumptive grounding of your arguments if such is what it is highlighted in red above.

The citation from Clemencau is quite correct if it was aptly contextualized and specific.

Ole Nkarei, That's true I made a wide generalization in that statement. I salute our uniformed brothers for their service and commentaries. I meant to say that many/some of us.... have zero military
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:09

Al Bashir wrote:

(2). KDF has a poor reputation of indiscipline proceeding them. Remember the Mt Elgon torture allegations, Wagalla massacre, post election violence rape allegations in Kericho, kabarnet? Now for some unknow reason KDF officers decided to beat the hell out of Red cross volunteers at kakuma, accusing them of being part of A.S, right in the full view of international aid workers..

I am not aware that the constitution was changed to allow for internal policing to be done by the military. These very unfortunate incidents are continuing to pile up and i do not think they are doing the KDF any good PR. As someone talked of a 'clean war', i think it ought to start from home. Its high time the act was put together and a new chapter of military civillian relations turned.

Last edited by Sierra Kilo on Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:18

Guys look at this clip from Mogadishu and see one of the engagements between A.S and the african union troops.I believe Amisom is under equipped, and ill prepared for this kind of engagement.These A.S bastards are swarming like bees and firing from all directions,just spays and sprays.From what i see Amisom need serious reinforcements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YpXrtG8r9ZA

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 14:20

Al Bashir wrote:

Ole Nkarei, That's true I made a wide generalization in that statement. I salute our uniformed brothers for their service and commentaries. I meant to say that many/some of us.... have zero military

Tis alright, brother. Understood. And don't stop the commentaries, man!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 16:02

Hello East Africa, newbie here, informative forum that has
kept me glued to the screen. A lot of info to digest and healthy debates all
round.

I have a bone to pick with some bloodthirsty brethren here
who are itching for a fight while slouched on the sofas within the comfort of
their abodes. People want to hear that KDF blasted thro Somali to mogadishu
just to satisfy their insatiable thirst for blood and gory images, then boast
loudly at their locals of how mighty the KDF is. If anything goes wrong, these
same fellas will be loudest criticising the force’s ineptitude and incompetence.

People some measure of patriotism and intelligence is
required. First of all one must be pretty dumb to believe the bad weather excuse.
But I guess it was meant for dumbos. Even our Ugandan brothers are not buying
it. Secondly, Ethiopians blasted thro to mogadashe not so long ago. What did
they gain out of it? A hasty retreat. Our Burundi and Ugandan sons are paying
for virtual territory with unnecessary blood. Is it the right price to pay for
some mzungu agency to classify you higher on some list?

Some Kenyans tend to have the loudest public opinions about
everything and anything under the sun, almost always at the expense of their grey
matter. One cannot criticise kdf military planning strategy, yet the closest they have come to military stratagem
is through their keyboards as they voice their know how on various internet forum.
It is good to question when in doubt, but it is extremely foolhardy to assume
that KDF is being run by village idiots, who are only capable of making one
blunder after the other.

KDF blazing through somalea will not stop shabab,
fundemantalists, mujahideen, ex afghani from making a home in Somalia. Hell
every nation in the world is dealing with this issue, even the safe ‘west’
haven are constantly having to deal with it. The solution to the Somali problem
lies with the Somali peoples themselves. Remember in as much as shabab is
terrorist, these people are Somali youth whether brainwashed or whatever. Such
is the importance of the delicate pacification strategies being rightly
undertaken by KDF. One must understand that there is a very thin line, at times
almost non existent line, between Shabaab and Somali.

KDF went in to secure our borders and I feel they are on the
right track. If afmadow and kismayo falls, then well and good. But for the time being our borders have to be tightly secured, and incidences of lawlessness at our borders must be contained if not entirely eliminated. Surely do we expect KDF to announce to all and sundry day, date, time of when
they will be advancing on afmadow and kismayo?

I know our soldiers are war machines prepared to die
defending our country, but the less the Kia we have to deal with the better.
Let us learn from other world theatres that have proceeded our exercise. I don’t
care what the western media opinion is of our army, it is really meaningless
otherwise it would have won them the many wars they have engaged in. Every Kenyan
life on the line matters. That is why our forces crossed over to safeguard you
and me. And they should not be used as a means to stacking up some trophy
cabinet good image of some mzungu fool. Already we have lost one soldier too
many. Such should be our pride.
Tuko Imara angani, nchini na majini.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 16:21

[quote="jram"]/quote]

Absolutely spot-on brother Jram. Brilliant, and correct analysis, by whatever standards. Couldn't have put it any better, it cannot be put any better. Now, don't go away, stay connected here and keep commentary in.

I know that call-sign, man. '''Airborne all th....''' or ?.

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Wed Nov 23 2011, 18:09

[quote="jram"]/quote]

Spot on! The thing is on the different sides of the issue you have individuals with their popcorn ready who will gauge success by the number of bullets used and they will not stop to think that this is war and not a Rambo flick.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 20:49

Certainly we cannot all have military backgrounds, but that is why I spent GoK time making contributions in this blog. - to listen and learn what the non-uniforms are thinking and saying about topical matters that have Military connotations / implications to our beloved Motherland. It colors a lot of my opinions and gives freshness of perspective – makes me look kinda ‘’switched-on’’ in my Sitreps to the Brass!!

Kenya is richest in our diversity of opinion, culture, backgrounds, talents, weaknesses, etc. Let’s never forget that

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:08

@jram

I partially concur with you may be like 10% or so and I would want to stress out a point and facts straight to the public. You should know that we individually signed contracts with the Kenya Gov,t. at the age of 18yre or older, a recognized adult by the Kenya constitution and we did it in a sane mind and state in order to defend this republic.

we were drilled and converted from civilians to soldiers in a period of 15month under the stakeholders funds , the tax payers and we voluntary signed contracts to defend them, that could exchanged our life’s for the seek of the nation and their security. those that deem not suitable for the Job dropped out along the way. May it also be brought to your conscience that, these contracts and oaths were taken in front of our clergymen, C.I.C, Service commanders, friends, families and the Kenyan nation at large. May I remind you that, that wasn’t a drill but a binding agreement from us to the kenyan people, and Going against it or inciting other to do so is pure act of Mutiny, a court martial offence subjected to a firing squad by the 7th KA. Langata or the Hangman whatever will be convenient.

That contract, to protect and die for nation isn’t perpetual my friend, its reviewed periodically i.e. 9yre or so and everyone is free to re-sign or terminate his contract and resume a civilian life at that point or earlier at a known penalty. Therefore Mister, whoever submitted his life for the seek of the country is doing so bravely, at his own free will and at a promptly monthly and rewarding pay cheque. We will “regret” whether 1 or 10 lives are lost but that’s part of our Job. you and I ,whether in uniform or in civilian has no other option but to live with such news.

Lastly if KDF has decided to restrategies and call it weather issue or decide to match in to kisimayo next june, whats you problem? This is not an action Hero movie that you paid for and demanding to be entertained or get back a refund. These are people live, loved ones, father and sons, and their contribution and dedication will be employee at the battle front when all the conditions are right.

@countersniper
countersniper wrote: grave error these kdf bosses to deploy wheeled troop carriers to the front line only for them to be bogged down in mud.they should have anticipated the rain and instead used tracked troop carriers..Tracked vs wheel.
Tracked vehicle do get bogged down too. Get a copy of the WWII and what happened to the Panzers Tiger II tanks. Finally this wasn’t a pre planed war. KDF went after the A.S militia when they crossed that line of “we have had enough”.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:39

right on point Risasi. as for `civilians`, i guess we are too optimistic and confident with KDF that some of us get frustrated to imagine the operation is stalling......go go kdf, we got yo back!!
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:52

"Lastly if KDF has decided to restrategies and call it weather issue or decide to match in to kisimayo next june, whats you problem? This is not an action Hero movie that you paid for and demanding to be entertained or get back a refund. These are people live, loved ones, father and sons, and their contribution and dedication will be employee at the battle front when all the conditions are right.
"
right on.. but i think the emergent strategy needs to come out soon before the AS crawl into unknown holes or melt back to civilian life.. a white washed victory would do us no good..im not suggesting we rush but i think a little push on the strategy will do good
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:59

SS Jamuhuri wrote:
right on.. but i think the emergent strategy needs to come out soon before the AS crawl into unknown holes or melt back to civilian life.. a white washed victory would do us no good..im not suggesting we rush but i think a little push on the strategy will do good

@Jamhuru – without doubt we have shown we can make war, intelligent and effective war. Now what KDF MUST do at this juncture in Somalia is ‘’pick target, aim and shoot target’’ even if it means at some increased risks to KDF. it should be instructive to remember that Somalia will always be next door to Kenya, so that projecting of our insecurities due to this proximity must always bear that FACT in our collective mind. We cannot enter Somalia and blast anything Somali that sits up like the Americans do daily safely with their citizens thousands of Kilometers away. Surgical precision is what it must require, to avoid blurring the line between combatants and civilians.

Even were our entry into Somalia to be pursuant of a General Declaration of War, which it is not, we MUST NOT wage war on Somalia and Somalis. At the end of it, Kenya shall have real peace when Somalia shall end perpetual war. A senseless bloody war will only result in perpetual conflict. Now that is a worthy thing to be patient about, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Nov 24 2011, 09:13

Kismayo is almost a closed chapter, anytime now. Today morning i spotted a convoy from 7th infantry in battle dress, M-4'S(quite surprised that almost all of them had M-4's), vests minus helmets though. I estimate about a company sized detachment. Figured they are going to reinforce the Kismayo bound forces. Today i turn the pages in the paper and discover the Navy has actually enforced a blockade over Kismayo. Nice.

Waiting with bated breath.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Thu Nov 24 2011, 11:55

Kismayu Surveillance by K.A.F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3EorgSlfYUA

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content