THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  aggressor one Mon Oct 08 2012, 09:36

countersniper wrote:I have seen some reports indicating that the bulk of those fleeing alshabab from KDF guns are heading and trickling to meet at Dayniile...outside Mogadishu.
why no one intercepted them along this over 400 kilometer journey to this town beats me. remember this is the same place they massacred 0ver 70 Burundian soldiers recently within last 26 months.have you noticed their spokes person has been uncharacteristically silent?
BTW
this F15 thing should be demystified soonest..to drive a point home that we mean what we mean that we can up the ante ante play a more different ball game when pushed.
i have spoken to a high placed individual in the KDF who cleverly pushed me away from the subject.
he seemed to indicate that they want to fast track the good will gained by their successful routing of the alshabab out of kismayu

We defeated them in Mogadishu when they still had their resources in Kismayu and other areas, we shall kill them again and again. As far as Baidoa is concerned, it is firmly under AMISOM and that can`t change.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 08 2012, 09:51

aggressor one wrote:
countersniper wrote:I have seen some reports indicating that the bulk of those fleeing alshabab from KDF guns are heading and trickling to meet at Dayniile...outside Mogadishu.
why no one intercepted them along this over 400 kilometer journey to this town beats me. remember this is the same place they massacred 0ver 70 Burundian soldiers recently within last 26 months.have you noticed their spokes person has been uncharacteristically silent?
BTW
this F15 thing should be demystified soonest..to drive a point home that we mean what we mean that we can up the ante ante play a more different ball game when pushed.
i have spoken to a high placed individual in the KDF who cleverly pushed me away from the subject.
he seemed to indicate that they want to fast track the good will gained by their successful routing of the alshabab out of kismayu

We defeated them in Mogadishu when they still had their resources in Kismayu and other areas, we shall kill them again and again. As far as Baidoa is concerned, it is firmly under AMISOM and that can`t change.

Any alkebabs who do not give up now should have sense hammered into their heads.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 08 2012, 10:18

kimiti wrote:
Don Dikhi wrote:Am surprised no one has mentioned the special ops little vehicle on Citizen tv. news video...I conclude thats 30th....looks like Johny's SAS..LSV more than Sammy's Seal's DPV...any takers?

That is a dune buggy.
Very effective in recon & in special ops guys. My take is that is modeled from the American rangers. Am not so sure but its a one man or two man vehicle. Very effective in dry & sandy conditions aka Somalia. Its like a miniature humvee.

The small vehicle in question can be seen at the end of this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0f3ff6Reg another interesting piece of hardware is the BRDM-3 about 90 of this were ordered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRDM-3#Russian_Federation
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 08 2012, 10:33

[quote="kimiti"]
Don Dikhi wrote:Am surprised no one has mentioned the special ops little vehicle on Citizen tv. news video...I conclude thats 30th....looks like Johny's SAS..LSV more than Sammy's Seal's DPV...any takers?
It is not a fighting vehicle - no armour and not weaponised. More like a H/Q Logistics Vehicle for Command use in 'Dominated Theatre'. Four-Men maxi including driver an Aide de Camp and one Close-quarter Bodyguard element. Looks mean, but is really as offensive as a new-type VolksWagen Beetle!! Tis what Brig Ngere in Sector II shunts with around the Various Units in Theater.

That is a dune buggy.Very effective in recon & in special ops guys. My take is that is modeled from the American rangers. Am not so sure but its a one man or two man vehicle. Very effective in dry & sandy conditions aka Somalia. Its like a miniature humvee.
I mentioned in this forum early this year that there are already some ''prototypes'' on-trials intended to be inducted into the 30th and 40th, from Uncle Woo, Sammy, Johnny and the Bear. Consideration is that whichever is selected must fit into the Kenya-specific ''Doctrine'' and ''Force-structures'' of each of these two Formations, bearing in mind that these MRCV were designed for Western Special Forces to their distinct perculiar specifications. Iam just crazy for the Land-Rover Defender type of the ''mother-unit"!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty Is the politics moving in tandem?

Post  Nesta Mon Oct 08 2012, 14:16

Are these guys trying to sideline Madobe after he's done the fighting? What about statements from people such as Maalim? Don't they jeopardize our mission? I saw this somewhere:

It is amazing that that deputy speaker of the Kenyan government openly
saying that Kismaayo will no longer be controlled from Muqdisho and the
Dameer can't even respond to that

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Oct 08 2012, 15:16

Talk of military vehicles. The Acmat (the ones that tow our 105s) is one truck that i admire, everything about the truck is very military even the steering, the looks etc, nothing in this truck seems to be for comfort only practical.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Mon Oct 08 2012, 15:53

Risasi wrote:Out for some breath of fresh air.
Points to ponder.
• P/s with all what is said in the media I remind you again. We join AMISOM for legality issues i.e to be classified as pacifiers rather than invaders. all our ops and strategies were draft, conducted and ran by men at ULINZI HSE.
• If a John or sammy was involved , believe at the last lap of the race they would pop out their heads in order to get part of the credit . remember the the arabs spring esp. Libya .
• Isreali intelligency was used??? Who? the Mossad??? The mossad come in for Somalia??? ama what do they mean. If they are talking about isreali hardware . i.e drones all our inventories are imported bwana.the brain child and operators are K.E pers. Trained local and abroad as per our doctrines
• Victory accredited to mercenary?. who ever said that should also hire the same bunch of mercenary to get mirror result in his theater.
• Just like any one else fighting an AL Queada based militia, they bombed our city, kidnapped our citzen, posted their propaganda vids, IED our troops in theater, killed our troops and photo them, dragged thier bodies along street, but we kept the moment coming steady at them until last weeks victory results.
• @Ned Starks Head Hope you have enough ammo for a YAK debate. We now have dedicated page for air fanatics we can fight each other as much as we want without disturbing out neighbors , fellow bloggers.
Very Happy

Yet these guys continue posting these nonsense below:-

http://www.bdlive.co.za/opinion/letters/2012/10/08/letter-israelis-assist-kenya
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  gash Mon Oct 08 2012, 16:44

i was just reading an article about the problems chinese huawei is getting to get into the us market due to suspicion of spying due to the chinese govt being involved in the company.the curiosity in this is how far is kdf advanced in computer spying coz with these current trend it is most likely that future war will be based in the cyber.

gash

Back to top Go down

Post  gash Mon Oct 08 2012, 16:53

if kdf was to replace its standard issue that is g3.my top priority would be the xm8.the features of this rifle are much better than the m4a1 carbine and the price is somehow fare if the manufactures are willing to sell.

gash

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Mon Oct 08 2012, 17:17

Two air force captains from Eritrea defect to Saudi http://www.businessinsider.com/air-force-captains-steal-eritrean-presidential-jet-defect-to-saudi-arabia-2012-10
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon Oct 08 2012, 18:39

Kobooz wrote:Talk of military vehicles. The Acmat (the ones that tow our 105s) is one truck that i admire, everything about the truck is very military even the steering, the looks etc, nothing in this truck seems to be for comfort only practical.

I second you on that @Kobooz, definitely.

@ole Nkarei, could you please shed some more light on the militaristic aspect of the Land rover? From our NSIS base in Kwale i sometimes do take my leisure time rooving your neighborhood Very Happy Very Happy . The spectacular scenes around, of the 'civilian' Land rovers leaves me puzzled whether it can be used in combat. Its like a glorified 'doria' by our elite 'Utumishi kwa wote' !
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 08 2012, 20:44

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:..... of the 'civilian' Land rovers leaves me puzzled whether it can be used in combat. Its like a glorified 'doria' by our elite 'Utumishi kwa wote' !
Our Doctrine for the SpecOps is still evolving, coming along very nicely!! We ''borrowed'' several units from the 75th Rangers and 22SAS . Both shelled around the Defender 110. The Brits have configured theirs radically different from the Americans which is favored by most Uniforms in the our 30th - I think the American ''evolved'' variant is typically muscled!! Eeeiish!!

But, yeah, this is the perfect tool for compartmentalized insertion teams of five men. Absolute and highly Integrated light-fighting-vehicle. Operating in six-vehicle Platoon of two sections (the Americans have it in four-vehicle / two sections and couple of outrider bikes!!). Strip the damn thing of its aluminum panels, doors, windows and all luxury trims, integrate the front and rear bumpers, inplant a rigid roll-cage with integrated gun mounts front/centre-top / and rear, add a gun-rail, build-in armoured ammo storage bins, strengthen the Chassis and the rib-structure including the bonnet. etc… this thing should be outlawed, aisee!!!

Now, implant a GPMG in the forward TC, a 5.56mm SAW on the rear-mount, and one .50 Cal M2 Browning machine gun(or a 40mm Grenade Launcher) on the top-centre mount. Throw in a couple of Manpads for low-flying fast movers, and two-three anti-armour weapons. Camo Net, Fuel Cells to range 1500km, towing chain, Comms, Water, two spare tyres, etc....

You still wanna face me in this thing, bro? Friendly advise - you are infantry, and you spot us cresting your horizon, man just run, and hide good!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Mon Oct 08 2012, 22:34

ole Nkarei wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:..... of the 'civilian' Land rovers leaves me puzzled whether it can be used in combat. Its like a glorified 'doria' by our elite 'Utumishi kwa wote' !
Our Doctrine for the SpecOps is still evolving, coming along very nicely!! We ''borrowed'' several units from the 75th Rangers and 22SAS . Both shelled around the Defender 110. The Brits have configured theirs radically different from the Americans which is favored by most Uniforms in the our 30th - I think the American ''evolved'' variant is typically muscled!! Eeeiish!!

But, yeah, this is the perfect tool for compartmentalized insertion teams of five men. Absolute and highly Integrated light-fighting-vehicle. Operating in six-vehicle Platoon of two sections (the Americans have it in four-vehicle / two sections and couple of outrider bikes!!). Strip the damn thing of its aluminum panels, doors, windows and all luxury trims, integrate the front and rear bumpers, inplant a rigid roll-cage with integrated gun mounts front/centre-top / and rear, add a gun-rail, build-in armoured ammo storage bins, strengthen the Chassis and the rib-structure including the bonnet. etc… this thing should be outlawed, aisee!!!

Now, implant a GPMG in the forward TC, a 5.56mm SAW on the rear-mount, and one .50 Cal M2 Browning machine gun(or a 40mm Grenade Launcher) on the top-centre mount. Throw in a couple of Manpads for low-flying fast movers, and two-three anti-armour weapons. Camo Net, Fuel Cells to range 1500km, towing chain, Comms, Water, two spare tyres, etc....

You still wanna face me in this thing, bro? Friendly advise - you are infantry, and you spot us cresting your horizon, man just run, and hide good!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ON this is the closest i found to match ur description

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Land_l11
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 02:09

Uzi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

ON this is the closest i found to match ur description

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Land_l11

The Australians wanted a bit more and so they got their special 6X6 LandRover Perentie. Uses an Izusu Diesel engine and can carry a massive payload. It is truly a mean-looking workhorse and it has seen action in various theatres including Iraq and Afghanistan. The pics below shows the vehicles in action in Iraq.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Austra10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 6x6_la10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 6x6_la11

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 6x6_la12
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 08:26

aggressor one wrote:
BTW

@aggressor man

I have heard (whispers) that KDF helio gunships will see action in Sector I soon. Can you or anyone here confirm? Question Question Question
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:41

mogen wrote:@aggressor man -I have heard (whispers) that KDF helio gunships will see action in Sector I soon. Can you or anyone here confirm? Question Question Question

Imagine a blue-on-blue incident with fatal repercussions, and the elements involved the incident were a mixed bag of UPDF-Infantry and KDF-Air Calv? Reckon we would survive the fall-out? Doubtful.

Beyond what KDF/Air Calv and KDF/AF has been doing in some parts of Sector I (softening /taking out hard-targets before anyone engages, preemptive strikes of massed and mobile AS elements, logistics & Admin runs, Intel & Surveillance interfacing, and such mundane manenos, there are no plans to integrate KDF-Air Calv in a CAS /CCS role with the UPDF - not that I have heard, that is.

Even in Sector I, generally FAD and UPDF are not ''combat-integrated''.

As concerns the Light-fighting-vehicles, you notice in the picture of the Aussies-SAS there are 2 section(or Squads to the Navy Seals) in ONE platoon (Brits call it Troop) of 4 landrovers Parentie. What is missing in the picture are the 2 Outrider Motor-cycles per section and therefore 4 Motorcyles in the Platoon (Troop). These serve as the Advance Recon element of each Platoon /Troop. In total there have a standard Platoon /Troop of 16 deadly SpecOps Angels - at 4 per stick/Landrover. Pretty much as in the parent-unit the British SAS. The American Deltas have 20 men per Troop(Navy Seals are 13 Combat and three Officers) while the Rangers cram in as many as Seven per vehicle depending on Tasking.

What is shaping up KDF is a Platoon size of 20men, and five-men per vehicle but without the typically Western-exotic Motorcycle outriders but with an extra Machine Gun (a SAW) mounted at the Rear-Right of the Light-Fighting Vehicle - notice the Aussis and Brits have two guns per vehicle!! Great to be alive!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Tue Oct 09 2012, 11:20

Hi,

Could someone please clarify where the UG troops are? They are suppose to occupy two sectors where are the other 2,500 boots? What about Burundi? Djibouti? Sierra Leone?

Are UPDF heading to Kismayu?

The map below from the BBC is pretty confusing.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 _63181557_som_controlled_areas_30429sep

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty BBc Map

Post  Neutral Ground Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:29

A few days ago that map showed KDF occupying up to Dobley only ,Overnite after Chai Town Landings, it miracurously jumped up to Kismayo.Note the area occupied by Kdf is Labelled
"Amisom",and that by ENDF is clearly labelled "Ethiopian Forces and Allies" Does it ring a bell
where BBC IS INVOLVED WITH KDF AFFAIRS.Their motto "Rub KDF the Wrong way" The same is best ignored.My 2 cents
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty Who's Hardware is this?

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:50

Look at this link below. Some military cargo is awaiting clearance at the Mombasa port:-

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210051633.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Tue Oct 09 2012, 13:02

Nesta wrote:Are these guys trying to sideline Madobe after he's done the fighting? What about statements from people such as Maalim? Don't they jeopardize our mission? I saw this somewhere:

It is amazing that that deputy speaker of the Kenyan government openly
saying that Kismaayo will no longer be controlled from Muqdisho and the
Dameer can't even respond to that

@Nesta that question begs some answer, how will SNA and Ras Kamboni play out in Chai? There doesn’t seem to be a clear indication of how the two players will accommodate … will Ras Kamboni eventually merge into SNA or is Madhobe seeking to retain his “autonomy” and will he agree to merge into SNA…what happens if he doesn’t? as we speak the two clearly seem to be operating as separate entities… KDF, Amisom meanwhile have "talked" with elders to preempt possible clan fallout, a good move... http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/97162-kdf-amisom-hold-meeting-with-kismayu-elders
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Tue Oct 09 2012, 13:12

Neutral Ground wrote:A few days ago that map showed KDF occupying up to Dobley only ,Overnite after Chai Town Landings, it miracurously jumped up to Kismayo.Note the area occupied by Kdf is Labelled
"Amisom",and that by ENDF is clearly labelled "Ethiopian Forces and Allies" Does it ring a bell
where BBC IS INVOLVED WITH KDF AFFAIRS.Their motto "Rub KDF the Wrong way" The same is best ignored.My 2 cents

Ethiopians can't be lbelled as AMISOM since they aren't. There are no UG, Burundi troops on the map

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Tue Oct 09 2012, 13:18

Observer wrote:
@Nesta that question begs some answer, how will SNA and Ras Kamboni play out in Chai?

I'm told the fighters don't have any problem; but the president seems to be spoiling for a fight.

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:01

Nesta wrote:
Neutral Ground wrote:A few days ago that map showed KDF occupying up to Dobley only ,Overnite after Chai Town Landings, it miracurously jumped up to Kismayo.Note the area occupied by Kdf is Labelled

Ethiopians can't be lbelled as AMISOM since they aren't. There are no UG, Burundi troops on the map

Still Amisom(UG,Burudi) captured Merka town close to Kismayo .Not shown.Hence the inaccuracy of the map.My point ignore the map.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:11

Olekoima wrote:Look at this link below. Some military cargo is awaiting clearance at the Mombasa port:-

@olekoima
methinks the cargo is Kenyan but won't hold for an official confirmation anytime soon.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 15:15

@nesta & all
The day before Kismayu capture BBC had this map
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Somali10

The day after Kismayu capture they changed it to this
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Somali11

Treat their stuff with the contempt it deserves. I can't quite see what their game plan is. May be there isn't one. Perhaps, it's just prejudice.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 09 2012, 15:21

mogen wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Look at this link below. Some military cargo is awaiting clearance at the Mombasa port:-

@olekoima
methinks the cargo is Kenyan but won't hold for an official confirmation anytime soon.

I thought so too. Apart from TZ and North Sudan, most other countries around are not military clients of China.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty Demobilize, disarm & reintegrate the surrendering al shabaab militants

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 16:00

President Kibaki has called for the demobilization, disarmament and reintegration of the Al-Shabaab insurgents surrendering to the AMISOM forces....

Kibaki & Mahamoud in talks...
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Kibaki10

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/-/1066/1529040/-/14pbrfa/-/index.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 25 Empty Roadside Bomb Kills Two and Injures Five in Kismayu

Post  mogen Tue Oct 09 2012, 16:29

The shameless brigands have started their thingy, as expected.

AllAfrica wrote:Kismayo — At least two people were killed and five others injured in a huge roadside bomb explosion inn Somalia's southern port city of Kismayo, the latest in series of attacks against Somali and Kenyan forces, reports said.

Tuesday's attack took place at Alanley village, targeting Somali government forces as they were carrying out massive operations aimed to secure the city, after the Al Qaeda-linked Al shabab insurgents vacated.

"The explosion was a remote controlled land-mine that hit on a vehicle carrying soldiers from Somali government and their Raskomboni militia fighters. At least two soldiers dead following the blast," a resident who asked not to be named, told Shabelle Media Network by phone.....
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210090907.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Tue Oct 09 2012, 17:41

i have been watching the conversation on the capture of kismayo and the amphibious ops conducted by our boys in the 30 and 40th socom, and i cant help but wonder about the naval CDU chaps.. how come they havent taken any part in OLN esp in the amphibious op...
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Tue Oct 09 2012, 17:48

ole Nkarei wrote:
......Strip the damn thing of its aluminum panels, doors, windows and all luxury trims, integrate the front and rear bumpers, inplant a rigid roll-cage with integrated gun mounts front/centre-top / and rear, add a gun-rail, build-in armoured ammo storage bins, strengthen the Chassis and the rib-structure including the bonnet. etc… this thing should be outlawed, aisee!!!

How I "wish" the hell could break loose and have a visual impression of that described attire!! @ ole Nkarei, I think you are "heavyweight" enough to disobey that damn classroom crap that yaps about 'only wishes come true'??..No..Yes..Maybe... PERHAPS. Otherwise, thanks for the detailed insight about the Land rovers bro. Its after you talked about removing the Aluminium plates and then replacing....that is when i started regaining ground as far as my trust on the vehicle is concerned.

@Your horizon enchrochment. Can't hold ground! Very Happy With just an M4A1 and "maybe" a rocket launcher, guess what, that will definitely be a fight for another day--> Courtesy of the Al sheyatans!! Very Happy

One more thing@ON, Something about your previous and current Avatars is raising some unnecessary eyebrows!! man! Minimise the 'stealth crap' on the rotors by gawd!!
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next