THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Olekoima Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:57

Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Tz overtaking Kenya in 7-10 years? Where do you leave UG with all her oil resources. Aren't they going to come up too? What if Kenya strikes oil as is likely to be the case? I highly doubt if Tz will come any close to Kenya. My bet is perhaps in UG. They are not only aggressive, but willing to try things as well. Tz despite her massive natural resources has continued to remain behind with no will to improve. I don't see this changing in the near future unless they drastically overhaul their approach and attitude towards things and stop lamenting that Kenya is out to steal from them.

Sorry for alarming some of you with the 7 - 10 year projection. I think it was 2030 or thereabouts, it's in this article;

http://thecitizen.co.tz/news/4-national-news/17054-tz-economy-to-surpass-kenya-forecast-shows.html

For y'all new forum members, I am Ugandan. We have no issues with Kenyans. The Kenyans who've been to Uganda usually like the welcome we give them (and the Matooke, I must add). Actually, I would rather the likes of UCHUMI and TUSKY dotted Uganda than, say Shoprite or McDonald's that repatriate their profits thousands of miles from Uganda.

That said, Uganda's oil is too little to change the dynamics of the region. Granted, the Tanzanians are slow and at times xenophobic, but they stand the best chance to compete for economic bragging rights.

The term 'bigger economy' is just that, a term. Sudan's economy before the secession of the South was at $60bn compared to Kenya's $32bn and Uganda's $17bn. The biggest percentage of these figures is oil infrastructure (Refineries, pipelines etc). But is life in Sudan better than in Uganda or Kenya? Therefore as long as investors bring mining infrastructure to Tz, their economy will continue to grow.

I don't know about you, but I believe what's good for Kenya, or Tanzania for that matter, is good for Ug.

@ Vitruvian, the SIN site, I don't take it very seriously. Usually such sites are meant for Western consumption. This is what usually happens: A western writer or journalist decides that the best way to climb or be taken seriously is by writing from areas where the west has little knowledge, say Africa. He spews a lot of gabaage that is taken in hook, line and sinker by western readers. I am sure in his credentials you'll find "Expert on African Military and Intelligence Matter" with links to SIN for the doubters. Just let him be.

Spot on Spartan, you are a true son of East Africa.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Thu Feb 09 2012, 11:13

Good insight Spartan.However,the idea that there is a mistrust of Ugandans by Kenyans is is not a new sentiment or without basis.Without going deep,there has been incidents that lead to this sentiment current and past leadership in Kampala expansionist tendencies not withstanding.The bottom line is that we Kenyans have a different style of doing everything compared to Ugandans.For example while kenya has evolved to be the most democratic and progressive country in this part of hemisphere,Uganda has solved its political problems with the muscle of a gun and the leadership to this day is still vertically digging itself down the throats of ugandans.Another area is the military doctrine and philosophy.U.p.d.f is very much a political force as much as it is anything else.The broader perspective is that u.p.d.f is used and has been used to prop up the leadership in Kampala at every instance the opposing political force came calling.I could go forever pin pointing the differences but its useless,the thing is that we see the way you guys do things and we cant help but wonder whether Ug knows this is 2012.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Thu Feb 09 2012, 11:20

@Vitruvian

Yep that was the EA newspaper link i was looking for. asante.

The SOM cake is surely served with hungry faces ready to poke it away. The main Chef is Sheikh Sharif. The west plus external players have been pouring substantial cash just to make better their portions. Seems Turkey is gearing up for a handsome share. it stands the darling of SOM. Unfortunately the regional countries seem not to be very ambitious but understandably so. Kenya and Ug seem to have common interest though a bit diverse in some aspects. They both are more concerned with regional trade opportunities and security. The other day BBC had an interview with a UG general who when asked why the jumped into SOM sighted that if Kenya's security is compromised the effects spill directly to UG. i thought t'was a bit lame as factual as it may be. IMO, i think the influence UPDF in UG politics underscores the need to keep some chaps busy and engaged in SOM -i could be wrong. I wonder in the same thought line what will happen when these theatres wind up.
Ethiopia interests could be more in maintaining their geopolitical status. A stable administration yes but not too strong in SOM is preferred by all. And talking of TZ..... how comes they seem not to have any interest in this cake -i hope it's not an indication that the ingredients have been poisoned. He he he.

@Spartan,
I think Ug has enough deposits to change things around and in a big way. The infrastructure will notably benefit from this as M7 puts it. However, the management of this resource as it stands casts a dark shadow on the potential that will trickle to the common mwananchi. Massive corruption and positioning of the mighty will siphon all it away. The welcome in UG is top man! especially the 'nyabos' -just out of this world. how do you survive???

On other matters,

British ministry of foreign affairs 'plans' to send away all migrants who don't earn between GBP 31,000-41,000 per year. This is blatantly xenophobic only written in white. Eiish!!! Even a substantial number of British expats in Africa don't earn that much. Africa needs to put its act together if black ink highlighting africans plight is to equally weigh as much as the whites in the west. The world throws stones when Mugabe does his thing and south Africans protest. In Kenya we can't be left at peace when we consider relocating the refugee camps! Should we squiggle down something in regard to these foreigners from the west?? surely!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4103164/Immigrants-must-earn-31k-or-go.html
vince
vince

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Thu Feb 09 2012, 11:44

ole Nkarei wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:

Enjoy your R & R Sierra Kilo, as long as it last. Be there too soon I hope. Now, don't go shouting from the Tree-tops about this, you might get the wolves turning this way, man!! See, we got the busy-body NGO shouting hoarse about ICC that they see nothing else, and the Brits seem to have redirected from Kenya Regime-Change to expansive economic possibilities in a pacified Somalia - they want a piece of it too. So, now is as good a time as any to get some Clothes on KDF, eh? And it isn't that the Air Transport has been neglected, but that there is just so many cows and goats to sell, and we must do this from a priority-listing. The immediate thing was to re-define front-line groups away from large-standing formations, together with whatever else would keep these groups active and effective. Soon enough you will see some movement on Air-Transport too - how about the sweet smell of some hand-me-downs C-130s from Israel hot already!!).

@Azkahia -The CASA 235 / 295 was an purchase-probe, doubtful it getting into field-trials at this juncture.

@Nesta - no truth to that rumor, bro. What is true is that elaborate efforts by many arms of GoK have been expended over the years to mask the true position of Hydrocarbons in Kenya to avoid expected debilitating conflicts between disparate ethnic groupings over these natural resources - we needed first of all either a concrete social contract between us (constitutional) or greater integration which is a longer-term assumption.

@Mwaura - I note you have caught onto the essential differentiation the defines the combat roles of the Mi-28 and the KA52 - crew protection and equipment survive-ability. For the Matrix we envisage into the next five years or so, the KA52 is abit over the table. Probably later when the Oils is flowing from Juba to Lamu and points in between.

@Spartan - it is this audacity of Kenyans to imagine beyond what you call glamorous is probably what sets Kenyans apart in this Kenyana. But call it Ugandana, Congo, Kenyana, whatever, as long as we all recognise this is the field we must all live and survive in as one fist in this increasingly hostile world.

See you'all soon!!
Finally! Someone put into words the psychological difference viz a viz Kenyans and other E.Africans. That audacity to imagine is why we're so much ahead in every sphere.
@one man army
i disagree that the kdf naval vessel coming from Spain s the most advanced yet
the
reason being that this ship though very expensive because of dubious
deals done by major general Mwathethe, the ship has no weapons systems
on board at all.NOTHING.YOU CAN SEE even on the pictures no forward
deck gun at all.. .a basic thing on a naval vessel.
http://www.triton.co.za/triton-featured-projects/jasiri-1.jpg
so this ship does not add anything of value to kdf current naval defensive or offensive capabilities.
it is just designed as an oceanographer..mainly for mapping and exploratory purposes.
Kenya
is hoping to use the ship to map out and police the larger expanded
economic exclusion zone that kenya government is claiming from the
Indian ocean.
here is a copy of the original contract entered by murungaru,mwiraria,kyungu..and others total costs more than 4billion.
http://www.marsgroupkenya.org/pdfs/june_07/Kenya_Navy_Jasiri_Mombasa.pdf
IN
OTHER WORDS it is just an exotic fishing vessel...which has coasted
more than twice the next two best armed Kenyan vessels combined.it is a
scandal and a shame.
No,counter sniper. Just no! It was pointed out by someone on earlier pages on this forum,now the closed forum that the smaller refitted gunboats were to have their Otomat ASh launchers removed and fitted onto the Jasiri and that her ocean floor mapping is intended for 2 future sub purchases,either Indian or Pakistani . Secondly,marsgroup.org isn't a reliable info source by any means. Those unelected neocolonialists are beholden to their Anglo jewish sponsors-don't be fooled. Also,though I may stand corrected,the deal was agreed upon in late 2002,before Mwiraria and co were anywhere near the scene. I read somewhere,(sorry no link!)the DoD were offered a typical Brit deal.
They kindly offered to construct a new frigate around a used engine-for 16 bn ksh!
In this massive rearmament you'll have noticed there's not a single item from the UK-why? Someone called z9invision.free a role play forum but its price guide should give you the answer.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Thu Feb 09 2012, 13:05

ole Nkarei wrote:
Analyst wrote:Hard copy of the Star finally confirms that KDF has the MI-18 Attack helicopters and the BDRM reconnaissance vehicles.

Star quotes KDF officials and also quotes Strategic Intelligence News, our nemesis.

The Star also tells away about the possible acquisition of the F-15 fighter aircraft's for the KDF airforce..

The star quotes senior KDF officials as its sources of the story.

SIN committed no SIN......He is forgiven i assume and hopefully respected as a source of reliable intelligence news...

Come on, Analyst! You seriously suggest newspaper reports as credible source of Intel? From some bored desk-riding scribe that scrolls through sites such as this to glean material to look hot with his Editor? All that stuff on Star has been discussed to death here and there for months - nothing new there! Spartan, Vitruvian so much as point out to you, bro. And quoting SIN or some unknown ''KDF officials'' does not buy credibility with anyone but the most gullible civilian! For an Analyst of your obvious calibre, I cannot credit to you this position you are pushing, mate!! I repeat - SIN is a usable site but it certainly is not Moses writing the Bible. Lets move on!!

Nesta - the Kenyana Concept may take decades to completely integrate National Pyches of the region. Lets be happy with first a shared Security Shield, Open economic and demographic borders, singular political voice internationally, etc. I think Spartan is dead right the way he captures this gist.

Ouch!!

Nkarei broke my kneecap..!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 13:30

Analyst wrote:

Ouch!!

Never my intention, bro. Your input is reasoned and valued by all.

@Mwaura - no heavies from the Brits since Moi left office. Long ten years, huge drought. And it ain't just a pricing, but also reliability / survive-ability and inter-operability of their heavies, from a growing economy point of view. But not so on SF kiting -our SOC mirroring the Brits more than Sammy. These SAW toys from the Brits:

1. The Minimi is a 5.56x45mm light machine-fed from a 200 round ammo box rate of fire at 700-1000 rounds-per-minute at a range up to 800 meters. For the sort of dance in Somalia, weapon of choice with a great many Deltas, and preferred by some Rangers. Just love this babe!

2. The L7A2 GPMG, or 'GIMPY', is a 7.62x61mm belt-fed general purpose machine gun mounted on vehicles, boats and in fixed positions. When mounted on a tripod, with C2 optical sight added and with stock removed, the GPMG is used in 'sustained fire' (SF) mode. In SF mode, the GPMG, with a 2-man crew, lays down 750 rounds-per-minute at ranges up to 1800 meters and can engage targets not in direct line of sight. The Strike-Force Rangers mount 2 GPMGs on an their open land-cruiser, one GPMG on the Recce Humvees, while the Deltas have 3 GPMGs per vehicle - just try and get near them, by gawd!! The 'beaten zone' suppressed by multiple GPMGs is phenomenal.

3. SA80a2 Assault Rifle modified by Heckler & Koch from the earlier the SA80 which the Brits have been trying to fob off to KDF and which they replaced due to huge problems - magazines would sometimes drops out without warning. The weapon was also prone to jamming, some plastic components of the gun melt or break, the safety catches fails in the heat, it is 1kg heavier than comparable AR-15 5.56mm assault rifles. Me, I don’t like even this tool one bit.

Honestly, I don't envisage a stampede back to the Brits on heavies anytime soon!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Thu Feb 09 2012, 14:56

Spartan wrote:
Sorry for alarming some of you with the 7 - 10 year projection. I think it was 2030 or thereabouts, it's in this article;

http://thecitizen.co.tz/news/4-national-news/17054-tz-economy-to-surpass-kenya-forecast-shows.html

@ Vitruvian, the SIN site, I don't take it very seriously. Usually such sites are meant for Western consumption. This is what usually happens: A western writer or journalist decides that the best way to climb or be taken seriously is by writing from areas where the west has little knowledge, say Africa. He spews a lot of gabaage that is taken in hook, line and sinker by western readers. I am sure in his credentials you'll find "Expert on African Military and Intelligence Matter" with links to SIN for the doubters. Just let him be.

Rather than posting a link from a local daily or depending on data cooked up by a quack in a local bank I will use data from the UN and begin by posting the link to the release.
http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wesp/wesp_current/2012wesp_pr_africa_en.pdf

Congratulations on your newly found sense of 'oneness' with Kenyans dear Spartan. The report from the Citizen newspaper has been brandished by every other Tanzanian on their forums as a sign that the decade of the giraffe was with us and they brought out the fireworks and confetti. The assumption made was that Kenya's GDP will stagnante while Tanzania's will heat up and scrape the double digits until 2030. Unbelievably the Tanzanian cabinet held a session and press conference to celebrate the news broken by a lone economist in her powerpoint presentation (I am not making this up).

Less than a month after the party Tanzania's government declared it was broke (link below) and the new data from the UN and not a lone economist scribbling away in London has their GDP slowing down to 4.0% by next year. That is a drop of 3.4 percentile points from their high in 2008. Kenya's GDP on the other hand grew uniformly since the recovery and will overtake Tanzania's by next year growing 5.3% which is a modest figure given the perceived political risks that come with this year's elections.

http://thecitizen.co.tz/component/co...sh-crisis.html
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mbs Thu Feb 09 2012, 15:54

good afternoon gentlemen. I have been an 'invicible' patron of this forum and its nice to say that this is one of, if not, the best blogs out there.Quick question, why is it that TZ is dragging itself in each and evrything that the EAC seems to be doing. is it that the Political Elite are not interested in the future or is it that they know something that the others dont ? They seem to say No to everything that is suggested.
mbs
mbs

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty al-shabab officialy joins al-qaeda

Post  mashaa Fri Feb 10 2012, 09:22

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/09/somalias-al-shabab-joins-al-qaeda-leader-says/?cmpid=cmty_email_Gigya_Somalia%27s_al-Shabab_joins_Al_Qaeda%2c_leader_says

this is a good reason for uncle sam to pay close attention to our military needs...

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Feb 10 2012, 09:39

mekatilili wrote:
Congratulations on your newly found sense of 'oneness' with Kenyans dear Spartan.

Bro, how long have we 'known' each other, one month? While I am 'a bit' nationalistic, I always prefer to use my head. And I don't need to be 'one' with Kenyans to do that.

Let me summarise all the posts I've made here and other fora for your benefit. The world is changing so rapidly and for small states (like Kenya and Uganda) to make any meaningful impact on the world stage economically, diplomatically or otherwise, they need to put aside petty national interests.

To use the analogy of a football game, East African countries need to decide whether we are we players or are we spectators? Do we have our eyes on the ball? Do we have a game plan, and are we playing as a team? Economically and politically, what game are the Chinese playing? Are we better playing the Chinese or should we stick with the West?

I don't always veer far from that bottom line, unless it's a strictly military topic.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty back story central sector-somalia

Post  mashaa Fri Feb 10 2012, 09:44

a good view of the Z-9w & MD500 at the end of the clip.

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Fri Feb 10 2012, 10:44

Z-9w and MD 500's in theater , central sector ... great close up view of the Z-9w at 4.48...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:03

Kudos to K.D.F and our citizen guys.This is one of the best front lines clips forwarded.The frogs look menacing thats one ugly creature i cant stand, the choppers,deadly and ready to make war.Keep up guys.A SOLDIER NEVER DIES.

one man army

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:10

ole Nkarei wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Ouch!!

@Mwaura - no heavies from the Brits since Moi left office. Long ten years, huge drought. And it ain't just a pricing, but also reliability / survive-ability and inter-operability of their heavies, from a growing economy point of view. But not so on SF kiting -our SOC mirroring the Brits more than Sammy. These SAW toys from the Brits:

1. The Minimi is a 5.56x45mm light machine-fed from a 200 round ammo box rate of fire at 700-1000 rounds-per-minute at a range up to 800 meters. For the sort of dance in Somalia, weapon of choice with a great many Deltas, and preferred by some Rangers. Just love this babe!

2. The L7A2 GPMG, or 'GIMPY', is a 7.62x61mm belt-fed general purpose machine gun mounted on vehicles, boats and in fixed positions. When mounted on a tripod, with C2 optical sight added and with stock removed, the GPMG is used in 'sustained fire' (SF) mode. In SF mode, the GPMG, with a 2-man crew, lays down 750 rounds-per-minute at ranges up to 1800 meters and can engage targets not in direct line of sight. The Strike-Force Rangers mount 2 GPMGs on an their open land-cruiser, one GPMG on the Recce Humvees, while the Deltas have 3 GPMGs per vehicle - just try and get near them, by gawd!! The 'beaten zone' suppressed by multiple GPMGs is phenomenal.

3. SA80a2 Assault Rifle modified by Heckler & Koch from the earlier the SA80 which the Brits have been trying to fob off to KDF and which they replaced due to huge problems - magazines would sometimes drops out without warning. The weapon was also prone to jamming, some plastic components of the gun melt or break, the safety catches fails in the heat, it is 1kg heavier than comparable AR-15 5.56mm assault rifles. Me, I don’t like even this tool one bit.

Honestly, I don't envisage a stampede back to the Brits on heavies anytime soon!!
For me the tactically unbeatable weapon/vehicle combo is the royal marine landrover with a rear .50 BMG and a forward gimpy. Its comforting knowing that at any one time you have a 3000 m killing range! I've seen the ultimate tactical jeep from Jordan ,a landcruiser which has a .50 BMG in the rear just ahead of a single barrel 120 automatic mortar, (a revolving turntable at the base plate carries the rounds) with a forward gimpy.
Btw,do you think we should beef up our armour with wheeled anti armour AFVs instead of the T 72s? Yes,I'm aware of the tracked vs wheeled debate but the S.Africans did very well with their 90 mm Ratels in Angola. With our topography and threat environment I was specifically thinking of 8 by 8 105 mm AFVs like the Fench Vextra or Austrian Pandur.
Counter sniper ,here's a dailymail report on a typical case of standard Brit arms sale procedures:
A British corruption investigation into the sale of frigates to
Romania brought further controversy yesterday, when a Romanian admiral
alleged his impoverished country had paid three times more than
necessary.

The price was £116m, but Victor Blidea, who at the
time was chief of the Romanian naval operations command which took
delivery of the two British ships, said the Dutch navy had been
offering similar surplus frigates, better-equipped and still in active
service, for £40m. He told the Guardian in Bucharest: "We had
information at the time about Dutch frigates on sale offered at £20m
apiece. They were 'hot' ships, ships on duty, and not second-hand
ships. The British frigates are not bad, but they don't fit in the
[Romanian] navy's budget. Their maintenance is too costly. We also have
to equip them properly, which is again lots of money."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/jun/13/armstrade.bae
So when you see their agents hystericallly barking accusations and pointing fingers,pause for thought. I beleive in the jasiri case their tender was just too high-failing to realise their day was over and accepting the situation they instigated the likes of Githongo and Mati to initiate reactions up to and including regime change.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Fri Feb 10 2012, 14:11

MWAURA wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Ouch!!

For me the tactically unbeatable weapon/vehicle combo is the royal marine landrover with a rear .50 BMG and a forward gimpy. Its comforting knowing that at any one time you have a 3000 m killing range! I've seen the ultimate tactical jeep from Jordan ,a landcruiser which has a .50 BMG in the rear just ahead of a single barrel 120 automatic mortar, (a revolving turntable at the base plate carries the rounds) with a forward gimpy.
Btw,do you think we should beef up our armour with wheeled anti armour AFVs instead of the T 72s? Yes,I'm aware of the tracked vs wheeled debate but the S.Africans did very well with their 90 mm Ratels in Angola. With our topography and threat environment I was specifically thinking of 8 by 8 105 mm AFVs like the Fench Vextra or Austrian Pandur.
Counter sniper ,here's a dailymail report on a typical case of standard Brit arms sale procedures:
A British corruption investigation into the sale of frigates to
Romania brought further controversy yesterday, when a Romanian admiral
alleged his impoverished country had paid three times more than
necessary.

The price was £116m, but Victor Blidea, who at the
time was chief of the Romanian naval operations command which took
delivery of the two British ships, said the Dutch navy had been
offering similar surplus frigates, better-equipped and still in active
service, for £40m. He told the Guardian in Bucharest: "We had
information at the time about Dutch frigates on sale offered at £20m
apiece. They were 'hot' ships, ships on duty, and not second-hand
ships. The British frigates are not bad, but they don't fit in the
[Romanian] navy's budget. Their maintenance is too costly. We also have
to equip them properly, which is again lots of money."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/jun/13/armstrade.bae
So when you see their agents hystericallly barking accusations and pointing fingers,pause for thought. I beleive in the jasiri case their tender was just too high-failing to realise their day was over and accepting the situation they instigated the likes of Githongo and Mati to initiate reactions up to and including regime change.

Britain is still a amongst the world leaders when it comes to arms manufacturing and trade and according to this award winning documentary; http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/flying-the-flag/ ..."the industry is
considered so important by the government that it consumes almost half
of all research and development funds... its’ future is
uncertain and depends to a large degree on secret deals with some of the
most corrupt and brutal regimes on Earth"...i agree with @Mwaura we need to be more critical when it comes to this NGO "sleuths"
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty Arm chair analysts????? Or NOT?? have your say

Post  mwepesi Fri Feb 10 2012, 16:47

Found this clip on you tube and I was like..........................lol!! what the heck is this shallow minded dude talking about, especially by this David Anderson from time 4:15 when he dismisses KDF guess he is kinda pushing the plight of refugees???.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-AvoLNbvc

a small bio about this guy and contacts can be found at this link

http://www.worldwhoswho.com/public/views/entry.html?id=sl2174394

Note:

In his intro, he talks about giving the same lecture about KDF in som to US State Dept.

@ Mwaura, Observer & Rest guess you will find this interesting.

mwepesi
mwepesi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:39

[quote="mwepesi"]Found this clip on you tube and I was like..........................lol!! what the heck is this shallow minded dude talking about, especially by this David Anderson from time 4:15 when he dismisses KDF guess he is kinda pushing the plight of refugees???.

Note:

In his intro, he talks about giving the same lecture about KDF in som to US State Dept

Mwepesi,a million thanks for fishing such links. These NGOs are fraundsters and self seekers.

In 1992,my Platoon provided security to set up Dhaghaley and Ifo refugee camps. A week later,my resupply trucks were ambushed at Hega dam near the world famous refugee camp. Needless to say that the attackers dispersed back to the refugee camp. We lost several police officers in subsequent attacks(Hega Dam ambushes of the 1992-93) until it was finally decided to enter Hagadera refugee camp,search for arms and with the help of police,make arrests. Even after recovering armouries inside refugee camps,these NGOs condemned us! They didn't care but when their cruisers got hijacked and staff kidnapped and rapped,it was Kenyas security problem!

At present, I listen to these "African studies" nerds give lectures from all over the World. American researchers are less biased(center leaning) than Scandinavians and the worst are Brits! I have listened to David Anderson couple of times via skype and will unearth his recent similar speech in Australia in Dec.

One issue this guy has never addressed is the influx/impact of foreign fighters into Somalia before KDF invasion. Does he really care if these Britons,Americans and other terror individuals retuned back to blow up London and other cities?

Last edited by Ole Sidai on Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it better)
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:57

[quote="Ole Sidai"]
mwepesi wrote:Found this clip on you tube and I was like..........................lol!! what the heck is this shallow minded dude talking about, especially by this David Anderson from time 4:15 when he dismisses KDF guess he is kinda pushing the plight of refugees???.

Note:

In his intro, he talks about giving the same lecture about KDF in som to US State Dept

Mwepesi,a million thanks for fishing such links. These NGOs are fraundsters and self seekers.

In 1992,my Platoon provided security to set up Dhaghaley and Ifo refugee camps. A week later,my resupply trucks were ambushed at Hega dam near the world famous refugee camp. Needless to say that the attackers dispersed back to the refugee camp. We lost several police officers in subsequent attacks(Hega Dam ambushes of the 1992-93) until it was finally decided to enter Hagadera refugee camp,search for arms and with the help of police,make arrests. Even after recovering armouries inside refugee camps,these NGOs condemned us! They didn't care but when their cruisers got hijacked and staff kidnapped and rapped,it was Kenyas security problem!

At present, I listen to these "African studies" nerds give lectures from all over the World. American researchers are less biased(center leaning) than Scandinavians and the worst are Brits! I have listened to David Anderson couple of times via skype and will unearth his recent similar speech in Australia in Dec.

One issue this guy has never addressed is the influx/impact of foreign fighters into Somalia before KDF invasion. Does he really care if these Britons,Americans and other terror individuals retuned back to blow up London and other cities?

this Anderson guy is "amazing" ... he talks about the Ranger star forces..."2500 somali speaking Kenyans recruited and trained by the Brits and the US for the Somali invasion"..then shows a picture of 20 para officers and NCO's in the U.S. non of them Somali ... He also talks about the IGAD countries rooting for one Somali then speaks about Juba land initiative as proposed by Kenya, a contradiction if you ask me...and the bit on the Kenyan military turning more political...i wonder what the U.S state dept had to say about his analysis.

I guess these NGO's would rather have a Somali that is unstable and not have any military intervention so as to use the Humanitarian issue to raise funds, they offer no solution to the refugee problem nor the Somali chaos...i wonder what kind of analysis he is currently offering considering the recent events in OLN...@Ole Sidai maybe you can provide some more recent "analysis" from this "African studies" expert.

The scandinavians and their NGO's may be feeling left out in all the action...i,m sure it would be a huge loss if Dadaab camp left the map and they had no more pictures to show their funders back home.
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:00

Air transport Do we lag in the ability? Not disputing or agreeing, only shading more light in air transport.
To clarify on air transport , air transport is organized and conducted in two sections.

Intratheater airlift (light lifters)

http://www.definitions.net/definition/intratheater%20airlift
Intra Theater is done in the battlefields. Aircrafts for that role should have robust landing gear due to areas of operation, unpaved runways and easy serviceability’s (relative to individual FYI). US/NATO C-130 , the bird of choices.
KDF Y-12. Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Y12kaf10

Intertheater airlift (heavy lifters)
Intertheater airlift is done for AFB to the theater hubs. Main features are large Cargo preferable with short field landing, reversing Cap. and short take off from confined areas of delivery.

The short take off while heavily laden is achieved by the T-tail config. of the aircrafts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-tail that acts as a lifting pivot for short take off.

US

C-5( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C-5_Galaxy.jpg) &

C-17 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C-17_test_sortie.jpg )

E.U

Airbus A400 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A400M-1969.jpg

KDF

DHC-5
Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Buffal10

Features
C-5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGLzrHE2Wxk

C-17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2awzBWwr3Y

DHC-5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lRlpPbERo

C-130 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segw6aIwbgg

The DHC-5 does precisely what we would expect from inter theater birds but lags in payload. The C-130 has the payload but requires a longer take off Distance.

The old Girl is getting older and replacements are due. we might losing an aspect that we dearly cherries
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Fri Feb 10 2012, 20:03

At least, in my view, we have learned some lessons from Iraq and
Afghanistan. I strongly opposed both those ventures, because I believe
they were badly planned and because they involved western troops on the
ground. Thank God we have learned the lessons and British coffins are
not returning through Wootton Bassett from Somalia. We are, however,
engaged and not a great deal has been said about this so far. We are,
apparently, training, equipping and supporting Kenyan and other African
Union troops. I am told that British Army officers can often be seen in
Nairobi doing that.
Not a great deal is disclosed about it by our
Government—perhaps that is right and it should be under the radar—but I
think that Parliament, which pays for it, needs to know what is
happening on behalf of our taxpayers.

Mr. Leigh, British MP

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 22:28

Nesta wrote:

Mr. Leigh, British MP

@Nesta - don't go swallow that BS. What is heaven's name would KDF be needing British Trainers for the Jig in Somalia? Are we to believe KDF is that Rudimentary? Kenya is not a newborn nation, are not now constituting the KDF. No British equipment recently received to need ''trainers'', our basic and advanced Combat Schools at all levels from Intermediate-to-General-Command, are fully subscribed with Uniforms from all over Kenyana, been operational for over a decade, and are as top-rate as those the Brits run themselves. KDF has barely a Brigade in Somalia, running a kinda basic Military Operation. Dammit, why would Kenya require hoonkie trainers? The Brits are repositioning themselves to rape Somalia, in their usual fashion, are very miffed that they are so peripheral to GoK/KDF strategy in Somalia. If the Chinese and Turks get first lick, game over this entire Kenyana for the Brits. Truth? The Brits seek renewed relevance in an increasingly muscled Kenyana. That Leigh garbage is reassuring to their Brits voting public in a world that is fast-changing, but it still is a load of BS. Ati British Army Officers regularly seen on Nairobi Streets - for Kirinyaga's sakes!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Sat Feb 11 2012, 07:48

i wonder what kind of analysis he is currently offering considering the recent events in OLN...@Ole Sidai maybe you can provide some more recent "analysis" from this "African studies" expert.

Yes I got a clip of him at Brisbane 9th Dec last year and at some places @ Washington DC. There is also another idiot from George Washington University with similar idiocy purpoting to be Africa/Middle East scholars. Quite frankly open distribution of such dead end thinkers is propagating bigots there in(nione kado). Remember negative advertizement works no matter what. Such is reason people research more about Josef Goebel and his team/events than lets say Thomas Sankale, Patrice Lumumba,Teacher Nyerere or Henry Ford. Heritage Foundation has better African/Democracy focused thinkers than what Brits got on the field. A key to note is that Brits have stagnated whereas that pricey continent is on its wings! They worry of the abudant key elements of power (Natural resources,Human resource,Tech/Educ and Co-ops among neighbor States). Brazil,SA and others come into mind. May I ask this;what is Prof Anderson job description? Who pays for his research,travel expenses and stuff? Bottom line is;the juicer the story,the more he potrays perceived desperation and fear to donors to open their pockets. And yes his speaking fees comes from successful donor contributions. These nuts even use Ethiopia hunger pictures of 1988,1990 purpoting them to be recent kuchanga pesa!

Boys and girls born in Somalia in 1990 when Siad Barre regime exploded are now 22yrs. Those born at Ifo,Dadaab and other camps I helped to set up in 1992 are now 20yrs. What a society? What was the western countries(donors) vision of Somali society/nation before kdf incursion? (Failed state,terrorists,jihadist,and all bad eggs). If Anderson expected Kdf to seek permision from him before executing the rights to protect motherland,it will come soon after Kismayo. The west(except USA) and guys like him are like macho ya chula kwa maji.
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Feb 11 2012, 07:57

@Ole Nkarei, I knew the British MP was just reassuring himself and the people who believe him. They were discussing about the upcoming conference in Somalia. Apparantley, the brits have said they won't recognize Somaliland until its first recognized by Africa.

BTW, about the Brits in Kenya, i usually see them around. Are they stationed in Kenya like a military base (strategic interest?) or are they just here so that they can train their troops? And the much-talked about training that they do in Marsabit, do they do it for all their troops (recruits?) or is it some training that is given to people of a certain rank?

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 08:53

Nesta wrote:@Ole Nkarei, I knew the British MP was just reassuring himself and the people who believe him. They were discussing about the upcoming conference in Somalia. Apparantley, the brits have said they won't recognize Somaliland until its first recognized by Africa.

BTW, about the Brits in Kenya, i usually see them around. Are they stationed in Kenya like a military base (strategic interest?) or are they just here so that they can train their troops? And the much-talked about training that they do in Marsabit, do they do it for all their troops (recruits?) or is it some training that is given to people of a certain rank?

The Brits come to the Motherland for three reasons, (a) to expose their first-response troops to actual tropical and semi-desert conditions, (b) cross-training with our SOC Units - Deltas, CDU, SBS, and (c) to some very minor extent at the Command Schools. But for SOC, there is generally little interface – we keep to ourselves, and they keep to themselves. Talk about hoonkies running around in Lanet, Eldoret, Isiolo, Manda is simply hallucinatory. The Brits have been spotted in Nairobi streets for over seventy years. There are no Military Bases for the Brit or anyone else in Kenya.

For purely strategic economic reasons, the Brits are fighting to recover lost momentum that have the seen the Turks, Qatar and Chinese make serious inroads in Somalia and the AU attitude towards the Somalian Conflict. It is in this context that one should see the London Conference and all this BS from Anderson and a multiplicity of the so-called ‘’African Experts’’ who are essentially agents of MI6 and the foreign office. Flowing from it too, anticipate an reactivation of their Sleeper Third Force of British-assimilated Somalia back into the Somalia Public life and NGO all over this part of the world – such as the present Mayor of Mogadishu!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:33; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:27

Flowing from it too, anticipate an reactivation of their Sleeper Third Force of British-assimilated Somalia back into the Somalia Public life and NGO all over this part of the world – such as the present Mayor of Mogadishu!

Well said,sir! Already recruitment is going on at Columbus(OH), Minnesota,London and many cities in California for professionals.....Drs,profs,nurses....list goes on. From my contacts with these recruits,their allegience is to the land of Som,no matter what! BHO is very supportive of this initiative. Unlike Brits,he believes in stable Som minus AS and AQ. Stable Som is a mammoth score to kdf but depicts big failures to perceived magna powers. I long to hear them appreciate the changing tide! Brothers,how I wish was part of the team designing this change? My blood boils down to the dot!!!
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 10:12

ole Nkarei wrote:
Nesta wrote:@Ole Nkarei, I knew the British MP was just reassuring himself and the people who believe him. They were discussing about the upcoming conference in Somalia. Apparantley, the brits have said they won't recognize Somaliland until its first recognized by Africa.

The Brits come to the Motherland for three reasons, (a) to expose their first-response troops to actual tropical and semi-desert conditions, (b) cross-training with our SOC Units - Deltas, CDU, SBS, and (c) to some very minor extent at the Command Schools. But for SOC, there is generally little interface – we keep to ourselves, and they keep to themselves. Talk about hoonkies running around in Lanet, Eldoret, Isiolo, Manda is simply hallucinatory. The Brits have been spotted in Nairobi streets for over seventy years. There are no Military Bases for the Brit or anyone else in Kenya.

For purely strategic economic reasons, the Brits are fighting to recover lost momentum that have the seen the Turks, Qatar and Chinese make serious inroads in Somalia and the AU attitude towards the Somalian Conflict. It is in this context that one should see the London Conference and all this BS from Anderson and a multiplicity of the so-called ‘’African Experts’’ who are essentially agents of MI6 and the foreign office. Flowing from it too, anticipate an reactivation of their Sleeper Third Force of British-assimilated Somalia back into the Somalia Public life and NGO all over this part of the world – such as the present Mayor of Mogadishu!

OLE NKAREI
you are spot on mostly about the Brits in Kenya but there are some corrections.
but wait a minute i was under the impression the BRITS have been given a small base in side a corner of KAHAWA Garrison from where they run the activities in Kenya under the name "British army training liaison staff Kenya" ie BATLASK.
THEY have a field office in isiolo and archers post.
THEY USE THESE to a acclimatize their troops for desert and semi desert conditions before shipping them out to IRAQ or Afghanistan and at every one time there are usually about 1000 t0 1200 men undergoing this training.
At the moment there are around 850 British troops training in Kenya.
BTW
my beef with these guys is why they waited for 22 years to come into Somalia only after kdf has done the heavy lifting.

ALSO
BWANA NKAREI..IS IT TRUE THAT the reason KDF has not taken kismayu is because THE CinC has caved to pressure and has called a halt to this action to be scaled back?that would be a huge mistake almost comparable to George bush senior calling for a halt to the Baghdad assault in the first gulf war..causing Saddam to survive another 13 years.
i understand from other sources and intell that kdf top brass are not happy about this delay to get orders from kibaki to capture this important town.
i think kdf must move over in before ALQUIDA inspired brigands come flooding in and also kdf must secure all airfields and shoot down any unknown aircraft operating in the south of Somalia without authority from kdf.

countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 10:59

countersniper wrote:
you are spot on mostly about the Brits in Kenya but there are some corrections.
but wait a minute i was under the impression the BRITS have been given a small base in side a corner of KAHAWA Garrison from where they run the activities in Kenya under the name "British army training liaison staff Kenya" ie BATLASK.
THEY have a field office in isiolo and archers post.
THEY USE THESE to a acclimatize their troops for desert and semi desert conditions before shipping them out to IRAQ or Afghanistan and at every one time there are usually about 1000 t0 1200 men undergoing this training.
At the moment there are around 850 British troops training in Kenya.
BTW
my beef with these guys is why they waited for 22 years to come into Somalia only after kdf has done the heavy lifting.

ALSO
BWANA NKAREI..IS IT TRUE THAT the reason KDF has not taken kismayu is because THE CinC has caved to pressure and has called a halt to this action to be scaled back?that would be a huge mistake almost comparable to George bush senior calling for a halt to the Baghdad assault in the first gulf war..causing Saddam to survive another 13 years.
i understand from other sources and intell that kdf top brass are not happy about this delay to get orders from kibaki to capture this important town.
i think kdf must move over in before ALQUIDA inspired brigands come flooding in and also kdf must secure all airfields and shoot down any unknown aircraft operating in the south of Somalia without authority from kdf.

Those are not ''Bases'' in that sense of the word. It is very much like you have said yourself, really akin to your visiting me for an indefinite period and occupying my third-bedroom for that duration - right of passage and usage as my own, within some limits.

As concerns the rumour swilling around about Kismayo, these may be more partisan-motivated than factual. While it is above my pay-grade to make commentary on this, I can state that it is patently untrue that the delay to take Kismayo has anything to do with Command lethargy, or pressure from external parties. Nothing can be far from the truth on this. And categorically, KDF Brass is not unhappy etc.. It needs to be made clear that GoK Civilian Oversight of KDF is not strictly akin to the publicised and romaticised (in Movies) USARMY-type. Once the General Strategy is approved by GoK, the prosecution and actualisation of Strategy is largely a KDF matter. In the US, every stage of the Strategy is re-interrogated and on specific Special Operations Obama must give directly his go-ahead. Not so in Kenya.

Please revisit our earlier discussion about strategy-on-Kismayo, contrasting on the now openly declared interests by the Brits and Norwagians to gate-crush the party with the excuse that KDF Jubaland Strategy has failed. What better way than for KDF to build up an unwholesome kill-count in Kismayo that turns the collective stomachs of their voting population. Recent noises from the Brits about ''not recognising Somaliland without TFG approval'' are really a coded message to Kenya about Jubaland - and one would prudently also want to see the momentum that the Brits may generate from the London Conference later this month. It also makes greater sense for Kenya to stall kidogo for Budgetary and Material support for KDF from these fellas. Nevertheless, even as things are presently, the initial objective has been largely achieved. Keep the faith, fellas!!

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 32 Empty KDF and kismayu

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 11:51

ole nkarei
i know you don't want to largely agree or disagree with me for oblivious reasons...so i will let you off the hook for now..but all i wanna know is this..is march 2012 the crunch time to take kismayu as this is what the KDF top command have drawn a line in the sand not to cross before this kismayu is sorted quickly?
because you say kdf objectives largely achieved ? but most observers intimate leaving kismayu out of kdf orbit is dangerously counterproductive.
You saw that 15 minute video from alquida number two which is a call to arms by this group..since they are loosing and uunder pressure all over.
How will kdf stop all the mad mullahs the world over from inspiring bandits and suicide bombers from all hell holes on earth decending into this last stronghold to breed more deaths and destruction.?
KDF must act decisively and do the needful. let politics come into it later when the port of kisimayu is safely under kdf control for future handing to TFG control in brackets.

On another note the NSIS has now been given the job of protecting the GOK data networks after the hacking scandal from saboteurs overseas.I wonder if the NSIS has the actual capacity to do this task properly...and why not form a civilian outfit to do this job anyway?
WE ARE A WAR, and under constant terror threat...so data security will further make NSIS hands full.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 14:04

Coroner's Report 2011:

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/magazine/Revolutions++elections+and+money+in+the+air/-/434746/1319412/-/pywgjlz/-/index.html

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/blob/view/-/1321834/data/330264/-/g4uuagz/-/Africa+leadership.pdf

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/blob/view/-/1324006/data/331215/-/bvephdz/-/Africa+List.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:14

@countersniper -

But my reply is not loaded, just shooting my assumptions from my perspective. I recall postulating a while ago that KDF strategy for taking Kismayo is simply that the visible vanguard of the attack / suppression force must necessarily be Somali – TFG/Ras Kamboni / AWSJ. KDF will run pathfinding, Recce, Intel, CAS both rotary and fixed wing, tactical Mortar and Arty, take out hard-targets / Command / Control, resupply, medevac, etc. The carnage that is planned by AS in Kismayo must acquire a Somali-face to avoid an international re-grouping of Jihadists.

Remember that AS, just like are certain of our so-called friends, are banking on a KDF-bloodbath in Kismayo for very divergent motivations. AS, because their conduct thus far has been a public-relations disaster with their Somali Nation constituency. They desperately need a spark to ignite the patriotism of their people, to unite them in their struggle against TFG and her allies. Without a bloodbath in Kismayo, AS has no cause and no justification for continuance. The AQ linkage has existed for years, and being resurrected this time was clearly to forestall any rapprochement between moderate elements of the AS and the TFG - which has appeared increasingly possible lately.

In real terms, KDF seats firmly astride all connections between Kismayo and her client-hinterland. These two are symbiotic, and without one the other is deceased. KDF can decapitate this connection with certitude and totality. It is not necessary, beyond the obvious propaganda value, to storm Kismayo regardless of the Human cost, because isolating Kismayo from her client-hinterland kills it just as dead. Moreover the mystic aura of invisibility that AS waved over the heads of her Somalia People has been destroyed totally by KDF and AMISOM.

As concerns NSIS on securing GoK Data Banks/ Networks, I suppose you meant a 'non-governmental' outfit and not a ‘’civilian'' outfit, but where in the world do purely civilian outfits undertake such a crucial function for Governments? Isn’t the NSIS a civilian Outfit anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next