THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 18:25

quote="Cycoh 'DUDUS'"]
.... damn classroom crap that yaps about 'only wishes come true'??..No..Yes..Maybe... PERHAPS.
Hehaha!! I got you bro. This is the real deal, and no protocols breeched yet. Havent you seen these monsters moving about Manda and areas around it yet? Frequently in Mtongwe too.
Your horizon enchrochment. Can't hold ground with just an M4A1 and "maybe" a rocket launcher, guess what, that will definitely be a fight for another day--Courtesy of the Al sheyatans!! Very Happy
The Effectiveness of this format is primarily on Advance Recon and Speed of Reaction - ''we see you before you see us and and lit your fuse before you can blink twice and holla''!! It is too late for you when we have crested your hill, bro!
@Your horizon enchrochment. Can't hold ground! Very Happy With just an M4A1 and "maybe" a rocket launcher, guess what, that will definitely be a fight for another day--> Courtesy of the Al sheyatans!! Very Happy
There is a direct CDF gag-order on those Birds. Something to do with complexities of ''third-party sourcing & delivery / post-sale support, etc'', i imagine. But the Black Sharks went home, greate reviews, on those rotaries - probably a later procurement. I will not break protocols especially not those from that high up the brass ladder - I am still youthful and aggressively ambitious, dude! Soon, soon!!

SS Jamuhuri on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 pm

i have been watching the conversation on the capture of kismayo and the amphibious ops conducted by our boys in the 30 and 40th socom, and i cant help but wonder about the naval CDU chaps.. how come they havent taken any part in OLN esp in the amphibious op...
CDU is in the 30th, and name changed. Similar Doctrine and Force Structure to the Deltas. An new SBS created as part of the off-shore short patrols in KDF-Navy - there are some media clips of these patrolling the mangroves and sea inlets of Ras Kamboni to Kismayu, no doubt

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Tue Oct 09 2012, 20:10

[quote="Cycoh 'DUDUS'"]
Kobooz wrote:Talk of military vehicles. The Acmat (the ones that tow our 105s) is one truck that i admire, everything about the truck is very military even the steering, the looks etc, nothing in this truck seems to be for comfort only practical.

I second you on that @Kobooz, definitely.

@ole Nkarei, could you please shed some more light on the militaristic aspect of the Land rover? From our NSIS base in Kwale i sometimes do take my leisure time rooving your neighborhood Very Happy Very Happy . The spectacular scenes around, of the 'civilian' Land rovers leaves me puzzled whether it can be used in combat. Its like a glorified 'doria' by our elite 'Utumishi kwa wote'

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty kdf mandate to change?this is recipe for disaster.

Post  countersniper Tue Oct 09 2012, 22:44

THIS TOO SOON no way........!!!

WHO is deciding this? its asking kdf to stand down too soon..even before we know for sure alshabab are finished?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068051&story_title=KDF-mandate-in-Somalia-nearing-its-end
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 23:20

countersniper wrote:THIS TOO SOON no way........!!!

WHO is deciding this? its asking kdf to stand down too soon..even before we know for sure alshabab are finished?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068051&story_title=KDF-mandate-in-Somalia-nearing-its-end

You got it wrong,@C.Smiper. It is the UNSC/AU AMISOM mandate that is expirying this end month. The job of pacifying Zoomaliya has just began. Reconstruction of State and Governance Structures and Infrastructure will not begin withoit effective pacification - by an external force, which in this case is the conveniently present AMISOM. Mandate will be extended, under UNSC and AU ambit. With a larger Civilian Policing and a Military Trainers and Observers Component. No fear.

Meantime our ''Live Classroom'' War gaming exercise continues, and now includes a COIN aspect. Paid for in full by the Bazungu - we just hit them with a USD186 Million Bill, which is going to escalate to include replacement and wear-and-tear of equipment used in OLN. And the dithering in allowing procument of aggressor-equipment is gone for good - some interesting reading in the article below about the necessary shift in the American Foreign Policy might illuminate whey Sammy's loin cloths have been loosened lately,
http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/emerging-doctrine-united-states

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:48

Sierra Kilo wrote:
Don Dikhi wrote:I just joined this forum to make a confirmation to y'all....YES ....the Birds have landed....F-15s...(LAB).....I will leave it @ that....till the officials do their thing...

Afande,... bwana Flying Crane iko shida do your thing!!!

fellow never seem to learn yet they say the have been following the web for years on. I will let him go on this one as it’s a Merry making day today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers

@Don dikhi you got to wash you hands before dinning with the Old man. introduce yourself lightly and address the forummer before posting. Those are the norms of how things work
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:31

AMISOM will not exit Somalia given the fact that current circumstances still provide Al-Shabaab plenty of space to brood.

Kismayu though a hotbed of clan dynamics that factor the political-militancy in Somalia might be surrendered to Ras-Kamboni and SNA sooner than later as a strategy to identify flaws in governance systems preferred besides help more aggressive efforts to stymie possible insurgency.

Kibaki et al, know that the AMISOM mandate must be renewed to ensure accomplishment of the tasks which include destroying militant cells and their remaining bases, besides source of revenue,arms, and logistics.

Ole-Nkarei,
About aggressor equipment purchases, Manda Bay proves and verifies plenty of previous projections with regard to defense procurement.
Training of the pilots for most of these procurements have concurrently run along the procurement process allowing timely delivery and deployment at both the KDF airforce and the air Calvary.
As put by the x-factor, pilot-less they would be useless hence though tiny deliveries and tests were vital to ascertain compatibility of upgrades and guide-monitoring system at relevant facilities.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Wed Oct 10 2012, 11:43

Analyst wrote:
AMISOM will not exit Somalia given the fact that current circumstances still provide Al-Shabaab plenty of space to brood.

Kismayu though a hotbed of clan dynamics that factor the political-militancy in Somalia might be surrendered to Ras-Kamboni and SNA sooner than later as a strategy to identify flaws in governance systems preferred besides help more aggressive efforts to stymie possible insurgency.

Kibaki et al, know that the AMISOM mandate must be renewed to ensure accomplishment of the tasks which include destroying militant cells and their remaining bases, besides source of revenue,arms, and logistics.

Ole-Nkarei,
About aggressor equipment purchases, Manda Bay proves and verifies plenty of previous projections with regard to defense procurement.
Training of the pilots for most of these procurements have concurrently run along the procurement process allowing timely delivery and deployment at both the KDF airforce and the air Calvary.
As put by the x-factor, pilot-less they would be useless hence though tiny deliveries and tests were vital to ascertain compatibility of upgrades and guide-monitoring system at relevant facilities.

@Flying Crane doesn't mind pilot-less anything as lot as its pointing that cannon/missile in the right direction Laughing
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 14:06

HokumA wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Ole-Nkarei,

@Flying Crane doesn't mind pilot-less anything as lot as its pointing that cannon/missile in the right direction Laughing

how am i involved in the above discussion @HokumA or your trying to provoke me
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Wed Oct 10 2012, 15:06

Flying Crane wrote:
HokumA wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Ole-Nkarei,

I didn't mean to provoke you, on the contrary I am just testing your defenses you have been MIA for awhile. Smile
"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." ~ Tsung su
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Wed Oct 10 2012, 15:13

HokumA wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:
HokumA wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Ole-Nkarei,

I didn't mean to provoke you, on the contrary I am just testing your defenses you have been MIA for awhile. Smile
"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." ~ Tsung su

in and out of the golden jubilee bro but now i am back in full swing...
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Wed Oct 10 2012, 15:22

countersniper wrote:THIS TOO SOON no way........!!!

I think it is the UNSC /AU

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 2012-10-06T094758Z_1_AJOE8950R8000_RTROPTP_2_OZATP-SOMALIA-CONFLICT-20121006
(30+40th RSOF)

Meanwhile KDF has achieved a big percentage of what it had intended to do in Somalia, especially neutralizing Kebabs ability to regroup, other processes and those involved in vital subsequent norms like peace building will easily achieve their goal.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Wed Oct 10 2012, 15:39

Flying Crane wrote:
HokumA wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:
HokumA wrote:

in and out of the golden jubilee bro but now i am back in full swing...

Cool, expect an invite on our 50th but don't get your hopes too high the skirt stuffing here is nothing to write home about personally blame it on that poor quality Matoke from Meru and Kisii. Sad
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Wed Oct 10 2012, 16:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C39SkUwx0e0
AL SHABAAB RPGs GETTING DISPOSED BY K.D.F

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Wed Oct 10 2012, 18:27

Kobooz wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
Kobooz wrote:Talk of military vehicles. The Acmat (the ones that tow our 105s) is one truck that i admire, everything about the truck is very military even the steering, the looks etc, nothing in this truck seems to be for comfort only practical.

No signal. May be, put the point across the board bro.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Bodies of 2 KDF soldiers found in Kismayu

Post  mogen Thu Oct 11 2012, 10:14

saw a tweet from: @jamessmat
"The bodies of 2 KDF soldiers who were dragged in dismay and posted on internet found last night Kismayu"

Can anyone confirm that our two heroes were found last night? At the very least, they must be given a honourable send-off
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Oct 11 2012, 11:37

mogen wrote:saw a tweet from: @jamessmat
"The bodies of 2 KDF soldiers who were dragged in dismay and posted on internet found last night Kismayu"

Can anyone confirm that our two heroes were found last night? At the very least, they must be given a honourable send-off

The story is now in the Standard Online http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068163&story_title=KDF-recover-soldiers%E2%80%99-bodies

and the tweeting Major confirms that: "KISMAYU RESIDENTS CONFIRM THAT THEY DEMANDED AL SHABAAB BURRY THE REMAINS AS IT WAS NOT SOMALI TRADITION NOR ISLAMIC TO DRAG THE DEAD".
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Thu Oct 11 2012, 14:29

SIN says that Sector 1 is the weakest link in the AMISOM defense chain, is it a matter of difference in war theater or are our Brothers really failing to pull their own weight. [Link not embedding, just read 'intelligence briefs'.com latest article]
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Thu Oct 11 2012, 14:42

HokumA wrote:SIN says that Sector 1 is the weakest link in the AMISOM defense chain, is it a matter of difference in war theater or are our Brothers really failing to pull their own weight. [Link not embedding, just read 'intelligence briefs'.com latest article]

Whatever the experts say
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 11 2012, 15:17

HokumA wrote:SIN says that Sector 1 is the weakest link in the AMISOM defense chain, is it a matter of difference in war theater or are our Brothers really failing to pull their own weight. [Link not embedding, just read 'intelligence briefs'.com latest article]

That assessment is erroneous, unjustified and unsupported by Military and Intelligence Data. SIN is a useful sounding board for these two Agencies and therefore a conduit for both factual and manufactured Intel. One must consume information from SIN and other similar sites with necessary circumspection and caution.

There is a whole lot of work still to be done in Sectors I Sector II and Sector III. Both Military, Political, Diplomatic, Socioeconomic. Neither more or less in one Sector than another. Obviously there are healthy lessons to be learnt from the campaigns in Sector I & II in the Tactics and Force-structures engaged in both Sectors - for instance the nexus of other Military Elements with Infantry as will as between Intelligence with Planning. There should be no doubts that AMISOM will only grow stronger as the Iron-Fist of our collective political will of EAC-expanded.

Lastly, perusal through a lot of "smart-Intel" type Blogs such as SIN makes certain that there core-data is trolled from these pages. Such as the latest SIN article on "KDF procurement causing regional jitters" or something to that effect. Mention of Kenyana is not even subtle!

@Batian - The Ka-52a has never flown into Africa let alone in Kenya. The 4Units of the Ka-50a Black Shark have since returned home after successful Trials in Kenya. Duplicated Tasking with the Mil Mi-28n makes their procurement kinda superfluous.

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Morale booster clip for KDF Comrades...by a patriot Kenyana

Post  Guest Thu Oct 11 2012, 17:34

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?videoID=2000060719&video_title=Dedicated-To-Kenya-Defence-Forces-in-Somalia-and-Other-Battle-Fields.-By-Astone

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Thu Oct 11 2012, 18:15

sagafoot
nice one buddy
good beats man lol
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 11 2012, 19:05

How were you able to read that page? SIN has been down for days.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Oct 11 2012, 19:13

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 KAF_GADFLY_SAM_missiles

Look at this, i just love it- KAF GADFLY SAM.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Oct 12 2012, 08:29

Olekoima wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 KAF_GADFLY_SAM_missiles

Actually, that is an SA-125 Neva/Pechora, NATO designation SA-3 Goa. Very potent system if you asked me, it was the same system whose radar was modified by Col. Zoltan in Serbia to bring down the purpotedly stealth F-17 'NightHawk' in Serbia. And they are quite proliferated in this region (think Ethiopia, Tanzania, UG, Zambia and even Somalia, yes, Somalia had it up to around 1991).
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA Fri Oct 12 2012, 08:56

Olekoima wrote:

How were you able to read that page? SIN has been down for days.

True but from last week SIN was up with old content of course but on 10th October two articles were added.
HokumA
HokumA

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Fri Oct 12 2012, 11:56

smasher 82 now reads you loud and clear! i goofed while posting a link about jungle monster 'acmat' will attemp later

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Fri Oct 12 2012, 13:37

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
Kobooz wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

No signal. May be, put the point across the board bro.

@cyco D signal meant for you
smasher 82 now reads you loud and clear! i goofed while posting a link about jungle monster 'acmat' will atemp later

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 12 2012, 14:38

Spartan wrote:

Actually, that is an SA-125 Neva/Pechora, NATO designation SA-3 Goa. Very potent system if you asked me, it was the same system whose radar was modified by Col. Zoltan in Serbia to bring down the purpotedly stealth F-17 'NightHawk' in Serbia. And they are quite proliferated in this region (think Ethiopia, Tanzania, UG, Zambia and even Somalia, yes, Somalia had it up to around 1991).
This pic i believe was taken from Wiki, funny enough there is no accompanying link to prove we have the Pechora.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Oct 12 2012, 15:24

jasiri wrote:
Spartan wrote:

This pic i believe was taken from Wiki, funny enough there is no accompanying link to prove we have the Pechora.

That system and others like it are a basic accessory for any air defence, although they have been overtaken by technology of ARM (Anti-Radiation Missiles) like the Kh-31p. I am sure Kenya has it.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Oct 12 2012, 15:54

Spartan wrote:

Thanks buddy.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next