THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  edmuiru Fri Sep 28 2012, 09:32

Another dimension to OLN: Amphibious assult: OPERATION SLEDGE HAMMER- FORCES BEACH LAND OLD AIRPORT 0200 HRS" Says the tweeting Major

edmuiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Sep 28 2012, 10:48

@Ned Starks Head I don,t remember as crossing paths if we did, I jus didn,t keep it in mind cause I take heated discussion here as casual confrontation.Very Happy Haya sasa introduce yourself formally. Very Happy Laughing

@forumers I bet so that some ops wouldn’t make sense to the mundane. F.Y.I kisimayo theoretically, was over. What “wazee” are doing using the Som. theater and its “facilities” (enemy) to conduct, ran and evaluate other ops. Ops not meant for Som. But for some other majirani (sorry to say so). this is real time and not a training facility. So let them using this environment to check in flaws and flow of other K.E ops.
Som . ops need only 4000 boots and few SF. For recon.
30th and 40th are new “tools” in the shed. we use them and get clear first hand picture how the doctrine works in real combat. Blend different cocktail of ops. Amphibious , para drops, black drape, tigers in full throttle. In short the final stretch of Som. was a Lab, and lab rats (A.S) provided the "red forces" to conduct and evaluate other “relevant” ops. What the heck Amisom is footing part of the bill. Make sense now. mean while political agendas get developed for the sector as time fly on.

@jasisi Kismayo airport host other important asset for the greater and betterment of the region. Humanitarian aid , NGO activities and charted planes, the airfield will be a pivot point after OLN ends. We can,t just remove it from the map.

I couldn,t say it better than those O.N lines before me.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 11:07

Hold off popping the Champagne, friends. We are in Chair Town in force. But there hell of work to be done before you chaps can get your civilian cups of Kericho Tea in Kismaayu. Securing a city with such a history as Kismaayu takes much more than inserting fighting elements inside it
But, we are in, en force d'epeee, from multiple vectors, with great versatility of equipment and formation. We cannot cede ground no matter, we have momentum and initiative.

First large scale Airborne Ops in Africa? After the Egyptians and Boers.

First Amphibious Assault in Africa? After ECOMOG / Nigeria.

First Coordinated Airborne,Amphibious,Ground, Combat fixed and rotary Air Campaign in africa post WWII? Damn right! We are no barracks/classroom Military, eh?!!

@Ned Starks Head - will revert shortly. But @Observer has his finger on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Sep 28 2012, 11:52

Risasi wrote:@Ned Starks Head I don,t remember as crossing paths if we did, I jus didn,t keep it in mind cause I take heated discussion here as casual confrontation.Very Happy Haya sasa introduce yourself formally. Very Happy Laughing

@forumers I bet so that some ops wouldn’t make sense to the mundane. F.Y.I kisimayo theoretically, was over. What “wazee” are doing using the Som. theater and its “facilities” (enemy) to conduct, ran and evaluate other ops. Ops not meant for Som. But for some other majirani (sorry to say so). this is real time and not a training facility. So let them using this environment to check in flaws and flow of other K.E ops.
Som . ops need only 4000 boots and few SF. For recon.
30th and 40th are new “tools” in the shed. we use them and get clear first hand picture how the doctrine works in real combat. Blend different cocktail of ops. Amphibious , para drops, black drape, tigers in full throttle. In short the final stretch of Som. was a Lab, and lab rats (A.S) provided the "red forces" to conduct and evaluate other “relevant” ops. What the heck Amisom is footing part of the bill. Make sense now. mean while political agendas get developed for the sector as time fly on.

@jasisi Kismayo airport host other important asset for the greater and betterment of the region. Humanitarian aid , NGO activities and charted planes, the airfield will be a pivot point after OLN ends. We can,t just remove it from the map.

I couldn,t say it better than those O.N lines before me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19754639
"Checkpoints were set up, with one eyewitness reporting that the AU forces appeared to include American or European troops. There have been numerous reports of US special forces operating against the Islamist militants in Somalia."

Does it hurt so much that Amisom is succeeding against all odds that they have to manufacture stories of their involvement? nway looking forward to the debriefs once all is said and done. Pix of chai town tafadhali
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Sep 28 2012, 12:26

ole Nkarei wrote:First Coordinated Airborne,Amphibious,Ground, Combat fixed and rotary Air Campaign in africa post WWII? Damn right! We are no barracks/classroom Military, eh?!!

Ha ha Laughing Laughing. You didn't have to say that now, did ya? Anyway, bout time. Now the part where you get to rebuild the airport, coz you need it like bad.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Victory is Nay.........let us rehearse the victory songs

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 12:44

Am proud of our disciplined forces. As i had said earlier, am awaiting to see how Uncle Johny and Sammy will respond. Now they say they have been part of the OLN operations. Double speak and hypocrisy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:07

Reports indicate the city has not yet fallen. Let me hope we're not celebrating prematurely, coz according to the AMISOM press office, "Operations are ongoing to neutralize specific Al-Shabaab targets in Kismayo". And the AFP, quoting multiple sources inside the city, says the beach is 9km from the city centre and that AMISOM forces;
AFP wrote:..are not very close to the city because the coast where they are now is around nine kilometres (six miles) from downtown...

The city itself is still under control of the Shebab. Radio Andalus is
operating and calling on people to join the jihad and overthrow the
invaders," one resident, Abdulahi Yakub

Looks like the beach landings were part of a three-pronged attack that won't be complete until all three groups converge in Kismayo proper. Wish we could get more concrete info from the field.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Buffs

Post  Mkenya Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:26

Observer wrote:@"Ned Starks Head I reckon the. DHC-5 Buffalo does a decent job on drops, hav witness many drops over Lanet and Gilgil, actually once in Gilgil the Buffalo landed on an open field 'rugged but generally flat" near the Para base a couple of times to pick and drop troops, it was impressive... It's load would be minimal though, but for SF 4O or so boots are not a small number, hav also seen Pumas do high altitude drops with the "Green Eagles"
CONGRATS TO KDF bounce ,we'll definately drink to their victory for generations to come..... and this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.. Evil or Very Mad

Will KAF opt to refurbish their DHC-5 workhorses,i understand their a worldwide refit for this planes with Dash 8 engines plus airframe strengthening.Or like in the past ground the fleet woo potential buyers & buy newer planes from Uncle Woo or Sammy whoever wants to play tango with us.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:28

Spartan wrote:Reports indicate the city has not yet fallen. Let me hope we're not celebrating prematurely, coz according to the AMISOM press office, "Operations are ongoing to neutralize specific Al-Shabaab targets in Kismayo". And the AFP, quoting multiple sources inside the city, says the beach is 9km from the city centre and that AMISOM forces;
AFP wrote:..are not very close to the city because the coast where they are now is around nine kilometres (six miles) from downtown...

The city itself is still under control of the Shebab. Radio Andalus is
operating and calling on people to join the jihad and overthrow the
invaders," one resident, Abdulahi Yakub

Looks like the beach landings were part of a three-pronged attack that won't be complete until all three groups converge in Kismayo proper. Wish we could get more concrete info from the field.

Sure;Oguna (Col) said they are not everywhere, but like half of the city; I guess it will take time before things start settling down

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:41

Reuters reports … “Seven ships” , “hundreds of soldiers” … did we have that capacity for an Amphibious assault? … Could we have “borrowed” some capacity for the Chai shut down esp on the Naval side? But still there are a lot of procurement questions that never get fully answered, so it wouldn’t surprise me that if there are “strategic equipment” that KDF has stored for such “gigs”… SIN reports "11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats" were used (i quote with the necessary disclaimer that this is SIN)... this notwithstanding, "Sledge Hammer" will go down into the books as one of the classic military ops in the continent no doubt ... once OLN is done it's ops debrief will be an epic.
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:53

Mkenya wrote:
Observer wrote:@"Ned Starks Head I reckon the. DHC-5 Buffalo does a decent job on drops, hav witness many drops over Lanet and Gilgil, actually once in Gilgil the Buffalo landed on an open field 'rugged but generally flat" near the Para base a couple of times to pick and drop troops, it was impressive... It's load would be minimal though, but for SF 4O or so boots are not a small number, hav also seen Pumas do high altitude drops with the "Green Eagles"
CONGRATS TO KDF bounce ,we'll definately drink to their victory for generations to come..... and this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.. Evil or Very Mad

Will KAF opt to refurbish their DHC-5 workhorses,i understand their a worldwide refit for this planes with Dash 8 engines plus airframe strengthening.Or like in the past ground the fleet woo potential buyers & buy newer planes from Uncle Woo or Sammy whoever wants to play tango with us.

I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theatre.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Kismayu fall

Post  Analyst Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:57

Only 4-ships went in not 7 unless otherwise
The jetty is under the KDF boys control.
Western and Northern sphere of the port town under control of the KDF boys
Men including special ops guys used 11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats (recently acquired).
Helicopter gunships also used to provide cover.
Troops have been in and out of the two spheres of Kismayu (North and West) for a week.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were mop-up ops to pave way for main fighting units.
Ammo and ware house, a strategic parking of technical s and trucks destroyed
Militant leaders left the city mid Thursday
Hence Kismayu fell days ago

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty How Kismayu Fell to KDF After Mop-Up Ops

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:02

Quite an interesting article from SIN. After this war we need a movie out of this; this can boast our film industry. The approach to this war has magnificent; i remember Ole Nkarei stating this when we started. sorry for pasting a whole article.

"KDF soldiers have stormed Kismayu after mop up operations by elements of the special forces of the Kenya army, sorties by the Kenya airforce and strategic naval attacks on main enemy positions, assets, and defenses by the Kenya navy.

Throughout Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th September 2012, Kenya Defense Forces, often reported by CNN, BBC besides other international media as untested and in-capable continuously attacked from air, sea, and ground Kismayu airport, Al-Shabaab’s logistics, bases, arms, and transport facility parking areas and centers.

Early Thursday, many Al-Shabaab small unit leaders were dead forcing the key militia leaders to flee the city on Thursday afternoon.

On the night of Thursday, 27th September, four Kenyan warships approached the port city of Kismayu stealthily and in the silence of the night, deployed hundreds of special forces into the beaches of Kismayu in the morning of Friday 28th 2012.

The special fighting troops made the beach landing using 11M Naval Special Warfare Rigid Inflatable Boats from Kenya naval warships.

Spectacular beach and air landing, the first by an African country, helped main fighting units of the KDF storm the port city of Kismayu, and last lifeline of the Al-Shabaab terrorists based in Somalia.

Kenya air-force shelled Al-Shabaabs main armory and warehouse near the coast destroying both facilities completely denting the long term capacity to resupply.

Anti- aircraft guns, ammunition, grenades, guns, and machine-guns were destroyed.

The objective was to deny the militants arms, supplies, ammunition, communication, and leadership capabilities as the final push into the nerve center of the port city was made.

At 0200HRS, special forces landed in Kismayu from the air and sea while main fighting troops stormed the city from the north and west of the city as naval warships shelled the positions and defenses using 75mm guns from sea.

At 2am, Kismayu port jetty and its west and north had finally fallen to the fighting battalions of the Kenya Defense Force who are now operating deep inside the port city.

KDF, took control of Kismayu’s heartbeat last week after special forces made drops to the city from special forces aircraft’s, while other KDF special forces slithered into the port city killing Al-Shabaab fighting unit leaders, destroying their positions and blowing up their armory’s, ammunition supply centers and facilities.

Deaths of the militants unit leaders left units of the Al-Shabaab without commanders hence hasty retreat far east of the city leaving the city without defenders.

Heavy Fighting is going on at the port of Kismayu as special forces and naval vessels destroy Al-Shabaab defenses.

Intelligence officers confirm elements of the Al-Shabaab are holed in the city posing as civilians. This is very dangerous since these elements will be vital in the possible insurgency."
[/i]

Last edited by realclip on Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:05; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong link pasted on the article)

Back to top Go down

Post  Interloper Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:03

Uzi wrote:
Mkenya wrote:

I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theatre.

I concur@Uzi...we need to look at the big picture!
Interloper
Interloper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Kenya's Military and Diplomatic Muscle Intimidating

Post  Analyst Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:20

I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theater.

Gentlemen;

The whole AMISOM thing hardly makes sense to most intelligence and military officers since each traces the current AMISOM success in Somalia to months after Kenya launched Operation Linda Inchi.

The fact that AMISOM was in Somalia for more than half a decade only decays their name and capability whereby, their clout manifested after a specific player made entry to their theater, hence, if this player did not make the entry, their current success would not have manifested.

KDF was the catalyst that orchestrated events that shaped the success of AMISOM and most importantly, the current hope for a future for the Somali people.

Kenya has been instrumental in the diplomatic front lobbying for political leadership besides setting timelines to ensure peace and stability is possible.

As such, these three issues such as Migingo, Ilemi Triangle, Oromo militia, and any neighborly aggression becomes issues worth a look but hitherto will fizzle as those who bankroll them feel intimidated by such success as witnessed in Kismayu.

Intimidation is a war strategy where capacity exhibited by a defense force signifies strength and deterrent capability.

Kenya, as projected by intelligence analysts has used diplomacy, economics, and now military capability to acquire deterrent capability.

Unlike most powers and third world countries, who acquire/procure smart warfare arsenal including modern fighter jets in hordes, purchase of naval ships, and missile defense shields to acquire deterrent capability, Kenya's uses strategy and results to exhibit capacity to deter threats.

As such, the success in Somalia is indicative of this deterrent capability which will go a long way to warn and ward off foreign aggression.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:39

Uzi wrote:I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theatre.

Pleeease!?!! Can we finish the fighting first?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:43

Spartan wrote:
Uzi wrote:I know adrenaline is rushing but "this campaign shld send chills to our northern & western neighbours who think our borders are just traffic lights they violate when they pliz... Very Happy. i think issues of Migingo,Oromo rebels will die naturally otherwise.." is not necessary, this is an Amisom operation not a theatre.

Seconded @Sparta man.
Let us finish the streetfight first before we start engaging in 'sibling rivalry'.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  The Blue Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:44

Spartan wrote:

After we all sanitise Somalia and we collectively have nothing to do, we will engage in this biashara ya Ice cream yangu ni tamu kushinda yako. In the meantime, Success to our uniforms

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:57

Kudos to the troops on the front line, a milestone for African military operations.

A moving and exuberant display of patriotism and national pride over the last few pages but let us not forget ole Nkarei's warning to keep the bottles on ice or Spartan's observation that KDF will not be liberating Kismayu single-handedly (whether or not they are capable of it). Military co-operation on this scale speaks volumes in itself but pulling it off with minimal casualties to our troops and civilians (let us pray it will be so) is the challenge. Such a success would add a new dimension to Kenyana. Hope Kigali and Addis are watching.

Yet will the fall of Kismayu and a total routing of Al Shabaab be the end of it? We know they are here - in Mombasa, in Nairobi, in Kampala - and in possession of the most potent weapon of all. Hundreds of millions of dollars.

Through subterfuge and stealth, they have used this weapon to covertly control the real estate market, the commodities market - some would make the same argument for key national institutions; refashioned our demographic profile, as recent bloody events clearly indicate.

There are many ways to skin a cat, said one famous politician. So are the events of the last 20 years, indeed, the last 50 years, about Sharia or Somaliweyn?

A question to ponder, perhaps.

Last edited by Vitruvian on Fri Sep 28 2012, 15:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Sep 28 2012, 15:05

Vitruvian wrote:Kudos to the troops on the front line, a milestone for African military operations.

A moving and exuberant display of patriotism and national pride over the last few pages but let us not forget ole Nkarei's warning to keep the bottles on ice or Spartan's observation that KDF will not be liberating Kismayu single-handedly (whether or not they are capable of it). Military co-operation on this scale speaks volumes in itself but pulling it off with minimal casualties to our troops and civilians (let us pray it will be so) is the challenge. Such a success would add a new dimension to Kenyana. Hope Kigali and Addis are watching.

Yet will the fall if Kismayu and a total routing of Al Shabaab be the end of it? We know they are here - in Mombasa, in Nairobi, in Kampala - and in possession of the most potent weapon of all. Hundreds of millions of dollars.

Through subterfuge and stealth, they have used this weapon to covertly control the real estate market, the commodities market - some would make the same argument for key national institutions; refashioned our demographic profile, as recent bloody events clearly indicate.

There are many ways to skin a cat, said one famous politician. So are the events about the last 20 years, indeed, the last 50 years, about Sharia or Somaliweyn?

BBC wrote:KISMAYU: AMISOM vs Al Shabaab
...Will al-Shabab, reluctant to lose their last major urban foothold in Somalia, try to hold on to the bitter end and turn the city into another ruin like Mogadishu, or will they - and I suspect this is more likely - try to hang on just long enough to give the Kenyans a bloody nose and film some impressive battle footage for their websites, then melt into the surrounding countryside?

If it comes to a long urban battle, al-Shabab have all the experience and motivation, while the untested Kenyans may find themselves forced to wait for other African Union troops to fight their way down the coast to do the hard work in Kismayo....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19756374

Will these guys ever learn to give the 'devil' [KDF] his due?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 15:44

The Blue wrote:
Spartan wrote:

After we all sanitise Somalia and we collectively have nothing to do, we will engage in this biashara ya Ice cream yangu ni tamu kushinda yako. In the meantime, Success to our uniforms

True that, i cant agree more

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:13

mogen wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:Kudos to the troops on the front line, a milestone for African military operations.

Yet will the fall if Kismayu and a total routing of Al Shabaab be the end of it? We know they are here - in Mombasa, in Nairobi, in Kampala - and in possession of the most potent weapon of all. Hundreds of millions of dollars.

There are many ways to skin a cat, said one famous politician. So are the events about the last 20 years, indeed, the last 50 years, about Sharia or Somaliweyn?

BBC wrote:KISMAYU: AMISOM vs Al Shabaab
...Will al-Shabab, reluctant to lose their last major urban foothold in Somalia, try to hold on to the bitter end and turn the city into another ruin like Mogadishu, or will they - and I suspect this is more likely - try to hang on just long enough to give the Kenyans a bloody nose and film some impressive battle footage for their websites, then melt into the surrounding countryside?

If it comes to a long urban battle, al-Shabab have all the experience and motivation, while the untested Kenyans may find themselves forced to wait for other African Union troops to fight their way down the coast to do the hard work in Kismayo....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19756374

Will these guys ever learn to give the 'devil' [KDF] his due?

They are in for a rude shock. When we started, they said we couldn't move far, KDF did it? now we are about to close the first chapter then they doubt our abilities.
KDF through their intelligence have proved to the world that they understand in a broader perspective the schematics behind and beyond Somaaaliya. It is this genuse' that has made this mission quite successful so far. The problem with the Western countries is that they are always envious of triumphs of other nations. China and India have made strides in all fronts of development but when you hear comments from these chaps, it is always in the negative. This is the same reason as to why they don't want Kenya to develop further.

In the past 10 years or so, Kenya has made great strides; and as a good big brother in the region, he is pulling along his siblings- this has resulted to the realization of LAPSSET, revival of the railway network and the construction of the pipeline to Kampala. All this has been done with little help from uncle Sammy and Johny.

Thika road, the largest infrastructure project in East and Central Africa in recent times was constructed by funds from ADB. This angered Uncle Sammy and it is the reason as to why the then World bank Country Director was demoted and taken back to do clerical work back in Bretton Woods.

The fact is Africa, with its a billion inhabitants has realized that it can solve its problems. With a market of 1B, why do you need the West? With the raising number of middle class income-earners, Africa is poised to be the next China. Col. Gaddafi, envisaged this; and i strongly believe that it was because of his ideas that they decided to overthrow him.

We are not celebrating yet, but where we have reached we've shown that all along the solution to our problems laid right in-front and within us. Methinks that Uncle Sammy and Johny might be behind the Al Kebab - remember the pirate money scandal where a Sammy/Johny was caught flying ransom money out of Mogadisho? My pea-cent at work'........

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabrizio Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:17

Uzi wrote:
"Checkpoints were set up, with one eyewitness reporting that the AU forces appeared to include American or European troops. There have been numerous reports of US special forces operating against the Islamist militants in Somalia."

Does it hurt so much that Amisom is succeeding against all odds that they have to manufacture stories of their involvement? nway looking forward to the debriefs once all is said and done. Pix of chai town tafadhali
When it comes to bombardment of Kismayo and "loss of civilian" lives, the mzungu is more than happy to let KDF take the full credit. But when something like this happens, they cannot resist the urge to slip in a mzungu or two and take all the credit. I am usually reluctant to buy into the anti-African bias. But this one is hard to miss.

Fabrizio

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty kismayu assault by kdf

Post  countersniper Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:31

Sky news reported this assault as the first ambphibious landing of massed troops byan african force
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ned Starks Head Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:48

Just one word "Ahhh Maay zing". Combined arms operations Whaaat !!!!!!must have been a sight to behold
Will post more when I'm on my computer.

I pray there are no casualties on our side.
Ned Starks Head
Ned Starks Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Sep 28 2012, 17:28

Well, let's not hog the whole credit. There are our bothers in Uganda and Burundi who have done most of the spade work as well. It wasn't easy liberating the much bigger and more populous Mogadishu. Give credit where due guys.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Fri Sep 28 2012, 17:40

Fabrizio wrote:
Uzi wrote:

When it comes to bombardment of Kismayo and "loss of civilian" lives, the mzungu is more than happy to let KDF take the full credit. But when something like this happens, they cannot resist the urge to slip in a mzungu or two and take all the credit. I am usually reluctant to buy into the anti-African bias. But this one is hard to miss.

Here's more evidence that this was an African Job, the CGS was at the center of the planning it appears... note the Buggy/light strike vehicles (some of this equipment appears on the field during "D-Day" anyone with info of the purchases)

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Slide280912_1

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Slide280912_2

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Slide280912_3

the West will have to eventually agree that AMISOM outdid them in Somalia; pacifying Mogadishu and eventually taking on Kismayu not mentioning working out modalities of ensuring Somali has it's feet on the road to recovery... they need to swallow their pride and take confidence that their training was put to efficient use by African forces, perhaps a case of a student taking the teachers formula and using it to suit his environment... isn't that at the "core" of any professional force "adaptation"... i guess we can now begin to get rid of the term "untested" ... BTW will the use of Kenya Navy equipment be denied like they did with the initial bombardment of the port area?
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Fri Sep 28 2012, 18:04

@KDF. Good riddance, to a promising halt. Thats my version of "a strategic 'conveyor belt' ". There we go, Kenyana. Job well done.
@countersniper. Visit the Nigerian 'spin doctor (aka; Beegeagle), to see what he has in store for such an "Amphibious landing of massed troops" operation on the KDF clout--->Typical to 'Nollywood fantasy dribblers' Very Happy
@Risasi fly safe, @Ole nkarei infiltrate safe, @Mjeshi Mmoja shell safe!
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Sep 28 2012, 21:07

Olekoima wrote:Well, let's not hog the whole credit. There are our bothers in Uganda and Burundi who have done most of the spade work as well. It wasn't easy liberating the much bigger and more populous Mogadishu. Give credit where due guys.
Very true bro UPDF and Burundi deserve a palm on forehead. Its also true that a cornered "prey" is very ferocious. Kebabs have no exit strategy with no where to run and that makes them deadly hence the meticulous planning and execution. Loved the amphibious assault clip released by DoD.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Fri Sep 28 2012, 21:16

My congratulations albeit late to the planning team and those that spend sleepless nights knowing that they have sent their fellow men in harms way for the greater good, I join in the collective sigh of relief knowing only too well what it means to bear the burden. I additionally echo Spartans reprimand, Vita vya ndugu ni baada ya wageni kuenda zao".
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next