THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Empty What gives in Sector I?

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:56

The ENDF maneuvers out of LUQ in force, re taking ground earlier this year ceded to ASWJ and then subsequently lost to Alkeebab in Bay and Hiiraan.

KDF swamping and side stepping Jillib and punching northwards towards Marka.

KDF 30th running SAD aggravated ops in Jubba towards Dhobley and Bardhedhe. AirCaval ranging in Gedo and Bikool.

Intel indicate Alkebab funneling towards Crazy Town from South and Central Zoomaliya.

Unless we fluff it with crafting the civil admin in Chai Town, Alkeebab is roast-ready with a sweet and sour sauce boat on the sidetable.

Sector I is kinda quiet.! What gives@ Aggressor-one, Crane?

@azFavor - stay clear of my "six".

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  aggressor one Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:32

ole Nkarei wrote:The ENDF maneuvers out of LUQ in force, re taking ground earlier this year ceded to ASWJ and then subsequently lost to Alkeebab in Bay and Hiiraan.

KDF swamping and side stepping Jillib and punching northwards towards Marka.

KDF 30th running SAD aggravated ops in Jubba towards Dhobley and Bardhedhe. AirCaval ranging in Gedo and Bikool.

Intel indicate Alkebab funneling towards Crazy Town from South and Central Zoomaliya.

Unless we fluff it with crafting the civil admin in Chai Town, Alkeebab is roast-ready with a sweet and sour sauce boat on the sidetable.

Sector I is kinda quiet.! What gives@ Aggressor-one, Crane?

@azFavor - stay clear of my "six".

Action has been going on in sector 1 for a week now. AMISOM broke fron Afgooye-35kms from Mogadishu, captured Wanlaweyne-90kms from Mogadishu and on Saturday entered Badoggle-105kms on the Mogadishu-Baidoa road in Central Somalia. Southwards, movement beyond Marka and in the north-Johwar-80kms away is set to fall by end of this week.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Empty China to deepen Military Tie's with Africa

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:49

mogen wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:http://allafrica.com/stories/201210140422.html

Interesting times ahead. With greater strategic military engagement with Africa through established Regional Bodies combined with credit financing for Development now equal to a combined IMF and World Bank, China might just pull Africa out of our perpetual poverty in her quest own survival and development.

China beats the 'West' hands down thanks to the 'Third World' tag that they wear with pride alongside many underdeveloped countries. They have used this in such a clever manner that no single developing country looks at them the way Western countries are viewed by many 'Third World' countries. China is often seen as a bigger, well-endowed brother. The non-interference bla bla... is part of their dominate-and-control strategy and it is working very well for them. Unfortunately, self-interest is their Archille's heel as it would eventually turn the developing countries' citizens against their benevolent big brother. In this respect, their change in policy is certainly understandable but it is going to be interesting to see how well they balance the tricky issues of development partnership and security. Will they continue to turn a blind eye even in cases of despicable human rights abuses on the continent? Certainly, supporting despots [eg Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo], who abound in impoverished countries, can backfire.

@Mogen & ON,
Well it seems a deal for Africa is in the making, infrastructure, military & monetary ways..... of course to our favor in the short term. I'm more worried of the motives(favorable for now, painful later).
The westerners applied the same niceties them days & as soon they milked our cows dry, off they left us fighting. All those first world nations won't b was it not for Africa., they'd be struggling.
Chingchong could be in for the same...she's sharp, fast & well endowed with Yuan...,my fear is we are heading the same way we did a while back. Its common knowledge Africa holds 85% of virgin unexploited(minerals) & what away to achieve her super power status by 2025...(I'll offer citation later on her quest to be a super power by then) She'll Milk the african cow, gain ground, attain super power & feed her energy hungry economy & take off leaving a depleted Africans in abject poverty (fighting) may God forbid..
By the way, She's under pressure from the billions of citizens to create new jobs. Are you aware in Kampala they are doing the menial jobs? in restaurants etc! Flying Crane can attest to these; I've been there & seen. The other day we saw demos in cbd regarding hawker Chingchongs, it's a reality, they are in drones....here in Nanyuki I witnessed one roasting maize & he's so popular coz of the masses curiosity.,others hawking cheap ware's etc. I'm afraid once they settle en mass it won't be easy to ship them out & what a way of selling out our planet Africa. I'm not against their assistance, but we ought to be very careful, watchful & avoid the earlier mistakes by westerner.
I beg to be corrected....

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Mon Oct 15 2012, 13:42

Hi all ,especially the "elders', am sort of new here but willing to learn and participate in this dynamic and disciplined forum.
Protocals earlier breached highly regretted,that is posting without introductions.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:47

mogen wrote:Mombasa Republican Council chairman Omar Mwamnuazi was arrested in Kwale following an exchange of fire with police in which 2 of his bodyguards were killed. What is disturbing is the fact that Omar Mwamnuazi is a former KDF soldier.

Standard Online wrote:Reports say there was a gunfight at the home of Mwamnuazi before he was arrested that led to the killings. The chairman is a former soldier...
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068457&pageNo=1

Omar Mwamnuazi
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Mrc_ch10

We should not be entertaining these type of individuals that are bent on disrupting the economic activites of any part of the country. Maybe we should send this guy Luzira and not Kamiti so that by the time he is back he will have styled up like one Mr Kimathi.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:49

Neutral Ground wrote:Hi all ,especially the "elders', am sort of new here but willing to learn and participate in this dynamic and disciplined forum.
Protocals earlier breached highly regretted,that is posting without introductions.

@ Neutral Ground, i am sure the 'elders ' have heard and welcomed you to the council.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:50

Sierra Kilo wrote:
mogen wrote:Mombasa Republican Council chairman Omar Mwamnuazi was arrested in Kwale following an exchange of fire with police in which 2 of his bodyguards were killed. What is disturbing is the fact that Omar Mwamnuazi is a former KDF soldier.

Standard Online wrote:Reports say there was a gunfight at the home of Mwamnuazi before he was arrested that led to the killings. The chairman is a former soldier...
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068457&pageNo=1

Omar Mwamnuazi
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Mrc_ch10

We should not be entertaining these type of individuals that are bent on disrupting the economic activites of any part of the country. Maybe we should send this guy Luzira and not Kamiti so that by the time he is back he will have styled up like one Mr Kimathi.

Seconded. Luzira would help us.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Mon Oct 15 2012, 15:23

@ Sierra kilo ,Ashante

@mogen
Honourable souls of our lands are paying the ultimate price
in foreign land so that these lagards can abuse the product of such sacrifices?
Ah! Luzira I concur.And to boot a former uniform should know better .
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:04

ole Nkarei wrote:...KDF swamping and side stepping Jillib and punching northwards towards Marka.

just curious, why sidestep Jilib? Mbona hawafagii everywhere?. if OpSec I'll understand.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 16:16

Neutral Ground wrote:@ Sierra kilo ,Ashante

@mogen
Honourable souls of our lands are paying the ultimate price
in foreign land so that these lagards can abuse the product of such sacrifices?
Ah! Luzira I concur.And to boot a former uniform should know better .

Clearly, this ex-soldier man does not borde well for Kenya. Even after the High Court Judges threw them a lifeline they still chose violence.

Just check this video clip:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDnD3fBrHnI&feature=youtu.be&a
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 17:02

sagafoot wrote:
mogen wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:http://allafrica.com/stories/201210140422.html

Interesting times ahead. With greater strategic military engagement with Africa through established Regional Bodies combined with credit financing for Development now equal to a combined IMF and World Bank, China might just pull Africa out of our perpetual poverty in her quest own survival and development.

China beats the 'West' hands down thanks to the 'Third World' tag that they wear with pride alongside many underdeveloped countries. They have used this in such a clever manner that no single developing country looks at them the way Western countries are viewed by many 'Third World' countries. China is often seen as a bigger, well-endowed brother. The non-interference bla bla... is part of their dominate-and-control strategy and it is working very well for them. Unfortunately, self-interest is their Archille's heel as it would eventually turn the developing countries' citizens against their benevolent big brother. In this respect, their change in policy is certainly understandable but it is going to be interesting to see how well they balance the tricky issues of development partnership and security. Will they continue to turn a blind eye even in cases of despicable human rights abuses on the continent? Certainly, supporting despots [eg Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo], who abound in impoverished countries, can backfire.

@Mogen & ON,
Well it seems a deal for Africa is in the making, infrastructure, military & monetary ways..... of course to our favor in the short term. I'm more worried of the motives(favorable for now, painful later).
The westerners applied the same niceties them days & as soon they milked our cows dry, off they left us fighting. All those first world nations won't b was it not for Africa., they'd be struggling.
Chingchong could be in for the same...she's sharp, fast & well endowed with Yuan...,my fear is we are heading the same way we did a while back. Its common knowledge Africa holds 85% of virgin unexploited(minerals) & what away to achieve her super power status by 2025...(I'll offer citation later on her quest to be a super power by then) She'll Milk the african cow, gain ground, attain super power & feed her energy hungry economy & take off leaving a depleted Africans in abject poverty (fighting) may God forbid..
By the way, She's under pressure from the billions of citizens to create new jobs. Are you aware in Kampala they are doing the menial jobs? in restaurants etc! Flying Crane can attest to these; I've been there & seen. The other day we saw demos in cbd regarding hawker Chingchongs, it's a reality, they are in drones....here in Nanyuki I witnessed one roasting maize & he's so popular coz of the masses curiosity.,others hawking cheap ware's etc. I'm afraid once they settle en mass it won't be easy to ship them out & what a way of selling out our planet Africa. I'm not against their assistance, but we ought to be very careful, watchful & avoid the earlier mistakes by westerner.
I beg to be corrected....

And now someone says:Forget China; Japan Is 'Taking Over' The World Again
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-15/forget-china-japan-taking-over-world-again
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Oct 15 2012, 21:21

I being a very cynical person do not believe that this recent flare up in violent MRC activities is purely coincidental. The group has been around for quite a long time (As my Areba from Kilifi can attest), why wait till now? is it coz of the elections? i don't believe that even for a moment. Is it because of the LAPSSET project? Now there's an idea.
They don't have to win in their secessionist agenda, they just have to keep us pre-occupied long enough to make sure LAPPSET and V2030 subsequently) is delayed long enough to be irrelevant. Looking at the so called '10 mile coastal strip agreement' nowhere was the Mijikenda involved as a signatory. It involved Kenyatta (on behalf of the black Kenyans-Mijikenda who incidentally felt safer with Kenya than the Arabs at that time), the Sultan of Zanzibar (on behalf of his Arabs) and the old British lady (for the rapists). If the agreement states that the lease expires in 50 years, than it automatically reverts to the Sultan then. However the Omani Arabs can not overtly fight for it. So they use unsuspecting illiterate proxies (hehehe one of the leaders is a carpenter) and fund them in a fake attempt at feigning Muslim solidarity. Rogo had financial backing from the Iranians n so is one pirat guy in Mtwapa town. They send youths to Somalia, train em then bring them back to Kenya as sleepers waiting for an activation order. After they succeed they are slapped with the agreement informing them that they are as much squatters as they are Kenyans. Sijui mbona hilo hawaoni. In my view, the west won't support this madness but they will condone it long enough to derail LAPPSET. This is just the pain of Kenya wriggling itself free from the chains of bondage. Tutatoboa tu.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Oct 16 2012, 08:34

Over here in Ug if you are found with guns and other army-issue materials, you forego your right to a trial in a civilian court. That's what we would do with Mr. Mwanamunadzi and his other armed MRC lot, more so that he is a former soldier. Otherwise you will be breathing the same air of freedom with him before long.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 16 2012, 08:38

Spartan wrote:Over here in Ug if you are found with guns and other army-issue materials, you forego your right to a trial in a civilian court. That's what we would do with Mr. Mwanamunadzi and his other armed MRC lot, more so that he is a former soldier. Otherwise you will be breathing the same air of freedom with him before long.

@Spartan
Mwamnuadzi will do jail for a long time. I wish our govt would strike a deal with UG to house him at Luzira. It is a shame people invoke religion to cover up their criminal activity.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 09:50

@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration. Because Martial law essentially cannibalizes other less brute-force driven jurisdictions. The more intrusive and enduring the Martial law, the more does Civilian judicial processes get disembodied.

MRC is not anyway near a Threat to the integrity of State. It reached where it has due some lethargy on policing resultant from Gen. Ali's appearance at the Hague and driven by events in Zoomaliya. We need to constitutionalize our handling of it to separate the criminal component of it from the political expression of it. Which is now robustly under way. The "Luzira" way may create Martyrs of the brigands and a hydra-headed snake in the entire Country. Our Objective? MRC must metaphose into a Political Party and operate as such - then it will be buried under the weight of its mediocre agenda.

@Neutral Ground - fall in. Let's go hunt Alkebaab, man! Karibu.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Oct 16 2012, 10:41

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration.

Martial law is a far ranging scenario, usually imposed when the state cannot function normally e.g when under attack or populations no longer recognise civil law like during a plague. That's not what I meant. I meant a Court Martial, which in Uganda is a court recognised by law like any other. Court martials provide the 'flexibility' that Guantanamo provides to Sammy. That's why Obama has failed to close it despite promising to do so four years ago.

Of course most crimes involving guns in Ug (99%) are tried in civilian courts. But if push comes to shove, you do what you have to do to protect the population, even if it's protecting them against themselves.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Tue Oct 16 2012, 10:48

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration. Because Martial law essentially cannibalizes other less brute-force driven jurisdictions. The more intrusive and enduring the Martial law, the more does Civilian judicial processes get disembodied.

MRC is not anyway near a Threat to the integrity of State. It reached where it has due some lethargy on policing resultant from Gen. Ali's appearance at the Hague and driven by events in Zoomaliya. We need to constitutionalize our handling of it to separate the criminal component of it from the political expression of it. Which is now robustly under way. The "Luzira" way may create Martyrs of the brigands and a hydra-headed snake in the entire Country. Our Objective? MRC must metaphose into a Political Party and operate as such - then it will be buried under the weight of its mediocre agenda.

Not that i support martial law for Armed civillians, but i detest "due process" when it is nothing but kenya's blood being shed. Was the arrest of Al-amin kimathi "due process?' Nope. Has it helped - it certainly has. What has our due process done all these years? If say someone close to you - a family member - has been kidnapped; will u champion due process? the right to a lawyer and the right to remain silent? The assassination of al-shabaab leaders is not due process - but it does help.

That guy should have been killed in '99. see how many lives we've lost so far. It is important that people who have the potential and desire to cause the state to be at a security risk, be dealt with before they shed any blood. I personally support the use of enhanced interrogation techniques.

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Tue Oct 16 2012, 12:42

ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration. Because Martial law essentially cannibalizes other less brute-force driven jurisdictions. The more intrusive and enduring the Martial law, the more does Civilian judicial processes get disembodied.

MRC is not anyway near a Threat to the integrity of State. It reached where it has due some lethargy on policing resultant from Gen. Ali's appearance at the Hague and driven by events in Zoomaliya. We need to constitutionalize our handling of it to separate the criminal component of it from the political expression of it. Which is now robustly under way. The "Luzira" way may create Martyrs of the brigands and a hydra-headed snake in the entire Country. Our Objective? MRC must metaphose into a Political Party and operate as such - then it will be buried under the weight of its

@ON much oblidged.Enjoying front

Honoured....Sir

@ OnSir,What's the situation analysis now.

Last edited by Neutral Ground on Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Oct 16 2012, 13:15

That guy should have been killed in '99. see how many lives we've lost so far.
99, i agree. As fr now not so...
I personally support the use of enhanced interrogation techniques.
Whatever you may choose to call it, torture doesn't work under such a scenario. This is a militia group with a political message. The battle against them needs to be won politically as much as it is to be won by force of arms. This group needs to be exposed as a vile and self-serving grouping with the interest of their so called 'wapwani' at the bottom of the to do list. If the gov't resorts to torture they would have engaged in a self defeating act with or without their knowledge.
1. They will alienate the residents who are a very critical part in this skirmish. Will u support a government that has killed/tortured your brother, cousin, father, or even raped your women?
2. They will give the MRC fodder for their propaganda...how is they resident of Msambweni trust a government which tortures and maims its citizens?
3. They will give the group free publicity...you all know this is what CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeera love. Imagine some anchor in a western capital saying '3 members of the MRC have been tortured to death by the Kenyan gov't. The group which wants to secede from the larger Kenya sighting gross injustices...' and u just proved them right by torturing em to death.
4. Your own support will turn on you. When the French deployed their crack paratroopers to Algeria the soldiers resorted to the same terrorism the FLN was using. As a result of this, the French themselves became divided over the intervention. Those that were anti-torture ultimately helped in the independence of Algeria. This is how the French lost Algeria to the F.L.N.
Torture seems like a quick fix option but in a political conflict like this one it doesn't work. Politicians should be at the fore front in this. I personally do not understand why Mr. Mwamunuadzi can not run for governor of the independent Kwale County then implement the rules he sees will help his people.

Karibu all the newbies.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Oct 16 2012, 13:18

Neutral Ground wrote:

@ON much oblidged.Enjoying front row hospitality.

http://www.mod.go.ke/gallery/kismayu/IMG_1725.JPG

This Son above sure knows how to kit himself.
And,what piece is this ,the Negev SF?

I believe it is the PSG-1 sniper rifle.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 16:22

Nesta wrote:

Not that i support martial law for Armed civillians, but i detest "due process" when it is nothing but kenya's blood being shed. Was the arrest of Al-amin kimathi "due process?' Nope. Has it helped - it certainly has. What has our due process done all these years? If say someone close to you - a family member - has been kidnapped; will u champion due process? the right to a lawyer and the right to remain silent? The assassination of al-shabaab leaders is not due process - but it does help.

That guy should have been killed in '99. see how many lives we've lost so far. It is important that people who have the potential and desire to cause the state to be at a security risk, be dealt with before they shed any blood. I personally support the use of enhanced interrogation techniques.

I'm assuming here that you've never been subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques and that ole Nkarei's discourse on due process is totally lost on you.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 16 2012, 16:28

jasiri wrote:
Whatever you may choose to call it, torture doesn't work under such a scenario. This is a militia group with a political message. The battle against them needs to be won politically as much as it is to be won by force of arms. This group needs to be exposed as a vile and self-serving grouping with the interest of their so called 'wapwani' at the bottom of the to do list. If the gov't resorts to torture they would have engaged in a self defeating act with or without their knowledge.
1. They will alienate the residents who are a very critical part in this skirmish. Will u support a government that has killed/tortured your brother, cousin, father, or even raped your women?
2. They will give the MRC fodder for their propaganda...how is they resident of Msambweni trust a government which tortures and maims its citizens?
3. They will give the group free publicity...you all know this is what CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeera love. Imagine some anchor in a western capital saying '3 members of the MRC have been tortured to death by the Kenyan gov't. The group which wants to secede from the larger Kenya sighting gross injustices...' and u just proved them right by torturing em to death.
4. Your own support will turn on you. When the French deployed their crack paratroopers to Algeria the soldiers resorted to the same terrorism the FLN was using. As a result of this, the French themselves became divided over the intervention. Those that were anti-torture ultimately helped in the independence of Algeria. This is how the French lost Algeria to the F.L.N.
Torture seems like a quick fix option but in a political conflict like this one it doesn't work. Politicians should be at the fore front in this. I personally do not understand why Mr. Mwamunuadzi can not run for governor of the independent Kwale County then implement the rules he sees will help his people.

@Jas
Agreed with you.
and can now confirm that MRC had no secessation goal whe it was founded. It appears to have been hijacked by forces with ill-intentions. Devolution has indeed given people the best opportunity to take control of their affairs and implement those good policies central Govt has ignored for decades. They chose violence because they have other motives and GoK should not play into their hands.
http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068550&story_title=MRC-founders:-separation-was-not-part-of-original-agenda
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Tue Oct 16 2012, 17:17

Vitruvian wrote:I'm assuming here that you've never been subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques and that ole Nkarei's discourse on due process is totally lost on you.

Sometimes people have difficulties acknowledging the priceless value of common sense, in such cases it becomes our responsibility to remind them. Due process is good when we detect the existences of civil reasoning but absence of order. But when civil reasoning and order are confirmed to be missing then we send in the GSU and other enforcers who have the skillset required to underpin the importance of such. Just to be clear I am for absolute enforcement of order and good behavior preferably through due process but never ruling out enhanced interrogation with WBT been my preferred card in the deck.

Last edited by HokumA on Tue Oct 16 2012, 17:47; edited 2 times in total
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 28 Empty Breaking News: Al shaytans captured Husingo & Billis Qoqani

Post  mogen Tue Oct 16 2012, 17:26

@AWSJ tweeting:

wrote:3 Shaababs captured alive in Husingo this afternoon in Billis Qoqani they were starved and ammo less

@ON used up all your hunting licences?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Tue Oct 16 2012, 17:58

mogen wrote:
jasiri wrote:

@Jas
Agreed with you.
and can now confirm that MRC had no secessation goal whe it was founded. It appears to have been hijacked by forces with ill-intentions. Devolution has indeed given people the best opportunity to take control of their affairs and implement those good policies central Govt has ignored for decades. They chose violence because they have other motives and GoK should not play into their hands.
http://standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068550&story_title=MRC-founders:-separation-was-not-part-of-original-agenda

This clearly is an agenda that appears was aimed at benefiting the "neo sultans"... the comments coming from certain "sheyks" and groups like MUHURI are interesting. I do agree that the squatters at the Coast are being used as fodder to resurrect certain interest that will eventually turn against them, who has the most to loose if land inequalities are resolved at the Coast... but all the same MRC should have taken the life line provided by the Court; go political and use the "knowledge" of the new laws to seek redress for their lot...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 18:00

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:@Mogen @spartan - that does also say something deep about "due process" in both our countries. Fact iw martial law MUST never supersede or be superimposed on civilian judicial processes unless the Integrity of the State is verily under siege, and even then for specific objectives and duration.

Martial law is a far ranging scenario, usually imposed when the state cannot function normally e.g when under attack or populations no longer recognise civil law like during a plague. That's not what I meant. I meant a Court Martial, which in Uganda is a court recognised by law like any other. Court martials provide the 'flexibility' that Guantanamo provides to Sammy. That's why Obama has failed to close it despite promising to do so four years ago.

Of course most crimes involving guns in Ug (99%) are tried in civilian courts. But if push comes to shove, you do what you have to do to protect the population, even if it's protecting them against themselves.

Without putting too fine a shine to it@Spartan, my understanding of "Court Martial" as a component of Civilian Judicial Process is simply a subversion of the later to the application of penal Justice within the restrictive sphere of Martial Law. In other words, applying the Penal Code from the departure point that the accused are conditioned Killers and hence assuming an aggregation of the repercussions of the actions they are accused of. Under Military Conditions this has validity. In a Civilian setting it pre-supposes the inadequacy of the Civilian Judicial Process that should apply or the presence of very unique circumstances that imperil the survival of the State / Nation and therefore that call for temporary suspension of Civilian Judicial Process.

In States where Martial Law (it matters not the extent of it - general application or Court Martial for specific instances) persistently complements Civilian Law, the distinction between the State and the Head of State is invariably hazy. In other words, the Martial Law is primarily a power-entrencment tool and the a Justice process as a secondary. Inevitably such States are said to be repressive and civil liberties are restricted. And the reactions against them cumulative in proportion to the persistence of Martial Law in Civilian Jurisdiction

Martial Law in a Civilian Setting is a regression and not a development of f a Country's Judicial Processes.

@Nesta - (and @Jas is quite clear about this) paying these brigands with their own coin is extremely easy. Unfortunately it is also too expedient. Not matter that it is damnably slow and frustrating, it is the ONLY way. To handle this. We cannot relate with each other from expediency. And expect to grow as a Nation of Laws. And law-abiding Wenyeinchi! My first experience in Combat School of a hostile interrogation "behind enemy lines" took months to purge the raw terror of the experience. It still remains the most dreaded part of periodically mandatory simulations in the SOF-Com. Wouldn't want this sort institutionalized in Civilian justice jurisdiction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 18:17

[quote="mogen@ON used up all your hunting licences?[quote]

Hahaha!! I'm R&R and debrief. Quota is wide open, dude. No limits - get 'em before they get across to wreck the homeland. Remember that fully-paid-by-UNSC "live classroom" @Risasi was talking about a while ago? Might as well make the most of it, hey?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 18:35

HokumA wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:I'm assuming here that you've never been subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques and that ole Nkarei's discourse on due process is totally lost on you.
Sometimes people have difficulties acknowledging the priceless value of common sense, in such cases it becomes our responsibility to remind them. Due process is good when we detect the existences of civil reasoning but absence of order. But when civil reasoning and order are confirmed to be missing then we send in the GSU and other enforcers who have the skillset required to underpin the importance of such. Just to be clear I am for absolute enforcement of order and good behavior preferably through due process but never ruling out enhanced interrogation with WBT been my preferred card in the deck.
That' why I love this forum - you learn something new every day.
Thanks, HokumA, for explaining when it's OK to use torture as a means of extracting information and when it's common sense for a state to sanction it. Those wackos at ICC and most of the rest of the world must be living in fantasy-land.
I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Tue Oct 16 2012, 18:36

Torture?? Hell no! That shortsighted tactic would bring more problems than it solves. MRC are really not that difficult to counter with good intel. What I find of interest is that the usual suspects can revive such feelings of disenfranchisement with such ease.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:19

Vitruvian wrote:
HokumA wrote:

That' why I love this forum - you learn something new every day.
Thanks, HokumA, for explaining when it's OK to use torture as a means of extracting information and when it's common sense for a state to sanction it. Those wackos at ICC and most of the rest of the world must be living in fantasy-land.
I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

You are a liberal and I respect your liberal views I really do but I would like to hear your views on OLN.I will present you with two options;

1. Send 2,000 Men and Women (Sea, Air and land asset which cost billions to operate) to enforce civil reasoning and order among the Kebaabs and the greater lawless Somalia or.
  2. Send 2,000 conflict resolution experts (we are shorthanded there) to try
    and explain to the Kebaabs that peace suits all of us (will cost
    nothing as compared to option 1 and might save more lives)
Torture like war is a means of averting more loses human or otherwise not an end. You don’t torture for the sake of Torturing you do so to gather Intel which you should verify independently or through other parties and then act accordingly.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next