THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty AMBASSADOR RAYCHELLE AWUOR OMAMO: Nominee for Cabinet Secretary, Defence

Post  mashaa Thu Apr 25 2013, 16:45

AMBASSADOR RAYCHELLE AWUOR OMAMO: Nominee for [url=http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?searchtext=Cabinet Secretary&searchbutton=SEARCH] Cabinet Secretary[/url], Defence

Amb.RayechelleOmamo is a Senior Counsel, has been an Advocate of the High Court of 27 years standing.
She was the First Woman Chairperson of the Law Society of Kenya and First woman Ambassador of Kenya to France, Portugal, The Holy See and the Republic of Serbia and Permanent Delegate of the Republic of Kenya to UNESCO.
Rayechelle has made substantial contribution to the advancement of the rule of law in Kenya and to the development of legislation and policy, for example:
Member of the Task Force on the Establishment of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission for Kenya;
Member of the Task Force on the Review of Landlord and Tenant Legislation;
Assisting Counsel to the Ndungu Commission:
She was the Jurist of the Year 2002. She studied Law at the University of Kent at Canterbury in the UK.

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Thu Apr 25 2013, 17:38

mashaa wrote:AMBASSADOR RAYCHELLE AWUOR OMAMO: Nominee for [url=http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?searchtext=Cabinet Secretary&searchbutton=SEARCH] Cabinet Secretary[/url], Defence

Amb.RayechelleOmamo is a Senior Counsel, has been an Advocate of the High Court of 27 years standing.
She was the First Woman Chairperson of the Law Society of Kenya and First woman Ambassador of Kenya to France, Portugal, The Holy See and the Republic of Serbia and Permanent Delegate of the Republic of Kenya to UNESCO.
Rayechelle has made substantial contribution to the advancement of the rule of law in Kenya and to the development of legislation and policy, for example:
Member of the Task Force on the Establishment of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission for Kenya;
She was the Jurist of the Year 2002. She studied Law at the University of Kent at Canterbury in the UK.

I was rather surprised at the choice of a woman to head the defense portfolio, not that i' am gender insensitive, but i thought a man is more suited for the job.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu Apr 25 2013, 18:25

Olekoima wrote:
mashaa wrote:AMBASSADOR RAYCHELLE AWUOR OMAMO: Nominee for [url=http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?searchtext=Cabinet Secretary&searchbutton=SEARCH] Cabinet Secretary[/url], Defence

I was rather surprised at the choice of a woman to head the defense portfolio, not that i' am gender insensitive, but i thought a man is more suited for the job.

I think this is the single most significant appointment to the digital cabinet. It is a tacit confirmation by the C-in-C that Kenya's Defence Forces will be engaged in more foreign mission than at anytime in its colourfull history. Personally i expected the President to pick one of our numerous retired ex-commanders but i was almost shocked when an Ambassador and Lawyer was picked to head Defence. This is what i concluded,
Now and into the future, the Kenya Defence Forces will be hunting more away from their boundaries and home bases than before. During the course of this, we are bound to step on some regional toes. It takes a very skilled diplomat with a perfect grasp of international law to find the K.D.F space to operate amidst this new trend of western powers implicating and blackmailing their oponents with 'international law'. If we had picked a former soldier then it would have just been an extension of the military 'shoot first' policy into critical decision and policy making. These would have ultimately been retrogressive especially since the president has openly expressed his pan-African ambitions. Now more than ever, the military needs clear unpredjudiced civilian oversight to pick its regional fights wisely. In that sense, Prof Omamo is a perfect choice...by the way she comes in with a rich network of 'friends', might be useful in getting some kitting doors open.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Apr 25 2013, 22:18

jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

I think this is the single most significant appointment to the digital cabinet. It is a tacit confirmation by the C-in-C that Kenya's Defence Forces will be engaged in more foreign mission than at anytime in its colourfull history. Personally i expected the President to pick one of our numerous retired ex-commanders but i was almost shocked when an Ambassador and Lawyer was picked to head Defence. This is what i concluded,
Now and into the future, the Kenya Defence Forces will be hunting more away from their boundaries and home bases than before. During the course of this, we are bound to step on some regional toes. It takes a very skilled diplomat with a perfect grasp of international law to find the K.D.F space to operate amidst this new trend of western powers implicating and blackmailing their oponents with 'international law'. If we had picked a former soldier then it would have just been an extension of the military 'shoot first' policy into critical decision and policy making. These would have ultimately been retrogressive especially since the president has openly expressed his pan-African ambitions. Now more than ever, the military needs clear unpredjudiced civilian oversight to pick its regional fights wisely. In that sense, Prof Omamo is a perfect choice...by the way she comes in with a rich network of 'friends', might be useful in getting some kitting doors open.

+1 i agree
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Apr 26 2013, 12:16

jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

Thank you for the valuable insight bro., i can now see why and more clearly too.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Fri Apr 26 2013, 14:27

I like the way this guy is thinking.need more people like him.am even suspecting a pro-kenyana uniform schooled him.considering he is the editor of daily nation, that's the way to think!

http://www.nation.co.ke/blogs/Kenya-must-recast-relations-with-donors/-/446718/1758300/-/view/asBlogPost/-/6cu0yg/-/index.html
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty Credibility

Post  pacifist Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:31

Dear forummers, every year in Kenya 3 million people face the grave and serious risk of starvation. In excess of 15 million people have no employment; millions more are at a risk of insufficient medical care. Thousands die from road accidents, hundreds of thousands are displaced each year due to water stress. As such, millions of Kenyans each year face a monumental risk to their most basic human right, the right to exist and do so in a dignified manner. Some or most of this civil society dedicate their lives and efforts to endless haunting of public officials, some even prepared to lay their lives down. Is it possible my dear friends that a person who is so moved by injustice against an organized gang that they agitate for their cause day and night for years on end has never once been caught donating food to the poor or aid to the homeless or providing assistance to the sick? Please vitruvian, we know them for what they are; sell your propaganda to people who are willing to buy.

Vitruvian wrote:What IS civil society? For the uninitiated - if you're not military or other government, or (big) business, you're civil society. That's the definition of you, period. You have no way out of civil society except by joining government or business. You may hate it, but then you hate yourself. And your mum, your dad, your family, your community, your society. Of course, you could get out of it the easy way by joining one of the arms of government or the hard way by starting a successful business. Still, when you go home in the evening, you're "civil society," and so are your spouse and kids.
Epithets such as "evil society" are faux and divisive. They create an enemy within where there is none, because there is no (longer an) enemy without. Quite typical. And every commissioned officer at this forum is well versed in this. "Civvies" may not be as well versed, which is why the working uniforms at this forum (as opposed to those who merely visit out of interest) find is so easy to influence opinion. Trumpet a war cry to rally the troops, single out the enemy, then step aside whilst society does the rest. Clean hands, no involvement, no ICC and certainly no Supreme Court. The tagging of an internal enemy in the perceived absence of a foreign one is a very totalitarian invention, characteristic to fascism and practical communism.
Next time we're bitching about civil society, perhaps we ought to consider what it actually is. "Them" is not a definition.

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  pacifist Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:51

When a heavily armed delegation goes to negotiate peace, it is necessary for the person doing the talking to be unarmed. The naming of these two women is to soften the very hard stance Kenya will take in diplomatic circles. Sometimes men frustrate their efforts by simple masculinity. I don't fancy Hagel trying to talk down to a woman, you shoot yourself in the foot. The president is also aware of the leadership provided by service commanders (CGS, IGP.) I have always felt ministers in security were an unnecessary bureaucratic addition when service commanders have a direct line of communication to the C-I-C. However by balancing roles carefully the president has managed to create a team instead of simply another step in the hierarchy.

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:15

And opinion assumes to tones of ''infallible gospel-like presumptions'' when it is proposed to be the only logical and well-thought-out opinion in the boma, and is dismissive of contrary opinions as being illiterate, unbalanced and of pedestrian intellectual grounding. Everybody should just give their opinions, grounded or not grounded on anything, and get on with it!! Everybody can then sift the BS from the Honey for themselves, by gawd!!

Judgement is grounded in the 'opinion'' itself, that any reasonably intelligent person can draw for themselves. The writer's (Wada, in this case) character holds up or assassinates itself by the content of his writtings. Very Happy

Because Wada's nonsensical blitherings (in my humble opinion Laughing), on the matter he wrote of, were without even the least modicum of research nor any sort of referencing, rebuttal /counter-argument is not required as an intellectual pursuit. Hiyo tuu, nothing to do with a ''panicky'' ''thinking outside a bloody box" at all. Rolling Eyes

Vitruvian wrote:When does an intellectual discourse become an infallible gospel-like presumption and when is it an opinion, informed or otherwise? Who bears the presumptive cloak of infallibility to determine whether a discourse is one or the other? And if each person individually, then is that not merely an opinion, as likely uninformed as not?
In any case, it is inconsequential to my comment above. I came neither in favour of nor against the Wag's overtures. I am simply irked by the near-frantic character assassination of anyone with the audacity to think outside the military box. Apart from a cursory dismissal of the writer, there is absolutely no counter-argument to what he has said. Just panic.
Merely my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Apr 29 2013, 11:05

I've noticed a minor detail whenever the Somalia leader visits kenya.much as he is given a presidential limo to ride in which flies the Somalia flag, he has never inspected a KDF guard of honour & he is never given a KDF ADC.why is this & these privileges are accorded all other visiting heads of state?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Mon Apr 29 2013, 11:50

The Somalian CIC did inspect a Guard of Honour from the Navy chaps, though it's done rarely. Ain't a must, anyway. And he actually had his day down well.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 President_Hassan_Mombasa

About the Aide dè, The visiting CIC is usually accompanied by his own ADC, unless the Ally-ness between the two States in question is extremely deep.

mchoraji wrote:I've noticed a minor detail whenever the Somalia leader visits kenya.much as he is given a presidential limo to ride in which flies the Somalia flag, he has never inspected a KDF guard of honour & he is never given a KDF ADC.why is this & these privileges are accorded all other visiting heads of state?

In other theaters, seems like some Kenyan chaps in their "Typical-Kenyan-form" are leaving nothing to chance - Doing what they do best! Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2013/Apr/29084/somalia_s_first_reconstruction_and_investment_conference_to_open_in_nairobi.aspx/
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty Defence Docket

Post  Batian Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:38

It will remain to be seen how the new former ambassador turned secretary to the cabinet that is now the adoration many step up her game and how she will cope with the whims emanating from parliament? this is not to mean that she is incompetent though coming on board a portfolio loaded with extreme qualifications still does not directly point to capability. Her real acid test will be observed while in office.

After the appointment sits well with @jasiri by giving just two lines of thought signifying a high level of contentment and even the visible inactivity of @mjeshi mmoja from the TEA suggesting that this is one of the appointments of the century ever made by the CIC. Though I am yet to see the reaction of other soldiers like @ON and @Risasi, et al hehehe they have been very evasive on this latest subject matter.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 17:17

Ole Embatianny - we are not taking cover. The Bullet-man has cabs to watch fly expensive flying toys. Just debriefed from Rutshuru jaunt. Other Uniforms are engaged - new C-in-C has a small geopolitical fire already lit kitu fierce.

Some may have noticed that unlike the Second & Third Kenya President, our current C-in-C has conspicuously mounted his KDF standard between his Presidential Standard and National Flag on every of his Official Public presentations. Only Ole Jomo had all three mounted together, even so his Presidential Standard in the middle and not on every official public presentation. That, for a Soldier, is an earth-shaking statement by the new C-in-C that he is physically and symbolically ONE with the KDF. President Uhuru will not delegate any of his responsibilities as C-in-C to be exercised vicariously by anyone else. President Uhuru intends both an Operational and Policy Oversight Posture over the Means and Powers of Institutional Violence - ALL Intelligence and Armed Formations in Kenya.

President Moi and President Kibaki were in effect symbolically ONE with the KDF on a Policy-Oversight posture. And still further delegated to the National Defence Council and the National Security Council. Even so, recall how piteously out-of-the-loop Yusuf Maji was during the last Rampage in Garissa!

Generally speaking, in modern Democracies, the Military does not determine ALL Foreign and Domestic Policy except in Fascist States. But since Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, all geopolitical Powers have evolved different blends that allow for increased influence by the Military in designing and projecting Foreign Policy that safeguards their Vital Economic and Social Interest. The French - I.e have an African Foreign Policy driven exclusively by their Military Policy / Posture. The British - on the insidious dealings of their Civilian Intelligence together with keen nexus with their Shadowy Militqry SpecOps. The Americans have a mongrel of a fusion which works only for them - a complete subsumed Military to their Foreign Policy (which is the cause for the excessive Operation AND Policy powers of the Political Class over the American Military). From this early, is is manifestly clear that President Uhuru will be blending a British-style Matrix (NIS/Consular/SpecOps - hiphiphooraay) and the more naked French approach when needed (NIS / Consular / Air Cavalry / Strategic Air / RSF-40th). It is within that Matrix, IMHO, that the Legal and Consular skills in Europe of the new Defence Minister will apply - Sammy isn't an hindrance to Kenyana. Kenyans are in for some interesting times ahead no doubt.

Poring through the public speaking and photo Ops at the just ended Arusha Heads of States Summit, fills my Spirit with fire - not just because of what was said (HE M7 gave a revolutionary speech replete with symbolisms and Warnings) but also by the significance of the moment - Kenyana at the rim overlooking All of Canaan!

Haiya! Leta maneno sasa!

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:26

Hehe @ ole Nkarei maji ikizidi unga call me @ole majakusi,

M7 overtures at the just concluded EAC heads of states summits which is mixed with warnings and contentment is understandable probably because there has been too many stocked fires within kenyana in the last five years.

mengine hamna. I just picked smthing to act as a refresher and just seeking clarification on whether it is true that it is actually johnny's SAS that trained the sammy's navy SEALS. is all navy SEAL / RSOF 30-40th infantry doctrinal foundations and training based on the british SAS vietnam oPsec??
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed May 01 2013, 08:41

Hee hee wazee mimi niko time to time I pop in check in although I admit I haven’t posted on the wall for sometimes.
one thing I realized about TEA members is, although they seem awful quiet they do follow the mjadala closely. Notice how members continue smoothly with the flow when they reappear ?? Tuko pamoja
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Wed May 01 2013, 11:35

@bullet-man bana last time I checked, I saw @olekoima dropping a huge bombshell about your toys aging. Have we upgraded them ama bado? if not what are we waiting for
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty KISMAYO

Post  mchoraji Wed May 01 2013, 19:53

In the past 24hrs there have been all these reports in SIN of resurgence of Al-shabaab activity.ON what's up? am wondering how the brigands came to within striking distance of Kismayo new airport.lazima kuna some loose ends that need to be sealed.does the recent events e.g the warlord's return have something to do with this? is the somalia govt. free of guilt in all this? please enlighten us
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 02 2013, 14:30

As expected following their dramatic reversals last year, AS has undergone building-block changed in Form, Composition, Leadership, Network-Alliances, Deployment. Mostly informed of Survival considerations. Dispersal into Puntland of earlier was a panicked retreat from Southern and Central Soomaliya. There has been a substantial attrition of it's Command Structure mostly through the unrelenting pressure of the 30th but also from internal schisms in AS. But worrisome too has been the frenetic response of AlQaida and Transnational Islamic Jihadist to salvage their rear-base / Africa toehold in Soomaliya - influx of trained foreign fighters ( Noticed how "brave" Mansour al-amarik has lately become against indigenous AS leadership?) and Fighting-Funds & Equipment. It also looks evident that AS has quartered / Zoned all Soomaliya and ordered efforts to re-establish their presence in each Zone - hence the recently renewed AS direct action in Crazy Town and their feeble attempts in Chai Town two nights ago.

Validation is ongoing on what possible nexus AS may have achieved with elements within and outside the SFG that are opposed to the Jubbaland Conference in Chain Town. It is possible that commonality of Interests have dovetailed and allowed AS to migrate to Jubba under the confusion of SFG's & Barrel's Merahan Militia manouvrers in Gedo and Juba. Regardless, it is not even remotely possible that AS will find toehold anywhere in Jubbaland nor survive the aggravated attentions of ALL of AMISOM about to be ordered by the EAC - we need to clean them out before Johnny can realise the frantic efforts presently being rolled out for conyrrl of a Post-AS Soomaliya.

The UN has replaced Amb. Mahiga (TZ) with a British career diplomatic. The British are driving an aggressive EU diplomatic re-entry into Soomaliya. And Sammy is pushing the UNSC to create a UN Civilian Mandate over Somaliya. All these will push Kenyana out of the Horn of Africa and into a fatal tail-spin. AMISOM is on borrowed time - fact that was clearly alluded to by Uhuru and M7 in Arusha juzi.

mchoraji wrote:In the past 24hrs there have been all these reports in SIN of resurgence of Al-shabaab activity.ON what's up? am wondering how the brigands came to within striking distance of Kismayo new airport.lazima kuna some loose ends that need to be sealed.does the recent events e.g the warlord's return have something to do with this? is the somalia govt. free of guilt in all this? please enlighten us

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Fri May 03 2013, 10:44

@Man-with-the-Golden-Gun, Do you have any information on the possible purchase of some choppers for our "Utumishi-kwa-wote" chaps? Recent activities from 'insyders' shows a well-watered anticipation to get some birds. Some flyboys are undergoing training in RSA, -1 chopper last year- a gap waiting for refilling, ..ecetra.

Please share if any.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Sun May 05 2013, 13:13

sometimes i just wonder..just how the KDF does it in the south, especially in the face of such
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22418109
praying for all uniforms involved in somalia,whether directly or indirectly

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun May 05 2013, 16:13

mchoraji wrote:In the past 24hrs there have been all these reports in SIN of resurgence of Al-shabaab activity.ON what's up? am wondering how the brigands came to within striking distance of Kismayo new airport.lazima kuna some loose ends that need to be sealed.does the recent events e.g the warlord's return have something to do with this? is the somalia govt. free of guilt in all this? please enlighten us
Boots on the ground and various other media sources tell of a heavy use of UCAV's in this particular battle. Apparently, the synergy between combat helios and UCAV's was too much for the Kebab to bear. Sustained precision strikes over waves of mass attacks carried the day. O.N/Risasi put more meat onto this bone.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 Empty SECTOR 2

Post  mchoraji Mon May 06 2013, 16:29

If the reports we are getting in bits & pieces are anything to go by, then kebaabs have decided to test KDF defences in sector 2 on various fronts.Is it true last night they tried to re-enter Dhobley?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Mon May 06 2013, 18:55

jasiri wrote:
Boots on the ground and various other media sources tell of a heavy use of UCAV's in this particular battle. Apparently, the synergy between combat helios and UCAV's was too much for the Kebab to bear. Sustained precision strikes over waves of mass attacks carried the day. O.N/Risasi put more meat onto this bone.
I also come across this interesting MD500 clips. I can't confirm the validity.. any thing uniformers?
looks like UAV + Md500 and Insurgents in a familiar background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnkt66LhslM
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon May 06 2013, 22:23

Balozi wrote:
jasiri wrote:
I also come across this interesting MD500 clips. I can't confirm the validity.. any thing uniformers?

Those raven drones really came in handy...

Excellent take down by the KDF

BTW that Mi-28 video was great thing look bad ass bulletman

Last edited by cylon on Mon May 06 2013, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon May 06 2013, 22:31

nato conducted there sea drills in mombasa today against pirates... Was KDF involved in anyway???
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Tue May 07 2013, 04:08

Balozi wrote:

This is what I see, freeze the clip at 0:06 and 0:20. The co-ordinates at the top left and bottom right. N33 16 35, E43 40 22 /N33 18 40,E43 31 22 = Habbaniyah 22.6km East of Fallujah
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Tue May 07 2013, 15:12

Al Bashir wrote:
Balozi wrote:

This is what I see, freeze the clip at 0:06 and 0:20. The co-ordinates at the top left and bottom right. N33 16 35, E43 40 22 /N33 18 40,E43 31 22 = Habbaniyah 22.6km East of Fallujah
wo! the video is now private....
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue May 07 2013, 19:54

timoh wrote:
Al Bashir wrote:
Balozi wrote:

wo! the video is now private....
Are sure it wasn,t S 0.3603° ,E 42.5488° ? cause that’s a coordinate I know too well. MD500s that are in theatre are in Kismayo (KDF) and in Afghanistan (private contractors flanked by ex-KDF boys) . it could be a clip meant for training or a familiarization video. can some re-post the video
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=S+0.3603%C2%B0+,E+42.5488%C2%B0&hl=en&biw=1078&bih=501&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=jy-JUa7lLMjDrAe6l4C4DA&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Tue May 07 2013, 20:06

jasiri wrote:
mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
jasiri wrote:@ Mjeshi Mmoja, this looks like something you would absolutely love. Beats uncle Woo's boat hands down. Packs a serious punch for such a small vessel. Ivan calls it the Buyan class OPV's for patrolling EEZ's and anti-piracy, smuggling fisheries...basically, Kenya Navy's daily job.

1 x 100 mm main gun
2 x 30 mm AK-630 or 1x40 A-215 "Grad-M" (id go for a mix of both. 2 grad equiped, 2 AK 630 equiped..who knows when an amphib op would need arty support?)
8 x SS-N-27 (Kalibr) AShM in 14UKSK VLS
1x4 3M-47 Gibka (Igla-1M)
2x1 14.5 mm, 3x1 7.62 mm

3 ships like this and even the South African won't dare cross into our sights.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 31 1280px-Caspian_Corvette_Astrakhan.jpg
Hii umetowa wapi I say? Some of you dude can fill in at KN HQ arms procurement team bila conversion classes or debriefing. Very Happy
On the boat, you see the black painted sides . you know what its means? We don,t want to go their again. Ama?
being a new boat and not secondhand/used i would question if it would be a leap status for KN. i.e its not much a deal than the Nyayo class during thier Prime days.
The 550 t displacement corvette 62 m
I've been particurlaly interested in that paint scheeme for Russian patrol boats but couldn't get any answers, so i assumed it was because exhaust pipes are located hapo nyuma.
Anyway Shujaa, Shupavu, Umoja (1 & 2), Nyayo and Harambee are all toothless now (only main guns). Somewhere there is a forseable need for armed coastal patrol vessels, esp since we now have a very Pan-African President.
The craft is painted black on its side because that’s where the engine exhaust outlet are place. Convection funnel exhaust gives away the craft in IR detection. The problem with side exhaust is that if the crafts is moving slow the smoke gets trapped inside the hull. Chest problems for the engine boys. it was so server with Nyayo and Umoja until we wanted them restructured in S.A at one point
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue May 07 2013, 20:48

Well im sure the Russians can make a model peculiar to Kenya on request. shouldn't be grounds for dismissing such a spectacular machine.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next