THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+38
Mbaine
Kepler-Euler
UncleBoni
mekatilili
aggressor one
Fabrizio
mwepesi
mambotupu
tempest
vince
MWAURA
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Ole Sidai
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
livefire
MOOZALENDO
timoh
Balozi
chui
areba
Al Bashir
SS Jamuhuri
Analyst
Batian
jasiri
kimiti
Sierra Kilo
Flying Crane
Spartan
mbs
Observer
countersniper
cylon
Risasi
Olekoima
mogen
42 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  aggressor one Sat Jul 21 2012, 11:28

Kenya, according to a story in the Wall Street Journal is set to receive 8 Raven drones, similar to those that Uganda got from the US.

Here is the link. http://in2eastafrica.net/u-s-to-provide-kenya-with-drones-to-fight-militants/

In addition to the Ravens, all forces contributing countries in Somalia will receive other assistance including rifles.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sat Jul 21 2012, 11:47

Now this is a call for debate, of the various APCs deployed by AMISOM in Somalia, which is the best in terms of survival and safety against Al shabaab attacks. Ugandan AMISOM forces have got Gilas, Mambas (RG-31s) Caspirs and BRDMs. Kenya has Pumas and Panhards plus the light armored HUMVEES.

My experience among the Ugandan APC drivers is that almost every vehicle in theatre has been hit before by at least an RPG, but most of them survived.

The other question is why is it that Ugandan APCs carry three guns on top while similar Kenyan APCs carry just one? My personal feeling is that having three machine guns gives the truck more fire power.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Jul 21 2012, 13:16

aggressor one wrote:Now this is a call for debate, of the various APCs deployed by AMISOM in Somalia, which is the best in terms of survival and safety against Al shabaab attacks. Ugandan AMISOM forces have got Gilas, Mambas (RG-31s) Caspirs and BRDMs. Kenya has Pumas and Panhards plus the light armored HUMVEES.

My experience among the Ugandan APC drivers is that almost every vehicle in theatre has been hit before by at least an RPG, but most of them survived.

The other question is why is it that Ugandan APCs carry three guns on top while similar Kenyan APCs carry just one? My personal feeling is that having three machine guns gives the truck more fire power.

Also depends on if the guns are of equal size or some are smaller.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty China Gets Combat Experience In Africa

Post  Olekoima Sat Jul 21 2012, 17:39

An interesting article, read on:-

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20120720.aspx
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mashaa Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:46

Olekoima wrote:An interesting article, read on:-

[url=http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20120720.aspx
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20120720.aspx[/quote[/url]]

yep very informative & intresting indeed.

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty Sammy wants to Kill LAPSSET Dead!!!

Post  Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:24

A visiting American trade delegation has argued that it is more important to fix non-tariff trade barriers than to build the new Lamu port. A report by the United States International Trade Commission says the Lamu port will do little to enhance the trade efficiency in East Africa.

Sammy is finally now making clear his long poorly-hidden intentions to stop LAPSSET.

The Trade Matrix Sammy is jumping about on - non-tariff regimen in the EAC, ignore our very clear Historical realities of past integration, and assumes the nonexistence of all the slow and painstaking processes on-going for years to addresses these conclusively -i.e wTZ will not jump into a Unitary Regimen without careful preparation of their Populations, while other Countries fears are a facet of history and cannot be ignored.

Moreover, LAPSSET appeals to DRC, Congo Brazaville, South Sudan, Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea, West Africa, all of whom are presently outside the Non-Tariff Regiment Sammy is harping about!

Even more so, is that LAPSSET is Kenyana's Ticket out of bottomless pit of enslavement (by Sammy and Johnny)- gifted by integration of Trade and Development with China, India, Singapore, Vietnam, Koreas, Hongkong, Brazil, Middle East, Afganistan, Japan, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Jul 22 2012, 09:53

ole Nkarei wrote:
A visiting American trade delegation has argued that it is more important to fix non-tariff trade barriers than to build the new Lamu port. A report by the United States International Trade Commission says the Lamu port will do little to enhance the trade efficiency in East Africa.

Sammy is finally now making clear his long poorly-hidden intentions to stop LAPSSET.

The Trade Matrix Sammy is jumping about on - non-tariff regimen in the EAC, ignore our very clear Historical realities of past integration, and assumes the nonexistence of all the slow and painstaking processes on-going for years to addresses these conclusively -i.e wTZ will not jump into a Unitary Regimen without careful preparation of their Populations, while other Countries fears are a facet of history and cannot be ignored.

Moreover, LAPSSET appeals to DRC, Congo Brazaville, South Sudan, Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea, West Africa, all of whom are presently outside the Non-Tariff Regiment Sammy is harping about!

Even more so, is that LAPSSET is Kenyana's Ticket out of bottomless pit of enslavement (by Sammy and Johnny)- gifted by integration of Trade and Development with China, India, Singapore, Vietnam, Koreas, Hongkong, Brazil, Middle East, Afganistan, Japan, etc..

When Uganda wanted to build the just concluded 250MW Bujagali Dam in the late 1990s, the west and IMF said we would have "too much electricity". Till then it had never occurred to us that a country could have too much electricity! They sabotaged the dam in collusion with so-called environmentalists. Now we are begining to build the 600MW Karuma Dam but you will be surprised at the noises coming out of the West. I hear "the Uganda government disregarded the IMF's 'freely given advice', mara the dam can not generate 600MW, the Chinese are exaggerating.

One thing we learnt is that for strategic infrastructural projects, we will not depend on the finance and 'advice' of the Bretton Woods institutions. In the case of Bujagali Dam, we had enough time to mull over their advice during the power blackouts we got over the last decade.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sun Jul 22 2012, 10:35

I remember there was a time UG was self sufficeint in terms of local energy production and sustenance of which they could and had excess megawattage from the super-owen falls. What has happened of late? Sammy's effort is futile. I do not see any type of UN ratification or picketing from tame NGO offsprings that will prevent the LAPPSET project
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Jul 22 2012, 13:32

Forget the west. They risk becoming irrelevant:-

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2012/07/there-is-no-stopping-china-africa-investments/
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Sun Jul 22 2012, 15:18

Olekoima wrote:
aggressor one wrote:Now this is a call for debate, of the various APCs deployed by AMISOM in Somalia, which is the best in terms of survival and safety against Al shabaab attacks. Ugandan AMISOM forces have got Gilas, Mambas (RG-31s) Caspirs and BRDMs. Kenya has Pumas and Panhards plus the light armored HUMVEES.

Also depends on if the guns are of equal size or some are smaller.

A typical Ugandan Caspir, Gila or Mamba has a 12.5mm Machine Gun, a 7.5mm PK Light Machine gun and in many cases a 20mm cannon. If there is no 20mm, then it carries two 12.5mm and a 7.5mm PK. The fire power released by this arsenal is simply awesome. I have been 'unfortunate' to sit in one of these hulks when these guns are banging away.....

On the Kenyan APCs however, there is only the 12.5mm.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 23 2012, 11:27

August minus 1 week.
All Quiet on the Eastern Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:03

Vitruvian wrote:August minus 1 week.

@Vitruvian
Methinks, there is something afoot. The eerie silence of the uniforms on the forum speaks volumes about the theatre.
Most of them are probably too busy to get a minute for the forum. But who knows it might happen tonight, tomorrow or August 1 + or - day/week... No doubt they will not tell anyone when they move in. That's probably why we are seeing zipped lips. Hiyo pia sawa. Ngojea, ndugu. reading the article below I've no doubt those AMISOM guys in theatre are equal for the job in their hands.

I hear, Kismayo Elders warned alshabab against putting weapons on rooftops and fighting in the town. Al shabab most likely to withdraw.

Kenyan Commandos
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htsf/articles/20111123.aspx

Last edited by mogen on Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:11; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:11

Kismayo will be overrun in one week, in time for the August 20 Somali transition expiry date, I am hopeful about that. The Shabaab lost its will to fight. Plus, when and how to attack is now an AMISOM say-so, KDF's hands may be tied in this one.

@ Mogen, I agree with you. The silence in all sectors is very 'loud'
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Jul 23 2012, 13:23

Spartan wrote:

Kismayo will be overrun in one week, in time for the August 20 Somali transition expiry date, I am hopeful about that. The Shabaab lost its will to fight. Plus, when and how to attack is now an AMISOM say-so, KDF's hands may be tied in this one.

@ Mogen, I agree with you. The silence in all sectors is very 'loud'

@Sparta man
Agreed. Our uniforms are eerily silent but we can excuse them as we wait.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Jul 23 2012, 17:14

I believe the take down of Kismayo would be around somewhere this week or next week as the world shifts its attention to London Amisom forces will storm Kismayo... I could be wrong but there is no harm in guessing

Last edited by cylon on Wed Jul 25 2012, 05:20; edited 1 time in total
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Jul 23 2012, 20:45

I BELIEVE three things may happen during the week at the start of the Olympics,

1--Kismayu will be attacked by AMISOM
2--SYRIA asad may either fall or hit back to crush rebels
3--ISRAEL may carry out strikes against suspected Iranian nuclear sites

Remember the last time we had the Olympics? George Bush turned a blind eye as Georgia greenhorn president Sakashvilli attacked the russian enclave of Ossetia.
The Russians hit back and within 13 hours were almost taking the capital TBILISI propmting Bush to ask Putin to stop the assault.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:51

countersniper wrote:

Remember the last time we had the Olympics? George Bush turned a blind eye as Georgia greenhorn president Sakashvilli attacked the russian enclave of Ossetia.
The Russians hit back and within 13 hours were almost taking the capital TBILISI propmting Bush to ask Putin to stop the assault.

I remember that, Putin swore that he wanted to hang that bastard, when Sarkozy told him that he couldn't, he was like, " Bush hanged Saddam, Why shouldn't I?" Sarkozy just replied, "Look where Bush is now."
I guess the French are good at something sometimes.
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Jul 24 2012, 03:49

Al Shabaab : beaten but not finished.

Lately executed three of their own member on suspicion of spying for CIA & MI6
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 As_org10
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:35

What was our level of involvement in each one of these nations. And when
you talk about us exterminating Rwandese killing machines, are you
talking about killing them or expelling them Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Icon_e_confused ?

Nestaman!

Your post has made me laugh. Ati expelling them?

Can expelling them make them not return here again? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:20

rwigi wrote:
What was our level of involvement in each one of these nations. And when
you talk about us exterminating Rwandese killing machines, are you
talking about killing them or expelling them Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Icon_e_confused ?

Nestaman!

Your post has made me laugh. Ati expelling them?

Can expelling them make them not return here again? Suspect

@rwigi
you know that question went unanswered for good reasons. Ama? In fact, speakers of corrupted English [aka Pidgin English] call such kind of questioning/asking 'try im tasol'. @Nestaman knows.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Jul 24 2012, 14:12

Actually, there has has been some action.

Radio Shabelle - An independent radio station
Four al-Shabaab militants were killed and large cache of weapons and communications equipment recovered as the TFG security forces supported by AMISOM troops attacked a camp for Al‐Qaeda affiliated extremists in southern Somalia on Monday morning. The operation involved troops from AMISOM’s Kenyan contingent and targeted an al-Shabaab camp in Tarako village in Gedo region. Eleven AK47 rifles with 550 rounds 7.62mm), 2 PKM guns with 60 rounds of ammunition, 2 Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPG) with 10 shells and 2 hand held radios were recovered.
Acting AMISOM Force Commander, Brig. Gen. Audace Nduwumunsi, said the raid was part of AMISOM’s continuing effort to degrade the extremists’ ability to terrorize the civilian population.

Methinks, the fall of Kismayo will be spectacular :-: In fact, Jilib, Marka & Kismayo may all fall in one massive hit.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:37

Our destiny lies right infront of us. We either seize it or miss it for a very long time. Our children will then one day question what we were doing when opportunity beckoned.

We can not be beggars forever. This is our time for self actualization. Sammy n Johnny are busy trying to safeguard the future of their children what should we do? Let not our children feel disenfranchised and disadvantaged the way many of us have grown up doubting our abilities and thinking the West will solve all our problems. Only God and Africans themselves will solve our problems.

We not only need LAPSSET but we need the MITs, Harvards and Yales, Sandhursts (if not better), German Autobahns, etc of Africa. It is time we got into the ship and sailed to our destiny. As Africans.

I like the challenges of playing in the big league. We will outgrow them and become better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mbaine Tue Jul 24 2012, 18:32

rwigi wrote:

Our destiny lies right infront of us. We either seize it or miss it for a very long time. Our children will then one day question what we were doing when opportunity beckoned.

We can not be beggars forever. This is our time for self actualization. Sammy n Johnny are busy trying to safeguard the future of their children what should we do? Let not our children feel disenfranchised and disadvantaged the way many of us have grown up doubting our abilities and thinking the West will solve all our problems. Only God and Africans themselves will solve our problems.

We not only need LAPSSET but we need the MITs, Harvards and Yales, Sandhursts (if not better), German Autobahns, etc of Africa. It is time we got into the ship and sailed to our destiny. As Africans.

I like the challenges of playing in the big league. We will outgrow them and become better.

Couldn't agree more, I believe that Kenyans' prominence in African and international settings bears witness to just how far we can go if we can harness our potential both geo-politically and now economically. Kenya is blessed to have location and relevant fast moving product, plus the workforce is awesome. If only we can get our ducks in a line.
That being said the threats within are as severe as those from without and this complex matrix needs a wholehearted re-evaluation by our leaders in all sectors. That our respective strengths are played up is imperative as opposed to the derogatory vitriolic sentiments commonly spewed out by our leaders especially political. The gaps between between our various communities as well as the glaring economic disparities need to be bridged if we are to actualise our potential. Kenyan of all groupings need to receive access to the national pie and feel that they are doing so unfettered if we are to mitigate somewhat the long running inter tribal angst and the secessionist waves we periodically experience...A hungry man is an angry man.
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Tue Jul 24 2012, 20:30

Rwigi! You have hit the nail on the head!

AzKahia wrote:
rwigi wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I believe that Kenyans' prominence in African and international settings bears witness to just how far we can go if we can harness our potential both geo-politically and now economically. Kenya is blessed to have location and relevant fast moving product, plus the workforce is awesome. If only we can get our ducks in a line.
That being said the threats within are as severe as those from without and this complex matrix needs a wholehearted re-evaluation by our leaders in all sectors. That our respective strengths are played up is imperative as opposed to the derogatory vitriolic sentiments commonly spewed out by our leaders especially political. The gaps between between our various communities as well as the glaring economic disparities need to be bridged if we are to actualise our potential. Kenyan of all groupings need to receive access to the national pie and feel that they are doing so unfettered if we are to mitigate somewhat the long running inter tribal angst and the secessionist waves we periodically experience...A hungry man is an angry man.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty The European Coup in Libya perfected in Syria by the Americans.

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 20:34

There is a new game in Town, and none of us is safe from it. It is called '' Country-take-over-from-Dictators'' and the players are the same - Western Intelligence Agencies with their Special Forces in tow. An incremental induced breakdown of Social Order under the guise of Freedom Fighting against despotic rulers, gradually accelerating into an all-or-nothing civil war. We have seen it evolve with deadly results before our eyes in Syria. Very Saddening, and Maddening too. Is Libya any better now without Gaddafi? What of Iraqi twenty years after Gulf War One? Afghanistan is more democratic than Ghana, or Zimbabwe? Watching the events in Syria fills me with frustrated fury and fear that Western Interest can so easily dismantle as complex and advance a third world Country so effortlessly and with such little International condemnation. Indeed it is as if the only human beings on this planet are the Caucasian–type. How easy it would be to replicate this anywhere in Kenyana! The Motivation is there enough in our Mineral Resources.

Not even the half-hearted protests by China and Russia have had tangible effects, beyond delaying what does appear inevitable, what with the capricious Arabs coalescing around UAE happily applauding the Western efforts in their zeal to be more European than the Europeans themselves. I have no doubt that world is slowly gravitating /coalescing into two blocks such as in the Cold War period, fearful of this unbridled Western greed - with Russian and the BRICS on one side with the rest of us, counter-weighted by the NATO/American constellation. Though this will clarify international issues, it will make more dangerous all disagreements.

M7 is dead right, that these ‘’software’’ solutions being forced down our throats were never intended by the West to be emancipating reagents of the African People from Western Servitude and Slavery, and that we need anyone who pretends to be our friend is simply to assist Africans with tangible ‘’Hardware’’ solutions such as in Infrasture, Industries, Medical Health, Education, Trade, etc.

We in Kenyana need to be very careful, now, coz the Syria Theatre seems to be winding down, and it appears that attention will inevitably turn towards this Theatre so rich with newly announced Hydrocarbons and a thriving spirit of enlarged Markets for growth.

''Clever like the Serpents', the good Book says!!

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:06

ole Nkarei wrote: ... ... Watching the events in Syria fills me with frustrated fury and fear that Western Interest can so easily dismantle as complex and advance a third world Country so effortlessly and with such little International condemnation. ... ...

I share you frustration! ... .... I am shocked too although I ask myself if things like these should still surprise me! It is sad. I wish African can unite and we struggle united and as one to advance our people! It hurts
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Jul 25 2012, 02:29

The Southern/Eastern front is certainly not quiet

..Former AMISOM spokesman Major Paddy Ankunda revealed a comprehensive plan to take over Kismayo so that aid can be distributed and residents can lead a normal life.

Ankunda told reporters in Mogadishu that people will soon hear good news about Kismayo.

http://sabahionline.com/en_GB/articles/hoa/articles/features/2012/07/24/feature-02
http://sabahionline.com/en_GB/articles/hoa/articles/features/2012/07/23/feature-01

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Jul 25 2012, 05:26

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Army+chiefs+plot+attack+on+Kismayu/-/1056/1462730/-/fjk40hz/-/index.html

Top commanders of the reshaped African Union Mission in Somalia
(Amisom) have been meeting in Nairobi to approve war plans for a massive
air, land and sea assault on Kismayu, the last stronghold of Somali
terrorist group, Al-Shabaab.

The Nairobi meeting at the weekend was followed by another of regional army chiefs on Monday in Addis Ababa.

But as war plans were being made, the United
Nations issued a report warning that an Al-Shabaab support network based
in Nairobi “has continued to operate from Kenya with relative freedom”
as it plans terror attacks inside Kenya.

Field commanders from the Kenya, Uganda and Burundi
contingents presented to the Amisom central command on Saturday at the
Department of Defence in Nairobi the final plans to capture Kismayu from
Al-Qaeda backed Somali militants.

Military sources told the Nation that the
plan later presented to all regional army chiefs — of Kenya, Uganda,
Burundi, Ethiopia and Djbouti in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa on
Monday — includes use of air and naval strikes to back up the ground
troops. The commanders are due for a series of meeting in Nairobi this
week to finalise the plans, military sources told the Nation on Tuesday.

The Saturday meeting at the Department of Defence
headquarters, Nairobi, was attended by Maj Gen S.N. Karanja, Kenya Air
Force commander, Maj-Gen Jeffo Otieno, Military Intelligence Corp boss,
Maj-Gen Peter Kameru, all from Kenya, Burundi’s Brig Gen Audace
Nduwumunsi, officers from the Ugandan Air Force. Field commanders of
Kenyan forces in Somalia and officers commanding the Ugandan contingent
in Mogadishu made presentations.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Jul 25 2012, 05:30

mogen wrote:The Southern/Eastern front is certainly not quiet

..Former AMISOM spokesman Major Paddy Ankunda revealed a comprehensive plan to take over Kismayo so that aid can be distributed and residents can lead a normal life.

Ankunda told reporters in Mogadishu that people will soon hear good news about Kismayo.

http://sabahionline.com/en_GB/articles/hoa/articles/features/2012/07/24/feature-02
http://sabahionline.com/en_GB/articles/hoa/articles/features/2012/07/23/feature-01

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Wed Jul 25 2012, 08:39

sorry for my slight veering off from topic, but could someone mind making a clarification about the various types of uniforms worn by soldiers in the kenya army and the various circumstances that they wear these uniforms... i was arguing with a pal of mine and i simply needed a clarification...
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next