THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty Interesting read.

Post  Al Bashir Tue Nov 29 2011, 04:57

Something I stumbled upon. It seems there has always been too much suspicion amongst the east african countries. Ethiopia and the US think that there are some within the KDF brass that have been compromised by A.S.(circa 2007). Ole nkarei once mentioned that the greatest threat to operation linda nchi are the conflicting interests of Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda in Somalia. Also it seems like our beef with Eritrea goes way back.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/11/army-tense-ties-plagued-africa-ops-112811w/
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty Silly question

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 05:15

Are there Kenyan troops in Somalia??
Are they still stuck in the mud 4 kms from Afmadow?
What is happening?? This is unreal??
As one commentetor said...While KDF is busy sending threats over twitter, the Ethiopians are promising to hand deliver it to al shabaab.

Please KDF, rock and roll!! We are getting fed up with words..we want action.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 05:26

Admin wrote:@ole Nkarei & risasi The polls have a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it soliders the two of you are the brain child of this website

@admin - my concern, and that of Risasi, I am certain, is the OpSec for Linda Inchi if we stay out of such a topic that is highly susceptible to infiltration by ''negative forces''. My chaps are in-and-out of Theatre for extensive durations on very high risk tasking, at eyeball proximity to these ''negative forces''. If you start blogging about our Ops, definitively I want in. If only to have a proper go at it too. Of course, I would much rather it remained as-is. But......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 05:52

Al Bashir wrote:Something I stumbled upon. It seems there has always been too much suspicion amongst the east african countries. Ethiopia and the US think that there are some within the KDF brass that have been compromised by A.S.(circa 2007). Ole nkarei once mentioned that the greatest threat to operation linda nchi are the conflicting interests of Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda in Somalia. Also it seems like our beef with Eritrea goes way back.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/11/army-tense-ties-plagued-africa-ops-112811w/

@bwanapesa - this is not Nipate or Mashada. Pls keep the peace here, brother!!

@Al Bashir - take a close look at the IGAD Map, and try to envisage developments going forth 30 years. Now, politico-military developments rotate around a few economic centres. Specifically concerning the conflicting Interests of TCC in Somalia, it is simply the Port of Kismayo - with the deepest berth on the Indian Ocean and the better swell-stability (Waves oscillations) than Lamu. Kismayo makes Lamu obsolete before Lamu even begins construction - see the possibilities of extension from Kismayo to Ethiopia, to GoSS, Djibouti, Northern Kenya, hell even on to Uganda!

So, the gawky bride is Kismayo, and everyone wants her.

Kenya, to bring it into our Vision 2030-thing around Lamu Hub -Northern Corridors / economic-social expansions thereof, without which it will be near impossible to keep the NFD integrated into Kenya for much long. To counter-balance the expected rush of Western Nations into a peaceful somalia and develop a regional hegemony of-sorts into the next 30 years.

The Americans because Kismayo is a perfect Continental staging alternative to Diego Garcia - remember the Soviets in Kismayo in the Seventies and American responses to that? Somalia has the largest off-shore oil deposits and huge land-based oil fields second only to those of the Antarctic Sub-continent that some Western Economies have factually pegged their national futures on - Denmark, France, Sweden, to start with.

The Ethiopians are not just worried about the Ogadeni Clan extending influence beyond Azania into the Ogaden region of Ethiopia, but more importantly Ogadeni Clan's imminent control of Kismayo through the creation of Azania, and the Ethiopian Loss of it.

The Ugandans - simply as an extension of our love-hate relationship with Kenya, an alternative to Mombasa. Uganda seeks a pliant peacetime Somalia as a strategic seaboard partner into the future.

As concerns that story in the Navy News clip - JSOC had a limited resource base, which indeed caused a whole lot of jealous-based reactions in this region. Because of bigotry and narrow-mindedness, the Americans also tried to play us all against one another - hence the Ethiopian Egress in Somalia suffered from clear regional disjointed and fractious interplays much the fault of JSOC. One hopes they have learnt some lessons from their earlier arrogant and shortsighted engagement. Not much hope as I cas see it, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Tue Nov 29 2011, 08:15

The daily nation 29/11/2001 contains an article written by Maj(Rtd) Imaana Laibuta.. i think the major has presented a challenge esp to the PM who went and sought support from the Israeli's and made it public..I believe that the PM needs to stay off OLN coz he's just complicating things.. im not trying to bring in politics into this forum but someone needs to tell him to lay off and let the CIC + the KDF handle the issue coz his political ambition can jeopardize our forces...
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Tue Nov 29 2011, 15:18

ole Nkarei wrote:
Al Bashir wrote:Something I stumbled upon. It seems there has always been too much suspicion amongst the east african countries. Ethiopia and the US think that there are some within the KDF brass that have been compromised by A.S.(circa 2007). Ole nkarei once mentioned that the greatest threat to operation linda nchi are the conflicting interests of Kenya, Ethiopia and Uganda in Somalia. Also it seems like our beef with Eritrea goes way back.

@bwanapesa - this is not Nipate or Mashada. Pls keep the peace here, brother!!

@Al Bashir - take a close look at the IGAD Map, and try to envisage developments going forth 30 years. Now, politico-military developments rotate around a few economic centres. Specifically concerning the conflicting Interests of TCC in Somalia, it is simply the Port of Kismayo - with the deepest berth on the Indian Ocean and the better swell-stability (Waves oscillations) than Lamu. Kismayo makes Lamu obsolete before Lamu even begins construction - see the possibilities of extension from Kismayo to Ethiopia, to GoSS, Djibouti, Northern Kenya, hell even on to Uganda!

So, the gawky bride is Kismayo, and everyone wants her.

Kenya, to bring it into our Vision 2030-thing around Lamu Hub -Northern Corridors / economic-social expansions thereof, without which it will be near impossible to keep the NFD integrated into Kenya for much long. To counter-balance the expected rush of Western Nations into a peaceful somalia and develop a regional hegemony of-sorts into the next 30 years.

The Americans because Kismayo is a perfect Continental staging alternative to Diego Garcia - remember the Soviets in Kismayo in the Seventies and American responses to that? Somalia has the largest off-shore oil deposits and huge land-based oil fields second only to those of the Antarctic Sub-continent that some Western Economies have factually pegged their national futures on - Denmark, France, Sweden, to start with.

The Ethiopians are not just worried about the Ogadeni Clan extending influence beyond Azania into the Ogaden region of Ethiopia, but more importantly Ogadeni Clan's imminent control of Kismayo through the creation of Azania, and the Ethiopian Loss of it.

The Ugandans - simply as an extension of our love-hate relationship with Kenya, an alternative to Mombasa. Uganda seeks a pliant peacetime Somalia as a strategic seaboard partner into the future.

As concerns that story in the Navy News clip - JSOC had a limited resource base, which indeed caused a whole lot of jealous-based reactions in this region. Because of bigotry and narrow-mindedness, the Americans also tried to play us all against one another - hence the Ethiopian Egress in Somalia suffered from clear regional disjointed and fractious interplays much the fault of JSOC. One hopes they have learnt some lessons from their earlier arrogant and shortsighted engagement. Not much hope as I cas see it, though.
As usual,you see through the bs! All the 'experts' claim its to safeguard the tour industry! You know,sometimes I think its better to leave them with their illusions. Your analysis also explains why everybody and his uncle rates the KDF incursion somewhere between the effectiveness of a stampede of unruly schoolboys and a boy scout camping expedition-all the regional players simply want to look good for Uncle Sam,which given their domestic lack of legitimacy is all too easily understood.
I was reading about the Rhodesian counter insurgency experience-many still rate them the best. One of their most effective units was the Greys Scouts,a mounted unit,formed after the success of such units in neighbouring Angola.
Grupo de Cavalaria Nº1 (1st Cavalry Group): a mounted cavalry unit, armed with the 7,62 mm Espingarda m/961 rifle and the m/961 Walther P-38 pistol, tasked with reconnaissance and patrolling. The 1st was also known as the "Angolan Dragoons" (Dragões de Angola). The Rhodesians would also later develop the concept of horse-mounted counter-insurgency forces, forming the Grey's Scouts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Colonial_War
When mounted, fatigue is less of an issue. The trooper has the advantage of height that makes area sweeps more effective. I specifically recall, (sorry ,no link!) a Portuguese officer saying a mounted unit can sweep an area in 50% less time than a purely infantry unit.
Jubbaland's low topography,savanna and semi desert would seem to recommend such a unit. I do know the ASTU were in the 70s and early 80s largely mounted,and that there was a special Kenya Police camel unit used for anti shifta operations in the late 60s.
Is something similar on the cards for Azania/Jubbaland?

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Tue Nov 29 2011, 16:28

Mmmmmh the Kenya Kids have finally woken up from the big slumber.
Sudan
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kenya+court+issues+warrant+against+Sudan+s+Bashir/-/1056/1280706/-/5gr1li/-/index.html
Eritrea
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Kenya+reports+Eritrea+to+UN+sanctions+team/-/1066/1280370/-/rpek1tz/-/index.html

Any thing for us, boys? Migingo?? ain't You guys are bitting more than you can actually chew???
@admin the operation doesn’t concern me I there don,t care which way it goes.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Nov 29 2011, 18:35

Hi guys,

Good to be back. Thank you all for keeping this site alive.

@Flying Crane, I think it is a real blunder for the judge to have issued this warrant at this time. I wonder why it was even necessary to do so especially when the government still thinks otherwise in line with AU's position.

@Admin, Like Ole Nkarei and Risasi, i prefer we leave things as they are for now. Operation Linda nchi is a Kenyan affair which might not receive much attention from non Kenyans until atleast after its conclusion. This is when we can then all analyze it and draw parallels with other similar operations elsewhere.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 20:30

MWAURA wrote:
I was reading about the Rhodesian counter insurgency experience-many still rate them the best. One of their most effective units was the Greys Scouts,a mounted unit,formed after the success of such units in neighbouring Angola.
Jubbaland's low topography,savanna and semi desert would seem to recommend such a unit. I do know the ASTU were in the 70s and early 80s largely mounted,and that there was a special Kenya Police camel unit used for anti shifta operations in the late 60s.
Is something similar on the cards for Azania/Jubbaland?

Using Horses and Camels in War situation needs a definite ‘’culturalisation’’ of their users – too much personalized care of this specialized equipment, near-impossible without very ‘‘latent’’ understanding. Few Kenyans can related intimately with these animals under stealth and fire-fight conditions.

But we are rushing to develop the five-man light-weight all-terrain buggy-type from some local prototypes. Several chassis-types, similar configurations. Wouldn’t be anywhere like the V-8, 5L version of the Americans SF, but similar concept and almost just as lethal in mobility, firepower, and other SF applications. Exciting times, these…

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Wed Nov 30 2011, 00:17

Flying Crane wrote:Mmmmmh the Kenya Kids have finally woken up from the big slumber.
Sudan

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kenya+court+issues+warrant+against+Sudan+s+Bashir/-/1056/1280706/-/5gr1li/-/index.html
Eritrea
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Kenya+reports+Eritrea+to+UN+sanctions+team/-/1066/1280370/-/rpek1tz/-/index.html

Any thing for us, boys? Migingo?? ain't You guys are bitting more than you can actually chew???

Ad hominem, I guess It makes one more assertive especially after purchasing 6 Sukhois than came with russian pilots (Buy a Su-30MK2 get a Russian pilot free).

A foreign policy is shaping up and I think this will be a big issue in future elections and a step towards issue based politics. It is an exciting period for Kenya while others are still at the altars of their presidents whose policies of 'ball swinging' determines their country's knee jerk reaction to everything.

An Independent Judiciary is a foreign concept for our neighbours as they are either still under the yolk of dictatorship or one party rule therefore the High Court ruling, the closest thing to democracy in action that you will find in our region is baffling for them. As Museveni is still being worshipped in Uganda and his golden throne buffed at his palace let us bask in our new constitution in action. It is not perfect but we are on the right track.

This is the time to draw a line in the sand and work closely with those that share our ideals and keep the rest at arms length with a watchful eye but willingness to talk. The ruling by the court is therefore a wise move and the decision by the government to appeal the ruling is a rare display of three 3 INDEPENDENT arms of government at work and impressive to say the least.

There is a reason titles such as generals or military planners are bestowed upon the top brass in the KDF. We have enjoyed peace and stability for a long time and 2007 notwithstanding we are still the most stable in the region and I believe the reason our Navy is not duking it out with the Airforce to capture statehouse is because the aforementioned experts are a bit competent to say the least. We are encouraged to be critical of the operation and ask question about it's course but demanding their detailed battle plans or an action movie-like swoop over Somalia thanks to our peaking testosterone levels and branding them failures when neither is satisfied is a tad bit loony.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 06:44

mekatilili wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:Mmmmmh the Kenya Kids have finally woken up from the big slumber.
Sudan

Eritrea

Ad hominem, I guess It makes one more assertive especially after purchasing 6 Sukhois than came with russian pilots (Buy a Su-30MK2 get a Russian pilot free).

A foreign policy is shaping up and I think this will be a big issue in future elections and a step towards issue based politics. It is an exciting period for Kenya while others are still at the altars of their presidents whose policies of 'ball swinging' determines their country's knee jerk reaction to everything.

An Independent Judiciary is a foreign concept for our neighbours as they are either still under the yolk of dictatorship or one party rule therefore the High Court ruling, the closest thing to democracy in action that you will find in our region is baffling for them. As Museveni is still being worshipped in Uganda and his golden throne buffed at his palace let us bask in our new constitution in action. It is not perfect but we are on the right track.

This is the time to draw a line in the sand and work closely with those that share our ideals and keep the rest at arms length with a watchful eye but willingness to talk. The ruling by the court is therefore a wise move and the decision by the government to appeal the ruling is a rare display of three 3 INDEPENDENT arms of government at work and impressive to say the least.

There is a reason titles such as generals or military planners are bestowed upon the top brass in the KDF. We have enjoyed peace and stability for a long time and 2007 notwithstanding we are still the most stable in the region and I believe the reason our Navy is not duking it out with the Airforce to capture statehouse is because the aforementioned experts are a bit competent to say the least. We are encouraged to be critical of the operation and ask question about it's course but demanding their detailed battle plans or an action movie-like swoop over Somalia thanks to our peaking testosterone levels and branding them failures when neither is satisfied is a tad bit loony.

Right on Target. Absolutely spot-on. while some decry the screams of a hungry child as an evolutionary throwback, the right-minded ones see the lanky boy emerging, and the man in the not distant future. I dare say responding to the likes of Flying Crane just splutters us all with the dung he brings forth each time he offers his two bits. From a military stand-point, it should be clear that the evolution of a Nation's Body-Politics reflects the general state of the evolution of it's citizenry, which permeates all other spheres of National endeavor including the Military. So that the comparison of effectiveness of action and strategy between KDF/ I Brigade (2months in Somalia) and UPDF (3 years / I Division in Mogadisho 20KmX20Km) should register the same disparity as in our difference in Body-Politics. Leave him be, Vitruvian ( you can run, but...!!)

Now take a look at these 8 stories carried on only one newspapaper and ON THE FRONT PAGE OF IT!! What the hell is happening in Kampala?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281782/-/bg9afkz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281710/-/bg9altz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281778/-/bg9agaz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281786/-/bg9afgz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281164/-/bg9f71z/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281312/-/bg9dqlz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281158/-/bg9f7sz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281698/-/bg9b6yz/-/index.html

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Wed Nov 30 2011, 07:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 30 2011, 06:46

@ flying crane and Olekoima. The polls has a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it out guys.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Nov 30 2011, 07:47

Admin wrote:@ flying crane and Olekoima. The polls has a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it out guys.

Pupils? Are we that new in this blog or do we contribute trash? This is in bad taste. I' am offended.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 08:44

Olekoima wrote:
Admin wrote:@ flying crane and Olekoima. The polls has a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it out guys.

Pupils? Are we that new in this blog or do we contribute trash? This is in bad taste. I' am offended.

Take is easy, olekoima. I think it was a mispelling, innocent enough. See how he invited Risasi and my vote, from which he copied and pasted your invitation. No offense intended, I think, bro.

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

@ole Nkarei & risasi The polls have a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it soliders the two of you are........

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Nov 30 2011, 09:34

ole Nkarei wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

Take is easy, olekoima. I think it was a mispelling, innocent enough. See how he invited Risasi and my vote, from which he copied and pasted your invitation. No offense intended, I think, bro.

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

@ole Nkarei & risasi The polls have a special slot for pupils like you “.I am not sure let others decide” so cast it soliders the two of you are........

Okay then. I accept.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 30 2011, 10:37

I apologize friends if my message come out the wrongly. My English isn,t that polished like yours and I try to keep out of your debates as much as possible . I just need those vote which every way they will come I will be satisfied. I am trying to make this blog a success with a two way communication, so please guys I need those votes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eastafrican.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 11:40

Yes, well, I was tempted to respond to our ill-informed brother Crane but, as I have found in my endeavours to hold the fort at Nipate, such responses merely lend legitimacy to the rot being posted by unreceptive minds, whose intention is not to partake in constructive and engaging debate but to advance a preordained (and conventionally political) agenda. 
I am sure, though, that you meant Mekatilili and not Vitruvian, Tom.

ole Nkarei wrote:
Right on Target. Absolutely spot-on. while some decry the screams of a hungry child as an evolutionary throwback, the right-minded ones see the lanky boy emerging, and the man in the not distant future. I dare say responding to the likes of Flying Crane just splutters us all with the dung he brings forth each time he offers his two bits. From a military stand-point, it should be clear that the evolution of a Nation's Body-Politics reflects the general state of the evolution of it's citizenry, which permeates all other spheres of National endeavor including the Military. So that the comparison of effectiveness of action and strategy between KDF/ I Brigade (2months in Somalia) and UPDF (3 years / I Division in Mogadisho 20KmX20Km) should register the same disparity as in our difference in Body-Politics. Leave him be, Vitruvian ( you can run, but...!!)

Now take a look at these 8 stories carried on only one newspapaper and ON THE FRONT PAGE OF IT!! What the hell is happening in Kampala?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281782/-/bg9afkz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281710/-/bg9altz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281778/-/bg9agaz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281786/-/bg9afgz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281164/-/bg9f71z/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281312/-/bg9dqlz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281158/-/bg9f7sz/-/index.html
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1281698/-/bg9b6yz/-/index.html

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty TFG forces threaten to stop fighting due to nonepayment of wages.

Post  countersniper Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:20

Just come across this news bit on the net
could it be sabatoge by the somali government in mogadishu to slow down the KDF advance in somalia by demoralising the forces..?
what will stop these demoralised armed men from joining the well funded enemy ALSHABAB if they are not paid for what they are doing to help KDF and the somali people?
in any case are our KDF men being properly looked after.?is there any special allowance for being on the frontline?

http://www.somaliareport.com/index.php/post/2151/Soldiers_in_Field_Remain_Unpaid
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Wed Nov 30 2011, 14:57

Olekoima wrote:Hi guys,

Good to be back. Thank you all for keeping this site alive.

@Flying Crane, I think it is a real blunder for the judge to have issued this warrant at this time. I wonder why it was even necessary to do so especially when the government still thinks otherwise in line with AU's position.

@Admin, Like Ole Nkarei and Risasi, i prefer we leave things as they are for now. Operation Linda nchi is a Kenyan affair which might not receive much attention from non Kenyans until at least after its conclusion. This is when we can then all analyze it and draw parallels with other similar operations elsewhere.

Actually, as you have said this is the wrong timing for such a warrant. Kenya here is trying to cover its "buttocks". But still either way, this is the new formed kenyan judiciary under the new constitution is trying to flex its muscles along side the dominant executive. I really do not know who is fooling who and who is pulling the strings. There seems to be sharp tussle of ideas and divided opinion between the Ministry of foreign affairs and the Ministry for justice and constitutional affairs. Kenyan Politics is a curse to even the wider African society.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty arrest warrant for albashir

Post  Sayaret matkal Wed Nov 30 2011, 20:17

let me jump in like boot from 20th para.newbie here but in no way new to the issues discussed in this forum.this being due to my long standing status as a shadow member.the arrest warrant issued for albashir by one justice wickliffe ombija has become an issue of grave concern to me and thus compelled me to join this forum. why not nipate or other havens for mudslingers is obvious to everyone here.

i am worried about khartoum and how it might respond to this.they have already kicked out our ambassador and recalled their own. could they decide to arm alshabaab or offer other for of support like inelligence in retalliation? somebody please help me see a brighter outcome of all this because from where i stand,its rather bleak.
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 01:40

[quote="Vitruvian"]

I am sure, though, that you meant Mekatilili and not Vitruvian,..

I meant just so, Vitruvian. One-and-the-same or complete identical twins. Man thinks and constructs thoughts just like... Unmistakable, undeniably, and I am schooled in that sort of thing, you know!!

@Counter-sniper - there ain't an iota of truth in such porojos, about KDF mimicking the TFG irregulars, of all things, about salaries. Be wary of such stories, war is fought on all fronts including this one. Moreover, KDF is not fighting alongside these irregulars - sometimes joint strategy and planning but entirely different commands and formations. Tis Libya all over again. But the Irregulars know dang well they are a hell of a lot better off with TFG than with AS - the tide turned when KDF jumped off into Juba. If dey go turn, and dey no go turn, we go beat 'um gud.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 03:30

You are mistaken this time. I have a single handle here. Will the real Mekatilili please stand up.

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:

I meant just so, Vitruvian. One-and-the-same or complete identical twins. Man thinks and constructs thoughts just like... Unmistakable, undeniably, and I am schooled in that sort of thing, you know!!

Last edited by Vitruvian on Thu Dec 01 2011, 03:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 03:52

Have gone through the posts. Yes, I see what you see. There is some similarity but I will not take credit for the fine work of others.

Vitruvian wrote:You are mistaken this time. I have a single handle here. Will the real Mekatilili please stand up.

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Thu Dec 01 2011, 04:18

Vitruvian wrote:You are mistaken this time. I have a single handle here. Will the real Mekatilili please stand up.

ole Nkarei wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:

I have a twin? The admin can easily tell all, I am calling the servers from Kansas City. Flattered though.
mekatilili
mekatilili

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Dec 01 2011, 08:19

Askari wamiavuli!!! (20 Para sayaret) hii ni mambo gain? Very Happy you ought to be charged for being a shadow member of The East African Blog. Ama sivyo Nkarei? Wewe was trained to be a front line Hog or a support Kid in a front line. What are you doing in the shadows??? And How dare you take the back sit in this forum. Welcome Para, jumping and survival training form part of my co-career.

This blog will never fail to amuse me .. the Admin ankarangwa with Olekoima?? Civilian life is bitter sweetness. And Bwanapesa sending war drums songs .. Laughing Vitruvian finally found his long lost sibling
Will the real Mekatilili please stand up.

I think it’s the month end ….all this is pretty normal at this time ama?

@ MWAURA fascinated by the Rhodesian ops and the K-Car? read about the loose tongue Green leader…..KAF boys are worse then him Rhodesian ops was a hunt and kill ops of Vietnam era wars ..KDF is doing what The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) is doing in Afghanistan, single handily. Our ops go beyond hunt and kill. That mandate ops ended with the killing of this man, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2733367/posts What a Face
we have moved to a dominance and occupation role. This calls for disembark form those APC and airborne craft to patrol the streets as a sign of dominance and psychological war - win.
bwanapeas vita si bunduki na risasi pekeake , ni ujuzi na akili pia. Google about the anaconda strategy Squeeze and keep squeezing by General Petraeus and get where we at in the war.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1998842/posts
that is where we at folks.

Lastly don,t take it wrong when I don,t comment in siasa. I am not very good at it. Question I admit I learn a lot with your political postings. so continue guys namimi nijifunze kwenu kama nyinyi mnavyo jifunza kangu. Kwa ufupi tufundishane.

Anyway “ Friends” as the Admin puts it lets vote. I send my vote to the Let the pupil decide slot. A sign of respect for the admins dedication and time. Fellow bolgger join in and let the admin have a peaceful night.............kazi iendele....
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Dec 01 2011, 09:25

Sayaret matkal wrote:let me jump in like boot from 20th para.newbie here but in no way new to the issues discussed in this forum.this being due to my long standing status as a shadow member.the arrest warrant issued for albashir by one justice wickliffe ombija has become an issue of grave concern to me and thus compelled me to join this forum. why not nipate or other havens for mudslingers is obvious to everyone here.

i am worried about khartoum and how it might respond to this.they have already kicked out our ambassador and recalled their own. could they decide to arm alshabaab or offer other for of support like inelligence in retalliation? somebody please help me see a brighter outcome of all this because from where i stand,its rather bleak.

The foreign ministry in KHT had downplayed the effects of that ruling to bilateral relations between the two countries. This was however overtaken by pronouncements from the NIF presidency an overreaction of course. But such is inherrent of despotic regimes anywhere. To think that they would jeopardise the KDF ops against A.S would be quite an overstatement though that cannot be ruled out. They have done it before in Northern UG with Joseph Kony's LRA. However, the current SITU does not enable them to carry out such ops. They no longer have the cash bedrock financed from sale of oil and are also wary that the arab spring will catch up with them. They are also busy putting down rebellions in the East, south and west of the country. On the diplomatic front GOK is engaging them and will be sending a special envoy to KHT in the coming weeks, remember we need them than they need us and are good customers for our Tea.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Dec 01 2011, 09:43

This was expected!

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000047590&cid=4&ttl=Wetangula%20in%20Khartoum%20to%20calm%20Bashir
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Thu Dec 01 2011, 10:47

Sierra Kilo wrote:This was expected!

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000047590&cid=4&ttl=Wetangula%20in%20Khartoum%20to%20calm%20Bashir

There is an ongoing ideological struggle between the status quo and the new world. We are headed by a premium member of the african strong men club bewildered by the transformation in Kenya. We say hakuna lisilobudi. The tide is high and the old system is crumbling. In the long range, we will all agree Kenya is more important than our tea.

I love this site and in 5 days I will be visiting Kenya baada ya miaka 6 ughaibuni.
mekatilili
mekatilili

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Dec 01 2011, 20:30

@Mekatilili welcome back to motherland! unless you have been out you wouldn't realise how .ke is a nice place to live in. Tea is the largest source of Forex earnings of all the export commodities remember we are the worlds largest producer. Being as such we need to to ensure that we protect our markets and it happens that the short guy in the north is one of our big customers. They need to be handled sensitively as they are so as not to cause ripples to that income source through which the tax collected is financing OLN.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 4 Empty No news, is good news?

Post  Al Bashir Thu Dec 01 2011, 20:47

There seems to be an information drought on OLN. No news sometimes means bad news. No even the propaganda sites have anything to report. Does this mean we are at a standstill? col Oguna too has gone silent.

In other news: Previously I warned that the KDF might shoot themselves in the foot if they alienated the public. That was after a group of KDF soldiers allegedly assaulted Red cross volunteer at Kakuma. Now the NFD Mp's are starting to raise concern after a similar incident in Mandera. Can anyone, especially those in uniform explain the logic of this behavior.
KDF needs public support for OLN to be a success. For a community that has always been wary of and has bitter memories of "security operations" in their area, such incidents or serve to confirm their suspicions that the govt does no server their interests.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/51138-mps-warn-kdf-over-mandera-harassment
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next