THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 11 2012, 08:36

Seems that KDF and OLN in general has been a Good influence…..”France” of our region (TZ) has stop sitting on the fence and is planning a similar Ops like OLN. Intel has it that Tz wants to mount an Operation into Zaire/Congo to pacify the Country too.
ON fill us with that info. the Great lakes is your area of operation.
I wouldn’t mind getting words from Spartan, crane, aggressor 1.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue Sep 11 2012, 08:59

@balozi I meant the M18 recoilless rifle http://world.guns.ru/grenade/usa/m1-recoilless-rifle-e.html
@several insertion from high seas using rubber dinghies into areas of interest.
@blog ....GAME OVER. a new and dedicated Kid on the block. He fit perfect in the puzzle.
Mr.Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, the new president, legislator and a business man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan_Sheikh_Mohamoud
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Al Shabaab determined to defend Kismayu, lakini....

Post  mogen Tue Sep 11 2012, 09:43

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@balozi I meant the M18 recoilless rifle http://world.guns.ru/grenade/usa/m1-recoilless-rifle-e.html
@several insertion from high seas using rubber dinghies into areas of interest.
@blog ....GAME OVER. a new and dedicated Kid on the block. He fit perfect in the puzzle.
Mr.Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, the new president, legislator and a business man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan_Sheikh_Mohamoud

@mJeshi mMoja
The unanimous election of Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud is a game changer indeed. And now the sights are firmly on this beautiful seaside city:

Kismayo - overview
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Kismay10

Kismayo Airport - where the alkebabs dug trenches in May 20112 awaiting for the KDF. Wamengojea saaana.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Kismaa10

Sunday 6 May 2012 17:32 Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print
In pictures: Al shabab rebels dig defensive positions inside Kismayu airport

Kismayo Airport-:Al-Shabaab militants-affiliated with Al Qaeda have (on Sunday) began, setting up new defensive positions, including digging trenches and placing snipers atop tall buildings of Somalia’s southern port town of Kismayo after changing its name...
http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/pictures_al_shabab_rebels_dig_defensive_positions_inside_kismayu_airport_en/

Last edited by mogen on Tue Sep 11 2012, 10:17; edited 2 times in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 09:56

More than a Company of GSU and two Platoons of RDU plus normal AP and GD Police were deployed before this incident. But coz there were no "collectvized" habitation in that expansive area, this force was kidogo thinly dispersed to cover as wide swathed as possible - remember that a political process was taking root and showing good signss of progress.

But before this incident then, any robust police action against the two groups and their Militias would have simply fueled the divisions and tensions in the region - without a political initiative of substantial depth. Now, withbthebkilling of those policemen, justification for proactive and pre-emptive posturing by RDU and GSU have realized - and another smear campaign against our Police Force aa was in the case of 22paras in Mt Elgon.

It is clear now that the new Constitution will have a bloody childbirth phase.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Sep 11 2012, 10:44

Risasi wrote:Seems that KDF and OLN in general has been a Good influence…..”France” of our region (TZ) has stop sitting on the fence and is planning a similar Ops like OLN. Intel has it that Tz wants to mount an Operation into Zaire/Congo to pacify the Country too.

There is a saying that when your neighbour's hut is on fire, you don't sit idly by, you help coz you don't know where the wind is going to blow the fire. But 4,000 men in an area bigger than Uganda, lets just wait and see.

But what happens to the 17,000-troop MONUSCO operation. I say the UNSC should wind down the operation and leave the AU to do the job with a leaner force but with a mandate similar to AMISOM like it has demonstrated in Somalia.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 11 2012, 11:25

Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:Seems that KDF and OLN in general has been a Good influence…..”France” of our region (TZ) has stop sitting on the fence and is planning a similar Ops like OLN. Intel has it that Tz wants to mount an Operation into Zaire/Congo to pacify the Country too.

There is a saying that when your neighbour's hut is on fire, you don't sit idly by, you help coz you don't know where the wind is going to blow the fire. But 4,000 men in an area bigger than Uganda, lets just wait and see.

But what happens to the 17,000-troop MONUSCO operation. I say the UNSC should wind down the operation and leave the AU to do the job with a leaner force but with a mandate similar to AMISOM like it has demonstrated in Somalia.

@Spartan….its a good saying… so it’s confirmed 4000TZ boys (I also heard so) plus neighbors for the Congo Ops. Angola to provide air cover….
MONUSCO is more of a peacekeeping force a toothless Dog. The Tz lead force will be an offensive force towards the militias and rebels.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Sep 11 2012, 11:45

Risasi wrote:@Spartan….its a good saying… so it’s confirmed 4000TZ boys (I also heard so) plus neighbors for the Congo Ops. Angola to provide air cover….
MONUSCO is more of a peacekeeping force a toothless Dog. The Tz lead force will be an offensive force towards the militias and rebels.

It's 4,000 troops to be contributed by Angola, Tz, DRC and yes, Kenya. So between AMISOM and DRC, you and ole Nkarei have your work cut out trying to resist all the diamonds and gold you will encounter in your sectors.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 11:58

Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

@Spartan….its a good saying… so it’s confirmed 4000TZ boys (I also heard so) plus neighbors for the Congo Ops. Angola to provide air cover….

DRC invoked a hazy "mutual defense" pact in SADC.. TZ is SADC spearpoint in Kenyana. You know then what's in the hidden cards, folks! Tis what gives the Tall Man, M7 and our Old Man the jitters about this whole concept - they even dragged Kirr by his hairs into last week's meeting! In clear fact, the fissue-line between SADC and EAC-expanded is in the open now...I was the proverbial "fly-in-the-Wall" in both Kampala Meets!

MONUC is finished if the AU force does go into ITURI and KIVU - there cannot be two parallel UNSC sanctioned Armed Formation in same Theatre. But AU is determined to go in with or without UNSC - and that is the big Elephant in the Room - how to demob MONUC without seeming to acknowledge its political and Military failure?!!

If SADC does go in, DRC will forever face "South" - she is the jeweled Tiara that everyone shamelessly pants for. You reckon we should just fold our tents and let the Beers shag us forever? Hell no! Whatever happens in ITURI and KIVU must have the indelible boot-print of EAC-expanded. Like in Zoomaliya.

Though I cannot speak for him, I reckon that is why the Old Man skipped both .sets - he is Chairmaj of the EAC, don't forget.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 11 2012, 12:11

Spartan wrote:
Risasi wrote:@Spartan….its a good saying… so it’s confirmed 4000TZ boys (I also heard so) plus neighbors for the Congo Ops. Angola to provide air cover….

It's 4,000 troops to be contributed by Angola, Tz, DRC and yes, Kenya. So between AMISOM and DRC, you and ole Nkarei have your work cut out trying to resist all the diamonds and gold you will encounter in your sectors.

Hahaha How many pebbles are they on the Ground spartan? Prompts me to switch my flying suit for a DPM smock…O.N has been on that area for sometime he surely will chart a solid map…my source tells me "Tz to contribute the bulk force"
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 11 2012, 12:18

ole Nkarei wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

DRC invoked a hazy "mutual defense" pact in SADC.. TZ is SADC spearpoint in Kenyana. You know then what's in the hidden cards, folks! Tis what gives the Tall Man, M7 and our Old Man the jitters about this whole concept - they even dragged Kirr by his hairs into last week's meeting! In clear fact, the fissue-line between SADC and EAC-expanded is in the open now...I was the proverbial "fly-in-the-Wall" in both Kampala Meets!

MONUC is finished if the AU force does go into ITURI and KIVU - there cannot be two parallel UNSC sanctioned Armed Formation in same Theatre. But AU is determined to go in with or without UNSC - and that is the big Elephant in the Room - how to demob MONUC without seeming to acknowledge its political and Military failure?!!

If SADC does go in, DRC will forever face "South" - she is the jeweled Tiara that everyone shamelessly pants for. You reckon we should just fold our tents and let the Beers shag us forever? Hell no! Whatever happens in ITURI and KIVU must have the indelible boot-print of EAC-expanded. Like in Zoomaliya.

Though I cannot speak for him, I reckon that is why the Old Man skipped both .sets - he is Chairmaj of the EAC, don't forget.

@O.N that explains a lot. Angola a SADC member and TZ a Duel Citizen stake holder. We should turn Congo to observe the east. I feel that Jnr Kabila, is desperate and anyone who knocks his door we be welcomed with both hands.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 12:36

Exactly the thing bro. No presence needed about the divergence of motivation for intervention. Nothing about feel-good african brotherhood. If the Boers get DRC, theyvwill eventually swallow all of Kenyana. The TZ dint care as long as it sticks their grubby finger in Kenya's nose.

BTW, we lost one man s in Lamu this morning. Tough life in Uniform

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 11 2012, 14:34

ole Nkarei wrote:More than a Company of GSU and two Platoons of RDU plus normal AP and GD Police were deployed before this incident. But coz there were no "collectvized" habitation in that expansive area, this force was kidogo thinly dispersed to cover as wide swathed as possible - remember that a political process was taking root and showing good signss of progress.

But before this incident then, any robust police action against the two groups and their Militias would have simply fueled the divisions and tensions in the region - without a political initiative of substantial depth. Now, withbthebkilling of those policemen, justification for proactive and pre-emptive posturing by RDU and GSU have realized - and another smear campaign against our Police Force aa was in the case of 22paras in Mt Elgon.

It is clear now that the new Constitution will have a bloody childbirth phase.

@ole Nkarei

Here is some more trouble for you guys [KDF]. Members of Parliament making moves to facilitate KDF deployment in the troubled Tana Delta. Check the story at:

MPs file motion to deploy KDF to Tana

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politics/Motion+to+deploy+KDF+to+Tana+filed/-/1064/1503920/-/46umqi/-/index.html

Last edited by mogen on Tue Sep 11 2012, 16:13; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Sep 11 2012, 15:17

ole Nkarei wrote:Exactly the thing bro. No presence needed about the divergence of motivation for intervention. Nothing about feel-good african brotherhood. If the Boers get DRC, theyvwill eventually swallow all of Kenyana. The TZ dint care as long as it sticks their grubby finger in Kenya's nose.

BTW, we lost one man s in Lamu this morning. Tough life in Uniform

my sincere condolences. actually three dead including an officer and not one
why did kdf hire a private plane for reconnaissance purposes? shortage of resources or just a clandestine operation gone
wrong?SIN is claiming it was an American military plane?
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000065931&pageNo=1
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:21

[quote="ole Nkarei"][quote="jasiri"]Ole Nkarei, elaborate more
@Risasi - your new rides are raising more than "afterburners thunder" up north. If there is a fall in Camel birthrates next year, we will be in real sheit man! Heheha

As for "flighty birds cracking the Sonic over Northern Skies - can't keep it hidden forever. Wee ngoja tub kidogo.

are these the birds with a 15 or 16 in them..these year for jamhuri day or even mashujaa day a glimpse of the new stuff should be done during the fly-by
@risasi are the new birds squadron strength or squadron is being built up slowly

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mbaine Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:31

jasiri wrote:
Chinese F22 type frigates
ad rather go for the type 54. more stealthy and modern, heck a VLS is way better than bow mounted AA missiles. The cost is almost similar anyway.

Would most definitely be a game changer

Type 22 -Pakistani Zulifquar/ Sword class frigate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52EQ4E7LvM

Type 54 Frigate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8XvoL7bGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzIEW_jQek&feature=related

Is there is some sort of ratio that navies use to determine the balance between surface and subsurface vessels?
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:37

Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Hahaha How many pebbles are they on the Ground spartan? Prompts me to switch my flying suit for a DPM smock…O.N has been on that area for sometime he surely will chart a solid map…my source tells me "Tz to contribute the bulk force"

Hehehe! An early retirement nest, eh? The RDF messed up big time with their rapacious conduct in Kivu, bana! You take something out and the entire Legion of doggy NGOs will make you internationally famous!
P
Hon Mrisho is in Nairobi and it has nothing to do with Border Trade as was carried in the Press. That SADC Plan for intrusion in ITURI and KiVU. The Old Man is not buying - as you could see from Hon Mrisho's body Language at the Comminiquer ceremony. Well, I ain't neither, truth be told!

@proudkenyan - the dang things are officially not "commissioned" yet, mustn't how their faces brazenly - go to Wajir for a day kama umeshidwa Sunita, aisee! All in good time, bro. Tis your money and your birds. Ngojea hapo kidogo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Wed Sep 12 2012, 09:37

ole Nkarei wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Hehehe! An early retirement nest, eh? The RDF messed up big time with their rapacious conduct in Kivu, bana! You take something out and the entire Legion of doggy NGOs will make you internationally famous!
P
Hon Mrisho is in Nairobi and it has nothing to do with Border Trade as was carried in the Press. That SADC Plan for intrusion in ITURI and KiVU. The Old Man is not buying - as you could see from Hon Mrisho's body Language at the Comminiquer ceremony. Well, I ain't neither, truth be told!

@proudkenyan - the dang things are officially not "commissioned" yet, mustn't how their faces brazenly - go to Wajir for a day kama umeshidwa Sunita, aisee! All in good time, bro. Tis your money and your birds. Ngojea hapo kidogo.

@ON. Tz being the chairman of SADC and Malawi the sectary (what an irony as both were on the brink of war)
which side should we expect TZ to represent in the Congo incursion? the EAC or SADC? as Risasi/Spartan puts it TZ to form the bulk of the Operation forces.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12 2012, 10:51

Balozi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

P

@ON. Tz being the chairman of SADC and Malawi the sectary (what an irony as both were on the brink of war)
which side should we expect TZ to represent in the Congo incursion? the EAC or SADC? as Risasi/Spartan puts it TZ to form the bulk of the Operation forces.

Read my posts at 11.58 and 12.36. And consider the well known TZ anti-parthy of wtf towards Kenya.

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Sep 12 2012, 10:56

AzKahia wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Chinese F22 type frigates
ad rather go for the type 54. more stealthy and modern, heck a VLS is way better than bow mounted AA missiles. The cost is almost similar anyway.

Would most definitely be a game changer

Type 22 -Pakistani Zulifquar/ Sword class frigate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52EQ4E7LvM

Type 54 Frigate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8XvoL7bGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzIEW_jQek&feature=related

Is there is some sort of ratio that navies use to determine the balance between surface and subsurface vessels?

but the prices..unless we go the M7 way of oil for machinery,or their payments started many years ago..

@ON maybe the trip would be good for me..and at their commissioning, Mrisho and M7,maybe even Bashir should be around

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 12 2012, 11:03

Balozi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

P

Read my posts at 11.58 and 12.36. And consider the well known TZ anti-parthy of wtf towards Kenya. Theirnsyperficial superiority complex doesn't allow tz to play second fiddle to Kenya or Uganda. But EAC is running away from them as they play coy and clever with all Kenyana - DRC, Zoomaliya, GoSS, Ethiopia panting to marry EAC. The Boers are playing TZ to scatter this growing resolve os the EAC-expanded towards regionalism that excludes the Boers. They must not be allowed any comfort because that will be the beginning of the unraveling of Kenyana.

We close Zoomaliya, settle Sudan, handle Ethiopia Transition, keep the l Ituri and Kivu. And we will be home and dry. And the Boers are checkmated good.

Hiyo tuu bro.

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Wed Sep 12 2012, 16:22

Somali president survives bomb blast http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1505138/-/xuj13lz/-/index.html

... AS desperation or an inside job? would the losers seek to scuttle the process ... AMISOM clearly have their work cut out to ensure the newcomer gets to work ...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:11

ole Nkarei wrote:
Balozi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Spartan wrote:

P

Read my posts at 11.58 and 12.36. And consider the well known TZ anti-parthy of wtf towards Kenya. Theirnsyperficial superiority complex doesn't allow tz to play second fiddle to Kenya or Uganda. But EAC is running away from them as they play coy and clever with all Kenyana - DRC, Zoomaliya, GoSS, Ethiopia panting to marry EAC. The Boers are playing TZ to scatter this growing resolve os the EAC-expanded towards regionalism that excludes the Boers. They must not be allowed any comfort because that will be the beginning of the unraveling of Kenyana.

We close Zoomaliya, settle Sudan, handle Ethiopia Transition, keep the l Ituri and Kivu. And we will be home and dry. And the Boers are checkmated good.

Hiyo tuu bro.

All the more reason why UG and KE should always work together. There exists more mutual trust between the two. TZ has chosen to belong to another world where she stands to be exploited and taken for a ride. It is their choice though. Give them.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Sep 12 2012, 19:54

analyst is really high on passion on his SIN page,that i give to him..he might need some reinforcements though,mpeeni msaada bana

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:26

analyst is really high on passion on his SIN page,that i give to him..he might need some reinforcements though,mpeeni msaada bana
then let me start by telling him that the plane that crashed at Manda Naval Base was not American but Kenyan, crewed and owned. The pilot is known around Wilson Aerodrome n i am very sure he is not an American. Analyst enda fanya editing.
@Ole Nkarei, chunga tu tusijipatie safari za Wajir AFB, rem by virtue of KCAA being there a civy can jifikisha huko. Cool Very Happy
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:49

Sam Ongeri survives one
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Obama orders two navy destroyers to libyan waters

Post  countersniper Thu Sep 13 2012, 08:55

USS NAVY has sent two navy destroyers with cruise missile capability to libyan waters
looks like the shit has hit the fan

USS LABOON and USS Mcfaul are now steaming full blast to libya.

http://www.laboon.navy.mil/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_McFaul_%28DDG-74%29
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Thu Sep 13 2012, 09:27

countersniper wrote:USS NAVY has sent two navy destroyers with cruise missile capability to libyan waters
looks like the shit has hit the fan

USS LABOON and USS Mcfaul are now steaming full blast to libya.

http://www.laboon.navy.mil/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_McFaul_%28DDG-74%29

Hehehe, crocs are now feeding on their tails!

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 10:15

jasiri wrote:
then let me start by telling him that the plane that crashed at Manda Naval Base was not American but Kenyan, crewed and owned. The pilot is known around Wilson Aerodrome n i am very sure he is not an American. Analyst enda fanya editing.
@Ole Nkarei, chunga tu tusijipatie safari za Wajir AFB, rem by virtue of KCAA being there a civy can jifikisha huko. Cool Very Happy

A boers plane on a KDF-authorized trajectory Nairobi to Galkaayo Puntland. Nothing like a CIA spook plane. Or KDF civilian contractors. These are normal admin runs by the Boers running security for Puntland. We ocassionally hitch rides into Crazy Town just as we do KCAA flights to Wajir - Jas knows this too.

End result of this incident is CDF reading the riot act and a end to piggy-backing civilian rides into Hot zone Zoomaliya. About time too.

Obama and his Arab "vineyard"? He planted the vines and those are his grapes ripening for harvest. I reckon those two Naval ships are all bluster - any aggressive use of their awesome weaponry will be entirely catastrophic over the entire "vineyard" including the so-called safe arab states. Sammy's best military option in foreign-policy projection is right here in Zoomaliya, AMISOM, tested and tried. The sixth fleet option is truly 1970s and obsolete and counter-effective.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Sep 13 2012, 10:33

The sixth fleet option is truly 1970s and obsolete and counter-effective.
It must be a strange new world for the Americans. Sabre rattling doesn't make people shiver anymore. How in God's good name are they going to 'retaliate' against this faceless attackers? They send cruise missiles into Libya and they turn a new regime into a Gaddafi reloaded. hehehe, those two destroyers are for show to the voting american citizen. Serves them right IMO.
@Ole Nkarei, seen a vid of our spec ops guys giving VIP security to Ongeri. Mean looking bastards!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  The Blue Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:10

[quote="jasiri.
@Ole Nkarei, seen a vid of our spec ops guys giving VIP security to Ongeri. Mean looking bastards![/quote]

Seen them too in on a clip from crazy town...those are mean looking boys.

UPDF on the other hand has its grip real tight in that crazy town...they have done a good job so far. the bomb was one of those last kicks of the proverbial horse

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next