THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 10 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Mbaine Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:04

cylon wrote:
Nesta wrote:They were "captured" by the alshabaab

http://boramanews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2264&catid=34&Itemid=53

Damn that is a shame if that is all the equipment they recovered from just robbing a supply truck( looks like they got them selves one of those mounted Howitzers). They even have our radio equipment( can they monitor our radio signals???) Looks they also recovered some manpads... Again its a damn shame we lost this equipment made them just a bit stronger

@ The blue ON twitter is Ole Nakeri

The truck doesnt look Kenyan, we do use PK machine guns but truck ain't got our cammo. Probably an Al-kebab attempt at boosting morale , and scoring in the propaganda war.
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:58

Analyst wrote:Guys...i cant believe this.....would you expect a whole truck to be taken without KDF helicopters trailing it seiously?

Where are the number plates KA 34 ETC?

Why would KDF have MANPADS?....Does Al-Shabaab have an airforce or helicopters to shoot down?

That truck...does KDF use Bedford? They use Steyer and Leyland trucks.

What about those Motorola Radios?......

The Al-Shabaab is good at propaganda.
It requires a hawk eye and a well informed security expert to verify this stage managed Al-Kebab nonsense

This is definitely TFG or Ras-kamboni equipment, not Kenyan. Bearing in mind that KDF is fighting alongside RKB and TFG and is speculated to have helped in training and equipping them, some of the equipment might be of Kenyan origin.
- The truck, c'mon man!
- KDF in theatre are not equipped with AK-47's. They have G-3's and AR-15's/M4 carbines
- KDF in Somalia are equipped with the Negev SAW. The PKM's are standard issue within the numerous militia and TFG. In picture number 5
there appears to be 1 NEGEV( the one of the foreground with a collapsible stock) This is most likely KDF's.
- I see no MANPADS in the pictures, only RPG-7's and 1 heavy canon( no clue on what type)
- The Radios could be anyone's.
- Just as they displayed the 2k notes I sure AL kebab would have loved to display some KDF ID's. The national ID is easily obtainable by anyone. Lots of Somalis have Kenyan ID's and passports.
- The camelbaks' are what I would consider definitely KDF or of Kenyan origin. This would have been a luxury purchase for the TFG or RKB. These may belong to the MIA and KIA. I count 5 in the pictures which coincidentally corresponds to the numbers cited by the tweeting Major.
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Fri Sep 07 2012, 00:05

Bashir.....Quite on spot buddy!

This is definitely TFG or Ras-kamboni equipment, not Kenyan. Bearing in mind that KDF is fighting alongside RKB and TFG and is speculated to have helped in training and equipping them, some of the equipment might be of Kenyan origin.
- The truck, c'mon man!
- KDF in theatre are not equipped with AK-47's. They have G-3's and AR-15's/M4 carbines
- KDF in Somalia are equipped with the Negev SAW. The PKM's are standard issue within the numerous militia and TFG. In picture number 5
there appears to be 1 NEGEV( the one of the foreground with a collapsible stock) This is most likely KDF's.
- I see no MANPADS in the pictures, only RPG-7's and 1 heavy canon( no clue on what type)
- The Radios could be anyone's.
- Just as they displayed the 2k notes I sure AL kebab would have loved to display some KDF ID's. The national ID is easily obtainable by anyone. Lots of Somalis have Kenyan ID's and passports.
- The camelbaks' are what I would consider definitely KDF or of Kenyan origin. This would have been a luxury purchase for the TFG or RKB. These may belong to the MIA and KIA. I count 5 in the pictures which coincidentally corresponds to the numbers cited by the tweeting Major.[/quote]

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Sep 07 2012, 00:30

Analyst wrote:Guys...i cant believe this.....would you expect a whole truck to be taken without KDF helicopters trailing it seiously?

Where are the number plates KA 34 ETC?

Why would KDF have MANPADS?....Does Al-Shabaab have an airforce or helicopters to shoot down?

That truck...does KDF use Bedford? They use Steyer and Leyland trucks.

What about those Motorola Radios?......

The Al-Shabaab is good at propaganda.
It requires a hawk eye and a well informed security expert to verify this stage managed Al-Kebab nonsense

What the hell are those green canisters
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Sep 07 2012, 02:19

Al Bashir wrote:
- The camelbaks' are what I would consider definitely KDF or of Kenyan origin. This would have been a luxury purchase for the TFG or RKB. These may belong to the MIA and KIA. I count 5 in the pictures which coincidentally corresponds to the numbers cited by the tweeting Major.

Agreed. They are 5 and definitely Kenyan. The story in today's Nation attributed to Col Oguna confirms 5 KIA, 3 bodies recovered.
Follow-up ops down the road to Janay Cabdalla (a suburb of Kismayu) which resulted in large alkebab loses may have been intended to stop the fleeing kebabs and retrieve the rest of our 5 fallen heroes.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1498440/-/y90qfyz/-/index.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Fri Sep 07 2012, 04:12

cylon wrote:
What the hell are those green canisters

Those are round canisters. RPG or motar cases.
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Fri Sep 07 2012, 07:28

mogen wrote:
Al Bashir wrote:

Agreed. They are 5 and definitely Kenyan. The story in today's Nation attributed to Col Oguna confirms 5 KIA, 3 bodies recovered.
Follow-up ops down the road to Janay Cabdalla (a suburb of Kismayu) which resulted in large alkebab loses may have been intended to stop the fleeing kebabs and retrieve the rest of our 5 fallen heroes.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1498440/-/y90qfyz/-/index.html

This is definately hardware from the TFG or RK fighting alongside our boys and gals. To raise morale they have to prove victory over the mighty KDF hence the desperation to parade the hardware and claim its KDF's but even then why show Ak's that every one knows KDF doesn't use? they should fire their "minister of propaganda".
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 10 Empty Clarification on Arsenal Displayed by Al-Shabaab

Post  Analyst Fri Sep 07 2012, 08:44

Guys none of that stuff, particularly the arms is KDF.
See UNICEF docs on display, a rickety Bedford truck (how could it make it from Kahawa to Kismayu?...could have **boiled*** long time..!! hehee

The long gun is a MANPAD, An old model SA-7b class man portable air defense system
The other guns are rocket propelled grenade launchers (by the age, they do not look KDF/TFG, rather very old and over used)
The green cases based on their length and diameter are mortar shells used by artillery units. KDF has the shells inside a big crate which officers manning the gun will not carry on their shoulders.

Al-Shabaab cannot manage to make sense at all. It pure bullshit!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Sep 07 2012, 09:26

Analyst wrote: Al-Shabaab cannot manage to make sense at all. It pure bullshit!!

Very true, Looking at those pictures i can see two Codan RF units (HF Radio) which are for vehicle installations. I have not seen any Codan Equipment on any KDF mobiles and since these are mobile units i would have expected to see a handset and an automatic tuner since obviously if they were dismantled from a vehicle that had working comms then those two are the most conspicous. What this display is, its just a propaganda show put on by dunderheads. All this equipment is AS or a mix of AS and TFG/RK except for the camelbaks which look KDF.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:45

An interesting article here:-
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000065560&story_title=Why-KDF-strategy-is-succeeding-in-crushing-Al-Shabaab
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:51

http://boramanews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2264&catid=34&Itemid=53

Propaganda. When did KDF use Bed Fords? Why would they require anti-aircraft guns to fight a militia devoid of an air force?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Sep 07 2012, 14:32

Olekoima wrote:

Propaganda. When did KDF use Bed Fords? Why would they require anti-aircraft guns to fight a militia devoid of an air force?
if the weaponry were KDF they would have boasted more about the truck and specifically the reg number..but then again the al kebaabs are full of shit,and that's what we're smelling right now

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Sep 07 2012, 15:37

Olekoima wrote:An interesting article here:-
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000065560&story_title=Why-KDF-strategy-is-succeeding-in-crushing-Al-Shabaab
Any article quoting David James (Analysts' buddy) is totally hogwash to me. Kenyan press need to stop being lazy.
Just as they displayed the 2k notes I sure AL kebab would have loved to display some KDF ID's. The national ID is easily obtainable by anyone. Lots of Somalis have Kenyan ID's and passports.
Since when do our soldiers carry national I.D's? I thot the have military I.D's issued to them and the civy ones withhled once they join the Defence Forces?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sat Sep 08 2012, 01:22

[quote="jasiri"]
Olekoima wrote:An interesting article here:-
Any article quoting David James (Analysts' buddy) is totally hogwash to me. Kenyan press need to stop being lazy.

Jasiri.......eish bwana.....kuwa mpole....David James and SIN have been working hard to rally Kenyans to support the uniformed guys.
He has made his mark and the media guys love him...
He is well informed and often makes very good analysis on his trade.

Just a humble view Atta Boy!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Sat Sep 08 2012, 06:49

It's been more than a year since the acquisition of the La Rieuse from the French Navy. Any word on its deployment, armament? new name? Pictures from the handover ceremony seem to indicate that it retained its 20 mm F2 gun which is quite light. No evidence on the 40 mm canon.

http://www.meretmarine.com/objets/500/33882.jpg

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/la-rieuse-officiellement-cedee-la-marine-kenyane
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sat Sep 08 2012, 08:38

Al Bashir wrote:It's been more than a year since the acquisition of the La Rieuse from the French Navy. Any word on its deployment, armament? new name? Pictures from the handover ceremony seem to indicate that it retained its 20 mm F2 gun which is quite light. No evidence on the 40 mm canon.

[url=http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/la-rieuse-officiellement-cedee-la-marine-kenyane
http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/la-rieuse-officiellement-cedee-la-marine-kenyane[/quote[/url]]

The deal must have been like, You buy some Rafale Jets from us and we give you a boat,.....Twisted Evil
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sat Sep 08 2012, 08:54

Congratulations KNS and @Al bashir, that is nice stuff, in comparison to Jasiri, which is more sophisticated
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Sep 08 2012, 13:00

Al Bashir wrote:It's been more than a year since the acquisition of the La Rieuse from the French Navy. Any word on its deployment, armament? new name? Pictures from the handover ceremony seem to indicate that it retained its 20 mm F2 gun which is quite light. No evidence on the 40 mm canon.
http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/la-rieuse-officiellement-cedee-la-marine-kenyane

@Al Bashir

Apparently, La Rieuse the two guns on board. It was christened KNS Harambee II. See pics here:
https://eastafrican.forumotion.com/t5p495-kenya-defence-force

"..... Armament includes a 40 mm gun, 20 mm gun and two 7.62 mm machine guns."
Check the article here:
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16134:france-donates-patrol-vessel-to-kenya-to-facilitate-fight-against-piracy&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sat Sep 08 2012, 19:20

cylon wrote:

Damn that is a shame if that is all the equipment they recovered from just robbing a supply truck( looks like they got them selves one of those mounted Howitzers). They even have our radio equipment( can they monitor our radio signals???) Looks they also recovered some manpads... Again its a damn shame we lost this equipment made them just a bit stronger

@ The blue ON twitter is Ole Nakeri

@cyclon take restrain in drawing out your sword. As you can see even without the uniformed men around a fair assessment on the said ordeal has been made.

The equipment is an M84 recoilless rifle. It’s commonly used in “technical pickups”.

The assortment composed of few KDF captured items e.g the Camelbaks and their own (A.S) equipments i.e KE I.D, cash, AK’s, Russia rifle, Radios in order to exaggerate the lot for propaganda sake. gentlemen you should enjoyed the show:lol: Laughing

The five killed and 3KIA /2MIA are two separate incidents

KNS jasiri will get furnished with it’s remain weapons at the Montogwe Dock yard
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 10 Empty karibuni wanajeshi wetu hodari

Post  mashaa Sun Sep 09 2012, 03:23

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 11:28

Hey pals. PM box full. Thanks concern - can't reply all as time short. All is well. Back in little office coupla days, Trying to backtrack on discussions here, dedicated Net and little free time earlier - but, damn, you fellows have been busy here! Great thing - everybody engaged in the "Effort" including SIN et al. Has, cut @Analyst some slack, buddy!

Kismaayu - some insidious politicos in Zoomsliya have delayed political consensus hoping KDF takes down Kismaayu before consensus is reached. This will tilt the precarious balance now in play and alter the evolving dynamics. So, we maintain that the Way effort be in Tandem with the politico effort. Monday they vote for President and if there is no immediate fall-out resultant, we take kismaayu by Friday same week.

KIA / MIA - you know Africans don't count their Children, dead and alive. Or their wealth. But the count from last week is as given here by Mjeshi Moja. Those two boys in Kismaayu have been more than adequately avenged - nearly a battalion size AS neutered in both engagements last week. They were not going around villages warning people - dammit, that is done by other methods. An advance Recon unit of the Strike-Force who ran into a carefully prepped ambush - happens sometimes to the best. OLN has created 22 posthumous Heroes in total. Compare that to the thousands AS enjoying their Seven Virgins now! Let us take pride of ourselves - it is merited.

Meantime, Johnny is lighting fires all over the Sudan-GoSS border. Darfur is ablaze again without reason. The Tall Man has pulled out of serious talks with Kabila under Great Lakes Summit - after meeting Johnny and securing resumption of EU budgetary support! The Pyntland Oil find now declared a Mirage. Kenya Coastal riots - you know where Colonial Government Functionaries resettled in Kenya after Independence? Tanzania and Malawi! It is time we all removed this stupid blinkers we wear that blinds us to these endless machinations of Johnny and Sammy in Kenyana.

Touch base later.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 10 Empty Welcome home KDF heroes and heroines

Post  mogen Sun Sep 09 2012, 14:54

Kudos and welcome home. Ngoja Kamanda atoe amri kesho kituo kitakuwa wapi.

TRAIN HARD, FIGHT EASY, MAN TO MAN I'M THE BEST!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ64nFcGiMw&feature=share&list=UUKVsdeoHExltrWMuK0hOWmg

Last edited by mogen on Mon Sep 10 2012, 04:37; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Sun Sep 09 2012, 19:33

Karibuni nyumbani

@mmjesi I google the M-84 recoilless as you suggest to be the tublar weapon shown on the captures assortment and it took it to the Carl Gustav. So are you referring it as new or old type of Carl gustav recoilless?
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 10 2012, 11:16

Ole Nkarei, elaborate more
@Risasi - your new rides are raising more than "afterburners thunder" up north. If there is a fall in Camel birthrates next year, we will be in real sheit man! Heheha

And we Strike Gas off Malindi! This is very welcome news. Some times back, someone on this pages told me at the Chronicles that we have oil in North Eastern, Nyanza n off the Coast hence the need for the M.V Faina cargo. I thought he was on crack, hehehe, very glad to be proven wrong.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 10 2012, 11:48

Unlike me, if u understand Russian the video becomes even better.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Mon Sep 10 2012, 11:51

Its been a while! I've just spent a week going over posts I missed and have held off asking so as not to derail the thread but WTF is this nigga saying:

Human Rights Watch reported on August 23 that three civilians — a
pregnant woman and two boys aged 11 and 15 — were killed “apparently
from shells fired by the Kenyan vessel” on August 11.

The spokesman for Kenya’s armed forces acknowledged
that a Kenyan ship had fired four shells at what he said was an
Al-Shabaab anti-aircraft position on the Kismayu jetty, Human Rights
Watch reported.
4 20MM shells killed some civilians near a legitimate ALS target and his PR guy wants to crucify the KDF!? How about when the Ethiopians invaded;how many died-an example is when they killed 15 after one of their trucks hit a landmine in their Baidoa incursion earlier this year? Or when the Ugandans reportedly engaged in artillery duels in Mog?
Btw,mjeshi mmoja,kindly fill us in on some navy info,if you please. I think it was you who said the KN were slated to get an ex-Med frigate in place of the Jasiri. Is that plan still on track? Will the navy continue purchasing the French p-400s for inshore duty? Will they also get more Jasiri type OPVs or upgrade to Chinese F22 type frigates which are chopper capable?
Exactly who claimed the KNS Jasiri was rejected cause it had 'rust underneath'? I specifically recall that statement-or was it planted in the media along with reports that it had been scrapped/sold to Sri lanka/Nigeria?

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 10 2012, 11:59

Chinese F22 type frigates
ad rather go for the type 54. more stealthy and modern, heck a VLS is way better than bow mounted AA missiles. The cost is almost similar anyway.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 10 Empty 8 policemen killed as Tana death toll rises to 40

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 10 2012, 13:52

This cannot be left to continue.
kenya security organs are not taking this threat very serious.if vilagers can organize a raid of such magnitude ..and kill security officers? where was the inteligence? why post armed police in such an area without adequat plans to back up the security ?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/8+policemen+killed+as+Tana+death+toll+rises+to+40+/-/1056/1501468/-/o8ojn5/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10 2012, 14:51

jasiri wrote:Ole Nkarei, elaborate more
@Risasi - your new rides are raising more than "afterburners thunder" up north. If there is a fall in Camel birthrates next year, we will be in real sheit man! Heheha

And we Strike Gas off Malindi! This is very welcome news. Some times back, someone on this pages told me at the Chronicles that we have oil in North Eastern, Nyanza n off the Coast hence the need for the M.V Faina cargo. I thought he was on crack, hehehe, very glad to be proven wrong.

My bad, Jas. But I wasnrt breaking National Security telling you what any Uniform ever stationed in NFD knew. Nor what Johnny and Sammy hadn't known for decades. We were destined to be their Strategic Reserves never to come On-Stream before the Saudi Sands expired around 2055! M7 broke that crucible with the Albertine Discoveries, thank God!

As for "flighty birds cracking the Sonic over Northern Skies - can't keep it hidden forever. Wee ngoja tub kidogo.

@Mwaura - back safely, eh? Questions that these American led Egos and the UN Agency led by Sammy are not surprising nor unexpected. How many civilians died in libya under EU/American bombs and bullets? Did you read any official censure from these American busybodies? Are the hundred of thousand Iraqis dead all combatants? And how much righteous anger is expressed at the daily slaughter of civilian afghans? The fact is that OLN is mire than a expeditionary incursion into Zoomaliya. KDF is "Rogue" in the sense that neither Sammy nor Johnny control it in Zoomaliya. And as long as Alkeebab shields behind the Civilian Population, collateral statistics will accrue.

@Countersniper - first of all, if Kenyans deliberately determine to slaughter each other, no police force will stop them. this is a political issue which policing has no answers to. County Governance rears both the "good" with the "bad and ugly" And our Police force is clearly uncertain how to " police" in situations of social crisis in the new constitutional realities - Command is needlessly wary and skittish.

As concerns deploying the Military in Tana River? After the fallout from the successful and near-clinical anti- SDLF in Elgon? NEVER, I suspect!

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 10 2012, 15:25

it defies logic to send just 8 policemen in a volatile area.
they need a full company of at least 120 armed GSU men with a full compliment of equipment to carry out the job of policing these murderous tribes hell bent on avenging each death from each side..
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next