THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty KDF kismayu assault on hold because of concerns for the civillians.

Post  countersniper Sun Jan 15 2012, 21:32

ole Nkarei wrote:
kimiti wrote:I think this is a way of the gok trying to get the western world to chip in especially the Americans. It seems logical since they cant go to the morgue after black hawk down and they have all this hardware to dispose off, we need to make them ashamed so that our position is elevated.
It sure takes a kurutu to put you ole timers to pasture! Spartan – Minister Haji is justifiably and understandably playing real-politiks with this new muscled KDF profile and the serious opportunity now presented to the world to close this Somali question with finality. Israel has done this for decades, and Pakistan been at it for a decade of so. Make no mistake about it - we can do Kismayo with or without Sammy’s direct help. But it will be so much easier if Sammy dropped the Gear and picked up the tab too – tis his fight more than ours in Kenyana, after all. And we get to buttress our rearmament profile to suit the direction of Kenyana almost for free!! Congress has to be fed some ‘’clear-and-present-danger’’ BS to fast-track dropping the Gear and circumvent normal procedure – just watch them all line up to respond to Minister Haji in coming days.

No slight intended on UPDF-UGABA, but they need to break out of Crazy town ( which ought not be too ambitious at present with Ethiopia up north-west and KDF all over Juba and lower Gedo) before they can bite anymore of this cake, my brother Spartan.

@ Areba - with KDF assets in place, air and sea, we can shut down Kismayo tighter than a gitwamba twilight lady's wares!! But without international convergence, acceptability would be transient at best. Sammy and his cousins are trying to define this theater as a Kenyana problem with only some nuisance value to them - we must keep telling them it is more their problem than ours. So, we get them to buy into ALL OF this operation so that we can share ALL the operational costs and risks of failure. Simply that!

agreed with ON...actually another well placed source intimates that KDF was ready to storm Kismayu ages ago but the politicians and kdf top brass put it on hold citing civiian safety...so they have opted for the navy to continue the naval survaillance/partial blockade...which so far has been effective..since nothing of substance is going into the port city and nothing is leaving.
..the intention was to use heavy amour after the airmen bomb out key targets for five day bombing blitz day and night,then artilary shells to be directed there in sustained firing order for another seven days before tanks and amoured troop carriers move in to finish the job off.
PS
I DONT WANT TO BE QUOTED...but the source whispered to me very seriously those E15 are on the ground. .and also more and more hardware designed to teach anyone a tough lesson..especially the chaps who started this arms race next door.
i have no reason to doubt this source who also mentioned those chaps from next door sitting on migingo ugingo are better off leaving quietly.the message has been sent to their boses.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Spartan Sun Jan 15 2012, 21:41

ole Nkarei wrote:Minister Haji is justifiably and understandably playing real-politiks with this new muscled KDF profile and the serious opportunity now presented to the world to close this Somali question with finality. Israel has done this for decades, and Pakistan been at it for a decade of so. Make no mistake about it - we can do Kismayo with or without Sammy’s direct help.

I don't doubt the ability of KDF to pull off a Kismayo blitz, what I doubt is the spine of your current crop of politicians. Is it the coalition nature of the gov't? May be it's all coz of the elections around the corner

''No slight intended on UPDF-UGABA, but they need to break out of Crazy town ( which ought not be too ambitious at present with Ethiopia up north-west and KDF all over Juba and lower Gedo).....''

UGABAG needs to at least do some minimal troop build up first. The people of Moqadishu have invested a lot of hope in us we can't let the dogs loose on them by breaking out without enough boots to hold fort.

''Sammy and his cousins are trying to define this theater as a Kenyana problem ......So, we get them to buy into ALL OF this operation so that we can share ALL the operational costs and risks of failure. Simply that!''

Brother, you CAN NOT fail. Do not even contemplate it. Allow me to criticise the execution of OLN thus far;

1. When KDF blitzed across the border, AS was thrown into disarray. And KDF failed to take advantage of this disarray despite having the means, men and momentum. The AS, needless to say, are beginning to adapt.

2. A lot of emphasis has been put on minimising the loss of life among KDF, which is not bad. But when it overides the overall motive of the operation, somethin's wrong. ole Nkarei has called me out on this as calling for a bloodbath, but I think not more than 200 KDF would have been lost in a sustained blitz/push for Kismayo(Most armies, UPDF included can take that loss anytime if the reward is worth it).

3. KDF doesn't seem to be so keen on engaging the AS outside the safety of armored troop carriers and jets up in the air. That saves lives, granted, but it means you've not really dominated the ground. That tactic is very useful when you've faced off with a conventional army, not a ragtag guerrilla outfit that has a penchant for using the civilian populace as cover. The best work in war is done by boots on the ground, taking it as well as dishing it out, but mostly the latter.

I am yet to attend senior command courses (much as I've been in a few trenches myself) but what I just wrote can be deciphered by anyone with minimal interest in war issues.

I stand to be corrected.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sun Jan 15 2012, 21:46

ole Nkarei wrote:
kimiti wrote:I think this is a way of the gok trying to get the western world to chip in especially the Americans. It seems logical since they cant go to the morgue after black hawk down and they have all this hardware to dispose off, we need to make them ashamed so that our position is elevated.
It sure takes a kurutu to put you ole timers to pasture! Spartan – Minister Haji is justifiably and understandably playing real-politiks with this new muscled KDF profile and the serious opportunity now presented to the world to close this Somali question with finality. Israel has done this for decades, and Pakistan been at it for a decade of so. Make no mistake about it - we can do Kismayo with or without Sammy’s direct help. But it will be so much easier if Sammy dropped the Gear and picked up the tab too – tis his fight more than ours in Kenyana, after all. And we get to buttress our rearmament profile to suit the direction of Kenyana almost for free!! Congress has to be fed some ‘’clear-and-present-danger’’ BS to fast-track dropping the Gear and circumvent normal procedure – just watch them all line up to respond to Minister Haji in coming days.

No slight intended on UPDF-UGABA, but they need to break out of Crazy town ( which ought not be too ambitious at present with Ethiopia up north-west and KDF all over Juba and lower Gedo) before they can bite anymore of this cake, my brother Spartan.

@ Areba - with KDF assets in place, air and sea, we can shut down Kismayo tighter than a gitwamba twilight lady's wares!! But without international convergence, acceptability would be transient at best. Sammy and his cousins are trying to define this theater as a Kenyana problem with only some nuisance value to them - we must keep telling them it is more their problem than ours. So, we get them to buy into ALL OF this operation so that we can share ALL the operational costs and risks of failure. Simply that!

well said Ole Nkarei..why should Kenya taxes be used to secure an international shipping line? we have proved to them that we can maturely conduct and secure an Operation against the AS . let them send funds now. otherwise if we take Kismayo hand it to the AMISOM forces that will be the end of it ….we wouldn’t get compensated at all!!! until Somali get stables and pays us back.....i totally side with Hon. Haji if fact i praying for a capture of a major ocean going vessel by the AS in order to wake congress up and 10 dowing street.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty KDF kismayu assault on hold because of concerns for the civillians.

Post  countersniper Sun Jan 15 2012, 21:58

Dont forget the brits already want a piece of the action..they will be hosting a major international confrence on this next month.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:26

Let me correct you Might Spartan.
1. I don't doubt the ability of KDF to pull off a Kismayo blitz………..that’s your opinion you are entitled to one.

2. UGABAG needs to at least do some minimal troop build up first…………. They are almost 10,000 AMISOM troops (half the size of the Kenya Army or the UPDF) in a 20 x 20km town http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union_Mission_to_Somalia#Troops
who haven’t gain any head way out of that enclosure in 3 years. its a matter of Competency .The AS are operates 2-5 km form the Main CBD of Mogadishu while on the other hand the KDF operates 4000 troops spread on a 100 x 700 km area in 3 sectors.

3. KDF doesn't seem to be so keen on engaging the AS outside the safety of armored troop carriers and jets up in the air……… ……..that is our strategy man save life. the operation is called Linda Inchi and the 100km buffer does just that. Kismayu is a bonus and a final nails on the coffin.

4. that tactic is very useful when you've faced off with a conventional army, not a ragtag guerrilla outfit that has a penchant for using the civilian populace as cover…………..it actually the other way round. When you don,t know who going ambush you + in a civilians attire you take such defensive action.

Last edited by mJESHI mMOJA on Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:30; edited 1 time in total
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:28

Yeah .. Spartan made some sense there. Kenyan politics is a little different ..prolly a mile higher than say UG. While say UG and M7 in particular .. for instance, would have no problem with body bags arriving back home its a totally diffent ball game for Kenyan politicians. I doubt Yusuf Haji would want to go on public TV and explain how the hell ..say 70 kenyan soilders got wiped out in one day ... not likely to happen but if it did, it would be a major PR disaster. Kismayo will be captured .. regardless .. but at the same time u just don't go all in coz u have a couple Aces .. the next nugger could have a flush on u. U have the trophy by the hook .. use it to ur advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:36

make no mistake and note that once KDF bigins making concrete moves to capture kismayo....alshabab will scatter or melt into the population..
they will not face the kdf muscle once it starts rolling into town.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:38

@ KiB'z don,t for getting the cost of training a KDF member. Its cheaper to replace a gun/equipment than to bring a normal civilian up to the KDF standards. We take care not to loss then that fast…..+200 solider man??? Just for vanity sake of having kismayu??? our objective can be attained with or with out the fall of kisamayu.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 22:56

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@ KiB'z don,t for getting the cost of training a KDF member. Its cheaper to replace a gun/equipment than to bring a normal civilian up to the KDF standards. We take care not to loss then that fast…..+200 solider man??? Just for vanity sake of having kismayu??? our objective can be attained with or with out the fall of kisamayu.

Totally agree with you on that one man .. in terms of human resources we by far spend more than any of our neighbours, from upkeep/training to basic equipment for our soilders. I don't think Kismayo is just for vanity sake tho' .. its of total strategic importance to us and this operation .. basically defines the all operation, we however have all the time on our hands, we are in our hood here .. thats what differenticiate us from the rest of the players in Somalia right now ..we can sit it out for us long as it takes .. they can't. Kismayo is just a bargaining power for us .. we ain't about to ruin the spoils just to appease some.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty cock ups dont come any bigger..as migingo cops miss pay,accomodation etc

Post  countersniper Sun Jan 15 2012, 23:14

You dont send men in such situations without ensuring wellfare and pay.

this situation on migingo cops should be sorted out quickly.
amazing cock up by the ministry concerned and the police boses.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000050084&cid=4&ttl=State%20to%20clear%20Migingo%20police%20officers%27%20rent%20arrears
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 23:54

Take a good look at the Entire length of coastline from Gulf of Aden to Ruvuma River. Vision 2030 subjugates Kismayo as a satellite port to Lamu servicing the corridor to Monrovia.

Like Mjeshi mMoja says eloquently, Spartan, UGABAG doesn’t need a further troop-build-up. I am couple days returned from Crazy Town getting education on the Tactical Situation after ‘’Amisom kicked out AS” out of it. Shocking and worrisome. UGABAG simply mirrors AS in tactics and philosophy. Between them, they lay waste to an entire city, without moving forward an inch at any time – unless by default as recently happened!! Contracting just as quickly as the envelopes expand. Surprised

And that UPDF would sustain the loss of an entire company and half to take (not hold, mind you!! Shocked ) Kismayo and consider this a price worth paying is indeed testimony of the gross divergence of Philosophy between KDF and her brother UPDF. So too the arguments about boots on the ground doing the best work, again clear indication of the sort of philosophy that defines the UPDF and why it remains essentially a guerilla / irregulars outfit to this day. It is why KDF is correctly mortified at the suggestion of a Unified AMISOM Command regardless of whether under the Crane or the Simba pennants. Me, I doubt it will be Unified beyond the diplomatic niceties of it. No

KDF is nominally under Civilian Oversight, as required of any democracy, but not in the Planning / Strategy and Operations facets. ‘’Get-to-lamu-in-two-days-in-the-most-justified-way’’ is how Minister Haji will instruct, how it is done is entirely our purpose. So the concerns of our growing political democracy and the correctness or not of the Coalition Government is overly imaginative.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Jan 16 2012, 09:11

''Denial dulls the pain and rationalisation provides explanations and reasons for why this happened''- Ruvik Rosenthal

Denial -An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings

Rationalisation -A defense mechanism by which your
true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a
way that is not threatening

1. "Kismayu operation on hold because of concerns for civilians"

Hmmm....

2. UPDF has no problem with body bags arriving home unlike Kenyan politicians who care a lot about their soldiers..... 70 soldiers got wiped in one day..

Cite for me a day and battle in which 20 UGABAG got wiped out. Hope no one is thinking of last year's Moqadishu debacle where UPDF lost 2 and our Burundian brothers 57. Guess the whole contingent would have been withdrawn if they were Kenyan. You see, AMISOM is not exactly equal to UGABAG.

3. The cost of training a Kenyan soldier is sooo high compared to other countries around

Yeah, right. Probably higher than the Americans and the British, who, despite having the equipment, get out of the comforts of their Humvees and do the dirty work of soldier to soldier fighting.

4. 9,000 troops in Mogadishu are enough for UGABAG to make cameos southward.AMISOM needs no further boots on the ground

What can I say? There are about 6000 UPDF and 4000 Burundians in Crazy Town. UPDF landed in the middle of a hostile AS and fought its way to where they are now before they were joined by the Burundians. Kismayo is smaller than Mogadisho, all I am saying is that talk is cheap. Show us how it's done.

Seriously guys, this is not going as we had all hoped it would. It might be hard for some to accept, but I am rooting for KDF. And I am feeling a bit shortchanged by how things have turned out.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jan 16 2012, 09:50

Kenya's army, which said Saturday it had advanced within striking
distance of Kismayu, and would make its move when the time was right
Interesting very interesting. seems someone swallowed the haji horror story eh?
ON, seems the Ethiopians are on the move again. could this be the reason why KDF is moving in to Chismayo?
Spartan, dismount and fight you say? well that's what the 40th Ranger Bat is all about. that and two other para battalions. i believe before end of Feb there will be enough action to turn our evening news to Hollywood blockbuster.
Risasi, it's kinda hard to come by the complete documentary. still sniffing though.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Mon Jan 16 2012, 10:57

Someone here once said that K.D.F didnt need to capture any "significant" town Afmadow or Kismayu.why? simply because capturing towns wasnt the main objective of the operation.Quite frankly,if a buffer zone to cushion al shabab from entering Kenya can be established,chasing them further beyond to kismayu or to the gates of hell is irrelevant.The reason is because,somali problem will only be solved by themselves.We have seen the areas curved out of somalia like puntaland enjoy some semblance of normalcy and if cutting up somalia is what gonna bring peace,then i say K.D.F has cut enough share and should leave the rest to the highest bidder who wont mind paying with blood of 200 men the price of a useless kismayo town.
But then again,like the colonel said in the last briefing,al shabab is the enemy and whatever rat hole they hide in,k.d.f guns will smoke them out meaning Kismayu and the rest of places remain the target to be hit not necessarily captured.to me it makes alot of sense.Just because an enemy strikes you from a stupid city the solution is not always capturing that city.two cents.
ON A DIFFERENT NOTE,THE WORD OUT THERE IS THAT LAIKIPIA AIR BASE IS NOW HOME TO SOME NEW AIRCRAFT (JETS) AND MAY ALREADY BEEN THERE.LETS WATCH THIS SPACE.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Jan 16 2012, 11:20

@crane no need to mount a counter offensive against me…..we the Kdf have never procured any ordnance to counter UPDF…it’s a question of which come fast? The chicken or the egg? Buddy….the UPDF Su30MKII was procured when the KDF decide to go for an F-15 deal back in 2007. Many Bloggers can recall my disagreement with Ole Nkarei on the deal at the Nairobi chronicles forum. UPDF is playing the catch up not KDF….

Picture you might never have seens
Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 10060710

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 10060711

Lt. Col. Adrian SpainKenya Defence Force - Page 18 10060712

The deal with the 94th Fighter Squadron (94 FS) which flew the Eagle from 1976–2005, was approached by the then KAF commander Maj. Gen Karangi in Langley AFB Virginia US on the relgated F-15 back in 2006…..next to the CDS is Lt. Col. Adrian Spain, 94th (F-15)Fighter Squadron commander, back then.
Sawa ndugu?

@Jasiri…. Haji is right we need to be compensated ….why should we secure the international water ways with our funds and finally hand over Kismayu to AMISOM. What we have achieved is enough to safe guard our country “Linda inchi”. If they want more the international community has to subsidize on it. Our weapons are tagged in USD, I have always cried out. Why should we donate medication , relieve food and dig bore well, for our neighbor while we have famine stricken areas in our country? Let them paly for it bwana.
About the speed and angel my wing kid say you can’t get it as a complete Doc. In you tube. So go with it part by part….
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o34Kq8eE740
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty UN says kdf accusation of ERITREA arms delivery to alshabab hogwash.doubtfull.

Post  countersniper Mon Jan 16 2012, 14:03

Now the UN casts doubts on the Eritrea arms delivery to alshabab story pushed by the tweeting KDF major CHIRCHIR and swallowed by wetangula kenyas foreign minister..who pushed Eritrea to the wall AT UN..
is kdf now loosing the diplomatic war?
i think kdf should have shot those planes down or forced them down to capture the pilots to tell us who was delivering those arms to the alshabab thugs

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/UN+doubts+claims+Eritrea+supplied+weapons+to+Shabaab/-/1066/1307946/-/hju797z/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Jan 16 2012, 14:43

This might not be far fetched afterall, but i doubt it being a response to Uganda's SU-30MK2s:-

http://intelligencebriefs.com/?p=1451
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Mon Jan 16 2012, 15:16

I get the sneaking suspicion int'l bloggers are using our submissions for their own writeups.
This piece confirms what I've suspected for a while now. He's correct about the BUK system but totally wrong in his assesment about the threat-I wonder who here could have given him that impression? Ohh well,no harm no foul!

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Jan 16 2012, 15:47

Olekoima wrote:This might not be far fetched afterall, but i doubt it being a response to Uganda's SU-30MK2s:-

Did we not agree, within these pages, that SIN is not very reliable? This forum and others are his main source of info. @ Mwaura, the website is run out of Nairobi, it's not foreign. Anyways, I certainly agree that it wouldn't be a response to the SU-30s. Because the specs of the SA-11 GADFLY compare pale when placed alongside those of the most basic SU-30. See this;

Engagement Range: SA-11 GADFLY SU-30
35km Up to 300km
Ceiling: 20,000km 30,000km

The SU-30MK2 would take out a SA-11 GADFLY system from 100km away effortlessly. The georgians used a variant of the system that they had bought from Ukraine. It took down four Russian planes, including Sukhois but SU-25s. All the SU-30s returned home safely. Interestingly, it is an older version of the same system that took down a B2 Stealth Bomber in Serbia in 1999. The fellow who shot it down, now a bakery shop owner in a small village was called Col. Zoltan Dani. When asked how he had shot down a stealth plane, i remember him answering at the time he had not received the circular that the plane was stealth. Lol..

Last edited by Spartan on Mon Jan 16 2012, 15:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Innacurate grammar)
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Jan 16 2012, 16:49

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:This might not be far fetched afterall, but i doubt it being a response to Uganda's SU-30MK2s:-

Did we not agree, within these pages, that SIN is not very reliable? This forum and others are his main source of info. @ Mwaura, the website is run out of Nairobi, it's not foreign. Anyways, I certainly agree that it wouldn't be a response to the SU-30s. Because the specs of the SA-11 GADFLY compare pale when placed alongside those of the most basic SU-30. See this;

35km Up to 300km

The SU-30MK2 would take out a SA-11 GADFLY system from 100km away effortlessly. The georgians used a variant of the system that they had bought from Ukraine. It took down four Russian planes, including Sukhois but SU-25s. All the SU-30s returned home safely. Interestingly, it is an older version of the same system that took down a B2 Stealth Bomber in Serbia in 1999. The fellow who shot it down, now a bakery shop owner in a small village was called Col. Zoltan Dani. When asked how he had shot down a stealth plane, i remember him answering at the time he had not received the circular that the plane was stealth. Lol..

Indeed we did, but what i meant in my post above is that some of the aspects in the SIN reports are accurate to some extent. It could be that SIN is actually quoting sources in this blog some of which do extensive and in most cases authentic research.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Jan 16 2012, 19:06

I think TON said something to that effect a while ago, that Eritrea isn't behind this but is being used to acheive a certain objective. lemme browse thro see if i can locate the exact comment.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty Speed and Angels

Post  kimiti Mon Jan 16 2012, 19:59

About the speed and angel my wing kid say you can’t get it as a complete Doc. In you tube. So go with it part by part….
[/quote]

you can get the whole thing from kat.ph that is where I got my copy. download also is fast.
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 01:26

Olekoima wrote:

Often planting juicy morsels of Intelligence through chaps like Goldman sometimes drives Policy by giving informal signals about a desired results according to ‘’particular’’ circles.

I am not saying he has truth, but he definitely has an inside track into these secretive matters of Defense procurement. Lets take him like the African snuff-tobacco Rolling Eyes , a slow pinch at a time......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 07:29

Spartan wrote:
Because the specs of the SA-11 GADFLY compare pale when placed alongside those of the most basic SU-30. See this;

35km Up to 300km

.... Interestingly, it is an older version of the same system that took down a B2 Stealth Bomber in Serbia in 1999.

Mkubwa those service ceilings are very strange (20,000km ... 30,000km).
Are the SU-30 & SA-11 to do battle in space? The most advanced SU evar!!

And was it a B2 or a Night Hawk(F-117) that was downed?

In other news, you fellas seem to be handling your SU's like pros.
Checkout :- youtube.com/watch?v=9DFVArDEBh0
I like his explanation starting 1:00... "It was a crash landing simulation" lol

But baaah....Who needs landing gear anyway? Landing Gear is for pussies!!!! Very Happy

Last edited by fusebox on Tue Jan 17 2012, 07:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Toleo la pili)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Tue Jan 17 2012, 08:09

@ Fusebox

Precisely it was F-117(Night Hawk) which was taken off! The loss of that pricey bird with all stealth hardware was not as expensive as the debris which were quickly picked by peasants. Hawk eyed Chinese chaps quickly bought some of the debris as sammy guys were still yawning. And now the xeroxing and innovative skills at unknown bunkers in Beijing is yielding the J Series stealth of their own. Sasa,the story here at sammy is the F35 gotta be upgraded before even mass production, to out-gun the stolen(by accident) technology.

Btw,more of this drama will be in few months when China finally launches their 1st aircraft career with these J eagles onboard.

eeeehh...that UPDF boss is another humor in uniform:lol:

Last edited by Ole Sidai on Tue Jan 17 2012, 08:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more information)
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty SU 30 NOT A SPACE WEAPON

Post  countersniper Tue Jan 17 2012, 08:24

spartan is a joke
....SU 30 IS NOT SPACE WEAPON...20.000km to 30,000 km? service ceilling?
the pilot will have to be an astronaut.
this plane cannot operate beyond 20 kilometres above mother earth.
infact serivice ceilling for the SU 30MK2 is just above 17000 metres which is severnteen kilometres.
The F15 eagle tops at 18200 metres..ie 18 kms
if indeed the ugandan ones can go to 20 thousand kilometres...then they cannnot make it back to entebe.
the heat of re entry will scatter the poor thing into a zillion pieces
spartan get real man with my due respect..check your facts again and come back. Very Happy
remember most commercial passenger jets operate at around 9 to ten 12 kilometres above earth...when flying normal flights.
the most extreme for fighter jets is around 25 to 30 kilometres ..which is very rare...and only archived by the spy plane the SR 71 which was striving to avoid being shot down by soviet missiles in them cold war days...

Last edited by countersniper on Tue Jan 17 2012, 09:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing errors using my phone keys)
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 08:54

countersniper wrote:spartan is a joke
....SU 30 IS NOT SPACE WEAPON...20.000km to 30,000 km? service seilling?..

Innocent enough mistake, I dare say! Spartan is quite switched on with military matters, and I cannot imagine he could have made this intentionally - the feet and Kilometers. Cut him some slack, guys.

But, lol, that chap does labour on youtube for sure!! Read this - ''thisi wasi a simurationi exasaisi. simurationi means that you imajini yu a duingi a crashu randingi exasaisi.........a simurata portraysi orimosti rearismu in training..'' Very Happy Bless me, Lord!!

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Jan 17 2012, 09:18

ole Nkarei wrote:

Innocent enough mistake, I dare say! Spartan is quite switched on with military matters, and I cannot imagine he could have made this intentionally - the feet and Kilometers. Cut him some slack, guys.

But, lol, that chap does labour on youtube for sure!! Read this - ''thisi wasi a simurationi exasaisi. simurationi means that you imajini yu a duingi a crashu randingi exasaisi.........a simurata portraysi orimosti rearismu in training..'' Very Happy Bless me, Lord!!

point taken mdosi SIR
sometimes it is good to bring a guy down to earth plus humor helps....to release steam..
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Jan 17 2012, 09:55

..SPARTAN is a good analyst and i like him for that unlike some oh his other friends here who always chest thumping
anyway
most soviet era designed high performance fighter jets are very robust indeed.
they were primarily made to be long range high speed intercepters because of the then vast size of the soviet empire.
starting from the foxbat ie mig 25 up to the indevelopement mig 35 and 37..these machines could reach phenomenal speeds and sometimes fly their engines to destruction at beyond mach 3.5
the foxbat was primarily made to intercept and chase the american S R71 spy plane..which americans employed to overfly soviet union at high altitude,high speed while taking very high resolution pictures of the soviet terrain below
..but these missions were stopped once the soviets managed to shoot down an american U 2 spy plane ..hence the developement of satelight based spying technology.
as you can see the combat range of these soviet era fighters ranges from 2000 to 3900 km.
employing that to east africa means one plane can strike all the three capitals in one sortie flying in a circle easily.
very phenomenal indeed.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 18 Empty STAR WARS VII

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 10:38

ole Nkarei wrote:

I'm not altogether sure, Tom. Could be a revival of the Ugandan Space Programme from the 1970s when Amin thought of sending a bona fide Ugandan spaceship to the Sun. At night, no less, to prevent it from burning up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next